Page 3 of 84 
Username Post: ***The Scrappin Derelicts COF*** Closed and Active        (Topic#1545745)
Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
Tracy, I thought of another reason I can't stay mad at my gram. She emailed me today to ask if she was going to get a calendar this year because it's her favorite present she gets and she looks forward to it every year. How cute is that? At least she didn't wait til the night before to hint at getting one; she's giving me plenty of time. LOL

yeah how can you stay mad after something like that

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Brenscraps

• Brenscraps Said:
Hey ladies thanks for all the hugs!! So my parents are on their way here. They will be here Wed. It takes about 24 hours to drive straight through. The funeral for my aunt is Thursday. They are holding off so my parents can get here.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Danni that is good that Shane can take Kody.
I saw Nick on FB talking about Andrew and it seemed to really be upsetting him. He may need to see him at the viewing for closure.. some people do.. I am not sure that keeping him from doing so is a good idea. I can see a huge opportunity for a big wedge of resentment if you were to stop him.. I am speaking from personal experience and love girl. I really think if he wants to go you should let him.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
Morning...heading in a little early today but should get off a little early. Only one doc and only for half a day!!!

Bren...

woot woot!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

morning ladies.

Danni, such hard decisions. I hope you don't mind us putting our 2 cents in. I agree that I think you need to let Nick go. Death is a part of life. Sometimes if kids don't see the reality of it, they don't understand it. It is such a good lesson time. When someone got killed from my highschool it really said, don't drink and drive. KWIM? Be careful your life is precious is a good lesson right now.

Tracy, i hope you get the position at M's that would be such a fun job. I think!

Dale, lucky you.

Gina, love that she asked up front!!!

G, Terri,

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Anyone other than Tracy and Guylou signed up for the copic class at SSC? I am afraid I am going to miss it tomorrow. I hope they load it really early for me before I head out the door! And my parents get here!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Good morning, ladies. It's been a stressful one already, but not like what some of you are dealing with. Sheesh.

Bren, That is so nice of them to wait for your parents. I'll be thinking of you, girl.

Danni, I agree with Bren and Tracy. I'll add that Nick is your son and you know what's best for him, but I also think that you have to remember that he hasn't had the experiences with deaths, funerals, viewings, etc that you have. He is also a different person from you and he may not end up feeling the same way that you do about them. Some people do need them as a closure or final chance to say goodbye. I also think that if he wants to go, you should let him. I know your mom protective feelings are kickin' into overdrive here and that's understood, so I will shut up now. Shocker, I know!

Tracy, do you have any idea when you should hear from Michael's?

Dale, sounds like a good day! Today is my LONG day and it's going to be even worse than usual. I have a meeting from 3-4, another from 4-5, then Spanish from 5:15-7:00.

G, how's the sinusitis? Has Sundae chewed up anything else?

Terri, miss you!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Oh man sorry Gina. Hope the meetings won't be too boring! And hopefully they will feed you!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Danni, another thing to think about...if Nick doesn't go and some of his friends do, how will he feel about that? Will there be any fall-out (resentments from friends that he didn't show, etc) that would then make Nick feel even worse? Remember, just because he goes doesn't mean he has to go anywhere near the casket if he doesn't want to. My brother refuses to even enter the room where the casket is, but will go to the funeral home and mingle outside of the viewing room. No one even notices that; they just see that he's there.

Ok, so I lied and I didn't shut up. What else is new?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, the 4-5 meeting will have either fruit or veggies. They alternate. It's a twice monthly meeting. It will be okay; I'm just whining.

I should be whining about this project that is kicking my fat butt. I am going through all of these case studies, trying to find ones that suit certain topics and nothing is coming up! This is not good. I've got ten topics and have only found case studies to suit one of them. Egads!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Danni here is a link to the Bg papers I made.. I thought I linked them the other day but I looked and I guess I forgot..lol
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Gina that stinks girl.. hope your day gets better

Bren I think it is awesome they are waiting for your parents. Are they coming to stay with you?

Gina I have no idea if I even will hear from M's.. I applied and sent it.. said they would contact me if I am a fit

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

I am not even sure if they are hiring at the one I applied to... it does not say when you do it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, well, that just bites. I hope it's not one of those situations where you take another job that you don't like because they take forever to get back to you. That happened to me once. I mean, work is good, but that's frustrating when it happens that way. I applied at the School for the Blind and after over a month, I had not heard from them. I took a job with a residential treatment center for adolescent girls, some of whom were pregnant. I went through the training and hated every minute of that job, but couldn't be picky because it fit my college schedule. I had been working there about two weeks when the school for the blind called me and asked me to come work for them. I quit the treatment center and away I went, but I felt guilty for a while. I know how hard it is to find people willing to work with the kids at that center...they lost people left and right.

Ok, wow, that was a big of a tangent. I have now found 3/10 case studies that I need. I'm getting there. It's taking a lot longer and it's a lot harder than I expected.

Dale, how come you don't have a followers link for your blog? How can I follow it aside from adding it to faves? I'm trying to clean out my faves at work because I don't want to get in trouble, so I added a bunch of blogs to my blogger follow list instead of my faves.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

No time to comment on everything. Bren know that I'm praying for you & your family. That's quite a drive for your parents to be making,good for them.
I totally get what you girls are saying & you're right. I will let him go,I don't want him resenting me. It's my personal preference-as far as the open casket thing,and he isn't me. I'm getting it now,thanks for being honest w/me too. I love that about you girls & I value your advice,TY!!!!!!!
Going back into work. I think I'm off tomorrow am,I think,this week is crazy busy,but I'll ci tomorrow. Wanna tell you the only thing Kody "kinda,if you call it that" lashed out to me about. Well,shoot,I'll jsut do it now real quick. I know noone local reads this. Anyway at dinner the other night Kody said to me that he felt bad that he didn't hang out w/Andrew much this past yr(they used to all the time) & it was my fault. I told him he knows why I didn't want him hanging out w/Andrew & he said "I know" and dropped it. That was his lashing out,but I did feel a tad guilty. See I noticed Andrew started heading down the wrong path-he was a good kid,he really was,he just had no parental guidance,about a yr ago I told Kody he was no longer to go to his house. That used to be a fav hangout w/the kids. He did see him from time to time,even helepd Andrew's family move a few weeks ago. He can blame me for them not hanging out but I know he understands why I did it. I didn't want Andrew to take Kody down that path w/him. Am I controlling? Maybe. But I feel it's my job as a parent to protect my kids however I can. And yes,even when choosing his friends. He didn't raise too much of a fuss I when I did it a yr ago. B/c he knew too that Andrew wasn't making wise choices. Shoot I still don't at 36, but I just wanna give my kids every opportunity to make something of themselves instead of getting sucked into the nothingness(that's my made up word of the day)that drugs offers these kids. There's my rant,gotta run,I'm late b/c of my book I wrote. LOL
LUG's

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to Danielle S

Hello ladies!

Gina... sinusitis is practically gone, Sundae is under constant survaillance. She is a tricky one!

Tracy... Guess what? I got your BD card!!! It is so beautiful!!! Thanks!

Danni, Dale, Terry & Brenda...

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Guylou

• Guylou Said:
Hello ladies!

Gina... sinusitis is practically gone, Sundae is under constant survaillance. She is a tricky one!

Danni don't feel guilty girl.. You were doing what any good parent would do and made a choice to not willingly let him hang with a bad influence. You had no control over what was going to ultimately happen, ya know? I know it is easier said than done though. * hugs*
I am glad you are letting Nick go... and you know I will always tell you what I think.. even if it is not what you want to hear... that is what friends are for.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Guylou

• Guylou Said:
Hello ladies!

Wow, was it all in one piece? That took like a month? That is craziness

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Gina I hope that doesn't happen either.. I am just praying and trusting God in it.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

did you all go out and vote today? We are about to here in a few

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-02-10 05:13 PM
In response to Tracy S.

Hey girls...well I didn't get to leave early...then had to stop and vote...and finally ygot cards made with G's images...pics are not good because of bad lighting...oh well.

Gina...My blog needs work...I don't know how to add a follow my blog thingy...i can't even get my background right. I need some of your snacks right about NOW!!! LOL

Danni...I agree with the others about Nick and am glad you understand. I am one of those that have to see...no matter how bad...otherwise I would always wonder. I have a sister that is totally opposite...so it just depends on the person. LUG!!!

Tracy...Has John still got the Mohawk?

G...i finished!! Not too happy with them though.

Bren...just gonna send you more...

Terri...still missing you here!!

Be Thankful By WILLA" title=" Be Thankful By WILLA"Link

Harvest of Plenty By WILLA" title=" Harvest of Plenty By WILLA"Link

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Hey, girls.

Danni, I agree with Tracy...that's what friends do. I also think that you shouldn't feel guilty about forbidding Kody to go to his friend's house. Obviously, Kody knows this, as well. He's just working through the feelings he has right now. I can tell you from personal experience that grief can totally warp your perceptions of things, too. I mean, when I look back to a year ago and how I took some things people said, how I perceived past events, etc, I just shake my head at myself. Kody is not dumb and he knows you love him and only want what's best for him. I think he also knows that it wasn't a good environment for him, or he'd have fought harder to be in it, KWIM? Hang in there, girl. How's Nick doing tonight?

Dale, please come eat some of these snacks, girl. I am trying to avoid them but it's hard. I should have sent more of them home with my mom. My cousin tried to leave her snacks here. She managed to leave a half of a bag of crab potato chips and I made sure she took back everything else that she brought! I had enough of my own! Sorry you had a long day, too.

G, I'm glad you are feeling better and keeping an eye on Sundae. She sounds like a wily one!

Tracy, WTH? I can't believe that G is just now getting your card, that you sent long before I sent her bday present. So weird! You'd think she was working with my local post office or something! LOL.

Bren, how are you doing, sweetie? You're on my mind. Let us know when your parents arrive safely. BTW, I got you that paper pack and will mail it out in a few days.

I am headed to bed to watch some tv and then crash. I'm tired! Goodnight!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Check it out! I made a poll!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15462...

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou

Hello ladies!!

Dale... I loooooove them!!! I don't see why you are not happy with them, they are gorgeous!!

Tracy... the card was in one piece. It is even more beautiful IRL than on the picture.

Gina... I am going to vote for you!!! Hope you win!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Guylou

Gina gonna go vote

G, glad it was in one piece.. that is so weird it took so very long.

Dale I am willing to fix your blog.. I have been doing others lately..lol If you want me too... just e-mail or PM the e-mail you use, the password and what template you want and what gadgets you want.. like the follow me link you talked about.

here is a link to some templates
http://thecutestblogonthe block.com/free/free-background...

if you have a different site you want it from.. just give me that link.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

I did these two:

http://scrappinchris.blogspot.com/ ( she picked the template)

http://ladylipz1.blogspot.com/ ( I picked this one so far because she did not tell me what she wanted.)

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hey ladies, just wanted you to know that I worked long and hard today to take the next few off. I got off at 7 and when I got home my parents were here. What a wonderful surprise. They drove 15 hours today thinking the funeral was tomorrow. They left home before the decision was made. They are exhausted. I don't know when I can pop in because of the company and funeral, but I really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers, thanks so much!! LUG!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-03-10 03:52 AM

morning...Happy OTH day...hey...don't we get an extra hour this weekend....i need it! LOL LUGs!!

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to WILLA

Morning ladies!

Brenda... I will pray for strength for you and your family.

Dale... I need that extra hour too!

Have a great day!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Guylou

Hey, girls.

Bren, I'm glad your parents made it safely. I hope you get some quality time despite the reason for their visit. I'll be thinking of you!

Dale, I was watching Glee last night and will told Sue that today is "hump day". Made me think of your OTH stuff. As for the extra hour, I am in dire need! I am so tired today, for some reason.

Tracy, you are the blog queen!

Hi, Danni and Terri.

Have a good day, everybody. I'll be around here and there. I need to find at least two more of these case reports before I can feel comfy leaving work today. It's really bugging me!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

morning, just popping on before my day begins. Everyone have a good Wednesday. I need to peak at the first copic lesson before the house wakes up!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

So Gina, I got my charms at Oriental Trading. I got the tea bag there and some coffee ones, imagine that!!! Also Tracy, the ornaments and holly is a stamp that I got in this Christmas package from All that scraps.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Thanks for the info, Bren. I love OTC for charms and stuff. Their shipping is too high, though, unless you do the free shipping thing. Unfortunately, you have to spend $49 to get that, most times. Usually, I'll go in with someone else local to place an order. Once, I asked my gram if she wanted to help out so we could hit the free shipping minimum. She said she wanted something, then ordered two items that were like $4 each. LOL.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Girls, I need your help with getting some patience. I love my gram, I really do. However, she has always been an overpowering, meddling, opinionated person. I have always been protective of my little brother. My grandmother will not stop offering advice, stating opinions, and just generally butting her nose into my brother's legal issues. She has absolutely no clue what is going on, no idea how the legal system works, and doesn't even know my brother's kids. She sees them a couple of times per year. The way a visit generally goes is that she demands a hug and kiss, then talks to each of them for less than five minutes, then the kids run off and do something while she talks to the adults for the rest of the visit. Like my mom said, she's never been good with kids or showed much interest in them other than as someone to give her a hug when she wants one and pose in pics with her. I had a very limited relationship while I was growing up and it wasn't until I became an adult that she actually tried to engage me. I can now honestly say that we are close, but in the way of family, that means I get really ticked off at her from time to time. Right now, we're all stressing over my brother's issues with his ex. My gram has been told in nice ways on many occasions to keep her opinions to herself, stop asking for details because they won't be shared, and to basically back the heck off. Seriously, she takes it WAY past the point of loving concern. She keeps trying to tell me that Bobby's kids are fine and seem to be doing so well without getting to see him, and that she can't believe he's not fighting for them, etc. I just had it after yet another one of those emails this morning and this was the reply I sent:

Good morning. Kids are not stupid...the boys know what is going down and they know who loves them more. Bobby is fighting for them and they know it. He may not be fighting in the way everyone else thinks he should, but what's going on is nobody's business but his, and I pretty much feel like the family needs to butt their noses out of it. Of course, being family, they won't, and everyone will continue to think they know what's going on when they haven't a clue and everyone will continue to give advice and everything else. That's the way families do, because they love the people involved and it's a way to express that love. Bobby understands that, but he does get tired of hearing about it and I can't say that I blame him. As for the kids, of course, they seem okay. How else does anyone else expect them to seem? Kids don't air their problems like adults do. They don't talk about them to everyone and also don't generally tend to let those problems take over their whole lives like adults do, either. Kids are really good at compartmentalizing.

Responses like this are why my gram told my mom that I am "jumping all over" her when she says things. I had made it much more nasty, but re-read it and edited it down to come across nicer. I think this is the last time I'm going to give her an extended reply. I think from now on, I am just going to say, "I'm not discussing it with you." In the past, I've also replied to her emails and touched on every subject she brought up BUT this one. This time, when she said Bobby wasn't fighting and she hopes the kids don't resent it in the future and that the kids seem fine, I just couldn't hold in a reply. How dare she? She doesn't even know them. I wanted to put that in the email, too, but figured I didn't need to be hurtful.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Ok, vent over. I keep reminding myself that she's old and that I love her. It isn't helping.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:

Ok, vent over. I keep reminding myself that she's old and that I love her. It isn't helping.

You did good about getting your point across without being mean. I give you props.. I would have said something I would regret probably. That would be on my nerves!! Sorry you have to deal with that behavior.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR it is freezing here.. I love it but it went from hot to cold and not gradually so I am frozen and can't get warm..lol

I am gonna go cuddle in the blankets and try and warm up before I have to get out in it to get Heather.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, it's super cold here, too. My feet have been like blocks of ice all darned day!

So, my gram replied. As usual, it totally went over her head. She is one of those people who has no ability whatsoever to be introspective or self aware. This is her reply: IT IS CERTAINLY NOT ME BUTTING INTO BOBBY'S BUSINESS, I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM OR SEEN HIM IN OVER A YEAR. I HAVE JUST DECIDED THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW THAT HE EVEN HAS ANOTHER GRANDMOTHER, BUT I WILL STILL WORRY ABOUT HIM JUST LIKE I DO ABOUT ALL MY GRANDCHILDREN.

Can you believe that?!? She says she is not butting into his business, but all she does is give constant advice, ask nosey questions, and spout her opinion. Whatever. I'm not getting into it with her. She has no self-awareness whatsoever, as I said. She can't grasp the concept that the reason my brother refuses to see her or call her is because she won't get out of his business and basically harasses him whenever he does. So, yeah, he hasn't contacted her in over a year and I don't blame him at all.

I feel badly for my aunt and uncle. They give her a home, buy all of her groceries, and pay all of her bills except for her medications. She is driving my uncle up a tree. My gram says that they will never retire to their condo in Myrtle Beach because they can't stand to be away from her and the grandchildren. I think they might shock her. My uncle's mom is already in a retirement community, and I think that if my uncle could afford to put my aunt's mom (my gram) in one, too, that's where she'd be right about now. He told me once that he loves my aunt so much, but love can only take you so far and he can only put up with so much.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Look, ladies! New Elisabeth Bell!
http://www.elisabethbell.com/blog

I ordered two of the new Snowbaby collection last week. They're adorable!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

cute Gina.. I never could find snow babies but they sound cute

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Wow about your gram.. is she the one that suffers from dementia?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Well John was on his way to get Heather from school when his boss called and asked him to come back in.. he told him he found something out and needed him to come back up.. We thought it was to be fired for sure.. I mean why else would he need him to come back right then? So he went up and had to sign a paper saying he is suspended pending an investigation of possible procedure violation. God is trying to teach us something for sure.... patience maybe? I am not sure what but I know he is not cruel and would not just drag us out this long to be mean... so keep praying for favor. He said his boss pulled another boss in as a witness and it was the witchiest boss with a "b" John said... and even she said she is going to bat for John.. as well as his boss. They know he is a great employee.. he just made a bad judgment call and waiting to long to get something done. So God's favor is on him.. I pray that for him daily and I am seeing it manifest itself through this situation.

Thanks for the continued prayers LUG

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy .
Gina

My parents went to Roseburg to the family viewing.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-03-10 04:20 PM

Hey...Looooonnnngggg day. Not bad but long.

Tracy... Might just be God's way of protecting him. We always look at what we think is the worst thing that could happen when God is keeping him from something worse. If we could only see things as He does. LUG!!

Bren...you need these too!

Gina...you too...

Danni...your turn...

G...now you....

Terri...of course you need some too...

Now...I was in a huggy mood... LOL

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
Wow about your gram.. is she the one that suffers from dementia?

Tracy, both of my grandmothers have some form of dementia, IMO, although neither has been officially diagnosed. However, that is not the cause of this behavior...this is just who she is and how she has ALWAYS been. It's my dad's mom. I no longer see my mom's mother at all.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Dale, as long as those weren't prolonged hugs, it's all good! LMBO!

Tracy, I hope it all works out. Everyone is entitled to mistakes. Things happen and I am sure John has learned from whatever it was. Hopefully, the investigation will be quick and find in his favor. Now let's look at the positive side...he has more time to spend with you for a few days.

Bren, How do your parents seem to be holding up?

Danni, how are the boys?

Hi, G and Terri.

I am so tired. I just got home a few minutes ago. I left my house for work this morning, then went directly to the car dealership from there. Mom picked me up. She had my neice Gabby with her. We went shopping and had dinner at Panera, then they dropped me back off to get my car and I went to see my inlaws. They tried to be good...no arguing and they didn't get super pushy and clingy when I tried to leave. My FIL started to push me about when I was coming back, when I was having them over, when I was going to call, etc but I told him not to start it and he backed off. You have to understand another thing that they do. They tell you goodbye at the door, then walk to your car and put their hands on the car door to talk to you through the car window, so you can't leave. It's very frustrating, because they do this even when you tell them that you have somewhere to be or need to go. You don't feel you can drive off because you might run them over. Well, this time, I walked out fast and my FIL started to follow me. I pretended I didn't see him, opened my car door fast, got in, closed it, started the car and took off as I was putting on my seatbelt. I know it's rude, but even Squid agrees that this is sometimes the only way you can get out. Overall, it was a good visit and like I said, they tried to curb the behaviors that Squid discussed with them. Squid was also there, which I did not expect, so I got to visit with him for a bit, too. That was nice. It also kept them from bringing up some topics that frustrate me. Anyhow, now I am home and I am exhausted. I'm headed to bed shortly, to watch my DVR'ed shows and sleep! Goodnight! LUG!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oh, before I forget to tell you girls....my niece was so cute tonight. Apparently, her mother was trying to spread her usual venom about the family. First, she tried to tell my mom that Bobby was laughing when he came out of the courtroom on Thursday. Mom and I were both there and he didn't even smile, let alone laugh. In fact, his ex flipped him the bird and then tried to tell my mom that she didn't. Ok...we're blind, apparently. So, then she told my ten year old niece, "I'm upset and angry with your Aunt Gina, because she laughed when she came out of the courtroom." I was so ticked off that this witch would try to turn my niece against me with this lie that I didn't think and just told her that her mother was lying to her. Then I told her that the reason her mother told this lie to her and not to my face was because she knows it's a lie and that I will call her on it. After saying this, I remembered that Gabby is just a kid, and it's not fair to put her in the middle and spread any negativity. When she grows up, I want her to remember the ones who remained respectful of her relationship with her mother, and who stood above the nastiness and didn't sink low like her mom is doing. So, when I calmed down a bit, I talked to Gabbers a bit more. I told her that everyone was upset because this fighting in court is hard on everyone and makes everyone sad, and that when we are sad or upset, sometimes the way we perceive things is not how they really happened. I told her that her mother was upset, and therefore may have perceived that I was happy or laughing, but I can truthfully tell Gabby that I was not laughing. This is where I get reminded why I love this kid. She said, "I know. I told Mommy that my aunt Gina would never do that!"

It makes me smile to know that this kid is not letting negativity effect her viewpoint. I must admit that it's also a bit funny to me because her mom is very jealous of me and how Gabby tries to be like me. Then when I think about it, it just ticks me off. Using kids like she does is disgusting and makes me sick.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Gina can I have some of your wisdom girl> You handled that situation w/your neice perfectly,good for you:)
Tracy still praying girl!
What a day! I was at work this evening & I heard my mom's ringtone going off on my phone,which is odd b/c she's on 2nd shift so I knew something was wrong. I called her back,my aunt found my uncle dead on the bathroom floor this evening when she got home from work. I'm not sure from what-he's the one w/cancer but he was still relatively healthy. All I'm saying is it was a blessing,actually. At least he didn't have to suffer. I've seen cancer wreak havoc on my gramps & it's horrible,so at least there's that,right?
The boys are doing ok,well I take that back,Kody's starting to feel the reality of it more now-he's more subdued than normal. My uncle didn't want a funeral so my aunt is just going to have the famil get together sometime next week.
Gonna hit the hay,have a busy day tomorrow.
LUG's!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-04-10 03:38 AM

Morning....almost there!!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to WILLA

Morning! btw Daleeeo I forgot to comment on all your hugs yesterday-loved em-you're a doll!!!!!!! Have a great day girl! I'm going to,starting w/the mind over matter bit. Say a prayer for my boys today please!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Morning!

Danni, your poor aunt. Although it is probably a blessing that your uncle didn't suffer, I feel so badly for her having to find him like that. That's the kind of vision you never get out of your head. Ever. For your sake, I am glad they're not doing a funeral. I know how you hate them! I'll pray for your boys. The viewing is tonight, right?

Dale, back atcha!

Wow, I was tired last night. I had DVR'ed Survivor. Well, I kept falling asleep and finally just fast forwarded through the stuff at camp (after the challenge) and tribal council, just so I could see who went home. That challenge was weird. Jane cracked me up, though. I am loving her.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Geez...what is it with all of the deaths lately, anyway?

Bren, thinking of you, too! How did it go for your parents yesterday? Were they okay when they got back to your house?

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hey ladies, thanks for the much needed hugs.

Gina, my mom and dad went to the viewing where the funeral is. 3 hours away. my brother lives there so they stayed with him last night. I am leaving this morning about 8. The service is at 11.
Gina, girl, you do have sch a great way with words and understanding situations!! No wonder Rick loved you so much!! How much psychology classes did you have?

Danni, wow, I am so sorry about your uncle. My goodness you are having a bad week. Will be thinking about you tonight, when I can! Prayers for the boys of course.

Tracy, sending my prayers for you and Jon's situation. Remember, God is in control!

Dale, sorry you are at work!!

G, Terri, hey ladies, have a good Thursday.

I will be spending the night in Roseburg tonight at my brothers and will be back tomorrow.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren and Danni, wishing you both strength for the next few days!

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, then worked with a psychologist for 13 years. I learned a ton from her and actually used to train her doctoral level students. She once told me that I could go back to school for my Master's and teach the classes, rather than take them. LOL. Anyway, that was the job where I did all of the cognitive testing to assess for things like dementia, memory loss after stroke, etc.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Oh, before I forget to tell you girls....my niece was so cute tonight. Apparently, her mother was trying to spread her usual venom about the family. First, she tried to tell my mom that Bobby was laughing when he came out of the courtroom on Thursday. Mom and I were both there and he didn't even smile, let alone laugh. In fact, his ex flipped him the bird and then tried to tell my mom that she didn't. Ok...we're blind, apparently. So, then she told my ten year old niece, "I'm upset and angry with your Aunt Gina, because she laughed when she came out of the courtroom." I was so ticked off that this witch would try to turn my niece against me with this lie that I didn't think and just told her that her mother was lying to her. Then I told her that the reason her mother told this lie to her and not to my face was because she knows it's a lie and that I will call her on it. After saying this, I remembered that Gabby is just a kid, and it's not fair to put her in the middle and spread any negativity. When she grows up, I want her to remember the ones who remained respectful of her relationship with her mother, and who stood above the nastiness and didn't sink low like her mom is doing. So, when I calmed down a bit, I talked to Gabbers a bit more. I told her that everyone was upset because this fighting in court is hard on everyone and makes everyone sad, and that when we are sad or upset, sometimes the way we perceive things is not how they really happened. I told her that her mother was upset, and therefore may have perceived that I was happy or laughing, but I can truthfully tell Gabby that I was not laughing. This is where I get reminded why I love this kid. She said, "I know. I told Mommy that my aunt Gina would never do that!"

It makes me smile to know that this kid is not letting negativity effect her viewpoint. I must admit that it's also a bit funny to me because her mom is very jealous of me and how Gabby tries to be like me. Then when I think about it, it just ticks me off. Using kids like she does is disgusting and makes me sick.

It is disgusting isn't it.. I know all too well.

You handled it well though girl

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Danielle S Said:
Gina can I have some of your wisdom girl> You handled that situation w/your neice perfectly,good for you:)
Tracy still praying girl!
What a day! I was at work this evening & I heard my mom's ringtone going off on my phone,which is odd b/c she's on 2nd shift so I knew something was wrong. I called her back,my aunt found my uncle dead on the bathroom floor this evening when she got home from work. I'm not sure from what-he's the one w/cancer but he was still relatively healthy. All I'm saying is it was a blessing,actually. At least he didn't have to suffer. I've seen cancer wreak havoc on my gramps & it's horrible,so at least there's that,right?
The boys are doing ok,well I take that back,Kody's starting to feel the reality of it more now-he's more subdued than normal. My uncle didn't want a funeral so my aunt is just going to have the famil get together sometime next week.
Gonna hit the hay,have a busy day tomorrow.
LUG's!

I am so sorry Danni I know you are saying it is for the best but I know it still is not easy.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
Hey ladies, thanks for the much needed hugs.

Gina, my mom and dad went to the viewing where the funeral is. 3 hours away. my brother lives there so they stayed with him last night. I am leaving this morning about 8. The service is at 11.
Gina, girl, you do have sch a great way with words and understanding situations!! No wonder Rick loved you so much!! How much psychology classes did you have?

Danni, wow, I am so sorry about your uncle. My goodness you are having a bad week. Will be thinking about you tonight, when I can! Prayers for the boys of course.

Tracy, sending my prayers for you and Jon's situation. Remember, God is in control!

Dale, sorry you are at work!!

G, Terri, hey ladies, have a good Thursday.

I will be spending the night in Roseburg tonight at my brothers and will be back tomorrow.

Prayers fro you and your family and for you too Danni and the boys...

sheesssh what a week the derelicts are having

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, I know...it's been a rough week all around. I wonder if Terri's got something going on, too? I mean, it would just fit, wouldn't it, since we're all dealing with stressors right now? Geez.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on how I handled things with Gabby. I am not proud of myself for my initial reaction, but I think I recovered ok. My bro's kids are just a delight. They're so darned smart, it's scary. Now that I have my season pass to Busch Gardens, I think I am going to see if I can take them there this spring. Hopefully, things will be calmed down between my bro and his ex by then, too. I know, I know, wishful thinking!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Just a vent...

why do some guys have to take a nice compliment to the point of skeevy?

There was a contractor here at work today as I was walking down the hallway. He said, "hi, how are you?" I said, "I'm good, how are you?" as he was walking past. He stopped, turned to look at me and said, "you're a pretty lady." I said "thanks; have a nice day!" and started to step into the elevator. As the doors are closing, he calls out to me, "well, I will now!" in this very, IDK...just....IDK how to describe it...I guess "over the top" voice. How come he couldn't have just let it go? Calling me a pretty lady made me feel good and was not said in a skeevy tone and did not come off that way. I'd have left the situation feeling good, he would have said his piece, and both of us could have gone on with our day. Now, all I keep thinking about is his skeevy tone with the last thing he said and it gives me heebie-jeebies. I don't think that's the effect he wanted!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

So, I found 6/10 case studies. I want to find at least 1 more before going to this meeting on Monday. Wish me luck!

I forgot to tell you girls that I gave my BIL the Gabrielle card and the frog for his friend's mom last night. He said, "oh, you made her a card?!? That's great! I love your cards!" Then he said how he has kept all of the cards I have made for him and really loves them. I told him that I've already planned what to do for his Christmas card and he said "cool!"

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

As I was typing that post, a text came through from Tink (my ex and also chief of my firehouse) asking how I am doing because they have not heard from me in a while. It's about time someone noticed...I have not been to a firehouse event since the first of August. The only person who has bothered to contact me aside from his is a girl named Cindy. She's the one whose BF committed suicide a few years ago.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hey, girls. It's weird not seeing you all around today, but I know everyone has very important, pressing, and in some cases, emotional things to attend to right now. for the whole group! LUGs!

Tonight, I got some bad news. Nothing on par with what some of you are going through, though. I stopped by to see Kimi because I hadn't heard from her in a while. She is closing her store. She said that it's just too much. Her health has taken a downturn. She has been offered a job managing another craft store that is also nearby (and is VERY cool, but the prices are high). She's thinking about taking the job. She isn't going to get rid of her store's inventory; they are turning her basement at home into a crop area and she's going to host workshops at her home and keep supplies there that people can buy while they are at a workshop. She said she'll probably close right after Christmas. I offered to help her get packed up and also to get her workshop area set up. She's going to contact me when she goes to trade shows so that I can potentially tag along, and we hope to remain friends, of course. I love this girl...I hope this decision is the right one for her and her husband, and I think it probably is. They haven't seemed happy in a while...instead, they've seemed stressed and tired. I want to see her smile and laugh a lot again, KWIM?

Then I had dinner with my friend Kim (Brent's mom). We had a nice chat and as always, enjoyed each other's company. Now I'm home and ready to chill. I might color some images or maybe just go watch some tv and try to relax. I might not pop back in tonight. If I don't, goodnight and I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow!

Danni, please let us know how the boys are doing after the viewing tonight.

Bren, hang in there, chickie. Let us know once you've made it home safely.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Gina I am not sure why some guys are like that.. sheesh

Sorry to hear about your friend Kim closing the store. That is sad. I hope that you two remain friends for sure. Do you have an e-mail or cell number for her?

That is cool your cards were loved and appreciated. You are very talented.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Tomorrow is the moment of truth... Dh's boss called and told him to come in at 11am

Dh asked if it was good or bad and his boss just replied : uhhhh we will just talk about when you get here" I am trying not to read to much into that...

and even if he does lose it. Trying to cling to Christ, knowing that He has this under control and that it is not taking Him by surprise in the slightest.

I am standing on two scriptures that are helping me:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

and

Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-04-10 04:04 PM
In response to Tracy S.

Hello....had a good day but tired. I think all of us derelict are stressed to the max.

Tracy...that first verse is the verse that got us back home. It is a very special scripture to me. It is very fitting for what you are going through.

Gina...How sad Kim is having to close her store. We never know what someone is going through.

Bren,Danni,G, and Terri...LUGs. How was your day?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Hey, Tracy and Dale.

Tracy, I'll be thinking of you guys and wishing and hoping the best for you. How stressful! I hope the news is not bad and that his supervisor was just caught off guard by the question and didn't know how to answer it.

Dale, you are so right. I think we are all stressed beyond belief right about now.

I spent the last hour or so making a card. I think sitting at my scrap desk and getting into a project helps ground me a little, KWIM?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Hey Dale and Gina!

Gina are you gonna show us what you made?

Dale- your day wore you out.. but good thing it was good

For you Face Bookers.... I found this site today that is like FB.. well kinda- without all the games and apps and stuff.. but for Christians.
it is very cool
http://www.gracehope.com/community.php?info=community

You can post a prayer request on your wall and when someone prays for you they click on prayed now and they can leave you comments and stuff.. It has helped me tonight and been an encouragement.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, I'm glad you found a site that has helped you through this rough evening!

Sorry it took so long...I had to put him on my blog. I just love this little Sugar Nellie stamp. I was looking at Funky Kits and they have this new Sugar Nellie line that reminds me of Annie. Too bad that they are overseas and you can't get Sugar Nellie stamps here.
Miss you By Siameseplease

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

also I made this new tortilla soup recipe and it is yummy.

Gina I know you hate to cook and you can make this fast and it is very tasty

Tortilla soup

Ingredients

* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth (I used low sodium)
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, Mexican Recipe, coarsely chopped ( I used Rotel with cilantro and lime)
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced ( I used three)
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced ( I bought a rotisserie from the grocery and pulled the chicken off and shredded it)
* 1 1/2 cups crushed baked tortilla chips ( I cut some corn tortillas into strips and fried them in Canola oil)
* Cilantro
* 1/4 cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or what ever kind you like

Directions

1. Combine tomatoes with juice, broth, onion, garlic and cumin in large pot; simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken or turkey; simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Top individual servings with tortilla chips, cilantro and cheese.

**** I started by cooking the onion and garlic until soft then added the juices to simmer
We also grated some lime peel into the individual bowls and squeezed the juice of one wedge in the individual bowls and it was delish!
I did not add the fresh cilantro because I forgot it at the store..lol

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

You girls should check out the challenge, because the prize is fabulous. Six Sugar Nellie stamps and a set of Spellbinder snowflakes. I think you even have two weeks to make the card or something.
http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Tracy, I'm glad you found a site that has helped you through this rough evening!

Sorry it took so long...I had to put him on my blog. I just love this little Sugar Nellie stamp. I was looking at Funky Kits and they have this new Sugar Nellie line that reminds me of Annie. Too bad that they are overseas and you can't get Sugar Nellie stamps here.
Miss you By Siameseplease

They really do not sell them anywhere in the US? That is too bad

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

This one:
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pro...

And this one:
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pro...

really remind me of Annie for some reason and I want them so bad! I wonder if Terri would also think that they are sort of like Annie, with the long hair, beautiful big eyes, and small build?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, I haven't been able to find them in the US. I don't remember the shipping being that high when I ordered from them to get the little guy on my card and Dale's prize for winning my challenge, but I do recall that it took a while to get them. International shipping can be so slow!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-04-10 05:29 PM

Gina...I like the pillow talk image.

Tracy...I joined that site and added you as a friend. That Joshua guy was so uplifting!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Ok, girls. I'm off to bed.

I added the three new Sugar Nellie stamps I want to my Amazon wishlist. My MIL, BIL, and SIL have all asked for a Christmas list, so I am compiling one on Amazon to email to them within the next week or so.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
Gina...I like the pillow talk image.

Tracy...I joined that site and added you as a friend. That Joshua guy was so uplifting!

I agree Dale.. I got chills when I read his prayer

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Ok, girls. I'm off to bed.

I added the three new Sugar Nellie stamps I want to my Amazon wishlist. My MIL, BIL, and SIL have all asked for a Christmas list, so I am compiling one on Amazon to email to them within the next week or so.

Very cool Gina...

I can totally see ANnie in those for sure... I love the little light of mine one.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-05-10 03:36 AM
In response to Tracy S.

morning...all I'm gonna say is it's Friday!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Happy Friday!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!

Dale, you need to do a happy dance, woman! It's Friday!

Tracy, there's few other images using the same character, but those two are my faves. I think they are precious and I want them!

Danni, how did it go for the boys last night?

Bren, thinking of you!

Hi, G and Terri!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Morning ladies, hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Yesterday was such a wonderful celebration of my Aunts life. My uncle was so precious, he just kept telling me that he sure will miss her. And that he sure did love her a lot! He was greeting everyone at the door and telling us all about the pictures, this one was 2 months before we got married, this one here she was in pain, she was probly sick but we didn't know it, etc. It was beautiful. The whole day was beautiful, the weather was amazing. Nov and 70 degrees at the gravesight. We had a beautiful time with family and friends that I had not seen for quite some time.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Tracy, you are in my thoughts today. And Jon. My prayers are with you.

Danni, hope you are doing OK.

Gina, Dale, G, Terri. Thinking about you all.

G, I started my Gertrude card before I left but it will be late. Sorry.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, I'm so glad you had a good weather day for the services. It sounds like they were truly a celebration, which I am sure your aunt would have appreciated.

Anybody heard from Danni?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Ladies, I am stoked! I have found articles and case studies to support 9/10 of the ideas. The 10th one is just eluding me and I may just have to say that I can't find anything. Now I just need to write up summaries of each article, as well as justifications for why they fit each particular category/idea. The meeting is on Monday at 2:00, so I don't feel quite so stressed now. I am actually going to take it home this weekend, where it's nice and quiet, and get started on writing it all up. At least, that's the plan. Woot woot! Wow, that was a lot of work, though, and not nearly as easy as I expected.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Tracy, John should be on his way to the office. Good luck to him!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Morning girls

DH lost his job this morning.

So that means God is opening a door to a new and better one, right? That is what we are believing for.

It feels so odd to both be without a job but God is in control.

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy... So sorry to hear that you and John are going through a stressful time! I believe with you that God will open doors of opportunity for a new and better job. I will pray that the new job will be something he likes and be happy to do. Our God is able!

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou

• Brenscraps Said:
Tracy, you are in my thoughts today. And Jon. My prayers are with you.

Danni, hope you are doing OK.

Gina, Dale, G, Terri. Thinking about you all.

G, I started my Gertrude card before I left but it will be late. Sorry.

Thanks for letting me know! I know you are busy with family. Enjoy your time with them!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Guylou

• Guylou Said:
Tracy... So sorry to hear that you and John are going through a stressful time! I believe with you that God will open doors of opportunity for a new and better job. I will pray that the new job will be something he likes and be happy to do. Our God is able!

Thanks G

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, girl, I don't even know what to say. I hope something new and wonderful falls into his lap soon, and let it be a job that pays enough so you don't have to work.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Tracy, girl, I don't even know what to say. I hope something new and wonderful falls into his lap soon, and let it be a job that pays enough so you don't have to work.

Ty Gina

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
Morning ladies, hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Yesterday was such a wonderful celebration of my Aunts life. My uncle was so precious, he just kept telling me that he sure will miss her. And that he sure did love her a lot! He was greeting everyone at the door and telling us all about the pictures, this one was 2 months before we got married, this one here she was in pain, she was probly sick but we didn't know it, etc. It was beautiful. The whole day was beautiful, the weather was amazing. Nov and 70 degrees at the gravesight. We had a beautiful time with family and friends that I had not seen for quite some time.

That is awesome that you all had a wonderful celebration and that you got to spend time with family that you have not seen in awhile.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, I am so sorry, I know this is so hard. I will pray for you both to find something you enjoy, that pays the bills, and that it is soon!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Thank you all for your prayers. I spoke at my aunts funeral and God gave me the peace to do so! I am glad I did so and followed his urging.
I had a good time with family. I left my parents at my Bro and his wifes for a couple of days, they will come back here on Sunday or Monday.

And I just got home, and had to check here first!!!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-05-10 02:13 PM

Hey girls!

Tracy...In all things Give Thanks...Believing God will bless your family beyond measure!!

Gina..WOOHOO on the 9/10...you go girl. We had a nice week this week with the one worker being out. They sent over a new hire and she is already doing better than the one that we've had problems with. Wish we could keep the new girl!

Bren...I'm sure your Aunt would be so happy at the Celebration of her life. I hope that Phillip could say the same for me...I know I could for him. Enjoy your family!!

Danni...waiting to hear how the boys held up.

G...Is Ziggy any better...going down?

Terri...I miss you!!!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
Thank you all for your prayers. I spoke at my aunts funeral and God gave me the peace to do so! I am glad I did so and followed his urging.
I had a good time with family. I left my parents at my Bro and his wifes for a couple of days, they will come back here on Sunday or Monday.

And I just got home, and had to check here first!!!

that is so awesome Bren!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
Hey girls!

Tracy...In all things Give Thanks...Believing God will bless your family beyond measure!!

Gina..WOOHOO on the 9/10...you go girl. We had a nice week this week with the one worker being out. They sent over a new hire and she is already doing better than the one that we've had problems with. Wish we could keep the new girl!

Bren...I'm sure your Aunt would be so happy at the Celebration of her life. I hope that Phillip could say the same for me...I know I could for him. Enjoy your family!!

Danni...waiting to hear how the boys held up.

G...Is Ziggy any better...going down?

Terri...I miss you!!!

TY Dale- We are believing that too

Gina I am soooo sorry I meant to say earlier congrats on finding the 9 case studies! Woot.. I know that was a stressor for you.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Hi, ladies. I got home tonight and crashed! I fell asleep on the couch for over two hours and I'm still tired. Darned this Vitamin D deficiency and what it's doing...it's totally messing me up.

Still waiting to hear from Danni. I'm concerned about her and the boys. I don't want to text, just in case they are in the middle of dealing with some stuff, KWIM? Has anybody heard from her?

Dale, wish you could have kept the new girl, too!

Bren, enjoy your visit with your parents when they come back into town. I hope you can get some rest tomorrow, but something tells me you'll be running around like a crazy woman.

Hi, G, Tracy, and Terri!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to tell you. My manager was out today. They unexpectedly had to put her cat to sleep. They woke up and there was blood throughout the house. They found the cat and she was bleeding from her mouth and nose, so they took her to the vet, where they found out that she had a tumor in her throat and it ruptured. This is the third of their beloved pets that they've lost in the last two years. Isn't it sad?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

G, I did my blog post for your challenge. Let me know if you want me to change anything:
http://ginasgorillaspeak.blogspot.com/2010/11/time-to-r...

Mom2AnnieLiam
Queen
Mom2AnnieLiam

Hello my friends. I'm so sorry that I haven't been around. My first thing to say is that I am so sad for all the loss in some of your lives and Tracy, well, I can only imagine that it has been a rough day. I think you have an amazing positive attitude and that will pull you through. My hugs to each and every one of you!

Seeing all the love and support over the past 15 pages has made me realize I have got to make time to be a part of the group again. I miss you all and will do better!

There is no real good reason for my abscence, it's just been sort of crazy busy here. As you know I'm working two days a week, but I do alot of my work from home the other days and we are in cosntant email communication so I"m doing stuff all the time. It's good though. I like it! I've been trying to pull myself away from doing stuff at school but somehow that isn't working. I have been getting the t-shirt sales in order, plus we have book fair at the end of this month. Add to that, the extra gardening we've been doing. The principal asked a friend and I if we could clean up the gardens at the school. They have such beautiful plants but no one has tended to them, so we've been doing that.

Liam and Annie are well. They both went out for Halloween. Annie was "dice". She decided at the last minute to go out so she made one out of a box. Was cute. Liam was some stormtrooper thing from Star Wars. Cheap, tacky costume from Walmart, but he loved it.

He had his first report card and it was great. Annie gets hers next week , but we've already had some marks from the teachers. She's doing ok, not great, in most. She is excelling in Science (who knew) and French. THIS is so important here so I'm happy. She was upset with her Math mark. She had done really well, but bombed on one test so her average plummetted. She actually went and spoke to the teacher herself today to discuss it. I don't mind the bad mark because I can see how it bothers her and she is very serious about getting a better one!

Dave and I are good.
Liam is skating really well so we hope to move him into hockey soon.

Tracy, my parents were in Houston last week, well, rather Katy. We all find it hilarious that my brother has found an arena and a hockey league for my nephew to play in. It can't be that common in Texas, I'd imagine.

Other then that, not much to report.

I will try to keep up with the galleries better. Even though I have no desire to create, I still love to look at your work.

Oh...went to Ikea today. They has some really cute Christmas stuff! Loved it!

Page 3 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics