Page 4 of 84 
Username Post: ***The Scrappin Derelicts COF*** Closed and Active        (Topic#1545745)
Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Mom2AnnieLiam

Gina sorry about your vitamin D deficiency giving you issues. I know it sucks to just get so tired like that.. I get that way with my thyroid at times.

That is sooooo sad about your manager and her cat and other animals.. dang. That would make me reluctant to get any more I think.

Terri it is so good to see you girl. That is cool Liam is skating well.

and yeah we have a few hockey rinks around.. we do have a local team ya know That is cool your brother found one for your nephew.

Glad to hear ANnie is doing well and wanting to do better.

Heather really was.. she got her report card and it was 2 A's and the rest B's then once she realized she was getting an Iphone from that.. RIGHT after the report card her grades plummeted FAST. She already has an F in one class and has so many in completes.. She will learn the hard way I guess. *sigh*

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

Hi Terri, we miss you girl. So glad to hear everything is alright. I know how easy it is to drop out of sight for a while. Glad to see you back. No worries on my gallery girl. Just pop in to chat when you can! Glad the kids are doing well and you are enjoying your work.

Tracy, I guess when she loses the iphone she will bring them back up!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Brenscraps

i think I am going to color some images. Maybe relax or take a bath, hmmmm, color or bath. or both!!! night all!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Hey, girls. Having a rough night. Did the journaling for another Rick memorial LO, but haven't started the LO yet. I just had the urge to get the feelings out. I think what I heard somewhere is right...the second year is harder than the first, and I'm only about 6 weeks into it. Sheesh.

Terri, it's good to see you here, girl. I'll reply more to your post later. I only popped in for a sec, while I was already here on the computer, doing my journaling.

Bren, enjoy your relaxing night. You deserve it!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to siameseplease

Gina BIG hugs to you
Tracy I'm so sorry about John's job hugs to you as well.
Bren congrats on speaking at your uncles service,I don't like public speaking either.
Terri good to see you here again,glad everything is ok up your way.
Hi G & Daleeeo!
The boys did ok Thurs & Fri. I'm glad I followed your advice b/c Thursday night was good for them & they didn't regret it. I was back from the parents peer leadership meeting b4 they were back from the viewing,there was a huge turnout. You just never realize how many lives one person can effect,especially if you are as kind & caring as he was. Yesterday at the funeral they let people talk about their memories or whatever & I was surprised how the girls spoke more & the boys didn't. There were only like 3 boys that got up there, I'm not going to talk about this anymore though b/c Gina I love you girl & am not sure if it would bother you at this point or not.
Last night I was running errands,uggg. Had to get a few things for the Penn State game Nick is going to today. It's a chance of flurries up that way so he needed gloves & thermal long johns. Plus I needed a flashlight & poncho for Seth's cub scout camping trip next weekend. I have been sooooo busy,but I honestly think I do better staying busy like this.
I'll be here today,will only have Seth & his lil friend Zack here,dh's teaching & Kody is at Austin's so I might get to scrap,that would be nice. Have a great day ladies!!! I'll be back early afternoon & thank you soooooo much for the prayers,also for being concerned for me last night. Gina,am I rubbing off on you girl

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Danielle S

Oh I spoke to my cousin Thursday & asked why they weren't going to do an autopsy on my uncle,seeing as though he was not overridden w/cancer & he said the doc said that he was in advanced stage cancer & that he was sick Mon & Tues & was coughing up alot of blood,which in turn gave him a blood clot,which is what they think killed him. I'm just worried for my aunt,this is the one who suffers from depression as it is,also the one who has the boy who's been in & out of jail w/the heroin problem. I just hope he doesn't use this as an excuse to pick up again,not sure if my Aunt can take it anymore. Dh & I are going down there Mon morning-he didn't want a funeral so it's a celebration of his life. SO I won't be around that day at all.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Good morning, ladies!

Danni, thanks for your concern, girlie, but talking about funerals and what happens at them does not bother me in the least. In fact, I'm one of those morbid people who is interested in social stuff and death, how people feel about it, how they react, etc. I took a class on death and dying in college and I blame it all on that class. It was taught by a very forward thinking priest and it was fascinating. Anyway, I don't mind hearing more if you want to talk about it. I'm glad you let the boys go, especially if you think it helped them. I hope they can get back to normalcy soon. Poor kids. As for your uncle, I feel so badly for your aunt. I hope her son does not slip back into heroin abuse or any other drug for that matter. Does your aunt want an autopsy? Is it bothering her that they didn't do one? They often don't in cancer patients. When Rick died, I wanted him to have one. I wanted to know everything that was going on. He'd also had some medical complaints and I wanted to know if they found anything to go with those complaints. I am the type who must know every tidbit of info so I can process it. I didn't even have to ask, though. In the state of MD, every accidental death in the home is automatic for an autopsy, especially in someone as young as Rick. Rick's dad was so upset, though. He didn't tell me, but he told my SIL, and as you know, she can't keep her mouth shut and has no judgement. Therefore, she told me that Dad was really upset by it, because he thought it was undignified to his son's body and that it was disrespectful. Personally, I know that Rick was fascinated with that stuff and he was probably watching the whole darned thing. LOL.

Anyway, I did not get to bed til after 4:30 this morning. Then I woke up at 8:00 to banging, lots of banging. Guess what? The vacant house attached to mine has sold! The crew foreman told me in pretty broken English that they are taking off the front deck, that nasty back room that my neighbor had put on illegally, and replacing the siding, then they are moving inside to demo in there. Woot woot! Now let's just hope for my sake and that of the neighborhood that it's either a nice person/family moving in after remodeling or that they will sell it to some nice person/family. I am stoked!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oh, and please also hope for my sake that my house does not get damaged. Since we are attached, any work that they do on the exterior can really impact my house. The interior work shouldn't hurt anything, unless they flood it, hit a line, or burn it down. Outside, though, when they go to pull of his siding and this room on the back of the house, they could inadvertently catch mine. They could mistakenly toss wood that hits my house or deck, etc. I hope the exterior demo work is mainly done this weekend, so I can see! I am also stoked because if this is a good person who doesn't end up trashing the place again (why would they fix it up and then do that, though? Unless they sell to someone who does it...), then it will also increase the value of my house. A realtor had told me once that their place really detracted from the value of mine, since they are attached and theirs was so nasty.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Oh, and part of the way I deal with this death at a young age thing is that I tell myself that maybe each of us is put here to achieve something. Whether that be to facilitate something in someone else's life or just to do certain things, each of us has a purpose in life. Every life is necessary and had some purpose. When I think about how young Rick was when he died, I also remember how the funeral home was so full that people had to go outside, and I think to myself that he touched all of those lives and maybe that was his purpose. Maybe his purpose was to touch all of those lives and mine in a way that only he could. Now that purpose is done, he is gone, and our lives are richer for him being in it the time that he was. Does that make sense?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Despite my multiple posts this morning, I am not in a chatty mood at all. In fact, my head is killing me and this banging isn't helping. At least it's for a positive result, so I will deal, but I'm going to go try to relax for a bit. I'm feeling reclusive today.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

morning ladies. Slept til 8. That is sleeping in for me! Gene is just crawling out of bed now.
Gina, I really want to meet you in real life some day! You have such a wonderful outlook on life. I will hug you when I do, and it may just be extended! Just a warning!
Danni, glad it all went well. hugs to you as well!
Well, I just really want to meet everyone of you in real life one day!!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hey Gina, check out this card. It yelled Gina at me!
http://katharina1704.blogspot.com/

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Oh, and part of the way I deal with this death at a young age thing is that I tell myself that maybe each of us is put here to achieve something. Whether that be to facilitate something in someone else's life or just to do certain things, each of us has a purpose in life. Every life is necessary and had some purpose. When I think about how young Rick was when he died, I also remember how the funeral home was so full that people had to go outside, and I think to myself that he touched all of those lives and maybe that was his purpose. Maybe his purpose was to touch all of those lives and mine in a way that only he could. Now that purpose is done, he is gone, and our lives are richer for him being in it the time that he was. Does that make sense?

Gina that is an awesome theory and beautifully said.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
morning ladies. Slept til 8. That is sleeping in for me! Gene is just crawling out of bed now.
Gina, I really want to meet you in real life some day! You have such a wonderful outlook on life. I will hug you when I do, and it may just be extended! Just a warning!
Danni, glad it all went well. hugs to you as well!
Well, I just really want to meet everyone of you in real life one day!!!

LOL I had to laugh at your extended hug comment Bren..lol You know that day when we all actually meet for a retreat ( it will happen one day.. I just know it) We will have to attack Gina with a prolonged group hug..LMBO She would punch us all..lol

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Danni I am glad it went well and that you will get to go be with your aunt. I will be praying for her and your cousin too. God can use this for good. Maybe He will speak to them through all of this and draw them closer to Him.

That is awesome that Andrew was able to touch soooo many people in such a short time.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

anyway good morning.. errr afternoon at this point.

John and I got up this morning early and went in to help get Centerstage ( the kid's ministry building) back in order for church tomorrow.. with the flood that happened the floors are ripped out and so far up the wall.. the stage was dismantled and stuff from the Fall Festival was everywhere. We had fun though.. It was us... Melissa and her hubby and 12 yr old son and the pastor helped for about 45 minutes..lol

Then Melissa and her hubby took us to lunch at this yummy Italian place. It has been a GORGEOUS day outside too. DH was tired so he came home and is napping now.

we have a birthday party for his niece to go to tomorrow evening. I think she is turning 21. Where does the time go? sheeeesh she was only like 11 or so when I first moved here. Now she is a woman.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Tracy S.

I agree w/you 100% Gina,as in everyones life has a purpose,rather we see it or not:) I too am not in a talkative mood today,pulled a dumb*ss move this am while running errands & have felt c r a p p y about it all day. I'm just exhausted & plan on going to bed early tonight.
Have a great day!
Tracy is John looking for another route?

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-06-10 01:34 PM

Hey girls...must be something in the air because I don't feel like talking either. Almost didn't post this. just one of those day...not a bad one..just blah. Got a call that they need me to sing tonight so wasn't expecting that...Oh well...they get what they get. maybe it will perk me up getting out of the house. LUGs!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to WILLA

Good luck tonight Dale. hugs to you all. I think we are all in a bit of a funk, but rightly so!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Danielle S Said:
I agree w/you 100% Gina,as in everyones life has a purpose,rather we see it or not:) I too am not in a talkative mood today,pulled a dumb*ss move this am while running errands & have felt c r a p p y about it all day. I'm just exhausted & plan on going to bed early tonight.
Have a great day!
Tracy is John looking for another route?

No he can't work for Frito no.

He will look for another job but has to wait till at least Monday.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
Hey girls...must be something in the air because I don't feel like talking either. Almost didn't post this. just one of those day...not a bad one..just blah. Got a call that they need me to sing tonight so wasn't expecting that...Oh well...they get what they get. maybe it will perk me up getting out of the house. LUGs!!

Go nail it girl!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Bren did you get any images colored?

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

all around group hugs

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Well, I won't punch you all for the extended group hug, but I might have a few snarky remarks. They're more my style. LOL.

Dale, I hope it went well with the singing tonight! I hope it brought you out of your funk. I hate this feeling in a funk stuff. It sucks.

Danni, Whatever dumb @ss move it was, I am sure your intentions weren't malicious or mean. If the person knew you, they know that. How are the boys tonight?

Bren, that card is adorable! I saw something where they'd made a heart out of pink buttons. I am going to have to try those...a card with a button tree and one with a button heart, that is. I'm glad you got to sleep in today!

Tracy, good luck to John. I feel so badly for you guys. I am glad you had a good time today and got your mind off of the stress for a bit.

Terri, you know we want to see pics of Liam skating! As for Annie and school, I'm glad to see that she is motivated to do better, but I hope she doesn't get herself too worked up. She tends to take things really hard, from what it sounds like. As for you and helping out with the school stuff and not being able to get out of it, you are sounding like me with the firehouse! Sheesh, girl.

G, how are you today?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I didn't do much of anything today at all. After last night, I was grumpy and feeling tired and down. So, I basically spent most of the day on the couch. I napped off and on, read my book a bit, or just laid there. Then I decided I couldn't totally waste the day, so I cleaned up my bedroom and my scrap area. I cannot wait to get my shelves in here now. No matter what I do, it still looks like a tornado hit because there's no place to put anything. I've got boxes and bags everywhere. I tried to consolidate a bit tonight. Danni, you're getting a bunch of stuff when I come see you. You can share with your mom. I cleaned out some of my paper stash and have gotten some stuff in RAKs and things that I think you might like.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Hey Gina

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

I did some paper comparisons for the copic class. I am gonna post the shot here. What a diff. Gina, did you ever try coloring on the Neenah that the images I sent were stamped on?

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-06-10 07:11 PM

Well we're home. I made it to the next round. Tj and his friends came tonight and we had a blast doing Karoake. TJ is just crazy!! I needed that too...he even swung me around the dance floor. LOL

Tracy...can John sign up for unemployment?

Gina...We will make you an extended hugger yet. LOL

Danni...We all do dumb things at one time or another. Tomorrow is a new day and it will be in the past...leave it there! LUG!

G...Are you working this weekend?

Bren...Did you get to relax today?

Terri....so glad to hear what's going on at your house. I miss hearing about Annie and Liam. LUG!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to WILLA

Here are my pictures. This is an exercise for the copic class some of us are taking. I really see the difference in the colors and the bleeding. I thought you might like to see the difference.

testing papers #2 By Brenscraps

testing papers By Brenscraps

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

It was relaxing to color in my room.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Congrats Dale, what did you sing?

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-06-10 07:49 PM

Hey Bren..wanna check out those pics a little closer.
In the karaoke part I sang Forever and Ever Amen, and Crocodile Rock. For the contest I sang...He Hung the Moon and Take off those rags Lazarus.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Good morning, Derelicts!

Congrats, Dale. Of course, we've heard you sing on youtube and I don't think any of us are surprised that you got to move on to the next round. I'm glad you had a good time!

Bren, I have not colored in a few days at least, so I haven't tried the Neenah paper yet. I know that I see color differences between my GP and the Gina K. Gina K is much more true to the actual copic color, IMO, but it's a bit harder to blend until you get the hang of it. Once the color is dry on it, it's dry, and I find it's hard to blend it in at that point. Therefore, you learn really quickly how to color fast or in what order to color. LOL. However, I love the Gina K and the look the finished images have. I will try your images soon...maybe one evening this week, because I didn't schedule crazy plans this week like I did last week.

Ok, I am off to feed my cats, then go get my mom for our day trip to York, PA. BB at some point tonight to check in! Have a great day. I hope everyone's day is MUCH better than yesterday!

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to WILLA

Morning ladies!

Someone forgot to tell the dogs to sleep an extra hour since we put the clock back an hour!! Ugghh!! I still love them!!

I am also sending a big to everyone. Please know that I am surrounding you all with prayers.

Dale... Ziggy is still there. I need to make time to go see my regular doctor to look at other treatment options. Love the songs you sang, especially the Take off those rags Lazarus. Did you win?

Brenda... I have only one kind of cardstock so I could not really do that exercise. I can see the difference on your samples though. Well done! Looking forward to the next class (Tuesday right?).

Gina... Hope you are feeling better today. I am sure you are looking forward to your visit with Danni.

Danni... Do you have something plan for when Gina is coming?

Tracy... Did you talk to Kim on CDAC? She and her husband might know of some employment that would fit John in their line of business. BTW, what does John want and like to do? We have a small office in Houston, I could look to see if they have anything available.

Terri... so good to see a post from you and to know that everything is ok. I agree with you, this group is so supportive and wonderful.

Ok.. gotta go do the grocery and then I have a few images I would like to draw. I got some wonderful suggestions on CDAC which inspired me!

Have a great day! LUG!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 06:34 AM
In response to Guylou

Good Morning....PTL for this time change. I love it!!!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to WILLA

morning ladies. I love you all this Sunday morning!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

OK ladies, here is a cool freebie image.
http://www.kennykdownloads.com/

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Morning!
Gina have fun today w/your mom! What will you be doing in York? Dh & I are going down tomorrow for the funeral or whatever it is called. I think maybe Celebration of his life.
Terri what did you guys get up to this weekend? Good to see you here again
Tracy that would be cool if G could pull some strings for John.
Dale so glad to hear you had a great night. I love those songs you sang,actually the first 2,never heards of the hyms before.
G can't wait to see your new images.
Bren thanks for sharing the coloring on diff papers,I need to order some one day.
Here was the dolt move I made yesterday...I was in a hurry to drop off Kody's stuff to him & make it to my work to drop off some things then get back home b4 my dad got here so I had alot on my mind & wasn't thinking clearly,I guess. Anyway,I'm driving to Kody's friend's house & I see this lil girl(at the most 4 yrs old) clutching a stuffed bear,her face was dirty,like either she was crying or just unkept,crossing the road by herself. She was walking in town alone. I stopped up the road & Kody met me outside. I saw her in my mirror just walking,I had a gut feeling to ask her if she was lost but didn't follow it. So I go to work & tell my boss about it & she told me I need to call the cops b/c I could never live w/myself if something happened to her. So I did call & report it,even went back that way on my way home but couldn't find her. I felt awful! What the H E L L was I thinking?!!! I called our cop friend,he wasn't on duty but he said he'd let me know if he heard anything & that he hates people like me that call but don't stay w/the child. I felt like the biggest piece o shite. Called my mom bawling,just prayed nothing happened to her. I called Kody & told him to call me if he sees her again so I know she's ok. He told me that he sees lil kids alone all the time on the streets. And to relax. I can't fathom someone letting their child that small walk the streets alone. Anyway he called me an hour ago & said he saw her today so she's fine. PTL!!! I'll never do that again. Meaning not stop & see if the child is lost or stay w/her til the cops get there.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S

Btw GIna yea to your scraps!! I'm working on my mom's calendar now,I got 3 pages done yesterday.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

hey girls.

Danni- don't beat yourself up girl... You just know what to do next time girl. Thank God she is OK, and you know that.. so you can rest assured.

Dale- YAY! you go girl

Bren love you back.

Gina I hope your day looks up and you get out of the funk.

We are about to run my electric skillet up to the police station up the road to my SIL. She needs it to make dinner for all of us for Kristy's birthday today.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Guylou

• Guylou Said:
Morning ladies!

Someone forgot to tell the dogs to sleep an extra hour since we put the clock back an hour!! Ugghh!! I still love them!!

I am also sending a big to everyone. Please know that I am surrounding you all with prayers.

Dale... Ziggy is still there. I need to make time to go see my regular doctor to look at other treatment options. Love the songs you sang, especially the Take off those rags Lazarus. Did you win?

Brenda... I have only one kind of cardstock so I could not really do that exercise. I can see the difference on your samples though. Well done! Looking forward to the next class (Tuesday right?).

Gina... Hope you are feeling better today. I am sure you are looking forward to your visit with Danni.

Danni... Do you have something plan for when Gina is coming?

Tracy... Did you talk to Kim on CDAC? She and her husband might know of some employment that would fit John in their line of business. BTW, what does John want and like to do? We have a small office in Houston, I could look to see if they have anything available.

Terri... so good to see a post from you and to know that everything is ok. I agree with you, this group is so supportive and wonderful.

Ok.. gotta go do the grocery and then I have a few images I would like to draw. I got some wonderful suggestions on CDAC which inspired me!

Have a great day! LUG!

G, I am not sure.. he has a lot of skills.. He has an Associates in some kind of computer stuff.. not sure what it entails though. What does your Houston office do?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Hey, ladies. I'm home! Tired, but home. I'm going to take a nap and then tackle at least one load of laundry so I have pants to wear to work this week.

Danni, it's okay, girl. Consider it a learning experience. Everything turned out fine and now you know that in the future, your dad or whomever can just wait while you handle the little one. It bugs the heck out of me when they are alone, too. Like Kody, I have seen it entirely too much. My mom asked for a calendar this year. I gave her one for two years, then didn't give her one last year. She said she wants one, so now I have to go on the hunt for pictures to put in it. I need to make one for my gram, too. Good luck with your mom's...sounds like you are on a roll with it already!

G, I am going to Danni's mom's house to meet up with her there and hang with her family for a bit. It should be fun! I already know that I like her mom and Nick. I haven't spent much time with Shane, Kody, or Seth, but I know I'll love them, too.

Tracy, have fun at the birthday party!

Dale, what's next with the singing contest?

Bren, are you ready for your parents to come back today or tomorrow? How long are they staying? I know you love having them with you.

Hey, Terri!

So, mom and I had a good day minus the complication of the stupid headache I've had for most of the afternoon. We went to a doll and teddy bear show and let me tell you, I was loving life. I got some great deals and we got my mom a new doll for her Madame Alexander collection, so she was happy. I got some cute animals to add to my collection. Tracy, I got a blue monkey! He's so cool!

Anyway, I am off to nap for a bit. TTYL

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

BTW, G, I had to laugh at the thing with the dogs. I forgot about the time change and I was up an hour early this morning, too. So was my mom. I was supposed to pick her up at 8:30. She said she didn't realize it was 7:30, not 8:30, and she went to the window and watched for me for 15 minutes. When I still didn't show, she picked up her cell to call me and saw the time. Duh! LOL

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Gina glad you had a great time with your mom and got some awesome deals, don't you just love that?

That is funny about the time change..lol

Take a pic of your blue monkey.. even if you text it to me.. I wanna see!! I wanna see!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

I have a question for you girls that have refills for Copics? Does anyone own E55 and if so are you willing to refill my marker if I send it to you and send you like a buck and a self addressed stamp envie to send it back to me? I think it will still be cheaper than ordering the refill and paying shipping.. Mine needs it badly and I use that color a lot

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Gina this card looks like you
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1836513 ...

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, that card is CUTE. I have E55 refill. I wonder if there's a container that might work better for me to just dump some into it and send it to you? Then, how would you get it into your marker, though?

I didn't do any laundry tonight and just don't feel like it. I'm still in a bummer mood, despite my good day. I think it's just been one of those weekends, KWIM? I'm also a bit worried about my meeting tomorrow at 2:00. I think I did what they wanted...I know I worked hard enough on it...but I can't really be too sure. I still need tomorrow morning to put all of the summaries together, too. I'm just nervous, I guess.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

hey ladies. just ate dinner. hubby made it. I did some cleaning. cleaned 3 toilets! Really Gene and I don't need 3! Now I need to fold some laundry.

Danni, don't beat yourself up, we have all done stuff like that. Tracy, praying for Jon's job situation. Gina, glad you are stoked about the project. I am sure it will be awesome!!

Gina, my mom and dad are coming tomorrow.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 06:01 PM

hey girls...checking in again. I can't seem to get warm tonight. Bumped the heat up and have my gown and heavy fuzzy robe on and socks on my feet. I even slept with my toe socks on last night. LOL

Tracy...I don't have any refills or i would be happy to refill it for you. I haven't tried that yet and probably won't. I'll just get a new marker. Seems I don't ever get a chance to color anyway. Wouldn't have it any other way though....love my babies!!!

Gina...I want to see the monkey too!

Bren...I can't keep 2 clean much less three. LOL What did Gene cook for you. We had crock pot chicken and dressing for lunch...went to McDonalds for supper.

Danni...How cold are you there? We had snow pretty close to us...about 40 miles away.

G....Awesome job on the new images. You just keep getting better and better, Wish I had the time to really help promote more for you. I love doing stuff like that.

Terri...How cold are you?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to WILLA

Hey, girls.

Bren, I'm not stoked at all...I'm nervous!!! I'm meeting with two of the bigwig docs tomorrow to share the things I found and work I did and I'm nervous that it's not what they want. We'll see, I guess. Anyway, you can come clean my bathrooms, if you like. I was just looking at them tonight and thinking that I need to clean them tomorrow evening or Wed.

Dale, I wonder why you can't get warm, girlie?

Ok, I am off to bed. Hopefully, I can sleep. LUG! Goodnight!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 07:21 PM

hey and night Gina.

Look at this card...beautiful!
Mini tilda card

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Tracy, that card is CUTE. I have E55 refill. I wonder if there's a container that might work better for me to just dump some into it and send it to you? Then, how would you get it into your marker, though?

I didn't do any laundry tonight and just don't feel like it. I'm still in a bummer mood, despite my good day. I think it's just been one of those weekends, KWIM? I'm also a bit worried about my meeting tomorrow at 2:00. I think I did what they wanted...I know I worked hard enough on it...but I can't really be too sure. I still need tomorrow morning to put all of the summaries together, too. I'm just nervous, I guess.

I am sure you will nail it and exceed their expectations girl! I understand the nervousness though, that is normal.. but I know you will do so good. When you nail it maybe it will bring your mood up too.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
hey ladies. just ate dinner. hubby made it. I did some cleaning. cleaned 3 toilets! Really Gene and I don't need 3! Now I need to fold some laundry.

Danni, don't beat yourself up, we have all done stuff like that. Tracy, praying for Jon's job situation. Gina, glad you are stoked about the project. I am sure it will be awesome!!

Gina, my mom and dad are coming tomorrow.

Thanks Bren... John and I both appreciate the prayers!

and 3 bathrooms?? Dang

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate the encouragement.

Dale, that card is fabulous! I have that tiny Tilda stamp and that card inspires me to try something with her repeating on a scene like that.

Really, I am going to bed now. I'm hoping to do some coloring or creating tomorrow night. I forgot to tell you girls that my mom found me a bunch of snowmen stamps at a yard sale. Some of them are really cute. Others are just okay, but she did good! I was happy to think of something I could tell her to get for me. She loves to buy me little things because her budget is so limited but she loves to give us stuff, so she kept talking about what things she could get for me at yard sales and flea markets. At first, she was bringing home bunches of stuff that I didn't want but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. So, I told her to bring home stamps, ribbon, and buttons. Now she hunts for those and has fun doing it. She got me something like ten stamps for less than $5.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Dale- I loved your toe socks.. so cute! I love toe socks when it is super cold. I hope you can warm up.. I hate the feeling of me being so cold it is like my bones are cold and I can't warm up.

Maybe you just need some good ol fashion cuddling with your honey to warm you up

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 07:30 PM
In response to WILLA

Love this one too!

Link

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
hey and night Gina.

Look at this card...beautiful!
Mini tilda card

HOLY SMOKES the coloring on that card is phenomenal!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate the encouragement.

Dale, that card is fabulous! I have that tiny Tilda stamp and that card inspires me to try something with her repeating on a scene like that.

Really, I am going to bed now. I'm hoping to do some coloring or creating tomorrow night. I forgot to tell you girls that my mom found me a bunch of snowmen stamps at a yard sale. Some of them are really cute. Others are just okay, but she did good! I was happy to think of something I could tell her to get for me. She loves to buy me little things because her budget is so limited but she loves to give us stuff, so she kept talking about what things she could get for me at yard sales and flea markets. At first, she was bringing home bunches of stuff that I didn't want but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. So, I told her to bring home stamps, ribbon, and buttons. Now she hunts for those and has fun doing it. She got me something like ten stamps for less than $5.

You are welcome girl! I really believe you will do awesome! Just go in and sell it! I can see you selling them on something they weren't even wanting though..lol You have mad skills with words.

That is so cool that you and your mom found a compromise.. YAY to stamps and no more Pooh Bears..lol

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 07:33 PM
In response to Tracy S.

• Tracy S. Said:
Dale- I loved your toe socks.. so cute! I love toe socks when it is super cold. I hope you can warm up.. I hate the feeling of me being so cold it is like my bones are cold and I can't warm up.

Maybe you just need some good ol fashion cuddling with your honey to warm you up

LOL...I've already had him rubbing my feet with his warm hands. If he goes to bed before me I always have him lay on my side to warm it up before I get there...he is like a heater.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
Love this one too!

Link

I LOVE That card.. for two reasons.. I love candy canes for decorations and that is one of my fav Tildas.. she is just so darlin to me.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to WILLA

• WILLA Said:
  • Tracy S. Said:

LOL...I've already had him rubbing my feet with his warm hands. If he goes to bed before me I always have him lay on my side to warm it up before I get there...he is like a heater.

aweeee he is such a sweet man

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

you need some of those hunting things Dale.. the little heat pouches you can stick down in your socks ans stuff. I used to know what they were called. My Ex husband was a hunter.. but can't think of it right now.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 07:47 PM
In response to Tracy S.

I know what you are talking about. Might have to try them. LOL

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-07-10 07:49 PM
In response to WILLA

K...gonna head to bed. Night derelicts!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-08-10 04:37 AM
In response to WILLA

Happy Monday morning....I am loving this time change!!!

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to WILLA

Happy Monday! GOod luck today Gina! Cool on your mom scoring some stamps,waaaay better than the Winnie the Pooh,huh? lol
Dale refilling markers is soooo easy girl & more economical.
Tracy I don't have that refill,sorry:(
Bren 3 toilets,blech!
Going to start off my crazy day,dh didn't home from work til 4 am so I'm letting him sleep for awhile b4 heading down the road.
I'll ci tomorrow at some point,work a double so don't worry if I'm not around til Wed.
And the boys are doing good.
Andrew's mother wants his buddies to go to her house on the 17th to celebrate his birthday,do you think that's weird?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Good morning! I'm in a cranky mood today. I wanted to CI before I get started on writing up these summaries.

Danni, 4:00 in the morning? Yuck! Poor guy! And yes, stamps are much better than tons of Winnie the Pooh things! As for Andrew's mom, I don't think it's weird. Everyone grieves in their own way. On Rick's birthday, his family got together and had cake while I was away at Busch Gardens. I've heard of a lot of people doing that, actually. I mean, heck, I went to Busch Gardens to "celebrate" Rick's! I consider it to be a memorial service of sorts. However, I also think that it's important for Kody and Nick to grieve in their own way, and if they are not comfy going, then they should tell her that. Not in those words, but tell her that it's too hard for them right now to attend and it doesn't mean they miss Andrew any less.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Dale, are you warmer today? Do you have a heated mattress pad on your bed? Rick's mom got us a dual control one for Christmas one year. I love it. Each side has its own control. Rick was always cold, so he'd set his to some crazy number like 5, while mine was always on 1 or 2. That card you linked was cute. I don't have a candy cane like that, but I have a big lollipop that's intended to be one that a Tilda or similar figure can sit on. Do you want me to stamp it off for you?

Tracy, thanks again for the compliment. I sold security systems for something like 6 months. I had the top sell rate in our office, but believe it or not, I hate sales.

Anyway, I have to get to work now! I'm hoping to get these summaries typed up before lunch so I can enjoy my lunch without worrying about it.

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou

Morning ladies!

Tracy.. I think the Houston office is most Customer service.

Dale... that mini tilda card is a master piece.

I have another busy day ahead; so I have to go! Have a great Monday!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Guylou

morning ladies. I love that extra hour, can I have one every weekend please?
I missed you all yesterday, went to fold laundry and forgot to come back!! And left all my sights up and cards ready to load.
So Gene made me Shrimp, mushroom, onion, cheese fajitas for dinner last night. Yummo!! Today I am meeting a cousin that missed the funeral but came through the day I cam home for lunch.
I didn't tell you guys the drama the one doc gave me while I was off. had calls on Wed and Thurs the day of the funeral. Let my boss handle it. He was ticked. Called her a brat!! hehehe. Was really irritated and hurt though that they can't let me have a couple days bereavement when I work so hard for them!! Anyways, took me this long to talk about it!!!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

Dale, Gene is a heater like that. He also sweats like crazy though.
Gina, girl you are going to be wonderful!!!
Tracy, Danni, prayers for you both today. Diff reasons, but prayers none the less!
G, Terri, have a great Monday!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps

memories By Brenscraps

Sweet holidays By Brenscraps

Magnolia Fall Fold card By Brenscraps

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Cute cards, Bren! I am so ticked at that doc. You know, I've been told a time or two that they are like children and need their hands held. Then I hear stories like that and think that sometimes, it's true. That's ridiculous! I think your boss should have told her how inappropriate that behavior was, and how it's not tolerated.

I'm still typing up these summaries. They're kickin' my butt and I probably won't be done before lunch. I might just keep crankin' them out and take my lunch late. TTYL!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Morning girls.

Danni prayers are with you girl. Have safe travels.

Bren that is straight stupid. I would have been ticked too.

Gina I bet you will be SO glad when that project is done. It is givin you fits.

Daleo- heyyyyy girl! Lovin the extra sleep eh? I hear ya.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Well, ladies, I didn't kill it, but I guess I did a good job (or so they said). All of that stuff I looked up and they're only using about a tenth of it, but that's the way it works in research, so I am not bothered by that. Now I have more to look up and do before Friday. It's all good, though. I'm getting excited because we achieved a lot in the meeting today and I can see an end in sight! LOL.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

That is good Gina...

Glad you did good.. I knew you would

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

we just went and turned in our cable boxes... that will save us 80 bucks a month.

Those bastards charge you $17.00 to downgrade.. is that not totally absurd or is it just me? Sheesh
We downgraded to just internet.. they have a special where for 6 months we get it at $29.95 a month. So we turned off the TV and kept internet.

Time to hit the library for lots O books and free movies. We are waiting for them to shut it off to see if these old TV's are gonna even get signal.. we will see.

Then we went and got a few groceries.

we are gonna have tacos tonight... cheap and easy

I actually got an image colored.. woot! Now if I can just get it to a card we might be in business.

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-08-10 03:53 PM
In response to Tracy S.

hey girls...not a bad day at all.

Tracy...we don't have cable and we get about 15-20 channels but we have a good antenna. DH is threatening to cut all our phones off. LOL Our contract is up in March...we'll see. i think he is gonna drop the kids off our plan. I think I asked before...can't remember....can John not draw unemployment...or is he ineligible since they let him go. I would try.

Gina...you go girl!!! I know that was a relief to get that done. Woohoo on the stamps too!

Danni...Have a safe trip!!!

G...don't work too hard.

Bren...hope your Monday was as good as mine.

Terri...

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to WILLA

Brenda... I came home to a lovely surprise!! I got your BD card and all the goodies!!! Thank you!!!!

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to Guylou

Tracy... They will charge for anything. I am thinking to downgrade too since I don't really watch TV and I have Netflic which would be ok for movies. Unfortunately, we can't get anything with an antenna. All the TV stations in our area went digital last year, forcing everyone to get cable.

Guylou
Guylou 
Governor
Guylou
In response to Guylou

DT members... I added a subscription link to the forum so you can get a email notification when there is a new post or a comment posted.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Guylou

G, that is what happened here. All of our tv's went digital. My friend has an old tv and says she can still get some stuff, but not much!

Dale, I'm glad you had a good day. One day down, four to go! I hear you about cutting the kids off the phone plan. They're all grown now...and you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. It sucks, but it's life.

Tracy, I hope you can still get some channels. For now, I think you and John can try to have fun with it...pretend like it's back in school days, where you did the poor student thing (or could have, whichever). See how creative you can be with meals and date nights. Check your city's website for free things to do. Go on long walks where John can snap pics to his heart's content and you can just chat. I think you guys are creative and imaginative and have a good attitude...I think you can make it fun as long as you try to forget the necessity of it, KWIM? That will hopefully work in the short term, at least! And in the mean time, here's hoping he finds something soon!

I finished my LO tonight with the journaling that I did during my meltdown on Friday. I'm off to upload.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Here's the LO I finished tonight. I didn't get much else done, but oh, well.
It's about losing you By Siameseplease

I have a new show to watch. Have any of you ever seen "How I Met Your Mother"? I watched it when it first premiered and never got into it. Well, then I caught a few reruns on nights when nothing else was on and it cracked me up. Tonight, I started DVRing the first run episodes.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Ok, so I decided to make a card before heading to bed to watch some tv. It's for the Simon Says challenge, to make a card all in white (exclusive of the image). It was hard! I'd like to give it a shot again using more embellies, but the challenge closes tomorrow night so tonight was my only night to make one.
Simon Says By Siameseplease

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Guylou

• Guylou Said:
Brenda... I came home to a lovely surprise!! I got your BD card and all the goodies!!! Thank you!!!!

That sure took a long time to get to you!! Wow!

WILLA
WILLA 
Governor
WILLA
  • WILLA on 11-09-10 04:38 AM

good morning...Happy Tuesday. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to WILLA

Morning ladies.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

morning all

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
  • Guylou Said:

That sure took a long time to get to you!! Wow!

Mine took like a month to get there this time.. I wander what is up with that

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

Dale- he is going to try for unemployment yes.
God is already showing favor.... His mom technically owns this house although we act as the owners... like when things break and stuff we take care of it. Anyway he was a little nervous telling her but she took it well. Thank you Jesus.
Also he is obligated by divorce guidelines to tell Shawna when he changes or looses a job and she is too.. So she has to switch Heather to her insurance now. She was very encouraging and supportive.. I was shocked. That was a blessing in itself.

Gina we watch " How I met your mother" we have since the very beginning. Barney cracks me up.

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Tracy S.

PTL for that Tracy. Those must have been very difficult conversations to have!!

Have a good day all. I hope too. Say a prayer for me, I need to be very upfront with this doc today. Really tired of her pettiness!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Good morning, Derelicts! Today is a new day and my mood is much improved. I think I just needed that time totally to myself last night. My cousin asked me to call her to chat and I didn't even do that. I texted her that I was in a bad mood and she said she didn't really need anything and we could talk another night. I love that girl...she's so accepting and understanding.

Tracy, that is awesome that John's mom and Shawna are taking things well and being supportive. I know that relieves a bit of the stress for you. I am sure it relieves a lot of stress to know that she will put Heather on her health insurance in case anything happens.

IDK what is taking so long with G's mail. Mine didn't take as long as Bren's and Tracy's. Wow.

Have a great day, everybody!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Bren, best of luck! I think you need to have a talk with this doc and explain to her that certain things just aren't appropriate and you won't stand for them. That's ridiculous that she called you when you were on bereavement leave!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• Brenscraps Said:
PTL for that Tracy. Those must have been very difficult conversations to have!!

Have a good day all. I hope too. Say a prayer for me, I need to be very upfront with this doc today. Really tired of her pettiness!!

You got it girl!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

• siameseplease Said:
Good morning, Derelicts! Today is a new day and my mood is much improved. I think I just needed that time totally to myself last night. My cousin asked me to call her to chat and I didn't even do that. I texted her that I was in a bad mood and she said she didn't really need anything and we could talk another night. I love that girl...she's so accepting and understanding.

Tracy, that is awesome that John's mom and Shawna are taking things well and being supportive. I know that relieves a bit of the stress for you. I am sure it relieves a lot of stress to know that she will put Heather on her health insurance in case anything happens.

IDK what is taking so long with G's mail. Mine didn't take as long as Bren's and Tracy's. Wow.

Have a great day, everybody!

Glad to hear your mood is improved girlie. *short quick side hug* lol

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to Tracy S.

I need you all to do me a favor and send some mojo this way please. we have like 16 days till Thanksgiving and I need to get 12 cards made.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tracy S.

Tracy, did you check out any of the sketch sites I sent you? Do you want me to email them to you? I swear, they help me so much when I am running low on mojo. They also make the creative process faster, because I don't have to figure out what design I'm going to use.

My stomach has been acting up all morning. Blah! I'm getting ready to eat some pretzels...they can sometimes help settle things down a bit. I have a meeting at 2:00 that I can't miss, then I am going to see if they'll let me leave. I can miss one Spanish class and I think tonight is my night to miss it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

BTW, Tracy, I was LMBO at your "quick side hug" thing. Too funny.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I just heard some awful news. One of our docs had a fire in her house. It sustained tons of water damage. Then, to top it off, her husband was having issues and went to the doc, only to find out that he has a benign brain tumor that will need to be removed. I've met her hubby multiple times, like at holiday parties and the like. He is an angel and he adores her. He's got a great sense of humor and is an all around sweet guy. I feel so badly for them. She is one of the ones who reached out to me after Rick died, and then talked to me at length about it when we went to the conference in DC in the spring. She had told me then that she has no idea what she'd do if her husband died, because he is her world. She said that she couldn't be as strong as I was and would be curled up in a corner in the fetal position. I told her that you never know for sure what you will do or how you will handle it until it happens. I sure hope it doesn't happen to her.

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.

Oh man Gina that IS terrible.. Bless her heart. I will keep them in prayer. WOw.. that is a lot all at once for sure.

Page 4 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics