Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Secret Sister Challenge Swap Full/Active        (Topic#1544341)
laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 10-29-10 09:49 AM
In response to EmpressTrahan

can i join it looks fun

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to laba

we are closed for sign ups at this time

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to SevenWolves

Checking in. It was a gorgeous day here. Please keep me in your thoughts on Monday. I go in for some nerve testing on my spine. I found out I have two bulging discs, a herniation and a bone spur pressing into my spinal cord. It has been causing me quite a bit of pain. We are testing to see where to go next on my treatment options. I am hoping surgery isn't necessary.

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq
In response to AmyinFL

Amy, Sorry to hear about your back. I have the same thing going on. I have had some kind of injections that had to be done once a week while being Xrayed for three weeks. That didn't help at all but I know a few people that have had surgery and ended up worse off that before so that is not an option for me. I hope that you find something that will help you. I'll say a prayer for you.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to scrapbooksuzieq

Happy Halloween everyone!

Amy - hugs and prayers for you and your back.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

jci

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to bluucaca

Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to get over the monday drag and convince myself to go to bed - it will all be better tomorrow... or later today, i should say. lol

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

morning everyone. Amy prayers sent your way!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to ScrapAngel4

How is everyone doing? Has anyone had a problem finding the boxes?

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

I am going for mine this weekend, but I have both a Staples and Office Max within a mile of each other. If I don't find the exact boxes, I will find another useful storage container at my LSS that is similar in size. Looking forward to the shopping. Haven't had to buy these types of items in quite a while. Should be fun!

My 8 year old ended up in the ER yesterday, after 911 was called to his school! Talk about a scary phone call! He fell off the monkey bars and cut his head open. Just required staples in the back, and thankfully no internal injuries. He is quite the celebrity at school, as everyone knows it was him. And everyone just had to take a peek at his head today. He is so proud of his "battle scar!" Boys!!

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq
In response to AmyinFL

Amy, I am glad he is ok. Little boys are made just to keep us Moms on our toes, I have 4 of them.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Boys are crazy, I got three. Glad your little dude is okay.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I have a 14 month old nephew and he is already rough! Can't imagine how much worse he will get as he gets older. Gotta love boys!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Amy thank goodness that he is ok.. I would have died when I got that phone call.. I have 2 boys and one girl... I got the goosebumps just reading your post!

NCScrapper13
Veteran
NCScrapper13

JCI

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Okay ladies! I am going to be doing a weekly check to see who has and has not checked in. Sunday is a good day for me, so....

cindy10
scrappingdivas
EmpressTrahan
Yvette
Valtron

I need you to check in asap.

If anyone has any of these people as their pals, please hold your packages until I get word from them.

Remember, everyone needs to check in on the THREAD once a week. If you can not do this, please let me know. Maybe we can work out a phone check in. I know a lot of people do not have constant computer access, I do not want you to miss out on the swap due to not checking in.

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Checking in! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I just got back from a very relaxing vacation in Sedona!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to Valtron

I could soooo use a vacation! Glad you had a good time!

Hope everyone has a great week! I have to make a decision this week about a job I was offered out of the blue. It came the day before budget cuts were announced at my current job. I love where I am at, and would never think of leaving. I interviewed for this job months ago, but the person he hired isn't working out. He called me up Tuesday and offered it to me. It is a very significant pay increase, which I desperately need. But the comfort of my current job makes me scared. Then, the next day I found out that there are budget issues and they are asking most of the attorneys to cut back their hours and anyone who is close to retiring to PLEASE do so now. I am no where near there, but I am the office manager and paralegal to 3 attorneys at Legal Aid (a branch office). I heard there could be layoffs... sooo, I am thinking I might take the new job. It is a longer drive, but the extra money will be worth it. Just need to jump out of my comfort zone.

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq
In response to AmyinFL

Amy I'm sure you will make the right decission about the job. Do what is right for you and your Family. Everyone else. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I didn't get any scrapping done but I did alot of cleaning so that I can scrap a;; this week guilt free.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

jci almost done with mine

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to bluucaca

I am holding mine until Friday to stuff some extra goodies in the box.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

thanks for checking in ladies...

Amy - I don't know anything about either of the jobs, but from what you are saying... i would take the new one. The economy is still rocky, and we all have to be careful.

Valtron - glad you had a great vacay

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I am checkin for the week. Last week I was so busy.. I hope this week isnt.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

ok i have mine ready to go also but i do have one of the ones that is on the Hot list hopefully she will check in

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan
In response to bluucaca

hey! sorry everyone!!
I'm not flaking I promise! Just been a very busy couple of weeks! so busy, i thought as i was about to go to sleep, I probably need to check in!!! so I got up to do so...soooo sorry, It won't happen again. My box is ready, I'm going to be mailing soon =] my pals' hopefully going to LOVE it! =]

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

thanks for checking in!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Okay... I still need to hear from

Yvette
scrappingdivas
cindy10

If one of these people are your pal, please do not send anything yet. If they do not check in before Thursday, I'll have to do some rearranging.

Has anyone heard an updated statuis on any of them? I checked all their post activity... nothing from Yvette or Scrappingdivas since 10/24... and cindy has been MIA since 10/18.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

Cindy is the only one that i know that has not checked in on any of her other swaps even on the ones that she is hosting. I'm in a couple that she is hosting and we have not been able to get ahold of her.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to bluucaca

Yes, same here...nothing from cindy10 on her other swap but no clue about the other two. I sent cindy10 a pm about my package and haven't received anything back yet. Sent it last week, but she is having computer issues according to one of her last posts.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Computer issues or not... you should find a way to check in... especially if you are hosting. I am in one of her swaps too, but luckily I have not sent my stuff in yet.

I just hope she is not really ill. I hope she is just a flaker, lol.

Edited by Mooserific on 11-10-10 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

lol Moose! from what i have seen scrappingdivas was in a car accident 2 weeks ago.. and I havent heard from her.. she did not send in her stuff for my oct. envie swap. and I have sent her 2 pms so far. she may just be held up due to the accident.. but no clue..

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Yes, I'm in one of cindys swaps too but already sent my items...ugh!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Okay... unfortunatly I am going to have to remove the following members from the swap:

Yvette
cindy10
scrappingdivas

I hope they are doing well, and I don't want to be harsh... but I have to look out for my fellow swapping sisters.

For those of you that had these ladies as your pals, have you already done your shopping for them? If so, I am going to try to get you new pals with similar theme/interests. If you have still not done your shopping and wouldn't mind switching your theme to shop for, please let me know.

I will be sending out PMs and sorting this all out tomorrow. It's late and I need to go to bed.

Sorry, I know it is a bummer, but I guess it's better to find out now than after the swap.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

jci

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to bluucaca

I have bought my stuff for my pal, but if you need to move me around just let me know. I don't mind switching if needed. Or, I can take two people to mail to. I don't mind at all...just let me know anything I can do to help out!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Everything has been sorted out... thank you to everyone for being patient and understanding.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

Glad everything got sorted out. But wondering WHY in the world am I up at 3 a.m.?? Ugh! My next door neighbor passed away on Tuesday and I am just heartbroken. He was a dear friend of mine and I was tasked with tracking down his family. Luckily I was able to do so. He was estranged from them, by his own doing and they are just devestated. He was a hoarder and I have been helping them go through the house. It could very well have been on the tv show. Just awful. I have a hard time holding back the tears. I can't believe he lived like that. He was so OCD outside of the house, but inside it is a different type of OCD. Every can of food had the date he bought it, the time, and the store written in Sharpie. There were canned goods from 2000 still piled up in the kitchen. If I am away from the computer for a few days, this is why. I am helping his two brothers sort through things. They are in complete shock and totally overwhelmed. Has anyone ever been in this type of situation?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to AmyinFL

Wow Amy.. that is so sad.. I have never had that kind of situation.. what did he die from?

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

jci

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq
In response to bluucaca

Happy weekend everyone

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Happy Saturday Connie!

I'm super excited about next Saturday, my mother in law is coming to town... all the way from the UK! And I actually LOVE my MIL! It will be the first time she will meet her granddaughter... my beautiful little 8 month old, Baby Bleu.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

jci...sorry to hear Amy.

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron
In response to bluucaca

Checking in! Amy, I hope your job situation ends great! I know that is such a tough decision though! Extra money is nice, but I hear you on the "comfort of your current job"! Hope everything turns out for the better for ya!

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Oh gosh! I didn't realized there were 2 more pages of posts. Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor's passing. I have never been in a situation like that nor anyone I know. I hope everything gets sorted out.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to Valtron

jci

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to bluucaca

have no fear I am here!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

ok i hav emy pals box ready to go

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to bluucaca

Checking in. I decided to stay at my current job. I just couldn't risk not liking the new one and the drive was double what I am doing right now, and a major increase in traffic... I don't like traffic. LOL!

I spent probably 30 hours this weekend at my neighbor's house helping his family clean out. It has been a difficult time, both physically and mentally. Just draining, I guess. Anyway, after this weekend, it should be over. His brothers will be back to finish up. I still need to finish up the swap. I need to work on my handmade.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to AmyinFL

love you amy... i have been thinking about you and all the craziness you've been having lately. you are in me and my family's prayers.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

thanks for all the check ins ladies!

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan

jci! =]

Edited by EmpressTrahan on 11-16-10 03:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Hello everyone!

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq

Hello everyone. Just checkin in. Happy hump day.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

I can't believe it is November 17th already!!! WOW! Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Eeeekk! And I have jury duty next week. With it being Thanksgiving, I really don't imagine that they will have any trials I will have to sit on.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to AmyinFL

I hate jury duty.. I got out of it because of my 3year old.. thank goodness! lol

hubby has it 12/6.. hee hee.. glad its not me!

trying to think of a good handmade.. hope to be postal after thanksgiving

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

I haven't had to do jury duty yet or have been asked to. Yay! Hubby got one once but got out of it for work. Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm getting so excited to ship out my goodies! Yay!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to Valtron

I got called in for jury duty once, but got out of it too! I still have my box. Was thinking of packing more stuff in it still. This has been a fun swap!

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq

woooooooo hooooooooooooooo, its Friday people.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

jci ladies

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron
In response to bluucaca

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Turkey day is approaching!!!!

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron
In response to Valtron

Aww, Mooserific, your MIL will be in tomorrow! How exciting.

SCRAPPINGDIVAS
Veteran
SCRAPPINGDIVAS

JCi

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to Valtron

• Valtron Said:
Aww, Mooserific, your MIL will be in tomorrow! How exciting.

I know! We won't be seeing her until Sunday. Her sister is picking her up at the airport and spending the day with her. But we have her Sunday-Thursday. We haven't seen her since March 2009, so this will be the first time she meets Miss Bleu.

NCScrapper13
Veteran
NCScrapper13
In response to Valtron

Just checking...In........My sister should expect something soon.................

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron
In response to NCScrapper13

Wow! 2009?! Well that's awesome! I hope you have lots of fun with her! I bet she's anxious to meet her grandbaby! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I woke up with a migraine this morning. No fun at all.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to Valtron

Hope you feel better Val!

EmpressTrahan
Guru
EmpressTrahan
In response to AmyinFL

jci! stuff for box is ready, this is going to be hard to pack it all in! =]

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

With everything I have been through in the past few weeks, I an honestly just getting started on mine. Wish I could have it done already. But things have settled down finally and my neighbor's family has left. They were so very thankful that I found them and they could lay him to rest properly. I feel so blessed to have met them. I really feel I did the right thing. Anywway, I will do my very best to get this out on time. I will have all weekend.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to AmyinFL

Im just about ready to mail.. My goal is to be postal next monday or tuesday.. I just have to do my handmade and I am done.. I am such a procrastinator!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I keep holding mine hoping to find more items to include. I hope to mail mine Friday.

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Thank you Amy. I am glad you feel blessed to have met his family...sometimes small wonders are everywhere, including within a sad story.
Shelly Anne, I SO know what you mean!! I am so excited to send my box out!!!
I hope everyone is doing fantastic!! But eh, it's Monday. :P

NCScrapper13
Veteran
NCScrapper13
In response to Valtron

I got a secret card yesterday.......HMMMMMM...What a hoot indeed....Thank you

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq

A;most Turkey day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and for those that are going to travel, Please be safe. Oh and ya'll don't eat too much

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much lately. Been having a wonderful time with my MIL.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Glad you are enjoying your time with your mil!! Happy thinaksgiving to everyone!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a great time with friends & family!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to Valtron

Happy Thanksgiving!!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to Valtron

Congrats to everyone checking in this week without me having to PM anyone, Woohoo! You ladies have made this a fun and great swap for my first time hosting... thank you all!

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Thank you so much for hosting!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I had a blast yesterday with my family!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to Valtron

Yes, thanks for hosting! I ate way too much turkey yesterday and of course left overs today! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

My little lady started crawling yesterday... just in time for grandma to see before she had to leave.

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

Oh that is too cute!!!! How exciting that grandma got to see too!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Valtron

Sitting here and listining Christmas music.. still eating turkey leftovers.. LOL

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I'm having leftovers as well...yum!!

WOW!! That's awesome she started crawling while grandma was there!!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

I can't handle the leftovers anymore. My hubby is OK with them, but I am done! LOL! I can eat some cake and sweet potatoes, but other than that, no more for me please.

Glad that grandma got to see the baby crawl! How exciting!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to Valtron

jjic

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to bluucaca

going postal today

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

DC# 0310 2010 0001 7605 2617 for my pal.. is it for you? u? or maybe even you?

ha ha ha ha ha

I will explain the handemade when you get it...

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

I will go postal tomorrow or Friday. I went with a different box, that is bigger. I have it crammed full of goodies for my pal. I admit, my handmade is lacking, but I have had so much going on with my neighbor's death and helping his family take care of things, my boys dad (my ex husband) leaves on deployment tomorrow, and I have been sick. So I apologize in advance. I threw in extra stuff to make up for it. I hope she enjoys her package.

NCScrapper13
Veteran
NCScrapper13
In response to AmyinFL

I am sendingto my secret sister tomorrow as well I also had to go with a bigger box...Hope you enjoy...

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq

JCI.Wishing everyone a happy hump day, only two more days til the weekend.

Valtron
Veteran
Valtron

I am getting way too excited! Going postal tomorrow. YAY!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to Valtron

Glad to see people are starting to send packages to their new homes... everyone else, don't forget - Saturday is the last day to send out or you will be considered late!!! I will banish you from my swaps and you will be sent to roam the desert alone... no, but your pal will be so bummed.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I'm mailing mine out today!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

getting excited the days are getting closer

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• Mooserific Said:
Glad to see people are starting to send packages to their new homes... everyone else, don't forget - Saturday is the last day to send out or you will be considered late!!! I will banish you from my swaps and you will be sent to roam the desert alone... no, but your pal will be so bummed.

havent heard from my pal in about 3 weeks.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I'm officially poastal!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

I am postal. Stopped on my way home from work and mailed out a package to someplace north of me... where could it be?? Considering I am in Florida, it could be ANYWHERE!

ScrapAngel - I have never actually heard directly from my pal, but I think Moose has been keeping track of everyone checking in. Had your pal been contacting you off list?

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to AmyinFL

same here wondering about my partner last time she checked in was almost 2wks ago

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics