Page 3 of 7 
Username Post: {The ABC's of Organization Support Group}        (Topic#1544033)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Nancy Keslin

Great Job on posting & keeping up with the Daily To-Do List Ladies!

Even if you don't actually get to them, it's still always really great to have a plan of action, as well as, goals & reminders to work towards!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Thanks also for voting in the group poll...It's nice to sorta get a feel as to where we all might be!

Tina thanks for the updated list. I'll be sure to add it/to what you've already posted from pg. 1

Nancy, Awesome Job & Thanks For Sharing!...I'll be sure to add your pics, as well as stop by & take a closer look at each photo!

In the meantime, Have A Great Night Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Inspiration Of The Day

Dream Rooms

http://www.frundy.com/coveting-craft-rooms/

Items of interest...The absolute gorgeous flooring...the beautiful soft touches...and the scissor storage that seems to be cut right into the white desk!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Kelly's To Do List

- Clean off my desk
- Clean up the floor
- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons

- Fabric storage
- Stickles storage

* I need to take a pic of my ribbons & Stickles.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to KellyCali

have done nothing so far ... promise to be better this weekend

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to madmatter

so far I've completed one task for this week. I found stuff I'd forgotten I saved like the 10 crystal light canisters! Then this morning as I was making my cup of Maxwell House International Coffee (the coffee at my office is horrible!) I was thinking "this can would be perfect to hold buttons!" lol!

1.check out other scrap spaces and work on a space plan
2. gather up all those things I've been collecting for possible storage and put them in one box (I have them everywhere right now!)-DONE!!
3. finish labeling boxes already in my closet

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to melissa*l

oh, that was supposed to be a *daily* to do list? I was thinking more like an an *eventually* to do list, hahaha!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

By the way, looks like that Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker is being re-released in November, according to amazon. Actually, I don't know if it's rerelease or an actual updated version. that's going on my christmas wish list!

Edited by Tina scraps on 10-05-10 03:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Inspiration Of The Day

Dream Rooms

http://www.frundy.com/coveting-craft-rooms/

Items of interest...The absolute gorgeous flooring...the beautiful soft touches...and the scissor storage that seems to be cut right into the white desk!

Kelly I love the pics!! It makes me want to start all over with designing my space!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Yummy and distracting, the Indian woman that lives in the townhouse next to us, is making something that smells delicious for dinner!! I am wanting to imagine with the cold weather that she is making some kind of spicy delicious chili!!

Okay... back on track!

To Do

Stickle Storage = Done
Find the perfect rug
Work on sewing machine area
work on Cricut area

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

SB.Com is doing a giveaway... expensive and equally cool organization!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/169361.html?utm_sour...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

madmatter, Here's to accomplishing all that you'd like to accomplish!

Way To Go Melissa!

Tina, that's really awesome about the book!...I would highly recommend it. I'd even go as far as to say, out of all my books, it's probably at the very top of my list, if not my most favorite!

Karen, congrats on finding a new Stickles Storage solution! You already know that I totally want to know what you ended up going with!

Keep Up All The Great Work Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Question Of The Day

(Besides basic tools such as pens, rulers, scissors & such), What are some of your most essential tools that you would like to have closest to you when you work?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Inspiration Of The Day

Aby Garvey's blog

http://creativeorganizing .typepad.com/
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Kelly's To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Clean off my desk*

- Clean up the floor
- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage
- Organize fibers

* I need to take a pic of my ribbons, Stickles & my desk.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Question Of The Day

(Besides basic tools such as pens, rulers, scissors & such), What are some of your most essential tools that you would like to have closest to you when you work?

Desk Essentials

OK, I'll admit, I think I struggle with this.

I either have too much or not enough space.

My essentials would be...

- adhesive
- ink
- stamps
- paper punches
- scissors
- rulers
- stapler
- pens
- paper

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
SB.Com is doing a giveaway... expensive and equally cool organization!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/169361.html?utm_sour...

guess I'd better start shopping

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Question Of The Day

I believe that my most reached for tool (besides the basics) is my ATG or Embossing gun... yes I love to heat emboss. Heat embossing goes hand in hand with my TH mat!!

My most reached for product would be distressing ink & blenders!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Kelly's To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Clean off my desk*

- Clean up the floor
- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage
- Organize fibers

* I need to take a pic of my ribbons, Stickles & my desk.

Oh my Fabric storage! Let's talk about this please!! I am working on my sewing area today... help!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

Fabric Storage Inspiration

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=755

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Fabric Storage

- Once again, I think it's probably good to first decide if you would like it to be...open storage (which can look pretty/add color to your space) OR if you would like to have it hidden (in cabinets/drawers/closets/ etc.)

- You can sort them by color/theme/or pattern for a more uniform look

- You can roll the fabric & tie them with twine/pretty ribbons/or tags

- You can fold them and stack them in a fat- quarter fashion/aka quilt block bundle. To finish, stack/gather/& tie with twine

- Display your fabric on a shelf/in a suitcase/in a drawer/in a decorate basket/bucket/in a mesh rolling drawer cart/plastic see-through-drawers/etc.

- For larger pieces you can hang them (on a rod/in a closet/on a ladder/over decorative metal bars/etc.)

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to KellyCali

oh my...you mean I am actually supposed to try and corral and organize this mess? eeeek! lol

I don't really have much time during the week, so I am shooting long term here.

I would like to get my kits organized by color (they are the remnants and need to be regrouped)

Make my space pretty again.

Find a new container for my mists.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Fabric Storage

- Once again, I think it's probably good to first decide if you would like it to be...open storage (which can look pretty/add color to your space) OR if you would like to have it hidden (in cabinets/drawers/closets/ etc.)

- You can sort them by color/theme/or pattern for a more uniform look

- You can roll the fabric & tie them with twine/pretty ribbons/or tags

- You can fold them and stack them in a fat- quarter fashion/aka quilt block bundle. To finish, stack/gather/& tie with twine

- Display your fabric on a shelf/in a suitcase/in a drawer/in a decorate basket/bucket/in a mesh rolling drawer cart/plastic see-through-drawers/etc.

- For larger pieces you can hang them (on a rod/in a closet/on a ladder/over decorative metal bars/etc.)

I am totally drooling over the last example you have hear Kelly!!

As for my sewing mess/area... I think I am going to go for quick and easy right now because I haven't been sewing much fabric lately More paper

I think this is going to be something I dwell on for awhile because I am not completely satisfied with the desk that I have my sewing machine on so I am going to keep an eye out for something better and then organize around the new desk. Unfortunately, but I have no $$ left right now for anything, but a rug because of my Ikea trip!! Which I LOVED!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I am now 80% done!! 5% will be finding the coolest and most affordable rug for my space, 5% sharing my stash that I don't use, and the last 10% is cleaning the room... real cleaning Well, really vacuum!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Once the rooms are the way you like them you don't really think about it, but you have to a) maintain them b) make a cleaning schedule! I didn't realize how dusty some of this stuff gets! Yikes, especially black furniture!

Okay... out shopping I go!! I love days off

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

To Do List

Daily...Weekly...Monthly...Whichever.

It's all up to each of you gals & or however much time you can afford.

My take is this...Even if you're not 'physically' working on something related to organizing...
...but you're actively talking, thinking & asking more about it...Then you're AT LEAST continually plotting & planning in your heads...And in the end, there's still success to be found in the organizational thought & effort all alone!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Karen, I forgot to mention above (& will go back & add)...that cutting larger material down to smaller sizes can also make bulk material more managable.

I have most of mine, if not all of it, cut down, gathered & in bundles.

Wrapping fabric around cardboard pieces is also another way to go. When you're done, you can secure the ends with a pretty, colorful straight pin.

HTH!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Way To Go Karen!

I can't believe how much you managed to accomplish this week! And you know me, I totally cannot wait to see what you've been up to!

You Go Girl With Your Organized Bad Self!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Good Luck finding the perfect rug!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Organizing & also remembering to still blog daily is sorta like juggling.

I managed to peek in on some of you, as well as including a special shoutout for our group here today!

October Organizational OCD

http://foreverpaperdreams .blogspot.com/2010/10/organiza...

Thanks Again for the daily chats, fun & continued ideas & inspiration!

I actually feel like I'm accomplishing something, without just forever & a day continue to just talk about it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

(posting this one on my blog today as well...)

Tip Of The Day

If you're like me, you might think about, talk about & dream about someday finally being completely organized...

However, life is life, and a busy one at that.

Just as with any number of topics, you won't have time, things won't get done, that is, IF you close the door, walk on by or just ignore things entirely.

So my tip of the day is this (from my own experience).

Make a deal with you & your scraproom today.

Tell yourself that you will physically enter your space X-amount of times a week.

When you go in, pick something up, pull something out, flip the calendar, dust something, take out the trash, etc.

Just by making the effort. 5 seconds of your time just might encourage, remind & or inspire you to create, clean, change or rearrange something new!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to KellyCali

that's a good idea kelly.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Yikes... less than a 100 days till Christmas!!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I find that at least talking, planning, or at least scheming about your space will eventually make something happen!! Goodness it took a long time to get DH to let me (for the most part) take over the entire spare bedroom!!

I need a name!!

A name for my scrapspace!!

Ideas, suggestions... recommendations, please!

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Question Of The Day

I have in my little bucket: scissors, tape, adhesive, sticky notes, a notebook, distressing tool, pens, adhesive removal square, eyelet setter, tweezers, and flash drive with sketches on it. Then I always keep my paper trimmer at hand. In between each layout I clean up my mess. Since I work in a small space it makes me feel better to start each project with a clean slate so to speak. I read on someones blog a great suggestion which is instead of cleaning up in between lo's like me, to use Rachel Ray's garbage bowl idea. Put a basket or bowl at your area to just throw everything into as you work and at the end put it all away (or once a week, whatever!)

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Organizing & also remembering to still blog daily is sorta like juggling.

I managed to peek in on some of you, as well as including a special shoutout for our group here today!

October Organizational OCD

http://foreverpaperdreams .blogspot.com/2010/10/organiza...

Thanks Again for the daily chats, fun & continued ideas & inspiration!

I actually feel like I'm accomplishing something, without just forever & a day continue to just talk about it!

I have been really neglecting my blog! I really had the best of intentions to keep up, but am finding it hard to balance everything!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to melissa*l

• melissa*l Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
Question Of The Day

I have in my little bucket: scissors, tape, adhesive, sticky notes, a notebook, distressing tool, pens, adhesive removal square, eyelet setter, tweezers, and flash drive with sketches on it. Then I always keep my paper trimmer at hand. In between each layout I clean up my mess. Since I work in a small space it makes me feel better to start each project with a clean slate so to speak. I read on someones blog a great suggestion which is instead of cleaning up in between lo's like me, to use Rachel Ray's garbage bowl idea. Put a basket or bowl at your area to just throw everything into as you work and at the end put it all away (or once a week, whatever!)

The garbage bowl idea is fantastic!! I am also the one that likes to clean up when I am done! It doesn't always happen, but I would like it to

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

My scrappy place is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before pics can follow I had to scrap/create something to make sure that all of my organization will work for me and be convenient!! I am not completely satisfied with the sewing area, but I am putting it off to another day and time because I don't know what I want to do with it yet.

I have to let my camera battery charge &&&& then the room will be revealed!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Karen3066

what do I need near me when I scrap?

adhesives (more than one), pop-dots, trimmer (small and 12"), CM cutters, border punches, cardstock, small gift bag to use as garbage bag for scraps, etc. (I throw it out when its full ... or overflowing)

My problem is more that too much stuff is near me, because space is limited, and then I'm digging for the bottom of the pile to get to what I need

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to madmatter

- Blogging about organizing might prove to be helpful. Sorta like journaling your way through the process. Then, you can also look back & see just how far you've come, from start to finish.

- Love the idea of the RRay garbage bowl.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
My scrappy place is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Karen!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Inspiration Of The Day

For this one, I'm all about the jars. That's exactly how I store my fibers, my ribbons & my trims. I just need to add a pretty label to make it all a bit more prettier!

Wendy Smedley's Blog

http://wendysmedley.typepad.com/possibilities/scrapbo ok...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Kelly's To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Organize fibers*
- Clean off my desk*
- Clean up the floor

- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage*
- Switch some furniture around

* I need to take a pic of my ribbons, fabric, Stickles & my desk.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to KellyCali

I finished my space!! Well... I need to rework the paper part but need to get some money before I can go shopping for more of the cropper hoppers. But I can work in my space again!! Sorry I have been missing for a couple of days, I was so close I could feel it and didn't want to quit. Been neglecting lots around the house to get it done. I'm sure hubby understands!!

Posted pictures in my gallery. And am loving all the ideas. I am sure this is just a work in progress and I will be changing things around again.

I have a 'RR garbage bowl' It's an old formula can (before they made them small boxes) that I covered in paper and mod podged. It sits right next to my MM tool storage. I also have a bag to hold the tiny paper scraps that will be recycled with the trash. You know the very very small pieces that cannot be used for anything. That's always nearby when I scrap.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kirasmommy

Terri!...

Congratulations!!

I partly wondered where you might have disappeared to, but at the same time figured that some of you ladies just might be in the mode to organize & be busy doing so!

On that note, just like Karen, I can't believe how much you ladies have both accomplished!

I'm so very proud of & for you!

Thanks For Sharing all the pics & Enjoy!!

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

• kirasmommy Said:
I finished my space!! Well... I need to rework the paper part but need to get some money before I can go shopping for more of the cropper hoppers. But I can work in my space again!! Sorry I have been missing for a couple of days, I was so close I could feel it and didn't want to quit. Been neglecting lots around the house to get it done. I'm sure hubby understands!!

Posted pictures in my gallery. And am loving all the ideas. I am sure this is just a work in progress and I will be changing things around again.

I have a 'RR garbage bowl' It's an old formula can (before they made them small boxes) that I covered in paper and mod podged. It sits right next to my MM tool storage. I also have a bag to hold the tiny paper scraps that will be recycled with the trash. You know the very very small pieces that cannot be used for anything. That's always nearby when I scrap.

Congrats on your space Terri! I checked out your pics and it looks great! It's funny that you mentioned the formula can. Since Similac in the box was recalled I've been having to buy it in cans and saving all the emptys to use as storage!

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to melissa*l

Those similac cans rock!! I have two more that I want to alter. When I get the time! Thanks for looking at my place. Since I've gotten it clean, the kids have been hanging with me which is nice.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to KellyCali

Karen - maybe this is dense, but what exactly do you use the ink blending tool for? for some reason, I just don't get it, why not just apply the ink directly to paper?

congrats to those who finished their space! haven't had time to even think about it. career fair at work yesterday (I'm a college career counselor) and it's been a crazy week with students in the office getting ready and on our feet all day yesterday. I'm scrapping tomorrow but then have sunday and monday, so I'm hoping to get more done.

what do I always keep near me...well until I cleaned off the dining room table, most of everything, lol. or at least a little of everything. but at least cardstock and patterned paper, and maybe a border punch or two. I don't think I'm very consistent.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

when you're picking out storage units for different items, how do you decide what to buy when it comes to size? do you get something just big enough to hold what you currently have, or with room to grow? I'm kind of thinking I should just use things that are "just" right, in an effort to discourage myself from adding to the collections right now.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

I am just really getting started with moving towards organizing by color. I have a limited space now, which probably is not going to change for some time. I am choosing storage that is fitting what I have currently. I also am hopeful that this will discourage making random purchases and to use up something from my stash before I replace an item.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to melissa*l

I would buy things to hold what I have on hand. Like you I don't want to have extra room since that means I haven't shopped enough. (when we all know I have!!) So far it has worked and keeps things in check. Or I just buy more storage containers!! Good luck with the organizing/ cleaning. You ladies can do it!!

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

Okay, so here are some images of things I think would work in or at least be cute in my small space. I think the lazy susan is especially do-able. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/434053/view /2951473/...

I also have been visiting Stacy Julians website alot too...
http://stacyjulian.com/
If you check out her videos she has items sorted into bins by color. This exactly what I want to do, just on a smaller scale for now. I am considering using these carts from Target and using a drawer for every color.
http://www.target.com/Sterilite-7-Drawer-Cr aft-Cart-Whi...
I am pretty certain they will fit under my desk, and if not they won't take up much room in the corner. My hubby also said he didn't mind if I moved the linens into the baby's room closet, and move my scrapbook stuff to the linen closet since it is closer to my room.
It feels good to have a plan

Edited by melissa*l on 10-09-10 01:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to klsteven

Me too please!!!

Name - Tricia

1. Type Of Space - 1/2 of the Den/room
2. Colors/Style/Themes - Wood walls, dark carpet. I rent and can't change this.
3. Main Challenge - I have not been scrapbooking for about 5 years, now I want to get back into it. My main current challenge is taking a accurate inventory of what I do have in storage, what I plan on selling, and what I plan on keeping.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to OneCraftyMom

Time to update my list for this week:

1. finish labeling boxes already in my closet
2. Clear out linen closet
3. Work on Halloween projects (making some easy candy holders for my staff and Ben's daycare teachers)

Even more exciting is that mom is coming to visit us this coming weekend. She is also a scrapper so it is a great excuse to make a trip to the lss!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to melissa*l

This week I will:

1. Label my canvas drawers in my scrapbox and minibox.
2. Clear the dining room table where I work by
a. putting some things where they belong
b. finding a spot for my page kits
3. Choose as many embellies as I can from my stash and buy what is needed to match to do a layout.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to johnsusan8

I need to:
remove things from living room, cause I was scrapping there again

put away stuff I brought to a crop saturday

haven't touched anything else in my room yet. but I have today off from work, so maybe I'll do a little more.

have a good day!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Girls!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Great lists, sharing & updates Ladies!

Besides life, I've been busy cleaning up under my desk. I don't tend to keep a lot under there, however, for whatever reason, it's where all my outgoing swaps & mail end up.

Tuesday, I'll be sending out packages to family, as well as some long overdue letters.

After this, I've vowed that my mail will be much more organized & hope to keep up on it much better vs. letting it pile & fester!

Anyways, I promise to be back, catch up on new Welcomes & in turn update pg. 1.

TTYS!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Kelly's October To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Organize fibers*
- Clean off my desk*
- Clean up the floor

- Clean under my desk*
- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage*

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
This week I will:

1. Label my canvas drawers in my (scrapbox - done on 10-11) and minibox.
2. Clear the dining room table where I work by
a. putting some things where they belong
b. finding a spot for my page kits
3. Choose as many embellies as I can from my stash and buy what is needed to match to do a layout.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Things to do....get rid of more stuff!

I need three more followers on my blog to make it an even 100!!! hmmmm, gonna think on the best way to send out a RAK....check back with me in a few days.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Nancy, here's hoping that you get those last 3 followers!...There's just something about the even number 100!

I'll be sure to be on the lookout for your post with the details to pass along to others!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, now where did I last leave off...Hmm...

Well, first of all, Did everyone have a nice Columbus Day Weekend? Did anyone scrap or organize?

Me?...Um, didn't do a darn thing (as far as organizing goes)...Instead, I've since started my Christmas Shopping.

Basically, I need to get to gettin' & get in my room.

I think just going in there tonight will be a feat all by itself, with more than plenty to do!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Let me go add some Inspiration or include a Question Of The Day...

Be Right Back!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Inspiration Of The Day

This one comes from Making Memories...entitled Armed & Ready!

There's 5 pages worth of ideas, as well as some pics included!

https://www.memorymakersmagazine.com/forum/forums/threa...

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to KellyCali

I scrapped...haven't uploaded them yet. And I think about organizing and cleaning my space....just haven't had the time. And I think about giving away more goodies...again...haven't had the time.

Need to get the layouts up tomorrow tho, they are both for challenges. I did have a banner and a card go up over the weekend tho.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I didn't get my minibox labelled because I have a cold and I needed to rest. I feel a little better today so I hope to get that accomplished later.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Is there still room in this group for me to join? I love to organize. We have been remodeling and my scraproom is a mess now. I really want to get it organized again once the remodeling is done. If it is every done.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Becky Scraps

Sure thing Becky!

Welcome!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick Susan!

Get Well Wishes!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Hooray for scrappy-time Nancy & I hear ya.

Keep Up The Good Work!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'll be working on updating pg. 1 later today.

In the meantime & for those that have since joined us...Here a couple of questions for you to all answer, if you would be so kind. Thanks!

Questions...

1. Type Of Space -
2. Colors/Style/Themes -
3. Main Challenge(s) -

1. What's working for me -

2. What's not working for me -

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

Hello ladies... I want to apologize for being MIA, but I have had some personal family stuff to take care of.

I have finished my scraproom (it constantly evolving though

I will post a few pics, but more can be found in my gallery.

KW Studio!! By Karen3066

Scraproom Redo By Karen3066

Scraproom Redo By Karen3066

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

Thanks. I'll be back in the morning to answer the questions. I don't have pictures of my room. I'll have to take some.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to KellyCali

Questions...

1. Type Of Space - Dining room: 10 ft. long table, Minibox, things on shelves, Living room: Scrapbox, and things on bookshelves, Extra bedroom: things I don't use often, and totes
2. Colors/Style/Themes - natural wood and yellow
3. Main Challenge(s) - procrastination because of perfectionism

1. What's working for me - Scrapbox and Minibox

2. What's not working for me - perfectionism

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Thanks, Kelly, for the get well wishes. I think it's working!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
This week I will:

1. Label my canvas drawers in my Scrapbox Done 10/11 and minibox.started
2. Clear the dining room table where I work byDone: 10/13
a. putting some things where they belong Done: 10/13
b. finding a spot for my page kitsDone: 10/13
3. Choose as many embellies as I can from my stash and buy what is needed to match to do a layout.Done: 10/15

Edited by johnsusan8 on 10-15-10 10:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

1. Type Of Space - Our computer room is slowly turning into a scraproom

2. Colors/Style/Themes - White walls/red carpet. It does really have a theme. I may repaint the walls when I get a chance. Not sure on the color.

3. Main Challenge(s) - Finding time to get it organized. I love organizing but with 3 kids 4 and under and a full time job it's hard to find time.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

Becky, I totally hear you on finding the time, and I have only 1 little kiddo! So far this week has been a real wash for me, so I am thinking this weeks list might become next weeks list....

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to melissa*l

Goals...

Pick up after myself in my scrappy room everyday!

Clean the scrappy room once a week!

Work on sewing area

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Karen3066

well, not a lot of organizing done. but I did manage to clear my bulletin board. which falls under the ...make it pretty. so... I am counting it.

on the de clutter...I am holding strong on the no shopping. it is gonna kill me, but....and, I used some paper today that has got to be 7+ years old, so yeah me.

and on the RAK. ideas for scrapbookers is having a blog hop on Monday. i will be participating and there will be a RAK. thinking if I hit 100 followers i will offer a second RAK, cause...goodness...who would think 100 people would want to read my stuff. lol

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

• homesclscrapper Said:
well, not a lot of organizing done. but I did manage to clear my bulletin board. which falls under the ...make it pretty. so... I am counting it.

on the de clutter...I am holding strong on the no shopping. it is gonna kill me, but....and, I used some paper today that has got to be 7+ years old, so yeah me.

and on the RAK. ideas for scrapbookers is having a blog hop on Monday. i will be participating and there will be a RAK. thinking if I hit 100 followers i will offer a second RAK,cause...goodness...who would think 100 people would want to read my stuff. lol

for making it pretty!!! Good luck on your blog!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

What's working for me: The way I organize my pics. I upload and print what I want to scrap every month. Then I put them in the album they will be in when I finally get to scrap them with the journaling I plan to include.

What's not working for me: My paper packs and kits. I have tons of them and they are all starting to pile up. I need to find an organization system for them. I'm open for any ideas??

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Am I suppose to set goals for myself??

If so, I'll start small with one at a time. First goal is to clean off the table I keep my albums on. Maybe move my albums altogether. I feel a project for dh coming on. More shelving!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Becky. For now, the plan is to have a Daily Plan Of Action (aka A Daily To Do List)...However, with that said, for some of us, (due to either time or resources), it can be a weekly plan or a monthly plan. Just as long as we each have a plan!

Eventually, (mainly starting after the first of the year), we'll start having bi-monthly Challenges going from A - Z!

Hope That Helps!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• homesclscrapper Said:
on the declutter...I am holding strong on the no shopping. it is gonna kill me, but....and, I used some paper today that has got to be 7+ years old, so yeah me.

I know it tough, but trust me, it's works!

Not only do you have less coming in, but it truly allows you to see exactly how much you probably already have!

Way To Remain Strong!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Didn't really accomplish much (besides some Christmas card-making). However, the week still isn't over, so I have some furniture moving around & general dusting to do this weekend!

Kelly's To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Organize fibers*
- Clean off my desk*
- Clean up the floor

- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage*
- Dust/Sweep/Vaccumn

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Great Job on your list Susan!

Sounds like you're kicking out your To-Do List items, one right after another!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Karen, I can't remember if I mentioned it here yet, but Congratulations on completing your room!

Thanks also for taking the time to share it with us!

I have both you (& also Terri) marked down as DONE!

That's Awesome Ladies!

TFS!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Hi Becky. For now, the plan is to have a Daily Plan Of Action (aka A Daily To Do List)...However, with that said, for some of us, (due to either time or resources), it can be a weekly plan or a monthly plan. Just as long as we each have a plan!

Eventually, (mainly starting after the first of the year), we'll start having bi-monthly Challenges going from A - Z!

Hope That Helps!

That sounds great. I love the idea of starting things at the beginning of the year!!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I did updates to my weekly list posted on page 14.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Kelly... fantastic job on completing almost half of your to do list!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I think I have found a need to organize my "tools" I bought 2 new Stickles today and now I can't find my Velcro to put them up with!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Question... does anyone go to crops? If so, do you have 2 sets of supplies so you don't have to load and unload everytime or do you have some way of organization that makes this easier?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

- For crops, I usually stick to the essentials.

- Also, I usually have designated projects that I only & specifically work on at crops. That way it makes packing much easier, simpler & or lighter.

- When working on card projects, I'm usually able to organize it down to a (fabric) shoulder bag & a (fabric type) carry tote that holds all of my necessary embellishments.

- Anything else by way of tools, that takes up a whole bunch of room or weighs a lot (whether it be an embossing gun, a gluegun, a trimmer, the BigBite, a Crop-A-Dile, etc.) I would coordinate & probably use at my friends. If she doesn't have those particular items & you will keep returning to her house, I would consider either leaving them there OR packing them all in 1 tote & just make 1 extra trip to the car.

Hope that helps!

Disclaimer - Answer based on cardmaking/weekly return crops at a good friends house.

For class crops & or random friends, I'd have to rethink what all I take. For me, usually less is still more. If the class has tools available to use, once again, I'd consider leaving most of it at home. I think I tend to keep it all down to an exact science. In in 10 minutes & able to leave just as quickly, if need be.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• johnsusan8 Said:
I did updates to my weekly list posted on page 14.

Great Job!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Becky Scraps Said:
That sounds great. I love the idea of starting things at the beginning of the year!!!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Question... does anyone go to crops? If so, do you have 2 sets of supplies so you don't have to load and unload everytime or do you have some way of organization that makes this easier?

I don't travel to crops very often, but most of my essentials are grouped on my workspace already, so it isn't too hard to just grab and go.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I've never been to a crop so I'm not sure what I would do. They sure sound like fun though. I'm thinking I may look for some in my area when my kids get a little bit older.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

my desk and work area are tidy...of course, now I have a pile of other things that need to be put away. lol I think I am shuffling as much as anything. sigh. I did throw quite a bit away, I guess.

Anyone want any of this junk? lol

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • melissa*l Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
Question Of The Day

The garbage bowl idea is fantastic!! I am also the one that likes to clean up when I am done! It doesn't always happen, but I would like it to

Going back to the Rachel Ray idea.

I think I need to start implementing this in the case of my scraps after working on projects.

Ideally, I'd like to have a properly-working system (all be it, a file, a basket, etc)...However, for now, since I don't, I think having a large cleanup bowl would prove to be helpful!

I have an awesome extra large silver, stirring/baking bowl. I think that work just fine for the time being! *I'll be sure to take a pic!

Page 3 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics