Page 69 of 69 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Amarilys

Our first baby Diva!!! Yay!! He's so beautiful!! Congrats again!!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Amarilys

Oh my gosh Amy he is adorable. congrats to you and dh. I look forward to seeing your new lo of your little guy.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to andrea m

thank you Drea & Andrea!
He's a handful but I love him so much! Can't wait to start scrapping his pics!

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to Amarilys

Oh Amy....I was just wondering the other day if your baby had been born! Congrats! He is absolutely beautiful! And yes they are a lot of work but oh so many rewards. You will definitely have to share your layouts with us!

Wow I can't believe it's been a month since I've been here. Sorry my friends. Well the floor is in the craft room, things are getting arranged and rearranged. Almost done with the organizing. Woo Hoo! I just love my revamped crafting space. Just a few more things to figure out what to do with, a little bit of foo foo decorating and then I will take pics.

Have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DIVAS!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Happy Mothers day.

Becky I cant wait to see your room.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Andrea... I saw that you have been busy in your room! Wonderful projects you have done!

Boy it is quiet here anymore. Room is done....at least enough to say so. Why is it there is always a bunch of little things that you want to do. I have one more wall to decorate...so hopefully by the end of the week that will be done.

What did you all do for Mother's day?

Trying my hand at mixed media on canvas...sorta intimidating.
Have a great Sunday everyone!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Becky you are ahead of me. My room is not decorated much. I still need to buy the cabinets for my wall. Other things keep happening though.

I got a part time job at a local ice cream store. I am really enjoying it. and the money helps.

We did not do much for mothers day. dd had two softball games that sat. so dh took me to m's, j,s and an lss. i got a few things and we went to dinner. Sunday i just wanted to have a break so dd and i watched movies.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Hey girl...that sounds like a wonderful mother's day to me! Congrats on the job! That sounds like fun.Plus it gets you out of the house for awhile.

And I have seen your room pics. It's decorated!

My son took his wife, his mil, and I to see the movie "heaven is real"...very good movie. Then that night dh took us all out for dinner. Nice day.

Well I messed up my room! Did a mixed media project. Ok...not a masterpiece but I had fun making it and it will go on my wall...along with some yard art that I bought. Then I think I think I will be done.
Well it is really late so I think I'm gonna take this old body to beddy bye.
Have a great week.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Becky sounds like a wonderful mothers day.

I have made a couple canvases and they are a blast. I have a plan for one for my wall but have not had the time. Share a pic of yours. I would love to see it.

Thanks about my room.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Andrea...I had so much fun with the mixed media. But my letters just aren't popping like I'd like them to and they are glued down tight! So trying to figure out how to make them more noticeable without making them dark. They sorta blend in with the background.

Random Thoughts By AuntJo

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Becky did you cut the letters with your cricut? I can see them fine but i imagine hanging on a wall they might blend in. Not sure really what you can do since they are already glued down.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Yeah I cut them with the cricut. I think I should have cut them out multiple times so they would have been thicker like a chipboard and then popped them off the canvas. Oh well. Do you think if I went around the words lightly in a white ink that would help...or maybe lightly rubbing them with a brown ink to make them a little darker?

Getting much needed rain today...but of course we know what that does to my body... I need to go make a card for my youngest who turns 31 today. Wow...not possible.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

I think you could still add layers to the letters and make them thicker.

you could cut a few out and try some different things on them. You could then hold them up to the canvas and see what works. That way you dont ruin the letters that are already glued down trying different things.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Thanks Andrea! I think I will play with it when I have more time and not trying to finish up the Cricut challenge. Of course next month I want to get into more challenges so that it motivates me to scrap! So who knows if it will ever get done...unless one day I just get tired of looking at it and say "I gotta do something it's driving me crazy!"

Hope you are having a great week.

The scrap your stash thread is just too hilarious.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Yes it is i enjoy the laugh every day.

I need to get more motivated to scrap. to. I have been so busy with other projects lately. I signed up for the 50 lo in 2014 contest and i wont make it at this rate.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Amen sister to the getting more motivated! I think I just need to turn a blind eye to the other stuff that I feel I have to do and just do it!

Not a lot going on in my life today. I was suppose to go to my local Dr.but he had to call because he had 2 women go into labor this morning and one looked like it would be a C Section. So his nurse did a consult over the phone so I could get my refills and then I will go in on June 10th.

Leaving on Monday for Vegas! Will go to Drs...but more importantly will get to see the grandbabies down there! Woo Hoo!

Better hush! Meds are kicking in and I am falling asleep while I type. So better get the zzz while I can.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

enjoy your visit when you go see the grandbabies.

My parents will be here today to visit for the weekend.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Is our little thread dead? And we will just have to keep up with each other else where?

Had a great visit with my son and family. The kids are getting so big. Loved seeing my dgs graduate from Kindergarten.

Still trying to purge stuff out of the spare bedroom so it can be a guest room again instead of a catch all for the left overs from the scrap redo.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Becky I was thinking the same thing. No one seams to post here anymore.

So glad you had a great visit with the grandkids.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Well Andrea....looks like it's just you and me kid. Maybe we can keep in touch and use this to keep on track of other challenges we are joining. That way we will know how to find each other!

Are you participating in the let's eat cake thread this month? That group is a hoot! I am planning on doing the page maps challenge too...I noticed you were there.

I had a grad party today....did a card and I really didn't like how it turned out, but oh well. Hope my mojo comes back soon! I think I've been away from scrapping for too long! And my pretty room looks like a bomb went off for one card! LOL!
Grad By AuntJo

Hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs!
------------------------- --
June Challenges:

Cricut Challenge
Page Maps
Let's Eat Cake

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Yes I am in that thread. it is a hoot everyone keeps me laughing.

I am also in the june new lo thread. we post a new one every month and share our lo and projects for the month. you should come check it out in the scrap chat section.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Well I may just have to check that one out. Is Drea still doing the sewing challenge? Uh Oh I can see what is happening to me....want to do lots of challenges and then I stress when I can't finish them all even though I combine things.

Your cards with the coloring you have done are amazing lady! I need someone to teach me how to do that!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Thank you I have been working on learning how to blend my colors better. I am so in love with those stamps i have like 77 of them now lol.

I think she is still doing that challenge. I just do the ones on the main challenge page.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

I love the magnolia stamps too. I have found a lot of digi magnolia images on Pinterest but have wondered if you print them off if you are infringing on a copyright. KWIM? Where do you buy your stamps from?

I wish our little store would carry a few of the international products. I know they can't carry everything but I love some of the stuff I see from Sweden. Ok..off to get the cardboard boxes of photos off my scrap table and organized so I can then create something!

Hugs!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

I do think it is a copy right but am not sure. I cant print images any way because i use TH inks to color everything and the printer ink will run and it waste my water color paper.

I buy mine at a couple places I will pm you some info.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

I didn't think about the ink running! ok...so you use TH inks. That means I could get the stamp and not have to buy anything out of my ordinary! Just maybe more colors of the one I already love! Woo Hoo that's a winner for me!

And thanks for the info!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

You can use your TH ink pad. Just stamp it down on a mat or acrylic block then use the ink like water color paint. dont get water straight on your ink pad.

I use the re inkers and my Th markers. I have an ink pallet that i have a drop of each color in. I stamp my images with the ranger archival ink. That will not run with the water. I use water color paper. The best to use is hot pressed water color paper. It is hard to find though. I have used the cold press just because you can get it anywhere.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

you can look up tutorials on coloring with th inks on you tube.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Hi there! Thanks for the info! have you ever just used the ink from your reinkers? I also have the blending pens. I guess I will just have to start playing with an image for cards and see if I can do it. Something new for me to try. TFS!

Are you enjoying your quiet?

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Yes the re inkers are what i use. I have a ink pallet for them. I prefer the re inkers and then I use the markers for detail or darker places.
Products Referenced in This Post:

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

oooh....now I have to get me one of those! lol

Hope you are having a great day! I was up all night in pain...and I can't sleep today! ugh! Wanted to get my dh a Father's day card made we'll see if it will happen.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

Becky so sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you are able to get some sleep today. Hugs my friend.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to andrea m

Thank you! Oh well life goes on.

My dh has been off work and so I haven't had as much computer time.

Really haven't done anything! I have a list as long as my arm of things to finish up....we'll see!
Hugs!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to AuntJo

If you want i could stamp a few images on some water color paper and send them to you to play with. I dont. have any hot pressed paper left but i have a lot of cold press. With the cold press you have to be careful how much water you use on your brush.

Let me know.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to AuntJo

Hi ladies,
I've missed you all so much but the motivation just seems to have vanished lately. I find myself more and more just sitting in my room looking at all the pretty things trying to will myself to create but no mojo or energy to do it...I'm hoping if I jump back in here that might help?

I hope everyone is doing lovely here...

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hi annie nice to see you around again. This thread has gotten pretty quiet. I know a few of us are still around.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to andrea m

I did a quick read through but there was so much to read I'm not sure how much I missed, have you talked about re-opening the thread to the whole community to see if there are any new Divas out there? Especially now with all the 2peas folks coming over, there might be some new faces

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have not seen rebeccah around on this thread in awhile. It has mainly been me and becky. If you want to start a new thread I would be happy to co hostess. Maybe we could get some new people who love the mixed media stuff.

Page 69 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics