Username Post: HSN 24-Hour Craft Special        (Topic#1542768)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

OK, so I'm not exactly in the states, so I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to HSN.

- I mainly just like to watch.

- I'm not sure how often scrapbooking/crafting is highlighted.

- Although I think it does exist, I'm not sure where the HSN Threads are here within the Forums. So, I hope it's okay to post it here.

Anyways, for the sake of conversation, is anyone else watching or will be watching?

Where I'm at, they just finished showcasing the Cricut Imagine & now they're showing the Cuttlebug Version 2.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I am watching. I dvr'ed the entire day of shows. I also treated myself to the Cricut Imagine, the extra carts for it & some other items. I was bad bad bad lol

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Diva Scraps

Sorry, no cable TV here-7 years and counting...but my MIL calls me from time to time to tell me about the deals they had!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ScrappyMama6

I've been watching ... haven't bought anything so far, but I'll have it on while I'm home

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to madmatter

I'll be watching off and on today. Mostly for the Tim Holtz stuff. So glad he is on HSN now.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to forevervampress

have it on right now. Let me tell you, when they make the Cricut Imagine 5 easy payments of $99.99 it gets tempting! LOL.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Brenscraps

Thanks for the heads up.....I'm able to watch a bit before heading off to the office.. WHY don't they ever air scrapbooking shows on Saturdays or Sundays??? I'm just hoping I can catch a bit of Tim Holtz's show before heading out of here...

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to Scrapkaty

20 minutes before Tim Holtz-I can't believe I'm this excited!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to patchouli2000

i'm watching it online right now.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Im watching! .......DVRed the whole day!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to melissadam

hanging with my boy Tim ... haven't actually bought anything yet, but am seriously tempted by the idea book. Does anyone have it?

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to madmatter

ordered the Cricut Imagine, the Tim Holtz Idea Book, and the Tim Holtz basic tool kit. Next Friday will be a happy day when the deliveries start rolling in.

Heads up for the Tim people... alot of things are selling out quick.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to BJscrapsalot

Watching Timmy right now!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to byondbzr

Even with free shipping, I can get most of these items at my local M's with a coupon for a better price, so I wound up not getting anything, but I'm bummed that I'll be at work for Tim's next hour ... he is just too cute and so talented

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to madmatter

I'm watching right now havn't bought anything can't really afford anything... the joy of graduating from college in this economy... hard to find a job :-(

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to stephie056

Been watching off and on all morning. So far haven't bought anything. I've been good.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to stephie056

I am so tempted to order the Imagine. I had no desire for the machine until I saw the demo.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Kamananui

I'm watching it off and on today. It's great. Love the "technique" demos.....everyone enjoy!

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma
In response to wilbur

I was watching Tim this morning and the storms made my satellite go out! He's back on at 3pm Central so I'll be recording it again then!

crythomas
Pro
crythomas
In response to massadmomma

I stayed up until Midnight so I could get the cricut imagine. The price of the machine and the 3 cartridges was perfect espically since everysite I saw said it might retail for $600.00. I am taping the shows to watch when I get home tonight.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to crythomas

aww Crystal..you should have just went on hsn.com and ordered. I ordered mine around 10:30pm est. I cannot wait for it to get here! I've been eyeing it for months & it was a total surprise for it to be launched today!!

Did anyone else order any of the extra carts? I've been avoiding watching more of the shows because I did so much damage yesterday between an archivers run & this! GAH! I am definitely done until at least November...lol I think.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to crythomas

I caught some of it last night, but I can't imagine watching it for 24 hours. lol

I had ordered the TH Idea Book as part of my payment when I was working at an lss for supplies. I love it. I bought some fragments after I saw all the things you can do with them.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to johnsusan8

I have been watching since midnight off and on. So far I have bought some of the Tim's distress inks and travel grungeboard kit.

Yes, Tim's idea book is worth it. I bought it when it first came out on the market. I have a signed edition.

Still holding off buying the Imagine, the price is too high.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to dotfree

I got caught up in all the hoopla last night and ordered the Imagine. Can't wait for it to get here!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to dotfree

• dotfree Said:
Still holding off buying the Imagine, the price is too high.

Congrats to those that got one!

I think I'm gonna hafta wait at least 2 more Christmas'es until I can grab me one!

(Dear Santa...I really want...a, b & c!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Currently watching the 2nd showing of Tim.

Also looking forward to seeing what is highlighted with Anna Griffin & Martha.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

The HSN hostess lady just commented to Tim, 'What A Great Gift Tag!'

Sorry to be a snob, but that was my indicator that she 'just doesn't get it!'

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to KellyCali

Imagine is in now EST. The hair and voice on the provo rep. is freaking me out. Just want to see it work out of curiosity, not interested in buying one. It's too...I don't know, rigid.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to fatwhippet

The Best Friend Cart reminds me of something straight out of Cosmo Cricket.

Nursery Tails is super cute, but looks kinda similiar as well! A softer version of Friendly Forest or something by Bo Bunny or Reminisce.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Update - She just mentioned that the carts are based on company's like Cosmo C.

That answers that!

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to KellyCali

I haven't seen the demo, but I've read the stuff on the Cricut website about the Imagine, but I just don't see the point of it. What am I missing? It sounds like the point of it is to take the "work" out of scrapping, which is the part I like. And I bet those ink cartridges really add up.

I wish Cricut would throw their research and development money into developing cartridges that are more trendy or technology that would allow you to download cartridges for a reduced price from their site, instead of always coming out with new machines. If they had downloadable cartridges or images, they could sell them for less, increase sales through volume, and help the enviromment by cutting down on packaging. Plus, you could have the immediate gratification of buying and using a new cartridge at 3am.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Tammy Sue

Kelly, Provocraft has teamed up with Cosmo Cricket and other companies for the Imagine Cartrtidges....I believe Bazzill as well.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to HisGEM

This is driving me nuts. I've been watching all day and throughout the day they'll mention the cost of paper and say the paper is such a deal compared to going to your local stor and spending the normal $2 bucks a sheet. I don't know where they are shopping but i'd find a new store to buy my paper from. lol

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Tammy Sue

• Tammy Sue Said:
I haven't seen the demo, but I've read the stuff on the Cricut website about the Imagine, but I just don't see the point of it. What am I missing? It sounds like the point of it is to take the "work" out of scrapping, which is the part I like. And I bet those ink cartridges really add up.

The main thing that caught my eye was the fact that you could print and cut all the layers without having to change out different colors paper. I like that idea for time and the fact I can never line up that small scrap right. I also liked what it can do with your existing cartridges.

I believe the color replacement ink is $40 from HSN. It does feel like they swapped one expense for another expense.

I think overall the technology is fascinating. However, for me this bundle is just too much, especially with the more "girl" specific cartridges. I have boys so I am really not interested in paying for the extra cartridges that i won't use.

Just curious........Has anyone caught the humor of having the Imagine on followed by the Kodak printer whose main point is that ink is expensive with all the other printers but theirs is only $18 for color.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Cindyckj

Exactly cindyckl!
My other gripe is who pays full price for their cartridges?? I get annoyed when they try to tell you what a great deal something is based on MSRP.

SuzyM
SuzyM 
Resident
SuzyM
  • SuzyM on 09-14-10 06:17 PM
In response to jaxxan

Well I actually bought it then cancelled it. I have the original BUG my mom bought me and for me it works. I realized after reading some of the comments on another thread I like picking the paper, the shapes, the layout, playing with inks so I decided this wasn't for me because it was going to take the fun out of it.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to SuzyM

About those kodak printers. When I was looking for printers I was dead set on getting one of those but then I read the reviews and people loved the cheap ink but the printers themselves were always breaking and I think some weren't happy with the print quality. So I ended up with a cannon printer and normal expensive ink but this ink lasts a good long time. lol

lol

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Cindyckj

Oh I know, I am right there with you. I ended up with a new HP with its incredibly ridiculous expensive cartridges, but it was one of the only wireless that worked with a mac.

Yeah I just had to chuckle that here is provo craft talking about the inks, how much you can print and almost acid free followed by Kodak who is basically pointing out how hp is not archival and have expensive ink. I was surprised that HSN had both on fairly close together.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to jaxxan

Dont know if I am following this right, but if I am printing/coloring and then cutting, am I not just really making a flat embellie without dimemsion, much like a sticker?? Which i realize that that is much of what a cricut does/is, but with at least cutting them separately and layering them, it does give it alittle depth.
Just confused, I guess.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ChansGram

you can do both, one flat image or separate the image into its layers, pick the colors for each layer without having to change paper,cut then put the layers together like you do now.

Is that what you were asking???

Edited by jaxxan on 09-14-10 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to jaxxan

yes,! thats what was confusing me!! So I see now. Still wont get one tho!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ChansGram

Holy cow they sold over 10,200 machines at 500 a pop they took in at least 5.2 mill today! OH sold out! Wow!

Edited by jaxxan on 09-14-10 07:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to jaxxan

Ha! PC is laughin all the way to the bank!! Theres something out there for eveyone! when i actually get to see one for real, i'll probably jump on the band wagon! I still haven't even got the Gypsy- first things first, right!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ChansGram

Oh I hear you! I just got the gypsy last month not overly impressed. I do like the welding and grouping feature but not sure my needs justify the cost!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jaxxan

I recently had the Gypsy on this years Wish List.

Let's just say, it's since been taken off.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Did anyone catch the part where Ginger (the Provo rep) mentioned that they will most likely have 100 more new carts coming out in 2011?

Variety is good & all, but...

(monetary insanity!)

I can't take it. I wish they would just include them with the main machine or start grouping, boxing up & selling them all together, as 1 big mega cart!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KellyCali

Yeah I caught that, I wish they made more carts for boys in the tween stage. I am tired of all the girlie stuff.

Edited by jaxxan on 09-14-10 08:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to KellyCali

It would be nice in the future if they could set up their website to buy individual images to cut. Charge a few bucks to get that rare thing you want but will never buy a cart for. Guess we will have to wait until they come out with some new design studio software.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sonsie

• Sonsie Said:
It would be nice in the future if they could set up their website to buy individual images to cut. Charge a few bucks to get that rare thing you want but will never buy a cart for. Guess we will have to wait until they come out with some new design studio software.

Oh, that would be awesome!!! So many carts I have bought for just a few cuts.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Did anyone catch the part where Ginger (the Provo rep) mentioned that they will most likely have 100 more new carts coming out in 2011?

Variety is good & all, but...

(monetary insanity!)

I can't take it. I wish they would just include them with the main machine or start grouping, boxing up & selling them all together, as 1 big mega cart!

Wasn't that the case this yr too? I think there was suppose to be about 100 carts released. Crazy.
I have about 50 carts or so and as it is I barely touch any of the older ones. Its so hard to remember what you have, where certain cuts are, etc. ! Stop the madness!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to ChansGram

I like to be able to buy the individual carts cause if they grouped them all together i'd never be able to afford that big of an expense all at once.

I was just glad to get an official answer from cricut last night on their facebook page that they will continue to make new cricut cartridges that can be used in all the previous cricut machines.

I would have been very upset if i'd have found out that I had just bought my create last spring only to find out I could get no more new carts to use in it.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Cindyckj

They would be out of business so fast if they did that every time they introduced a new machine.

Yeah I like being able to buy individual carts but I like the idea of some images available for a download fee.
I would especially like a special offer of picking three cartridges for a certain discounted price. This way you are not stuck with something you won't use.
OOOH to dream...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics