Username Post: if you had a coupon        (Topic#1537683)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

for 40% off at a certain place....

what would you use it for?

I have one and I have to drive by one on a work errand so I know what I'm doing for lunch today!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Ohio4HMom

I'd buy a new 12" paper cutter -- preferably a rotary one.

Edited by CMLeach on 06-30-10 07:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to CMLeach

well, depends on what they carry
I would use it for a new Nestability set, border/corner punch set from Martha Stewart, or something else that was on the expensive side that I wouldn't buy at full price.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to CMLeach

Thickers or Fancypants ... always!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to SuperAllyFan

thickers or fancypants?

how do I not know what these things are?

LOL

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Ohio4HMom

Here's some Thickers and Fancy Pants linked:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to CMLeach

I try to use the coupons on bigger tix items that I don't like paying full price for, including some of those mentioned above, like martha stewart punch, etc.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-30-10 07:55 AM
In response to Tina scraps

a new tool....always!!! or Xyron refills....I hate it when my xyrons are empty.

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to CMLeach

Clear stamp set, set of embossing powders, set of pigment inks, glass mat, and storage items.

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to fatwhippet

Yep I would say xyron's refills also, these are expensive to buy at reg price.

Resident
In response to momofthreeboys

Right now, I would say storage. I am attempting to organize my scrapbook stuff. Wish me luck!

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to DolphinGirl09

OMG. Everyone said some things that I would love to have..

So I would use my coupon on stickles, xyron refills, albums, copic markers, I know I can't but if I could cricut cartridges, the crop a dile big bite, my list can go on and on.. LOL

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to DolphinGirl09

This!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to momofthreeboys

• momofthreeboys Said:
Yep I would say xyron's refills also, these are expensive to buy at reg price.

What she said and/or punches!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to HisGEM

Each time I see this title, a tune pops in my head:

"If I had a coupon, I'd shop in the morning... I'd shop in the evening, all over this land....."

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Bxr-Linda

Stamps - more and more and more stamps! So, what did you end up buying?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to dwelch

Linda, you're totally crackin' me up with your song! Stacey, it's lookin' to me like I need that punch too...

40% off. hmm. Can't go wrong with a fabulous new paper pack, a punch, stamps (if you're a stamper), storage solutions... Cricut carts are always cheaper online.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to runzalot81

Actually, for quite some time now, I find it hard to find something I need (or want) in order to use the coupon. It's either that there's nothing new, or the thing I want is already on sale, and I can't use the coupon.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Bxr-Linda

you can't use coupons on items that are on sale? I do at Hobby Lobby, they just take it off the original price.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Bxr-Linda

I agree - that I would purchase a larger ticket item. I also have had my eyes on some of the new Tim Holtz dies and plates. I'm going to try to get those using coupons!!!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to SmartyPants

A big self-healing cutting mat....I want a huge one.

If that was not it, it would be some stickles....I don't have any yet and I want to get some.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to PhotobearSam

I bought a sizzix die of the film strip I was trying to figure out how to make without it

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
you can't use coupons on items that are on sale? I do at Hobby Lobby, they just take it off the original price.

Not at Michaels or Joanns. We don't have a Hobby Lobby.

I just looked at the Hobby Lobby coupon online. It says, "this offer applies to regular priced items only." Maybe it's just not as strict at enforcing it?

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

D. All of the above!

=D

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Here Kitty Said:

I just looked at the Hobby Lobby coupon online. It says, "this offer applies to regular priced items only." Maybe it's just not as strict at enforcing it?

I always thought that meant that the "applies to regular priced items only" meant that the coupon had to be applied to the regular price and not the sale price - which is what the Hobby Lobby's I've been to do. When I've brought sale items up to use with a coupon, they've specifically asked me if I realized that the coupon would count off the regular price and not off the sale price.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Then Hobby Lobby is nicer than Michaels and Joann's.
If it's on sale, you CANNOT use the coupon.

People complain because often the whole scrapbooking section will be 25% off, with a 40% off coupon. But you can't us it, because everything's already on sale.

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to Bxr-Linda

a new paper pack. Especially like the new Fancy Pants mentioned above!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Then Hobby Lobby is nicer than Michaels and Joann's.
If it's on sale, you CANNOT use the coupon.

People complain because often the whole scrapbooking section will be 25% off, with a 40% off coupon. But you can't us it, because everything's already on sale.

I just had a coupon from M that let you take 40% off items including sale items...I was so happy (never had one of those)! I bought a punch....but the punch doesn't work...so I have to take it back!

OzarkRedbird
New Kid On the Block
OzarkRedbird

I use my coupons on expensive items that I really get a big amount off on, paper pads, xyron refills, punches, storage items, art pencil sets (like Prismacolors) stuff like that

jessicaparker88
Resident
jessicaparker88

• Here Kitty Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Here Kitty Said:

I always thought that meant that the "applies to regular priced items only" meant that the coupon had to be applied to the regular price and not the sale price - which is what the Hobby Lobby's I've been to do. When I've brought sale items up to use with a coupon, they've specifically asked me if I realized that the coupon would count off the regular price and not off the sale price.

My Hobby Lobby hates me. Honestly! Anytime I try that, I just get a *huff!* and a "ma'am, we're a DISCOUNT store, quit trying to work the system". I usually leave muttering something foul under my breath as I walk out the door.

Or just today, for example, I tried to use a coupon that said Paper Studio 3D Embellishments, but it didn't give any more details than that. Last I checked, embellies fall under a HUGE umbrella, I figured 3D just meant anything that's not completely flat like stickers/alphas/etc. Well I stocked up on things like label holders, flowers, and chipboard, got to the register and the 30-year-old unmarried, overweight, still-pimply-pubescent girl just gives me this look like I'm insane. "UMMMMM....this is for stickers only." Me: "Can you tell me where it says that?" Her: "*tisk* You're just supposed to know." Me: "And as an employee here, shouldn't you know that no one actually uses stickers anymore?" And she just kept ringing everything up like I was going to pay full price for all that HL-brand ********! I just looked at her, said "keep it" and walked out.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to jessicaparker88

HL a discount store? not in my neck of the woods they aren't!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Ohio4HMom

I also use the coupons on bigger ticket items...such as punches, stamp sets, etc...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to jessicaparker88

Jessica,
I have had soooo many of the same things happen at Michaels.

One was about "all Value Paper Paks" that were on sale (that is a specific brand). I picked up a different brand pack and wanted to use the coupon. Sorry- ALL paper packs on sale. I argued.

Another was "all rubber stamps on sale" and a sign on the display. NO sign on the clear acrylic stamps. I tried to use a coupon on clear stamps, nope, on sale.

WTH?!

Of course people are trying to take advantage of a coupon. But, it's frustrating when it's not clear, and the answers seem to vary by location and employee.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics