Welcome to the Monthly Sketch Challenge!
(I will be filling in for Jami while she prepares for her wedding!!! God Bless Jami! We will miss you and will eagerly await your return!!!)
Hello fellow Scrap-a-holics! One of my favorite & most used tools in my scrapbooking happens to be sketches. I've been using them for years & love how a great sketch makes a page seem so much simpler to put together when you are feeling overwhelmed by the # of photos/all the embellies/different papers, etc. or when you can't seem to come up with an original idea for the page you want to create. I am in constant search of inspiration & I've found sketches to hold a wealth of it when I am stuck or in need of an idea to get me started on my next project.
So this challenge is for anyone in need of a little creative jump-start or inspirational push to get them back to scrappin' & preserving those treasured memories...or for those of you who like me have used sketches and know how valuable they can be & love them as much as I do--and did I mention there will be Prizes awarded for the winners? Yes I said winners meaning more than one! That's right--I will be giving away prizes, [in the form of various scrappin' goodies from my own personal collection], to the creators of the LO's w/the most votes @ the end of the month.
Do I have your attention NOW?
If so, here's how to play:
1. Reply to this topic & let me know you are game!
2. Every Monday during the month of October, [starting Monday, October 4 & ending Monday, October 25], I will post a new sketch that you will have exactly 1 week to complete & upload/share with the rest of us.
Entries MUST be posted to the thread NO LATER than the following Monday by 1pm PST/4pm EST to be eligable to win a prize.
3. Any size LO 6x6 and larger is welcome!
4. Digital LO's are also welcome.
5. Players may join at anytime during the month and DO NOT have to complete all of the sketches posted to qualify for a prize. However they DO have to check in more than once a month & be actively involved in the thread if they would like their work to be eligable for a prize.
***I am making a revision. Since the popularity of this thread has grown to having 30+ consistent players during any given week, I realize that leaving comments on that many LO's can become quite time consuming. Therefore commenting on the work of others is no longer a requirement of this challenge. I would still encourage you to do so if you wish and are able to, however it is now completely optional and up to each individual player to decide if they will or will not. I have found just maintaining this challenge can be overwhelming and I DO NOT wish to turn any willing players away who find inspiration in the sketches but are limited by time/family responsibilities/work schedules, etc., I mean, this is supposed to be fun, not stressful and I don't want any of my players feeling stressed because they feel like they are falling behind leaving comments. Real life is more important.***
6. At the end of the month-immediately following the close of the last week's deadline-all players should PM me their top 3 Favorite LO FOR EACH WEEK & the 3 LO's for each week w/the most nominations will then be put to a vote. ALL members of SB.com will be eligable to vote for their favs...after which 4 winners will be selected...(one for each week of the month). Winners will be announced & then will need to PM me their contact info, [shipping address/email], so that I can send them out their prizes!
**~You are also always welcome to play along just for fun & all the scrappy inspiration & share your LO's whenever you complete them.
**When selecting your top 3 favs please do not vote for yourself since I already award you a vote just for voting. If your LO makes it to the monthly finals you are of course, welcome to vote for yourself!**
WELCOME & HAPPY SCRAPPIN'! : ]
***~Public Embed and Upload to Challenge~***
1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it. Next click "EDIT IMAGE"
2. Under small pick of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT
NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. Go to box that says "Share"
2. Click the 'Share Anywhere' option
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.