Username Post: Hobby Lobby        (Topic#1539755)
Scrappin Zeta
Governor
Scrappin Zeta

I have never been in Hobby Lobby...Do they have a good selection of scrapbooking supplies?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Scrappin Zeta

I really like their selection for a big box store. They always have a lot of thickers which I love.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I don't have one close to me but I really like them. They have great paper choices and they have good sales. And you can get coupons for them too.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to scraprabbit

Hobby Lobby is basically the only outlet I have in my city for my supplies. Their selection grows every year. I always find things "I must have!" They alsio have supplies on sale for 50% off during different times of the year, including albums, stickers, and embellishments!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Claggy

All paper is half price right now. Plus their 3D embellishments by paper studio are half off now too and that includes the brads. Chipboard and gem embellishments are half off too.

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to VickieW

I like Hobby Lobby, went in for one thing this afternoon, and well $25 dollars later lol. They have a nice paper selection and I personally like the flower varieties they have. Also the store by me seems to have new brads ALL the time (including specialty shapes).

Oh yes! The stamp section is dangerously good...consider yourself warned hehehe.

Edited by scalvert2542 on 07-30-10 08:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to scalvert2542

Hobby Lobby is basically the only place to get scrapbooking supplies locally. I love it! Like someone said, they have been adding more to their selection, and usually have alot of up to date stuff.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I went there for the first time last Saturday and I am in LOVE! They have a lot of things my M and J don't have! It is def worth the 25 minute ride....I think I might go up that way today!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

So Zeta- I guess the consensus is: Go to Hobby Lobby and go NOW!

Enjoy your visit and let us know what you think!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Claggy

I love page kits and they have a wide variety. Their Paper Studio brand is often half price. They sell their own scrapbook magazine for cheap and there is usually a coupon on the back that can save you more than the price of the magazine.

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to johnsusan8

I think I will make a visit to Hobby Lobby !

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to cheball

Hobby Lobby is not a bad scrap supply store. Unfortunately, the economy has cut their supplies as well as the companies making the supplies.
I like what they have and the prices are not out of line. Like J's & M's they have weekly coupons too. Sales are not bad.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to NoirCat

YES!!!!!! Enough said.

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to cdjohnson

Its alright. M's is BY FAR the best in my opinion, but J's is good too

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to kelsey kay 2012

I like Hobby Lobby. The nearest one is about three hours away and they definitely have a larger selection than my local J store. They offer good sales. You can print coupons from their website and someone already mentioned the magazine (only $2) with a 40% coupon on the back.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I really like to try and support local scrapbook stores, in fact they are the ones that carry the really high quality papers like Bo Bunny. However, with scrapbooking being a very costly hobby, I raid the larger craft stores for many of my supplies. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of paper (their decorative paper isn't thick so it's better used with more quality cardstock like Bazzil) and they have a wide selection of embellishments and stickers. They are very reasonably priced and typically have great sales and coupons.

So my recommendation is go!

Edited by nrskrs on 07-31-10 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
I really like to try and support local scrapbook stores, in fact they are the ones that carry the really high quality papers like Bo Bunny. However, with scrapbooking being a very costly hobby, I raid the larger craft stores for many of my supplies. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of paper (their decorative paper isn't thick so it's better used with more quality cardstock like Bazzil) and they have a wide selection of embellishments and stickers. They are very reasonably priced and typically have great sales and coupons.

So my recommendation is go!

All the Hobby Lobbys I've been to do carry the high quality papers as well, just not in the individual sheets. They do carry some in individual sheets, but not usually brand new releases.

I get Basic Grey, DCWV, MME, American Crafts, Anna Griffin, Bazzil, Glitz and lots more from HL.

Edited by tinacome on 07-31-10 08:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to tinacome

For us pretty much anything is at least a half hour drive cause we live in a pretty small town.

But I was surprised at how much our Hobby lobby really did have but of course the one thing I wanted to look at they didn't have which is usually just my luck. lol

Our Michaels I was surprised that alot of the stuff was like from scrapbook lines that were like over 4 years old. Is that normal?

We have 2 local Joanns but one has hardly anything at all and the other one I haven't been too in ages cause it is clear on the far side of Springfield which is the closest big town which is 30 min away but being on the far side of town it's like a 45 min drive. UGH.

Cindy

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Cindyckj

i have one opening here tomorrow!!!!!! yay

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to HerHighness68

I went to HB Saturday and spent way to much, lol. I like HB much better than the M's thats closest to me.

faithwalker57
Tenant
faithwalker57

I love HL! They have the best selection of scrapbook supplies of any regular craft store, plus there's usually a coupon you can get through their website. I don't live near one right now, and I miss it!

Scrappin Zeta
Governor
Scrappin Zeta
In response to cnsarenee

Thank you Ladies for all your comments...I will definitely check Hobby lobby out. It is a 2hrs drive for me, but it sounds like it is worth it!!!

Scrappin Zeta
Governor
Scrappin Zeta
In response to scraprabbit

Thank you for your comments on HL. I will definitely check it out.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
For us pretty much anything is at least a half hour drive cause we live in a pretty small town.

But I was surprised at how much our Hobby lobby really did have but of course the one thing I wanted to look at they didn't have which is usually just my luck. lol

Our Michaels I was surprised that alot of the stuff was like from scrapbook lines that were like over 4 years old. Is that normal?

We have 2 local Joanns but one has hardly anything at all and the other one I haven't been too in ages cause it is clear on the far side of Springfield which is the closest big town which is 30 min away but being on the far side of town it's like a 45 min drive. UGH.

Cindy

Which side of Springfield are you on? I heard there is a LSS in Springfield but I don't remember the name of it so I haven't been able to Look it up!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to crazycricut

I live a half hour north of springfield. Like we have 1 grocery store and some other usuall small business.

Scrapbook Your Story is the 1 springfield lss and I went there today as a matter a fact.

It's a nice store but pretty expensive. I didn't find any copic markers there or j's or m's or hl. And always out of my cub scout paper. No classes at all or crops during the summer. I do love there cute in store kitty cat!

I really don't like being down on that store but I just don't that much money that I can spend in there versus getting it cheaper somewhere else.

They haven't tended their website in ages and I asked about that on their facebook and she said she'd mention it to the owner but they never did anything.

And on their facebook they post about new things and I love that but they refuse to put prices on there and are forever with each post asked how much is that and they post their phone number and tell you you have to call for the price and sometimes they don't always sound like they are pleased to do that.

I'm pretty sure they are just trying to get people in the store and if they told them the price people would not bother to go. That side of town is very busy and especially at lunch when I went and me and the sales lady and the cat were the only ones in there.

Was looking for several things and couldn't find any of them. Saw a cute little desktop tote kinda like the one i'd seen at HL and HL wanted 6.99 full price and the lss wanted $26 bucks. I just can't afford to shop there. Makes me sad.

Cindy

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Cindyckj

I just went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to look around cause I heard on another board that they got in some new paper pads/packs. I found Basic Grey Origins and the Manilla Basics collections. Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety (not sure if this was the Double Deck...can't recall), Sassafrass Lass Bungle Jungle pad, Melody Ross Homespun, Ava and the one with the butterflies on it. Can't think of the name now. A couple of new AC packs. One was a pack of beautiful damask embossed cardstock!!! Bo Bunny Mammarazzi. DCWV Mariposa and Linen Closet (only J's had these before) and several others whose names escape me right now.

I also heard on antoher board that they are supposed to be getting a whole new section of Tim Holtz stuff!!!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Cindyckj

We don't have a LSS, so Hobby Lobby and Michael's are it for me locally, each 45 minutes away. Michael's always has the same-ol'-same-ol' stuff, but Hobby Lobby gets in new products and has a great selection to choose from. You can get Copics in the art section of the store, not in the scrapping section, but wait for a sale!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to meezerpleaser

Cool i'll have to look in the art section next time.

Thanks!

Cindy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics