Page 6 of 7 
Username Post: {The ABC's of Organization Support Group}        (Topic#1544033)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Hopefully I can get it together when the new year starts. I have some serious organizing to get done.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Becky Scraps

Kelly we all need this...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

Ooo, I LOVE that!!

That wire basket is absolutely beautiful!

I also love that everything is out in the open to be seen!

Not only that, but if you look at it, it's really pretty simple!

Thank You for sharing that!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

http://orgjunkie.com/2009/11/gift-wrap-sta tions.html

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I love all these ideas.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

This is my favorite

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

My scraproom has turned into Christmas wrapping central & it is shameful that it was so organized & clean a few short weeks ago

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

Merry Christmas Ladies!!

Season's Greetings & Here's To A Beautiful Holiday!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Are we still planning to start up some challenges in the beginning of the year?? My entire house needs work.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Merry Christmas

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I was at TJ Maxx today & I saw a wire basket that was nearly identical to the one in my pic of the wrapping station! I came so close to buying it & then I remembered, hey it Christmastime & I am broke

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Karen3066

Did you see the newest issue of Scrapbooks, Etc.? It has lots of great organizational ideas?

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to johnsusan8

Well... I've been away from this for a long time and things have gotten out of control! I still don't have any better space to work with, but better storage options for within my space are a definite priority for next year!! I've received a lot of scrappy goodness over the past couple of months and still have nowhere nice to put it away.

I see that I didn't miss the first challenge (make yourself a sign or frame) so I'll have a chance to get in on that one.

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to klsteven

QUESTION: If you were covering an old bulletin board with fabric and didn't have a stapler, what would you use? I have a glue gun and I have matte gel medium for collage work... doing a test run right now with the gel medium...

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to klsteven

Nevermind... the gel medium is working fantastically!! I will post a picture when it is finished.

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to klsteven

My Inspiration Board:

Inspiration Board By Klsteven

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to klsteven

Happy New Year! My resolution - to do something scrappy every day, no matter how small. I figure just getting in my area will sometimes spark something bigger.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Ladies!

Happy New Year!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I purposely haven't been around.

Instead, I've been keeping busy, as well as trying to get myself back into 'organizational mode', after all the Christmas aftermath that was left behind in my space!

Basket or no basket, everything & anything has once again, ended up in my room!

I spent a greater part of the day yesterday in my room.

Looks a little better, however my desktop is still a mess!

Oh & I forgot to mention, during the Holiday Break, yes, call me crazy, but I totally switched spaces to a bigger space one weekend last month!!

(Being that my old room was completely organized, it made the move pretty easy & smooth, which was really great!)

Can't wait to share some pics! Hopefully, that will happen, sometime this month!

Consider it a goal of mine!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK Ladies!

Is everyone ready?

Being the 1st day of the New Year, we're going to just go ahead & dive right on into the Challenges!

It won't always be fun, but I can guarantee that no matter what, it will indeed be worth it all in the end!

Here's To Eventually Seeing Everyone At The Finish Line!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

When I have some free time, I need to update pg. 1 with some updated pics from everyone's galleries!

There are some wonderful examples to be had. I haven't forgotten.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just A Reminder!

Challenge #1 - Create a sign for your space!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Adhesive

Challenge #2 - Gather up your adhesive. Figure out what is working & what is not working.

- Where do you store it all?
- How do you store it?
- Which types are your 'go to' glues?
- Do you need to purchase more?

At this time, either add them to your Scrapbook Supply Shopping List or considering stocking up/reordering this month!

Throw away any dried up or unused glue, bottles, sticks or tape!

If you don't have a good storage method, consider either having a designated desktop bin or basket. And or for something new, try the Wet/Dry Storage method. Sort your adhesive by either brand or type!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I'll check mine out as soon as the kids go to bed. They are all in one basket right now. But I do think I need to purchase some more.

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to KellyCali

Challenge #2 - Adhesives

WooHoo! That is the one thing I actually have in order. It's not pretty, but I store everything in a Glad container. Because I don't have a large supply (or an ATG) it works and I store my wet and dry in the same spot.

What I DID do this challenge is finally give myself permission to throw away to photo splits I had that never stuck but I insisted on keeping anyways (because it felt like money wasted).

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to klsteven

Oh... I forgot that I got a can of spray adhesive for Christmas... haven't had a chance to use it yet so not sure if I like it and it doesn't fit in my bin so is just on the shelf for now.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Threw out a bunch of glue sticks. I'm not even sure why I was holding on to them.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I'm hoping to get back on track!

got remarkably little done this past week when I've been off from work, even thought I had promised myself I'd work on cleaning the scrap room. I am determined to clean up even just a little of my scrap room today. in fact, just picked up a few small, cute wire baskets at TJ Maxx. probably inspired by the scraproom article by Vicki Boutin in the most recent issue of SB etc. Generally I don't think baskets are very practical in my space, because I need to be able to stack things, but I figured a few would be manageable, and besides, they're pretty!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Tina scraps

All my adhesives are in a drawer of my scrapbox except for refills for my ATG gun and X. I buy those in bulk, on sale if possible and keep them in a drawer in the spare bedroom.

I finally did something that I've been thinking about for ages. I have a button bank that has compartments for different colors. If I only used it at home it would be no problem, but when I bring it to a crop, it gets jostled around and the tiny space between the dividers and the lid allows small buttons to "escape" to other compartments. So I took a small foam sheet that padded a Christmas present, cut it into a circle and will use that to put under the lid when I bring the bank somewhere.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Great idea & way to solve a problem Susan!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I think I have a love affair with all things wire.

If it were up to me, I'd have a room full of wire organizers!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Heading into my room to organize!

Even though I've recently stocked up, I've been going through ATG tape pretty quickly!

I still need to take inventory, as well as an updated organizational pic, but for now, I already know to add more tape to my Shopping List!

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to KellyCali

I just bought 2 more sets of plastic drawers today that came with bonus small drawers so that is going to help a LOT with getting things organized! I'll be filling them up tonight probably.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to klsteven

I still need to get an ATG. Do you have the pink and like it?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Becky, I have both the red & pink. Like you, I waited quite awhile to purchase one & asked lots of questions beforehand.

I keep one loaded with one type of tape (general purpose) & the other with my everyday tape (photo tape). With that said & now that I have the pink one, I tend to use it more often. It can take some time to get use to the proper grip, as well as remembering the correct loading procedures. However, if you've even used a packaging tape gun, then you'll be sure to adopt the proper grip.

Basically, I can't say enough good things about the ATG and would even go as far to say, that I consider it my right arm whenever I am scrapbooking!

I hope that helps you in your investment decision!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Challenge #2 = DONE!

Great Job Ladies!

Sounds like everyone has their adhesive well stocked & or under control!

Let's go ahead & move onto the next challenge!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I don't about you ladies, but this one is going to take me awhile!

Albums

Challenge #3 - Albums here, albums there. Albums, albums, everywhere!

- How many do you have?

- Where do you keep them? In 1 place? Or all throughout the house?

- Are they properly labeled?

- How many are actually full?

- Do you have completed layouts that you need to put away?

At this time, I'd like to have everyone take some inventory and once again, consider what IS working & what is NOT working?

Take some time, to label them, as you would see fit.

Do you have too many albums? Or do you perhaps not have enough?

Do you have all shapes & sizes or are you looking to cross-over to 1 particular brand. color or style?

And lastly, go ahead and update your Scrapbooking Shopping Supply List to include either new albums, $1 mini chipboard albums, page protectors, Project Life kits, etc!

And with that, Good Luck Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'm going to attempt to work on my albums sometime this weekend.

Mainly, I need to spend some time, putting away my completed layouts!

I don't think I've properly filed away a layout, in all of forever!

Shh, don't tell!...Instead, I've been piling them up in a basket that sits in a closet, never to be seen again!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to KellyCali

My completed albums are on the bookcase. I have only Creative Memories albums and have no plan to change. The only albums I have done that are not CM are two that I made for my daughters' cruises.

I have several albums that are empty, but I have plans for them. Right now, I have some layouts almost finished, just a little journalling and some titles needed - maybe a little stickling.

Really the only thing I have to do album-wise is separate the old size (not quite 12x12) from the true 12x12.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

My albums are pretty good. The completed ones (which there aren't very many of) are in the hall closet. I'm looking for a new bookcase to put them on for in the living room.

The ones I'm working on are all in order in my scraproom. I print pic at the end of every month and put them in the sleeve of the book they will go in eventually with a note of the journaling to include. I have tons of books full this way. Who knows when I'll get to scrapping all of them.

The only thing I should really work on is labeling the unfinished ones.

How does everyone else do their labeling? I bought some metal clip things from OT and don't really like them. I need a new labeling method.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I use the clip-on labels from CTMH. They're very similar to the OT ones and I like them. They fit my purposes. I use CM strap-hinge albums so that might make a difference.

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven

My filled albums are on a bookshelf in the living room. There's only 3 12x12 and 2 8x8 so I haven't worried about labeling them yet.

I have three unfilled 12x12 albums, plans for one of them and the other two I haven't decided yet. I don't like the cover of one of them anymore so I may look at ways to change it. I have two layouts that aren't in an album yet because they don't really fit with any of them... I do need to protect them better though...

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to klsteven

My albums are currently in one the shelves on my Ikea desk. I want a new shelf in the living room that can accommodate my albums so maybe they will actually get looked at!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

That's why I'd like to get mine in the livingroom. No one looks at them in my scraproom.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Creative Memories is having a 20% off sale through January on albums, pages, and page protectors.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Question: Do you all scrap pics as you get them or do you wait until you are working on the album that they are actually going to go in?

If you do them as you get them... how do you determine what size LO to do, since you don't know what size album that they will go in?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Still working on my albums.

You'd sort of have to see it, to understand it.

I've since moved some of the smaller albums to a smaller, hallway bookcase.

However, I still have lots of larger albums that I'd like to transfer out into our livingroom.

For the most part, it pretty much sounds like everyone has a good plan set up for their collections.

I think we'll go ahead & move on the next item on our list!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Question: Do you all scrap pics as you get them or do you wait until you are working on the album that they are actually going to go in?

If you do them as you get them... how do you determine what size LO to do, since you don't know what size album that they will go in?

There's really no rhyme or reason to my 'process'.

I mainly work with challenges & do the majority of my printing at home. For the most part, I scrap older pics, since they don't really have a good home, mean alot to me & need to get put away.

I mainly solely scrap 12x12 layouts. For me, the picture size doesn't really matter, unless I'm going super small.

However, I tend to love mini albums and find they are easier & or quicker for me to work with.

How about you Miss K? What's your process?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

As of now... I only scrap for albums that I have already purchased. I currently have 6 albums in progress. I have some 12x12 and some smaller albums. There are a lot of challenges & photos that I want to scrap, but I don't have albums for them and when I find the right album for them to live in... I don't know what size the album will be, so I can't decide what size LO to do. I either need to go on an album buying spree or just commit to a size & then worry about finding the right album in that size. Does that make any sense at all??

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

It does.

Trust me, if I had it to do all over again & with the volume of layouts that I have collected, I would have only purchased 1 type & 1 main size of an album collection.

Instead, after many trips to Big Lots, Walmart & M coupon sales, I have a ton of the thinner $5-$15 albums!

Once again, you'd have to see it all to understand it. I may take a pic, but have to clean up before I attempt to do that.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

I really want to try to make some mini-albums. I have been thinking about in the future of getting some sort of binding machine. I haven't decided if I would get my money worth out of it though!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

I only scrap pics for the albums I have. But I buy albums as I need new ones. I print pics every month and put them in the album they will go in. I just pic pictures from albums as I feel like doing them. I have switched to the 3-ring albums now because they seem to have so much more room.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Scraproom Inspiration By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK Ladies...

Continuing on...

Alpha Letters & Alpha Stickers

Today's item of the day, includes chipboard letters, numbers, shapes & symbols. As well as all or any alphabet stickers you may own.

- Where are you keeping them?
- Do you keep them within arms reach?
- How often do you use them?
- Do you have them organized or sorted?
- Do you have them sorted by color or brand?
- Do you need to restock at this time or can you afford to donate what you're not using?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I currently need to work on mine.

When I switched rooms last month, I took most of mine off the wall & now they are currently in a pile.

I originally had them hanging on a ring, however, I have since vowed to keep them directly in front of me on my desk. I'll take a pick when I'm done putting them where they belong!

- Where are you keeping them? - On my desk & under my desk

- Do you keep them within arms reach? - Yes

- How often do you use them? - Not as often as I'd like. Exactly why I am planning on moving them!

- Do you have them organized or sorted? - Yes & no.

- Do you have them sorted by color or brand? - Both

- Do you need to restock at this time or can you afford to donate what you're not using? I'm sort of in the middle. For now, I neither have any coming in or going out! Instead, I am attempting to use up what I currently have. Along with using my Cricut, my stamps & any metal & plastic letters that I already have!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Before & After Pics

Just a reminder! If any of you ladies have any pics to share, please consider posting them here!

Note: It might be easier to just take your pictures as you go item by item OR like I do, all at once.

If you can't manage to post weekly, a tip might be to upload them all at the end of the month!

* Every month I will try to remember to do a Photo Share Call!

So far, we've covered...

- Adhesive
- Albums

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Where are you keeping them?
Some are sorted by color in envelopes on the rack with that color pp. The rest are either with the kit they go with or in a stack.
No
On most los
Some of them. I need to work on sorting the rest.
color
- Do you need to restock at this time or can you afford to donate what you're not using? I could probably use some more colors.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
OK Ladies...

Continuing on...

Alpha Letters & Alpha Stickers

Today's item of the day, includes chipboard letters, numbers, shapes & symbols. As well as all or any alphabet stickers you may own.

- Where are you keeping them?
- Do you need to restock at this time or can you afford to donate what you're not using?

I have a ton of alpha stickers, but sadly I rarely use them. I bought them all prior Cricut! This is how I store them

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

I really need to start using my cricut more then I wouldn't need so many alphas.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I hear ya & that's exactly how I feel Becky!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Artist Trading Cards & Artwork

Artist Trading Cards

- 2 popular ways to store ATC's are either in baseball card sheets or Clip-It Up Holders.

- In the case of bulky cards, you could also use a small photo album to slide your cards into.

Artwork

- This could include personal artwork or children's artwork.

- Artwork in general can take up a lot of room. If you don't have a dedicated art portfolio, you might consider creating one for larger pieces.

- In the case of children's artwork, you could either dedicate a specific box for each child & limit their art projects to only 1 box or bin.

- Other ideas include, a scrapbook, an art binder, an accordian file, art as placemats, cards, letters to grandma, framed art, a wall collage, art scanned, printed onto iron-on sheets & made into a keepsake quilt, etc...

- In the process of purging, a great tip is to take a picture of your child holding up or standing next to their artwork.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I don't do ATC at all.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

I've haven't done ATC yet... but I think I would like the baseball card thing

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Karen3066

I store my ATCs in a binder with the baseball sheet protectors. Actually someone recently made me an altered binder with the metal rings for me to store them in, it's very pretty.

As for alphas - I have thickers and chipboard. I actually have 3 drawers in my jetmax cubes with alphas.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I know I've been MIA, but haven't been totally remiss. have actually cleaned up parts of the floor under my 2 desks, that I haven't been able to see in ages! now it's not just a tumbling avalanche waiting to happen. I also cleaned up my computer desk (scrap stuff is in a craft room/office).

I bought myself a few wire baskets at TJ Maxx. I decided that while I can't have everything in baskets, because it's not practical, I need to stack things, that I could have atleast a few pretty storage items!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Binders

Ideas...

- Acrylic Stamps Storage

- Artist Trading Cards (ATC)

- Cricut Cart Sample Sheets

- Inspiration Binder (for magazine cutouts, etc.)

- Inventory

- Rub-ons (for larger sheets & or smaller, unused, misc ones can be stored in a zipper pouch within the binder)

- Scraps

- Sketches

- Stencil Storage (slip into sheets)

- Sticker Storage

- Tool Reference Binder

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Bling/Brads/Buttons

How do you store your bling, brads & your buttons?

- Do you seperate them by brand, shape or color?

- Do you lump them together & store them all together?

- Is it important to you that they are portable?

- Do you keep them near your desk or does it matter?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Group Check-In

There's only about a week left in the month.

- If anyone has any updated pics to share from this month, please feel free to link them here & I will be sure to include them.

- Also, I figured that this would also be a good time to do a group check-in. How's everyone doing with your spaces? If you're still here & following along, please let us know, so that I can be sure to update the front page. Thanks Much!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Topics covered so far...

Adhesive
Albums
Alpha Letters
Alpha Stickers
Artist Trading Cards
Artwork
Binders
Bling
Brads
Buttons

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just For Fun...

Consider 10 Things That Belong In Your Space.

And now consider 10 Things That DON'T Belong In Your Space (please list them here).

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

I love the idea of using a binder for ideas from magazines!! I have a ton of magazines that I like a few things out of so I don't want to get rid of them, but I never end up looking through them. I might try to consolidate!! Great idea!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Just For Fun...

Consider 10 Things That Belong In Your Space.

And now consider 10 Things That DON'T Belong In Your Space (please list them here).

Belongs
1. Desk
2. Stamps
3. Copics
4. Ink
5. Cricut
6. Sewing Machine
7. Buttons
8. Punches
9. Albums
10. Paper... lots of it

Doesn't Belong
1. Iron
2. Bryan's Guitars
3. Christmas Wrapping Paper
4. Electronic Scale
5. Empty Water Bottle
6. ??

I think I am usually pretty good about keeping things out that don't belong.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Bling/Brads/Buttons

How do you store your bling, brads & your buttons?

- Do you seperate them by brand, shape or color?

- Do you lump them together & store them all together?

- Is it important to you that they are portable?

- Do you keep them near your desk or does it matter?

This is how I store buttons, bling, & brads!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Karen3066

I'm in. I'll think about what I want to organize.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Sounds Awesome To Me Karen!

I'm in. I'm going to say my albums. For me, this means putting my completed pages away, labeling them, if need be & preplanning the collections that I'd like to complete this current year.

Note: I literally have over 50 plus albums, so this is probably going to be a HUGE undertaking on my part.

My plan is to work on them 1 at a time, 1 week at a time.

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug
In response to Karen3066

I'm in!

I need to clean up my stamps and inks!

Janet

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to BamaBug

Welcome aboard Janet

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

So... it's been a white winter not-so- wonderland around here & this of course is making me dream of SPRING!!

I would like to host a Springtime Challenge!

Guidelines
Pick one aspect of your scrap space & completely finish before the end of the challenge! This is can be something big or something small!

Post pics here on our forum of any progress you are making along the way & of course of the ending results!

I will send the random winner of the challenge some especially cool hand-picked organizational goodies! Oh, if you pick more than one aspect to finish in your space then your name will go into the drawing for the number of item you completed!

Here in Kentucky, which is where I live, Springtime usually goes until about May! This challenge will go until May, so there is plenty of time!

Sign-Ups (Please sign-up NLT end of Feb.)
(Please let us know what you are going to work on, when you decide, no pressure to decide immediately!)
Organization Started =
Finished = (you will get one for each one completed)

1. Karen - Scissors (Hostess)
2. Becky - Albums
3. Kelly - Albums
4. Janet - Stamps & inks

Get ready, get set, clean & organize!!

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug
In response to Karen3066

Starting tonight on my stamps. I have a lot of clear, rubber and mounted stamps. I need to go through them all - ugh! I have thought about unmounting my stamps to save space in my small room. Does anyone have any ideas?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to BamaBug

Put me down for albums too. I'm getting a new book shelf for my livingroom to put my albums on. I want to get labels put on all of them. Maybe even do some covers for them.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Okay, Becky!! Updated!!

Janet - Congrats on starting on your stamps! I have no clue about demounting mounted stamps, but here are a few ideas about organizing mounted stamps!

Wall Storage ideas... (just for the record, disabled public embedding is annoying for sharing purposes)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/222103/view /3091391/...

Here is mine...
Stamp organization By Karen3066

If you don't want to display your stamps... have you thought about maybe putting them in containers like those plastic 12x12 containers. They are very often on sale at M's?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

Today, I took the 1st official big step towards finally getting my albums organized once & for all.

- Today at the Superstore the albums are buy 3 get 1 free.

- I used their sale prices, plus an additional coupon and ended up with a 4 free albums. That is, 4 would-be free albums that I basically turned around and put towards overseas shipping.

Anyways, I'm finally on my way! Hooray!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I forgot to share this here yesterday.

Here's a sampler of the fabric that I ordered to make curtains for my space, along with my updated inspiration page!

Sew Now Sew Wow By KellyCali

Scraproom Inspiration 2011 By KellyCali

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

Okay... so how many albums did you actually get altogether, Kelly? Is it 12?!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I think I am going to attempt to wake up early tomorrow & go thrift store hopping to find the perfect thing for my scissors! I am secretly hoping to find another shadow box to display my ever-growing mounted stamp collection! I have came scary close to out-growing both of the ones that I already have!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Okay... so how many albums did you actually get altogether, Kelly? Is it 12?!

Yep 12! And yes I have that many projects to put away.

- Wonderland
- Steampunk
- Faithbooking
- Hubby & Me
- Girls
- Military
- Summer
- Autumn
- Recipes (4)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
I think I am going to attempt to wake up early tomorrow & go thrift store hopping to find the perfect thing for my scissors! I am secretly hoping to find another shadow box to display my ever-growing mounted stamp collection! I have came scary close to out-growing both of the ones that I already have!

Good Luck & Have lots of fun for me!

Questions...

- Is it solely for your main scissors or are you including your scalloped scissors as well?

- What type of storage idea or container are you looking for? Square, circular? Large? 1 or 2? Or something all-in-one?

You know me, just curious to hear!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Tools & Scissors

I have a spinner tool caddy, but need something that will fit right on my desk & not take up too much room. Basically, while I wait, I've been trying to save up glass bottles.

Writing Tools

Insert glass bottles.

Anyways, that's my system for now, until I go out shopping in search of one of these (please see below - similar to a tabletop condiment/napkin holder!)

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

I love the pattern for your curtain. So fun.

Great work on your albums.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:

Good Luck & Have lots of fun for me!

Questions...

- Is it solely for your main scissors or are you including your scalloped scissors as well?

- What type of storage idea or container are you looking for? Square, circular? Large? 1 or 2? Or something all-in-one?

You know me, just curious to hear!

I am looking for something to hand on the wall for my decorative scissors. I am really looking for one of those things that are zig zag that have about 7 or so hooks on them. I like to have my frequently used scissors in my making memories spinner.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

I did indeed go thrifting yesterday!! I got exactly what I have been looking for all along for my scissors! I am super excited! It needs a good cleaning & painting and then my scissors will be complete!! I am going to start thinking about my next thing to work on!!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Kelly~ What kind of glass bottles are you collecting?

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug
In response to KellyCali

Love the fabric! So retro!

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug
In response to Karen3066

I am using the GinaK clear storage for my clear stamps. I do not have enough wall space to display my mounted stamps. Now they are in a rolling cart but i don't use them because I forget they are there :(. I do have some of the clear 8 x 11 storage bin that I got off of ebay - maybe that will work.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to BamaBug

Thanks Ladies in care of the fabric!

It's pretty bright & fun!

Now I just can't wait for it to get here!

And not mention my albums! I seem to keep finding completed layouts that I've since stashed away!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
I did indeed go thrifting yesterday!! I got exactly what I have been looking for all along for my scissors! I am super excited! It needs a good cleaning & painting and then my scissors will be complete!! I am going to start thinking about my next thing to work on!!!

That's awesome Karen!

I actually came here just to find out if you had went or not & or if you had found anything!

Yes, yes, you'll have to think of something new...That is, so you can maybe & possibly go back to the Thrift Store!

It's Friday here, so I'm off to hunt in a couple of hours!

I can't wait!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Kelly~ What kind of glass bottles are you collecting?

I'm waiting on my hubby to drink up some Starbucks. Basically, I'm using those without their lids.

Other than that, I'm on a hunt for small/spice bottles with lids. And or clear medium jars for all my bigger crafty embellies.

I have beads to store, as well as bling.

The other jars are for things like pom-poms, plastics, ribbons, spools, letters, chipboard, etc!

a) I LOVE being able to see everything & b) In turn, I love finding just the right jar, for just the right amount of stuff (versus being too large & wasting space!)

This is my happy-medium storage solution-idea towards having every last item contained, while still being able to see everything!

Page 6 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics