Page 4 of 7 
Username Post: {The ABC's of Organization Support Group}        (Topic#1544033)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Question Of The Day

How do you ladies store or organize your paper scraps?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Poll Of The Day

Note: You can select more than 1 answer.

My Clean-Up Style (if any!)
I pretty much ALWAYS clean up! Yay!
Truthfully & quite honestly, I often forget to clean-up
I'll admit it, more than 1/2 the time, I almost NEVER EVER clean-up
I wish I was much better about cleaning up right after projects!
I hereby vow To Clean-Up from hereon in!
You may choose up to 5 options.
Votes accepted from 10-16-10 08:24 AM to 10-16-11 08:24 AM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Chore Charts

http://foreverpaperdreams .blogspot.com/search/label/Cho...

Note: If you do a search, you can find (or make) your own (flowers, crowns, weekely, monthly, etc.)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Chore Flip Cards

If kids can use em...Why can't we? I think at this point, I need to upgrade & come up with a visual flip book photo reminder!

My own cards would include:

- desk
- scraps
- put back tools, inks, adhesives, etc!
- put away misc embellishments
- file completed projects
- vaccumn
- empty trash before exiting space

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
What's working for me: The way I organize my pics. I upload and print what I want to scrap every month. Then I put them in the album they will be in when I finally get to scrap them with the journaling I plan to include.

What's not working for me: My paper packs and kits. I have tons of them and they are all starting to pile up. I need to find an organization system for them. I'm open for any ideas??

Becky, I promise we'll talk more about this next!

I'm actually looking forward to it & can't wait to hear some additional ideas & suggestions!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Paper scrap??? Hmm I have two piles one is small scraps those are all in a basket. The larger ones are on one of the trays on my paper rack. I'm actually pretty good about using scraps so I don't have a ton. I always look through them before looking for a new piece of paper to cute.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

Hello, ladies.. mind if I join?

I seem to be perpetually organizing stuff around my scraproom, my house, my computer, my life... Would love some support...

Edited by jellyziva on 10-16-10 01:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

1. Type of Space - half a room (share my craft space with our kids crafts and books); it is my craft area, their craft area as well as their reading room.

2. Colors/Style/Theme - I love blue.. and my Expedite is white.. but we have some misc shelves from Target and etc.. so they are light wood colour. No specific theme yet..

3. Main Challenge - PURGING! I need to stop buying and start creating and purging anything I don't need....

But I've decided NOT to add any storage space and to limit myself to expanding. I'll only purge things in order to accommodate new things.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to jellyziva

Welcome Shirley!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Hmm... lets see... paper scraps!

I currently have a 3 drawer Sterlite container system; however, it is not organized by color and I don't like it!!

Future plans = I have became some what addicted to Stampin' Up paper (for cards) and since the paper is so expensive I plan to store those scraps seperate from the rest of them. When I can rescue a 2 drawer filing cabinet from a yard sale or thrift store I want a hanging file fore each color. I have to make room for this as well

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Karen3066

Paper Scraps. I put them all in a big envelope until I am ready to sort them. Then they move into a paper taker (accordion file) where they are filed by color.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Nancy Keslin

Paper scraps
cardstock scraps go into a magnetic wire basket that hangs from the magnetic board in front of my scrap desk...

pp scraps are kept with the collection pack (that's how I store them)...

I've learned to discard smaller pieces because they take up room (thickness) and I almost never use them..... something I realize after a year of two of storing them. The bigger pieces I will use for card-making (and for DD too).

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to jellyziva

Good Morning! Like Becky I go to my scraps often so I just have mine stored in a bin. I also don't save anything that isn't at least 2x2. I used to save every little bit but have given myself permisson to throw tiny pieces out! The 2x2 scraps I use when making cards.

I was thinking about your poll question. I did answer that I always clean up. However, I am honest enough with myself to say that is because my scrap space is in my bedroom. If I had a scrap room I am sure I would be much more tempted to leave things out.

I do go to crops and while I don't have a 2nd set of stuff, I do have a checklist that I use. I arrange all my pics and papers by kits, and then only bring the bare essentials. If I need to work on something more complicated I do that at home. The checklist includes the things I use all the time like trimmer, scissors, adhesive, etc. and helps me to not miss putting anything in my bag.

Edited by melissa*l on 10-17-10 10:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to melissa*l

Hi Shirley! Welcome!

Thanks for all the great responses ladies! I'm finding each of them very helpful in their own ways.

Melissa, I LOVE the idea of having a crop supply checklist! I think that's great thinking & also a fantastic reminder, both for packing & packing back up once you're about to leave the crop, if need be!

Thanks For Sharing Ladies!

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to KellyCali

I never thought about using my list when leaving the crop but that is a great idea! the crop I attend isn't very big so I can usually keep track of everything, but I am going to one in November that is 2 days and having my list would be helpful!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to melissa*l

I also answer always clean up. But by clean up I just mean put everything away that I'm using. My space is still messier than I would like.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Week of Oct 17 To Do list:

1. Finish labelling minibox drawers.

2. Pull out the page kits I want to work on at Tuesday's library crop.

3. Look into buying a nail polish rack for my Stickles.

4. Box my pre-made layouts until I can organize my time and space to match them up with pictures.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to melissa*l

• melissa*l Said:
Time to update my list for this week:

1. finish labeling boxes already in my closet
2. Clear out linen closet
3. Work on Halloween projects (making some easy candy holders for my staff and Ben's daycare teachers)

Even more exciting is that mom is coming to visit us this coming weekend. She is also a scrapper so it is a great excuse to make a trip to the lss!

Okay, let's try this again!! didn't get to any of this last week so it is this weeks list too! I did have a nice visit with my mom though!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I have some furniture moving around & general dusting to do this weekend!

Kelly's To Do List

- Empty trash
- Organize ribbons*
- Organize fibers*
- Clean off my desk*
- Clean up the floor

- Stickles storage*
- Fabric storage*
- Flower storage
- Break down kits
- Seasonal baskets (4)
- Switch some furniture around
- Dust/Sweep/Vaccumn

* I need to take a pic of my ribbons, fabric, flowers, Stickles & my desk.

Yep, me too. With us, it's sickness. Last week, as well as this past weekend was pretty much a no go for me.

I'm going to leave my list the same & type up a new post after this one.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

So as mentioned, I sorta feel all over the place.

Basically, since I've been confined to mommy-nursing duties, I've been trying to work on things that don't take me far from the kids.

- Ribbon - My ribbon had been gathered & 'done'. However, I've since gathered even more & have since sorted them into drawers, by color. Once I'm assured that I literally have indeed gathered all the ribbon that there is to gather, I'll post a pic of my latest system! (Which I'm completely loving by the way!)

- Flowers - Flowers are next. Just like in a garden, they are starting to bloom & grow & need some major tending!

- Stickles - I've got plenty of ideas, but yet, somehow, I've still got nothing for the time being.

- Clean-Up

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Idea Of The Day

Whether you like to scrap season-to-season or at random, my Idea of the Day, is to create 4 baskets, boxes, bins or trays that contain everything you might need to create a project or page, by that particular season (aka Seasonal Storage!)

For example:

- Winter (Christmas)
- Spring (Flowers)
- Summer (Shells, Sand, Postcards)
- Fall (Leaves)

Note: I usually keep everything in kits. However, I've since realized that particular plan really isn't working for me! (can't see what's what, hidden stickers, buttons, ribbons & paper!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Here's what IS working...

K - Kits

{K - Kits} By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Here's what IS NOT working & I still have to break down...

(Switching to baskets & 12x12 albums)

U - Unfinished Projects

{U - Unfinished Projects} By KellyCali

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to KellyCali

I like the idea of some seasonal organization. I think this would be especially nice since I seem to be branching out and using my supplies to also make other crafty items (like the Halloween project I'm working on) It sure would make it easier to find things. Since I have a small space I could swap out the bin at the end of each season....hmmmm my wheels are turning!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

K - Kits

{K - Kits} By KellyCali

What did you use to hang these?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Basically, since I've been confined to mommy-nursing duties, I've been trying to work on things that don't take me far from the kids.

- Ribbon - My ribbon had been gathered & 'done'. However, I've since gathered even more & have since sorted them into drawers, by color. Once I'm assured that I literally have indeed gathered all the ribbon that there is to gather, I'll post a pic of my latest system! (Which I'm completely loving by the way!)

- Flowers - Flowers are next. Just like in a garden, they are starting to bloom & grow & need some major tending!

- Stickles - I've got plenty of ideas, but yet, somehow, I've still got nothing for the time being.

- Clean-Up

Do you have a new baby? I have a 3 month old so I can relate with the mommy-nursing situation.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:

2. Pull out the page kits I want to work on at Tuesday's library crop.Done 10/19

3. Look into buying a nail polish rack for my Stickles.Looked at a beauty supply place with no luck and looked online, but didn't have enough info or a close-up picture. Still looking

4. Box my pre-made layouts until I can organize my time and space to match them up with pictures.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

Do you have a new baby? I have a 3 month old so I can relate with the mommy-nursing situation.

No, they are a bit older. Hehe!

Everyone here has been sick this week & month, so I've the on-call nurse.

p.s. Congratulations On Your New Arrival Miss Becky! How completely Sweet! XO

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

K - Kits

{K - Kits} By KellyCali

What did you use to hang these?

They are metal hangers.

I have the exact wording & packaging somewhere around here, but from what I can recall, they are pants hangers. They each come with 2 clips & have a small metal piece in the middle, where I actually am able to hang additional kits from another same exact hanger.

HTH!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• johnsusan8 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:

3. Look into buying a nail polish rack for my Stickles. Looked at a beauty supply place with no luck and looked online, but didn't have enough info or a close-up picture. Still looking

Well, that's a bummer.

Susan, when I have some time, I'll try and find a picture of in the Gallery of such storage. Maybe then we can ask whoever has one, where exactly they were able to find theirs!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Nailpolish Storage Holders

Lipstick Storage Holders

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=275121...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Tiered Storage Racks

In case you didn't happen to catch the Gen SB msg board topic at hand yesterday, the subject was Glimmer Mist Storage.

Within the topic, I thought I'd point out the cool storage system that Trish (ChansGram) uses. She shared that you can find them at Walmart, in the spice rack storage section of the store.

Trish's example (Glimmer Mist, Bottles & Sprays)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/102488/view /2963235/...

Karen's example (Embellishments)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/518333/view /2957383/...

Patter Cross' example (Stamp Storage)

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=293376...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

Congrats on your baby, Becky! You must be really busy!

Susan.. great job on getting things done! I'm afraid to make a list because I could not check off anything...

Kelly... great stickle storage tips! Mine is not that great, but works for now:

My friend said they are all caged up.. well, because last time I didn't, some small hands got
a hold of them and I've got a stickled work surface Not a pretty sight... I mean it's blingy and pretty... but the cleanup isn't

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I have something to report though..

I got a Creative Memories Photo Organization box and I organized pics from 2008-09 so that they'll be ready for scrapping.

Now I just have to go scrap.....

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

Kelly I so can't wait to see your new system for ribbon storage!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Recycling, yes I love it!!

Recycle your scraps!! Make more paper!!

Many types of paper that can be used include:

* Computer Paper
(unprinted)
* Newspaper (If you want a grayish colored paper)
* Magazines
* Egg Cartons
* Old Cards (For heavier paper)
* Toilet Paper
* Paper Bags
* Non Waxed Boxes (Pre-soak in warm water)
* Office Paper
* Tissue Paper (For finer paper)
* Typing Paper
* Napkins
* Construction Paper

Supplies you'll need:

* Sponge
* Window Screening (mold)
* Wood Frame (old picture frame can be used too) (deckle)
* Plastic Basin/Tub (Large enough to totally immerse frame)
* Blender/Food Processor (For making paper pulp)
* White Felt or Flannel Fabric
* Staples or Tacks (For tacking screen on frame)
* Liquid starch (optional)

Instructions:

1. Select the pieces of paper to be recycled. You can even mix different types to create your own unique paper.

2. Rip the paper into small bits, and place into the blender. (about half full). Fill the blender with warm water. Run the blender slowly at first then increase the speed until the pulp looks smooth and well blended. ( 30 -40 seconds) Check that no flakes of paper remain. If there are, blend longer.

3. The next step is to make a mold. The mold, in this case, is made simply by stretching fiberglass screen (plain old door and window screen) over a wooden frame and stapling it. It should be as tight as possible.

4. Fill the basin about half way with water. Add 3 blender loads of pulp. (the more pulp you add the thicker the finished paper will be) Stir the mixture.

5. Now is the time to add the liquid starch for sizing.(This is not necessary but if the paper is going to be used for writing on, you should add some, the starch helps to prevent inks from soaking into the paper fibers.) Stir 2 teaspoons of liquid starch into the pulp.

Place the mold into the pulp and then level it out while it is submerged. Gently wiggle it side-to-side until the pulp on top of the screen looks even.

6. Slowly lift the mold up until it is above the level of the water. Wait until most of the water has drained from the new paper sheet. If the paper is very thick, remove some pulp from the tub. If it is too thin, add more pulp and stir the mixture again.

7. When the mold stops dripping, gently place one edge on the side of a fabric square (felt or flannel square). Gently ease the mold down flat, with the paper directly on the fabric. Use a sponge to press out as much water as possible. Wring the excess water from the sponge back into the large plastic tub.

8. Now comes the tricky part. Hold the fabric square flat and slowly lift the edge of the mold. The wet sheet of paper should remain on the fabric. If it sticks to the mold, you may have pulled to fast or not pressed out enough water. It takes a little practice. You can gently press out any bubbles and loose edges at this point.

9. Repeat the steps above, and stack the fabric squares on a cookie sheet. Save one fabric square to place on the top of the stack to cover the last piece of paper. Use another cookie sheet to press the remaining water out of the stack. (do this outside or in the bathtub, it can make a mess)

10. After you press the stack, gently separate the sheets. They can be dried by hanging on a clothesline or laying them out on sheets of newspaper. When they have dried peel them off the fabric and voila! you have paper!

BONUS**
You can add small or flat flower seeds to your mixture before your dry it out. Then make cards that can planted!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

No, they are a bit older. Hehe!

Everyone here has been sick this week & month, so I've the on-call nurse.

p.s. Congratulations On Your New Arrival Miss Becky! How completely Sweet! XO

Got ya!!! I hope everyone feels better soon.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Tiered Storage Racks

In case you didn't happen to catch the Gen SB msg board topic at hand yesterday, the subject was Glimmer Mist Storage.

Within the topic, I thought I'd point out the cool storage system that Trish (ChansGram) uses. She shared that you can find them at Walmart, in the spice rack storage section of the store.

Trish's example (Glimmer Mist, Bottles & Sprays)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/102488/view /2963235/...

Karen's example (Embellishments)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/518333/view /2957383/...

Patter Cross' example (Stamp Storage)

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=293376...

Public embedding happening now... I am so sorry!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:

2. Pull out the page kits I want to work on at Tuesday's library crop.Done 10/19

3. Look into buying a nail polish rack for my Stickles.I found a temporary solution until I can get more boxes that I got from a friend who works at a dentist's office. I only have two of these boxes, so I stored two of them filled with stickles on their sides, tilted one of my workbox's drawers and filled it with my remaining stickles, and then filled up the remaining space in back with crumpled newspaper. Done 10/20

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

My To-Do List remains the same.

Today is a rainy day, so it seems like a good day to try & accomplish everything before the weekend arrives!

I'll be back to update.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

My to do list for the rest of the week:

* Finish labeling all of my inks
* Find the Velcro
* Update my shopping guide

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

My to-do list for rest of this week

* file my newly purchased pp (well, not so new as they were from last month) away
* purge unused pp

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jellyziva

Hi Ladies.

Just checking in & passing through.

Working in my room. Being extra productive.

Hopefully, by the end of this weekend, I'll have the inspiration to clean it when I'm all done!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

How's everyone else here doing?

Any organizational inspiration going on?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

I haven't been doing too much organizing because I did so much work to get to this point, I have been trying to relish in creativity in a half way organized space.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

I went to an all day crop today, so I'll have to take some things out of totes and put them in the right places.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

spending some time working on my list today as long as my little one cooperates!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to melissa*l

Even though I didn't work on my room, being that I completed 4 larger projects still allowed me to use up some supplies that were taking up some space.

- I made a big dent in my flowers. Maybe now I can finally contain them all to one basket!

- As for my scraps, I'm not using a bowl afterall, but instead the bottom of a 12 x 12 box. So far it seems to be working really well.

So, flowers & scraps. Those will be my main 2 organizational tasks for the week.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:

3. Look into buying a nail polish rack for my Stickles.Looked at a beauty supply place with no luck and looked online, but didn't have enough info or a close-up picture. Still looking

I'll try to keep this short. My dsil's CTMH party was going to be cancelled at 9am for the 2pm party. She had invited some people from our library scrap group. We didn't even know their full names, much less their phone numbers. Dsil asked if we could come up with something, so I looked for some things I had in mind. OMG! If I had labelled my minibox drawers, I could have found them easily. While I was looking I found even more completed pages (except for pictures and finishing touches). I don't even have enough boxes to put them all in! I'm feeling overwhelmed here. Somebody give me some advise!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

sounds like other people have made some progress, good for you! I have been very lax, and haven't even attempted to work on anything.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l

• johnsusan8 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:

I'll try to keep this short. My dsil's CTMH party was going to be cancelled at 9am for the 2pm party. She had invited some people from our library scrap group. We didn't even know their full names, much less their phone numbers. Dsil asked if we could come up with something, so I looked for some things I had in mind. OMG! If I had labelled my minibox drawers, I could have found them easily. While I was looking I found even more completed pages (except for pictures and finishing touches). I don't even have enough boxes to put them all in! I'm feeling overwhelmed here. Somebody give me some advise!

I was looking at my stuff today and feeling a little overwhelmed too! I had forgotten about a box of stuff that was under the bed and now I need to rethink things a little! I used to live near Boston and there was a sign there when they were doing the "Big Dig". It said, "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was we would have hired their contractor." I just try to remember that when I'm feeling crazy about all the organizing that needs to be done. It will all get there Susan!

Edited by melissa*l on 10-24-10 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to melissa*l

Melissa, how funny, since I live in Boston. To say the Big Dig wasn't done in a day, is an understatement! lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Tina scraps

Okay, I'll just try to imagine I'm building Rome. Nice place, what we would have missed without it!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

This week's To Do list:

1. Finish labeling minibox - no more excuses!

2. Velcro stickles under a shelf.

3. Pack up pre-made layouts.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Good Luck Ladies!

I need to do some dishes & dusting this morning.

Then, I'm going to try and spend a couple of hours dedicated to my space!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

Organizational vent!! DH decided that he wanted the stereo closer to the computer area, so he re-arranged my scrappy space! It's not working... a chat is to come! I am not mad, it's hard to be because he is wonderful, but I am frustrated that he didn't discuss it with me, because he moved my Stickles display very inconveniently far away from my desk.

My only goal for today is to fix the non-discussed rearrangement.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I have seen the Stickles velcroed under a shelf! I think it is a super clever idea!

Stickles storage and color chart By Gayle3131

Hanging Up My Stickles 2 By Matthews Wife

stickles storage By ShaylaCreations

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

Karen... stickle moving intervention is definitely needed!

Seriously, my guy was like that, but he has now learned to check with me first... it only took 14 yrs

The velcro stickle storage is totally cool!!! Thx for sharing the pics..

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I did a little pp reorg. Ended up ordering some 12.5 x 12.5 zip bags because I really needed them to store my new pp.

I store my pp by collection.. for some collections, I only have 2 or 3 pp.. for now they are combined.. if I have more bags, maybe I can file them separately.

I have some really old bags that are torn at the 'seams' so I want replace them.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to jellyziva

I tried velcro with mine and they kept falling off my wall. Drove me crazy so they are back on my shelf.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
This week's To Do list:

1. Finish labeling minibox - no more excuses!

2. Velcro stickles under a shelf.done 10/26

3. Pack up pre-made layouts.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
I did a little pp reorg. Ended up ordering some 12.5 x 12.5 zip bags because I really needed them to store my new pp.

I store my pp by collection.. for some collections, I only have 2 or 3 pp.. for now they are combined.. if I have more bags, maybe I can file them separately.

I have some really old bags that are torn at the 'seams' so I want replace them.

Shirley, where did you order these bags from... I'm thinking crop perfect!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I was browsing through the gallery on foam stamp storage ideas... one lady painted foam boards with magnetic paint!! Has anyone heard of magnetic paint??

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Karen3066

I have seen magnetic paint at the home improvement store. If I understand it right I think it is an additive that you would mix in with any other paint you choose.

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
Melissa, how funny, since I live in Boston. To say the Big Dig wasn't done in a day, is an understatement! lol

Tina I am so jealous! I miss being up north a lot. We should be moving back there later this year and hope to end up in either Boston or Providence. Our entire families live in New England. My husband is finishing his doctorate here in Alabama and we are in the final months. I miss the little things like the Northend bakeries, Fenway, the Christmas Tree Shop...oh I better stop before I make myself too home sick!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to melissa*l

Thanks Melissa! I think I am going to have a look at it the next time I'm at Lowe's or Home Depot. I already have the wheels in my head spinning thinking about what I would like to make magnetic!!

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Karen3066

going to a crop tomorrow so I need to organize my stuff tonight. excited since lately going to a crop is the only time I seem to get much scrappy stuff done!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to melissa*l

Tomorrow I am getting my first visitor to my scrappy space! Well, the first visitor that actually likes all the scrappy goodness & won't raise an eyebrow over my hyper organization!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

I haven't looked at my To Do List all week.

I already know that this weekend I'm going to be making more of a mess, rather than cleaning it.

I need to get going on my chore cards, as well as making sure that I am entering my room on a weekly basis.

Even just those 2 items alone would prove to be helpful for me personally.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

This week's To Do list:

1. Finish packing up pre-made layouts. I need one more large box.

2. Rearrange materials in workbox and minibox to put some of the crowded things in empty drawers.

3. Label all drawers!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Kelly making a mess can be so much fun!! What's the point of making it organized?? So, you can find what you need to make the mess

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

So, does anyone have any crafty organizational goodies on your wish list to Santa or DH??

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

As for my organizational wishlist... I really want the filing cabinet Jetmax cube! I think I would get really good use out of it & I can paint it before I assemble it!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

I'd like some more shelving!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Oh yeah and a labeling gun. I have the name of one wrote down at home.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I need to redo some of my current systems before I can answer that question correctly.

For right now...Today = I just need to clean!

(Yes, I've totally been putting it off & letting it fester!)

Still making Christmas cards & making a big old mess!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just to share...

I did spot these though...

They're awfully pretty & right up my alley, so yes, I'm thinking about em...

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to KellyCali

I don't have any scrappy organizing stuff on my wish list other than a few cute things from Pottery Barn. I actually have got to stop bringing anything into the house now unless it is absolutely necessary. I don't need anything extra to have to pack! Plus I have so much stuff around the house that I should put to use or get rid of already!

Need to make my list for the next week.....

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to melissa*l

Headed to my room to make a mess & move some things around!

Hopefully, this will allow me easier access to my paper drawers (which currently usually end up blocked!)

I'm switching them out with a extra & empty cabinet that I have (extra space = Awesome!)

I'm just curious to find what I'll end up putting in there!...We shall have to see!

If I have time & actually accomplish anything, I'll be sure to take some pics of what I am up to!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
[
Shirley, where did you order these bags from... I'm thinking crop perfect!!

Karen.. I ordered them from clear envelopes dot com.
They are good for packing flat paper kits, but not thick enough for bulky items.

I like to use the Cropper Hopper folders for crop since I can put my pictures and embellishments in there... They are called Page Planner.. and even include a card for you to 'plan' your LO ahead of time. There is a front pocket for holding that card, I usually put my sketch in there.... I like to plan for crops if I have time and I'll make these pages kits so I can travel light...
Products Referenced in This Post:

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I don't have organizational type of items on my wish list this year. I already got my ideal shelf (the expedit) and many boxes.

I also got a CM photo storage system so that part is set as well.. I need to maintain the current system and purge more items. I actually have an extra basket available in my room now !?! But every single one of the shelf is filled so that will be holding my Christmas cards and newsletters for a while before I send them out ......

Edited by jellyziva on 11-02-10 07:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

This week's To Do list:

1. Finish packing up pre-made layouts. I need one more large box.Done 11/3

2. Rearrange materials in workbox and minibox to put some of the crowded things in empty drawers.

3. Label all drawers!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Becky ~ I am just imagining all the organizational goodness that could happen with more shelving & a label maker!! I would have to say (for myself anyway) my label maker as been at the heart of every organizational rendezvous throughout the entire house that I have initiated!!

Kelly ~ Thanks for posting the pics of the cropper hopper… of course I love them, they look like they match my boxes!!

Melissa ~ I have heard that the Pottery Barn has super cute stuff, but I have never been to one!! I think I need to make a trip in there the next time I go to Archivers (it’s in the same mall)

Shirley ~ Thanks for the 411 on the envelopes!! I am going to bookmark it and check it out later!! I am hoping that they have all kinds of different sizes!! I have seen the Cropper Hopper Page Planners… I think I might look at them more closely to see if they might work for me! Hm… an extra basket… is this room to grow or just get more organized? I’m assuming to get more organized since your are purging!

Tante~ Yay for labeling!!!

As for me… I did manage to finally pick up a new storage goodie! I am using it for a challenge for another group, but it’s going to be perfect after I finish with it for some small storage that’s hidden. I haven’t decided what I am going to put in it yet, but I am sure I’ll be able to find something !!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Question: If could choose any organizational item for your space (for free) what would it be?

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Question: If could choose any organizational item for your space (for free) what would it be?

I would love some closed cabinets! A "free" shopping trip to Ikea would take care of that! Of course this is all part of my dream to eventually have a dedicated scrap space!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to melissa*l

• melissa*l Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

I would love some closed cabinets! A "free" shopping trip to Ikea would take care of that! Of course this is all part of my dream to eventually have a dedicated scrap space!

I have 2 such cabinets. 1 for sewing & 1 that I'm currently trying to designate for either embellishments or stamps. I just haven't taken the time to sit down & decide!

In 'the scraproom of my dreams', everything in there would probably be full of IKEA everything!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I just realized that it's been about 2 weeks since I've spent any quality time in my room.

Not only that, but if you recall, I was busy messing it up vs. cleaning it!

Anyways, tonight, I am planning on heading in there. I think I need a new Daily To Do List, so here it goes...

November To Do List

* Reorganize & clean off desk
* Switch cabinets around
* Alpha Chipboard
* Flowers
* Misc Embellishments
* Stamps

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK Ladies, I know that November is going to be an extra busy month, with the holidays, food, family & all. However, I sort of feel that we need a fun & inspiring Challenge of some sort!

So here's what I want you to do!

Challenge #1

Create a sign or a frame project for your space! It can be large or small. It can be simple or detailed & lavished! Personalize it. Hang it. You decide! It's up to you! Just have fun & let your creativity flow!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

That sounds fun. I hope I can find some time to do that!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to melissa*l

• melissa*l Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

Ditto the 'free shopping trip to IKEA part'
I think I'm ok and all set... but I love going to IKEA just to browse around. I got my shelves, most of my boxes, file holders and etc from there...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:

Shirley ~ Thanks for the 411 on the envelopes!! I am going to bookmark it and check it out later!! I am hoping that they have all kinds of different sizes!! I have seen the Cropper Hopper Page Planners… I think I might look at them more closely to see if they might work for me! Hm… an extra basket… is this room to grow or just get more organized? I’m assuming to get more organized since your are purging!

That place has ziplock bags in many different sizes. I usually have a hard time finding 12.5 x 12.5 bags.. so that's the one I got.

Extra basket will not be filled up, I hope. I really want to purge but I keep seeing stuff I like

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
OK Ladies, I know that November is going to be an extra busy month, with the holidays, food, family & all. However, I sort of feel that we need a fun & inspiring Challenge of some sort!

Challenge #1

Create a sign or a frame project for your space! It can be large or small. It can be simple or detailed & lavished! Personalize it. Hang it. You decide! It's up to you! Just have fun & let your creativity flow!

I would love to make one. Busy month though.. but maybe I can make MIL go to work (cook for us) rightaway (she's coming later this month) so I'll have some extra hours everyday I love to cook for my family, but it does take time.... having an extra hour a day during this season will be greatly appreciated.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to jellyziva

My scrap areas are almost completely organized. I hope the labeling will go quickly after that.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

The dining room table is clear!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • melissa*l Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

Ditto the 'free shopping trip to IKEA part'
I think I'm ok and all set... but I love going to IKEA just to browse around. I got my shelves, most of my boxes, file holders and etc from there...

I am thinking way too much about a free shopping trip to Ikea!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Challenge #1

This sounds super fun & something that I have been needing to!! When does the challenge go until?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

• johnsusan8 Said:
The dining room table is clear!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

My tasks on the list for today is maintenance cleaning!!

* Dusting
* Take out garbage
* Vacuum

Such simple things like this seems like such a chore! I wonder if it's because these were the things that I had to do as chores as a kid?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I think that if I could have any organizational item for free it would be a wall of paper organization, i.e.

I was going to post a pic... but no public embedding

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/299447...

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to Karen3066

I 'd like to join the ladies on organizing.. Ive been organizing here and there for months..

I redid my make up area today..
I'll come back tomorrow and post some pictures..

Page 4 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics