Username Post: Cuttlebug vs Sizzix Texture Boutique        (Topic#1543827)
lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

I know there are a lot of Cuttlebug and/or embossing threads floating around, but I didn't want to hijack them. Can someone compare/contrast the Cuttlebug and Sizzix Texture Boutique? I was thinking of getting the Cuttlebug so I could emboss cardstock for cards, but then I read that the Texture Boutique is a lot cheaper. I have a Cricut Expression, so I don't need the die-cutting capabilities of the Cuttlebug. Thanks.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lisymarie

If you don't want to cut, I'd go with the texture boutique. They both do the same size embossing folders, but the texture boutique ONLY embosses, whereas the cuttlebug takes many dies as well,,,,

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to CommaHolly

What she said! I love my Texture Boutique!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CatScrapsHere

if you're only looking to emboss I say go with the texture boutique! Especially if you have an M's, J's or A's nearby that you can get coupons from!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MrsAnnieS

I totally love my Sizzix texture boutique. I have the expression too, so didn't really want another cutting machine.

chicarella
Expert
chicarella
In response to debby_westbrook

Another vote for the texture boutique! Love mine!

But, it won't take the larger embossing folders - nothing larger than 4x6 I believe. So if you think you are going to want to use larger folders I would go with the cuttlebug.

SheCre8s
Expert
SheCre8s
In response to chicarella

I too only use for embossing but went with the cuttlebug because of the bigger platform. I have a ton of the fiskar plates, and can always find them so cheap but they dont work in the sizzix. I believe there were others I found didnt work in sizzix either so cuttlebug it was and now I actually USE my fiskar texture plates

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to SheCre8s

I have a cricut for cutting so I got a texture boutique and I really love it! And it takes the cuttlebug embossing folders.

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to Smashley

I just bought the Texture Boutique and am waiting patiently for it to arrive. I to went back and forth between the cuttlebug and the boutique. I found a great deal on here that I just couldn't pass up for the boutique. I also have the Expression and can do the cuts that I want on that.

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to lojay7

I have spent the last week going back an forth over this same decision. I went to m's last night to see them in person. I have decided to go with the Cuttlebug. Here is my method to the madness on my decision. Although I just got a cricut and will probably only emboss I want to have to ability to die cut If for some reason in the future I want to. I like that the cuttlebug is larger and has the flat panels that lay down to work on. After watching many tutorials on YouTube it looks easier imo to work with, but thats just me. Also I'm going to use one of my 40% off coupons on it so it should only be $40. and because I know it will work with more folders because it's larger for example the fiskars folders that I already own.
Too many times I have gone with the cheaper alternative to turn around a Little while later and buy the bigger better one in the end costing me more.

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady
In response to SheCre8s

• Brandilynn Said:
I too only use for embossing but went with the cuttlebug because of the bigger platform. I have a ton of the fiskar plates, and can always find them so cheap but they dont work in the sizzix. I believe there were others I found didnt work in sizzix either so cuttlebug it was and now I actually USE my fiskar texture plates

Brandii, The Fiskars plates you are talking about, are they blue and about 5x7 in size. I have those. They fit through the Cuttlebug?

renwa33
Expert
renwa33
In response to Katlady

My sister has the cuttlebug, I went with the texture boutique since I have a cricut and just wanted embossing (and for 1/2 the price it looked good) I love the embossing-it does a great job, BUT, I like that you can also put the cuttlebug folders in sideways when you want to emboss just half your card, ya know? I do like the boutique and have no intention of trading it out--just thought I'd point out one downside I found...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to renwa33

I don't think you can use the newer 5x7 folders in the texture boutique, that would be a big downside to me.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to Here Kitty

I would suggest that you get the Cuttlebug over the Texture Boutique because even though it may be more expensive, you will also have the option if you choose in the future to die cut. The Spellbinder's Dies are really great (luv the Nestabilites Dies)....as well as Tim Holtz's cool dies....just mho!!!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Katlady

• Katlady Said:
  • Brandilynn Said:

Brandii, The Fiskars plates you are talking about, are they blue and about 5x7 in size. I have those. They fit through the Cuttlebug?

They work! I saw a post about it on another board and had to try it! You just need another layer. I've heard you can use a mat like the Spellbinders one or a plumber's gasket pad! I use the plumber's gasket - only cost a couple of bucks at Lowe's or Home Depot! The impression isn't quite as crisp as the Cuttlebug folders, but I've heard you can lightly spritz the paper with water first to get a better impression.

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

I bought the texture boutique from a friend and I am very limited & disappointed on what embossing folders I can use... and have ordered the cuddlebug (waiting for it to arrive) as it has a larger platform to accept all folders plus die cutting.
I will see how I like the cuddlebug soon.. fingers crossed ;-)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics