Username Post: is the xyron 5" sticker        (Topic#1539723)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

machine worth it for $20 from Walmart or would you go for the other 5" machine for $50?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Ohio4HMom

Is the $20 the 2.5"? I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for. I have the different sizes for the different projects....but to answer your question, yes it is worth it. A lot of people say they rarely use a larger size.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to HisGEM

no its for the 5" create a sticker

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Ohio4HMom

The 500 or 510?

It's no longer available here in the superstore, but the bundle was $29.99 (with laminate, labels, DVD and idea book).

I don't use mine THAT much, but when I need it, I'm glad I have it.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to

oh bummer... WM has a 5" create a sticker for $20 refills were $10 but its not labeled so I'm assuming its a 500

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Ohio4HMom

I have the 2.5" sticker machine. I love it, but I can no longer buy the refills in my town. I have to plan ahead and buy them when I get to a HL or bigger J store.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I don't think I would use the bigger ones, I have the X and love it for small stuff. I paid like 6 or 7 dollars for it with a coupon at M.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to purpledurple

The 500 and 510 use the same refills. I'd buy it if I hadn't already! LOL

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to sweet1

I have just looked these two styles up, and it probably true that the difference in price is due to the fact that the cheaper one is the 500 and the more expensive one is the 510. I think the biggest difference between them is that the 500 can only make stickers with permanent and repositionable cartridges, while the 510 can use laminate and magnet making cartridges also. In addition, the 500 has a dial for turning while the 510 has a crank for feeding materials through. The crank is probably at least slightly better to grip. And it used to be true that one of the Xyron machines did not have a built-in cutting blade. I am not certain whether this was the 500 or not.

Also, I thought I would point out that the cartridges indeed do not appear to be the same for the two machines but do seem to be fairly comparable in price. I don't know how easily the 500 cartridges can be found in local stores though. I have seen the 510 cartridges in my local shops.

I have a version of the 510. I do like it and use it fairly frequently. It works very nicely for its purposes. I don't use the laminate feature often and have never used the magnet maker. If those two purposes aren't important to you, then it might not be necessary to spend the extra money.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to KatieJo

Thanks KatieJo... thats my decision problem I guess...

will I use the laminating feature?

will the refills be readily available for a while?

decisions decisions decisions

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Ohio4HMom

I have the $20 one from WM the other 5 inch one is called a creation station I think. So if you get the one that's $20 don't make a mistake and get the wrong refill like I did. They do not use the same refills.

New Kid On the Block
In response to NMlady

I use the laminating cartridge several times. I scan in a newspaper article so I have it digital and then run it through the xyron to laminate and preserve it in the scrapbooks. I have one of my daughter's lacrosse team and she keeps taking the original to show people. At least it won't get ruined and if it does, I have it digially.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics