Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Bad bad BAAAAAAD scrapper!        (Topic#1542443)
Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

What naughty scrappy things do you do? (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER I DON'T MEAN THAT!!!!)

I mean, what rules do you break that, if there were scrap police (OMG THERE IS A SCRAP POLICE!) would get you arrested?

I do not clean my stamps right away. I treat my stamps TERRIBLY. I'm just AWFUL! Seriously...they should be rescued and taken to a stamp pound where they will at least have a chance!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Penny Lane

I don't give two flips about acid/lignin free. GASP!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
I don't give two flips about acid/lignin free. GASP!

me either

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Lamoo12

I don't journal near as much as I should!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Lamoo12

I don't clean my stamps. At all.

I don't care about acid free.

I will cut paper sometimes without even really looking at it!

Journaling? What's that?

Edited by Manda_K on 09-09-10 09:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Lamoo12

Im guilty of stamp abuse too ........ .....just get too wrapped up in what Im doing to clean them and put them away correctly

I also am terrible about journaling ....and have been busted by the scrap police for that offense!

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to melissadam

I am horrible at journaling. I more of a let the picture speak for itself so I don't have to kinda gal!!

I also threw away a LO before that I hated when I finished. I had another copy of the pic and started over!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

I beat y'all,,,,,

Once I bought cheap ATG adhesive,,,it was horrible, and I've learned my lesson there,,,

My only 2 comfortable pair of jeans have glue all over them because I wipe my hands on my jean legs instead of grabbing a towel,,,,

My stamps want to disown me, I hardly ever journal, I leave my tools all over kingdom come,,,,right now I have scissors, adhesive, my ATG, my big bite and pp in my bedroom,,,,,I clean my scrap table ONLY when I can't find anything (poor suffocating scrap supplies ),,,,I'd much rather make a mini or a card or alter something than scrap a page,,,,I have a scrap page that must be 9 months old sitting in my drying cupboard NOT FINISHED,,,,I get excited about another project and forget the one I am working on,,,,and I really don't care if all my ribbon and lace is stuffed in a bag, requiring ironing to get the wrinkles out!!!!!

I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to the bone

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to jeneppers

I did totally gasp about the linen/acid free thing. I started as a scraper through creative memories and that was the BIG thing! There is a ton of stuff I am too afride to try cause I don't want to damage my pictures. And the pictures are the reason I am scrapbooking in the first place. Oh and I am perfect I do nothing at all bad to any of my stuff

Oh I know the gyspy and provo craft people totally freaked cause I let other people borrow my gypsy and my cartridges. Man they would have arrested me right then! Oh and I throw away scraps that are "too small" to really use again.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-09-10 09:40 AM
In response to mommaprov

I almost NEVER handwrite my journaling. That why people won't really know how bad my writting is!!

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to mommaprov

I got nothin. I'm perfect! lol

Actually, I do very naughty things, but I can't tell you. (It involves my craft robo, cut and paste, and the internet.)

Ok, ok...I don't care about acid free, either. I've been doin this for over 12 yrs..I'm over it.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to mommaprov

Ummm...I have BRAND NEW Prima buried under all kinds of stuff.

I do not use albums either.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-09-10 09:55 AM
In response to Manda_K

I never clean stamps!
My scrap table is piled high with projects.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to vawm

i abuse my stamps all the time, my flowers are not acid free... my chalk i am not sure if it is acid free or not... the list goes on and on!!! (and to think i was the only one who didn't care about acid free)

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to flutterbye0419

I get Cricut cartridges and then let them sit unopened in the blister packs (5 right now). If there's a malfunction with one, it'll be too long from the time of purchase to do anything about it.

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to johnsusan8

I am there completely with the stamps - I never clean them or put them away properly. My work bench is completely covered and I don't care about Acid free - usually doesn't even cross my mind ever.

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to Peg364

...and sometimes...when I'm all alone, I use HOTGLUE!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

I'm a fellow stamp abuser, even when using bleach-whoops!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to MrsAnnieS

This seems like it would be fun thread, but I can't really come up with anything to add (yet).

Although, I am also bad about cleaning stamps. That's part of the reason I rarely use them. I HATE cleaning them.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:

My stamps want to disown me, I hardly ever journal, I leave my tools all over kingdom come,,,,right now I have scissors, adhesive, my ATG, my big bite and pp in my bedroom,,,,,I clean my scrap table ONLY when I can't find anything (poor suffocating scrap supplies ),,,,I'd much rather make a mini or a card or alter something than scrap a page,,,,I have a scrap page that must be 9 months old sitting in my drying cupboard NOT FINISHED,,,,I get excited about another project and forget the one I am working on,,,,and I really don't care if all my ribbon and lace is stuffed in a bag, requiring ironing to get the wrinkles out!!!!!

Guilty of all the above highlighted sections. Although now that I have two scrapbook storage cabinets and no designated space I am somewhat better about putting my supplies away.

And Acid Free...ahh...whatever!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to mommaprov

• mommaprov Said:
I did totally gasp about the linen/acid free thing. I started as a scraper through creative memories and that was the BIG thing! There is a ton of stuff I am too afride to try cause I don't want to damage my pictures. And the pictures are the reason I am scrapbooking in the first place. Oh and I am perfect I do nothing at all bad to any of my stuff

Oh I know the gyspy and provo craft people totally freaked cause I let other people borrow my gypsy and my cartridges. Man they would have arrested me right then! Oh and I throw away scraps that are "too small" to really use again.

HAHAHAAHA! You and I have to stay friends FOREVER because my cartidges are on YOUR Gypsy...so if we ever break up we have to go to counseling to work it out...LMFAO!!! You're stuck with me for life, or until I am not a scrapper..LOL!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to queenofstash

• **tfs** Said:
I didn't realize there were scrapbook 'rules'.

You're super fun!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to TimeScrapper

• TimeScrapper Said:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to queenofstash

• **tfs** Said:

It's tongue in cheek, geesh.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Bxr-Linda

I neglect my stamps....they haven't been used in almost a year probably. That's right....THEY'RE ALL ALONE LOCKED UP. I am having an affair with my cricut for flourishes.

and when I DO use my stamps....yeah i don't clean them right away.

And i don't necesarily clean up everytime i'm done scrapping. It's my loft and i can be a slob if I want to so there :P

Oh and I don't recycle....i don't save my scraps of PP and cardstock. I throw it away so sue me

Edited by Just G on 09-09-10 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• Penny Lane Said:
  • **tfs** Said:

You're super fun!

Edited by Just G on 09-09-10 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• TimeScrapper Said:

GASP!!! You're a rebel! I'm so intrigued .... tell me more.

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • TimeScrapper Said:

GASP!!! You're a rebel! I'm so intrigued .... tell me more.

lol...I've also been known to use junkmail paper, if it's *pretty*

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Just G

Wow...I'm SO calling the Scrap Cops on ALL of you! LOL!

I don't think I've ever cared about acid free. Isn't it not acid free after you touch it any way?

I still use glue stick...SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• Penny Lane Said:
  • **tfs** Said:

You're super fun!

TONS.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• Penny Lane Said:
  • **tfs** Said:

You're super fun!

LOL

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • Penny Lane Said:
  • **tfs** Said:

You're super fun!

TONS.

You guys! You're supposed to be super serious about everything on teh internetz. duh.

ReginaOklaScrapper
Expert
ReginaOklaScrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm a non-journaler...Is that a word? And I throw away my scraps as well...I know I will never use them so why keep them.

troylet
Idol
troylet
In response to ReginaOklaScrapper

You're all my kind of scrappers! I, too, treat my stamps horribly and rarely journal, and I only clean my scrap area if we have guests coming.

I also buy my supplies for as cheaply as I can get them -- give me glue sticks, paper from the $1 section of Target, and office paper, and I am good to go! I don't think I've ever bought one of those fancy, 'spensive (but beautiful) sets you can get.

Oh, and I used to print my pictures out on cardstock until buying the ink jets got too pricey. Now I use actual photos. :-P

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to troylet

Okay, so I'm bad to my stamps by neglecting them. They rarely see the light of day. But when they do, they get cleaned!! So does that mitigate my sin of neglect?

And I'm also guilty of leaving a bunch of Cricut cartridges in their blister packs. I just haven't gotten around to using them yet....

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to meezerpleaser

I make layouts but never put them into books!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

If you all want to send me your new and unused Cricut carts I will be more than happy to take them and use them! I only have 4!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I am guilty of the biggest scrap book sin of all.....neglecting my scrappy supplies....I have been away from scrappy goodness for months and the poor dears are begging me to pleeeeeease give them some attention!!!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I'm a stamp neglecter, as in I've had some for 5 years and they've never tasted ink. After reading about all of the other locked-up stamps out there, I'm going to use mine on my next LO.

I don't journal.

I take my cricut cartridges out of the packs right away to load on my Gypsy but there are a few I haven't used yet and I've had them for a year at least.

I put a LOT of pics on a page and sometimes have too many LO's for the same event but I just have a hard time narrowing it down. I'm working on that problem.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to pugs223

I guess this now begs the question, does anyone take good care of their stamps??

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Bxr-Linda

I sort of do! LOL I always try to clean them and put them away ASAP because if I don't it just won't happen. I know my laziness all too well.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Smashley

I clean 'em too. I keep a pack of baby wipes in a desk drawer and wipe them down as I go. I know that's probably not the best way to clean them, but it's better than nothing is my rationale.

Lisa

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Smashley

I DO take care of my stamps - maybe that's why I haven't used them as much as the number of them I buy indicates I do.

I spend money on supplies like there's no tomorrow. (There IS one, isn't there?) But then I use every last snippet of everything. I have a large scrap paper drawer, but I rummage through it often, and I save even an inch of ribbon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I take care of my stamps, but I have a lot that have never been used.

I have 3 Cricut cartridges that are out of the blister pack but not used and probably a dozen that have only been used once or twice.

I hate filing scraps and usually accumulate a pile that defies gravity before taking care of them. I don't save any pieces smaller than a quarter page (you can get a lot out that with a Cricut or other die cut matchine).

I am also not real careful about acid free. There are no delusions in this scrapper that makes me think anyone will want my books when I'm done with them.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hey, if not taking care of your stamps is good enough for Tim Holtz, it is good enough for me!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:

I don't think I've ever cared about acid free. Isn't it not acid free after you touch it any way?

I'm not supposed to use glue sticks? News to me, it's the cheapest form of adhesive I've found!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
I'm a stamp neglecter, as in I've had some for 5 years and they've never tasted ink. After reading about all of the other locked-up stamps out there, I'm going to use mine on my next LO.

I don't journal.

I take my cricut cartridges out of the packs right away to load on my Gypsy but there are a few I haven't used yet and I've had them for a year at least.

I put a LOT of pics on a page and sometimes have too many LO's for the same event but I just have a hard time narrowing it down. I'm working on that problem.

Great excuse to start making mini books!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I guess this now begs the question, does anyone take good care of their stamps??

I am OCD about taking good care of my stamps. As soon as I'm finished I head to the sink and give them a good wash down.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Mini-books - now that's a GREAT idea. Must go research....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pugs223

Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve minibooks! More than regular pages!!!!

(hanging head in shame) i have been known to be so excited about what I am making, that I jump from one cricut cart to another and DO NOT PUT THEM AWAY right away! Yes, Maams,,,,,,I yank them out, yank off the overlay and toss them on my table,,,,

bad scrapper,,,,,bad!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• CommaHolly Said:

(hanging head in shame) i have been known to be so excited about what I am making, that I jump from one cricut cart to another and DO NOT PUT THEM AWAY right away! Yes, Maams,,,,,,I yank them out, yank off the overlay and toss them on my table,,,,

bad scrapper,,,,,bad!

Pre-gypsy, I totally did the same thing. Some cartridges would even end up the wrong box

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to pugs223

I think I have a bit of OCD also,,,I clean my stamps after each use with the SU Cleaner. I also like to clean my desk when I finish my LOs or Cards. To me, It just makes it easier to start the nest Mess.

The bad thing I do is, I use some items that might not be acid free,,but they don't touch my photos.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
I think I have a bit of OCD also,,,I clean my stamps after each use with the SU Cleaner. I also like to clean my desk when I finish my LOs or Cards. To me, It just makes it easier to start the nest Mess.

The bad thing I do is, I use some items that might not be acid free,,but they don't touch my photos.

Definitely agree, but sometimes I get lazy and just really don't feel like it.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

I don't journal.

I often don't even put on a title.

I have stacks of LOs with no home.

I have at least 3 albums I've started and not finished, and one is from a vacation over 2 years ago... I get bored easily and have a very short attention span.... SQUIRREL!!!

I have to say though, I'm super OCD. I always pick my toys up after I'm done playing.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to Bxr-Linda

I am new at stamping...kinda hate it anyway because I stink at it....boo.....so I don't care to clean them a bit......lol I let mt 3 yr old play building blocks with them to occupy her sometimes, lol hehe shhhhhhh

I use all kinds of things non acid free....like clothes tags, newspaper, silk flowers, and cut out news letters from my kids school ect ect. I am so bad about that even my kids now ask if they can throw something away they think I might think is cool and may use to scrap.

I don't have near enuff albums so my poor poor LO's lay on a shelf unprotected, while I lie and promise them I'll cover them soon. I really do plan too.....but soon has to be a lie because I've said this for a year now.

I am guilty of only cleaning my scrap table when I can no longer see it or push anythimg else over for at least 12 inches of space, lol. (But I just re organized and cleaned lat weekend so I'm good for today, lol)

Errrr I take out the white paper in albums that is meant to stable the pages YOU PUT IN AND USE THEM TO SCRAP WITH BECAUSE IT MUST BE ACID FREE IF IT'S IN AN ALBUM IN THE FIRST PLACE RIGHT?!?!?!
You can never have enuff paper.......

I buy when I know I shouldn't, or don't need to.

I take pictures just to have something to scrap,or because think it'll make a nice LO not because it's a memorable moment

Not sure if it's bad, but I do not have one of those nifty cutters made for scrapping, I came across one of those old style arm cutters long ago, and thats what I use....

I'm sure theres more but this was on the top of my head.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to jennaroo

Oh yeah I make LO's and leave them in the to be glued box for months.

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers

• CommaHolly Said:

bad scrapper,,,,,bad!

that's me...my 2 year old daughter found an overlay in the playroom the other day and brought it to me...although i'm convinced she's the one who hid it in there!!

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to jeneppers

Oh yeah---I DID NOT TITLE my last LO...

I was told I had to come confess or Penny would call the scrapper police and they'd come get me!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to jennaroo

• jennaroo Said:

Errrr I take out the white paper in albums that is meant to stable the pages YOU PUT IN AND USE THEM TO SCRAP WITH BECAUSE IT MUST BE ACID FREE IF IT'S IN AN ALBUM IN THE FIRST PLACE RIGHT?!?!?!

They are? News to me.

I don't even get these.

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:

I don't journal.

I often don't even put on a title.

I have stacks of LOs with no home.

I have at least 3 albums I've started and not finished, and one is from a vacation over 2 years ago... I get bored easily and have a very short attention span.... SQUIRREL!!!

I have to say though, I'm super OCD. I always pick my toys up after I'm done playing.

SQUIRREL!!! LOL!!

Edited by TimeScrapper on 09-09-10 02:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

It's easy to get distracted by all the pretty things!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to mommaprov

• mommaprov Said:
There is a ton of stuff I am too afride to try cause I don't want to damage my pictures. And the pictures are the reason I am scrapbooking in the first place.

Yep the pics are the reason I scrap in the first place too! I just figure, I want to have fun doing it and not freak about what I should or shouldn't use!

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to Bxr-Linda

We say SQUIRREL all the time at my house!! I love that movie!! We can be in the middle of a conversation and we'll just break out and say SQUIRREL!!

That made me crack up!!

Did you do a LO called Adventure is out there?? I just commented on that LO bc I loved the title!!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to jeneppers

• jeneppers Said:
We say SQUIRREL all the time at my house!! I love that movie!! We can be in the middle of a conversation and we'll just break out and say SQUIRREL!!

That made me crack up!!

In our family it's "ooh...look a butterfly"

People posted earlier about the pages including in albums for stability...I've got these in most of my albums and I used to take the paper out and use it. But it is a really flimsy paper and I quit, don't really see how such a thin piece of paper is supposed to add stability.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I set the pressure on my Cricut blade so high/deep that it cuts into the cutting mat! I don't have the patience to snip with scissors what doesn't actually cut.

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to Gelidy Gelato

man you guys made me feel soooooooo much better about how I use my stuff. I clean up after every lo because I have a 12 month old who LOVES my scrapbook stuff. But I HAVE to put my lo's in albums and all my pictures are printed for the last 2 years and are VERY organized!!! I was horrible about my cricket cartridges until I started sharing and them I didn't want to damage someone else's property. ALl of my lo are organized in albums that I am always trying to get someone else to look at. and I do not own a simgle stamp!!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to mommaprov

I AM the scrap police and you're all under arrest. Your sentence is to
Clean your stamps
Clean up your mess
Return all borrowed cartridges and various supplies
Get rid of all non acid free cr*p
and do a page of journaling for each layout you have ever done

or not

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-09-10 03:57 PM
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Clean your stamps
Clean up your mess

or not

No. Shant. You will never take me alive.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-09-10 04:01 PM
In response to Obi

I didn't immediately clean up something which DD spilt on an old album because I thought it was empty. It wasn't.

troylet
Idol
troylet
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • jennaroo Said:

They are? News to me.

I don't even get these.

Huh. I didn't know that, either. I also use them to scrap with!

troylet
Idol
troylet
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Clean your stamps
Clean up your mess

or not

LOL! You're gonna need a warrant to see my craft corner!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to troylet

This is all too funny!!

I used to sell and use CM exclusively and was very stringent on the acid free thing. I have relaxed alittle on that one. I do not clean up my mess after each page. My room is a mess!!! I do not have all of my pages in albums. They are in scrap boxes from Michael's. I don't use stamps very often, but once in a while when I do, I don't clean them right away. I do have to say, I have all of my pics printed.. which is good!! But, on the other hand when you have a ton of 4x6's makes it hard to scrap!!!! I crop them in pretty tight when I take them! So, Dollscrap, you are going to need a warrant for my room too!! Cuz nobody can see it!! It doesn't look so pretty right now!!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to momma paparazzi

I've started printing pictures on cardstock. Yep...cardstock. Not even photo paper...although I have all these great intentions of buying some.

I only kinda, sorta clean my stamps. More often then not, the only reason they get cleaned is if I'm switching between colors using the same stamp since I NEVER think to stamp white first....

My cricut sits in a corner...all by itself. My husband gets more use out of it than I do. And yet I continue to make SVG files for SCAL use though I don't use them.

I have a plethora of digital scrapbooking supplies that have not seen the light of Photoshop since I downloaded some of them nearly 3 years ago...

Many of my layouts are sitting in a box. YES...LAYING FLAT one on top of another. I need to buy albums. But they're expensive. I'm known to pull the bulkiest of the layouts from the box and continue to move it to the top of the pile just so it doesn't get ruined or ruin other pages.

Acid/lignen-free...ehh. I don't bother checking. I use whatever I feel inclined to. Whatever.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to CMLeach

I am very guilty of not printing my photos and not organizing my photos that I get from others or photos that actually do get printed. I have multiple envelopes of miscellaneous photos waiting to be organized.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Bxr-Linda

well, I confess... My layouts don't "flow" and they're usually not "balanced"... (I'm not!

I stick my photos, etc anywhere on the page that I darn well please.

night owl scrapper
Resident
night owl scrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

I abuse stamps, sometimes too!!!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to night owl scrapper

I don't always journal, or use a title, and I don't separate lo's into different albums. Doesn't matter what the lo is about, they all go into the same album. Oh, and I still like stickers.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to lisymarie

I have no concept of design rules. Rules schmules. If I like it, I stick it.

Like Holly, I use my jeans to wipe my sticky, painty, glittery hands. Oh well. Stick happens.

I forget to use a table protector for my dining room table, where I scrap. have a decent-sized spot where the wax was somehow removed. It's noticeable at certain angles, but DH has yet to spot it!

emmaloo
Tenant
emmaloo
In response to Luvmyfam

My main scrapping "sin" is that I spend as much time organizing all my toys and pretties as I do actually scrapping. It makes for a very organized scrap space, but not a lot of layouts.

I do clean my stamps, though. And the table, and the window by the scrap table and...

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

Speaking of wiping things on things...yesterday I poured very fine glitter onto a flower I was making, and used a 12x12 paper to catch the excess. After pouring it back into the glitter bottle, there was still glitter on the paper so what did I do? Why....I rubbed the paper on my head that's what! LOL...I figured it's like that glitter spray you buy for your hair, right? Right? no?

Oh yea..my dog will spring three feet straight up in the air from a dead sleep if you say "SQUIRREL!!"

Edited by TimeScrapper on 09-09-10 08:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, what's the "squirrell" thing?

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper

• CommaHolly Said:
OK, what's the "squirrell" thing?

Ever see the movie "Up"?

whiteracoon
Expert
whiteracoon

Hmm.. am I a bad scrapper?
I abuse stamps: I DO clean them every time I use 'em (water & soap & stampcleaner & wipe them), but I have about 30 stamps and used only 3-4 of them (each less than 5 times!) So all these silicone and rubber thingies stay in my drawer, whine and cry for being applied somehow. Poor babies...
And also I have a bunch of prima roses - used 3 of them once. Others stay in my stash for years

I made a 82 page scrapbook in a bound photo album: no separate pages and layout, all together with no journaling at all.

I don't care for acid free: I love incorporating different things in my LOs. Memorabilia or just fun things, even edible stuff like millet, semolina

I try never to use adhesive tapes and always advice others to avoid them, I believe tapes are evil

I use color pencils and coffee to make my own backgrounds instead of buying normal pp...

Geeez... I seem to be a not-scrapper at all...

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I just tore apart a really nice, EXPENSIVE wedding invite we got in order to reuse the vellum overlay, the pocket, lace, charms etc for something else. Naughty maybe, but it was some cool stuff!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to whiteracoon

• whiteracoon Said:
Hmm.. am I a bad scrapper?
I abuse stamps: I DO clean them every time I use 'em (water & soap & stampcleaner & wipe them), but I have about 30 stamps and used only 3-4 of them (each less than 5 times!) So all these silicone and rubber thingies stay in my drawer, whine and cry for being applied somehow. Poor babies...
And also I have a bunch of prima roses - used 3 of them once. Others stay in my stash for years

I made a 82 page scrapbook in a bound photo album: no separate pages and layout, all together with no journaling at all.

I don't care for acid free: I love incorporating different things in my LOs. Memorabilia or just fun things, even edible stuff like millet, semolina

I try never to use adhesive tapes and always advice others to avoid them, I believe tapes are evil

I use color pencils and coffee to make my own backgrounds instead of buying normal pp...

Geeez... I seem to be a not-scrapper at all...

Hey, if you want to seel any unused Primas for reasonable, you know, to clear out space for other stuff...send me a PM, I'll buy!

Should've been SELL-no coffee yet-sorry!

Edited by ScrappyMama6 on 09-10-10 03:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to jeneppers

• jeneppers Said:

Same here!! lol

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to Hey Jude

I'm not sure what all the rules are, but I think I'm doing a no-no when I have an opened beverage on my worktable.
Oh, and I don't have a work mat.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-10-10 04:16 AM
In response to Smashley

I don't save left overs, I have abandoned my stamps, I don't clean up and I start new projects without finishing other ones cause I get bored!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Clean your stamps
Clean up your mess

or not

Thank goodness I always keep some bail money!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Oh, I have NEVER made a 'scrapbook'.

troylet
Idol
troylet
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
I just tore apart a really nice, EXPENSIVE wedding invite we got in order to reuse the vellum overlay, the pocket, lace, charms etc for something else. Naughty maybe, but it was some cool stuff!

Not naughty -- resourceful! I'd do the same thing!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
  • Smashley Said:

I'm not supposed to use glue sticks? News to me, it's the cheapest form of adhesive I've found!

I have no problem with my trusty glue stick - much cheaper than an ATG!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

I am REALLY good at making half scrapbooks.

I thought of another VERY naughty thing I have done in the world of scrap. I went on vacation to Disney 2 YEARS ago. I bought a scrapbook kit IN Disney. The pics are still on my computer and the kit is packed away in a box in the garage right now.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to cutencrafty

• cutencrafty Said:
I make layouts but never put them into books!

WOAH! You are braaaaave Are they non-digi? Where do you keep them?

AND GLUESTICKS???? REALLY PEOPLE? YOU SHOULD ALL BE LOCKED UP (i'll be the one in the straight jacket)

Edited by Just G on 09-10-10 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

I'm so dumbfounded. I have an entire bookshelf of them! Then again i'm traditional paper girl....digi would be so much more neater. I just can't go to the darkside../

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Just G

That is what I do to! I have never made a whole book. I 'scrappage' HEEHEE!!! I keep them in a cabinet.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Hey Jude

• Hey Jude Said:
I'm not sure what all the rules are, but I think I'm doing a no-no when I have an opened beverage on my worktable.
Oh, and I don't have a work mat.

Hell on a good weekend when kiddo goes to bed my wine will be with me

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Hey Jude

• Hey Jude Said:
  • jeneppers Said:

Same here!! lol

LMAO. My boyfriend had never seen that movie (his daughter is 24) so my DD and I made him watch it. He says it now all the time!!! ha!

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to Bxr-Linda

Haha BXRLINDA......They are actually meant for easing your pages in and out of the protector I think, I don't know why I worded it like that, lol.......

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to jennaroo

I use those white sheets that come in albums to make photo templates in different sizes to help me make layouts.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics