Username Post: How do you organize your stickers?        (Topic#1534959)
New Kid On the Block

Hi I'm new, I just joined and am looking for ideas. I'm looking for ideas for organizing my stickers now that I have a designated space for scrapping. Do you have any ideas? What do you do?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to redkt97

I guess it depends on how much you have! A lot of people use a clip-it-up (either bought or homemade). I have way too many embellies for that. WAY too many, because I overshop like mad. I try to keep flowers stored in a few of those clear Iris containers. Then I have alphas in plastic storage bins that I got at the dollar store, separated by colors. Flat embellies are sorted by theme in two paper sticker binders (PSB). I honestly have so much stuff that I forget what I have. Unfortunately, I can't leave it all out due to space issues and very curious cats. I'm really eyeing up the clip it up floor model, but I'm worried my girls would chew the packaging. They LOVE plastic.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-17-10 05:33 PM
In response to siameseplease

i use a binder with page protectors, organized by season/holiday/theme

or in a photo box organized by season/holiday/theme

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to ELynn

I have a clip-it-up for stickers. I really like it. Even though I very rarely use stickers, when I am looking for something it's very easy to flip through. It does take up a lot of space though.

NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom
In response to *jesse*

I use the 12 pocket small floders and put them by theme. I have one for baby,animals,love,and etc

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to NewbieMom

I just got a Clip It Up and I LOVE it! I have tried binders, trays, drawers, everything. I am now wishing I got my Clip it Up much much sooner!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to m.perk

I have all of mine stored on jumprings.

Sorted by both alphas & themes.

They hang on an embellishment rack on my scraproom door.

{A - Alphas} By KellyCali

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to KellyCali

I used to store stickrs in a binder but it became too cumbersome, so now I store all my flat embellies (and some non-flat) on my clip it up (I have the regular one with a top tier added). I keep all my stickers, rub ons, and anything else that comes in a flat package (except letter stickers- they would fill my CIU!) on there and I love it!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to mercytiara

I have to chime in on the Clip It Up. For Christmas I got one with the top tier addition, and I love it to pieces. I cannot believe how much it holds. I had three Iris boxes stuffed to the gills: one for rubons, one for stickers, and one for other stuff like diecuts, flowers, borders, journal spots, etc. Everything fit on the Clip It Up - once I got the extra clips. It's so nice to be able to see what I have without going through all the different storage containers.

Lisa

eta: All my alpha stickers are still in an Iris box.

Edited by lstory on 05-18-10 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to redkt97

I use the Scraprack (google it for their web site). It really is the best investment you can make for organization of embellishments, etc.

I had the components on my 'wish' lists for birthdays/mother's day/Christmas etc. for two years.....You cannot outgrow this type of system and it is so easy to use.

My Scraprack By Sunnydi

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Sunnydi

Another vote for Clip It Up!! I organize them by theme. Love being able to flip to exactly what I need

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-18-10 06:41 PM
In response to Jennifer Priest

Just wanted to throw in a bit of caution if you are new: It is EASY to overbuy. Ok, well, even if you are not new, it is easy to over buy.

In particular, newbies tend to stock up on stickers. This may turn out to be a mistake for you. I don't know your scrapping style, but many scrappers find that they rarely use stickers as they get a little more advanced.

What is cute to you now, may not appeal to you by the time you get around to a project with that theme.

Anyway, if you don't buy a lot then you don't have to store them. For stickers, let the stores store them! And just buy specific stickers as you need for a particular project. If you already have a large sticker collection, then a clip it up is probably the most useful and user-friendly system.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to IzzyB

i have gone through a lot of different ways to store my stickers. i had bags, drawers, sleeves. the one thing that has worked the longest is the Cropper Hopper Expandable Paper Organizer. its long enough to hold them and i can still see everything.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Lamoo12

Mine are in plastic shoe boxes sorted by theme.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics