Page 2 of 84 
Username Post: ***The Scrappin Derelicts COF*** Closed and Active        (Topic#1545745)
siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Brenscraps

Good morning, ladies. My cousin called and had to push HP day back to a noonish start time. That works okay; it means I got to laze about for a bit. And since my house is relatively clean, I can spend the morning crafting with no guilt!

Danni, that is sad about the kitty. I am glad you were able to get him to the vet to be put to sleep humanely, rather than suffering any longer. Poor baby. And I drove to the cemetary, goofball. The courthouse is only about a half hour away. Usually, when I drive to the cemetary to visit Rick's grave, I drive like a bat out of h3ll, so I get there in 3 to 3.5 hours. This time, I did the speed limit because there were cops everywhere and I didn't want a ticket. That made it take about four hours each way. I prob would have spent the night in town if I wasn't having people over today for the HP marathon.

Bren, it's so good to see you creating so much lately, girl. I love it! Did you get a good night's sleep?

Dale, are there any cupcakes left? LOL. I bought brownies for today and already broke into them. LMBO

***PROJECT RUNWAY SPOILERS BELOW******
Tracy, I was SO disappointed. I actually really liked the first collection that got eliminated (Andy's). I loved the loose, flowy tops and would have loved to have a couple of them. Of course, I'd have to wear them with camisoles since they were so see through! But I thought that they were gorgeous and I loved the pops of green here and there, too. I have not liked Gretchen's clothes all season. In fact, it prob safe to say that I want to vomit when I look at them. I think they look hideous. I don't mind the boho chic look...I think her look wasn't anywhere near chic. The only thing I thought looked pretty cool was the open backs. Everything else was like "blah" to me. I def think Mondo should have won. I love Mondo. His clothes are crazy and not my style at all, but they're creative, well designed and crafted, and unique. I could see Terri's Annie grabbing a piece or two from his collection and throwing it together with some somber colors, too.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to siameseplease

Hey Gina, glad you got a little time this morning for yourself!
So I missed the Project runway finale, but caught the last 5 minutes. I missed getting to see the actual clothing, but saw Gretchen win. I actually thought she should have gone home a long time ago!!! Oh well. I hope to catch a rerun, but now that I know the ending, don't know if I will watch!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Sorry to spoil it for you, Bren. You should at least watch the runway show part. There's nothing like seeing the designs go down the runway, because you can really watch how they flow and all on the models.

I finally finished a new card for G's DT. I'm off to post it, then get some lunch.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Here she is! Now I'm off to eat some lunch. I'm hungry, despite eating a brownie this morning. That was a nutritious breakfast, LOL.
Thanks so much By Siameseplease

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Good morning, ladies. My cousin called and had to push HP day back to a noonish start time. That works okay; it means I got to laze about for a bit. And since my house is relatively clean, I can spend the morning crafting with no guilt!

Danni, that is sad about the kitty. I am glad you were able to get him to the vet to be put to sleep humanely, rather than suffering any longer. Poor baby. And I drove to the cemetary, goofball. The courthouse is only about a half hour away. Usually, when I drive to the cemetary to visit Rick's grave, I drive like a bat out of h3ll, so I get there in 3 to 3.5 hours. This time, I did the speed limit because there were cops everywhere and I didn't want a ticket. That made it take about four hours each way. I prob would have spent the night in town if I wasn't having people over today for the HP marathon.

Bren, it's so good to see you creating so much lately, girl. I love it! Did you get a good night's sleep?

Dale, are there any cupcakes left? LOL. I bought brownies for today and already broke into them. LMBO

***PROJECT RUNWAY SPOILERS BELOW******
Tracy, I was SO disappointed. I actually really liked the first collection that got eliminated (Andy's). I loved the loose, flowy tops and would have loved to have a couple of them. Of course, I'd have to wear them with camisoles since they were so see through! But I thought that they were gorgeous and I loved the pops of green here and there, too. I have not liked Gretchen's clothes all season. In fact, it prob safe to say that I want to vomit when I look at them. I think they look hideous. I don't mind the boho chic look...I think her look wasn't anywhere near chic. The only thing I thought looked pretty cool was the open backs. Everything else was like "blah" to me. I def think Mondo should have won. I love Mondo. His clothes are crazy and not my style at all, but they're creative, well designed and crafted, and unique. I could see Terri's Annie grabbing a piece or two from his collection and throwing it together with some somber colors, too.

Ok I was gonna tell you what I thought but you said exactly what I was gonna say basically besides the fact that along with Gretchen's style and designs.. I hated her personality too..lol
I wanted Mondo to win also but as far as what I would wear... Andy's stuff was so pretty.
my fav won last year... this year my least fav besides Ivy won ;(

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Morning Bren! That stinks you did not get to sleep in girl.. You need some sleep in time, for sure.

I agree with Gina- It is so great to see you creating again. You have been on a roll!

Now we all need to send mojo Dale's way, it's been awhile since we have seen work from her. I miss it.

Bren I agree you need to watch the runway show

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

LMBO! You all have to see this digi and what this chick did with it... Cracks me right up
http://www.justinklined.com/2010/10/miss-december -2010....

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Dale or Bren are you all gonna see your little tricker treatin grandbabies? If so take pics.. I wanna see them. I bet they are darlin

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

LMBO Dale you need to use this sentiment for that chick at your work....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1812593 ...

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, we are going to have a little halloween party with all the kids tomorrow. I need to get to cleaning and baking. But I needed to get this card done!! This is for my parents 50th anniversary, plus I entered it into this challenge:http://justmagn olia.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-79-dawny s-sketch.html
A great challenge because it uses a sketch.
50 years By Brenscraps

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
LMBO! You all have to see this digi and what this chick did with it... Cracks me right up

LOL, great image!!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

I just realized she was free...if you look under that pic I posted it says click here to buy.. when you do it says she is 0 dollars and you add to your cart and check out and when you do it is automatic download

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

somebody asked me about what stamp sets I am getting for the DT position, I think it was Bren...

here they are:

Celebration Cooper
You take the cake
Cherry Sweet
Bree

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
somebody asked me about what stamp sets I am getting for the DT position, I think it was Bren...

here they are:

Celebration Cooper
You take the cake
Cherry Sweet
Bree

Love them, can't wait to see what you do with them!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:

THAT is flippin' hysterical. I bought a couple of the Stella images a few days ago. I got one specifically because it made me think of my BIL. It has Stella, then says, "Santa called. You ain't gettin' @#%& this year." LMBO

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
LMBO Dale you need to use this sentiment for that chick at your work....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1812593 ...

These are crackin' me up!!! Tracy, thanks for linking them. Too bad it's so late in the season, I'd make that card just to send to a few people I know. LOL

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, I also didn't like Ivy, but mainly because she was a beeyotch. I wasn't nearly as impressed with that many designers this year, except a few (like Mondo, and he took a while to showcase himself, IMO).

Bren, great card! Have fun with the Halloween party. Guess what? I got the package from you today. Girl, you didn't have to put in those extras, but thank you so much!!!! I will show the other girls the images you sent tomorrow, k? My cousin was here when I opened it and she said I am spoiled.

Well, we only got through three of the movies. That's okay. It was still a nice, relaxing day. They just left and I am tired, which is surprising since we just sat on our butts all day!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
I just realized she was free...if you look under that pic I posted it says click here to buy.. when you do it says she is 0 dollars and you add to your cart and check out and when you do it is automatic download

Did you already download her? If so, can you send her that way, since she is a freebie? I tried to do it and you have to register. I am getting so much junk mail already from all of these sites where I've had to register and I'm trying to avoid doing any additional ones. If anyone else is going to sign up for her, I'd appreciate it if you'd send her. If you don't want to register, either, I understand that!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

I will send her to you Gina. I couldn't register correctly anyways as they asked what state you live in, but didn't give any US state options, so I just picked one!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

I am going to go try to sew some bean bags for a bean bag throw with the kiddo's tomorrow. I just made lemon sugar cookies with lemon buttercream frosting. yummo!!! But they are shaped like pumpkins!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, those cookies sound fab! Thanks in advance for the image.

Hey, ladies, check your emails late tonight or tomorrow morning.

You know, we didn't even eat 1/4 of the snacks. We decided we were in the mood for Chinese and ate a ton of that. Then we snacked for a bit, I sent some home with my mom to give to my bro, and I'm stuck with a ton more. Oh, well. A lot of them aren't even opened, so they'll keep.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I forgot to tell you girls. Michelle's sbing and more is having a sale on House Mouse...50% off. She doesn't have a ton, but she's got a few really cute ones. I'm being good and refraining from ordering. It's hard, but I haven't even colored in my new Greeting Farm images and other images yet.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Ok, well, goodnight! I hope to spend all day tomorrow making cards. I need to hang stuff on the walls in my living room, but I doubt I'll feel like it. That seems like a job for a time when my scrappin' mojo has deserted me. We all know that will happen again before long! LOL

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Romans 12:12 By Tracy S.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Hey girls look what I did to hubby... let me go upload the pic. LOL

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

LOL By Tracy S.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Bren.. mmmm those cookies sound yummy!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Night Gina!! I am heading there myself we have an early morning and a long day tomorrow..

We are starting the morning off with Ballunar fest in the morning.

I will get pics of Heather dressed up too.

LUG

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 10-30-10 07:26 PM
In response to Tracy S.

hey girls....checking in on a borroed computer. I did skim the posts really quick. We are at DH's son's house spending the night. Will be back tomorrow evening. I didn't want y'all to think I fell off the face of the earth LOL

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
hey girls....checking in on a borroed computer. I did skim the posts really quick. We are at DH's son's house spending the night. Will be back tomorrow evening. I didn't want y'all to think I fell off the face of the earth LOL

Glad you were able to check in.. I was getting worried about you..lol You know us worry wart momma bears too well don't you Dale..lol Have fun!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Tracy S.

Morning!!!!!!
Gina glad you had a good day yesterday,dh said this new movie is coming out in 2 parts? Thanks for the email!
Tracy lol @ John. Wonder what they'll say about it at church-what a goof! Thanks for your email too:)
Dale have fun w/visiting w/fam. I bet you're not looking forward to tomorrow,it's always hard to go back to work after a long weekend.
Bren I take it you like lemon Your a good gramma! Will cu on love tomorrow or this evening.
G & Terri HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
This weekend has been super busy. Yesterday was the luncheon,thenmy friend from VA came up so we went trick or treating w/her for a bit,then we went to a client's house so the boys could see their puggles dressed up,super cute. Was a fun night,then we came home & I watched Ghost adventures on the travel channel. Love that show.
Today Seth ahs a bday party at the skating rink from 1-4 so dh & I are going to go do some Christmas shopping while he's there.
I'm stoked to catch wind that verizon will be carrying the iphone next yr,I'll be due for an upgrade & have been holding off on a smart phone b/c I didn't want to pay the data plan,but an iphone would be PERFECT for me! Can have all my music & apps. I'm so excited,can't wait,my upgrade isn't til May though,it's actually Kody's but I gave him mine a few months ago.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday,if I'm not around tonight I def will be tomorrow. I"m itchin to make some cards!
LUG's

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Danielle S

morning ladies. I won't be around today, having a little Halloween Party with the kids and grandbabies. We are going to attempt pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw and baked beans. mmmmmm.
Everyone sounds like you have fun days planned. Enjoy.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Do you guys have Bi-Marts in your areas? I went to Bi-Mart on Friday and they had an ott lamp for 18.88. I bought one for my desk and what a difference in my pictures for my cards. The colors are actually coming out as is!!! Love it!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, we don't have Bi-Mart here, but I have three Ott lites. I love them, too. I have a tiny one that I keep in my living room, next to my couch. I pull it out when I want to color images down there. I have the flip top desk kind. I got it on sale at J's for $20 several years ago. I haven't seen this particular one that cheap in a long time. Then I have a floor lamp one that I got for Christmas to go in my scrap room, too. I haven't even opened it yet, because I'm afraid it will get broken. I'm saving it, also, as a reward to myself when I get this darned room reorganized and set up! Anyway, Tuesday Morning occasionally gets Ott lites in stock and J's will often sell them for 50% off. I got my floor lamp one in a black Friday sale and my mom paid for it. I think it was marked $180 and we got it for something like $70.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, great card! I am LMBO at John's pic, although I admit that he can carry off a mohawk very well. Have fun today!

Dale, enjoy your visit with family.

Danni, you're welcome for the email. Have fun Christmas shopping. I haven't even started yet. As for your phone upgrade, someone told me that you are eligible earlier than they say. If you go to the store and tell them that you want an iPhone, they might upgrade you as early as February. My friend got his upgrade three months early. It's worth a shot, anyway! Ask for Verizon gift cards for Christmas so you don't even have to pay anything out of pocket at all, because I am sure an iPhone is not a totally free upgrade.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

BTW, I got my upgrade early, too. I wasn't supposed to be able to get it til Dec 18 and I got at the end of September. I just went in the store and told them that I was interested in upgrading. They checked the system and said I was eligible in December but since I was there already, they'd give it to me. Again, give it a shot, girl! I think that you can get it as early as Jan or Feb.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Well, here's the first and only card I've made so far today:
WoJ and Mojo Monday 162 By Siameseplease

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Woo-hoo! I got another card done. This one is for the Just Magnolia challenge. I am loving sketches because my design mojo has taken a break today.
Merry Christmas By Siameseplease

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

OK posted some pics on FB and on CDAC..

Gotta run.. BBL

LUG

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Tracy S.

Gina that is good to know,I'll give it a try in Jan when they are "supposed" to be offering them. And I am already planning on having to pay some out of pocket for it,they aren't cheap. Could be my bday gift
Kody got some bad news today while we were out shopping,his good buddy was killed today on a 4wheeler,there's another boy that was w/him that is in serious condition,is all we know. But the one who was killed was a good friend of Kody's for years. Sooooo sad when a young person dies w/their whole life ahead of them. I'm hoping dh can get off of work to take Kody to the funeral & viewing b/c I'm not sure I could keep it together,which to me would just make it worse. He's still in shock but I told him to just take some time this evening to grieve b/c he hasn't yet. I tried to keep my lecturing to a minimum this afternoon but I did tell him how lucky he was last year when he only got a concussion from the accident,they aren't toys. His friend was a nice boy & I feel awful for his mother,just awful. Anyway,I'm alone-finally-in my scrap room so I think I'll try to create. I have 2 cards to make for clients so gonna play to keep my mind occupied.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Danni, girl, I am over here tearing up. It is so heartbreaking when someone so young dies. Then to know that it was preventable...geez. I don't know how parents cope with these things, I really don't. Poor Kody, too. for everyone...it just sucks. I hope Shane can take him to the funeral; I think that if he wants to go, it's important that he get there. If he doesn't want to go, I wouldn't force him. We all grieve in our own ways.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oh, and I know it will be hard, but have patience with Kody if he lashes out. When I worked with teens, that happened a lot after bad events in their lives, especially the boys. They don't know how to cope with the emotions and they don't want to appear like sissies. Sometimes, rather than withdrawing or crying, they lash out at their parents and siblings, because those are the people that they know are safe and will love them unconditionally. Poor kid.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Gina I'm pretty sure he'll go,he hasn't said otherwise. He was being withdrawn at dinner but the weird thing was afterwards he helped clear the table & helped with dishes. SOmething he never would have done on his own,w/o being asked. He's not a lashing out type of guy,but thanks for giving me the heads up,in case he does I'm prepared now. I think the reality is finally sinking in for him,this afternoon he just said that it didn't seem real.
Did I tell you girls about Kody being asked to go to a peer leadership weekend? It's quite a priviledge & we're very proud of him. Parents are supposed to meet Thurs. evening,I just have a feeling this week is going be be crazy!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Oh & Gina,if dh can't get off to take Kody I of course would take off work to take him. I just know I would have a hard time keeping it together & that would probably make it harder on Kody. So let's keep our fingers crossed that dh can take him. I think it would be a good father/son time anyway. Not to make happy memories or anything but u kwim.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Danni, I knew that you'd take him if need be, I just meant that I hope that Shane can since you would have such a rough time. Poor Kody. You know the other thing that's bad is that teenagers seem to feel everything so deeply, too. I don't know how to explain it....it's like when things like breakups happen, they feel like their world is at its end. So, if they have such a hard time dealing with that kind of stuff, I just imagine how hard it must be to deal with something like the death of a friend.

As for peer leadership weekend...that is awesome. What an honor!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Oh yeah Gina,I never thought about that-teens taking everything so litereal. Like I've seen where teens kill themselves over stupid(to me,anyway) things. They don't look beyond their problem.
Have u heard of the peer leadership thing? I never did,until just last week.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Tracy look,someone lifted you
Birthday card By Suescraftstuff

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Danni, I just figured the peer leadership thing was a forum where they asked teens to take other teens under their wing and help them along. Isn't that what it is? Anyway, about the suicide thing, our hospital mainly deals with adults, but on occasion, our psych unit will get a teenager. They had this one that I had to test for cognitive issues after he attempted to hang himself. Long story short, he hung for a bit with restricted airflow and had some brain damage. Anyway, the kid did it because his GF broke up with him. He told me that in retrospect, he was so glad it didn't work. The hope was that his brain damage was reversible. So sad!

That is cool that Tracy got lifted. I am working on my fourth card for the day (I have not uploaded the third yet. It's a simple one). Unfortunately, it's not coming together. It needs something and I can't figure out what! I might just have to toss on some buttons. They help anything.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Ok, I posted three more cards in the gallery. I need the derelicts' help on this one, though. I feel like it needs something, probably on the top part of the card? HELP!
A Warm Hello By Siameseplease

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Gina I think it's great as is,if you'd want to add anything maube just 2 brads or something small on the top left corner. The pp is busy enough. Love how you used ga on the hot coco.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

btw-maybe I'm not much help b/c I've just been sitting here off & on for 2 hours trying to figure out what to do for this one card. It's for a Friday ladies dd's bday. She wants it to be nice,the woman is prolly in her 50's,just lost her dh unexpectedly & is now raising her paraplegic son on her own. No pressure,right? UGGGGG Maybe I'll just put it away & something will come to me later.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

I'll let you know more about the leadership weekend when I find out. I do know that a teacher has to nominate you,then the other teachers have to approve them. Gonna go cu on gallery love,maybe that'll inspire me.
Btw-where's G been?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Danielle S Said:
Gina that is good to know,I'll give it a try in Jan when they are "supposed" to be offering them. And I am already planning on having to pay some out of pocket for it,they aren't cheap. Could be my bday gift
Kody got some bad news today while we were out shopping,his good buddy was killed today on a 4wheeler,there's another boy that was w/him that is in serious condition,is all we know. But the one who was killed was a good friend of Kody's for years. Sooooo sad when a young person dies w/their whole life ahead of them. I'm hoping dh can get off of work to take Kody to the funeral & viewing b/c I'm not sure I could keep it together,which to me would just make it worse. He's still in shock but I told him to just take some time this evening to grieve b/c he hasn't yet. I tried to keep my lecturing to a minimum this afternoon but I did tell him how lucky he was last year when he only got a concussion from the accident,they aren't toys. His friend was a nice boy & I feel awful for his mother,just awful. Anyway,I'm alone-finally-in my scrap room so I think I'll try to create. I have 2 cards to make for clients so gonna play to keep my mind occupied.

Oh man Danni that is awful.. Poor Kody.. I know from experience how hard it is to deal with a death of a friend as a teen. I will be praying for him and the family.. I do not even want to imagine loosing a child like that. Kody is so blessed for sure that all he got was a concussion. I hope he realizes that.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Tracy S.

Thanks Trace!!!!!
Btw-what are yo dressed up as in your avi? I didn't go co your fb yet,might not get a chance tonight,I seriously need to finish leaving love & do something crafty,even if it's coloring.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Danielle S Said:
I'll let you know more about the leadership weekend when I find out. I do know that a teacher has to nominate you,then the other teachers have to approve them. Gonna go cu on gallery love,maybe that'll inspire me.
Btw-where's G been?

I know she had sinusitis and she was dealing with Sundae chewing things up yesterday.. She chewed Jeremy's laptop cord

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Danni I am so proud of Kody.. was a great kid.. I also think it is awesome he is teaching younger kids French. Can't wait to hear more about this leadership thing.

Oh and was this kid from his school? If so they will probably offer grief counseling for him. That might be very helpful.. I lost two friends to suicide as a young teen and one in a motorcycle accident and I had no one to talk to about it besides my best friend.. It is VERY hard to go through as a teen.. You all are right on the money.. when something like that happens as a teen.. it is your whole world and all you can focus on.. it is hard to see past it for some reason. I was gonna suggest being patient with Kody as well. I know when I was hurting then.. I lashed out some... and withdrew some.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Danielle S Said:
Thanks Trace!!!!!
Btw-what are yo dressed up as in your avi? I didn't go co your fb yet,might not get a chance tonight,I seriously need to finish leaving love & do something crafty,even if it's coloring.

I just put my hair in pigtails and teased then out and have gold glitter all around my eyes and dark lipstick on.. We went as a "punk rock" family..lol I was not very punked out but it was fun. I had to do john's hair.. then get Heather's hair and makeup and it left me with about 10 minutes pr less to get dressed and ready.. oh the life of a wife and mom I guess..lol

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Ok Danni I uploaded three pics so you can see what we looked like..lol

Oh and and about my paper.. I thought I showed you all here but I guess I just showed them over at CDAC... I was in a make your own Background paper swap.. and I showed her the papers I made..

I think she thought I made the paper on the Gabby card because of that and the fact I used a buttload of crackle paint
lol

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 10-31-10 05:32 PM
In response to Tracy S.

Hey girls....back home and already dreading Monday. Nothing new,huh? LOL

Danni...So sorry to hear the awful news about Kody's friend. Will be praying for Kody as he works through this difficult time. On a happier note it's also good to hear the good news about being a peer.

Tracy...funky haircut you gave John. LOL

Gina...I figured you'd have plenty of snacks left. All we did this weekend was eat!!

Bren...how did the party go?

Terri and G...

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

Gina if I were to add anything to that card you were talking about I would suggest maybe a big ghost snowflake and maybe a few small white punches ones or something like that. I think it's cute though like it is

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Hey Hey Daleo- welcome back home!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hey ladies. Danni, I am so sad for Kody. All three of my kids have lost friends in high school and middle and elementary. It is really hard to go through. Katie's friend was held back to middle school and the first day of when she should have been in high school was hit by a car. If she hadn't been held back she would not have been killed. That was a hard one!

Anyways, please say a prayer for my family. My Aunt Barb that was just diagnosed with cancer on the 8th of this month, on Friday was sent home from the hospital and given 72 hours. If she makes it through the night, I am going to drive to Roseburg tomorrow. It is about 3- 3 1/2 hour drive.

I am jumping up and down to hand out candy, so just catching up and posting is taking forever.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Danni here is a link to the hand made papers.. I stuck them in another album
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

OH man Bren I am so sorry.. I will be praying for sure girl!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Here is a card I did last night. I am loving these Christmas images.
Tis the season By Brenscraps

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 10-31-10 06:54 PM

Here's my 2 pirates

Pirate Chase By WILLA" title=" Pirate Chase By WILLA"Link

Pirate Emma By WILLA" title=" Pirate Emma By WILLA"Link

Bren...will be praying for your family.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-01-10 03:40 AM
In response to WILLA

Good morning....a new week...bring it on!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Danni, keep us updated with Kody and how he's doing. I don't know if I mentioned, but I taught French to second graders when I was in high school and it was so much fun! I am glad that Kody is able to get the experience of doing that with the younger kids, too. You are raising some good kids, girl. I know that they sometimes lose their way, but they never go far off the path!

Tracy, LMBO...I was so sure you made that paper with glimmer mist and paint. IDK where I even see any glimmer to it. LOL. I'll check out the pictures shortly from your punker day. I can't believe you lost three friends when you were a kid...that is some seriously awful stuff.

Bren, praying for your family and thinking of you, girl. I hope you get to go visit her today.

Dale, your little pirates are cute! I hear you on eating too much. I kept snacking all day yesterday. I swear, I prob gained five pounds over the weekend.

G, how are you feeling?

Terri, how's Liam doing with skating? Is Annie still drawing?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Thanks for all of the gallery love, ladies. Now I just have to remember all of the questions.

Danni, the lace corner came from Tracy when she was my SS. I'd imagine that you could make your own, though. Just wrap the lace around the corner of the card. The metal sentiments are Making Memories, old stock, I don't think they sell them anymore. I got them at Big Lots last year, I think. The mug of hot chocolate is a Martha Stewart punch. I don't remember what else you asked me. LOL.

Tracy, the clear snowflakes aren't the ghost ones from Heidi Swapp; they're actually buttons. No shock there, huh? LOL. I got them at either J's or Michael's, in with all of the other All Dressed Up buttons. They came in a pack of clear and white snowflakes. I love them, too, and need some more! I also need to use my cuttlebug snowflake die. I got it on clearance for $2 and keep forgetting about it.

Thanks for the suggestions on my hot chocolate card! I appreciate it!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Good morning ladies.
I have not heard if my Aunt made it through the night or not. I don't think I told you the rest of my news I received yesterday. My great uncle died this week. My mom's fave uncle, thus one I knew fairly well. I was named after his wife, my mom's aunt (duh) Lorene. That is my middle name. Also, my mom had cancer removed from her nose on Wednesday and is waiting to see if she has more that needs to be removed.
What stinks is that I can't get off my mind how much I need to be at work today!! Whatever!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, that sucks!!! Hugs, thoughts, and prayers for you and your family. Talk about a triple whammy!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Well ladies, I just got the news that my aunt passed this morning. I won't be making the trip as I would just be in the way. I will go to work, as I will need to take time off this week for the service

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren,

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou

Morning ladies!!

Back at work and not liking it!! They let go of my VP today and that made me sad!! I hope you all add a fantastic weekend. I can't catch up now, will try to do that later tonight!!

LUG!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Guylou

Birthday card By Danielle S
Have a merry country Christmas By Danielle S
Thtanks so much By Danielle S

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Bren soooooo sorry you're getting hit w/alot of bad news!!!! Hugs!!!
G that is sad-are they downsizing or did he get in trouble for something
Gina Kody was ok this am,I told him that if he didn't feel up to teaching today to tell his teacher,that they would totally understand. What irks me is the pic the local paper put in,they took it of the 4wheeler-it hit a tree,and you could see Andrew's shoe lying in the road. Why wouldn't they edit that? I think it's ignorant.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Danni, I feel badly for anyone who sees that pic. How callous to do that. Contact the editor of the paper and give them what-for. I understand free press and all of that, but why would you deliberately post an upsetting pic like that? Even one of the four wheeler itself is okay, but not his shoe off on the road. That's just a detail that doesn't need to be seen and will probably haunt his poor mother.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

G, that is sad about your VP! I sure hope he can find something else soon!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Bren- I am so sorry

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

G, sorry to hear about your VP too.

Danni that is just rude they published a pic like that. sheeesh what is wrong with people!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Gina- wow those are buttons??? You find the coolest stuff!

OK girls.. I took the plunge and I applied to Michel's to be an instructor. I want to teach card making classes.. I know they do simple designs and it sounds fun. So I pray I get a call back.

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to Tracy S.

They let her go because they are restructuring the Canadian and American offices. She was a good VP who fought for us. My group has moved under another VP who is not as people oriented; it will be a getting use to.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Good luck, Tracy! I think you meant that you applied at Michael's, not Michel's right? If it's Michel's...what is that?!? LOL. That would be such a cool job for you, too. I hope you get it! Oh, but the temptation to spend your paycheck with your employee discount....

I got a Redbox coupon that's good for today only. I think I'm going to see what's available, because tonight is the only night this week I have to chill. I have Spanish tomorrow, taking my car to the shop on Wed (routine maintenance), dinner with Kim on Thursday, and then I'm going to an event at a jewelry store on Friday. It's the place where Rick and I bought our rings. The owner is hosting a "ladies night" and invited me to come.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

G, that sucks! I think it's really important that management stand behind their people and fight for them. I hope that the new VP, although not as people-oriented, will fight for you if needed.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, I just looked up the snowflake buttons and it looks like J's no longer has the clear ones. Darnit...I wanted more!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

BTW, if you can get past occasional profanity, you girls should read this blog. It cracks me the heck up every time.
http://flourishinprogress .blogspot.com/

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

G, the "My heart to yours" sentiment is a stamp.

My gram was being good for a bit there, but now she's back into her usual mode of asking tons of questions and just generally poking her nose into places she doesn't belong. I love that woman, but I think it's probably a good thing that we converse mainly by email. It gives me the chance to reread and edit comments before sending! LOL

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
BTW, if you can get past occasional profanity, you girls should read this blog. It cracks me the heck up every time.
http://flourishinprogress .blogspot.com/

LMBO! I read like 4 posts and they cracked me up.. I love her sense of humor.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
G, the "My heart to yours" sentiment is a stamp.

My gram was being good for a bit there, but now she's back into her usual mode of asking tons of questions and just generally poking her nose into places she doesn't belong. I love that woman, but I think it's probably a good thing that we converse mainly by email. It gives me the chance to reread and edit comments before sending! LOL

Sorry Gina

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, isn't that blog funny? She left me some sweet comments on my blog after I couldn't resist commenting on hers. I thought that was nice of her. As for my gram, no worries. I remind myself that I love her and she can't help some of her behaviors. Even if she could, she's too old to worry about it at this stage in her life! I just need to vent on occasion.

Anyhow, I had a great day. I stopped at AC Moore on the way home and they have the new Basic Grey embossing folders (the Eskimo Kisses ones). I had a coupon, plus a $10 certificate. I got two sets of folders and four clear stamps for $10 out of pocket. Rock on! Then I came home and my new Whiff of Joy stamps are already here. I just ordered them late last week. I'm going to go play in my scrap area...maybe make another card or at least color some images.

Danni, I rented "get him to the greek" with my freebie from Redbox. I fell asleep part of the way through, so I just turned it off. It had some funny parts but like you said, it was pretty profane and some of it just wasn't hanging together.

Edited by siameseplease on 11-01-10 03:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Here's a quick card I threw together because I wanted to play with my new embossing folders and didn't want to take time to color any images to do so! LOL.
Unity stamp card By Siameseplease

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, I thought of another reason I can't stay mad at my gram. She emailed me today to ask if she was going to get a calendar this year because it's her favorite present she gets and she looks forward to it every year. How cute is that? At least she didn't wait til the night before to hint at getting one; she's giving me plenty of time. LOL

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-01-10 04:34 PM

Hey girls...not a bad day for a Monday. I didn't tell you girls but the lady that causes so much chaos at work is in the hospital. She was out some while I was out and was admitted Sat. On the way home last night I stopped by the hospital to see her. She looked a lot better. She had an abscessed tooth and it almost killed her. She had gotten sepsis from it. I feel so bad for her even though she is a pain at work...she is a good person just hard to work with.
I have been coloring G's images so I can get her assignment done. maybe I can throw the cards together tomorrow.

G...We got to meet the new candidates for our new office manager last week. I liked them all...so far. Rumor has it the old manager could be coming back though. Hope your new one works out.

Danni...How did Kody do today...i know you said he did fine this morning.

Gina...how sweet of your Grandma...she loves you!!!

Tracy...that would be an awesome job...doing what you love.

Bren.... , , and more

Terri....any new jewelry?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Hey, Dale! That is how I feel about one of the ladies at work...she's got such a good heart and is a good person, but she's a royal PITA to work with. I hope your coworker feels better soon. Sepsis is nasty stuff and kills a lot of people. You wouldn't believe how many people get it. We're doing a project on it right now, in fact. Anyway, I'm glad work was not bad for a Monday. I am taking advantage of my only free night this week and creating. Here's the card I did for this week's Mojo Monday.
Dear Santa (Mojo163) By Siameseplease

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hey ladies thanks for all the hugs!! So my parents are on their way here. They will be here Wed. It takes about 24 hours to drive straight through. The funeral for my aunt is Thursday. They are holding off so my parents can get here.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Tracy praying you get that job at M's! How cool would that be?!
Dale an absess toothe almost killing someone,wow! Gina don't even tell me about this new thing your studying,I'd rather be ignorant of it. Glad you got some notice from your gram. I rodered my calendars finaly & should be getting them anyday.
Well I lucked out,the viewing is on Thurs. night 7-9 & the funeral on Fri @ 2. SO I'll have dh take him to the viewing(since I have to go to the parents meeting for the peer leadership weekend anyway) shew! I'll take him to the funeral Friday then,but that won't be as bad to me. I DON'T like open casket viewings,if I haven't said so before. I told Nick he could go THurs night b/c his grades haven't been up to snuff & I don't see the need to take him out of school. Well,I came back from getting Seth @ cubscouts & Nick was down here on his fb looking at pics of Andrew,sobbing. Nick is more sensitive,I'm not sure it's a good idea for him to go now on Thurs. I told him that but he said he wanted to see him one more time. 9times outta 10 they don't look like they did when they were alive is what I told him. Sometimes I think it's best to just remember them as they were,my own opinion,obviously. Anyhoot,will think on it & make my decision closer to the time. Kody is dealing.
There's more I wanna tell u girls,but I'm exhausted,remind me to tell you later.
Night
Lugs

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Gosh Danni! So sorry you are going through this!!!

And yes tooth abscess are terrible things and can kill you.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Some Christmas cards.
Angel By Brenscraps

Peace By Brenscraps

Snowflakes By Brenscraps

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-02-10 03:20 AM

Morning...heading in a little early today but should get off a little early. Only one doc and only for half a day!!!

Bren...

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to WILLA

Morning ladies!

Bren... my deepest sympathy!

Have a great day everyone!

Page 2 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics