Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

That lifeguard I was telling you guys about most of gotten fired. He wasn't there last night!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Becky Scraps

Good morning! TGIF! Tonight is the Homecoming game and tomorrow Homecoming! YAY It's going to be a fun weekend! I feel pretty good, but my lymph nodes are still swollen. I haven't been tested for Mono and no, I've not had any kind of fever. I'm starting to get paranoid though...I want them to go away!!!

Mandi, how is Brooke doing this morning?

Alissa, lol, bad hand writing is hard in those early years. I wanted so bad to see neat and pretty handwriting from the kids.

Shatema, when I first had to take DS to daycare, for the first month, he would cry every time I dropped him off, they literally had to pull him off of me, and it was torture walking away with him literally screaming for me!! But, the good news is, they do get used to it and the crying does stop. Just hang in there.

Ashley, staring at a wall for 8 hours...that would drive me insane. I just don't think I could do it. YAY for the rotation at this one being almost over. Hopefully the rest of the hospitals will be nice! Thankfully, March is a ways away.

Jen, I remember you telling us about that guy...he was/is a nut! Well, like I said, no job is absolutely perfect.

Becky, sometimes those weeks are going to happen, don't be hard on yourself. What all are you doing for your diet? Sorry to hear your feeling bad, I sure hope it doesn't last long. Seems like the flu bug hit early this year!

Yep, still had to deal with Paul last night, he just doesn't understand how I have lost my feelings for him. I swear, that man doesn't think right. He thinks its totally OK to continue to lie and do the same ole cr*p, but yet, I'm just going to love him as always. I may love him, but I don't want him...not anymore.

Well, if the lifeguard wasn't doing his job and a child could've drowned as a result, he deserved to get fired, IMO.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

I'm counting calories. Kind of. At first it was exact but now I'm just kind of keeping track of where I'm at calorie wise. I need to count exactly but that's really hard to measure if you are cooking at home. So I just find the closest thing and go with that. I'm cut out all regular soda and most treat and snack stuff. But I did have two cookies today. Oops.

I agree that he deserved to be fired.

Paul sounds like such a pain. Just because you love him doesn't mean you are in love with him. You have to do what is best for you and the kids.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Becky, are you using MFP? Have I asked that like 5 times now? On MFP, you can input your recipes and it will calculate the calories for you.

I must've missed the lifeguard story.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to runzalot81

No I'm not using it as it's to much fing around in my opinion. Plus Mike does most of the cooking so I don't even know what the ingriedents always are.

Basically a kid was floating face down and he didn't notice. But she was fine.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, yay on dancing going well.

Becky, I gave a good go at getting up early for exercise, too. It was quite a fail. My body just doesn't do mornings at all. Finding the best time to exercise is key. And....I hope you are feeling better quickly.

Fun plans this weekend?? Hmmm....I actually have no plans yet. I'm not sure what's on the agenda. First on my list, though, is sleeping in!

Stetz, when do you have to go back to the doctor?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

Sleeping in is always a good plan, Jen. I slept in until 7. DS tried to run me out of bed at 6...

How are you feeling today, Stephanie?

I'd have to get up at 4 am to work out in the mornings. Barf.

I finished a crafty project last night and another card this morning. Trying to love crafting again.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning! Homecoming has been wonderful! We won the game 31 to 30, and it sure was exciting to watch! The last 15 min we were on our feet the whole time! LOL Shelby looked absolutely gorgeous last night, wow, she is definitely growing up!!

We started tearing down this old house that sits in front of mine yesterday. My sister and her husband are helping...what a blessing!! I did get slapped in the eye with a branch, which I believe scratched my eyeball and was hurting intensely last night, but thankfully, that is all better this morning.

Lymph nodes are still swollen, and I'm noticing even more swelling. I put a post on FB about it and this lady I pretty much can't stand writes they are swollen to create antibodies to fight infection, um I know that...doesn't mean I can't whine! LOL I just need to figure out what the infection or underlying cause is.

Alissa...what has caused you to not love crafting atm? I'd rather sleep in a little longer, but I'm lucky if DS will let me sleep past 7 too.

Jen, I'm sure you and DH will come up with something fun to do this weekend...u usually do, even when you don't have plans. It's easy to get jealous of you! LOL

Becky, sometimes you just need a cookie...or two! Don't beat yourself up. My niece is pretty heavy and it's been hard for her living here with us "skinny" people. I wish I knew of a way to help her. She never had these insecurities (or as much) until she lived here and I don't want her to be like that.

Jen, I'm planning on going back to the doc sometime at the end of the week. Tues, she said one week...but I'll probably wait until at least Thurs or even the following week. If it is mono, which is a common cause of swollen lymph nodes, then there isn't anything they will give me anyway, it just has to run it's course about 3-4 weeks.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Sounds like you are having a pretty good weekend Stetz. Minus the branch to the eye.

We took some fundraiser stuff over to my grandma's yesterday. I did a few things around the house and went grocery shopping. Not a very exciting day but the kids slept in a bit so I can't complain. Today I have a bunch more cleaning to get done. Mike is off all of next week but Thursday so hopefully I can get him to get some stuff done for me. But he mostly works outside when it's nice enough. Oh well. That stuff needs to be done too.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Other than feeling run down, it's been a good weekend. My parents are supposed come over tonight, I think to bring seuvenirs..oh that spelling is awful..lol!

Becky, I need to clean too. I think I will start next week and do a room a night...some deep cleaning.

My home refi fell through, I'm so sad! I'm going to see if my BIL will hang some trim for me to finish up my dining room and bathroom. I'll try again in Nov with my bank.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Stetz, are you congested? Ibuprofen will help with the swelling. Sorry about the home refinance

I guess I got tired of crafting because I was just doing too much. Going back to work brought some changes for this school year. I'm determined to feed DS better food. He gets a healthy breakfast M-F and he can have the Lucky Charms or whatever on the weekends. He also takes his lunch everyday. He packs them while I'm cooking on Sundays. I cook everything on the weekends. During the week, I just have to heat things up. I'm also working out a lot. I've lost the 10 lbs and now I'm just trying to figure out how I should eat on a regular basis.

Things are getting in a groove and I'm feeling better

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Alissa...that's great news on the weight loss. Good idea to do the week's cooking on Sunday...lot of time spent in the kitchen, but I bet it is worth it.

No, I have no congestion, just the swelling. It wouldn't be so bad if they just didn't hurt.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I just ate a piece of the crumb-topped apple pumpkin pie I made last now. WOW.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Good evening!

Stetz, I saw the Homecoming pics on FB. They are wonderful! Horray for winning the game. I love close games like that. Did Shelby have a fun time at the dance? Ouch on the eye, boo on the no refi, and I hope you're feeling better quickly, before you have to go back into the docs.

Becky, we have stuff we need to get done outside, too. I do most of the inside (read: I get stuck with nearly all of the inside), so I usually make DH deal with the outside. He needs to deal!

Alissa, congrats on the 10 pounds! That's great. You've worked so hard for that.

This weekend did turn out fun for us. DH decided to go on a long Corvette cruise on Saturday. He wanted to drive to Big Basin near Santa Cruz. Note to self.....never trust DH's map skills We were totally off track. No problem, though. We stumbled over a beach which we hiked on, and accidentally came across a lighthouse!! That was pretty cool. It was a long day and I accomplished nothing. Oh well. Today we went downtown for a short time to walk through the Italian Art Festival. They had all sorts of cool chalk drawings. We saw one of those 3D ones. Kids were given sidewalk chalk and free reign of one part of the downtown plaza. Their drawings were adorable and they looked like they were having lots of fun. Other than that it's been the usual groceries, bills, laundry. Right now I'm roasting a chicken.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I forgot to add.....we never did make it to Big Basin . We came close, and techincally we drove through a small section of it. The part DH wanted to see, however, will now be scheduled for another day.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Hey girls. we spent sat in town shopping. ugh im not a shopper. dh decided we needed bikes so we could ride with the kids. So today after lunch we took a 5 and a half mile bike ride. i havent done that in for ever. it was nice though. we heard an elk buggaling and on the way back we got to watch him in the river. The bike trails are really nice hear almost 40 miles of paved trails.

Stetz glad shelby had a good time at the dance.

Jen some of the best weekends are those unplanned ones it sounds like you had a good time.

Alissa your pie sounds wonderfull. Im already wanting to start fall baking but no such luck here. my oven wont even hold my smallest cookie sheet.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, that is really cool about the elk and the bike trails. We have a long bike/walking trail in our county, the downside is it's in the HOT SUN. No shade whatsoever. There are some other great places to bike, but people here are serious! They have the fancy biking clothes and helmets. It's intimidating riding near them.

Wow, that must be a small oven! My DH's grandma had a tiny oven in her apartment. It would hold a small cookie sheet, and that was about it.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvmyfam

Hello ladies how is all doing. I am doing ok just tired of getting bad new apparently when it rains it pours my uncle (he married my mom sister) may have lung cancer. He go for some more test tomorrow and then go back for results thursday so can you plz keep in your prayers time to catch up now

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Good morning. Had a great visit with my parents yesterday.

Jen, sounds like a fabulous weekend again for you and DH! I think some of the best trips are the unplanned destinations...thats so cool finding a beach and a lighthouse! I would love to see some of those great chalk drawings in person, I bet that was really enjoyable!

Andrea, sounds like a nice day for you also, I always enjoyed bike riding. I have no way to get our bikes to the trails now though. I would love to do it again. Sorry you didn't have fun shopping though.

Alissa...that sounds yummy!

Shatema, so sorry to hear about your uncle, I sure hope everything turns out good for him!

I went to pull my space heater out of the bathroom closet today and found a dead mouse in a trap. No telling how long that little bugger has been there. I seriously hate mice! I won't touch them...not dead..not in a trap...I don't even like setting new traps. So, I've been racking my brain for someone to call on to help me with this, but I really just have no clue. I think my dad is coming this week to haul some siding off though, so I'll get him to help me. I'm a wimp!

Shelby had a fantastic time at the dance. She had a great experience for her first official dance and she couldn't have had a better family to go the whole 9 yards for her!! I was so happy for her! Thanks about the pics...the two of them were terrible about posing for us!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to babigirl

I hope your uncle gets some good results Shatema.

Jen and Andrea sounds like you both had good weekends.

Our cat got hit by a car last night. I'm a bit sad about it even though she was an outside cat. We've had her a couple years. Luckily Mike seen her and moved her before the kids seen her. I'm thinking we'll just tell them she ran away. I think my kids had enough death to deal with with teh lose of my dad.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

We most of been posting at the same time Stetz.

I'm glad Shelby had a nice time. I seem the pics on fb and she looked beautiful.

Yuck on the mouse.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Becky sorry about your cat. I think your right about the kids they have had enough.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Becky, sorry to hear about your cat. I hope even with it "running away", your kids aren't too upset. Poor little ones, I hate it when so much happens to them at once! Will you get a new one?

Thanks Becky.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Thanks guys. We still have her son so I don't think we will get another. At least not until Spring. We'll see how long it takes for them to notice she's missing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Jen I am doing ok just feel like its a lot going on in my life but I know God will never put more on me then I can bear and that I just have to be strong.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Becky I hope you and your household is feeling better. Yes i agree it is a good thing you are eating healthier and trust me i understand not finding time it def hard to do.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Becky Scraps Said:
That lifeguard I was telling you guys about most of gotten fired. He wasn't there last night!!

Well I think she sould have he was being way to carless

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Stetz she is def doing better. She did cry a little today but not alot. Yay for sticking to your grounds with Paul. Men just don't understand that you can only take so much before you just can't take it anymore

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Ashley, yay on dancing going well.

Becky, I gave a good go at getting up early for exercise, too. It was quite a fail. My body just doesn't do mornings at all. Finding the best time to exercise is key. And....I hope you are feeling better quickly.

Fun plans this weekend?? Hmmm....I actually have no plans yet. I'm not sure what's on the agenda. First on my list, though, is sleeping in!

Stetz, when do you have to go back to the doctor?

What no plans now that I find hard to believe very had to belive?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Stetz can't wait to see pictures of Shelby i bet she was so pretty. Sorry you are still feeling bad i hope you feel better soon and I hope your niece get better with her insecurites. I am so sorry she feels like that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Stetz sorry to hear the home refi fell through.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Alissa that's great news on the weight lost.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Jen I knew that you and your DH was going to do something yall have some of the best weekends.

Andrea the bike ride sounds great

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Stetz thanks and I am glad Shelby had a great time. I understand about mice because I feel the exact same way about them. I will not touch them. i do not want anything to do with them.

Becky- thank you and i am sorry that your cat got hi.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to babigirl

I wrote a post but the internet ate it.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Adding to the weird things that have happened since starting this dang program...one of the guys in my class today was joking around with me about taking the National Exam for him...I'm trying to convince him that's not possible because he's clearly Asian and I'm clearly not male and not Asian LOL...the professor (the one in charge of the Blood Banking unit) told him to leave me alone...we got to talking and I told her about the problems I was having on my current rotation...so she told me that she thought I was probably NOT cut out for working in a hospital lab...I was probably more research or reference lab material.

I'm not sure if I should take that as a complement or be insulted by that (this is the second person involved in this program that's told me that I probably wasn't meant to work in hospital lab).

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Good evening. I only have a few minutes.....

Shatema, sorry about your uncle.

Becky, how sad on the cat. I guess if the kids don't do well with the "ran away" story, you could later say that she was found and was hit by a car (or something less frightening). It's sad when things like this happen.

Ashley, have you considered working in a research lab? Will this class/exam qualify you for that? I wouldn't take the comments as insults. Teachers have a lot more experience and can probably see where a student might do best or enjoy it the most. Perhaps it's neither a compliment nor an insult, but rather an insight.

OK....gotta put away my laundry, feed the kitties and head off to bed. Have a great Tuesday!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning.

Ashley, I totally agree with Jen, neither a compliment or an insult. Clearly, they have seen your strengths & weaknesses and are trying to help you in the best career move for you.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Ashley I agree with what Jen and Stetz said. Isn't research what you wanted to get into anyhow? Based on everything you've told us it doesn't seem like you are enjoying the hospital labs at all so it seems she would be correct in her accessment.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Ashley I agree with all the ladies. It could just be insult and like Becky said it don't seem like you are enjoying the lab that much anyway

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to babigirl

afternoon ladies!!

Becky sorry about the cat. hope the kids are ok with the news when you tell them. hope mike is able to help you out with some chores inside the house.

Shatema sorry abotu the all the bad news keep your spirits up

Alissa sounds like you are getting right on track with school and everything else. way to go on the weight loss

Jen sounds like an awesome weekend!

Stetz glad the dance was great for Shelby. will have to see if I can check out pics on FB later. yuck on the mouse yuck yuck and more YUCK. sorry about the refi for the house. and on the branch OUCH. hope you are feeling better

Ashley I agree maybe take it with a grain of salt for insult wise and really think about options now. maybe she is right.

sil is staying with us for the week and we found out last night she is allergic to my cat so he is locked in my room til friday.
Brianna lost her 2nd tooth before school today
Brooke started meds yesterday and the rash has gotten a whole lot better. over the weekend was HORRIBLE it spread to all over her face and head and was swollen. and her appetite is back so happy for that.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Briannasmom

Thanks Mandi and I am so glad to hear that Brooke is doing better

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to babigirl

Hiya? I have exams Mondays and Tuesdays for pretty much the entire month of October...joy of joys LOL! No really...it's just a matter of me trying to figure out when it's best to make study cards for them.

I came to the conclusion about the comment I got to take it as a suggestion...I wanted to get into research anyway so they're probably right in saying that. I'm not enjoying the hospital environment (especially the big hospitals...I only felt comfortable in a smaller hospital) because of the noise and the confusion and the attitudes.

Mandi- Very cute on Brianna losing her tooth and so awesome on Brooke feeling better!

Jenn- Hope you had a great Tuesday!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to babigirl

Stetz, how is the eyeball and the lymph nodes?

Mandi, bummer on having to lock the kitty up, but yay for the lost tooth and the meds working. Poor Brooke. She must have been miserable. Did the doc say what the rash was from? DS2 gets a rash if he takes certains meds, so he has to avoid them.

Becky, how are the kids handling the loss of your cat?

There was a stray dog in our parking lot at work on Friday. He wouldn't let us help him, and he kept running out into the street. He was nearly hit several times. It was awful to have to watch. I know it all ended well. I'm fuzzy on the details, but a couple people rescued him and I think they were going to bring him to the rescue shelter.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Ashley, awesome idea to take what she said as a suggestion. My day was b-o-r-i-n-g. I had to work through some difficult calculations, too, so I left work with a slight headache. Boo.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning. Lymph nodes still swollen and very painful. There are 4 large ones now. I went back to the doc for repeat blood work, which they tell me everything is fine. Time to look for a doc I guess...I need to get this figured out.

Mandi, hope you are enjoying SIL's visit. Poor kitty being locked up. My niece is allergic to ours, but she does OK as long as she doesn't get her face close to it. Thank goodness on Brooke's rash finally clearing up...I can just imagine how horrible your weekend was.

Jen, that is so sad about the dog, but so glad it ended well. Hope today is better and not so boring.

Ashley, good for you taking the remark as a suggestion...and really confirmation because you had mentioned you'd rather work research.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm not sure the kids have even noticed she's missing yet. She's an outside cat and none of them have mentioned not seeing her. Our other cat has been around. She usually followed us around when we went outside but wasn't big on being picked up so they really didn't play with her a whole lot. The one we still have is more of a snuggler.

Ashley I think that's a perfect way to take it.

Mandi I'm glad to hear Brooke is a little better.

Shatema any more news on your uncle?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Do you have any other cold symptoms Stetz? I think I'd see a different doctor if not.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Ashley thats a great way to take it good for you

Stetz feel better

Jen glad the dog situation turned out good in the end.

the rash on brooke is viral. over the weekend we were starting to think it was allergic reaction but she had everything many times before so it didnt make sense. but with meds it knicked it out quick so viral it is. she also had a runny nose with it.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Briannasmom

mandi im so glad brooke is doing better.

another day at the laundry mat for me, I cant waite to get my own washer and dryer back.

stetz i hope you get a doc that can figure it out.

whab11
whab11 
Pro
whab11

Hi ladies!!!!

I didn't realize how long it had been since I last logged in, I'm 86 pages behind....

Hope each of you are doing well!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to whab11

Hello ladies how you all doing. I am not doing well. I didn't sleep well at all last night and have been a nervous wreck today. We find out tomorrow if he has cancer or not and let me tell u all it's driving me crazy

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Ashley good luck with the exams

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to babigirl

Hi Whittney! How have you been?

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

hi whitney great to see you around.

ds just called to tell me he left his dinner money in the locker room at school. He has an away game tonight. good thing i packed him some snacks.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Good evening.

Stetz, sorry for the pain and swelling. How long do you need to wait for blood work.

Whitney, hi!! How are you doing?

Andrea, ug on the washer/dryer. I would go nutty without my own.

Busy night. Bedtime for me. Hopefully I can hang out longer tomorrow.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning. The 2nd blood test came back with my white blood cells a bit lower, so they say that confirms that it is just viral. I'm supposed to wait about 2 weeks and if they haven't gone down by then, they will do an ultrasound on the lymph nodes and see what is wrong. I am bothered though because of the pain. I don't want to be a hyperchondriac and make something out of nothing. On the other hand, I've been told nothing was wrong before and ended up getting a 105 degree fever and sending my body into infection overdrive because I believed the doctors. So, I'm not sure what I should do. When I wake up, the pain is pretty intense on the right side and today the back of my jaw is hurting on the right side. Is this normal for swollen lymph nodes?

Hi Whitney...how are you?

Mandi, glad the meds helped. Sometimes, you just have to push the doctors.

Jen, why so busy?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I have no idea Stephanie. Is there another doctor close by that you could get a second opinion at? They are probably right but it's still scary.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

There are other doctors close by, but I don't know that there are any I would put my confidence in. I think I'll wait at least a week and see what happens, unless the pain continues to intensify and spread.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Hello ladies. Life has been crazy busy. I've been working a lot, teaching a lot, and just trying to keep on top of the house work. Not a lot of free time these days, and I'm so looking forward to my vacation.

Stephanie, your daughter looked beautiful. She really is your clone.

Becky, I'm so sorry about your kitty.

Shatema, I'm so very sad to hear about your uncle. Lung cancer is a tough diagnosis. I lost my own father to that disease, and I hate it with a passion.

Alissa, I loathe it when the stupid internet eats my posts.

Today is my one and only day off this week, so I need to get to the grocery store, and then get back home so I can finally finish carpet cleaning the living room. My furniture has all been piled in the bar for just about a week now.

whab11
whab11 
Pro
whab11
In response to Kamananui

Stetz, that sounds awful, hope you get feeling better soon. I agree you should give it at least a week but if it keeps getting worse I would just bypass the dr and go to the ER.. sometimes they are more thorough than dr's.

I am doing well. Everyone is adjusting well to the move back to Idaho. The kids are keeping me busy, having two little ones at home is wearing me out most days they are into everything times 2! MaKenzie is loving school which is such a relief. I gotta have a sleep study done tonight, that's the last option to try and figure out why I have so many headaches, but other than that I'm doing alright!

I've missed you all!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to whab11

whitney I just moved to Hailey ID. where are you at?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? So glad my Blood Bank rotation ends tomorrow...Clinical Chemistry is my next rotation...I'm counting down the days until New York ComicCon...sure, my mom's going with me this year but it's just going to the be the two of us so it should be fun. She promised to let me have my one day of geeky joy...and, maybe (because I'm have a terrible time of things), she'll let me buy a Keyblade this year.

Stephanie- I'm not a doctor...I don't even play one on TV but, yes, lymph nodes are supposed to be swollen in viral infections but they shouldn't stay swollen as long as yours have been. Have you been tested for mono, yet?

Andrea and Whitney- Glad your moves went well!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Stetz, can you take anything for the pain? Would Motrin (or Aleve or Advil) help the pain and reduce the swelling? I'm not sure why I've been so busy. I think some of my weekend chores spilled over into the week, plus I've been doing errands and walking after work. And.... last night I watched Survivor

Kelly, do you have vacation plans?

Whitney....sleep study? Are you not sleeping well?

Ashley, what is a Keyblade? When is ComicCon?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Jenn- NY ComicCon goes from Oct. 11th to Oct. 14th...I'm going on Oct. 13th (which makes it 10/13...ironically, in geeky parlance, that's unofficially X Files Day)...I'm trying not to feel guilty about the exams I have the week after and just go about enjoying my geeky day. Ok...a Keyblade is this...well, it's a fishsticking giant key that doubles as a sword...it's from the "Kingdom Hearts" series of video games.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Feeling any better today Stetz?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Kelly, thank you on DD. Yes, she looks quite a bit like me. I hope you enjoyed your one day off.

Whitney, I'm glad everyone is adjusting well to the move. One for me at home was a handful...I feel for ya. Sorry to hear the headaches have been so bad.

Ashely, yay for rotations being finished!

Jen, I hope you are able to relax more this weekend since you've had to do the chores throughout the week. Thank goodness it is Friday, huh.

I've been popping tylenol and 800 mg ibuprofen to help with the pain and swelling. I'm just going to try and not worry about it at the moment...we'll see what a week brings.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Dudes, it's Friday!

Really sorry those lymph nodes are bothering you so much, Stetz.

I have lots of chores to do and probably won't do half of them.... And no long run this weekend!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? So glad my blood bank rotation ended today...much to my surprise, I got really good reviews from all the people at the blood bank I rotated through. I thought I was going to get lousy reviews because of how much time I spent working on my own (just following directions I'd been given). I shall reward myself for this good rotation with something awesome at NY ComicCon LOL!

Stephanie- Ick on the lymph nodes...I hope you feel better soon!

Alissa- Enjoy your weekend!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

I really don't feel bad at all...I have no symptoms and no sickness...just the lymph node issue. But thanks everyone for your concern. Ashley, I haven't been tested for mono, but I also do not have any mono symptoms.

Yay for rotation being done! I know you are so relieved! Sounds like a great reward!

Alissa...lets party! LOL

Gonna get me a 'jamaican me happy' lol

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, yay for finishing the rotation and for the good reviews. Working independently, simply doing what you are asked to do, is a good thing. and the key....I'm sure I've seen it before.

Stetz, could this possibly be a dental issues? Do dental issues even affect lymph nodes?

Alissa, busy weekend with chores, or other stuff?

No rest for me this weekend. DH and DS2 have me hopping. Lots of stuff going on, but details are sketchy right now.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

Hello ladies sorry i have not been on it has been a busy last two days. I took my hair done that was a project all in it's self.

So my uncle does have cancer. The way it looks there is a mass in his lung and one on the outside of his lymph nodes. They had a consulation yesterday. I went for that he go back thursday for a biopsy to see what approach they will take. It really warmed his beart to see me and my other aunt go with them. I guess because since he is my uncle by marriage he just wouldn't be expecting it but we are all family and at times like this we need to stick together. Plz keep him in your prayes I am very worried because he is in a lot of pain and he is losing weight. Sorry I am just updating you all but it has been very busy.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Ashley I agree with all the ladies. It could just be insult and like Becky said it don't seem like you are enjoying the lab that much anyway

Sorry insult was not the word i was trying to use. I think I was trying to it just could be advice sorry about that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

Hi Whitney nice to see you around

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Good morning!

Jen, you need to beat those boys and tell them your weekends are for you! lol Hope you get to do something fun. I don't know if teeth issues would cause swollen lymph nodes, but I'm not having any teeth issues either.

Shatema, so sorry to hear about your uncle! Try and stay positive, I know (from experience) how awful this can be.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

shetema so sorry about your uncle. Im glad you are there for him.

Ashley yeah for rotation being over and getting a good review. Dont be so hard on yourself next time. be positive. yeah for a reward.

I bought some new prima paper this week for cardmaking. why I dont know noy much scrappin going on here. I guess I just needed to do something fun.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

Thanks kelly for the nice words.

Stetz I sure hope you feel better soon my friend

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to whab11

• whab11 Said:
Stetz, that sounds awful, hope you get feeling better soon. I agree you should give it at least a week but if it keeps getting worse I would just bypass the dr and go to the ER.. sometimes they are more thorough than dr's.

I am doing well. Everyone is adjusting well to the move back to Idaho. The kids are keeping me busy, having two little ones at home is wearing me out most days they are into everything times 2! MaKenzie is loving school which is such a relief. I gotta have a sleep study done tonight, that's the last option to try and figure out why I have so many headaches, but other than that I'm doing alright!

I've missed you all!

I am glad everyone is adjusting well. Sorry for the headaches I hope you figure out soon where the headaches are coming from

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Stetz, can you take anything for the pain? Would Motrin (or Aleve or Advil) help the pain and reduce the swelling? I'm not sure why I've been so busy. I think some of my weekend chores spilled over into the week, plus I've been doing errands and walking after work. And.... last night I watched Survivor

Kelly, do you have vacation plans?

Whitney....sleep study? Are you not sleeping well?

Ashley, what is a Keyblade? When is ComicCon?

Jen my chores always run over

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

thanks stetz and andrea

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Stephanie, I have mutant lymph nodes. They stay swollen for weeks. As long as your blood counts are going in the right direction, you are more than likely on the mend. Hang in there.

Shatema, I'm so sorry about your uncle.

Jen, hope you have lots of fun and exciting adventures to tell us about on Monday.

Alissa, skip the chores and go play!

Ashley, congrats on finishing the rotation with good reviews.

Andrea, you lucky duck. I've been craving new Prima, but my room overfloweth. I've been trying to resist all paper, but it's not easy.

Jen, we do have plans for vacation. We are going to Florida. We are going to visit my mom and Harry Potter! I'm so excited!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

thank you kelly

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Good morning!

Today is church and my niece's birthday. One of the birthdays the whole family dreads going to because they go too overboard...I've seen overboard and this is beyond that. Shelby said, I never watch her open all 50 presents anyway. She was trying to get out of going. Seriously, she does receive about 50 presents...and she's 3. Ugh. Well, hopefully it will be a good visit.

Shelby and I rented and watched Big Miracle and Wanderlust last night, they were good.

Andrea...new prima...that's cool! How is the new house buying coming along? Will you have a scraproom?

Kelly, your the lucky duck getting a vaca in Florida! I want to go to Florida!!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Stetz ugh i hate parties like that.

the house shopping isnt going well. we have an offer on a short sale but we have a horrible agant. I would change but they have the house listed and since we made an offer thru them we cant go to another agant and offer on the same house. if this falls thru we will go to another agent. This house does have a craft room for me. thanks for asking.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Ah Andrea, that is too bad...I was hoping the house was coming along quickly. I hate it when I have to deal with horrible agents. What is going wrong with the offer?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Andrea, that's the pits on the horrible agent. I hope things start looking up despite her.

Stetz, I hate birthday parties. And weddings. And family reunions and holiday get-togethers. Everybody just get dafvck outta my house. And I'm not leaving to come to y'all either.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Lol I hate parties like that do I do think that is over board.

Andrea sorry things are not going well with the house

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Alissa...I swear girl...we are twins separated at birth! I'm with ya girl!

The party was OK, but my niece is a selfish spoiled rotten brat! And...my mom is totally oblivious of it...or pretends to be!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

You know, I'm pretty lucky that I adore my nephew and both nieces. No obnoxious brat kids in my family!

Whew! What a day! I spent the morning crafting in my jammies. Went out to lunch/breakfast with my boys. Took DS to the mall for playtime. I read my book. Went grocery shopping. Running at the gym. Cooking, lunch packing and household chores. Bath time and laundry. Snuggle and read with DS. We started Diary of a Whimpy Kid tonight. He requested it from the book fair last week.

TV time! Sitting here trying to drink more water. I'm so thirsty!

Have I told y'all about the great weather we've been having?!! This whole weekend was cool, windy, and rainy. Like, fall, for real! All of September was great! Cool mornings and the days were low 90s or lower (super for us). It's usually blazing hot all the way through October. I almost got out the fall decorations today but didn't have time. Definitely will have to this week. In the past, I usually wait until the day of Halloween It's usually too hot for me to notice a "seasonal" change.

I was going to avoid baking a sweet treat this week. But DS has requested my lemon bars. And I have the ingredients including fresh lemons... Oh dear.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Shatema, sorry that your uncle is in pain. My chores always run over, too, but there are minimums that I always do on the weekend, and I feel overwhelmed when they don't get done. Eh. I'll live,, lol!

Andrea, woot on prima!!

Kelly, that sounds like a fun vacation!

Stetz, that is a LOT of presents. What's worse....lots of presents and watching them be opened, or lots of presents and they are opened after the guests leave?

My nieces and nephews are a mixed bag of sweetness and brattiness.....all relative to who their parents are, lol!

Alissa, that's crazy weather. Oooh....good luck with the lemon bars. I've never been brave enough to work with fresh lemons.

The weather here was crazy. 100 degrees today. We popped over to San Fran and it was 68-72 there. It was so sunny, too! In fact, DS2's neighborhood is always packed in fog. Today it wasn't and I lost my bearings when I spotted Lake Merced from his apartment. I never realized the lake was visible, lol!!

My weekend was fun....but I'll have to come back and tell you in a while. I have to run for now.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

And....I'm back.

Andrea, I've heard that short sales, even with a great realtor, can be very difficult to close. I hope that the deal you are working on goes through.

On Saturday we went to a racetrack where my BIL was riding his motorcycle. He spent 20 minutes of each hour riding and would get up to 130 mph. There were 3 classes of riders there, and some got up to 150 mph, maybe more. It was loud and exciting, and as spectators we were in the middle of everything. It was hot, though (100), and a long drive. The corvette got a lot of attention and people kept asking DH if he races it. He doesn't want to as it would trash up the car. On Sunday we popped over to San Fran to have a late lunch with DS2, who we haven't seen in weeks! I need a vacation day to rest up.

My kitty is feeling sickly, so I will probably need to take her to the vet tomorrow. Bad timing as work is a bit crazy this week.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, I made lemon bars from scratch (and using real lemons) a few weeks ago and OMG

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Shatema I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Nothing too exciting for us this weekend. Yesterday I took Rachel to a party for one of her friends at school.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

this agent didnt write the offer like we asked. now we have to try and write an adendum or pay more out of pocket. with short sales you have a small window to reply and the bank has months. He takes forever to return phone calls and its just annoying. we have used one agent to close on our last few purchases and sales. she is a great agent. Im not used to working with an idiot. To top it all off he was rude to my broker and ordered an appraisal for a house we havent gotten accepted on yet. which baffles my mind. my broker has to pay for that. why would you do that when you havent got an acepted offer. My broker is great and i have used him several times. I told him to suspend the apprasal till we talk to this idiot.

jen sounds like a fun weekend' whenb dh and I were younger he would race rimrock. they drain the lake and have a huge muddy dirtbike race. It was alot of fun to watch.

Alissa I will have to get brave and try lemmon bars from scratch when I get a kitchen. It sounds like you had a busy nice weekend.

We went on a 5 mile bike ride and bbqued some chicken. thats about all. we are trying to save money.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

What a pain. Are there any other agents around you could use?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I guess I'm a little lost on what a short sale is...I thought it was when it all happened really fast. Andrea, sounds like you definitely have your hands full with this agent..what a nut! That would be so fun mudding in a drained lake!

Jen, sounds like a nice weekend for you. I'm glad you got to see DS2...never thought you went that long without seeing one of your kids. Haven't heard anything on DD in a while, how is she doing? Does she still live with you guys?

Alissa...whew...what a busy day you had! I love lemon bars...I bed I would love them even more from scratch. Feel free to send me a care package! LOL Lord knows, I'm not going to get in a kitchen and make them myself!

Not sure Jen, I've never been to a party that they opened the presents after the guests leave. I wish my brother would just have 2 parties...one for family and the other for friends. These are those kids who will never know what it is to want something because they already have it before they could ever want it. It's just ridiculous.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Stetz no a shory sale takes forever. I hate them and try to avoid them. We moved to a place that almost everything is a short sale or a million plus. I dont have a million dollars lol. A short sale means you offered less then the people owe/ thats what the short is. the offer is short of what the loan is. Alot of people are doing these because it doesnt reflect so bad on their credit. If I owned a home that I owed more than it was worth. I can put it up for shortsale. People will offer I then choose the highest offer and send it to the bank. Im hoping the bank will take that amount and write off the balance of what I owe. Hope that makes sense. they usually take 90 days to close but some take longer. Now that so many people are doing it the process is quicker.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Thanks so much for the info Andrea, I was definitely lost...and I don't think I've ever even heard of a sale like that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm wondering if I don't have cat scratch fever...my boss suggested that this morning and I looked it up. Several weeks ago, my outside cat bit my hand and broke the skin quite a bit. According to what I've read, it can take several weeks for any symptoms to show up...but the #1 symptom is swollen lymph nodes close to the site...which would be my neck.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Spent most of the weekend studying (since I had a hematology exam today and a parasitology exam tomorrow)...except for the breaks to watch the "Doctor Who" fall series finale (which was sooooooooo sad) and the start of season 2 of "Once Upon a Time"...this week I start my Clincal Chemistry rotation in a hospital I didn't like the first time I was there. I'm hoping it'll be better this time around...maybe.

Stephanie- I use to hate family parties...any and all kinds of them. Thankfully, we don't have much in the way of family anymore so we don't have to go to those parties anymore. As for the lymph nodes and the cat scratch, I'd explore that one further...cats have all kinds of fishsticks knows what on their nails and it can make you really sick!

Shatema- Praying for your uncle!

Alissa- How's the lemon bars come out? I'm always afraid to bake with lemon because I'm concerned things will come out too sour.

Jenn- That motorcycle thing sounds fun...but totally frightening!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics