Page 1 of 79 
Username Post: SS Swap Oct-Dec Completed, ready for deletion        (Topic#1542299)
Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

*Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!
Kimberly (thinkpink22) and I will be co-hosting this swap again~and it to be so much fun each and every round!

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. In order to join this swap, you must have 1000 posts or be a sister with us already in good standing, or have another swap member that will vouch for you. If you don't have these things, contact Kimberly or me and we will decide. We want new people to sign up and have fun in our swap, but since this is a 25.00 minimum, we have to make sure everyone who participates will complete the swap! Thank you for understanding!

2. This swap will begin on October 1st.

3. When sign-ups are closed (8:00 PM September 24), Kimberly and I will send each participant the name and information of your LITTLE sister.

4. This swap has a MINIMUM of $25.00. You are required to spend at least that amount EACH month on your swap partner for three months NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING COSTS!

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name! You can also order directly from sb.com and tell them that the gift is for a secret sister swap and they will block out your name and information for you.

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wish list.

7. You must check into this thread at least once a week as your real self and once a week as your alternate secret sister ID. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you.

8. Secret sisters will end on December 15, 2010 and shortly after we will host a reveal party here online!

9. Never hesitate to pm me or Kimberly if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. Kimberly and I are here to help you!

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: October 10, November 10th, and December 10th. That should give the package time to arrive before end of the month.

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 1000 posts in order to sign up. If you have fewer than that, Kimberly and I will need to pre-approve you joining. If you have flaked on this swap, don't bother joining. You will be removed.

13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Email address
Phone number (This will not be given out, but is for my records in case something happens to you)
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (as an addition/alternative to things your wishlist which you will keep updated).
Are you willing to send to an international sis this round???

Secret Sister Basics:

1) Create an additional ID to log on to sb.com (so you can communicate with your ss on the thread and send PMs, etc.)You do have to contact your sister on this thread AT LEAST once a WEEK (preferably more!) A good idea is to post when you mail out a package and "tease" them about some of the goodies included!

2) Send a card. (a snail mail card or an e-card are always great to receive!)

3) Type a letter or note to your sis. Be sneaky and devious.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff only but should include some scrap stuff too!

*****Also, I must reiterate: DO NOT SIGN UP for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. If something happens during the swap that affects your ability to keep participating, please contact Kimberly or myself...we both just want EVERYONE to enjoy this swap, get to know each other, and enjoy spoiling someone and getting spoiled in return!

I hope this round goes as well as the last ones have because we have just had a blast the entire time! Feel free to talk, laugh, cry, share, and especially spoil your little sis!

List of participants:
1. Rosita (Betsye)
2. thinkpink22 (Kimberly)
3. Danasgoodies1 (Dana)
4. Parisdame(Tres)
5. MrsAnnieS
6. Nikilynn
7. Sassy-Still Suzi (Suzette)
8. kaykay1010 (Kelly)
10. Peridotskies (Katrina)
11. Tina scraps (Tina)
12. Fortunes Fool (Traci)
13. RachelUK
14. Sherrenae (Sherri)
15. krissyclarkmckee (Krissy)--flaked
16. youvegotmel (Melody)
17. TrishaLouise (Trisha)
18. Debdoodle (Debbie)
19. Lydbug (Lydia)
20. Loribee#1 (Lori)

Edited by Rosita on 12-30-10 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

I'm in again!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to jackie9635

I am so in! I can't wait until the last round is done so I can find out who my ss is.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to parisdame

This last round has been great. I still don't know who my big sis is.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

This sounds like so much fun, I would like to join this round-will PM my info!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 12:36 PM
In response to MrsAnnieS

You know that this Hello Kitty fanatic is IN again!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to 888

Welcome MrsAnnieS! Do you go by Annie?

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to Rosita

thinking about it

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Christine0106

C'mon, you know you want to Christine!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

rosita actually can you put me as a maybe. i didnt remember christmas is in the next three months... so i might not be able to.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I am in again please, and be sure I get a big sister before my birthday on the 29th - lol.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Welcome MrsAnnieS! Do you go by Annie?

Sure do!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 07:47 PM

• jackie9635 Said:
rosita actually can you put me as a maybe. i didnt remember christmas is in the next three months... so i might not be able to.

Oh Jackie........... PPLLEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!! !! With a golf ball on top??? lol

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 07:48 PM

• Christine0106 Said:
thinking about it

Christine... I just got a call from Mickey Mouse... and he said..... PLEASE JOIN THE GIRLS AGAIN!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 07:49 PM
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy-Still Suzi Said:
I am in again please, and be sure I get a big sister before my birthday on the 29th - lol.

My birthday is the day after yours!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 07:49 PM
In response to 888

Hi Annie... welcome!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-07-10 07:50 PM
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
I am so in! I can't wait until the last round is done so I can find out who my ss is.

Tres... I'm soooo glad to see you joining again!!! Your a true DOLL!!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

Oh Jackie........... PPLLEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!! !! With a golf ball on top??? lol

LOL i wish. But i will definitely be in to chat. But just looking at it, I doubt I will be able to. I always have to save for christmas and such and insurance nearly doubled since i got a new car.... So it's not looking good.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Believe me, as a single mom of two teenagers with only one source of income, I know how tight the next three months are going to be.

I've got a budget and am determined to stick to it, and I've got $35 allotted at the beginning of each month for my ss ($25 for stuff, $10 for shipping, or if I catch the free shipping day, she'll get $35 worth of stuff)

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Rosita

I am in and finally found the thread! YAY! Good to be back!

Good luck with the birthday Suzette! I seem to always get a sis who has a birthday during the swap (which is always such fun!)

Well, talk to you all later!

Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

And yes...welcome Annie! I'm Kimberly or Pink (the co-hostess). Glad you are here!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

Oh, I am in again, if you will have me! the last time was so fun.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • parisdame Said:

Tres... I'm soooo glad to see you joining again!!! Your a true DOLL!!!

Last round was so much fun and I loved chatting with all the gals. Nikilynn you are a sweetheart!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to parisdame

i would really like to join plz i sent my information to rosita. hope thats right

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

Yeah Kelly!

Welcome Kim! Betty told us to be on the lookout for you.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Rosita

happy to be here thanks for the warm welcome

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Nikilynn - we should celebrate together sometime. My bff day is Oct 3, sometime we are able to get together and do the town up right. You know what they say about our September Birthdays? It was a festival season!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Thank you ladies for such a great welcome! I'm soo excited to be here, I had such a great time with the last swap I was in that I just had to join another one!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-10-10 05:55 AM

• Sassy-Still Suzi Said:
Nikilynn - we should celebrate together sometime. My bff day is Oct 3, sometime we are able to get together and do the town up right. You know what they say about our September Birthdays? It was a festival season!

OMG Suzi.... my bff's birthday is Oct 1st!! I am exactly 10 and 54 minutes older than her!!! Crazy huh????

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • Sassy-Still Suzi Said:

OMG Suzi.... my bff's birthday is Oct 1st!! I am exactly 10 and 54 minutes older than her!!! Crazy huh????

Ya'know...My husabnds birthday is October 1st.

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-10-10 06:34 AM
In response to Fortunes Fool

Looks like we are going to have to just have ONE big party!!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to 888

Sounds like a plan.

I'm considering planning a retreat in the spring...

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-10-10 07:25 AM
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Sounds like a plan.

Hmmmmmmmm. I'm VERY interested!!!!!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Sounds like a plan.

I'm interested as well.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Sounds like a plan.

Me too!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Welcome Annie and Kim!

I joined up in the last round and it was so much fun. Everyone is so nice and my secret sister is the best!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to parisdame

The retreat house I'm thinking of costs $1,000 for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, leave on Sunday) and sleeps 14. It's west of Atlanta. We would be responsible for our own meals. When I went there with some other girls, we all just picked a meal and were responsible for that one meal, weather we cooked it or if we ordered in pizza was up to the person responsible for it.

The 3 dates I'm considering are March 24-27, April 14-17 or April 28-May 1st. Easter is the weekend in between. My kids have spring break the first of April, and I may want to do something with them then.

Any input?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

Nikilynn you are soooo funny!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to scrapbrarian

Good morning!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Rosita

Good afternoon all

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hi Kim!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

I guess I should post here thhat I have joined! This is my first time doing this. But I'm sure it will be fun!

Edited by Peridotskies on 09-11-10 06:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Rosita

have a good weekend

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Good morning everyone! It's Sunday! I'm nervous and excited about today being the first Sunday we are doing the multimedia service at church. I've worked very hard on it, and I think it will go well.

Edited by Rosita on 09-12-10 03:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

ok, I can't help myself, I know I said I was going to sit out this round, but I'd miss it too much! count me in, please!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-12-10 08:32 AM
In response to Tina scraps

Annie.... I just seen a picture of the mask that you made for the mask swap... THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I wish that I would have joined the swap now!!! You did a FANTASTIC job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Tina scraps Said:
ok, I can't help myself, I know I said I was going to sit out this round, but I'd miss it too much! count me in, please!

YEAH!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Rosita

its sunday here in hot texas and we are going to try to stay cool.105-109 here today in texas whew

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Wow, that is hot! time to stay inside Kim!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Annie.... I just seen a picture of the mask that you made for the mask swap... THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I wish that I would have joined the swap now!!! You did a FANTASTIC job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much! I had such a great time doing it, I was so hesitant at first but am very glad I decided to join the swap, I really hope there is another one sometime in the future!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

Thank you so much! I had such a great time doing it, I was so hesitant at first but am very glad I decided to join the swap, I really hope there is another one sometime in the future!

Nikilynn is right, it is gorgeous. I had to go look because I thought you had made a mask for glimmermist. I've been thinking of making one of those myself.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

YEAH!

just stamp a sign that says "s*cker" on my forehead, lol.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

YEAH!

just stamp a sign that says "s*cker" on my forehead, lol.

Tina, I just adore you!! You never fail to make me smile, chuckle or downright belly laugh!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrapbrarian

Rebecca

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I don't think anyone who joins is a lollipop!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

I was sitting here thinking "what do lollipops have to do with anything? has rosita gone off the deep end?" then it dawned on me. DUH, lol.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
The retreat house I'm thinking of costs $1,000 for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, leave on Sunday) and sleeps 14. It's west of Atlanta. We would be responsible for our own meals. When I went there with some other girls, we all just picked a meal and were responsible for that one meal, weather we cooked it or if we ordered in pizza was up to the person responsible for it.

The 3 dates I'm considering are March 24-27, April 14-17 or April 28-May 1st. Easter is the weekend in between. My kids have spring break the first of April, and I may want to do something with them then.

Any input?

This sounds like so much fun.. I wish I was closer!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to lynnde

jci.....

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to parisdame

we should give the newcomers some tips.

a)we talk alot. Don't feel you have to keep up with everything. it's like a soap opera - you could stop watching for weeks and come back, and have no trouble picking back up, lol.

b) your "big" sister is the one who is sending gifts to you. your "little" sister is the one that you are sending to.

c)be careful about mentioning your state/identifying landmarks, attractions, characteristics, etc. you don't want to give too many clues, otherwise it'll be easy for people to figure out who has who for a sister.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

what do you do for an return address? on packages

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

I had just posted on the other thread that my big sister used my own address for a return address... sneaky huh??

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• 2BuzyScrapper Said:
what do you do for an return address? on packages

If you mail it from your house, use her address as the return address too, but still be careful of not letting slip where you're from because zip codes can be looked up easily.

If you order from a website, just tell them to remove all personal information because it's for a secret sister swap, and then you don't have to worry about it.

You could also put someone else's address as the return address. I once had a big sister who put Pink's address on one package, Lydia's address on another package, and I don't remember who else's address she used, but it was a riot.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

I've done all the things Rosita mentioned - ask the company to remove info, used Pink or someone else's address, use the person's own info, etc. sometimes ppl will recruiter some of the other sisters to help - they'll ship it to one woman, who then repackages it to ship to the next sister! that takes a little too much work for me, lol.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

rosita and/or pink - i decided to sit this round out. ill probably join again next round but with christmas on its way and all the other bills i already i have i think it would be smart to sit a round out. ill still be in to chat though.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

thanks for answering my question i know what i'm going to do . heeheehee

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

I am looking forward to this one, I can not wait to get my sis!

I go on a retreat 2 times a year w/my friend, we go close by us, but it is a blast!

Oh, and my son's bday this year is 10/10/10! We are going to try to get a pic of him next to some clock that has the time and date on it!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-13-10 10:16 AM
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:

I go on a retreat 2 times a year w/my friend, we go close by us, but it is a blast!

Oh, and my son's bday this year is 10/10/10! We are going to try to get a pic of him next to some clock that has the time and date on it!

Ohhhh that is cool... how old is he going to be? that would be awesome if he was 10!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Hello lovely ladies! I am just checking in to see what all is going on. I am not going to be here tomorrow or Wednesday like usual as I am going to be a substitute at the school (the place I work for with mentally challenged and/or physically challenged individuals has a school program as well). I am training this week and then next week, I'm doing the whole week of teaching. It should be fun!

I hope all of you are having a totally wonderful day and week!

Talk to you all later!

Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT for every new person to let me know who you have if you are on Rosita's list!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-13-10 11:29 AM

• thinkpink22 Said:
Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT for every new person to let me know who you have if you are on Rosita's list!

NICE try Kimberly!!!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to 888

hi girls.

pink that sounds like an awesome new job. very rewarding

kelly that is really awesome that it's your sons birthday that day. that's so neat.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

oh, another tip to the new girls - don't tell Pink ANYTHING!! somehow that woman has got some kind of telepathy or something, she ALWAYS figures out who her big sister is, almost from the beginning! I don't know how she does it, but she does.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• jackie9635 Said:
rosita and/or pink - i decided to sit this round out. ill probably join again next round but with christmas on its way and all the other bills i already i have i think it would be smart to sit a round out. ill still be in to chat though.

Ok, I have removed you from the list this round.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Rosita

I made this not to long ago! Just thought I'd share.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:

Ohhhh that is cool... how old is he going to be? that would be awesome if he was 10!!!

Oh yeah that would be cool wouldn't it!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Peridotskies

• Peridotskies Said:

I made this not to long ago! Just thought I'd share.

i like the doodles.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• thinkpink22 Said:

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Thank you! I used a stencil I got from Big Lotts a long time ago!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

I made this last night cuz I was up till 4 in the morning scrapping!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

OMG chic-a-deees!!!

Tim Holtz is having his PREMIER on HSN today at 4pm--est!!

OMG

sorry to pop in --but with this breaking news--thought you would want to know--LOL

thats what pals are for! lol

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Hiya ladies! Had such a crazy weekend I didn't have much chance to get online-this weekend will be a busy one as well but will be closeted away at a retreat-so excited to have a full weekend of scrappy fun! So won't be able to stop in after tomorrow, unless I am on top of packing-never happens-but we'll see!

Maybe some fresh meat will be good for stopping Pink guessing who has her!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to MrsAnnieS

OK Rosita Sign me Up!!!!! I'm not done cleaning but Hubby said to sign up anyway. He really likes the amount of progress that I've made.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Rosita

oops

Edited by Sassy-Still Suzi on 09-14-10 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Any input?

That is less than $100 per person. I'll take the Tahoe and pick you up, we may need to get a trailer too to put all your stuff in. lol
Where did you say it was?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

That is neat about your son Kelly. We got married in Vegas on 05-12-05 and I noticed when booking the chapel that they are full on the dates like that, this year it will be 10-10-10, the busiest ever was 7-7-7. He would have no excuse to forget that one!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Annie the mask is beautiful.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Christine0106 Said:
OMG chic-a-deees!!!

Tim Holtz is having his PREMIER on HSN today at 4pm--est!!

OMG

sorry to pop in --but with this breaking news--thought you would want to know--LOL

thats what pals are for! lol

I had at least 3 people tell me this today, but I don't get HSN, only QVC. I hear it was good.

Edited by Rosita on 09-14-10 05:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Fortunes Fool Said:
OK Rosita Sign me Up!!!!! I'm not done cleaning but Hubby said to sign up anyway. He really likes the amount of progress that I've made.

Great Job!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Sassy-Still Suzi Said:
  • Rosita Said:

Any input?

That is less than $100 per person. I'll take the Tahoe and pick you up, we may need to get a trailer too to put all your stuff in. lol
Where did you say it was?

LOL I'm on board! It's in Temple...past Douglasville.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Welcome to the swap! That's great that you made some good progress! Way to go!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Good morning!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-15-10 05:46 AM

• Fortunes Fool Said:

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-15-10 05:47 AM
In response to 888

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• Peridotskies Said:

I made this last night cuz I was up till 4 in the morning scrapping!

Scrapping until 4am? You are dedicated! Cute little vampires on your layout

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to parisdame

Good morning girls. Something messed up on my phone, and to make up for it, the cell phone company is giving me thirty days of unlimited web. So maybe I won't be out of pocket this weekend

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

good morning girls

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Good afternoon Jackie

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

OK - I can't be the odd one out - count me in !!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-15-10 12:20 PM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
OK - I can't be the odd one out - count me in !!

YAY Rachie.... is back in!!!!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to 888

Rachel - resistance is futile

Page 1 of 79 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics