Page 271 of 271 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Becky Scraps

Stetz glad to hear everything went well with Gregg and you made it home safely. What a scary drive.

Ashley i would take pictures and send it with a letter from a lawyer to fix the problem. seems extremely lazy and bad to do nothing when you have your grandma who has been sick and your dad on oxygen. Even if you dont get along with the people upstairs. Like stetz asked who owns the building?

Ashley you need to learn to roll with being moved. You will learn all machines and it seems like no one there is on your case. It really sounds like a great work environment. You just need to quit looking for the bad.
Yeah for being asked out. So what if you dont drink. You should go get a soda and just get to know your co workers. try and relax. I am sure they will understand about meds and no alcohol.

Both kids were home yesterday. DD eye app went to after 2 so no reason to go to school. She chose contacts this time and seems to be liking them. I wont order more till i know she is going to want to stick to them.

Hi becky hows the siding coming? Is it just getting done on weekends or are you having someone do it?

Hi jen.

Its been busy this week being back to five days a work. I am enjoying it though. Yesterday i spent the day calling kids for interviews. I hired one boy as we had already talked to him. He is our only male employee.
Today and tomorrow will be interviews. than i will be training all of them. I think we are hiring 6 to nine new people.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Stetz I'm glad to hear the procedure went well! yea I hate drive in storms. but glad you got home alright.

Well today looks like a cold day here. I am want to try and sell my slice machine seen I don't ever use it at all now that I have my cameo. well today work out and see if the weather nice take dogs out. tomorrow my husband leave for salt lake city for work meets and other stuff. he won't be home until Saturday late night. my dog are not going to like it when she see you pack up she thinks we are leave her. which I be home. I am want my warm weather

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to southern lady

Andrea the siding is going slow as Mike is working all week so he just does a few pieces in the evening when he gets home.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today there was a disaster of epic proportions in the lab...this lab does an enormous amount of complete blood counts (CBCs) per shift...like over 1500 in an eight hour shift because of the cancer centers associated with the hospital. In order to deal with the volume, it has three CBC machines. This morning, I came in to find one machine had broken down completely (they had to call the company to service it) and one machine that had to be taken down because it was giving errors left and right. So...that left just one CBC machine to do the bulk of the day! Most of my training today consisted of learning how to troubleshoot and change the fluids in the machines LOL!

Becky- I was very nervous about going because I don't, generally, do things like that LOL.

Stephanie- Glad to hear Gregg's procedure went well! As for the house, according to the mortgage, my parents and my aunt and uncle jointly own the house. The leak is her problem but she denies it exists. Going out with some of the other techs was kind of fun. I felt a bit awkward being there because they all know each other and I'm like the new girl in school but they're all really nice.

Andrea- We did sent them a letter from our lawyer way before my dad got sick and needed to be put on oxygen. From what we were told, the upstairs people threatened to countersue for us harassing them.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning. Well yesterday started out really went, but went downhill fast about lunch time. DD decided she wanted something done last night, and was extremely put out that I couldn’t do it…so of course, she started talking to me awful! It really hurt…especially because I thought we were past all of that bullcr*p. Then, the ex claims he has the night off and wants to get DS, and when I ask DS, he jumps at the opportunity…so (maybe stupidly and childishly) I was hurt because it seems like he always prefers to go rather than be with me. By evening though, DD had apologized and everything turned out OK.

Andrea, I hope she likes wearing them…my family members always preferred contacts to glasses. I’m thankful I’ve never had to deal with either. Smart move not getting more right away! Wow…that’s a lot of hires…I’m so glad you are in the position you are.

Danielle, driving in storms doesn’t usually bother me too much…but this one really got to me because it was the flash flood type storm and the water was sitting on the road, so it was so hard to get traction and keep it. Can you not shut the door and pack so the dogs don’t see?

Becky, although it’s annoying to have a project last long…it is really nice to save the money on labor for someone else to do it! It’ll be so nice when it’s done. I have to hand it to the guy though to do even a few pieces after working all day.

Ashley, I’m so glad that you went out with the other techs…you will only be the “new” girl for a short time…doing stuff like this with them will quickly get you past that stage! I’m glad you had a good time. So…can your parents sell their portion of the building if they move out? I don’t think it would matter if they threaten to countersue…you have a case that is solid and a problem that needs fixed. Your parents really should pursue it. I'm curious...when your parents and your relatives all bought this building, did they get along at that point?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to StarsNSparkles

hello and good morning

well took my husband to work. then this morning going to a class and take dogs for a walk. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. have to clean house today.

Stetz - no my husband had to pack up his stuff last night and you can tell are dogs where act werid. so I took them with me when I took my husband to work. sorry to hear you had a not a great night.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz hugs on the bad night. I am glad dd apologized.
How is Gregg doing? Is he back to work?

Ashley so what if they counter sue. when it goes to court you take lots of pictures of the leak and where it is coming from. The judge will determine who is to fix it or if it is a joint cost since they both own the home. I would not live in a situation like that.

It sounds like the machines breaking made extra work but also allowed you to learn to trouble shoot. The true test of a good employee is how they act in a bad situation. If you get in there, learn , and help that is great. If you refuse to work and complain than in my opinion your not worth keeping employed.

I had to take dh to the er last night. He hit a wet stick while riding his dirt bike and his tire slipped. When the bike went down he was able to get off easily but the handle bars spun and caught his leg. The cut was clear to the bone.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Andrea - Ouch that sounds painful for your dh.

Ashley - I would have to agree with Andrea in that let them counter sue and there is no way I would live in a situation like that. Something for your family think about when they consider buying a house with your sister and you both involved. I feel like you and your sister would end up just like your family above you and your family. I think you two would get along much better with some distance. I wouldn't want any of my family or Mike's living in the same house as us.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Danielle, yes, I know he had to pack last night, but why did he have to pack in front of the dogs? I'm just saying, it's an easy thing to pack behind a closed door. You just seem really worried about how your dogs will react, but there are solutions.

Andrea, yes, he is back to work today. He's doing good...he didn't sleep well so he's tired and the spots are still sore...which is to be expected. Ouch on your DH..that sounds terrible! I hate trips to the ER...it's always such a loooonnnnggg process!

Becky, LOL on living with either family...you and me both!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

lol stetz im laughing at the long process. My dh said the same thing. He was like this is going to take 4 to 6 hours. I told him nope not at this er. I have already bee twice. We were out in a little over an hour. had two nurses. two student nurses and a dr. We saw the dr. three times and he checked in a fourth. We waited in the waiting room a whole minute. I usually dont wait at all just right in. Our actual dr. for other stuff takes longer. When we left dh said wow that was amazing. We have been in a lot of ers and they are usually slow but so far good luck here.

Hope Gregg starts sleeping better. I cant imagine the stress of all of this on both of you.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Good morning! DD had an art show last night, and I'm so glad we went! Out of all the pieces of art (and there were a couple hundred), the judges were told to pick 2 out of everything shown that they would actually buy...and DD's ballerina chalk picture was chosen as one of the two! I was so very happy and proud! She won two other certificates too...one for 1st on a drawing and a 2nd place in painting!

Andrea, the last time I went to the ER was for DS, he had fallen down my wrought iron staircase and split his gum and eye. They were bleeding pretty bad, so I thought it was best to have him seen. We had no wait in the waiting room, went right in the room...a doctor came in to have a look, then left...and we didn't see him again for an hour! My sister said that an ER visit is required to take minimum of one hour. (don't really know if that is true), but in our case, the Dr. saw that to him it was no kind of emergency, so he went and sat at the desk for an hour, then came in, applied some liquid stitches glue and signed us out! It was VERY annoying!

I'd say the service you received was much better! Of course, your DH had a much more serious injury too. I'm glad it didn't ruin your entire evening. How is DH feeling now?

Edited by StarsNSparkles on 04-29-16 05:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well look like another cold day here. this morning I am not feel great right now. going to take dogs for a walk and then go work out. I did get some sleep last night. when husband gose to place I sometimes can't get any sleep when he gone.

stetz- that great news that your DD two other certificates.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz when we lived in a bigger city and er visit could take up to four hours. sometimes sitting in a waiting room for over an hour. The sheer amount of people in there was crazy. Sometimes living in a smaller town has bennefits.

Congrats to dd what a great award to have the judges say they would buy your art.

Danielle i can understand having a hard time Sleeping with out your dh. I was like that for awhile but he has to be gone more now so i have gotten used to it.

I am working tomorrow night. The girl who was scheduled is having a surprise baby shower. Her boyfriend came in to see if someone would cover it. I said I would. I dont really like working evening shift but i figure as the manager its good to do every once in awhile.

Dh went to work yesterday and now his leg is killing him. He stayed home sick today. He hates doing that it puts him in a bad mood.

Any fun weekend plans?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Congrats to Shelby!!!

When I told Aly for her broken foot I was in the ER for probably 5 hours. When Trevor broke his arm we went to the hospital out of our town as we were camping and about 1/2 way between and figured the service couldn't be any worse. They were amazing. They said it would be a bit for x-ray and as they opened the door the x-ray machine was being brought it. So we'd probably make the trip again if it isn't something life threatening.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Danielle, hope you get to feeling better and can get some sleep.

Andrea, LOL I live in a small town, but the hospital here is awful. You only go there for minor stuff. The joke is if you want to die, go there. That was nice of you to work for her. It says a lot for you being the manager!

Becky, that's cool that you found another hospital you can go to that you would get better service.

Nothing much planned for our weekend. DH is going to work on getting the new 1/4" laid down in the living room for the carpet. I'm wanting to try and go see the Jungle Book Saturday night.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Stephanie - congrats to your dd for winning in the art show. That's awesome!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Joanie R

Stetz the town i grew up in did not even have a dr. half the time. The hospital was three towns away and horrible. We usually drove the 2 hours to a bigger city.

When I was pregnant I told dh he needed to deliver the baby before we stopped at that hospital. I drove over two hours for every dr. app while pregnant.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Wound up going to be wicked early last night because I'm having a really bad time with my allergies. The worst part about it is that, when my allergies are bad, I cough instead of sneeze so it sounds like I have a terrible virus or something instead of allergies. Today was a little better though...I was worried that one of the lead techs was going to send me to employee health because of my allergy cough LOL! I didn't want to waste my day there instead of hanging out at the machines.

Stephanie- Congrats to your daughter on her winning! I'm sorry that you had such a rough time with your kids the other day. When my family first bought this house, my parents and the upstairs people sort of got along. Mostly my mom was forced to pretend to get along with her brother in order to appease my grandmother (sounds familiar, right?). Our first year living in this house, my father and uncle almost had a knock down, drag out the week before my First Communion.

Andrea- I'm almost always the first one in a situation wanting to watch or help. Where I use to work, that was frowned upon but, at this place, they're all about letting me help in situations. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I've never been to an ER...but I hobbled through one when I fractured my foot to get an X-Ray and it seemed like a rather horrible place.

Becky- My sister and I could never (and will never) buy a house together. We're too different and we'd drive each other crazy...or her husband would start issues.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

For sharing....

I'll be back tonight to catch up. I need to get dinner started......

Happy Birthday By Luvmyfam

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello there I had a great time at the scrapbook store. I have to take a pic of the stuff I did. it is cute

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, how fun to be invited out to Happy Hour with coworkers. I hope you went and had fun. I remember doing that when I was younger. I didn't drink then because I was underage. I found that ordering a coke/diet coke was perfect. Once ordered, no one questioned it because they just assumed it contained alcohol. Wouldn't your aunt and uncle have to follow the same laws as other landlords? There are usually laws about maintaining property to a certain standard for the tenants.

Becky, I assume Mike's goal is to finish before the snow returns? Are you taking before & after pics?

Stetz, that procedure looked painful for Gregg. I'm sorry you had a horrendous drive home. I'm glad you made it back safely. Boo on Shelby's snitfit. I'm glad she apologized. That's life with a girl (at least girls like ours). The snitfits get fewer and farther in between. My feelings would have also been hurt by Elias, too. I'm sure that wasn't his intention, of course. Part time dads often end up being the "fun parent," which sucks for the parent on the front line raising a responsible human being. Congrats to Shelby on her wins!

Andrea, that's a LOT of people to hire! That must mean business is good. Yay for DD making the transition to contacts. My older 2 did, #3 had no desire. I wore them for years, but my eyes are too dry for that anymore. OUCH on DH's cut! Yikes. How sweet of you to cover the shift for the surprise baby shower girl.

Danielle, our cats always get freaked out when we get out our suitcases. Sometimes I have to move the suitcases when we are NOT having a trip, and the poor things get spooked. They know it means we are leaving. They will climb in and out of the suitcases while we pack.

My last ER visit involved just sitting and doing nothing for at least an hour. The ER doc wanted to make sure all was going to be OK before releasing me. Booooring. The longest ER visits I ever experienced were with Terry's grandma. The local hospital is also the county hospital. The wait alone could sometimes exceed 5 hours. Just when I thought they would call her, someone would come in bleeding or stroking out, and we would have to wait longer. The nerve of those people, LOL!

The hospital I delivered my 3 at was 45-60 minutes. I thought I was going to deliver Stephen on the freeway shoulder! We made it to hospital at 7am. He was born fourteen minutes later.

kathy101
Idol
kathy101
In response to Luvmyfam

Hello Ladies,

I am just poping in to say hi to you all.

Are any of you doing any of the NSD challenge?
I am still not sure which ones I am going to do.

But I am hosting one. It is a card sketch challenge.
I know a few of you ladies already know about it but who ever else would like to join in I would like to invite you. There will be a prize given out so you don't want to miss out on the fun.

Well I hope everyone is doing well.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to kathy101

Hiya? Went to see "The Jungle Book" with a friend yesterday (I'd already seen it but he didn't) and we booked our tickets to see "Captain America: Civil War" next Saturday while we were there. Movies like that are serious business for the two of us since he's a comic book geek and I'm Marvel fan so we always book in advance and make sure to have proper outfits for the movie. (I'm having issues this time, though, because my go-to Avenger outfit is Black Widow but she's Team Iron Man and I'm FIRMLY Team Captain America.) Today, because it was icky and rainy, I hung around the house and read.

Jen- It was fun going out with the other techs. They'd asked in advance if I drank and I told them I didn't. Since they didn't press the issue, I didn't come up with a reason why. Technically, there are no landlords here...both families were supposed to take care of the house equally but that went out the window when everyone started fighting.

Kathy- I'd love to participate in NSD but I'm so not a good enough scrapbooker to do so. I just like to watch.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Ashley do you think your allergies could be from mold with the whole bathroom situation you have going on there?

Jen that is our hope to have it done by fall and yes I've been taking pictures as we go.

We had uniform pick up for Trevor Saturday and his first game is tonight.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning! Weekend was OK until yesterday. Then it's just the same ole same ole. Andrew didn't like my tone of voice when I responded to the same question I had been asked 10 different times in 2 days...and was rather sick and tired of being asked. So, he threw his little tissy fit...DH took his side...and of course...I'm always the bad person. Motherhood is so wonderful...nobody ever appreciates the things you do, but the minute you scr#w up, then they are so quick to rake you over the coals!

Andrea, I'd be pretty annoyed having to make that drive for every Dr. appointement. I though half hour was bad enough! LOL

Ashley, I sure don't understand why your parents stay in the building if it is that bad with the family living upstairs. Sometimes, it seems like they'd rather stay there so they can complain. We all went to see the Jungle Book Friday night...it was good!

Danielle...woohoo for having such a wonderful time at the sb store!

Joanie...thanks about DD. She is always so hard on herself. She's really good at art, but the problem is, she doesn't like to take her time with it, so half the stuff she does doesn't look as good as it could.

Jen, I knew you would totally get the DD thing...yes...daughters like ours! You do give me hope though that it will get better...and someday, I do believe it'll stop! It was irrational for me to have my feelings hurt by DS choosing to go...doesn't change the fact that I did! LOL I don't think I would've waited at an ER like that...I'm sure you had no choice, but I would've probably walked out and traveled to another. Where I live...there are plenty surrounding us, so I have choices.

Hi Kathy! I'm not doing any challenges...my hands are too full just taking care of life right now.

Becky, this is for baseball, right? I signed DS up for football Saturday morning. He'll be playing tackle. Of course, when Andrew found out, he had to put his 2 cents in about how dangerous and stupid of a sport it was. I told Elias to tell him he was just too scared to play it, and he did! LOL

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Yes baseball. That Andrew sounds like he can be a real jerk sometimes. Trevor plays flag as he doesn't want to play tackle. He claims he's quitting when he gets too old for flag. Which is fine by me I don't really care one way or the other.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Stetz- sorry to hear about stuff you going threw with Andrew . I hope things get better for you.

well today it is a nice day here. I have to go see my trainer today later one and I have one more time with her after this one. she was tell us when you get sore is eat a pickle and that help your soreness. I take dogs for a walk today.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz lol on ds telling Andrew he was to scared to play it. I have a feeling in some ways it is true. Good for you letting ds play what he wants even if gregg and andrew are wrestling fans. I am not a wrestling fan infact i hate it but i would never tell some one who wants to do it not to.
I have a feeling Andrew is wise to the problems he is causing. I have a good feeling he picks fights with you to get his way with his Dad. I am sorry he cant be more mature about the situation.

Ashley glad you had a good time at the movies with your friend.

Jen how is dd doing?

Becky my ds started with flag and when he switched he was nervous but ended up liking it more. Its great that you dont push him and let him choose for himself.

I worked all week and most of the weekend. I did get some mothers day cards finished for an order. I went thru some pictures and printed a few to get ready for nsd. I need to print a few more. I have not done a lo in a year and a half but i am going to this weekend. I already have the weekend set aside.

Ashley maybe if you tried a challenge it would inspire you to get better. Pick some sketches to use. You can not get better if you don't try different things.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

sharing

mothers day By Andrea M

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Yes, Andrew can definitely be a class A jerk sometimes! I am beyond ready for him to graduate and move out. His dad wants him to stay here and go to the local 2 year college before moving on to a 4 yr, but I'm hoping he'll at least choose to go to his mom's for the 2 year college. I cannot do this another 3 years!

Becky, I was hoping DS would start with flag, but they only do flag K-3rd grade. 4th and up start tackle. It's fine by me b/c I know they will teach them the proper way to tackle.

Danielle, I've never heard that eating a pickle will help with soreness!

Andrea, I could care less what anyone thinks...I'm a firm believe in letting kids do what they want and not being bullied by others to do something they don't. DS hates wrestling. I will say, DH was happy about the football, and he doesn't feel the same way that Andrew does. At first he acted like Andrew too, but he came around quickly. Andrew definitely knows how to play his dad.

Good job on getting the cards done...you are busy! Is it tiring? Or do you love it? Remember when I said I was going to do a layout? Well, I got the background done...then that was that! LOL

Well...maybe I'm being a B****...but tonight, DS and DD are both going to be gone...and I'm not doing anything for those 2. I told DH yesterday I was sick of doing everything and getting treated like cr*p by everyone, so when they come asking for dinner...I'm going to tell them I haven't a clue as I'm done doing it all.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

What's really funny about the football VS. wrestling. Not one single player has gotten seriously injured on football in the last 2 years. Not one single player has caught skin outbreaks or impetigo. But, 2 years ago, Andrew got a concussion from being slammed on the mat and couldn't wrestle regionals. Another kid got his arm broke. Last winter...a kid gave Andrew impetigo, which ended up keeping him from wrestling for about 2 months. Skin disease spreading is a huge problem due to the lack of cleanliness, sweat, and skin to skin contact in wrestling. Hmmm...I wonder which one I'd rather have my son in???

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

sharing

just chicken in By Andrea M

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Stetz, I actually think your emotions with DS were rational! I would have been hurt, too. I guess it could depend, though. If I were in a strong place, I would probably laugh. In an exhausted place, it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. DH's grandma had to go to that one ER. Around here, you have to go to the ER your health plan is assigned to. If you have no health plan, then the County ER is where you go. It just stinks if your health plan makes you go to the county one, which was her case. I love what Andrea said about Andrew. I bet she's right! Yikes on the wrestling stats!

ITA with Stetz that moms are under appreciated, but Heaven help them when they make a mistake. When the kids were in high school, we started a scrounge night. On that night everyone scrounged for themselves. They could make a sandwich, heat up soup, heat up leftovers, scramble eggs, or make whatever they wanted. Rules were no bought food, and we kept an eye on the nutrition (but didn't go nuts if they skipped veggies that night). It was a nice break for me, and I think it taught them to appreciate things more. The rule applied to DH, too!

I don't know if I told everyone this, but recently I spend the day at a friend's home. I noticed that her kids thanked her for each and every meal. I thought that was different.....we never thought to have our kids do that. It makes total sense, though. I think it's great. It teaches kids not to take us feeding them for granted.

Becky, are you a bit relieved that Trevor doesn't want to play tackle? I was relieved that Scott never went past flag football. Water polo was a scary sport to watch, but probably less scary than tackle. Although....Stetz's wrestling vs football stats puts things into perspective!

Danielle, if you try the pickle, let me know if it works.

Ashley, I think you should participate in NSD. You are talented and these challenges help everyone to improve their skills. But only do it if you are having fun. That's great that you have so much fun with the movies.

Andrea, Shawna is feeling better. She has gotten breaks in the afternoon from the 24-hour sickness. I can tell that she's feeling better just by looking at her. I was buying some albums from the superstore here, and I was checking out some cloud dies. One of your cards came up as an example! I ended up buying the dies.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? I have a new trainer this week at the lab and, well, I'm not sure why she's a trainer. She doesn't like new people and doesn't like to explain things and just gets a bad attitude when asked questions or asked to walk through things once more. (And it's not just me...ever other tech who trained under her said the same thing). I'm not sure how I'm supposed to learn anything from her unless I'm learning how to deal with hard to deal with co-workers.

Becky- Nope...I have just run of the mill seasonal allergies. They've just been crazier than normal because it'll be warm for weeks and then BOOM! cold for weeks. Everything blooms at once.

Stephanie- YIKES! Those are some crazy stats about wrestling but I could imagine the skin to skin contact causing infections. Sorry you had a rough time with Andrew and his snarky attitude. As for the situation with the house here, part of why we don't leave is because we can't afford it. Thanks to all the hipsters and the gentrification, we can't get an apartment or another house in our own neighborhood.

Andrea- I really like using sketches. I was using them when I was working on my Disney album since it made the pages so much easier to do LOL!

Jen- My friend and I take our comic book movies very seriously...we were supposed to go see "Batman vs Superman" in, well, Batman (him) and Superman (me but I declared myself Supergirl) shirts but he didn't get his shirt in time. My mom thinks it's silly but I call it "dressing for the occasion" LOL!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Jen I'm not sure I'd say I'm relieved he does want to play tackle. Well maybe a little. I'm glad to hear Shawna is feeling better.

I used to use sketches all the time back when I when I scrapbooked.

Stetz- Aly wants to try wrestling maybe I should tell her about these skin infections and it would change her mind. I'm a little nervous about letting my girl wrestle.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! So, DH & I had it out last night... much needed...and we're better for it. Afterwards, we had a good evening together. The one thing I did have a problem with was him saying that Andrew & I needed to sit down and hash things out...which in itself isn't a problem...the problem is, a couple of months ago in the same situation, I did that...I apologized for where I was wrong, and I told him if I did or said something that was hurtful or bothered him, he needed to come to me then and make me aware. I put the ball in his court...he's 17...he wants to be treated and to act like an adult...so do it. Instead, he has chosen to make his list of things I've done over the last couple of months, then suddenly hit me with all of them through Gregg. I will talk with Andrew, but he'll have to come to me.

Here's my issue...so tell me what you think. Andrew claims he doesn't feel love from me...that he did when Gregg & I were dating and when we first got married, but as time goes by, he doesn't. He claims that I treat him much differently than I do my kids. So, almost every day, I cook dinner, set the table, clean it all up. (PS, my family does thank me for meals). Every weekend, I gather everyone's laundry, I wash it and fold it, all they have to do is put it away. When I vacuum, I vacuum all the kids rooms and the hallways and kitchen. I do the grocery shopping every week...and they are allowed to put whatever they want on the grocery list and they get it. I plan movie nights and dinners out with the family to have fun times together. I planned and arranged our vacations and have put all the work into getting all the necessary paperwork for the kids along with clothes needed. I do all of this for all of them.

My kids spend time with us. They watch TV with us, hang out with us. Go places with us. Andrew sits in his room and plays video games any time he is not required to be outside of his room. OK...so Andrew says my tone of voice is "hostile", I claim frustrated/annoyed. Not every time, but there are times when I'm overwhelmed or whatever, and when anybody asks me something, I will snap or answer frustrated. Gregg said last night that he's learned in living with me to not take it personally, it's just how I am when I am overwhelmed/frustrated. I do the same to my kids..and they don't hold grudges...they just give me space and let it go. Gregg, DS and DD walk in grace and love with me, and give me room to not always be in the perfect frame of mind.

Andrew on the other hand, doesn't walk in grace with me. Gregg even commented that Andrew doesn't walk in grace with anyone. Andrew expects every one to walk this perfect line of sweet tone of voice, patient answers, kindness in every word and deed. And Heaven forbid when we fall short, because there is he11 to pay! So....he claims I don't love him, because I don't always every single time, respond to him in this manner.

Nothing I do for him seems to matter or carry any weight. I am judged simply on a bad day. So, because I was frustrated Sunday afternoon because I had a list of things to get done, and I only had a couple of hours to do them since we were going to a friends for dinner, because I dropped a black sharpie on a brand new shirt and was trying everything I could to get it out, because I had been asked the same stupid question about going to Walmart 10 times in two days, because I was frustrated....then he says "every time I talk to him or answer him, I am hostile".

Oh my...I know that was long, but I really needed to get that out.

Jen, thanks for the empathy! It would've definitely hit me differently with DS wanting to go if DD hadn't already totally blown up at me and hurt me so much. Is the health plan situation still the same in that area? I know with ours, we definitely get cheaper rates going in-network, but we have a lot of in-network to choose from here. Scrounge night is a good idea...we don't have a set night, but there are 1 or 2 a week, I do get a break either with us eating leftovers or going out.

I'm glad Shawna is starting to feel better. I can't even imagine having morning sickness...not to mention all day sickness. Ugh! How far along is she now? I love seeing those cute little baby bumps! I would have another in a heartbeat if it were at all logical!

Ashley...learning to deal with and work with hard to work with people is a necessary skill to learn...because you will have them wherever you go...unless you work alone...and not too many people get that luxury! Is your family stuck living in your neighborhood? With both your parents retired, couldn't they move to the outskirts somewhere?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky, it's a harder sport for girls...only because it is predominately boys. If she does do it, then you need to stay on top of clean skin...not because of her...but because of everyone else. Get antibacterial soap for her to bathe with after every practice and meet. There is also some kind of spray you can buy to put on her before she wrestles to protect her from catching anything. I don't know if it is as bad everywhere else as it is here, but I know it is terrible here. Every year, I see these boys get awful cases of impetigo...and their face and neck looks awful!

Oh and ringworm...I think every year, Andrew has gotten ringworm somehow.

Edited by StarsNSparkles on 05-03-16 05:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Stetz I really have no advise but I'm can only imagine how complicated the whole step family situation has to be. I don't think I could ever love someone else's kid as much as my own. I get like you when I get frustrated too and my family seems to just overlook it as well. My kids don't thank me for meals and I don't expect them to. I feel that is my job as their parent. I mean if I go get them something specific they ask for the will but not in general when they get a meal. I never even thought to make them say thank you for something like that.

Wrestling is huge here and I've never heard of the skin issues. But that doesn't mean they don't exist as I'm sure it's not something people would be bragging about.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz hugs. I have bad days just like you and snap especially when i am doing everything and no one is helping. It sounds to me like andrew needs to get over his whinny self. He is 17 for peat sake and wants to be coddled. It sounds to me that he will come up with any excuse of why it is someones fault if he is not getting his way. Maybe if he did more with the family he would feel the love. Glad you had a talk with Gregg sadly I think Andrew will stay the same and it wont change. He is so used to having no rules and always getting his way with his dad. Now there are more people involved and rules to follow.

I was cranky yesterday with the dentist. We went back for a cleaning. they do the whole deal then call me back to tell me i really need to take ds to an adult dentist they do a better cleaning and can help him more. He is very prone to cavitys no matter how much he brushes and flosses. I am ok with that but why not tell me that on our last visit now i just used my six month cleaning on the insurance and he needs to be seen somewhere else. Just annoying. No one else in town is a preferred provider and they give me numbers of dentist 2 hours away. I looked at him and said nope not happening. I am taking him to dh's dentist but the pay out is not the same. It was just annoying to me. Then ds said you were kinda rude. Ugg that kid got an ear full.

Today is a softball game and bbq for dd's school ball. another mom and i have been organizing it. It should be fun hope it stays nice out.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Is that normal to have different dentists for kids? Here we all go to the same dentist. I don't know of any places that are just for kids. Must be different in different parts of the country. I'd of been ticked off too that you burned your 6 month visit on that and agree they could have told you that at the last visit.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky, no, definitely not something they brag about! LOL I only know because I have a kid on the team, and I do believe that I heard it is more prone in this area...especially one or two schools that are really lax and bad about cleaning their mats. Those mats are plastic...get them hot and sweaty, and they are a perfect breeding ground to stuff.

I think that is a big difference with blood children and step children. They can easily overlook the grouchy attitude and occasional frustrated snap...but a step kid is always looking for the difference. I don't intentionally treat Andrew any differently, I never leave him out of anything and I never do something for my kids that I would refuse to do for him. But...my kids will come up and love on me...sit with me, give me hugs...Andrew doesn't do that. There is a big difference between the love and bond of parent and child and parent and step-child.

I did ask Gregg last night...can you say in the last year that Shelby has grown and matured and doesn't act anything like she used to except on the rare occasion...and he said yes...and I said, now can you say the same for Andrew...and he said no. Andrew wants everyone around him to change, but he refuses to. He gets mad and can talk to us like dirt and walk out on a conversation, and that is just fine...because it's "in the heat of the moment," IDK...I'm just ready for him to go to his mom's for the summer and get a break from him.

Andrea...ugh on the dentist issue! That was terribly rude of them to do that to you...and selfish too...because I have no doubt they did it for the one final payment!!

Becky, I've taken both my kids to children's dentist when they needed fillings...but it was because our regular dentist didn't have the gas that would calm them so she could do the work. I wasn't too hip on my child getting that huge shot in the mouth without something to calm them first. For regular check-ups though, they just go to the family dentist.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Stetz, I actually think your emotions with DS were rational! I would have been hurt, too. I guess it could depend, though. If I were in a strong place, I would probably laugh. In an exhausted place, it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. DH's grandma had to go to that one ER. Around here, you have to go to the ER your health plan is assigned to. If you have no health plan, then the County ER is where you go. It just stinks if your health plan makes you go to the county one, which was her case. I love what Andrea said about Andrew. I bet she's right! Yikes on the wrestling stats!

ITA with Stetz that moms are under appreciated, but Heaven help them when they make a mistake. When the kids were in high school, we started a scrounge night. On that night everyone scrounged for themselves. They could make a sandwich, heat up soup, heat up leftovers, scramble eggs, or make whatever they wanted. Rules were no bought food, and we kept an eye on the nutrition (but didn't go nuts if they skipped veggies that night). It was a nice break for me, and I think it taught them to appreciate things more. The rule applied to DH, too!

I don't know if I told everyone this, but recently I spend the day at a friend's home. I noticed that her kids thanked her for each and every meal. I thought that was different.....we never thought to have our kids do that. It makes total sense, though. I think it's great. It teaches kids not to take us feeding them for granted.

Becky, are you a bit relieved that Trevor doesn't want to play tackle? I was relieved that Scott never went past flag football. Water polo was a scary sport to watch, but probably less scary than tackle. Although....Stetz's wrestling vs football stats puts things into perspective!

Danielle, if you try the pickle, let me know if it works.

Ashley, I think you should participate in NSD. You are talented and these challenges help everyone to improve their skills. But only do it if you are having fun. That's great that you have so much fun with the movies.

Andrea, Shawna is feeling better. She has gotten breaks in the afternoon from the 24-hour sickness. I can tell that she's feeling better just by looking at her. I was buying some albums from the superstore here, and I was checking out some cloud dies. One of your cards came up as an example! I ended up buying the dies.

I try it and it works

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky yes kids dentist are very normal here. they see 18 and under. Its more kid friendly they have movies playing over head so kids can watch while there teeth are being cleaned. They give cool bags with all the tooth care stuff in it . Kids get a prize and they do a drawing monthly for a large prize. My ds won one of the big prizes once. My kids are a little old for it but its normal here. we had them in wa. too.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Stetz that is a great comparison of Andrew and shelby. Maybe it made Gregg think a little more.

I hope the summer off will help things.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Stetz I really have no advise. I am sorry that you are going threw this with Andrew. Glad you had a talk with Gregg .

well today is a nice day here. today is my grandma birthday and I need to call her. nothing else the same old stuff I do work out and take dogs for a walk.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Our regular dentist does all of that stuff too. There is one hygienist who does most of the kids as she is amazing with them. I believe our dentist also has the gas as I think Rachel might of gotten it once. She's the only one who has ever needed a filling and Mike took her so I'm not positive. But almost think I remember him talking about her being a bit loopy.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Becky, your pretty lucky that one dentist can cater to kids while still serving adults. I would have preferred not to travel for my children...especially DD as hers was 1 1/2 hour drive each way.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Andrea...I will say by the end of me and DH's conversation, he was a little more open to seeing the error in Andrew rather than just blaming me and catering to him. He admitted both the lack of maturity and the inability to walk in grace with people. I wasn't looking to score points in the arena...just get DH to understand it wasn't all me.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I know you were not looking to score points. But i am glad he sees it. He needs to understand that Andrew will graduate soon and needs to be prepared for life as a grown up. I am a full believer that rules and Keeping to your word helps children in the maturity level to no end.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

I'm so glad I have all of you...friends to talk to and share stuff with. Sometimes, I just feel like I'm bottling all of this up, and I'm going to just explode. It's so hard sometimes to keep living life daily dealing with the same stuff over and over and over, especially when I don't see any solution or end in sight.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Stetz, vent here whenever you need to. Shawna would do the same as Andrew. Hole up in her room, then accuse us of not spending time with her. We would even set up family events, but she would throw a fit to get out of them. Like A, she was very sensitive to the slightest snap. Heaven help me when I had an actual meltdown! And I am her bio mom! She would still accuse me of not loving her. There is no winning with people like this. I laughed when she admitted that if she has a girl, her fear is that the baby will be just like her, LMAO!

I'm not sure how the health plan situation is here anymore. We belong to Kaiser, so we mostly get one-stop health care under one roof. People in the networks do pay more when they go outside the network. One ongoing problem with the network care (like Blue Cross) is that the hospitals are always dropping the contracts. People can find docs in the plan, but not a hospital that the doc can work at, or visa versa. DH's company plan only offered one network, and when I looked into it, there were very, very few service providers in our area, but the hospital thing wasn't an issue. Thankfully my company offered decent medical, but taking it meant giving up the medical allowance we got when I waived their insurance.

Ashley, yes....you get to learn how to deal with difficult people, LOL! There is always something to learn, even in crummy situations. Keep in mind, too, that sometimes you learn the most from the most difficult supervisors. It takes time to realize that, though.

Andrea, are they recommending that he be seen by another dentist now, rather than in 6 months? How irritating.

There are a few kids' dentists here, too, but our kids have always gone to our dentists.

We got burned on our 6 months dental cleaning once when the pushy receptionist insisted that we come in the end of December to accommodate the office schedule. I wanted to stay with our already scheduled Jan appointments, but caved. In January she called and had to admit that we came in 1 month too early, and would have to pay for the visit out-of-pocket (vs fully covered). Grrrrr.

Becky, I would be nervous if I had a girl interested in wrestling, too. Are there many girls that wrestle? Do boys and girls wrestle each other? It's been decades since Scott was in wrestling.

Danielle, that's interesting that the pickle works. I wonder what the science is behind it.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen yes he has to have cavitys taken care of.

That dentist office should have aate the charges since they messed up. I cant stand it when dr. do stuff like that.

Glad my card made you buy dies lol. I am guessing it is the paper smooches cloud dies. I think those are the only ones i have.

Stetz we are happy to listen anytime.

The bbq went well. we ran out of burgers though. We bought 80 to cook and did not have enough. Its funny cause i dont know where all these people came from. they dont come watch their kids games. Last night there were only about 5 parents.

Edited by andrea m on 05-03-16 07:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today was day two of working with a grumpy trainer...mostly she just belittled my taking notes on everything (um...but then how was I supposed to remember how to do things until I get good at them) and sent me off to do things like finding lost tubes of blood and making sure the pending log (the list of all the work that needs to get done) was clean. Oh and change diluents....I must have changed like 10 boxes of them today and those suckers are heavy!

Becky- There are girl wrestling teams?! That's a new one on me! (Though wrestling isn't exactly a huge sport in this part of NYC).

Stephanie- I'm sorry to hear about the situation with Andrew and how he's feeling towards you. My sister was like that when she was living here. If you didn't talk nicely to her and do everything she wanted and spend ever second listening to her, you had "bad attitude" towards her and she judged you on it. I never did figure out the solution to how to get around that. My mom doesn't want to move from the area because all my grandmother's friends and doctors are here...and my grandmother's 88 and at the point where she can't be alone anymore.

Andrea- My parents, sister, and I all use to go to the same dentist when my sister and I were kids. I guess there are probably kid dentists and adult ones...why not? Anything to make money!

Jen- I'm trying to learn since these machines are one of the biggest parts of the lab. You're not much use to anyone if you can't run them.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Had a good evening last night...woohoo! I'm trying to learn and do as DH asked, so when A did something that upset me, I immediately dealt with it. I had told him before not to do something and DH agreed and seconded it (this was months ago).

Well, yesterday after seeing that he had done it again (which isn't the first time I seen it), I said to A, I've told you before, do not do this...and again DH agreed and seconded it. Later, I took DH aside and said, you want me to tell you when things bother me rather than hold it in, so I'm going to. You & I have both told him not to do this, but because he doesn't see the point and doesn't agree with it, he just doesn't do it. I don't care if it is the stupidist thing in the world...if we as parents say not to do it, then don't do it. A thinks he can do whatever he wants if he thinks his reasons makes more sense, so just disregards us. DH totally agreed, and said he was going to have a talk with A concerning stuff like this and point out why there seems to be ongoing tension with him.

Jen, lol...I will say my DD differs from yours in the snap area...if I snapped, she might get huffy, but mostly she knows that it isn't her I'm really upset with and just leaves me alone...or sometimes even will ask me what happened at work. On the other hand...I often got the "I don't love her" accusation, but that would stem from not bending over and kissing her butt every time she wanted. LOL on her saying that about having a girl...I'm actually kind of looking forward to DD having one some day...and apologizing to me!! HAHA

We had a choice for health insurance, one option was a lot cheaper on premiums, but the out of pocket costs were pretty high...and the doctors in-network were very few. After calculating that we would be paying max out of pocket due to Gregg's condition, we chose the plan with higher monthly premiums, but much better co-pays and lots more in-network doctors!

As for wrestling here, we do not have any girl wrestling teams. At a meet where there are 10 teams or so, we may see one girl on one of the teams. Usually, it's a forfeit match because there isn't a boy in that low of a weight category.

Andrea, isn't that funny how people always seem to show up when their is food involved? Was it free food? I feel so sorry for kids whose parents don't give a rip!

Ashley...the most important part of working with a hard to work with person, is just kill them with kindness...do what they say no matter how stupid...grumble in your head if you must, but don't let it show on your face! This too shall pass and you won't have to work with them forever! Well, I would think if your parents were that bothered with the living situation, they would do something about it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

There aren't girls wrestling teams. Girls wrestle with the boys. One of my cousins daughters was doing it for awhile. Most of the time girls only do it when they are young. I think my sister-in-law did it when she was a kid too. Not many wrestle thru high school. I don't think our high school team had any girls but I know some in the state did. One of Trevor's friends has a cousin who is a girl wrestling at the state level and was really good.

Ashley dealing with people like that is going to happen to you no matter where you work.

Andrea I find it so odd when parents don't go to the games. Especially home games.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Stetz I'm glad you had a good night and seemed to work out a way to deal with his issues.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz glad you had a good night and were able to talk to dh right away.

The bbq was a potluck type thing. Another parent and i paid for the 80 hamburgers. everyone else brought condiments, buns, salads and deserts. I know some people did not bring anything. There were a ton of people. We have had a lot of home games and some of these people i had never seen before.

Most places dont have girls wrestling as not enough girls want to wrestle. I know that girls wrestling makes the guys very uncomfortable because of where they have to grab. I have seen guys forfeit and refuse to wrestle. My dh wrestled one girl in high school that was ranked high because most of her matches were forfeits, no one in her class, or guys lost because of being uncomfortable. My dh said if she wanted to wrestle with the guys he would not treat her any different. In their match she ended up with a broken collar bone. She was not really a good enough wrestler to be in that class and had no business there. Then he said people were mad cause she got hurt. Parents need to stop and think before putting any kid in a sport injuries can happen and you have to be prepared for that. Guys should not have to feel they have to go easy on another wrestler that defeats the purpose of the sport.

I know when i sign my kids up for football ans softball that they may get injured. I also make sure they have all the equipment they need to prevent that.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Stetz I'm glad you had a good night

well today is another nice day here. I am try to clean the spare bedrooms and go threw my shoes that I don't wear or don't fit me any more. well I am going to work out and later on take dogs for a walk. we should hit the 80's here in the afternoon here.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I completely agree with you Andrea and do not feel that the guys should go easy on the girls. If they choose to wrestle they should be treated exactly the same as the boys would be. The girls who I've heard of that wrestled around here I don't believe the guys forfeited but I could be mistaken as I don't really know the details. I'll just hope Aly forgets the whole wrestling idea and goes with basketball!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Mothers Day card By Southern Lady

here is one of the birdhouse I made at the scrapbook store. it gose with my kitchen stuff

bird house By Southern Lady

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ghosting??

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Stetz, we are ghosting. Is it time to start a new thread, if you have time?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Andrea, yes....the paper smooches cloud dies. Your card showed up again in my email as a "project I might be interested in." That's crazy about the burgers! Back to the dentist, is it odd that the kids' dentist couldn't do a thorough cleaning job? I would think they should be capable of what an "adult" dentist can do, but perhaps using different tools or methods. I would yelp them a bad review, unless you have to go back there for other reasons! I completely agree with you on girls and sports.

Ashley, Stetz is totally right about killing difficult people with kindness. It usually works quite well. Someone (or two) criticized DD about her copious note taking when she first started working at my company. Taking notes is important, but make sure you are not overdoing. Trust yourself to remember when you come across something that you are pretty certain you will remember. If that makes sense!

Stetz, I'm glad you had a good night. I'm sure it will be a 2 steps forward, one back, kind of thing. It always is with big changes like that. I would have gone with your medical plan, too, in your shoes.

Becky, basketball would be fun. My DD did that for a season and she seemed to have a great time, despite having a coach who loved to yell. He was an idiot.

Danielle, that bird house is adorable.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Question about NSD....I know we mentioned this a bit, but who is participating this year? How do you feel about the "judging" aspect vs random draws for winners?

I will participate, but I hate the thought of being judged. I really don't care what other people think, but knowing I may be judged takes away some of the fun for me. I would rather create and participate. But.....I know others out there prefer the judging. I read through a few challenges and my style isn't unique (a word that keeps coming up), and it definitely doesn't fit some of the twists they are suggesting.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen I am participating in nsd. I do it for fun and if i win great. I did notice last years winner were all levels of skill and not just the design team type people.

I think the unique criteria is wierd what is unique to one may not be to another. I honestly dont think anything is really unique in crafting anymore. I just plan to make stuff i would like to have in my albums or cards i want to send to someone. I am not wasting my expensive stuff making lo that dont fit with my style or what i am doing in my albums. to me it is just a waste of time, money and energy to do that. If they like what i create great but what will matter is that i like it.

We have had a ghost page for awhile now.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Good morning! Yesterday was good...of course...I was gone until almost 7..LOL. I took DD dress shopping for graduation. She went easy on me...it was a $52 dress that I got on sale for $20! I was pretty thrilled with that! She's working on decorating the top of her graduation cap...I think that's pretty cool. No one did that back when I was in HS, but it really wasn't a thing back then. None of this crafty stuff was a thing back then, not that I was aware of anyway.

I agree on the wrestling...or any sport. If a girl wants to play it, then they should be treated like any other person on the team. I haven't seen a guy forfeit a match b/c they didn't want to wrestle a girl, but I have not seen a girl win a match against a guy either.

Jen, not participating in NSD, but I agree on the judging aspect. That's the whole point (I thought) of NSD...was to have it random as to who won, that way everyone had a fair chance.

The LOs I don't care for that I've made, have always been layouts I've done to meet a challenge requirement. I've taken some apart after the challenge.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

New Page is up!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/16622...

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Andrea, yes....the paper smooches cloud dies. Your card showed up again in my email as a "project I might be interested in." That's crazy about the burgers! Back to the dentist, is it odd that the kids' dentist couldn't do a thorough cleaning job? I would think they should be capable of what an "adult" dentist can do, but perhaps using different tools or methods. I would yelp them a bad review, unless you have to go back there for other reasons! I completely agree with you on girls and sports.

Ashley, Stetz is totally right about killing difficult people with kindness. It usually works quite well. Someone (or two) criticized DD about her copious note taking when she first started working at my company. Taking notes is important, but make sure you are not overdoing. Trust yourself to remember when you come across something that you are pretty certain you will remember. If that makes sense!

Stetz, I'm glad you had a good night. I'm sure it will be a 2 steps forward, one back, kind of thing. It always is with big changes like that. I would have gone with your medical plan, too, in your shoes.

Becky, basketball would be fun. My DD did that for a season and she seemed to have a great time, despite having a coach who loved to yell. He was an idiot.

Danielle, that bird house is adorable.

thanks I have one more I did

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Luvmyfam

can anyone tell me how on earth to insert an image i wanted to share on jaff my layouts but it wont let me copy and paste and it shows text when i copy a url???
tia!!

New Kid On the Block

Does anyone do card swap in here

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Zaluga80

If you look under the swaps section of the forums, you will find all kinds of swaps to join.

Page 271 of 271 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics