Page 5 of 7 
Username Post: {The ABC's of Organization Support Group}        (Topic#1544033)
johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to johnsusan8

This week's To Do list:

1. Finish packing up pre-made layouts. I need one more large box.Done 11/3

2. Rearrange materials in workbox and minibox to put some of the crowded things in empty drawers.Done 11/10

3. Label all drawers!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:
The dining room table is clear!

Yay Susan!! Great Job!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
I think that if I could have any organizational item for free it would be a wall of paper organization, i.e.

I was going to post a pic... but no public embedding

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/299447...

OK, well I think I definitely missed the 'for free' part of your question! LOL!

Now that I've went back & thought about it, I have to agree about the free paper shelving racks! I should have never clicked on that pic! Now I have such envy! Hehe!! Anyone that has been to a LSS Supply Sale, knows that all those racks are worth a whole lot of money each individually!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Hi Cyndi & Welcome!!

I'll be sure to come back & add you & your space to page 1!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, Ladies...

I'm going in!

As in, today's the day!

I have nothing else planned, but to dedicate the day towards cleaning out my space!

I need to move things around & spend some time sorting like-items!

I'll be sure to take some pics as I go along & will try and check in, as I take short breaks in between!

Tip - Play music.
Take breaks in between to label & sort.
Clean for increments of 3 hours at a time!

6am-9am
breakfast
10am-1pm
break for lunch
2pm-5pm
dinner

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I wish I could find a day to dedicate to cleaning my room out. Actually to cleaning any room out.

scrappinsteph
Diva
scrappinsteph
In response to cynscrapgirl

I would love to join you ladies on the organizational trail! I am recently seperated and going thru a divorce which was needed. When he moved all his stuff out he took his computer desk and our extra bed so guess what? That left a big empty room! Perfect for a scrap room (and craft room for my soon to be 4 year old too). I am setting up and decorating it now. Still have stuff to do so I am sure I will get ideas from you guys!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Becky Scraps

Only because it's going to be Veteran's Day Becky. My hubby & the kids are working outside & on the family garage today, so luckily I can make the most of the day.

Got the 80's channel on.

Found my long lost embossing gun (which I thought I had left behind or donated)...good thing too because I was just about to purchase a replacement this month!...Lucky for me, the Superstore was out of stock!

Anyways, moved the cabinet & my paper drawers around. (Yes, it took me 2 months to talk about it & only 10 minutes to accomplish!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Welcome Steph!

Sure thing! We'd love to have you here!

Sorry to hear about your situation, but then again & as you mentioned, Congrats on the extra new space!!

Good Luck & Here's to a much deserved space!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Welcome Steph.

Just know I'm very very jealous of you.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'm trying to pace myself, but I'm seriously considering reorganizing my photo album shelves. Not only have I done this twice now within the year, but both times, I've never really been happy with the way they look. It's mainly all albums.

Today, I might ditch the whole idea & start scattering some of my albums throughout my livingroom & or in my hopechest. Plain & simple, they are not only taking up valuable scraproom space & really need to be out in the familyroom where they can be more accessible & or proudly on display for the family to be able to open & see!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, back to work I go!

Talk to you ladies on my next break later today!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I'd like to get some sort of shelving in my livingroom for my books too. I feel like people would enjoy them more if they were out there for people to see. No one really goes in my scraproom but our immediate family and dh and the kids don't touch my stuff.

scrappinsteph
Diva
scrappinsteph

• Becky Scraps Said:
Welcome Steph.

Just know I'm very very jealous of you.

I am assuming you mean the room as a scrap space and not the other thing I mentioned....LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!
1. Type Of Space - A whole room!2. Colors/Style/Themes - Lime green walls with black and white accents/zebra print3. Main Challenge - Completely setting up this space to make it functional! I keep finding new ideas and have many a trip to Ikea!

1. What are some things that are currently working for you?
-having a space all to myself
-I have done some storage thats working
-my scrap desk works great
-my alpha storage
-my ribbon storage (on my repurposed shelf I just made!)

2. Followed by, What are some things that are NOT working for you?
-my desk space now looks like it doesn't belong, I need to make it cohesive for the space
-lack of funds to get more paper trays (anyone wanna give me some early Christmas presents....j/k)
-motivation to make curtains to match the room...lol!
-need something to hold my paints where I can see them (and I think I have a DIY idea that might work....repurpsed spinner spice rack?)

I will go through the thread through the day and see if I missed anymore questions. I just recently made a wall sign that I might change so I can do the first challenge too!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to scrappinsteph

Actually I was referring to Kelly's free day to clean and organize her room. As soon as I wrote that I thought you it might be misunderstood. Sorry!

I pretty much have a whole room too. It was a computer room but slowly it's turning into a scraproom.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Steph, Thank You for taking the time to answer the questions.

I'm already loving the green, with the black & white zebra stipes. That's sorta what I'm going for, but with hot pink & a little bit of purple!

Eventually, I'll find the perfect rug to tie it all together!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

When they start to play the same song that you first heard in the early morning, that's my que to take another break!

- I refound my desk (it's clear, clean & reorganized!)...Yep, I just had way too much stuff crammed on there!

- I redid & resorted my bling. Not sure it's how I'll keep it, but for now, it's in order & contained.

- I ended up keeping the empty cabinet as a Cuttlebug station, as well as a place to keep some random tools & all of my wet adhesives. I still need to work on the dry adhesive. Most likely I'll keep it somewhere near me at the desk.

- Organized some stamps. Photo to come later this week.

- Finally, finally, made a space for my handmade & Prima flowers. What a load off & a really easy fix. I'll leave it as a surprise & add the pic.

- 1/4 of the room is done, but the part of the room that gets the most mess & traffic. Still need to work on paper, paper scraps (ugh!), holiday items, album situation & all my Steampunk trunks & stuff that takes up a whole section of the room!

Anyways, taking the rest of my break, to brainstorm, add to my inventory & to eat something.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:
I think that if I could have any organizational item for free it would be a wall of paper organization, i.e.

Now that I've went back & thought about it, I have to agree about the free paper shelving racks! I should have never clicked on that pic! Now I have such envy! Hehe!! Anyone that has been to a LSS Supply Sale, knows that all those racks are worth a whole lot of money each individually!

I am with you on the envy part Kelly! I have never been to an LSS sale, I've only been to one LSS and it wasn't that great. All the scrappy stores within a 45 minute drive are all chain store

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Kelly I am so jealous of your productivity you have going on over there in Guam Please share

Welcome Cindy & Steph! Congrats on your new space Steph & all those trips to Ikea. I've only been once, but I keep trying to convince DH that a return trip is needed, lol!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I am trying to get completely re-organized (the whole house I need to get ready for the upcoming holiday decorating!!

Also, I am having my wisdom teeth taken out next week, my job gave me 3 days off for work, so I am hoping to have some quiet relaxing time for crafting... that's if I am not in as much pain as I think I am.

Also, I have a HUGE order of stuff coming in for candles, lotions, and soaps. I am trying to re-do my kitchen in away I can incorporate a permanent home for some of this stuff. I am already thinking of maybe a china buffet with baskets that coordinate with the colors of my kitchen. Any ideas?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

I am with you on the envy part Kelly! I have never been to an LSS sale, I've only been to one LSS and it wasn't that great. All the scrappy stores within a 45 minute drive are all chain store

Well, apparantly you have to hang out in the back of some of these stores! From what I've heard, sometimes (especially in the case of going out of business), they throw out bulk storage items!

I think this could be fun, in the case of having a special scrappy buddy who could look & watch with you once or twice a month. Otherwise, I'd be afraid to suspiciously be hanging out in the back of any random buildings!

(BTW I could totally see me & my friends doing this! LOL!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Karen, I think your China cabinet sounds like a wonderful idea!

I have a friend who found a pie cabinet (the kind with chicken wire doors) in which she use to keep all her craft supplies in, within her diningroom.

I think it was one of the prettiest & coolest pieces. Also, I think she said she got it at an auction.

Good Luck with your ventures girl!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, I'm going back in!

Please forgive me, as I'm sort of all over the place as far as any To Do List are concerned.

Last night I finished working on...

- sorting my remaining alphas

- fiber storage

- more stamp storage

- tag storage

- misc embellishments

I've mainly been concentrating on the area around my desk.

Today, I am going to do a major overhaul & take everything else out, so I can sort & select what goes back in!

I know not everyone has the luxury of either time, space or rather little touching hands, but for me, I literally have to get it all out or else I feel like I'm just moving stuff from one side of the room & right back to the other. Anyone else know what I mean?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Disclaimer - I am bound & determined to get this space done!

I've literally been working on it (or rather talking about it) since February!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

Kelly I will stalk the LSS back alley with you... maybe a drive-by lol

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

What is your favorite organized are of your room & why?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

My favs are my Stickles & wooden stamp storage. The reasons are the same for both... I love having my things out & displayed in an organized fashion. I tend to use the things that I see more often.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

All scrapping and organizing are on hold in my house until my Scentsy party is over on Sunday.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Ooo, I've never been, but love the idea of that kind of party!

If I don't come across a rep here, I definitely will attend one when I get back to the states!

Good Luck & Have Fun Susan!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Kelly I will stalk the LSS back alley with you... maybe a drive-by lol

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
What is your favorite organized area of your room & why?

I'm gonna have to go with the central area around my desk. Basically, I try to keep as much as I can essential-wise around me as I work (without making it appear cluttered!)

This includes my brads, my tools, my pens, Stickles, ink pads, as well as all flowers & bling nearby.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

I just went to a Scentsy party a couple weeks ago!! My favorite part is always getting to smell every smell they have! I always go to a Scentsy party with a notebook for notes for my candle & soap making adventures & only cash so I can't blow the budget

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

I haven't even had the party yet and have sold over $300 of stuff. Friends of my daughter's and people I invited who ordered online!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Wow Tante you are doing fantastic with orders for your party!! I hope you get lots of free stuff!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

Me, too!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Of never heard of that kind of party.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
I got a Creative Memories Photo Organization box and I organized pics from 2008-09 so that they'll be ready for scrapping.

Shirley, I meant to ask you, what does this box look like & or what all is included with it? Does it come with any special tabs, tips or perhaps an instructional booklet?

I'd love to hear & or see more!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

That's awesome in care of the party, as well all the pre-orders!

Now that's what I'm talking about!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Well, I ended up working on my room for 3 days straight!

And guess what! Amazingly...I'm done!!

(Yippee!!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

...Done as done can be (for now).

Eventually, once we start the weekly/monthly challenges, I'll be sure to better streamline everything down to the detail!

(As in mainly my albums, my completed layouts, my unused kits, etc.)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Now I just have the task of taking the time to take some pics!

Also, I don't think I mentioned it, but I had went ahead and ordered the black & white Croppers early this month! Hopefully, they'll get here soon, so I can try them out & put them to good use!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

In the process, I finally found some dedicated storage for...

- my ribbons (drawers)
- my flowers (over the door storage)
- my pens (open bins)
- my stamps & inks (trays)
- my alpha chipboard (jars)
- RAKS & swaps (compartment basket)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I seriously need a medium to long shelf for all of my scrappy knicknacks. Right now they're taking up space on my desk & really need to be located!

Just to share, I actually spent to last 2 days looking for a white shelf that I had already hung up this past summer in our master bedroom.

Talk about a DOH! moment!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:

I love my flower display.. (although I probably have enough flowers to last me a lifetime)... I love all the glass jars that they are in. I got this little shelve from IKEA that's perfect for them. It is IMHO the prettiest corner of the room.

IKEA Wall Storage Unit By Jellyziva

Edited by jellyziva on 11-15-10 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to jellyziva

Shirley that is so pretty.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • jellyziva Said:
I got a Creative Memories Photo Organization box and I organized pics from 2008-09 so that they'll be ready for scrapping.

Shirley, I meant to ask you, what does this box look like & or what all is included with it? Does it come with any special tabs, tips or perhaps an instructional booklet?

I'd love to hear & or see more!

Kelly... I'll gladly take some pics for you next week. The 'system' is basically a photo box (slightly larger than the kind you get at Js or Ms) with 5 smaller divider boxes inside (with 2 lids). It comes with labels, dividers for the smaller boxes and instructions.

The reason I got this is that a regular photobox doesn't work for me. I have some pictures that are 5x7, and the envelopes they come in (from Kodak Gallery or Shutterfly) are slightly larger than the width of the photo box. Instead of searching for archiving envelopes, I got the system because they have these divider boxes that are opened on the top (there are 2 lids included in case you want to take them to crops), so I can see very clearly what's in there and can 'finger thru' the pictures when I'm picking out pics for scrapping.

I sort my pictures by year, and for each year, I'll have 4 sub-categories: family, DS and DD, special trip. I can use the divider box for each year, and then use the divider tab pages to divide up the sub-categories.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• johnsusan8 Said:
I haven't even had the party yet and have sold over $300 of stuff. Friends of my daughter's and people I invited who ordered online!

That is awesome!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
I just went to a Scentsy party a couple weeks ago!! My favorite part is always getting to smell every smell they have! I always go to a Scentsy party with a notebook for notes for my candle & soap making adventures & only cash so I can't blow the budget

That sounds like fun! And cash only is a great idea for keeping within budget.. good thinking!

Can't wait to see your candle and soap creations! I'm sure your Etsy store will be a great success.. they make wonderful holiday gifts and people love exotic scents that they can't find in Pier 1.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Becky Scraps Said:
Shirley that is so pretty.

Thanks, Becky!

I'm an addict of so many things.. one of them is the IKEA store! I took a day off with my friend at the grand opening of our local store. We used to drive 5 hrs to LA to go to one! Those were of course our pre-kid days...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Sorry for thread-jacking..

I did some unexpected organizing. I went to LSS and they had some brads for 50% off.. so I got another pack and realize I'm running out of room for my brads.. I have a whole drawer dedicated to them (I know..)

I bought another new bead box a month or so ago to house the expanding collection.. and I just realize even that one is full. So I cleaned out my old ribbon-brads (do you remember those things) and made room for these new ones.

Bling was on sale at Ms last week, so I got some new pearl sets. Great price.. but again I'm running out of room (bling takes up my other drawer). So I cleaned out some old $1 Target bling and gave them to my DD (or more like put them in her drawer), and consolidated some of the packages and threw out some extra packaging. Now the stack is more manageable.

Reorganizing made me realize my taste has certainly changed over the last 3-4 years, and so what I wanted back then and got a bunch of... now I don't want them anymore. This has taught me NOT to stock up on new things because I don't know how I feel in 3 yrs' time. I hope it is like fashion.. maybe I'll like them again in a few years.

I have a problem with stickers too. Now I don't use them much at all. I've gotten quite a lot from Ebay. Now I'll probably have to go thru them and donate a bunch of them to the children's hospital.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to jellyziva

We don't have and IKEA store anywhere near where I live.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Over $800 was spent at my Scentsy party (This is a company that sells room scents, mostly pots to warm the wax with light bulbs - no flames necessary.) I earned over $100 dollars of free product and some 1/2 off items of my choice. I chose just over $80 of stuff and gave the rest of the free items and the 1/2 items to my daughter. She can sell them at her parties for people who like to see in person what they buy and make 100 or 50% profit. The LSU and fleur de lis pots are very popular around here.

So now that my party is over and my house is clean, I ought to be able to spend some time organizing my scrap room some more.

scrappinsteph
Diva
scrappinsteph
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:

Right now it's this area in my scraproom that has my shelf and spice rack I repurposed for acrylic paint and ribbon storage. It just looks pretty! And it has a framed picture from my soon to be 4 year old son!

Favorite Corner of Scraproom By Scrappinsteph

Edited by scrappinsteph on 11-15-10 09:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

I love the wall color!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Shirley ~ Congrats on the unexpected storage, and brad & bling sale I think I have bling envy, a whole drawer!!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Also, the shelf is super cute Shirley!

Becky ~ I don't have an IKea close by either so one day I made an (about) 6 or 7 hour round trip to go one... so worth the drive!!

Kelly ~ hmmm.... pictures please!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I seriously need a medium to long shelf for all of my scrappy knicknacks. Right now they're taking up space on my desk & really need to be located!

Just to share, I actually spent to last 2 days looking for a white shelf that I had already hung up this past summer in our master bedroom.

Talk about a DOH! moment!

I've done things like this before, don't feel bad Kelly

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

My daughter hates Ikea, not the products, just the policies and procedures in the store that help keep the prices down. My granddaughter's bedroom is furnished with all Ikea products - daybed, dresser, and cubicles with baskets. They are so cute and so practical. But dd says she'll pay the extra just so she can have people to help you. (Maybe she was just angry with the many customers who blocked the aisles with no thought for others.)

I'm still rearranging my scrap goodies, so still no labelling of drawers yet!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Ladies!

Lots to catch up on here on our thread!

Offhand, can I just say, Congrats on your party Susan! That's really great!!

Steph, I am loving the green walls in your room! Your latest photo is my fave! I'll be sure to stop by to leave some love as soon as I get the chance!

Hi Miss Nancy! How goes it in the scraproom? Anything new?

Thank You Shirley for sharing the details of your Photo Box Storage! It definitely sounds very organized! Also, I especially loved hearing about your latest 'unintentional' organization! You sound like you're going through what I just went through! One thing I will say about 'older stuff' is, it's actually a bit easier to part with because you already know what you do or do not like! Know what I mean?

Becky, I feel ya in care of IKEA! Sadly, I've onle ever been there twice in my lifetime! Once when they first arrived to California & another time on a trip there with my cousin. Hopefully, wherever we move next, there will be one somewhere nearby or at least within reasonalble traveling distance!

Hi & Hello to Miss Karen (who is home resting this week!)...As well as Hello to anyone else here who is stopping by, peeking in & or visiting us here this week!

If you haven't been by or haven't felt much like organizing, please do still feel free to check in and send a shout out!

And on that note, Talk To You All Soon!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Since it's the weekend, I'm already making a big creative mess this morning!

My room is in fact done. However, it's sort of messy right now, since I have the Cuttlebug, my scraps & misc patterned paper strewn about my floor while I'm working.

Everything is sorted & organized by category, but still. Now that I know what it's like to have it clean, it's sort of hard to let it be 'a mess!'

(Wow, I can't win in my thinking! LOL!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

- Making general cards (Father's Day, Get Well, etc.)

- Working on 3 Cricut Fall-inspired projects.

- And then I need to restart working on my Christmas Cards! I have a lot to try and make!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Anybody else crafting, cleaning or preparing for company?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I'm moving dh and myself into our new room and dd into hers. So it's going to be a busy weekend of organizing two rooms. When I get the stuff out of the room the 3 of us were in I'll start converting that to a play room. I can't wait for the kids to have a playroom. I'm excited to organize that too. I'm already thinking about shelving. I'm not sure how to paint it yet either. All blue with hand prints or one of each yellow, red, blue, green walls. There are so many choices here.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Handprint Art

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

I really like this.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

I'm planning shelving like this. Also doing the painted caulkboard on one wall.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• KellyCali Said:

Lovely lighting!!!

And that, my friend, is an Expedit (distorted by the lens), I think!
I recognize the plastic bins....
(from the resident IKEA addict)

Edited by jellyziva on 11-21-10 10:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scrappinsteph Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

Right now it's this area in my scraproom that has my shelf and spice rack I repurposed for acrylic paint and ribbon storage. It just looks pretty! And it has a framed picture from my soon to be 4 year old son!

Favorite Corner of Scraproom By Scrappinsteph

So pretty!

Love the wall colour!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Anybody else crafting, cleaning or preparing for company?

Yup.. did that yesterday. Had 5 families over.. tons of kids.. Cooked a ton! Made a few desserts!

My MIL is coming tomorrow.. I'll still be cooking Thanksgiving dinner since she'll be suffering from jetlag for a week or so... She'll take over the kitchen probably next week. I like to cook, but I also welcome having an extra hour or two each day..

Still got to:
- organize the extra brads
- finish family newsletter
- address and send out Christmas card
- finish at least one LO or two before end of this month..

I found out Cuttlebug came out with extended pads that'll allow for the Sizzix XL die. I ordered that, and 2 other die.. I'll have to find some space for the die

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Here's our game room... most of the furniture came from IKEA.

The cloud and planes are wall stickers...

Game Room By Jellyziva

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to jellyziva

It's very cute Shirly!!! How old are your kids?

Any ideas for stuff animals? I swear those things are taking over my house.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I've seen "hammocks" strung across a corner of a room to hold stuffed animals. And, of course, the kindest thing to do is to ask your child to choose one to keep and choose one to give to a needy child until all are accounted for. Depending on the age of the child, you can ask him/her to freshen up the stuffed animal with washing it or fluffing it up in the dryer, putting on a new ribbon, attaching a small candy cane or a bag of wrapped candy to the paw or neck ribbon.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Shirley... your alls playroom looks like something from a magazine!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Tante that is a fantastic idea!!

scrappinsteph
Diva
scrappinsteph
In response to Karen3066

I am loving all those pics of kids' play rooms! When I finally finish my scrap room you will all see my son's side of the room - he has his own craft tables (Ikea!) and his train table in there so it's pretty much a multi-purpose room!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Anybody organizing, thinking about organizing or purchasing any fun Black Friday Weekend organizational products?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I've actually spent the last 2 days in my room.

I'm still battling my scrap pile.

I have them organized (in a an expandable accordian file) but I still have too many.

I'm busy setting some aside for 2 friends, but still have bigger pieces that are too big to mail.

Cutting some down, but I also got the great idea this week to create some 8 & 1/2 x 11 pages for my mom.

I sure wish I would have thought of that one a while back. It's fun (especially since I no longer scrap that size), but I can tell it's going to take me awhile & time is precious with only 20-some days until Christmas (not including mailing time!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Speaking of running out of time...

I'll go ahead and extend the Scraproom Sign- Making Project to Jan 31st!

Challenge #1

Create a sign or a frame project for your space! It can be large or small. It can be simple or detailed & lavished! Personalize it. Hang it. You decide! It's up to you! Just have fun & let your creativity flow!

Begin - Nov 1st
Ends - Due NLT Jan 31st

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to KellyCali

I've been so busy lately, I haven't done much in my scraproom. The first thing I need to do is unpack from my last crop. Luckily I didn't bring a lot with me.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Anybody organizing, thinking about organizing or purchasing any fun Black Friday Weekend organizational products?

I got the JetMax spinner thingy for $8!! I also got a bunch of photo boxes for 3 for $5 + 30% off!! I have started filling the boxes, but the spinner thing has so much room in it that I can't seem to get it full
Products Referenced in This Post:

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Speaking of running out of time...

I'll go ahead and extend the Scraproom Sign- Making Project to Jan 31st!

Challenge #1

Create a sign or a frame project for your space! It can be large or small. It can be simple or detailed & lavished! Personalize it. Hang it. You decide! It's up to you! Just have fun & let your creativity flow!

Begin - Nov 1st
Ends - Due NLT Jan 31st

Thanks Kelly

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I had a chance to clean up my room yesterday!! It was starting to get a little messy & dusty! I still need to vacuum and then I am done!!

I really want to get an album done for my Mom for Christmas so hopefully the clean space will be motivating! I get a break from school in 2 weeks, so I will be cranking out crafty goodness after that until Christmas!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

I spent most of my weekend painting the kids playroom. I can't wait to start organizing it once I get it finished.

I'm glad you extended the challenge there's no way I'd find time to get to it yet in December. Which hasn't even started yet!!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Becky, I totally feel ya on Dec. being a super crazy month! I love Christmas & always end up over doing it!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

It's quite in here! ladies!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

Hi, I've finished Christmas shopping. Wrapping and mailing are my next projects.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

sorry I've been MIA. have been working on holiday cards and projects and hard to keep up on all my message boards!

I'm psyched though, because the reprint of the organized and inspired scrapper is out, and mine is arriving courtesy of amazon tomorrow! hoping it'll reenergize me to get myself together. I'm feeling overwhelmed again. I have the week off between xmas and new years, so i'm planning to get myself together come heck or high water!
Products Referenced in This Post:

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Tina scraps

Tina, are you undecorating from Christmas during that week or are you leaving it until later to devote more time to organizing?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

we don't decorate - bf is jewish and I've just never gotten much into decorating besides a stocking here and there, so no need to undecorate. I can spend the week doing whatever I want!

Edited by Tina scraps on 12-06-10 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinsteph
Diva
scrappinsteph

Hi Everyone!! Sorry I have been MIA the past few weeks. I am still trying to get the oompf to finish my curtains for my craft room! I cut out the fabric but then got sidetracked! I did finish my room sign so I will get pics soon and post them. I also got a 4 shelf Expedit from Ikea a few weeks ago for my paper storage. I asked for some more 12x12 paper trays for Christmas so cross you fingers for me!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

just finished going through "inspired and organized scrapbooker" - unfortunately not as helpful as I hoped it'd be. I feel like most of the examples they used are just too space consuming, like individual glass jars for a bunch of stuff, which just takes too much space if you ask me, even if it's pretty. and of course most of the scrap rooms they showed were huge, whole rooms! though one woman did keep her scrap stuff in the basement, and carried up individual projects to the living room or something. what a hassle!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Tina... I agree!! I would never get anything done if I had to tote it all upstairs every time!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Karen3066

I went through my clip it up last night, and found a few more things to get rid of/donate. the book reminded me to be honest with myself about stuff I'm using or not using, and not hold on to it just because. it takes up space and emotional energy.

I'm gonna spend some time putting a few more things away now.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Tina that is sometimes the hardest part of organizing!! Getting rid of your stash!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Becky, I totally feel ya on Dec. being a super crazy month! I love Christmas & always end up over doing it!

Um, no comment!...Says the person that hasn't even had time to check in!

My scraproom (& livingroom) are both upside down as we speak! There are cards, presents & wrapping paper everywhere you look!

I already know that next year I plan on setting up a dedicated 'wrappng station' come November!

Also, I really need a wrapping paper/ribbon organizer of some sort!

Page 5 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics