Welcome! As many of you know, this challenge is all about using our supplies. The goal is to create 4 different layouts, each one featuring one of the challenges below. Sorry, you cannot use one layout for more than one category. At the end of the month, I hope you will have used some supplies so you can go buy more goodies!
This month, we're going to try to reinvigorate our mojo with different twists. For each twist you complete, you'll receive an additional vote for your page!
Week One ~ Cardstock
How much cardstock do you have stock piled? I know I have a ton! Let's use some of it up this week. Your challenge is to make a page using 3 different cardstock papers. NO PATTERNED PAPER ALLOWED! For a twist, alter at least one piece of cardstock by doodling, stamping, inking, misting, stitching, or chalking.
Week Two ~ Blue
With it being swimming pool season, I am really inspired by the color blue! Your challenge this month is to make a page that is at least 40% blue. For the twist, use 4 different shades of blue on your page.
Week Three ~ Clearly
Do you have a collection of Ghost Shapes, transparencies, and overlays? How about we pull those out this month and give them a try. Your challenge this month is to use 3 clear items on your page! For a twist, attach them in some way other than with adhesive (i.e. brads, staples, stitches, eyelets, hung).
Week Four ~ Journaling
Sometimes we all forget that journaling is an important part of our page! Your challenge this month is to include at least 56 visible words of handwritten journaling on your page in an interesting way. No journaling blocks this month! Include your journaling in strips, around the outside edge of the page, around the photo, in a spiral. Get creative! For a twist, grab your tags and include another 56 (or more) words of hidden journaling, as well!
1. Layouts can done for this challenge and other challenges. Due to the fact that we are using up supplies, digital layouts will not qualify. Also, your layout must be created and then posted to this thread between July 1, 2010 and midnight on July 31, 2010 in order to qualify. If you finish all four weeks, you will receive an extra vote for each page!
2. Any size layout that is 8 x 8 or larger will qualify.
3. Post in your gallery and leave a link on this forum thread. Please allow public embedding on your pages! I am going to be a little relaxed on the deadlines, so long as all four layouts are in by the end of the month, that's fine. To be clear there need to be four different layouts, one for each category. In other words, you can't create one layout and have it entered for voting in more than one category. Also, you're welcome to share pages you've created, so long as they use the supplies we're trying to use up this month!
4. Explain your technique.
5. Leave love for the other participants!
6. Starting August 1, we will PM our votes. Please send me the number next to your favorite LO for each week (for a total of 4 votes) plus the number of your LO for that week so I can give you your vote-vote (make sense?). Because of the twists this month, your layouts could get a total of 4 votes each just for your full participation!
The poll will be posted August 2, around 6 pm eastern. Votes will be accepted until that time.
Now... let's get to using that stash!!
Participants (in alphabetical order) - weeks completed
AllAmy ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
BJscrapsalot ~ 2*, 3*
dancinirish90 ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*
isnthisfun ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
IzzyB ~ 2*, 3*, 4
krissyclarkmckee ~ 1*, 2*, 3, 4
Laura C ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
lindaj3 ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
lstory ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
MelissaW ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*
momany ~ 1*, 4*
MrsAnnieS ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*
parisdame ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
Rhayne ~ 2*, 4*
runzalot81 ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4
scraphappyjenn:D ~ 4
scrapinbabygal ~ 1*, 2*, 3, 4
scrappindmbfan ~ 1*, 4
Sigmagirl ~ 1*
tabbilwilex ~ 1*
tdn823 ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*
TexasMomOf4 ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*
vincarash ~ 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*