Username Post: Secret Sister Retreat May        (Topic#1544177)
Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Yes, I have this cool logo I've thought of...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Oh, and apparently my "Phi Beta Scrappa" is not original. I must have read/seen it somewhere, because there are already groups and t-shirts out there with that...but not with the simple logo I'm thinking of

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
I still plan to go even if I have to sell Pink's kids to get there!!!!

You're so funny!!!
Heck just bring those adorable babies!!!!!!!!!!! We'll take care of them!!

uh, sorry, don't think so. I'd probably end up taking a pair of scissors to one of them :P

Ummmm, I don't think you would take scissors to them...Tauryn would handle that for you!!!! My poor kids...Tina doesn't even know what she's missing.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Well, I think it's original Rosita! But I think the shirts should be pink...what do you think?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Nikilynn??? Are you okay with pink?

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-20-11 07:36 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. Y*E*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! hee~hee

Hi Pink!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
Nikilynn??? Are you okay with pink?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I love the idea of pink!

Hey girlfriends - I'm looking at flights right this minute! I am planning to come in on Saturday evening, landing around 7pm so I would want to spend some time somewhere (I'll be advised by you) until we can get into the retreat place on Sunday.

Is our last night Weds? I would get the 7pm flight out of Atlanta on Thurs evening if so.

Rosita - can you let me know if this is ok and then I am going to book it!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

I am planning to drive down with Sweet Pink!

Think Thelma and Louise with Paper Trimmers and patterned paper!

I think it's about a 12 hour drive so if we left REALLY early Sunday morning we could probably be there in time for dinner Sunday night. Don't worry Pink you can sleep most of the way down!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

This is getting exciting now with flights being booked and all!

Pink we need to start making our plans!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I love the idea of pink!

Hey girlfriends - I'm looking at flights right this minute! I am planning to come in on Saturday evening, landing around 7pm so I would want to spend some time somewhere (I'll be advised by you) until we can get into the retreat place on Sunday.

Is our last night Weds? I would get the 7pm flight out of Atlanta on Thurs evening if so.

Rosita - can you let me know if this is ok and then I am going to book it!

Yes, our last night is Wednesday. We don't check out until 3 on Thursday, so you girls who are flying don't make your return flights too early!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Tina, are you ok with a pink shirt?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

Rosita, my flight leaves about 7pm which means I would have to get to the airport for 5ish - is that ok? Will we get there in time?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

Yes. We don't have to stay until 3. Even so, the retreat house is about an hour away from the airport...so leaving about 3 for your flight would be perfect.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

Super - thanks for the information!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

Love the new avi Rachel!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Darn, I keep forgetting to come over here. I can cook too. Or help, or whatever you girls need me to do.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Rosita, I know you're the one always up on this info. What airlines should I try? I need one that goes to Atlanta right?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Thanks Rebecca! Neil took it on our snowy trek to the pub in December!

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to RachelUK

I sent Rosita a PM but, I wanted to let each of you know I really wanted to meet all of you.

Sorry, I have been out of town for the past week. I will not be able to come to the retreat. I thought some of the days were on the weekends. Didn't realize it was all week days. So sorry, I don't have that many days saved up plus I have to keep a few saved just in case something happens to my father (him being in his 80's). I am so sorry, I really wanted to meet all of you in person. Please forgive me for having to back out. I just can't take that many days off from work. I would love to do it again if it is on the weekend. So sorry Pam
Please don't be upset with me for backing out. I really wanted to meet all of you:(

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to scrappiepammie

Oh Pam, honey we're not upset that you can't make it. Just sad that we don't get to meet you. I'm so sorry!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Pammie, I'm sorry you won't be able to join, but it's understandable!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Rosita - I can live with a pink t shirt. after the retreat, I'll only be wearing it in the house anyway

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Suggestion - Since "Phi Beta Scrappa" is already taken why not "Phi Theta Scrappa"?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Sassy Suzi

does anyone have friends or ideas on how to fill up the extra spots?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrappiepammie Said:
I sent Rosita a PM but, I wanted to let each of you know I really wanted to meet all of you.

Sorry, I have been out of town for the past week. I will not be able to come to the retreat. I thought some of the days were on the weekends. Didn't realize it was all week days. So sorry, I don't have that many days saved up plus I have to keep a few saved just in case something happens to my father (him being in his 80's). I am so sorry, I really wanted to meet all of you in person. Please forgive me for having to back out. I just can't take that many days off from work. I would love to do it again if it is on the weekend. So sorry Pam
Please don't be upset with me for backing out. I really wanted to meet all of you:(

I don't think for a minute that this will be our only retreat Pam - lets book the next one near to you!! I really wanted to meet you too!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

What about Phi Eater Scrappa!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

My friend Lori on here might just come - shall I pm her?

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • scrappiepammie Said:

I don't think for a minute that this will be our only retreat Pam - lets book the next one near to you!! I really wanted to meet you too!

Rachel, It is actually pretty close about 4 or 5 hours from where I live. I hate that I am not going to be able to meet all of you.

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh Pam, honey we're not upset that you can't make it. Just sad that we don't get to meet you. I'm so sorry!!

I really wanted to meet you:( Hopefully next time.

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

• Tina scraps Said:
Pammie, I'm sorry you won't be able to join, but it's understandable!

Tina, Thanks for understanding. I really wanted to meet my first secret sister from this group.:)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I'll ask some of my friends who scrapbook. I know some of them would love to come, but I don't know who could swing the week away...

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

Pam sorry you won't be able to join us this time. No need to apologize,I'm just sad I'll miss this chance to meet you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I'm so sorry we won't get to meet you Pammie~! I was looking forward to it...but I'm sure we will meet another time!

Take care Pam and keep posting on the thread too! We'd love to hear from you.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I was kidding about the pink shirt...it can be whatever anyone wants. No issues, I'm just excited to be going!

Yes, Rebecca...we should make some plans. So if I fly over to your house tomorrow...when should my return flight be...I'm thinking July should about cover it!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 01-26-11 02:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:
I was kidding about the pink shirt...it can be whatever anyone wants. No issues, I'm just excited to be going!

Yes, Rebecca...we should make some plans. So if I fly over to your house tomorrow...when should my return flight be...I'm thinking July should about cover it!

Awww Pink I was hoping you'd stay awhile, do you have to leave so soon!!!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

I can't wait...I am going to drive 8 hours to get there.

I am thinking about either lasagne or chix and noodles, or maybe an easy beef stroganoff. Any ideas?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to SweetPinksSS

Since we don't have an egg allergy anymore, I can also make breakfast if no one else want to. I make a sausage egg cheese casserole, or a john wayne casserole....yummy, but blows the diet.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
Since we don't have an egg allergy anymore, I can also make breakfast if no one else want to. I make a sausage egg cheese casserole, or a john wayne casserole....yummy, but blows the diet.

oohhhh sounds good!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

How does beer butt chicken, potato salad and some other side sound? Will have to think about a good dessert too.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Maybe peach cobbler?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Kelly, Pink and I are planning to drive down too, it's about 12 hours for us. Can't wait!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:

oohhhh sounds good!

What is a john wayne casserole? And come to that, what is beer butt chicken too?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Whatever they are, I can sense the inches creeping on - and thats just THINKING about it!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Well, I don't know about you girls, but if it's food I'll eat it. i am NOT picky and during that time I will NOT be on a diet of any kind!!! Well, maybe the see food diet. LOL!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Rosita what's the official countdown now??

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rachel you take a whole fryer and put a beer up it's butt and grill it. Very simple and I stole an old friend's secret to the best BBC. Actually he wasnt a very good blocker when I manage to see.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

2352 Hours; 98 days; 14 weeks; 3 Months plus 8 days

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Rosita

I am boldly stating that I am going to the Retreat, I paid my money. If you are not going b/c of me then its your lost not mine. We're going to have fun. I really would like to know how many said they are not going if I go. I have personally not done anything to anyone. If I said something you dont like, guess what - you said something I didnt like either most likely, but I am not going to let that stop me from going.

Edited by Sassy Suzi on 02-01-11 12:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rositaa Honey Sweetie Darling, btw I love you, you should not assign me a meal. People might not eat what I cook, thinking I will poison the food. Its a joke. Ok Debbie I used a smiley. Southern cooking is food you really dont want to miss out on. Let me tell you, I've been North too and you all have some strange food too. Put sugar in your tea over a glass full of ice. As Mark Lowery said - Cook those vegetables and take a Flintstone, leave skin on that chicken, dont let that chicken die in vain. He is really funny and a good man, he is a Southern too.

All jokes aside, if you have an issue with something I said, please PM me and let me know, so I can personally apologize to you. There isnt anyone on here that I dislike. I find you all interesting and very caring for others. I know I am not liked by all, but that's okay with me too, cause its your lost not mine. I've posted comments to individuals or sent PMs that was totally ignored. Its okay I just dont bother them anymore.

I didnt breathe last night before I posted. I breathed and boldy too - that means deep breathes. There isnt a smiley for breathing deep so use your imagination here or take a few deep breathes.

Edited by Sassy Suzi on 02-02-11 12:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

You know what Suzi - I still dont understand the beer butt chicken. What is a fryer? Here it is a cooking pan full of fat for cooking chips (ie french fries). How could you put beer in that - it would explode? What is a blocker?

Am I going to need an interpreter when I get to Georgia? (MY Texan friend assures me that I will, and that everyone talks like Gone With The Wind!)

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

LMAO!!! Suzi, that cracked me up about putting the smiley face on it. hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

don't worry Rachel, I'm southern but I don't have that 'Gone with the wind' accent. In fact, I don't have much of an accent at all. But fiddle dee dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I'm from the midwest and we absolutely do not have accents! I think that's why I love all of the ones you all have from the South and Texas and across the pond and the East Coast too!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I do have an accent and when I am home it comes out even more. Heck I laugh at my hubby who is from East Tn, now they have some mountain talking going on when he gets with some from there.
Hour is pronounce - air
Leg is pronounce lag
You think y'all is funny in the South? They say yourins.

Rachel - In the South a fryer is a whole chicken, not a hen, a young chicken. Mostly 5-7 weeks old when taken to the chicken poultry plant to be processed/cleaned and ready to sell, like Tyson chickens. We used to raise chickens when the girls were young. (Figure out who the we is in the fact they were young. lol)
You put all kinds of good seasoning on the chicken, inside and out and leave the skin on. Then you politely take a can of beer and insert through his butt and stand both the chicken and the beer up. You grill him on the BBQ grill - outside until he is done. Very moist and good.

Potato Salad is made only one way in the south to be considered good potato salad.
Let me find a site with a good pic of the chicken sitting with a beer up his butt. Oh my goodness I forgot I have a picture of ones we cooked. I had to take a pic for my gf when she visited us one w/e. I'll go find it and post it.

Beer Butt Chicken By Sassy Suzi

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I don't know Rebecca, I think I notice a hint of accent in you. Granted, not much though. I've heard people from where you live with much more accent then you have. I have a friend that's from there who's been here since she was about 12, she's now 50 and she still has a light accent.

I don't ever hear it, but do you detect any southern in my accent?

Now when needed I can fake a proper and convincing accent. Everyone falls at your feet when you put on that southern charm. All my relatives on my Dad's side talk very southern. I guess I don't because since my Dad was in the Air Force we traveled around so much. Now living in Orlando there's not many of the Florida crackers left. If you go out into the smaller towns around Orlando you will find them.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb, I have detected just a hint of a southern drawl in your voice. It's lovely!

Suzi, how is your southern potato salad made?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

The mayo makes it. I loved a friend's potato salad so much and everyone did, yes he is gone, and always asked him to bring it to dinners. One day I stop to watch him make it and said something to him about how he was making it. He gave me The Look and said you and everyone else loves my potato salad so shut up and get out of his kitchen. When he passed another friend told me she still had his potato salad bowl from the w/e before he got killed. I looked at her and said do you know how he made it though? She said no, and I had a big smile and said I do. I did stay at his house a lot so he taught me how to make it. It was his love for me the only reason he showed me. I'm special, lol.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

So I'm guessing it's a well guarded family/friend secret?

I make a mean potato salad myself.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Well if that girl is not going to give us her potato salad recipe, I think we have to think up a forfeit until she breaks!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

I have a great potato salad recipe too.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Suzi...
I do not eat potato or any kind of salad (macaroni, cole slaw, etc) stuff...so your recipe would be TOTALLY SAFE with me!

I also am allergic to peanuts, peaches, and mayo...I don't like them either...but I have gotten physically sick with all three things. No problem though if anyone wants these things as part of a meal...I am willing to go out to eat or get myself some things to replace meals that will include these items.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I also plan on just getting pizzas for everyone for my meal or being a helper for someone elses meal...or both, whatever is needed.

Cooking and me are not close friends! I can do it, but I would be very nervous about it (having everyone like it, worrying about it, etc.) so I would rather not do that. Rosita already said this was fine, so you all will have to learn to love me for something besides my cooking...or just not love me at all!
I am willing to help with anything though and I am hoping that everyone has a wonderful time!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 02-02-11 04:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

It would be nice for us to list our menus and of there is a something you cant eat then tell me and I can come up with something else too.

The Potato Salad isnt a family recipe, it was just his and God rest his soul, we do need to keep the good stuff going around. His was the mayo, use the mayo and I like my potato salad warm, right after it is made. Everyone else can have it the next day when it is cold.

Kimberly I will think of something else too and see if you can eat it. Deal?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Sassy Suzi Said:
It would be nice for us to list our menus and of there is a something you cant eat then tell me and I can come up with something else too.

The Potato Salad isnt a family recipe, it was just his and God rest his soul, we do need to keep the good stuff going around. His was the mayo, use the mayo and I like my potato salad warm, right after it is made. Everyone else can have it the next day when it is cold.

Kimberly I will think of something else too and see if you can eat it. Deal?

NO DEAL!!!! Please don't make or not make anything special for me! I am fine and dandy with bringing extra stuff for myself and anyone else who wants it...but I truly appreciate you offering. Very sweet of you.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rosita - Put me down for Wednesday Dinner.
Pink - I will get with you on what ingredients I will be using to see if you are okay with the chicken. I guess Peach Cobbler is out too? Sweet Potato pie?

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• scrapbrarian Said:
I'm from the midwest and we absolutely do not have accents! I think that's why I love all of the ones you all have from the South and Texas and across the pond and the East Coast too!

My very dear BFF from the south always tells me he doesn't have an accent, I listen with one! hahahaaa

Just checking in to see the list of who is going so I can get my CJ pages all ready by the retreat... wish I could be there.. still broken hearted about having to back out and feel awful.... maybe next time! Love ya!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• thinkpink22 Said:
Suzi...
I do not eat potato or any kind of salad (macaroni, cole slaw, etc) stuff...so your recipe would be TOTALLY SAFE with me!

I also am allergic to peanuts, peaches, and mayo...I don't like them either...but I have gotten physically sick with all three things. No problem though if anyone wants these things as part of a meal...I am willing to go out to eat or get myself some things to replace meals that will include these items.

Those food allergies are horrible Pink.. I understand that feeling.. and no one seems to understand how sick you can get from them unless they themselves have ever had them. Mine is chicken. I become very sick when I eat it... not fun!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
You know what Suzi - I still dont understand the beer butt chicken. What is a fryer? Here it is a cooking pan full of fat for cooking chips (ie french fries). How could you put beer in that - it would explode? What is a blocker?

Am I going to need an interpreter when I get to Georgia? (MY Texan friend assures me that I will, and that everyone talks like Gone With The Wind!)

I worked very hard to get rid of my accent back when my life goal was to teach english as a second language in another country... But my daughter has a real southern drawl at times that makes me shake my head in wonder.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Ummmmm, are you saying that you don't have an accent Rosita?????

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

My potato salad is easy.

mayo,(Dukes, or Helmans)
sweet onions (vidalia)
boiled eggs
dill pickles and a little of the juice.

Sometimes I'll add some black olives and/or Salad Supreme.

Everyone on the street wants me to bring it to covered dinners. Either that or Potato Casserole.

As far as the meals go, I will eat any and everything. No allergies, and no food issues unless it's liver. All else I'll eat. So whatever you girls want to make or want me to make I'm ready, willing, and hungry!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rosita, let me know when it's a good time to call you. I need to set up airport travel with you since I can't afford to rent a car this time.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb, we don't have Duke's up North! I plan to buy a couple of jars when I come down for the retreat.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

John wayne casserole is a breakfast casserole made of 2 lbs. of cheese (no kidding) little smokies and green chilies and eggs. sounds gross,but ohso yummy.

I make a potato salad with potatoes, hard boiled eggs, mayo,bacon and onion....so good!

I also have no food issues at all,and frankly hope some southern woman makes a peach cobbler, We wil be in Georgia! I love peach cobbler

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Peach Cobbler is the easiest thing to cook. I'll make one! And Vanilla Ice Cream - Mayfield. We use Helmans.

Deb do you use a lot of mayo too? I sometimes like bell peppers in mine too.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I am the True Southern Georgia Peach and have the drawl to prove it. lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Peach Cobbler is the easiest thing to cook. I'll make one! And Vanilla Ice Cream - Mayfield. We use Helmans.

Deb do you use a lot of mayo too? I sometimes like bell peppers in mine too.

Oh yeah!!!! usually I have to add more the next day because it kind of absorbs into the potatoes or eggs.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I am the True Southern Georgia Peach and have the drawl to prove it. lol

I'll have some peach cobbler to go with that accent. LOL!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb you crack me up!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Debbie, are you saying I have an accent?!?

I use green onions in my potato salad instead of regular onions, and instead of dill pickles and juice, I use relish.

Am thinking one of the meals needs to be some good southern bbq (am sure Suzi will know the best place to get it since that's her stomping grounds, or I can ask a couple of my friends who consider themselves bbq connoisseurs), potato salad, pork and beans, green beans, sweet tea, and peach cobbler or pecan pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm hungry now, thanks girlies.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Green onions would be good Rosita. I would like the relish too. I would like the Dill relish more because I'm not as partial to sweet potato salad. although that's never stopped me from chowing down on it. LOL!!!

Rosita, i need to talk to you. Let me know when it's a good time to call.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

There is only one place that has the best BBQ, but it isnt close. Fresh Air BBQ outside Jackson and in Macon. And they cater - hmmmmm thinking we might have to see about this.

http://www.freshairbarbecue.com/catering.html

Indian Springs State Park is where we had Girl Scout Camps sometimes. I would take my girls and eat there before camp and then again after camp, a week long camp. During the week a couple adults would make a run to get us some.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I use green onions in my potato salad too Rosita.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I have no accent, but Tina says I do...not a southern one though! I think Tina has an obvious accent as well! And Rosita has one, and Debbie has one, and Lavona really has one!!!!

And Debbie~I am not sure whether the converstation about your scraproom was here or on the ss site but I LOVE your room! You have everything organized so beautifully and it is just the nicest space! I LOVE it!

Anything you all decide for meals is fine as long as Nikilynn makes the homemade chicken fajitas...I am so THERE!!! I plan on going to the grocery store and getting some supplemental meals for the ones I can't eat...no issues with me about what you all decide to cook. I'm just thrilled to be able to attend and spend the time with you ladies!

Nikilynn~you and me are going to have a blast!!!! I can't wait to meet you! I might just sneak back to your house with you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I'd go for just the plain green onions...hold the potato salad!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Speaking of French Toast, Look what I saw on AOL home page tonight.

Pillow Talk French Toast
Frances Janish
Enlarge Photo
"Pillow Talk" French Toast: There's no need to stand at the stove to make French toast – just pop it in the oven and it develops a pillowy center and crunchy edges. Drizzled with fresh strawberry syrup and dollops of whipped cream, it's a romantic breakfast OR an over-the-top treat for the kids.

Read more: http://www.kitchendaily.com/2011/01/07/valentines -day-r...

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Sassy Suzi Said:
There is only one place that has the best BBQ, but it isnt close. Fresh Air BBQ outside Jackson and in Macon. And they cater - hmmmmm thinking we might have to see about this.

Indian Springs State Park is where we had Girl Scout Camps sometimes. I would take my girls and eat there before camp and then again after camp, a week long camp. During the week a couple adults would make a run to get us some.

Sounds yummy

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Ditto~

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi girls only 3 more months and I get to meet many of my new friends and meet up with a couple of you once again! Can't wait!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

3 months isnt long and I can hardly wait to meet everyone.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh, I'm so excited!!! Thank you to my anonymous friend!!!

Rosita, when you get a chance I need to talk to you again. LOL!! Travel problems.....

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

I am getting excited. I have a bunch of sizzix dies I am getting rid of, anyone interested?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb, anything I can help with to get your travel problems sorted out?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

any news on whether we can get into the house sunday night?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Good question Tina, Pink and I are planning to arrive Sunday night.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I believe it has been approved, the other group has to be out before 3pm.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rebecca on driving now through Atlanta, rush hour is from 2:30 - 7:30. I am working on another route to bypass Atlanta. Remember though never ever get on I285 - 8 lanes of stopped and go inches. I75 straight though Atlanta.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

I am planning on arriving Sunday night too! I think it will be late, though. I am not sure when I will be leaving here.

Who else is driving and from where?

Do I have to say what I am going to make? Can I just claim a lunch or dinner and then bring what i want? Am I making breakfast too, and do I need to bring pans? I enjoy cooking, so no problem.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Suzi, thanks for the driving tip. Is there rush hour traffic on Sunday too? Same times 2:30-7:30 PM?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

What did we decide about a shirt?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rebecca I thought about that today after ZI posted last night, Sunday is okay. No Nascar or Braves that ww/e so will be smooth sailing. Also listen to 750AM or 95.5FM talk radio with traffic and weather every 10 minutes. Will you be coming down I75?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics