Page 2 of 69 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to krissyclarkmckee

Celina - don't worry, I will take so many pics (and do layouts with them) that you will most likely be begging me to stop already before I am done!

Lisa, I have been so excited all day I have just been bouncing around, not able to sit still for two seconds. It's been good for my housecleaning but not so good for my scrapping since I haven't been able to concentrate on a layout!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Going to sleep now - see y'all tomorrow!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Morning ladies! Feeling just kind of *blah* today. I'm just so tired, and can't shake it off. So, I am struggling to get my laundry and housework done, and there will be no scrappy fun today..

Krissy- I hope you win the big one! Traveling with a bunch of scrappy friends would rock!!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to DreaSlee

Oh this was nice to come back to After a hard drive failure on the computer getting back to my 'normal' computer life is kind of hard.

1. What's your name?
Crystal

2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc..

I have a husband and 3 sons, ages 14, 7,an 3.
Been Married for 6 years and toghether with my husband for 12.

3. How long have you been scrapping?
Man, I would have to say about 6 years now

4. What is your favorite product?
Glimmer mist I use it on almost everything

5. Your favorite manufacturer?
Tattered angels and Cosmo Cricket hands down!

6. A quick description of your style?
Sloppy and un-kempt I often say I do not use a paper trimmer because I'm too lazy to get it out..

7. Anything else you want to share?
I'm on the DT for Scrap Mojo and I have a total obsession with vintage buttons

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to planty

Woohoo, hi Crystal, welcome!
Boooooooo to computer trouble though.

Edited by byondbzr on 04-29-10 06:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK ladies, I added Crystal, and while I was at it, I decided to make the third post in our thread a place we can have a tutorial link list. (It was my post with answers to the questionnaire, which since I moved it to the member list, I don't need it there anymore. LOL!)

Do you think this is a good idea? I know links within threads can get lost. This way, if anyone shares something, I can move it there and we will always be able to find it if we need it. Sound good? Now we all need to whip up some distressing tutorials! I have some from two years ago about alcohol ink, I think. I'll go add those too..

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Good morning all, and welcome Crystal!

Rebecca, I think that's a great idea! Have to love tutorials and other fun goodies to share-looking forward to checking it out!

Not a whole lot done last night, got a couple of thank you cards done and picked one for the thank you challenge, and tonight is looking like a scrap-less night as well. We have guests coming over tomorrow for dinner and I need to clean. It is amazing how much stuff gets carried in by a puppy, I just vacuumed about a week ago and it looks like it never happened.

Rhayne
Rhayne 
Diva
Rhayne
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hi Ladies, Thanks for the invite! I'm not sure how much time I'll have but have been stuck with layouts before and would have loved to have a trusted group of friends to give me an honest opinion

Getting To Know You Questionaire

1. What's your name? - Kelli

2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc.. - I am married and have two children, Zach (15) and Gwen (10)

3. How long have you been scrapping? - Since High School... and that wasn't yesterday. Though, back then, making a scrapbook was NOTHING like it is today. I didn't even know it had a name back then

4. What is your favorite product? - This is really tough. If I just look at what I use on every layout it has to be stitching, either by hand or machine, and ink. I love ink. To me a page just doesn't feel complete without some ink.

5. Your favorite manufacturer? This is also really tough. Just looking through my supplies I'd say I tend to have more Basic Gray, 7 Gypsies and Cosmo Cricket for papers; Distress ink and Glimmer Mist for inks

6. A quick description of your style? - I don't have a style. I am inspired every day in life and pull from that in my layouts. Sometimes a photo will dictate how the layout looks, or a song. I've tried to take those "Find your Style" quizzes and they never work

7. Anything else you want to share? - I'm pretty self-critical and hate nothing more then the "cute" comments on my layouts. I would rather see quality over quantity regarding layout comments. So, bring it on ladies! Don't hold back I may not always agree with your critique but that doesn't mean I appreciate it any less.

See you around!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to Rhayne

I am feeling extremely unmotivated today, but I think it has more to do with a sinus headache that I can't quite get to go away. Ugh!

Rebecca - I really like your idea to have a dedicated spot on the first page for links to tutorials and stuff.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Morning girls! I wasn't able to scrap at all last night. I'm having my parents and grandma over for lunch today so I started on some of the food last night. Good news is that DH and I bought a new mattress yesterday and I got the best sleep I've had in a long time. We were overdue for a new mattress. The old one was sinking in the middle and we'd wake up with back pain.But this new one is like sleeping on a cloud. Crystal and Kelli it's good to have you here.Krissy I was feeling very unmotivated too for the last few days. Now I'm motivated but have no time. For sure later today I'm finishing my page.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Welcome aboard Kelli!

Krissy sorry to hear about your sinus headache-those aren't fun, hopefully it will clear up and you will find your motivation!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

jci to say 'hi' -- I'm drowning today -- bb when I have more time

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to dancinirish90

YAY Kelli, welcome! I have to say, I agree with you on those "cute page," "nice LO," "great distressing" comments. I have gotten this comment a few times: "interesting layout". WTH? That implies my work is wierd, or inferior or something, LOL. If you don't really see anything you like on my page, don't comment on my work, KWIM!

I do understand having to comment on pages though, like in challenges. I see such a variety of work, and some I just don't like..
...BUT...
I always try to pick something I like on a page and comment on it, so it doesn't look like I'm just doing the dreaded "drive-by comment" thing. I can respect the effort, time, and meaning behind every other artists' work, even if I don't care for it. I also learn from pages like that!

Krissy, hope the headache goes away soon!

Andrea, YAY for a new mattress! sounds wonderful!

Lisa, too much on the 'menu' today??

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to byondbzr

I'm so out of it. I havent made a page in weeks now. I need to update my blog and all sorts of stuff but just do not want to.

I hate when I get in moods like this. I bought some new paper and glue and still NOTHING! I do not feel like doing anything.

On Sat my LSS is having a scrap day.. I'm excited but I do not have anything to work on. Gah I hate slacking!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to planty

I know that feeling well Crystal. I am actually in the middle of a "don't really want to but have to" kind of phase. I have major DT deadlines looming over the next week, and that silly online crop on NSBD, and a tutorial for them...

I personally don't get it, there aren't many people that participate, other than fellow DT members. If a message board is dead, it's dead. Sometimes bloghops, challenges, giveaways, and crops won't help it. But, if your DT asks you to do it, you gotta buck up and do it! Ahhh, well, that's the way it goes,I have to juggle my time!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
OK, got a second page done and put up a tutorial on reusing plastic packaging on my blog. The link is in the description. I love this idea, and will use it over and over!

First bloom By Byondbzr

OMG this is the best ever! I will so be using this

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to planty

Welcome Crystal and Kellie! Glad to have you!

Krissy - I hope you feel better. Sinus headaches are such a pain (no pun intended, lol).

Kellie - I know what you mean about those comments. For me the worst ones are one worded comments. Like they are just being nice and don't really like what you did, they just feel obligated.

Rebecca - I do the same thing about commenting. i pick something I really like to comment on and not just put in the obligatory "nice lo" or '"cute page."

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to forevervampress

Jci from work...Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Don't worry Rebecca I wont tell anyone!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Ha Annie, good thing too, LOL!

Good morning everyone, and Happy Arbor Day! Go plant a tree! We are, I'm taking the kids out to plant a Thunderchild Crabapple here in a bit. Perhaps, maybe, I can get a layout out of the process. One never knows!

What is everyone up to today? I hope to scrap some for sure!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Okay - Here I am. I made it through yesterday, although, I still have just as much to do -- I just don't have the pressure of dealing with Shakespeare Night now. It's over for another year -- the kids did great (especially Cassie ).

Nice to meet you Crystal and Kelli!

As far as comments, I try to say something personal about each LO, but let's be honest. Sometimes, there just ISN'T much to say, and when you're supposed to comment on every one in a challenge... I usually do try to go with my very first instinct when I look at something though - and sometimes when I see a LO, I will say 'Oh, CUTE!!' to myself, so that's what I write. It's not intended as a throwaway comment. Not everyone has a way with words so I just appreciate knowing that someone took the time to at least look at my LO even if they don't have something profound to say. JMHO.

Okay -- back to catching up on all the threads I'm behind on. I have finished a couple LO's and a card in the last couple days, but I didn't think they were Deliciously Distressed enough to post here

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Good morning, just got home from taking the puppy in for her second round of shots and then am off to my LSS for some scrap shopping fun! I've a whole list of things to get for NSBD!

DH and I aren't exactly planting a tree, if it is dry enough out we're going to plant a new peony bush I got! But until then off to the scrap room!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Lisa, don't you do that! Don't withhold things from us! I believe we all have some projects that aren't as distressed. Just because you didn't go ink/paint/tear crazy doesn't mean you shouldn't share it here. Share anything and everything you like here girls! LO's, cards, art, tutorials, links to things that inspire you, recipes...Anything goes! We have come together because of the love of distressing, but that isn't all that we are as individuals, right??

Annie, have fun shopping! I must confess, I did some online shopping at A Cherry on Top TWICE this week! One on Monday, it shipped Wednesday, and I expect it today! It's ummm, PRIMA flowers, LOL. The other order I put in yesterday, I got some Basic Grey Basics pp's, AC thickers, and a few more Prima's. Can't wait for it all to get here!

We planted our tree, and I got some great pics. The focal photo is of all three of our hands in the dirt, patting it down around the seedling. I'm scrapping these already, LOL. Of course, I am putting a ginormo tree on the page. I'm scouring my stash looking for texture to use as leaves. So far, so good!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Got my page done, what do you think?

Plant a tree By Byondbzr

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Sounds cool, Rebecca! I wish I had a photo printer so I could do things that are that recent! Wow! I'm thinking that might be my present for birthday or Christmas this year, but we'll see.

Well - I was a very bad girl yesterday -- I ended up going out and buying 2 new lenses! I got the Nikkor 70-300 I was mentioning, and I got a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. It was really inexpensive, and it's fast so it will be good for indoor shots w/out flash. And then, wouldn't you know, I ended up using my old lens last night at Cassie's play -- it was the best choice for getting wider shots as well as closeups. I can't wait to start trying out the new ones though.

And you asked for it! LOL! Here's what I've done the last few days -- some of you have already seen these:

I tried something new with the ribbon on this one. It sort of worked -- I need more practice.
May (2007) By Dancinirish90

And this one has a lot of blended ink on it on all the pp's and around the edge of the bg, but it shows up better IRL.
Great Catch By Dancinirish90

And this card was from a kit so there's not much of my own touch on it other than added ink and stickles. Some of the other ones in the kit leave more room for interpretation. Plus, it was late, and I was tired and trying to finish for the deadline so creativity was not my first priority!
Thank You Thank You Thank You Challenge By Dancinirish90

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Fabulous, Rebecca! Did you free hand the tree?

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Great pages Rebecca and Lisa! I'm almost done with mine. It takes me forever to do a page. Sometimes I can be quick but usually at least a day or 2. But that's also in between cleaning, cooking, and doing errands.Right now I'm doing laundry, then I'll get in the shower, make breakfast, and then hopefully I can get to my scrap table.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to DreaSlee

Good morning, ladies! I am not going to be able to plant a tree today as it is raining but I have a couple of trees and some rose bushes I'll be planting as soon as it is dry again. I am planning on getting some scrapping time in today but I'll have to get it in between cleaning and grocery shopping.

Lisa - Rebecca is right, we want you to share everything here no matter the level of distressing. I keep forgeting to post my stuff here though but that is not because I don't want to share, it's jut me being scatterbrained and forgeting. I'll try to improve on that in the future! lol.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• dancinirish90 Said:
Fabulous, Rebecca! Did you free hand the tree?

Yes, I cut my pics out and arranged them the way I wanted on brown cs. Then I drew the tree, trying to make it so it would cover some of the picture edges. Surprisingly, I got it right the first try. I hated this layout until I got the leaves on though, so I was really trusting my vision by gluing it all together while still hating it, LOL. Sometimes, that SO does not work out! This was a rare thing!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Love the ribbon Lisa-it looks really fun, good idea!

Had a great time out today spending money, I ended up with a new distress ink and two new color box cat eyes, on top of several other things-probably spent too much but I'm not too worried about it!

Rebecca I know what you mean about not loving something until the finished product, I have one on the table right now that I'm shooting to finish this afternoon that's at the 'I'm not a fan stage'. Hoping to post later today! Off to my room-happy scrapping ladies!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

Wendy and I made the poll in the border punch challenge!

Border Punch Challenge

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Congrats girls! Every single one I voted for made the poll!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to DreaSlee

Mine didn't because I voted for you, Andrea -- I love your LO for that challenge. I hope you make the color poll!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Congrats girls! I highly suspect that our group members often make polls.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

Thanks Lisa!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to DreaSlee

Congrats ladies! It was a hard decision to make!

I was able to get my LO done-well mostly done I think...I feel like it is missing something-or a few things-and am def in need of some opinions!

Hilary and Tyson's wedding By MrsAnnieS

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Congrats, ladies! I haven't ever made a poll yet but maybe someday! Good luck to you!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Good morning, Happy NSBD! Gotta drop this off, the May project kit from Scrapbook Kit Club..

Garden stakes By Byondbzr
Garden stakes By Byondbzr

I have to get out the door here in a few minutes to go to the store and drop my dd off at grandma's house. Will BBL!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Good morning and Happy NSBD!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Hppy National Scrapbook Day, ladies! I am so excited! It's like Christmas morning for me!

Rebecca - those garden stakes are just so adorable! I wish I had a garden to put some in! lol!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

Last night, I had a little scrapping fest with my friend I met on this site, complete with adult beverages. We worked on cards last night, which I have never done before (except for some pathetic attempt once that I promptly threw away)!

Got a super busy day playing mom-the-chaffeur today so will have to catch up either this evening or some time tomorrow.

If you want, come vote in the Scraplifting 101 poll - Lisa made it with her Safety Dance Layout.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15337...

And I am going to go set up the May challenge now...talk to y'all later!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Congrats ladies! It was a hard decision to make!

I was able to get my LO done-well mostly done I think...I feel like it is missing something-or a few things-and am def in need of some opinions!

Hilary and Tyson's wedding By MrsAnnieS

Left you some suggestions! I love that tree!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

I am working on the all-day challenge for NSBD, anyone else doing it? The theme is "why you scrap". I am, of course, going a bit artsy for this one. I believe there are THREE $400 prizes for that one, so , yeah, it's worth doing it!

Edited by byondbzr on 05-01-10 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca - I'm working on it now, too!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Can't wait to see it Celina! Here's mine:

I create By Byondbzr

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

I'm working on the all day challenge now as well....all I can say is I'm glad it is an all day thing! I've already been to the LSS once to get something for it-hopefully the only time I'll be there!

Thanks for the suggestions on the LO ladies, I've got some ideas on where I'd like to go with it...hopefully I can get it there this today between challenges!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

just stopping in -- I'm working on my all day challenge too

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Got my all day challenge finished up...had such a fun time with it-I broke out my distress ink and it made the pattern on the paper started to pop even more-loved the effect!

Because I love By MrsAnnieS

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

JCI. Happy NSD!!!!I finished my page yesterday but still haven't uploaded it. I'll get to it later tonight. I have to get a haircut for my son and myself, then see what Michael's has.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to DreaSlee

I took a little "treat myself" excursion to Michael's and just got back. I got a large rolling cart (now that I've gone to a whole two crops) and saved $52 using my coupon! Yay me!!!! Of course, I pretty much used that $52 on other stuff...

I finally got my May Scraplifting 101 Challenge up. I would love to have y'all play if you are interested.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Krissy! Yay! Shopping for bargains is always so much fun! I'll go join your challenge!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Celina, I have all kinds of pics I can use for your Darker side challenge theme this month. I am a wee bit leary of posting them here, as I have actual pics from magick alters and spells I have cast. (I am outing myself here girls. I walk a nature path, and am Pagan.)

I think, I just might bother those who would be intolerant of that sort of thing. I pushed myself to post the one of me in the cemetery hugging the grave for your last challenge, and got some comments that rubbed me a bit wrong. No one was outwardly rude, but I could tell many thought me "nutso". This would be more hard core, of a religion/lifestyle that many just aren't willing to/don't want to accept. That said, I think I will scrap one of those pics and see if I am brave enough to put that part of me out there for public scrutiny. I know I shouldn't worry what others think, and yes, my true friends here they know and will accept me, but it is so scary to do!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca - Only post those layouts you are comfortable with. I understand and accept your religious path as I have been there as well. Scrap whatever you feel like, I will not judge you. You can always scrap something less magick and more magic, like a witch for Halloween or any moment you feel was magical; a honeymoon, first kiss, you get the picture! lol! So don't worry about it and just have fun!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca-I loved your LO for the Darker Side challenge-and hope you will at least share your next LO with us-I would love to see what else you come up with on the darker side!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

I'm amazed that anyone would even say anything to you, Rebecca. But I guess I'm naive that way. I certainly would love to see your photos! I'm totally laid back about religion, and I definitely lean left to point of tipping over. Not a conservative bone in my body.

Here's what I did today for the all day challenge:

Part of my Scrapbooking Family By Dancinirish90

I felt the need to try a tree myself! -- I wanna make another!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Congrats Celina on winning the 5-6 challenge!

I hope everyone had a great time today-I know I sure did!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Annie - I loved your layout. The red gives so much impact and I really liked all the circles. thank you for the congrats! I did have a lot of fun today! I enjoyed doing the challenges adn scrapping all day! I am definitely doing this again next year!

Lisa - Thank you so much for including me in your layout today! I really love that tree with all the photos! Such an awesome idea!

Rebecca - Your layout was so creative! I loved the buttons on one side and the flowers on the other! Really love the paint! I am really going to have to try using paint in my layouts!

Ladies, if I haven't shown you love for your layouts today, I am sorry but I am beat. I will be going through the gallery in the next couple of days (It'll probably take me that long at least to get through all my friends' new layouts, lol)

Good night, everyone! Have a great rest of NSD!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Amazing tree Lisa! So honored that you included me on there!I got that MS punch set that I know you have. I've seen it on one your pages and have wanted it ever since. It's the double loop. Found alot of ribbon too. I'm going to go play with my new stuff now.Good night girls!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to DreaSlee

Love hearing about all the fun new things that people have picked up today! Way to bargain shop today ladies!

Hate to put an end to the day-have started planning out my darker side LO and it is harder than I expected! So I think it is time to tidy up a bit and head to bed-have a great night!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Good morning! The dust has settled on NSBD, it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled programs, which for me is still scrapping today, LOL. I've got my Darker Side LO just about finished, and it isn't very "dark" as pertains to color, but it does touch on your Magic/magick theme. I decided to scrap a pic of me from Samhain several years ago, before kids, where we could go camping and set up huge altars and practice outdoors. I miss those days! Now all I do is light candles indoors, I have some going today for Beltane.

Congrats on a NSBD hourly win Celina!!

Lisa- I LOVE your LO, thank you so much for including me, I'm speechless!!!!!!!

Andrea- Can't wait to see what you've come up with!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Good morning!

How could I not include you girls? You are who I'm currently talking to the most and sharing with and taking inspiration from

I don't know if scrapping is in the cards for me today, although I REALLY want to. This stupid garage sale is now a mere 6 days away, and I have barely scratched the surface of our clutter!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Make yourself a deal Lisa, devote 2 hours to sorting for the garage sale, then scrap a little bit!

Here is my Darker Side LO, it isn't really dark, but then again, my magick isn't either!

Samhain By Byondbzr

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

Beautiful page Rebecca! Is Pagan similar to Wiccan? I've dabbled in wiccan before I had my son. I still hold many beleifs just don't practice it anymore.I'm very open about that kind of stuff. Really about anything. I'm probably the least judgemental person.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to DreaSlee

Here's my LO.
Summer By Zuk
Here's the link to my etsy.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/zuksnook

planty
planty 
Diva
planty

Hello ladies. I had a very productave NSBD got 5 pages one which is a total record for me

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to planty

• planty Said:
Hello ladies. I had a very productave NSBD got 5 pages one which is a total record for me

That's great! I only got to complete three but then I had so many people at my house that it was a bit distracting.

Rebecca - the layout looks great. You didn't go dark in the colors but I think it does just nicely. The challenge is for you to go as dark as you want to. I loved the nature feel of it and you used an awesome photo for it

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Good evening ladies...sadly no scrapping in for me yet today, spent the day with the family, celebrating Mother's day, but I'm home now and scrapping until DH gets home! Am loving the LOs I'm seeing!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hey, Annie! Sadly no scrapping for me either today. Havenb't been home most of the day and came home to a load of homework! Blah!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Good evening, ladies. I remembered to add this layout here for your review! This is one of the layouts I've created for a little project I set myself: to creat 12 Layouts of Alice using the same techniques Tim Holtz used on his 12 Tags of Christmas last year. All of the layouts can be found here or on my blog: scrapvamp.blogspot.com. TFL!

Tweedles - 12 Layouts of Alice #6 By Forevervampress

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Good morning, off to work then sadly home to clean for company...no scrapping in sight until Wednesday...maybe tonight if I'm lucky.

Everyone have themselves a fantastic day!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Popping in to say good morning! Will BBL to catch up as I have to get the kids up and ready to go.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Good morning, ladies! I worked on junk all day yesterday, so today I'm going to scrap a bit before I get back to it. I haven't had a chance to look at your new work here yet, but I'll be doing that a little later. Have a great morning!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

OK, still gotta leave love, but have to go hit up my scrap table for DT stuff. I am a bit peeved at my kit club though....

My kit club DT owner asked for quite a bit of work from us(her DT) over this past week. For a First Anniversary blog hop and online crop from May 1-6. We had to do a LO based off a sketch and a separate mini class/tutorial project, as well as come up with a challenge WITH a finished example and a game to play at the crop. I focused on all that, putting me behind on one of my other DT's work, and it has a looming deadline. So why am I angry? She sent us an email saying she is CLOSING, May is her last month. WTH did you have us do all that for then? Grrrrrrrrrrrr.... My time is valuable, I don't appreciate it wasted, and she said she had been wrestling with this decision before having us do all that. Makes me, well, ticked! not that she is closing, good for her to take more time with her family. Boooo to her for making us jump through hoops creating THREE extra projects in a week's time.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to byondbzr

aww man that sucks rebecca Im sorry.

Ok so this page has me bothered.... I do not like it. It needs something..I'm thinking some sort of flower something like that..speaking of flowers I really need to go on a buying spree.. I don't use flowers a whole lot in my pages but dang it I really think I should start.
you will wear the hat By Planty

so let me know what you think.. I have a feeling it's going to be a while for this page to be 'done'.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to planty

Crystal, i am running out the door in a few minutes to pick up dd, i'll take a look at your page when i get back!

A drop off too...

Summer fun By Byondbzr

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Crystal - I think that page needs a punch of red to bring out the photo more. Maybe some red flowers for one of the corners or something to that effect. Hope this helps!

Rebecca - That really sux! Your boss really should have thought about putting you all through that before asking you to complete extra projects then turning around and deciding to close!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Wow Rebecca that's just mean! Especially since she knew before that closing was possible-but I have faith you'll pull through with some fantastic projects!

Crystal-Celina has a good point-adding some red flowers-even if only one red in a cluster would really make the photo and the pp pop!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to MrsAnnieS

Morning girls! I totally agree with the red flowers. Rebecca I would be mad too. That sucks! I'm working on some new flowers for my shop so I probably won't be scrapping today.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to DreaSlee

Your flowers are SO pretty Andrea!!!

Crystal, I chimed in with my .02 on your LO! I think, it really could use something to break up the yellows from the kraft background.

I'm glad you guys get what I'm mad about with the kit club thing. I just don't get why she is celebrating a one year anniversary, and then closing. If I were her, I wouldn't be celebrating one year, LOL....

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

Thanks Rebecca! Honestly do you think they're too much? I haven't had any sales but haven't had much in views either. 2 styles that I made are all from white CS so it's ALOT of inking and pretty time consuming. If the price is too high though maybe I can just make them from colored CS and don't do any inking.What do you think?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to DreaSlee

I really don't think they are too much at all. Bear in mind, I have never made anything to sell, though people always suggest I do so. I think they are comparable to Prima in appearance and in price. I think you just REALLY need to get the word out on them. As I think I said before, put some on a page or two, and add your blog link into the description area. THEN, join challenges with those pages to get the word out to more people. Are you on any other crafty sites?? Link up on those sites as well. Do you have a blog? Make posts like: "New flowers for my Etsy Shop to share!".. KWIM?????

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

I don't have a blog but Deb over at If it's groovy wants to feature my etsy stuff on her blog since I'm on her DT.I have to do a write up about it. I was going to do it for this month but I want to fill up my store a little more first. I told her I would do it next month.Thanks for the input!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to DreaSlee

Andrea - Rebeccas makes a good point on how to get the word out on your flowers. They are beautiful so I think once more people find out about them you'll have no problem.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to DreaSlee

Andrea-your flowers are just beautiful and the price isn't bad at all-I love making flowers and know how much work can go into one-and based off of that I would say your prices are good!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Lisa - Congratulations on winning the Scrap Your {Pet} Challenge for April!! (I voted for you, so you know I was routing for you to win!)

Ladies, here is my number 7 layout for my 12 layouts of Alice! Hope you like it!

Curioser & Curiouser - 12 Layouts of Alice #7 By Forevervampress

planty
planty 
Diva
planty

aww man Im so blah now.. I went and 'worked' on a page at my friends house. She has a cricut which I swore I would NEVER want. Everything I've seen I wasnt super fond of. The little people and cute stuff.. BUT I saw a set of flourishes and some cute frames she had cut out.

SHOOT! SHOO!T I say! now I want one.. she also had this cart that had a hand grenade OMG so dang cute!... sigh I will never be able to afford one...LOL at least I can go hi-jack hers.

I never did make a page lol

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to planty

Crystal - I have that cart with the hand grenade! It rocks! It has so many designs I love! If you can't afford the cricut expression look into the cricut personal. It's smaller and less expensive. I took a long time deciding whether to buy a die cutting machine and which one. I finally decided on the cricut expression and was really stoked about it then a few months later my sister-in-law gets a black one and my best friend gets a red one! I am still really jealous about that! Happened to me with the cuttlebug, too. I finally decide to buy one and wasn't too happy with the green. Lo and behold they come out with a pink one and an aqua one! That is just my luck and as you can tell by my ranting, I am still a little peeved about it!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

What? They have different colors now? I didn't know that.I bought the little one because I figured I would mostly use it for titles and small stuff anyway, but now I want the expression.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hi girls! I'm still behind with EVERYTHING, but I promise I will get a closer looksee at everyone's pages tonight or tomorrow -- and your Etsy store too Andrea. I cheated on my garage sale stuff today and scrapped a page, but now I have to get back to work -- I cannot wait until this is over Saturday night! I better get to do whatever I want on Mother's Day!!

I'd be ticked about the DT thing too, Rebecca, for sure. Sheesh, people can be so self-absorbed.

Thanks for the congrats, Celina -- April was my best month to date here. I made 6 polls so far and won 3! Unbelievable!

I know there was more I wanted to comment on, but I already forgot.

Nobody can like a Pelican By Dancinirish90

I also added 7 cards to my gallery that I made from a kit if anyone wants to see -- they are with the same pp's as that Thank You card I posted. No commenting necessary!

Okay - krap - my husband is home -- I have to go look busy. Bye!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Peeking in girlies!

Crystal- I am with ya on the Cricut, I NEVER wanted one until my mom got one recently. She has been cutting flourishes out for me, if I supply her with cardstock, LOL!

Lisa- Hang in there, it will be over before you know it!

I keep telling myself that about everything I need to do over the next two days. Let's see, I have to make two separate DT blog posts, and one of them I haven't done a project for yet so I have to get moving on it, LOL. I have two articles to write as well. Oh, and bills need gone through and paid. And of course all the regular stuff like going to and from preschool, and keeping the kids alive by feeding them...LOL! Yep, IF I survive these next two days with everything finished, I deserve a big ole' drink. And chocolate. And a shopping spree.

Edited by byondbzr on 05-03-10 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to byondbzr

Hey ladies!

Rebecca has graciously invited me over here I hope to make some great friends here! I have gone through and seem to know a bunch of you wonderful ladies already!!

CONGRATS LISA on winning on the Scrap your Pet! I was rooting for you as well

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to scrapinbabygal

Lisa- that pelican layout title is so funny! I haven't been over to comment on it yet but I will.

Sabrina - Welcome, nice to have you join us here!

Going to work on some mother's day cards and then hitting the hay! See you all in the morning!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Good morning ladies-and welcome Sabrina!

Congrats Lisa-was hoping you would win! Loved your LO for it!

I feel like the next 12 hrs or so are going to be a bust-have a migraine coming on that is going to make a lot of things impossible. So now to decide do I try work or just throw in the towel and go back to bed....stupid limited sick time!

On the up side got a LO done last night for the AGC daily and if I run out of time an entry for the scrap your pet!

Now That We're Friends By MrsAnnieS

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Good morning, good morning!!! So, I have tons to get done today, but I hope to pop in every now and then.

Lisa congrats on all the polls and wins!

YAY welcome Sabrina! Come in and get comfy! When you get a chance, can you fill this out so I can add ya to the member list?

Getting To Know You Questionaire

1. What's your name?
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc..
3. How long have you been scrapping?
4. What is your favorite product?
5. Your favorite manufacturer?
6. A quick description of your style?
7. Anything else you want to share?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

I feel like I am forgetting to comment on something, but don't know what . Perhaps it's just my brain panicking over today's tasks, lOL

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Good morning, ladies! I hope to get some scrapping in today! I got all of my homework done for the next couple of days so I should have some spare time!

Annie - I hope you feel better!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
Celina, I have all kinds of pics I can use for your Darker side challenge theme this month. I am a wee bit leary of posting them here, as I have actual pics from magick alters and spells I have cast. (I am outing myself here girls. I walk a nature path, and am Pagan.)

I think, I just might bother those who would be intolerant of that sort of thing. I pushed myself to post the one of me in the cemetery hugging the grave for your last challenge, and got some comments that rubbed me a bit wrong. No one was outwardly rude, but I could tell many thought me "nutso". This would be more hard core, of a religion/lifestyle that many just aren't willing to/don't want to accept. That said, I think I will scrap one of those pics and see if I am brave enough to put that part of me out there for public scrutiny. I know I shouldn't worry what others think, and yes, my true friends here they know and will accept me, but it is so scary to do!

Rebecca - I can only answer for myself, but I think you are a fantastic artist and seem to be a pretty wonderful person, too! I would never, ever look down on anyone for their religious/spiritual beliefs, whether traditional or not, unless it somehow involved hurting other people. And I think that is usually the result of a person twisting said beliefs to their own wrong purpose and not something condoned or decreed by the religion itself.

I am Baptist, but I hope you won't think I'm some uptight, narrow-minded, bigoted person who refuses to accept others based on different beliefs. And I think your beliefs are just as credible and valide as mine.

So, here I am rambling on - probably because my coffee hasn't fully hit my bloodstream yet. But what I'm saying is be who you are and be proud. Don't let anyone make you feel less based on what YOU know to be true in your heart.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Good morning!!

Hi, Sabrina!

Annie - I feel your pain. I get migraines too. I hope you feel better soon.

Rebecca - good luck with all your stuff today. I'm diving right back into sorting clothes because if I even go near my scrap table, I'll get sucked in, and the whole day will disappear. It helps that I don't know what I'm going to work on next yet so I don't have a LO bouncing around in my brain trying to get out.

I found Cassie's first ballet shoes last night -- they are so flipping tiny!! I decided to just keep all the 'firsts' - so I've got the teeny ballet shoes and tap shoes boxed up. I started to throw away the next size up ballet shoes, and then realized I should see if I can get them on a LO. So -- I'm putting them with my scrap stuff. I think I'll save them and see what I can do with them with pics of her getting her first pointe shoes this fall (or whenever that happens).

Have fun scrapping today, Celina!

I'll bbl.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

And I'm sorry I am just catching up after a long weekend. So I will probably be answering topics that you moved on from days ago!!! Forgive me...

My oldest daughter's birthday was on Friday and we did things all weekend. Then I decided it was FINALLY time to update the breakfast area in my house and get an extra chair that I NEEDED for my living room, so I dragged the youngest kiddo all over town to find just the right pieces that fit within my budget. I ended up having to order the chairs I want to replace around my breakfast table online, but I got a beautiful buffet and occasional chair for the living room at final markdown prices at my favorite furniture store. Of course, I waited to go there last because it's kind of out of the way, and could have saved a whole day and a half of scouring different stores if I had only gone there first! Totally boring stuff to you ladies, I'm sure, but that's my excuse nonetheless.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Lisa, I left love in your gallery, but have to tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (add about 10 more loves) your tree layout!

Page 2 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics