Page 84 of 84 
Username Post: ***The Scrappin Derelicts COF*** Closed and Active        (Topic#1545745)
siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Brenscraps

Tracy, I am so sad for her and for you. I know that you love her. She sounds like such a great, spirited woman that you have been blessed to know (and I am certain you have been a blessing in her life, as well). I hope she gets the chance to meet her newest grandchild. (hugs)

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to siameseplease

3 more sleeps and I will get to see all my family! Leaving Friday night after work. I probably won't be checking I. Until the first part of September! Can't wait! You should see some updates and pics on FB though. Hope you are all doing well and not overwhelmed at work or with life.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hey, Bren. So excited for you!!! Sounds like an amazing trip. Enjoy yourself.

Things are going well here. I start a new class for work on September 3rd (blah, not thrilled but it will be good, I am sure). I'm still dating. Haven't found Mr. Right yet, but I'm having fun looking.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Have fun Bren!

Gina, glad you are having fun meeting people and dating. Any good guys lately?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Armida's third grand baby was born two days ago. She is baby Kate. She has not been able to see her besides pics though because she is still very bad off in the hospital. She is refusing a feeding tube so my fear is that she is just going to die of starvation. She has not eaten in over a month. Her sister says she is just out of it with the super strong pain meds they are injecting every three hours. I think it is just a matter of time now and it sucks. SUCKS!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

What are you up to this weekend, Gina?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Frankenstein Day By Tracy S.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Cute card, Tracy! I am so sorry about Armida. I can't even imagine how hard it is to watch this process. I remember what it was like with my dad, but he passed before it ever got to the point of feeding tubes (or refusing them) and being so out of it. Can someone video the baby for her, so she can at least hear her and see her move?

I just went on a very promising first date tonight. I really like this guy, and hope I am not jinxing myself by saying so. He somehow manages to be sweet and courteous while having a bit of a naughty, flirty side. He's 42 (43 in a couple of months), divorced, no kids. Very funny and kind of quirky, which I like. He makes me grin like a fool. I like him. A lot.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

awe that is cool. I hope this one sticks then. If he makes you grin like a fool then he may be worth keeping around for a bit

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Gina, have you created lately? I was looking at your stuff and didn't see anything super recent. That is unusual for you. Must be all that dating..lol Get it girl!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, I went to a crop a couple of weekends ago and made one card, but started two more. I just haven't felt like creating lately. Even tonight, when I have free time because my cousin had to cancel our plans, I don't feel like working on anything. The mojo will come back but I'm not forcing it.

As far as dating, I'm still dating the guy who makes me grin like a fool. His name is Jamie. We talk via text every day. We're going to dinner and a movie on Saturday. I was going to suggest an all day thing but his knee got messed up. He's going to see his doc tomorrow, but in the mean time, we don't want to make him walk too much or be on his feet too much. Hopefully, his doc can figure out what's wrong and fix him up.

I've been sending positive vibes for Armida!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

What are you all planning to see?

Thanks for the positive vibes

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hey ladies, I am home. I had a super fun time with my family. I miss them like crazy! I will be posting pics on FB. Gina, I hope this guy works out. Tracy, praying for Armida. Such a hard thing to go through.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, I'm glad you had a great time with your family. The only down side to those events is that it makes you realize just how much you miss them!

Tracy, we went to see "We're the Millers". Very crude humor along the lines of "There's Something About Mary", which I love. We laughed the whole way through. It was hysterical. Then we went to dinner at The Green Turtle. We had a blast.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Tracy, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs my friend!

My Kiah is starting Kindergarten today. Hard to believe, isn't it?!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

And Gina, so glad to hear your happiness again!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hey, ladies.

Tracy, I am so sad for you about Armida. I want to come give you a big hug and take care of your shopping and cleaning and whatever else so you can just focus on the grieving process. Wish you lived closer!

Bren, thanks. I am happy right now. I'm having a blast. I can't believe Kiah is that old already!!! What in the holy heck?!? Where did the time go?!?

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

It's Friday! Happy dance time!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

YAY! Unfortunately, I have to watch lectures all day on Sunday, but at least I have tomorrow to hang out with Jamie.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Gina, hope you had a good day today with Jamie. Sorry you have to work tomorrow!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hi, Bren. We had fun, thanks.

The lectures are actually turning out to be interesting. Unfortunately, after watching several hours of them, I need to stop. My eyes, ears and brain are beat. I'm going to do some laundry and chill for a bit. I have about one hour of lecture left to watch before a live talk session tomorrow night at 7. Guess I'll be doing that right after work tomorrow.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hey ladies, hope you are well. I am doing good here in Oregon! Having a heat wave.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Wow, it's been a while since I checked in. Sorry about that.

Bren, has the heat wave abated? The temps are really cooling down here. It's definitely fall and I am loving that. I love fall, although I am not fond of the season after it!

Tracy, how are things going?

Here's what's happening on my end:
- please pray and send positive vibes for my gram. She's having a pacemaker placed next week. I'm nervous. She isn't. She's fiesty.
- I took my first quiz for this course. We'll see how it goes. The class is getting harder now. 6 or so weeks to go!
- Jamie and I are still together. One month since our first date, as of this coming Monday. We had a glitch last weekend but worked through it. I like him. A lot.
- My cousin is getting married on Friday!!!
- Squid and Kerry sold their house. They're living with her parents until they find something that suits them. My poor MIL is so upset. She misses having her son just down the street.

I guess that's about it. Oh, wait. I lost another trainer at the gym. I was so fed up and pretty much feel like I learned enough, so I bought out of my training contract. I still have a membership at the gym, although I don't go as often now that I am busy with school and such. I plan to get back into it once this class is over.

Hope you ladies are doing well. Catch me up!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Hey Gina and Bren!
We need to drag the other ladies kicking and screaming back in here..lol Especially Dale since she is creating again.

Gina sounds like things are going well with Jamie. Are you all dating exclusively now or are you both still dating others as well?

I would imagine living down the street from your MIl could be a little bit of a struggle for a newly married couple. I hope they find a perfect house that they both love.

Man 6 weeks seems like so long I am sure but it is getting closer to the holidays and you know how fast that time always flies! lol. I hope you pass your quiz.

Bren- how are things on your end? My small group leaders and friends that moved to Oregon seem to be loving it. I am glad. She actually seems sick a lot less often. I wonder if the heat here was causing inflammation for her.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Let's see.. about me...

Armida's memorial went well. It was very casual.. VERY and so Armida. It was led by her brother and family. People wore jeans and concert shirts mostly and just told stories about her and they played music from her playlist. When they turned up an Alice and Chains song I lost it. They will forever make me think of her. It was her favorite band. I miss her so very much, but I know she is no longer in pain and I will see her again on the flip side. Those two things are giving me great peace about it. I know I will have moments when the grief will hit me.. it will be the small day to day things I am sure. Like when I visit our favorite spots.. but maybe not. We went to Jimmy Changas after the service because it reminded me of her. It was the last place we recently went to eat together after one of her chemo treatments and it did not make me sad.. The memory and the fact that I had that time with her made me smile. When they gave her 6 months to live and she lived almost 5.. I very much feel like God was giving us all a gift of extra time with her, and for that I am forever grateful.

On another note- babies are being born all around in the family as I am sure you are seeing on FB I am so excited for holidays and baby snuggling time. Kids are so much fun!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Oh and Sherlock is healing up nicely. I am SOOOOO glad that it was nothing life threatening. I was freaking out! He is so much a part of my life now. I love that little guy and we have such a special and cool bond. he is for sure bonded to me the most and it is very obvious..lol he is a quirky little guy.. Just like I like it.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

okay I feel like I am babbling now..lol

Oh Big Brother finale is on tonight and the premiere of Survivor. A former BB winner is on Survivor this year so I am gonna watch until it bores me. lol

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hi ladies. Glad to see you both check in. The heat wave is over. One of my friends is having an outdoor wedding Saturday and it is looking like rain. Ugh!

Glad to hear you and Jaime could get past the hiccup Gina. I am starting classes the 30th. Really uncertain about starting school but I need to do it!

Tracy, good to hear you are doing well. It is so hard to lose someone close to cancer.

Gina, will def say a prayer for your Grams. I am glad for Squid and wife to have sold your house. I agree, couldn't be too easy living down the street from your in-laws!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Happy Saturday ladies. Why is it hard to get out of bed during the week and yet you wake up at 5AM on a Saturday and can't get back to sleep? Really not happy to be awake!
Today has been a long week. Gene has been sick for a while, he had a Dr appt on Tues, she took one look at him and sent him to the ER. After 6 hours and very test imaginable they sent him home to collect stool samples. Found out Thursday that he has a Parasite! Gross! Not sure where he got it! He's on some meds, hopefully will feel better soon. Could have come from a number of places. But no way of knowing for sure.
Going to a wedding today. Was supposed to be an outside wedding, but of course it is our first good rain and it will be in a barn. Sounds fun!
Hope you are doing well!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Oh wow Bren. That is crazy! is he feeling better now? That sounds scary. I hope you have fun at the wedding.

I am about to create I think. I have a card to make for the crazy holiday swap for this month.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Hey, girls. Just a quick CI because I have a killer headache.

Bren, how freaky and scary! Like you said, it could have come from any number of places. Gross. Poor guy. Did you then have to do a huge bleach down of the house, or was that not necessary? Have fun at the wedding! My cousin's son got married on Friday. It was so sweet. They're so silly together and in love; it's awesome to watch.

Tracy, I am watching Hayden on Survivor and hoping he goes far. Is it bad that I am already ready for Rupert to go? I don't remember some of the returning castmates, even from seasons I watched. They look so different all cleaned up and fed! LOL. I am glad you have some peace in regards to Armida's passing. And I'm glad that little Sherlock is okay, too! Have fun snuggling babies!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hi ladies. Hope your week went well. I wish my life away Mon- Fri every week. I hate that!

Gene is feeling so much better, he said he feels younger and has more energy. Not sure how long he had that parasite!

Gina, how is it going with this new guy?

Tracy, how is Heather doing this year in school?

Miss you ladies!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

hey ladies! I know we have all been so busy with life. I wanted to stop in and say heyyyy! I hope you all are doing well.

* hugs*

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Wow Bren! That is crazy, huh? I am glad to hear he is doing better.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Hey, ladies.

Bren, I am so glad that Gene is feeling better. Poor guy. I can't imagine what that thing did to his body. Yuck.

Things are still going well with Jamie. We're going to a comedy club to see Richard Lewis on Saturday and then he's in a pool tournament on Sunday; I am going to be his personal cheerleader. LOL. We don't see each other much during the week, due to our work schedules as well as my class. It ends in a few weeks, though.

I'm going out to see Sara for two days, on October 13-14th. I am excited.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hey, ladies. So, how is everyone? Things are now over with Jamie. I'm okay about it. It was my choice. Super nice guy. Funny. Fun to hang with. However, no click or spark. I ended it because I need the click/spark. I was waiting for it to develop and it didn't. Some other stuff made me realize it was the thing to do, as well, so I told him today. I am going to wait until this stats class is over to reinstate my profile on Match, though.

My gram is home from the hospital and doing much better. Still in some pain, but not so much that she couldn't go to bingo this weekend. LOL. She's a trip.

I hope you girls are doing well!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Well darn it Gina. I was hoping! Hard to connect when you are so busy. Also, you need the spark! Just saying! There is someone out there for you! Hugs!

I am good. Just busy. Struggling with food choices.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, struggling with food choices, how? Like you want to eat everything you're not supposed to have? That's my struggle. LOL. And no worries. I am actually enjoying this dating thing. I'm having fun. I'm not necessarily looking for long-term right now, I'm just enjoying the process.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Yes, struggling because cookies taste better than carrots! LOL! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Wow it has been forever since any of us have checked in. I was semi relieved to see I wasn't the only one..lol

How are you two ladies up to?

I hope well.
I have lots going on starting now basically..lol I know it gets crazy during the holidays for you all as well. I have a volunteer appreciation party this Thursday night. The donor one was last Sat. Then soon it will be Thanksgiving. I have stupid Jury duty Dec.02nd. UGH!!!! X a million.
then it will be full on Christmas time mode.

Oh and next Monday is my 9 year wedding anniversary as well. John has to work so we will do something on the weekend.
We just have not figured out what exactly we are doing just yet.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hey Tracy, sounds like you are super busy. Me too! But still I am doing well. I just spent the weekend at the coast for Ladies Retreat. It was fun. Stormy weather, but such good fellowship.
Happy Anniversary, I hope you guys get some alone time to celebrate!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

AKKK none of us have been here since the beginning of last month and there was only one post to read. Man times have changed..lol
I hope you two had a great Thanksgiving. I miss you all and our daily chats

I wish we could all get in the flow of it again.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

don't know if any of you are looking for any stamps on your Santa list but I came across this on a blog that I follow.
http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1979148581 &grou...

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hey Tracy, I come most days to see if you girls have posted. I miss our chats! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. We did!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Are you all snowed in? We are having a huge winter storm. Glad to be home from work.

Page 84 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics