Page 4 of 69 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Back from taking my mom out for a MD lunch. We went to Bob Evans, and though they were packed, we were seated within five minutes. Our waitress got to us quickly, we ordered, and got our food FAST. Even faster than their usual service there. It is the only sit-down place to eat on the side of town we're on, so I am certain they were well prepared with extra staff. We were in and out in 50 minutes for a group of four! Then we did some quick grocery shopping and came home.

I got a pretty hanging basket of petunias and some cupcakes for MD. Jim also gave me some cash to shop with and use on whatever I want. Good haul! Jim is planting our tomatoes today, even though I told him we have a frost warning for tonight. Men. I have started my pumpkins in the house, so they should be ready to go out the first week of June. We already have CORN coming up, because Jim planted them and onions last week! They are 2" tall now.

My mom got a Cricut about two months ago, and she gave me the booklets for her cartridges. I looked through Calligraphy, Heritage, and Storybook and picked out shapes I wanted. I made a list, and gave that and some cs to my mom and she's going to cut a bunch of stuff out for me. YAY!!!

Now, I really should work on DT stuff, my deadline is next weekend, still have quite a bit to complete...

Rhayne
Rhayne 
Diva
Rhayne
In response to byondbzr

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

So far, my Mother's Day weekend has been miserable! We've decided to try a do-over next weekend. Friday night I was on my way to pick my daughter up on the other side of the state (we live in MA so it's not like midwest far). 99 miles from home my car died. We had to pay to have it towed back home and I don't get to see my daughter this weekend. She's still with her father

And to add insult to injury, my hubby got called into work Friday night. I can't sleep without him home and he didn't get home til 4 a.m. I really need to work on sleeping alone

But I did have a couple friends over for some scrapping time yesterday and even though we're postponing Mother's Day my son made me breakfast today He's so sweet... sometimes!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Rhayne

Happy mother's day!Kelli I'm sorry your mother's day has been horrible!Hope everyone else is having a good one! I gave myself a pedicure and have just been kicking back. We had an awesome dinner last night like yours Rebecca where we were served really fast and the food was perfect. I'm hoping to scrap later tonight.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to DreaSlee

Hi ladies!!

Rebecca- All your home grown produce sounds wonderful! I wish I had time for that And it sounds like you had an awesome Mothers day!

Kelli- so sorry to hear about your yucky weekend! I hope it gets better

Andrea- Yeah for a comfy scrappy chair!

I am having a wonderful Mothers' Day. Dh has been letting me scrap like a maniac yesterday and today. SO, I have gotten FOUR LOs done! Yippee!!

Here is the one we were talking about Rebecca! I had SO MUCH FUN making the masks and painting

Spring in full Bloom By Scrapinbabygal

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca- I know what you mean about Mother's day making no difference because me an hubby did yard work today. lol. I planted some more roses, too!

Crystal - That plaque is so cute! I love it and might try making my own for when I get my scraproom!

Sabrina - you did a great job lifting Rebecca's First Bloom lo! I really loved the masking!

Drea - I am soooo jealous of your chair! Right now I have steal one of my dining room chairs and drag it to the garage where I have all my scrap stuff right now. I'm gonna have to put a nice comfy chair on my list of furniture to buy when I start on my scraproom!

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's day!

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to forevervampress

Hi ladies, I've been man down with this awful flu!!! It completely wiped me out and now that I'm just on the road to recovery, my 1 year old's got it so I was up all of last night with him........a mothers job is never done!!!

I did however have a wonderful mothers day. My hubby and the kids planned a lovely brunch picnic at the botanical gardens. It was so nice to be the center of attention for once on mothers day. For the 6 years my hubby and I have been together we've always spent mothers day with his brothers and parents as it's his moms bday on the 12th May so the DIL's always get left on the side skirts but this year all our hubbies made us the centre of attention and I know it's selfish but it really felt good to feel appreciated. I also got a really stunning necklace. GREAT DAY all round!!

Rebecca - I just LOVE those cards you made!!!!

Kelli - I think you may have misunderstood, I'm not frustrated because I didn't win any challenges (When I do, I usually tell the host not to send a RAK anyway because it costs a lot to mail to SA). I'm frustrated about the challenge I HOST because as the host I want the most deserving LO to win, which is what I'll make very clear this month!
Sorry, I just needed to set the record straight. I'd hate to be thought of as some kind of spoilt brat throwing a tantrum because I didn't win...LOL!!!

As for this darn LO that I just don't seem to be able to finish....... I've set the pic with my brick wall which all looks great so far but I just don't know how to finish it off...... I'm going to browse through the gallery later for some inspiration and hopefully finish it off tonight......WHY ARE BOYS LO'S SOOOOO HARD FOR ME!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to WendyG-SA

Good morning Ladies! I hope everyone was able to enjoy Mother's day weekend as much as possible!
Kelli, I hope your do-over is extra special for you! But the breakfast sounds like it was nice!
Drea-even more jealous of your chair! Much like Celina I am making due with a stand-in. In my case a metal folding chair with a chair cushion I borrowed from the kitchen. May you get several years of use out of your new one! What kind did you get?

Rebecca, your garden sounds wonderful-I am looking forward to fresh veggies at the farmers market-hopefully the frost won't be too bad!

Crystal-I love the plaque, I hope your mom liked it!

Kelli I can relate about boy LOs-but my guess is you will find something fun in the gallery!

Sabrina your LO turned out so great! I love how the photo looks!

Lisa, how did the garage sale go yesterday?

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Kelli - I'm sorry your Mother's day wasn't all that great but happy that you got some scrapping in. That always makes me happy.

My gift for Mother's day was a very large gift card from my husband to Michael's (which is awesome since there are no LSS around here). Can't wait to go shopping!

Good morning, ladies! Wishing you a lovely day!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Good morning girls! Celina have fun shopping! I tested my chair out last night and it's SO nice. I was doing some cut work and my back was getting sore, (I've had neck and back problems since I was 20)so I used it and it worked great. I told hubby it still dosen't replace his hand though when I need a massage.I was using a hard plastic outdoor chair before.Since we live in an apartment my scrap table is in the living room. I kinda like that way though. I like being right in the center of everything, so I can cook,scrap and watch TV all at once. I have alot of cleaning today since I neglected all that the whole weekend.Probably won't get to my table til tonight.BBL!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to DreaSlee

Hey ladies glad to hear most of you had a great moms day.

Kelli hope your do over is better.

my nieces b-day was great. had dinner with in laws and spent mothers day with my parents. my husband surprised me. he had bought me a tattered angels misting mat last week for a crop i was going to. he told me it was my early mothers day gift. then he gave me $150.00 gift certificate to the local scrapbook store.

Drea congrats on the chair. I used a kitchen chair for years and when we moved a few months ago my husband bought me a really nice chair. It makes a world of difference what a great gift.

Rhayne
Rhayne 
Diva
Rhayne
In response to andrea m

Happy Monday ladies!

That massage chair sounds amazing. I might have to look into one after I found some regular chairs for my new scrap space :o) I'm still sitting on stacked totes or a chair from my daughter's room, which makes me feel very, very short!

Wendy -- I absolutely never thought you were being "bratty". I thought you were viewing unfairness and felt helpless to do anything about it. Anyway, sorry if you felt I was judging you negatively...if anything I was totally a whiny brat and stopped sharing my layouts because of it I had to get over it and accept that as in life, scrapbooking isn't fair!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Rhayne

Hey gals, looks like I almost went without posting today, sorry! I am just going to be super busy this week, and I am also going through this "exhaustion" phase. I am SO tired, and don't want to do anything! I'll do my best to check in here and keep caught up over the next few days though. Now, back to work I go, booooooo....

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Rhayne

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Ladies!!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I spent all my computer time working on catching up on comments. I've never let myself get this far behind before, and I can only do so much typing at a time before my wrists start to ache. I still have a long way to go.

The garage sale was a mixed success -- only $350 but lots of bulky items gone. Now we're trying to decide if we should store what's left since it's already packaged and priced and do it again next year, or say forget it, and take the rest to good will. Now, I still have a lot of work to do around here to finish packing up the things I'm keeping to go into the crawl space.

Kelli - sorry to hear about your car and the ruined weekend. Hope this one is better!

Sounds like the rest of you had lovely M's Days. Mine was okay. Cassie had Bob take her to Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks to get my breakfast, and she gave me a piece of the Swarovski crystal I collect. They also gave me the whole day to scrap, but I didn't get ANYTHING done. I'm really struggling with the one LO I was able to start. So I left it, and am going to take another look at it tonight.

I was just feeling really blue all day yesterday. I need to get back in to the doctor to have my thyroid checked again. There was evidence of it being out of whack at my last blood test, but he didn't want to prescribe meds until he rechecked it after a few months. I'm hoping that will explain my moods and my mysterious weight gain -- which of course, makes me even more depressed. Blech.

Crystal - How cool that your mom is a breeder -- I have a Yorkie myself. She's quite a character.

I think there was more I wanted to say, but I'll stop babbling for now

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to dancinirish90

hi ladies!!

I jumped in on pg 7 (30 posts per pg) so I just got ACU from there! I hope thats ok

Lisa
So sorry to hear you are feeling blue. I hope it gets better. I am constantly fighting that battle every day Its very difficult to admit. And hopefully you get a scrappy LO finish

Rhayne
Rhayne 
Diva
Rhayne

So, the bright side of my car breaking was that I couldn't go anywhere all weekend and the only child in the house was my 15-year-old and he's happy to chat with me while I'm doing other things. And that meant loads of scrap-time! I finished 3.5 layouts. I'm really stuck on one. I love the photos and every time I look at them I just gaze at the photos and smile with happy memories. I just haven't done anything to the page and I can't think of what to do. Any thoughts?

Remember When By Rhayne

Edited by Rhayne on 05-10-10 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to Rhayne

I am not thrilled with this LO so any thoughts on how to improve it our welcome
why- nsd challenge By Scrapinbabygal

heres another LO- just cutesy like the boys

Cousins By Scrapinbabygal

and one more of my cute monkey
LUV monkey By Scrapinbabygal

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to scrapinbabygal

Wow it's hard to keep up with you all sometimes! lol. Just checking in real quick. No scrapping done. I've been doing homework all day...so tired. I will check back with you all tomorrow.

Lisa - I hope you feel better. Get to the doctor as soon as possible so you'll know what's going on.

Goodnight, ladies!

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA

Hey there ladies, I'm really pulling my hair out with frustration, I just can't seem to whip up enough mojo to finish off this LO!!! I have no idea what to do!! The bg that I have done looks really great and I'm tempted to leave it as is BUT I know it looks incomplete so I guess I'll just stare at it another few days......LOL!!

Lisa, hope you feel better soon. I've had similar problems since I had my son a year ago. My moods swings are a little crazy and as for my body, I've gone frome being extremely under-weight to very chubby and my body isn't responding to any form of excercise or diet which isn't helping the moods at all!!

Andrea, I am so envious about your chair. My hubby was an absolute darling to have a custom made scrapping cupboard and desk built for me but I'm still using the dining room chair. I could ceratinly use one of your chairs!!

Sabrina - Adorable LO's. Love the one with the misted hearts!!

Kelli - Absolutely no offense was taken to your comment, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming across wrong!!
I'm so jelous that you got to spend the week-end scrapping. I can't remember the last time I had more than 30 minutes alone time to scrap. That's why my LO's take a week to finish....LOL!!

Celina - $150....WOW!!! lucky girl! Have fun shopping!!

Sorry my comments always come in late but I'm 10 hours ahead of you gals.......
Are any of guys football(soccer) fans? SA is getting ready to host the 2010 soccer world cup starting next month and I must say, even though I don't support soccer, the excitement is really contagious!!! If you happen to see any of it televised, think of me. In fact the USA is in our pool so there'll be a SA vs. USA game.

Sleep tight!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to WendyG-SA

Thanks, girls. I really do struggle with feeling sad and overwhelmed sometimes, and it's nice to know I'm not crazy! LOL!

I finally finished the LO I was working on. It's not my favorite for sure, but it's done. On to the next one

1st Checkup By Dancinirish90

I'm still catching up everywhere so your new LO's are all buried in my tabs somewhere -- I'll look at them soon!

Have a good day!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Good morning, still have to cu here. I am in the middle of a fun tutorial involving my cropodile big bite. I realize it's an older tool, but I just got it from my DT so it is BRAND new and fun for me!

Rhayne
Rhayne 
Diva
Rhayne
In response to WendyG-SA

My hubby is a raving Chelsea FC fan and so I've become a fan over the years. You can see a hint of their kit on my son in my avi picture. They just won the Barclay's Premier League for the first time since I started watching and it was a roller-coaster year. Very exciting to watch the games near the end of the season. I'm looking forward to catching some of the World Cup games I love seeing the players that I've come to enjoy watching. I grew up loving hockey (go Wings!) but when I moved to Mass I had no one to watch it with and I just lost interest. I've never gotten into baseball or football, which are the big New England sports. It's nice to watch the games together!

Sabrina -- left comments/suggestions on your layouts

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to byondbzr

Crystal, i'm jealous I wanted a yorkie, but we ended up with a peekapoo..

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
Good morning, still have to cu here. I am in the middle of a fun tutorial involving my cropodile big bite. I realize it's an older tool, but I just got it from my DT so it is BRAND new and fun for me!

I love my big bite. I have the smaller one too. MY DH says im a tool junkie. I love all the fun tools. I just got a dreamkutz and a distrezz-it all- from zutter.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Im hopeing to get to scrap today so i can get some more lo up.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Just checking in real quick. Husband and daughter are at dentist for check-ups, and then hubby is going to visit his sons for the day. So I am trying to play catch-up on here while the house is quiet and I'm not out doing stuff.

Yay, Celina, for winning Pink Paislee stuff!

Hey, Sabrina, glad to see you here! Yes, hubby was in Africa.

Wendy - I hope you are feeling much better by now!!!

Rebecca - absolutely adorable new baby! How did you come up with the name Lester?

Loved reading the comments about people getting friends to vote for them in polls. I have posted links to polls that I have been in, but I have always asked people to vote for the layout they like best, whether or not it's mine. I would hate to think that someone voted for my layout simply because they liked me and not because it had merit. And when my friends post links to polls they are in, I vote for the layout I like the best, no matter whose it is. But I understand and recognize that others do not do this. And that's frustrating.

Loved looking at everyone's layouts and leaving gallery love!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Happy Anniversary, Celina!!!!

My hubby and I stopped by an antique store near us yesterday and they had several pieces of blue carnival glass which I collect. I was going to get one piece and was also loving a depression glass bowl set. He ended up (very sneakily) taking each piece I admired up to the lady at the sales counter as I wandered to a different part of the store, and when I got up front with the one piece I thought I was going to get, they were ALL sitting on the counter being wrapped for me! I got three pieces of carnival glass and the depression glass set! I was so excited!

Drea - a massage chair for scrapbooking sounds heavenly!

Rebecca - can't imagine frost warnings or snow this time of year. We are already swimming in the pool and weather is in the mid-80's to low 90's. Only got about another month before it gets hotter than hay-ul, if you say it with the accent.

Kelli - so sorry your Mother's Day did NOT go as planned. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your do-over will have much better results!

Lisa - I think making $350 off a yard sale is terrific! The one and only time I tried it, it was such a hassle and I made next to nothing - around $50. That was a LONG time ago, though, and I didn't have much of anything to sell other than baby stuff. Since then, I just bag it or box it up and take it straight to the donation box or, if it's a larger item such as furniture, I call either Goodwill or our local women's shelter, to bring a truck by and pick it up.

Wendy - are you talking about the World Cup that is being hosted in Brazil? My second daughter, who played soccer starting at age five all the way up through college, has told me that a dream of hers is to be able to go to the World Cup in Brazil. With grad school starting in August, though, that's not going to happen. She'll be watching it every chance she gets!

And now that I'm caught up, I think I am going to get started on a layout. Have a great day everyone!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to krissyclarkmckee

Hi ladies! How is everyone today? I plan on scrapping after lunch.Rebecca I can't wait to see what your working on with the big bite. I have one and I love it even though it's a little big for my hands.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to DreaSlee

Peeking in from work! I'd love to share my cropodile tutorial and project with you guys but it's for Scrap N' Art, and will be in the July/August issue. And then I am not allowed to post until the issue has been out for SIX months! Ahhh! I am always sitting on projects, waiting to share them, and that is hard for me to do. LOL!

Krissy- Hooray for hubs getting you the glass pieces you wanted! I love going to antique malls and gift stores. I don't collect anything yet though. Except sb supplies, LOL!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to byondbzr

HEY ladies!!

My baby got his first haircut today and then the lady styles it in a mohawk!! Should I load a pic??

Rebecca- I have always wanted to upgrade my baby cropadile but I never have. Do I think I should?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Do you do a ton of punching/setting? Enough so that a table top version, which I find very easy on my hand to operate, would be worthwhile? If so, then go for it! I had to punch quite a bit of holes for my tutorial, the result is cool and my hand didn't hurt or anything, LOL.

Krissy- Forgot to tell you about Lester's name. I grew up on a Dairy farm, we had a TON of barn cats, so there were almost always kittens. When I was very young, I fell in love with a grey tiger and named him Lester for some reason. Every other grey tiger born, I also named Lester, LOL. There where times when we had more than one Lester! So fast forward to two weeks ago, when my neighbor, in a bold attempt to rid herself of extra kittens, brought a teeny grey tiger kitten over and handed it to me. The first word out of my mouth, without even thinking or blinking, was "Lester!" My mind was made up on it, I wanted him. Jim didn't, but that is because our home is so small. But, while at work a few weeks after that(last Thursday night) he took baby Lester into our home, and called me telling me to pick up supplies for him.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

Sabrina - heck yeah let us see a picture of your baby with his big-boy mohawk!

Rebecca - after hearing your story, I don't think your kitten could have been named anything BUT Lester. I'm glad Jim finally came to his senses about the NEEDED addition to the family - LOL!

I scrapped and watched Glee tonight. Hubby brought take-out back with him after visiting his sons so I didn't have to cook. He sat on the sofa and played on his computer, watched Glee with me, and made appropriate appreciative noises when I showed him my layout - all in all, a pretty darned good evening!

Here's my layout. I LOVE this picture of my daughter and my soon-to-be son-in-law and knew I wanted to scrap it the moment I saw it. She's wearing his cap in the pic (no idea why). In just three more days, I will be getting pics of her in her own cap and gown!

One Masterful Embrace By Krissyclarkmckee

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Wow ladies...I just realized I haven't checked in at all today! It has been so hectic around here that I just haven't had a chance to do much but a quick LO for my AGC and I have to admit I'm not liking it that much. I love the pics and I was thinking I should redo them, they are for my niece's scrapbook I'm making for her first birthday and a lot of them aren't anything to really write home about so I was thinking I'd just throw it in and say to heck with it-then I feel bad about just sticking in 'meh' work-but if I'm going to re-do every page I feel so/so about I'd be re-doing basically her entire album. Examples of which can be seen in the beginning of my gallery. (If you look please don't laugh too hard, was a my testing my style phase.)

Hoppy Easter By MrsAnnieS

Ok sadly no time to really catch up more than just to pop in and say I'll pop in again and catch up later! We're dog sitting for some friends who are having a baby (!!) and I'm home alone with the two lap dogs and one big dog who thinks she's a lap dog. Kind of crazy and I've had to give up on the house being clean for the next few days.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hello, ladies! Another long and tiring day. Did some house cleaning and washing but got in some scrapping time with my best friend. I got a couple of layouts done which I'll be uploading soon.

Krissy - that was sure sweet of your husband! Glad yuo've been having a nice time with him since he's been back.

Sabrina - Definitely want to see a pic of your son with his mohawk!

Rebecca - Your Jim sounds very sweet since he let you keep Lester. That kitten is a cutie!

Here is a layout to share, that I uploaded earlier.

Chess Piece - 12 Layouts of Alice #10 By Forevervampress

I will see you all tomorrow! Have a good night!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Just popping in to say good night. I spent the ENTIRE day working on comments, so now I'm just the normal amount behind! LOL!

Sabrina -- I definitely want to see Blake's new do!

Okay - I'm dumb -- what's a cropadile??

Krissy - that sounds like a great day - enjoy those new purchases! Did I tell you all already that Cassie gave me a piece of the Swarovski crystal I collect for Mother's Day? It's a little squirrel -- very pretty Sorry if I already told you -- I have no idea what I've said where in the last few days.

I'm working on my 2 page sketch LO tonight. It's mostly pics so not a lot of room for fun, but it's a LO that needs to be done. I would really like to finish my January 2007 vacation pics before another January rolls around . Only about 20 more pages after this LO is finished.

Have a wonderful night, ladies! See you in the morning!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

I must say my little man is just the cutest but then again I am so biased.

On a serious note my family has been dealing with a HORRIBLE AWFUL NIGHTMARISH rash on his face with DS since February. It is finally looking better after many days and weeks of heartache. Its been difficult to talk about but we have turned the corner to recovery I pray!

My DUDE By Scrapinbabygal

thanks for looking

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA

Hello again ladies. Believe it or not, I STILL HAVEN'T finished that darn LO......I feel like I'm at war with my creative juices and so far the creative juices are down & OUT!!!LOL!

Krissy - No I meant the 2010 soccer world cup being hosted here in South Africa. Brazil are however playing are are tipped as this years favourites. The only game I'll be going to is Germany vs. Australia. Wierd to watch a game I don't really mind who wins.
The sport most supported here in SA is rugby. My hubby's a sport journalist specialising in rugby so our whole lives revolve around the game.....AHHHH!! Can be a little frustrating at times.
BTW, great LO Krissy, love the butterflies!

Lisa - You're not the only one who doesn't know what a cropadile is....I'm also scratching my head in confusion...LOL!! please enlighten us some-one...

Rebecca - love your story about Lesters name. I have the same issue with the name "Patches". Our black cat has had 3 litters and there's always a Patches in there somewhere...LOL!

Have a great evening ladies

Wendy

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to WendyG-SA

HEY LADIES!!

Basically a Crop a Dile will help you set eyelets and snaps in a SUPER EASY fashion in a VAST variety of materials. Thats the jest of it! You just use the settings on it to set your eyelet without a hammer and punch the hole before setting.

Rebecca will probably know more but that is what I use it for.
Products Referenced in This Post:

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
Getting To Know You Questionaire

1. What's your name?
Becky aka AuntJo
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc.. Married for almost 25 years, have 3 grown sons, 6 grandchildren, and a furbaby dog named Jedda
3. How long have you been scrapping? Since around 1996 or 97....my dh suggestions...do you think he regrets it?
4. What is your favorite product?
wow...don't have just one...besides paper!!!! LOL!
5. Your favorite manufacturer?
hmmm...another tough one. Basic Grey, DCWV, K & Co., of course Tim Holtz stuff.
6. A quick description of your style?
I really don't know what my style is. I love vintage and the shabby chic style which I am trying to learn and get my pages to that point. So that is why I joined here!!!!
7. Anything else you want to share? Looking forward to what all this group will teach me and show me! A new adventure!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Thanks, Sabrina! I just use a Fiskars eyelet setter. However, I recently bought some MM eyelets that won't set. The backs just won't break and spread out -- I don't know if it's the eyelets or the setter that's the problem. My setter has worked on every other brand of eyelets I've used, so I'm a little annoyed.

I don't know what I'm still doing up at 2 am, but this is really it -- I'm going to bed!

You guys reminded me of my grandma's pets with your name stories -- her whole life, every male dog she ever had was 'Snooky' and every female was 'Lady.'

Okay - really, good night!

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo

Since I just joined I have a silly question:

Where do I find the challenges and how far behind am I?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to AuntJo

Good morning all!
Welcome Becky-this is one fabulous group of ladies here who are full of great advice and happy to look at anything you want to share! So don't be shy uploading anything you want to show us.

No challenges here, just a bunch of friends getting together in a more intimate setting to chat!

Sabrina-your DS is just adorable! That mohawk just made my day! Very sad to hear about the rash though, I hope it clears up completely soon.

Rebecca-what a sweet story about Lester-and so sweet of Jim to let you adopt him! Love the name Lester btw.

I don't use a lot of eyelets (mainly because they always seem to go crazy on me) to really require a cropadile, I've always wondered if it is a lot easier with it-I have a feeling it is more to do with the user than the eyelets. Is it worth having one around to set those eyelets?

Ok am off to the salt mines for another long day-have a great day everyone.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

Morning ladies, lots of chatter last night I need to catch up on! Will do so when I get back from taking Ry to school

WELCOME Becky! Like Annie said, we don't have challenges, though if there were interest in that we could probably do so. I just don't want anyone to think "Oh NO, I am behind on the challenges for DDD, guess I have to leave the group, etc." KWIM?

Oh and real quick before I have to round these beasties up, LOL, I love the cropodile for the reach. You can get in the middle of a 12x12 sheet. If you work with texture or heavy things like metal and chipboard, it punches through them easlily. My project was using metal and it didn't hurt my hand to punch everything in it..

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to byondbzr

That Cropadile sounds cool but I've never seen them in any of LSS here in SA so I'd have to order one online which would probably cost a fortune to mail. How big/heavy is it? Anyone know?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to WendyG-SA

Here's a thread about the small one vs. the big bite:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15345...

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to WendyG-SA

Becky - Welcome! Great of you to join us!

Sabrina - your son's haircut is the cutest! Hope his rash clears up very soon.

I've wanted a cropadile for a little while to punch holes through metal. I use a eyelet setter by Making Memories at the moment.

Rebecca (and ladies)- our very own challenges sounds interesting...

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Hello ladies. good morning.

I got one and a half LO done yesterday. I hope to get more done today.

welcome Becky

I love my big bite. I have the small handheld crop a dile too. I wouldnt waste your time with the small one. It doesnt reach very far. the big bite has great reach. Its one of those tools you might not use everyday but when you do you dont know what you would do without it. All the craft stores sell them even wal-mart has them.

Sabrina your son is adorable.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Lisa - you told me you collect Swarovski crystal but not that Cassie gave you a little squirrel! Have you ever done a layout featuring your crystal collection? I'm thinking about doing one of my carnival glass pieces.

I laughed (in an I feel your pain kind of way) reading about your 20 more pages you need to do for your January 2007 vacation. I still have another 4 or 5 layouts that I really need to do from our vacation to Cozumel last year but got so burned out doing them that I still haven't managed to revisit those pics yet. I HAVE to do them before July rolls around because then I will be going to London and all around Ireland and will have roughly a bejillion pictures to scrap. Depending on the amount of pictures I take, I may actually alternate photo pages with layouts, which I think y'all discussed several months ago in the VLB forum.

You know, I LOVE the people on VLB, but it just got to be waaaay too much with the number of people posting and all the layouts. I felt like I had to sacrifice paying attention to the conversation just to catch up on the layouts - and I really enjoyed the conversation. So, I am glad that you and Rebecca and Sabrina are here along with the other wonderful ladies I have met. AND we get to talk about distressing, which is my very favorite thing!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to andrea m

Good morning girls! Welcome Becky!Finally got my page done last night using some of my flowers. But since I didn't have the right colors I had to make new ones.Now I have to make the new colors for my etsy before I upload here.Lisa your problem could be your eyelets. I have some really old ones, probably the first eyelets I ever bought that don't even work with my big bite.I've given up on them.Even if you don't use eyelets alot I love using the hole punch it comes with. It does a small hole and an even smaller one.Oh and DS only needed 2 days to figure out how to ride his bike without the training wheels. That's ALL he wants to do now. It's really cute.

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Sabrina - you are entitled to be biased since you are his Mommy, but your son is seriously one cute kid!!!

Wendy - South AFRICA (smacking myself on the forehead)! You're right, I think Brazil is hosting the 2011 World Cup. Hubby and I were going to travel to Cape Town after I visited him in Angola, and I remember now we discussed having to plan the date AFTER the first couple of weeks in July due to the World Cup. We ended up having to cancel that plan entirely after security measures were tightened and I was no longer able to visit him in Angola. I still want to travel to Cape Town at some point, though. I hear it is beautiful.

I wouldn't mind having a challenge - maybe a weekly or monthly, but not mandatory just in case we are feeling really behind on everything else.

Welcome, Becky!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Well, if there is interest in challenges, perhaps we will do a monthly one, and it will be only if you have time for it. Sound good??

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Drea-Too cute that DS learned to ride his bike so quickly and wants to so it all the time now!

Sabrina- Your little one is a dollface! Hope his rash is going away! This reminds me of a silly thing I do, probably just because I'm a scrapbooker. It seems everytime I have a great photo shoot with the kids, and I just LOVE the pics I got, I always find something that ticks me off. It's usually that Mason has some sort of scratch or boo boo on his face. And so I think "AHHHHH, how did he do that, the pic is ruined! I wish that wasn't there!". Of course I realize that is part of childhood, but it still gets to me! Perhaps that is the perfectionist in me...

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Hi, girls! Here is a layout I completed for the May Colour Challenge. This is my son learning to roller skate (with training wheels).

Blasting Off! By Forevervampress

An optional monthly challenge sounds good!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hi girls. Welcome, Becky. I've been so lazy today. I tried to work on that 2 page sketch LO I'm doing, and I'm just not in the mood. The thought of going through my alphas to find something for a title just feels like too much of a burden for me today. LOL!

I guess I didn't get the point of a big bite before because I never thought about punching through heavy materials. Since I can't do that with my Fiskars punches/setters, I don't plan my pages with that in mind. Hmm. It's an interesting concept. Another question though, what kind of metal are you using? I also saw no point in an embossing machine until my husband bought me one for my birthday last year - now I don't know how I lived without it. What about those staplers that you have to buy the big fat staples for -- anyone ever used one of those?

Krissy -- I haven't done a LO about my crystal collection yet. It's in the plan though. I've taken photos of some of my pieces for POD so I've got a few nice ones. I usually take photos of each piece for insurance purposes, but those aren't very pretty pics. It's actually quite difficult to get a good photo of one, and I can't figure out how to get a good one of my whole collection because my curio has a mirrored back. You either see me or miscellaneous room clutter in the mirror. Not so nice.

Drea -- thanks -- that's a bummer if it's the eyelets because there's an awful lot of them. I just remembered that I did end up buying a MM setter just in case that's the problem, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't use eyelets very often.

I can't remember what else I was going to comment on -- my posts on this thread always seem to be mini novels. Sorry about that!

Have a good afternoon!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I have one of those big staplers. I thought I just had to have it. I have had it for about 3 yrs and I have used it maybe twice. I perfer brads. I did use them on my one windy day layout in my gallary. I used the staples on my kite string. I can say its not one of my favorite tools and I would not miss it if I didnt have it.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to andrea m

Ah, the Fastenator! I never had an interest in one, but was given one through my DT. I have yet to use it. The bars are just so big, I think they would give a feeling of "heaviness" that I might not want on my page. I will try it out, just not sure what I want to do yet.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

Here's the page with my flowers.
Simply beautiful By Zuk

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to DreaSlee

I noticed in your gallery you used the cricut. It looked like you used it for the butterflies. What cartridge did you use?

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to andrea m

For the butterflies I used Home decor and for the flowers I used storybook.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to DreaSlee

I love story book. it is my favorite cart. I dont have home decor. do you use it alot?

I love the colors you used.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to andrea m

Hey, ladies! Just popping in to share number 11 of my Alice layouts! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk? - 12 Layouts of Alice #11 By Forevervampress

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Storybook is also one of my favorite cartridges. I use home decor alot too. It has alot of cool flourishes, birds, butterflies and flowers. It's one of the cheaper cartridges too.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to DreaSlee

I have home accents. I will have to check that one out.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to andrea m

Thanks ladies for your wonderful comments on my sons picture!

Rebecca- With his rash sometimes it has gotten so bad I had to use Picasa 3 and do the retouch button. But dont tell me secret

I will catch up on the chatter tomorrow hopefully IF and only IF I have a better day.

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA

Hi ladies,

Krissy, Cape Town is really gorgeous and definitely worth a visit. We had our Dec holiday there in 2008 and it was fantastic!!

Celina, both your LO's are fantastic!! Did you create the bg for the "Why is Raven like a writing desk" LO? It's gorgeous and if you did I'd love for you submit it for my DIY challenge as this is exactly kind inspiration I'm looking to share. No pressure though, just really like the LO.

All these tools you guys are talking about are way out of my league. I'm still using the old fashioned hammer and setter on the very rare occassion that I do use eyelets......Sorry, we're still in the dark ages here in Africa...LOL!!

Andrea, love the flowers on you LO!!! Will have to check out your etsy shop.

Have a good one, chat later.

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to WendyG-SA

Almost forgot, I FINALLY finished the LO. Well actually, I STILL feel like its not complete but I"M DONE with it!!!
I've never felt such frustration when working on a LO but I just can't get my mind around this one. Maybe you ladies have some suggestions....

~**EXTREME**~ By WendyG-SA

I'll happily accept critique for this one because I know it hasn't received the finishing touches it deserves.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to WendyG-SA

Good morning ladies,
No chances on getting caught up really again. Our best friends finally had their baby this morning around 1:30 so we've been busy with updates on that. They induced her Tuesday at 2pm so it was a long 36 hrs of waiting and updates. But the beautiful little guy is finally with us. To top it off my DH threw his knee out playing softball yesterday and was up half the night in pain-so of course I was up with him.

I'm thinking any chance of scrapping today is out of the question, when I'm not at work I plan on being asleep on the couch-but I hope to get caught up tomorrow or this evening after a nap! Have a great day ladies!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Lisa, maybe you could take out several pieces of your crystal at a time and take pictures of different groups - for instance, pieces that Cassie gave you, your first collection pieces, your favorites, your smallest ones, etc. Then you could journal about why those pieces are grouped together. Just a thought and may be more than you want to do. Can you take some of the pics with a low backlit setting, kind of like you do with Christmas ornaments that are backlit by the lights around them? I think that would be dramatic and quite pretty.

Rebecca - an optiional monthly challenge sounds perfect!

I don't have the Cropodile or the Fastenator, but I would LOVE to be the person who names these products! Fastenator just cracks me up for some reason...

Sabrina, can you share why you are having a bad day? Is there anything we can do to help?

I found a place that has free vintage clip art if anyone ever has need of it. It is graphicsfairy.blogspot.com.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Wendy - thank you so much for the compliments on my layouts. I'll take a look at the DIY challenge today! Yes, I created the background for the Why is a Raven....layout. Not much to it really, except that you need a craft mat to ink up and mist to the lay the paper on. Must say that I didn't want to get a craft mat (it seemed pointless) but now that I have one, I couldn't ink and distress without it!

Sabrina - I hope your day goes better!

Drea and Andrea - I also have Storybook ang Home Accents, both great cartridges. I use Indie Art a lot, too (very cool punky stuff)!

Annie - get some well needed rest and we'll see you when you are bright and bushy-tailed once more!

Krissy - thanks for the site. I will check it out today. Here's one for you, in case you don't know it all ready: http://www.thevintagemoth.blogspot.com/

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

Krissy-

thank you for concern. i dont wont to be debbie downer will all my negativity I really think I have a hit a wall staying home with my son and should go back to work. But, I dont know what I would do and I dont want a repeat of my last work experience.
I just worry too much about everything and I am tired of being alone in the mommy adventure.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Sabrina - If you don't mind me butting in; I know what you are going through. I was a SAHM for many years while my daughters were little then I started working again. Then I had my son and have been a SAHM ever since. He'll be going to school soon so I am looking forward to getting out of the house and going to work. Don't let it get you down. Try to keep your mind busy with projects or something you like to do, like scrapbooking and before you know it your son will be off at school. (Then you're gonna wish the time hadn't gone by so fast, of course, lol). Me, I scrapbook and go to college online, working on my MBA. Between that and my family I keep busy and try not to think about it. There are days that the sad feeling comes back though but you have to beat it back! Sorry to go on and on. Just talking from some experience. Really hope you feel better.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty

Sabrina I agree with Celina. I'm a stay at home mom and have been for the past 7 years. I have my up days and I have my down days but I really would not want my kids in a daycare all day. It's really hard to get out and be social. I've tried play groups but feel like the 'odd man out' for some reason.

The best thing I have found, that I try to do, for myself is make a routine. My routine is off quite a bit. But it helps me.
That and my internet OMG do I LOVE my internet. Im actually right now crocheting a baby blanket for a online friend I have in Scotland.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to planty

Good morning girls!Crystal you'll have to show us your blanket when you're done. I use to crochet when I was much younger around 12. I made a baby blanket for my sister but then I got into sewing. Sabrina cheer up! We're all here for you if you need to vent.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to love4scrappin85

• love4scrappin85 Said:
Crystal, i'm jealous I wanted a yorkie, but we ended up with a peekapoo..

aww I only have him because my mom raises them. My husband painted the outside of her house, and when she went to give him the cash he asked if he could have a puppy insted. LOL I had been hand feeding him for weeks and fell in love with him.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to DreaSlee

• Zuk Said:
Good morning girls!Crystal you'll have to show us your blanket when you're done. I use to crochet when I was much younger around 12. I made a baby blanket for my sister but then I got into sewing. Sabrina cheer up! We're all here for you if you need to vent.

I taught myself to crochet because eveyone in my family that knew how to has, passed on. I feel every new baby needs a hand made blanket. And I will share it when its done. I take pics of every project I make.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to planty

Cryatal - I crochet but only now the basic row stitch. I've made baby blankets for each of my kids and a few nieces and nephews. Baby blankets are fun because you can finish them rather quickly. I made a queen size blanket once (and it will only ever be once!). Took me 3 months!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty

OH man Celina I don't know If I could do that. I usually make hats, baby blankets and small stuff like that. I have a very short attn. span LOL

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Sabrina, I get that "feeling down" thing too. I can say going to work part time at night did help me a bit. It was good to have ADULT conversation, and my coworker Mark makes me laugh hysterically. It is what I need most days in order to stay sane!

I still get bouts of pretty severe depression, I've had that my whole life. Heck, I was depressed as a FIVE year old. I'm also very emotional. I have never gone to get that looked into (no insurance), but I do often wonder if I have a bit of bipolar nuttiness going on in that head of mine. So,I just take my life one day at time, and never know if I'll be crying or laughing.

Edited by byondbzr on 05-13-10 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to planty

Hi guys.

I used to crochet, but I found it to be too boring. The main thing I used to do was counted cross-stitch, but I haven't done one in a long time.

Krissy -- here are a few examples of the pics I've already taken of my crystal -- no need to comment, ladies - just sharing.

These are with natural light:
Gecko and Blue Dart Frog By Dancinirish90

Galapagos Tortoise By Dancinirish90

2009 Swarovski Member Pieces By Dancinirish90

These are at night with the halogen light in the cabinet:
Pegasus By Dancinirish90

Unicorn By Dancinirish90

Centenary Swan By Dancinirish90

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Great collection Lisa!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to DreaSlee

Crystal - Well the blanket came to be because my hubby, then boyfriend, left for basic training and I was sorely missing him so I started a blanket for both of us. But I can say I will never do that again. It took forever!

Lisa- your collection in beautiful! I love the unicorn!

Rebecca - I went through depression for quite a few years and I feel terrible about never getting help for it because I don't remember much from that time. My daughter's will tell me stories about when they were younger and I just draw a blank. I come to realize that it began as postpartum depression and went untreated. I am so glad that I finally got out of that rut. Funny thing is that it took my son being born to fix it. Maybe it was my hormones finally getting back to normal?

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Celina- I have indie art also. I thought i would never use it and I use it all the time.

Sabrina- sorry to hear your feeling that way. I feel it all the time. Its hard to be by yourself or with kids all the time. I always do better if I get some me time and get out of the house. Thats one of the reasons I started scrapbooking. It allowed me to get together with other ladies and make some new friends. we recently moved and its like starting over. I so no how you feel. Hope today is better.

I have made a few crochet baby blankets. I really just make a huge granny square. I really love to make baby Quilts. I havent made any in awhile. I made some for charity and school auctions. I tought myself when I was pregnant with my DS. Its amazing what you can learn from a book. Scrapbooking has kinda taken over so I dont work on other things as much.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to andrea m

good afternoon ladies.

Celina you arent butting in at all

Thank you so much everyone for your kinds words and shared experiences. I do need to get myself out thats for sure. I just wish I had made some other mom friends but theres still hope. So far today has been better. We got to go to the park with DS mommy group. And then he napped for 45 mins. That part stinks but I cant for the life of me get him to nap. I think the only way is crying it out and I cant do that.

And LISA your collection is absolutely beautiful!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Afternoon ladies!

Sabrina, I'm sorry you're having a low day-if there is anything we can do...

Lisa I love your collection, I adore Swarovski and made it a point to stop at the museum when I was in Europe the first time around, an absolutely amazing place with some of the most beautiful pieces I've seen!

Celina, that's very brave of you to work on a queen size blanket! I tried crocheting once but never quite got my hands around it, so I picked up knitting and ceramics instead.

Crystal, I can't wait to see the blanket you're making, it sounds like you've had a lot of experiance!

Wendy, I had a friend in college from Cape Town, and he always had some amazing photos to show, it seems like it would be a great place to visit!

Rebecca montly challenges sound like it would be great fun! Perhaps we could take turns posting the challenge every month, completely voluntary of course...

I get my scrapping allowance tomorrow so I may have to look into a crop a dile-it sounds like it might come in handy! I do have my eye on a new tim holtz die though, so we'll just have to see what ends up in my cart!

Am feeling much more alive finally, even though for 4 days it has been pouring rain and not gotten above 50. My DH is working late tonight so I plan on hitting the scraproom aftr work and finally starting on my trip to Europe from 2006.

Sorry for the novella-and I'm sure I'm missing things I wanted to comment on...

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Annit - Lol! it wasn't brave of me to take that queen blanket on, it was really being naive! I thought "how hard could it be?" that blanket isn't even the same colors in some spots because I kept forgeting to write down which colors I was using then ended up buying different colors! After that first month though, it felt like I could crochet in my sleep!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Just checking in before bed. I'm actually going to bed at a decent time tonight because I'm heading home to Indiana tomorrow for a hair appointment and to hang with my best friend. I'll probably stop by to see my mom too. I need to get her a hanging basket or something for Mother's Day.

Annie - my dream is to visit Swarovski in Austria someday. That would be so fantastic. I've been collecting for 20 years, and I have about 130 pieces.

Have a good night, ladies!

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo

Hi there! This has been interesting reading the board and just enjoying the chatting!

Haven't figured out everyone's names and faces yet...but it will come about...

Sabrina hang in there! I know it gets hard staying home and that some times you just need time for you! Do you have anyone that would watch your little guy for a couple hours where you could get out of the house alone and claim it as "my time" to do whatever. Even if it's going to your favorite coffee shop and sitting with a cup of coffee?

Celna ~ Your LOs are great! You are so creative. I know what you mean about never again! I made my ds a queen size quilt for his graduation....and in the end I had to send it out to be quilted...he loved it....but cost me way more than if I had bought one...and now his wife that he is separated from has it, doesn't want it, but won't give it to him!!! Uggh! Don't get me started there! LOL!

I was glad to see that this wasn't a big challenge forum!!! I am working on my first paper bag album. I think it going to end up being retro shabby???? If there is such a thing??? Will get pics uploaded when it is finished. I only have this week as I am going to give it as a baby shower gift next weekend.

Wendy ~ I love your LO even though you say it isn't complete!

Can't remember who posted the links for the vintage graphics...but I wrote them down and Thank You!

Well everyone have a terrific Friday...and wonderful weekend! Will try to pop in!

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to AuntJo

Morning ladies.....looks like you ladies had a busy day chatting.

Sabrina - I can completely relate. I only managed to stay home for 8 months with my daughter and then just HAD to go back to work. I obviously don't have those SAHM genes because I thought I was going to go crazy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my daughter but I've worked in a high pressure corporate enviroment my whole adult life so it was just too difficult for me to make the adjustment. I only took 4 months off when I had Matt last April and am content to be back at work. I have a fabulous support structure and really enjoy my time with the kids. I truly admire ALL you SAHM because I know it takes a special something to do it and I hope all of you realise just what special peolple you are. I tried but just couldn't hack it which I view as a personal weakness.

I've never crochet a thing in my life. The best I managed was knitting a scarf in high school which was a disaster..................as you may have noticed by now, I'm not the most domesticated person..LOL!

Lisa - Your crystal collection is absolutely STUNNING!!! I had an aunt who used to collect them and I remember staring at her display cabinet for hours!!

Well ladies, it's already Friday morning on my side of the world and I must confess that I'm completely exhausted from a tough week at work and am really looking forward to putting my feet up for a couple of days.

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to WendyG-SA

Just seen all the fabulous comments you ladies left on my "EXTREME" LO!!! Thanks so much for the support, I feel much better about the LO now!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to WendyG-SA

Morning ladies!

I am SOooooooooooooO tired today. I've not been sleeping well this week. I go through phases with insomnia, and I do believe it's back with a vengeance. BOOoooooo!

I have never crocheted, I would like to do that though! I look at it just like canning food, another thing I have never done as an adult but want to do. I would like to know I have some good "survival skills", and I like the nod back into the olden days when almost every household was headed by a woman who could do those kinds of things for her family. Did that make sense? LOL! We used to can veggies when I was a kid. My grandma would come over on those days and we kids had the task of preparing the green beans. I enjoyed that simple life on the farm!

What is everyone working on today? I have a DT deadline tomorrow, with 5 projects left. AH! So, I am about to get off of here and hit those up. Most of them will be easy to put together, I already sketched them out.

It looks like we are all pretty much into the challenge idea, SO, ready for our first challenge? I'll put them on the first post, so we can keep track. They will be voluntary, and you can finish them whenever. Very loose rules, heck, there really are no rules. It's just more to make you put on your thinking caps. I've got a good one to start us off, remembering some conversations we have had...

Challenge 1: Scrap with a product or technique OUTSIDE of your comfort zone..

For me, I will probably do stitching. I find it time consuming and it makes me nervous! Or, I could try out my new Fastenator.

Edited by byondbzr on 05-14-10 04:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Becky - Thank you for the comopliments! So sweet of you! sorry about your son's ex; everyone has at least one of those in their family. Hope you get that quilt back. I've never completed a paper bag album. It's a project I want to try in the future.

Wendy - Enjoy your days off!

Rebecca - I have always wanted to be that way, too. I wanted to cook, clean, can foods, sew, crochet, and cross-stitch. Be the type of mom that had cookies baked for the kids after school - you know like the Leave it to Beaver mom of that era. I am no wher that, lol! The challenge you posted is great! I think it's perfect for our first!

I'm going to try to scrap today to catch up on challenges. This weekend my hubby is taking me to get scraproom furniture and all next week I don't have class so I'm going to be converting my dd's room into my scraproom! Will upload photos of before and after when it's done!

Have a wonderful day ladies! Will check back later!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Ladies, here is my last Alice layout in the series. This one doesn't have too much distressing but I love the stamping I had to do with this one! TFL!

Painting the Roses Red - 12 Layouts of Alice #12 By Forevervampress

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Hi ladies! Hope everyone's having a good day today.I'm very excited! I got my first custom order or any order really from my etsy shop yesterday. I'm making 200 magnolias for a floral designer. She wants to attach her business cards to them. I think I finally got it after 4 tries last night. The challenge sounds great but not sure I'll be able to get to it. I still have other challenges I have to do that might not get done. I've also decided to part ways as a DT for If it's groovy. She's making changes right now and I really want to focus on my shop. It's very freeing if that's a word.It's nice to be able to choose what I want to do and when.Rebecca I hope your insomnia gets better. I use to get it all the time until I had my son. I think he just wears me out that now I can instantly fall asleep. But it has appeared since then just not as bad.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to DreaSlee

Drea - Congratulations on that order! And don't worry about the challenge. It's optional and I think Rebecca said there is no real time limit. I've also had insomnia in the past but now I just can't sleep because dh snores! lol!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Drea that is awesome about your custom order, congratulations! 200-wow sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, but how fun!

Rebecca, sorry to hear about your insomnia, hopefully you can get some rest this weekend! Great challenge though, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Not sure with what yet though...

Celina your LO is so awesome! Those roses are absolutely stunning! Although now I've got the song 'Painting the Roses Red' running through my head... Did you have a tutorial you followed for the felt flowers, or was it something you made up on your own? If you did it yourself you should make a tutorial and post it

Off to clean the house a bit for a dinner shindig we're having tomorrow night. Should be interesting with having three dogs still.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to MrsAnnieS

Well I had just finished this page when I found out about changes at Groovy.I'm just keeping it as it is.
Groovy girl By Zuk

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to DreaSlee

Drea - awesome layout! Love has been left in your gallery!

Annie - I only wish I had made those felt flowers! lol. I bought them already made from the seasonal section in Hobby Lobby. They usually have different felt embellishments for general crafting in a different part of the store.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

hey ladies

I hope to catch up with chatter tomorrow. Today was a busy day keeping my DS from climbing on things and fighting nap time But my lovely MIL is coming over tomorrow to help me out. So tomorrow should be better

good night!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Just popping in to say good morning! I have so much to do today, I doubt I'll be able to get back on here later. We shall see though. I have my DT deadline, with 3 projects left to do, a tutorial to write, and we have a new refridgerator I need to help Jim bring it in. As well as get the old one out. I have to run errands to pay bills and get groceries, and, and, and...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Not sure I can get everything done today, but I will try.

Looking at all that makes me tired.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Don't worry Rebecca, we're in the same boat today! Have bank runs and groceries, vet appointments and make a lasagna while cleaning the entire house for company this evening...so I wish you all the luck getting everything done!

Celina-haha you had me fooled! Love them though, I'll have to hunt down a hobby lobby and see what they might have...

Hopefully I will see you all at some point again today...if not happy saturday!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

Howdy girls. jci

I got home late from Indiana last night. I'm doing a little scrapping today. I'm not working on our challenge here yet, but I did take the absolutely terrifying plunge and bought some alcohol ink yesterday. Eeeek.

Hope you all have a good Saturday -- sorry you ladies have so much to get done today. Cassie's got a cold, so we're having a lazy day.

BBL.

Page 4 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics