Page 1 of 271 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

This is a duplicate thread of Kim's (KimKV) JAFF that I asked her if I could copy and she gave me permission! I thought it was such a great idea, and I wanted to be a part, but was too late to sign up for her original thread. This will run identical to hers with approximately the same amount of members.

JAFF (Just A Few Friends) is a group of “slow” scrappers, created by a slow scrapper. We are scrappers that are happy when we get 2 to 4 pages done a week. We are overjoyed if we get 6 pages done in a week and unbelievably thrilled with anything above that. And sometimes, we don't even get to scrap each week - gasp!! I know, it's just not fair.

Our Rules:

1. Have fun, share, visit and post your layouts whenever you get them done.
2. Try to check in at least three (3) times a week, even if it’s just a quick “Hi, how is everyone?”
3. Leave each other love on layouts. If anyone asks for help or a critique on a page, please either post that critique here or pm them. (Helping each other is what friends do.)
4. No challenges, if we (as a group) decide we want to have a monthly challenge or something, then we will.
5. No flooding the thread!!

Okay, enough rules. Let’s have some fun!!

Members of JAFF Jr. - Origination Sept. 2009

Stephanie (StarsNSparkles)
Becky (Becky Scraps)
Ashley (DNA301)
Andrea (andrea_m)
Jennifer (Jen) (luvmyfam)

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StarsNSparkles

Morning! Nice new thread we got here...so long Fernando!
I hate when payday is at the beginning of the week...it makes the weekend soooo long! Ugh. I would so love to spend the day shopping today.

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette
In response to StaceyE

Hello ladies! Spiffy new thread!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Grimmette

I'm here!!! Hopefully this will do the trick!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Grimmette

Hopefully...Fernando will bite the dust! LOL

Shoot...I get paid twice a month, DH & I both...and right now...that hurts...lol! Our last checks were on the 13th (since the 15th was on a weekend), so we still have 4 days until payday and no money! UGH

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette

Oh Stetz I just HATE that when jobs do that every-other-week thing. It's such a pain and it's so easy to have to pay a bunch of bills all at once and then be out for an entire week.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Grimmette

Yep...its a pain. I don't know why, but it seems like you make more when you get paid weekly rather than bi-monthly or semi-weekly!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

nice new thread looks nice

i hate having to pay bills right after getting paid then being broke for 2 weeks. dumb bills cant they pay themselves and leave me some money atleast lol

love the new avi Steph!!

Stetz good luck with the photo shot this weekend hope they turn out the way you want them to!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Briannasmom

Signing in.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to runzalot81

Well...I've been pretty busy today...went through 2 boxes of paperwork from 2001 & 2002 to see if there was anything worth keeping and then went and rearranged the storage room so Judy could bring in some more boxes. Now I'm all done and I'm going to look up some more flower tutorials!

The only thing bad about doing that is it leads me to wanting to new tools to make flowers and I have 3 more weeks of no buying!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Hey ladies. great new thread

The funeral was so sad. My heart just broke for her parents.

I had a great day with my friends and started makeing a cook book for my aunt for Christmas.

ugh I have to pay bills and some how manage to afford some grocerys today. Im stalling because I hate the grocery store.

I tried to leave love for everyone on the old thread. I hope I didnt miss anymore.

I used to get the kids pics taken but it became such a chore that it took any joy out of it so I stoped. I take enough pics that they will remember everything. I need to get better about getting pics taken with me in them.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Went to the baseball game last night...it was so fishsticking cold and windy where I was sitting that I had on a jacket and one of my mom's hoodied on over the jacket with the hood up and I was still cold...probably didn't help the stupid Mets lost 11-4.

Knocking on wood for no ghostlings here!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

I bet that was sad Andrea...I can't even imagine! I couldn't bear to lose one of my children.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Grimmette

• Octopie Said:
Hello ladies! Spiffy new thread!

Spiffy new avie, too. I like!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

A child's funeral is always the most heartbreaking.

The company I work for has to pay the field (union) employees weekly, so we (the office) staff get paid weekly too. I love it.

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm back from the interview!! And I have a really good feeling about it! I'll hear for sure on Monday, but we've already discussed money (that's what I'm waiting to hear on), benefits, etc.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to shae516

So happy for you Amanda (as I told you elsewhere..lol). I hope you get it and the money and benefits is all that you could ask for!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

so happy for you Amanda hope everything works out and you get some good news on Monday keep us updated!!

Andrea i bet it was sad and heartbreaking.

Stetz sounds like you got alot done at work howz the searching for flower tutorials going?

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to shae516

I hope you get some good news Monday Amanda!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Good luck, Amanda!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm so ready to go home!

I didn't find any new flower tutorials either...you click on 20 links and they are all the same flower.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Good luck Amanda! Hope you get good news on Monday!

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to DNA301

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY want this job

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette
In response to shae516

Looks like we may be ghost free knock on wood.

Thanks on the new avie. I kind of "rediscovered" that picture of me and df when he took to me Jupiter for my b-day it's SO gorgeous but my b-day is in January so it was a bit too rough to go into the water. (Cold too but he bought us wet suits.)

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Grimmette

Good luck Amanda hope you get good news monday.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to andrea m

DH and I had a fight. Boo. His orchestra swim party is tonight. I got home around 4:30 today after work and errands and went straight to bed. I'm so tired! I have no voice and the knots in my shoulders are killing me. I told DH I didn't want to go to the swim party and he threw a big fit. Challenging why he has to go to my races and c r a p c r a p c r a p. We did some yelling and some stomping and some hanging up the phone. We've said our sorries but I'm still upset. I think I'll drink.

I always gain three pounds in August before school starts. I've done great with my diet this week but tonight I ate a small bag of choco almonds, currently heating up spaghetti and I think I'll wash it down with smirnoff. For tonight, the 3 lbs can bite me.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

sorry to hear you and dh had a fight Alissa. i agree the 3 lbs can bite you enjoy your smirnoff and take a load off hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Ah Alissa...its always hard for me to get over fights too. My problem is although we say sorry, it doesn't seem like the issue that started the fight ever got cleared up! I'm so sorry that you are knotted and not at your best...sure hope the booze helps and I hope that everything is OK between you and DH

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Ya know i;m the same way i cant get over it easily either. i'd still be fuming.
if ya lived closer i would give ya a massage but i'd hate to say you'd have to wait till after I give birth though lol massages have gotten too hard on me to do.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Oh I would love a massage. I am getting my haircut tomorrow and little asian ladies and their mad shampooing skills is comparative to a full body massage! LOL

I was also annoyed at DH this morning. He always seems to blame me whenever DS cries about getting in trouble. DS was reluctant about getting dressed this morning so I gave him some what for and he went crying to Daddy. And then DH blames me for having a bad attitude.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Sorry to hear about your and dh's fight. I'm the same way takes me a bit to get over it even when it is suppose to be over.

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette
In response to Becky Scraps

Sorry about your fight Alissa, never any fun. Totally agree with the 3 lbs tho... some night like that are just needed. Hope everything works out... -hugs-

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Ah Alissa...its always hard for me to get over fights too. My problem is although we say sorry, it doesn't seem like the issue that started the fight ever got cleared up! I'm so sorry that you are knotted and not at your best...sure hope the booze helps and I hope that everything is OK between you and DH

If my years of marriage have taught me anything, it's that it's best to concentrate on the apologies and making up, becuse the source of the fight is seldom seen eye-to-eye.

Sorry about the fight Alissa, and sorry to hear that you were so tired. That was sweet of DH to want you to come with him, though. I hope the smirnoff worked!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen...I do appreciate the fact that you can impart some wisdom to us from being married longer! You are totally right about the issue probably not going to get cleared up b/c that is the reason the fight was started in the first place.

DH and I very rarely fight anymore. Our first 2 years of marriage were hell on wheels...we fought constantly, broke doors, chipped walls, and threw whatever we could throw! It was awful awful awful!!! We almost got a divorce too...went so far that I was totally packed up and my family was coming the next day to load me up and take me home! It never happened. Its weird though b/c after those 2 years, it just seemed to stop. We totally just quit fighting except the rare fight.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Dh and I rarely fight. Never really have. Usually it's just me yelling about something. Dh is pretty hard to get excited. He pretty much never yells about anything. He's very laid back. I'm usually the one who's mad about stuff.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

me and dh were the same way in our first 2 yrs of marriage it was so awful i thought we were gonna divorce. we also threw stuff broke stuff just horrible then after that it just slowed down and now we have the occasional fights but nothing like it used to be more like a very heated converstaion lol.

Jen i think your right i know when me and dh are done arguing over whatever we were arguing about it still isnt resolved and we dont see eye to eye on it.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky...I sure wish my DH wouldn't yell! OMG...that man can bring down the house!

Here's one from me
Come on...Get Happy! By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Yeah I'm pretty lucky. But sometimes I wish I could get a reaction out of him. I won't complain I could have it much worse.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I gotta admit...a good fight once in a while adds a little spice...lol! I don't think I would like it if I couldn't get a reaction from DH...but sometimes I'd like a little less of a reaction...lol

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Funny. Sounds like your dhs are complete opposites. Is your's jealous? Mine isn't at all.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

OMG...my DH is wayyyyyyy jealous! Sometimes ridiculously so!!! I told him that the UPS man came onto me...and like a week later, he showed up at my work asking if the UPS guy had been there! LOL

I made that monster with my silhouette then inked it with different colors of distress inks Becky.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Ya mine isn't at all. I don't think I've ever seen him jealous of anyone.

It's super cute. I love it!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I was completely in love with "Ben" (not real name) when I met DH. But it wasn't going anywhere because we worked together. They were long time friends which is how I met DH. I told DH about how I felt about Ben and DH told me that it was never gonna happen. We had a one night stand and he stole my phone number from Ben's phone 'cause I certainly didn't give it to him. He told me not to tell Ben because he would just think the situation is "inappropriate." Later I found out that they have a history of fighting over women. DH "won" because he knocked me up.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

You crack me up Alissa. Such a love story. But your dh has come a long way recently.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

What kind of cameras does everyone use and do you like them? I'm on the market for a new camera soon and just doing a bit of research. Probably gonna get one around Christmas because they are always on sale.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL Alissa...what a great love story! I met my DH on Yahoo personals...lol

Becky, I have a Cannon S5 IS and I really like it! I can set it to my own specific settings and take pics like a DSLR or just leave it on the presets. I've had it for several years now and I'm still loving it!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Do they still sell it?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I've known my dh since we were in kindergarden.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

Storytime!

Okay, so, once upon a time, I was living in Denton, TX working full time at a residential treatment center and working on my master's at night. I wasn't bananas about where my career was headed so I decided to pursue teaching. I got an interview in Clarendon, TX. Population: 2000. I drove four hours out to Clarendon for my interview with Ben and we talked for 3 hours. Two weeks, later I was offered the job as his assistant band director.

He was assigned as my mentor teacher. He helped me run around town and look for a place to live and whatnot. We shared a tiny office and we were together 8 hours a day. He called me some nights and we would talk for hours. He invited me to cookouts with the drama teacher and the three of us would grill steaks and drink beer into the wee hours of the morning. A few times, he invited to spend the weekend with his friends in another little town 90 minutes south of us. In October, he invited me to go to Colorado and spend Thanksgiving with his family. That didn't work out because his brother surprised him with a plane ticket to DC. I ended up spending Thanksgiving with my favorite football coach and his family (he was married with kids). That was good time. Plenty of beer and cigars to go around.

I never believed Ben was interested in me. I thought it was in my head. DUMB. He gave me a xmas present. Three books about running.

The music educator's convention was in February. We decided to drive the 9 hours to San Antonio together. He was rooming with DH. And I was rooming with another band director from our area, Shawna. The first night we arrived, I could not find Shawna! I was homeless because the reservation was in her name! So, I met DH that night when I joined them for beer. I drank 7 beers that night and stayed the night in their room. Ben was really careful not to leave me alone with DH.

Two nights later, we were all in some little dive bar drinking beer and DH was hitting on me. Five beers later, we had ourselves a little rendezvous. He called me the next day. I was like what the hell? I didn't give him my number. I looked at Shawna and said "this guy doesn't understand 'a one night stand.'"

We all went back to our respective cities and DH continued to call. I like the attention. Especially since I believed that my affections for Ben were not reciprocated and I was lonely in a town of 2000. DH invited me to spend spring break in a little cabin that belongs to his family in the mountains of NM. At dinner one night, he asked me where I thought "this was going." I replied, "I'm GOING back to Clarendon and you're GOING to back Katy." I was not interested in a relationship. Two weeks later, there were two pink lines.

DH requested to be the one to tell Ben, since they were old friends. Ben didn't talk to me for two weeks. I cried alot. And slept alot. And threw up alot. DH pushed harder for a relationship. He called regularly. I flew down to stay the weekend several times. Met his parents. His mother gave a courage angel. It still sits on my night stand. He had flowers sent to me and asked the florist to include a six pack of sprite because that's what I wanted all the time. It was really sweet and I still have the card.

It was hell moving to Katy in June. We married in August. And the whole thing sucked. DH ignored me more and more. And I was completely lost in a new house, new city, new job, new relationship, and a growing belly.

I missed Ben alot. And for a long time. I was bitter. And I wondered alot. I still miss the banter and the comraderie. He and DH only talk a couple times a year now.

Edited by runzalot81 on 08-28-10 06:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

That's kind of a sad story. But atleast you got ds out of it!!!!

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette

Yes it is a bittersweet story but I like it. It shows that sometimes the craziest things happen that we never expect but some of the most wonderful things can come from it.

Becky- That's soo cute that you and DH have known each other for so long. We're you guys always together or was it something that happened once you were more so an adult?

Stetz- Must be crazy to deal with a lot of jealously, but it must make you feel a little special sometimes. lol

Df is "protective" as he calls it, but I really think it's jealousy. And it's not blatantly "protective", it's more like him (secretly) severely threatening whoever tries anything. There's been a few times I'm completely oblivious to a situation and he'll tell me a month later oh, btw I said I'd kill them... o-0 Crazy men.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Grimmette

We started going out as we called it back in the day when we were in 7th grade. I asked him out. Actually one of our childhood friends asked him on the bus for me. Which I think he likes because he's never asked a girl out in his life.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

That is so cute, Becky!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Ah Alissa...I'm sorry about your lost friendship with Ben and the heartache you suffered there in the beginning...but I have to say, I think you are happier now and things that seem bad at the time can often lead to something better.

I'm really upset right now. We went out to the pond and DH & DSS got in and started pulling out the lily pads by the roots while me and DS sat and watched. They got all the ones close to me so decided to swim across the pond to get the rest. DSS was almost to the other side and DH was 2/3 of the way before he started swimming towards the bank. I figured he saw lily pads over there and didn't think nothing more of it.

About 2-3 feet away from the bank he yelled "help". Well, DSS and I both looked, but DH is such a joker that neither of us thought he was serious. DH got to the bank and then I heard him start coughing and gagging. I grabbed up DS and walked over there to see what was going on and he was seriously in trouble in the water. His legs had started cramping on him and he didn't think he would make it to the bank.

DSS and I both feel really bad. If we had had any idea he was serious, we would've been after him in seconds! He's sleeping now...he's got a headache and his legs hurt really bad. I rubbed them for a while. I just feel terrible!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Oh Stetz that horrible. But how could you know.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Oh, Stetz, that's awful! Leg cramping in the water always seemed like an old wives tale to me because I never experienced it. Now I'm more educated!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

Morning! I thoroughly enjoyed your story Alissa...but I was a little sad at the end. So how did last night go? Did the Smirnoff help?
OMG Stephanie that is scary! Glad DH is ok...I wouldn't feel too bad though, how could you know..especially if he horses around like that often.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Our first 2 years of marriage were awful, too! I look back and think how stupid we were. The biggest problem we have is if I get upset or frustrated, DH takes it personally. I can loose something on my scrap table (aka the dining room table), and say, "Grrr! Where did I put this?", and DH will take it personally. He'll think I'm mad at him, and he'll start to "shut down". I think the issue is his mother. From what I've heard, she would go on a huge tirade and take down anyone in her path. After all these years of marriage, DH still thinks that I might do that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen...DH is the same way...he takes everything as an attack against him. If I say something about his family members, he takes it that its him.

Well...I feel bad b/c even though DH is a joker, when it comes to water, I should always take a call for help seriously...whether it is or not! I've experienced leg cramping in water once and I know for a fact that you cannot swim if it happens...I just had no idea that DH was having that problem. When it happened to me, there were a bunch of others in the water with me and one carried me to shore.

I'm also probably a little more concerned b/c you know they say bad things happen in threes....well DH's dad passed away in April, then we lost of dog a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to lose anyone else!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky, I don't know if that camera is still available...but if I were you, I would go to consumer reports .org It is a review site, both from experts and individuals and you can look up "digital cameras" and it will tell you the top pics and the goods and bads. That's how I finally settled on my camera.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Alissa, that is such a bittersweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Becky, are you looking for a DLSR, or a point-n-shoot? I never did get the hang of DH's DLSR, but I haven't spent much time with it. I like my Canon point-n-shoot. It's a Powershot A580. They updgrade the version each year, and change the number, so I don't know what the equivalent is anymore.

Stetz, my DH horses around all the time. We never know when he is serious or not. I could see that happening to us. I once got a leg cramp in a pool. I never understood how bad they could be until that moment! I struggled to get to the side, and friends and to jump in and help me.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Becky Scraps Said:
We started going out as we called it back in the day when we were in 7th grade. I asked him out. Actually one of our childhood friends asked him on the bus for me. Which I think he likes because he's never asked a girl out in his life.

That is so sweet!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Jen...DH is the same way...he takes everything as an attack against him. If I say something about his family members, he takes it that its him.

My DH will do that, too. He has this one brother who he can't stand. The guy made his life miserable, stole from him, lied to his parents about him. But can I (or anyone) say anything bad about him? Noooooo.......DH takes it as a personal afront. I've tried to teach him that he isn't responsible for his brother's behaviour. He doesn't get that, though.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

The smirnoff helped alot and I was nice and relaxed by the time the boys got home from the swim party. Later, DH got in bed and was hugging and kissing me and we talked through the issues that came up during the day. Amazing when everyone is calm and we can just say how we interpreted actions or words and "oh, i didn't realize that's how you perceived it." This rolling around and kissing after a tense day is new to us too. I can get used to this.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE

I guess that's one good thing about my DH...he talks just as much sh!t about his family as I do...LOL!
Glad to hear you had a good evening and got everything worked out Alissa.
I just have a crappy point and shoot...I would love a new camera!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Alissa, that is such a bittersweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Becky, are you looking for a DLSR, or a point-n-shoot? I never did get the hang of DH's DLSR, but I haven't spent much time with it. I like my Canon point-n-shoot. It's a Powershot A580. They updgrade the version each year, and change the number, so I don't know what the equivalent is anymore.

Stetz, my DH horses around all the time. We never know when he is serious or not. I could see that happening to us. I once got a leg cramp in a pool. I never understood how bad they could be until that moment! I struggled to get to the side, and friends and to jump in and help me.

I'm not sure. What is the difference? I really know nothing about cameras.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StaceyE

• StaceyE Said:
I guess that's one good thing about my DH...he talks just as much sh!t about his family as I do...LOL!
Glad to hear you had a good evening and got everything worked out Alissa.
I just have a crappy point and shoot...I would love a new camera!

My dh too.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Becky, a point-n-shoot is just that: you set the camera to "auto", point, and shoot. It's all automated. There are a few options available, but they are still pretty automatic. I can turn my dial to "night time" setting, or other settings. I can turn the flash on and off.

A DSLR is a digital single lens reflex. While it has automatic settings, you can adjust for shutter speeds, depth of field, etc. Basically, you have creative control. You also have interchangeable lenses. That's not all it does, but that's the primary stuff. There is quite a learning curve with a DSLR. They are also MUCH more expensive than a PNS.

If you are totally into computers and techie stuff, and you want amazing pics, then you probably want the DSLR. If you want nice pics but can't stand technical stuff, then a point-n-shoot is probably best. Me....I hate computer stuff.

DH used to be a photographer. He said, "If you're asking what the difference is, you probably want a Point-n-shoot". LOL...what a brat he is.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Alissa, I'm glad things got worked out. After all our years (I think we've been married longer than you've been alive, lol), we still have conversations of "Oh, I didn't realize that's how you perceived that".

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm thinking he's right!!! I don't think I want to pick the shutter speed or anything like that. I just want something that doesn't give me blurry pics like mine does now. It gives me this little red hand when it's not a perfect pick and I just want to throw in at the wall.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

I have a plain old point and shoot camera...it's alright for what it is but I have no reason to get a fancy camera LOL!

I had a guy friend I'd known since pre-school (fishsticks that's a long time) and he had the uber crush on me for the longest time but we didn't always get along. He went as my "date" to our high school prom but we never dated or anything. As a matter of fact, we use to get into epic internet arguements with each other. Now, I don't know...maybe I would be better off going out with him than the loser I'm dating now. (Tried the ignorning thing but he won't take the hint and fishsticking go away!)

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Just finished my nap with DS. I didn't really sleep, but he sleeps longer if I'm there, so I just stayed with him.

Alissa...I'm glad you guys had your make-up session and its all better now! That rolling and kissing and cuddling is great!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Rachel and Aly are both napping right now. Trevor is resting on the couch. He's pretty much outgrown a nap but still has to rest for awhile.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You have a very quiet house right now! I bet you love that! Elias definitely hasn't outgrown a nap...he comes home and crashes every day now b/c he doesn't get a nap at daycare anymore!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

No kids are allowed to sleep after 4 in this house. Otherwise they stay up too late at night. I like everyone in bed by 8. Aly is even usually in bed around 8 now. I'm hoping she keeps sleeping as well as she does. I'm enjoying the quiet getting a little cleaning done and checking in here.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky...that is awesome that Aly is sleeping so good already! Elias is such a restless sleeper...often still waking in the middle of the night and he is 3 yrs old! If he does crash later in the evening, then usually he doesn't go to bed until 9, so its not too much later for him. I get home at 3 though, so if he crashes there's no harm done.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Ya I don't get home from work till close to 5 if I have to pick the kids up. Aly is a loud sleeper (meaning she grunts in her sleep) but she doesn't wake up.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well..you can't beat that! Neither of my kids slept good at night as babies. My mom thinks it is because they were too small and they couldn't make the food last long enough to allow them to sleep through the night.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Could be cuz my babies have been bigger. I can't wait for Aly's appt to see what she weights now. I'm guessing she has to be atleast 12 lbs. She has just about outgrown 3-6 month clothes already.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL...you must be feeding her good! She probably won't get to wear that sleeper I bought then. It came from WM...if you want to take it back and get something else.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

She's actually worn it a few times already. She looks super cute in it. I love the bright colors.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

DS is wearing a towel cape and has been throwing himself down the stairs all day. Excuse me, "flying."

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Funny.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh...I figured it would be too warm out now to wear it! I'm glad that she has gotten to wear it then! I miss having a little bitty baby and I don't know anyone who has one that I can go hold for a little while. So sad!!!

I've been working on cutting flower layers this afternoon...time to make Christmas flowers! Got to get my butt in gear!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Too bad you don't live closer. We run the air most the time so she wears sleepers to bed.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I know...I would love to come over and just sit and hold her for a day! I love newborns..they are the best!! Yeah, I guess we did that with Elias too at night. Wasn't thinking about that.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm not a huge newborn fan. I mean I love my babies but I think it's so much more fun when they get a bit older. Aly is smiling some already so that is fun. Yesterday I even had that crazy urge that just one more would be nice. DH better get fixed before I get too crazy. But then about 10 minutes later the older two were fighting and I knew it was only for a moment. Three is plenty for me.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Its still hard for me sometimes knowing I'll not have another, but I guess at some point you have to let it go. DH asked me the other night if I wanted him to get fixed so that if anything happened between us, I'd be able to have another with someone else. No...that wasn't the reason but I thought it was odd that he asked that.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

That's exactly why DH wants to get fixed instead of me, because I'm so young that if something happens to him I could move on with my life and still have options. However, he has not actually gotten it done yet. Pansy.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

LOL Alissa! You only want one kid?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm very happy with one child.

shae516
Guru
shae516

Wow...that was a lot of chatter to catch up on!!

Alissa...thanks for sharing the story. I'll have to share mine at a later date. The Pants is downstairs and will probably interupt if I start telling it now.

I love babies, but I'm happy with one. We'd like to have another, but it's just not working out right now. The boy is almost 4, so I'll give it another year. But I can't say I'd be disappointed if we didn't have anymore.

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to shae516

Becky, I have a Canon EOS Rebel and I love it!!! It's a DSLR (I think). I've always owned Canons...so I'm a little partial. The Pants bought me a Sony a few years ago and I absolutely hated it.

shae516
Guru
shae516

• runzalot81 Said:
DS is wearing a towel cape and has been throwing himself down the stairs all day. Excuse me, "flying."

Hilarious!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to shae516

I guess I'm not very maternal. At the time I got pregnant, I was not the least bit interested in having children and believed I never wanted to get married. Men were just a side dish and not worth pursuing in any real way.

I love my little boy and I mother him and smother him as much as he allows. But I like my hobbies too. Scrapbooking, cardmaking, shopping, running, weight lifting, lounging, sleeping... I don't want to give it up. With one child, I can have it all.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

You definitely have to give up more of yourself and your time with each additional child! I know DS totally stole every minute...but he's my last and it won't be much longer where he doesn't want anything to do with me, I'm sure! I'll take what I can get when I can get it...both ways.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning!

I can't believe this thread was so quiet last night!

I stayed up til 1 watching Gone With the Wind and then DS woke me up at 6:30, so I'm pretty tired! I'm already looking forward to our nap.

No plans for me today except maybe look for a box to ship all DD's pet shops. I finally got the listing up on Evilbay yesterday...HUGE collection! There are 268 pets and tons of other stuff! I'm giving her the money after all the fees and whatnot! But, I have to find something to ship them in! Probably will need more than one box.

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette

Little kids are the cutest. I've been thinking about maybe teaching elementary lately I found out that there's a college closer that I can get my degree at instead of all the way downtown Orlando. I know kids can be one big handful especially that many all at once, but I've seen some high schoolers be absolutely downright nasty. A bunch of people in my family have been telling me that I should think about elementary and that I seem more like an elementary teacher.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Grimmette

Morning. My neck is killing me.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to Grimmette

It might be something to think about Steph...elementary is a handful but high school kids have their own set of problems...and they're much bigger!
As far as kids go I found out the hard way that you don't realize how much work 2 kids is until after they're here...Ha!

Page 1 of 271 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics