Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: VCW Week 192 - It's Fall Ya'll!        (Topic#1546399)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 11-05-10 06:13 AM

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself
Here
This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to VCW

TGIF!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to TripletMother

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to BlingQueenRia

TGIF!
I guess I typed too slow, lol, so here is what I just typed up in the old thread!

Hi Ladies, sorry have been MIA for a few been busy trying to get some scrapping, or more planning actually for these albums I am making for Cmas, still haven't figured out my plan for cards, which i really need to decide on so I can shop for those. Spent the day yesterday with my mom, going through old pics for my sis' book. Very frustrating for both trying to remember dates, lol. Old minds. Anyway, we decided after much frustration that we would take each other for lunch at Olive Garden for our birthdays, mine was Oct. 4th and hers was Oct. 29th but this was the first chance we had had to get together, then we did a bit of shopping, since mom & I don't have what you would call the "best" of relationships, it was a nice day.

Ok, to catch up a bit!

Jennie - I know this is a bit late but, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt I pray for a safe journey.

Heather - glad to hear you're able to scrap a bit so soon after surgery. Hope recovery continues to go smoothly. And too cool about your day with your mom and gotta love the eggplant toenails.

Jane - So cool you won the contest. Glad there were some things in there you liked.

Joy - Sorry the original eye appointment didn't work out, but I pray the contact lens thing will help for now til they come up with something better.

Liz - Yay for getting a dog!

Elizabeth - I wish I could come scrap with you, it sounds like fun! But prolly too far for me and that would mean $$ issues.

Ria - Lizzie & Max are too cute in that pic, cute about the name you told her his Mommy called him, lol, and soooo happy you are getting a weekend with Jory!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-05-10 07:11 AM
In response to Scrap Chica

Morning everyone! I'm heading out to run errands for the office so at least I'll get out for a while. The bad thing is that it has been raining on and off all morning so I may get wet! I am here alone today though so it is pretty boring. I brought my laptop and am playing with the trial version of SCAL...it's pretty cool and I'm thinking of buying it! Does anyone here have it?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to LeeLo

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to NMlady

Happy Friday!!!

I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and now my heads starting to hurt. I took some tylenol so now I'm all good.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to krishunter

Happy Friday....or it will be in about 3 hours for me. Need to get through the memorial service and then I can drink beer and veg....until tomorrow when I get to go to Nikon School!

How cooincidental that the class is being held in the same shopping center as Archivers!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Micayla's project for school.

She had to disguise Tom (Tammy) the turkey so he won't be eaten for Thanksgiving. She asked what she could do and I suggested using the Cricut. She ran with it and picked the ballerina outfit and then wanted to add wings. It was all done with the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.

Micayla's Turkey By Foltzy

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

Great job Micayla!!! What do you mean turkey? I don't see a turkey! Only a beautiful ballerina

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to foltzy

Liz, tell her that is the cutest turkey I've ever seen!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

I ditto what Joy said!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-05-10 06:27 PM

Elizabeth, have fun at your class...and at Archivers! I've never been to an Archivers...I don't think there is one near me.

Kris, I hope you get to feeling better!

Liz, I love Micayla's "turkey"!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

Morning gals! Got Jory here. Got him yesterday after lunch and will keep him till late tomorrow afternoon.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to LeeLo

Morning Ladies, I am up bright and early because I have to leave in a few to go help Steph set up Vi's first Bday party, can you believe it has been a year! OMG, I can't. The Walt and I are running away for the night, so I will upload the cards and LO I have gotten to work on Sunday so that you can tell me what you think:)

<b>I still would like to know if anyone can help me with my font on here, I dont know why but it is showing up so small I can barely see it, I have looked everywhere on how to change it, and found nothing, can someone, anyone help with that, thanks!</b>

Elizabeth, have fun at your class, I have a Nikkon and would love to be able to afford a class! About Archivers,I too never been to an Archivers...I don't think there is one near me.

Kris, Get well wishes to you, my youngest ds is sick also

Liz, I love Micayla's "turkey" such a great job with the cricut!

DH says he is going to buy me one, he found a bundle which includes:
* One 24-inch Cricut Expression personal electronic cutter
* One YourStory bonus book binding and laminating machine
* Five bonus album covers for book binding
* One bonus Professional Metal Trimmer with four blades
* Straight blade, perforation blade, wavy blade and replacement straight blade
* Plantin SchoolBook font cartridge
* Accent Essentials shape cartridge
* Two keypad overlays
* Two cartridge handbooks
* 12x12-inch cutting mat
* Power adapter
* Quick Start Guide and user manual
* Instructional DVD
For $293.99 on overstock.com, can you ladies tell me if you think this is a good deal, I have never had or worked on a cricut before nor the laminator/binder machine either.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

So, glad for you Ria, i know you are having a blast

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thank you Laura. We have a full weekend planned. Thank goodness for the iPhone and I can peek in from wherever we are.

For your font, is it just this site or all of them? If it's all of them you can fix it in your browser's options, settings, or display options/settings depending on which browser you have. If it's just this one you should be able to adjust it in your forum control panel. I haven't been at a computer in six months so it's hard to remember.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good morning!!!! Long time no see!!!!

Micayla, great job!!!!! What a darling turkey

Ria!! Very good news, super happy for ya hope your weekend is filled with tons of love

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Laura, a year!!!! Already!!!! Wow!!! I still remember your post about learning that you were going to be a grandma

Elizabeth, nikon class, that sounds exciting!! I have signed up twice for photography class Ann both times had to cancel. Maybe after the holidays. I sooooo need to learn all the settings in my camara.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Twins!!!!!! Sending you both tons of hugs!!!

I miss you all sooooo much. My days are so busy is not fun. Yesterday I finished training two girls that will take over the lines. Then I will only need to do QC and release the lines. Hopefully my days at work will be better and I will be able to log here more often.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

As for my weight loss, I have lost a total of 30 pounds. How??? The hard way, now I go to the gym 4 times a week, I gave up soda, drink water all day, I do 6 meals a day, the three main ones and three snacks. Eating more veggies and no junk food. Every so often if I'm craving a cheeseburger with fries, I'll have it but I will double my routine at the gym, to burn all those calories. So far it's working!!!!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

And as for scrapping, none this week

I did finish the Plum series and reached my reading goal for the year, need to go to the library and get out a nutrition book.

Today is cleaning day, more like "get house ready for winter" kinda day. No need to say that the whole family is a bit "&@$@&$:"

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Cracrop

Hi Clara!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to NMlady

Hi Joy good to see you!

Almost done cleaning, taking a break to eat lunch. Will leave my scrappy room for last

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

And....my house is clean!!!! Wohoooooo!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

Yeah Clara!!!

Now you go better start working in the scrappy room!!!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Happy Extra Hour of Sleep Day*!!!

*except for those of us with young children that still wake up at the same time which makes it an hour earlier and bedtime will be messed up too....all in all the extra hour does not include sleep. It just makes for a really long day

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Now time to get all caught up

Liz~Very cute turkey!! I love it!!

Ria~Yeah for having Jory for the weekend

Clara~Yeah on the weight loss

Laura~Cricuts are fun!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

• krishunter Said:

*except for those of us with young children that still wake up at the same time which makes it an hour earlier and bedtime will be messed up too....all in all the extra hour does not include sleep. It just makes for a really long day

I know right. They were up at 6 this morning because they usually get up at 7. Couldn't get them to go back to sleep either. Now their whole week will be thrown off.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to foltzy

Thanks Kris!

for little ones not sleeping cause of time change.

Just now I heard a BANG, then a voice "sorry hon, that was your camera"

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Yup! She's gone it says turn off and on, I did and it says the same thing again

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• krishunter Said:

I soooooooooooo understanding Kris!!!! I am hoping they take a long nap today! They are down now!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Oh no Clara! Can she be saved? At least there is a memory card to save pics right?????

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Cracrop

Oh no Clara D: So sorry about your camera.

I have exciting news! Jason and I adopted a dog! her name is Devan and she's a 10 yr old german shepherd mix. She doesn't act ten though. So far she's great. She seems to get along with everyone, she's house trained, and she likes other dogs. I'm so excited :D.

Also, I signed up for a glimmer mist technique class at a scrap store I found. I'm hoping that maybe I can make some scrappy friends that live near me.

Not much going on this weekend. Yesterday I caught up on laundry and worked on my Christmas cards a little. Also had to take the dog to the vet, animal control requires that you take them within three days. Today we did grocery shopping and I took down the Halloween decorations D:. I'm gonna go eat lunch and then work on my Christmas cards some more.

Oh, and the boss is out of town this week so I might be able to pop on more often :D.

Liz - Cute turkey! She's so creative!
Joy - Nice to see you too. I miss you guys, so I'm trying to put in more of an effort to make time for here :D.
Kris - hope you're feeling better.
Elizabeth - Hope you had fun at Nikon School!
Ria - so glad you had Jory again this weekend. I hope you guys had fun!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DesiLee

Oh No Clara

Dani was up about 5:45 this morning Heather I'm so jealous your boys take naps. Dani hasn't taken naps since she was about 2. Every once in awhile she'll take one..usually when she's sick.

Desi~Yeah for the new dog!!!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

• TripletMother Said:
Oh no Clara! Can she be saved? At least there is a memory card to save pics right?????

She's gone for sure, but the memory card still works!!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Wooohoooo for naps and new dog!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

4 cards and 1 lo done!!! More to come hopefully!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Got some more work done on my Christmas cards today. Might do some more after dinner :D.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DesiLee

Morning all!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Morning!!!

Dani was up at 6 this morning I turned PBS Kids on for her and went back to bed for 45 minutes. It will be a long day for her since she has dance tonight.

I feel like playing with the cricut. Maybe sometime this week

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

My kids were up early today too. And we have church tonight so they should be ready to crash tonight! On top of that, MIL is bringing them home early today for a "play date" with a friend from church's son and niece - both of which go to our church! Boys are super excited!

Only bad thing about it - it's during nap time!!!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Good morning ladies!

I found out yesterday that my dog is jealous of my husband. It was cold yesterday so I decided to cuddle with him while we watched tv and she tried to get in between us and barked. Then this morning when I gave him a hug goodbye when he left for work she tried to get in between us again and chased her tail. I gotta figure out how to show her that it's okay that she's not the center of our attention all the time, we still love her too. Have any of you had this problem?

I packed up all my things I'll need for my glimmer mist class. I'm so excited :D. The store has crops most Friday and Saturday nights too. I might start a power lo box and go to one. Probably not next weekend, but maybe the weekend after.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

I wish Dani would nap. Sometimes I can get her to lay down and watch a movie for some quiet time. She has school from 11-1:30 and then dance after supper. She should go to bed easy tonight. She did last night.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Desi - Can't say that I have ever had that problem!! SOrry! A glimmer mist class sounds wonderful! Be ready to share some tips with us when you come back!

Kris - THey have quiet time at daycare, which they normally fall asleep so they are just used to it! I am very THANKFUL for that time!

Anyone heard from Jenni? Hoping she had a safe trip!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Heather - I'll definitely share what I learn :D.

I'm having problems adjusting to the time change too. I was up super early for work today. I did manage to go back to sleep for a little while though.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Hi Desi!!! A glimmer mist class sounds like fun!! I have a few bottles of that..I should use it more than what I do!! My dog sometimes gets jealous too. We just make sure he gets love from everyone and he gets over it.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Thanks Kris! I guess when we hug or cuddle we'll have to start petting her too so she knows we're not ignoring her.

I have 3 mists and three mini mists. Can't remember what colors the are right now. I know I have Raven. I don't use them often because I'm not sure what to do with them. I get three more with the class to :D.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

Micayla hasn't napped since she was 15 months old. She's now 5. Geoff will nap on occasion but usually doesn't.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DesiLee

Well, if I must be truthful, I have 38 glimmer mist and 4 smooch spritz! I LOVE glimmer mist!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Naps are my sanity time! Don't know what I woudl do without them!!! HAHAHAHAHA

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DesiLee

The dog has never been jealous of Dani..not even when she was a newborn. He acted like a mother hen everytime she made a little noise he was right there to make sure she was ok and if I was holding her he would lay on my feet.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

I think I have about 6 glimmer mists. I love them!!!

That's why I'm crazy...NO NAPS

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-08-10 07:51 AM

Morning everyone!

I do not have any glimmer mists...I'm thinking that I need to buy some! I am trying to branch out on my LOs and do more creative stuff. I recently purchased a distress ink pad and now I want more colors!

I used paint on a LO for the first time last night! I used it on a stamp to stamp part of the title. I'm usually a very flat scrapper and I'm loving all the new stuff I have discovered lately! I think it's putting me more in the mood to scrap. The cold weather isn't hurting anything either.

Desi...my dog is jealous when DH & I are close...she thinks it's all about her! If he hugs me or anything she puts her paws on one of our legs and starts whining. She's very spoiled...ha ha!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-08-10 07:52 AM
In response to LeeLo

Heather, I tried to take a nap yesterday afternoon...of course DS decides that's when he must run in and out of the house about 10 times...I finally gave up and just got up!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to LeeLo

I don't normally take them myself, just enjoy the time when the boys do!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

It's a beautiful day outside I gave Cody a doggie spongebath.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

it's cold here. At least it's not raining though.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DesiLee

It was cold here last week. We had sleety stuff one afternoon and the ground was white The past few days have been really nice.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DesiLee

It's cold here too!

-Sorry don't remember which lady commented on Vi's Birthday but yes, it has been a year, hard to believe! The party was great although Steph insisted on having it at a pavilion in a park here in town and us and babygirl were freezing so needless to say it didn't last long, but she got a bunch of clothes that she needed and some awesome learning toys, which she also needed, she is a little behind where my ids were at a year and I know every child is different but I worry that her vocabulary isn't a bit larger and that she seems to be afraid to try to walk so she also got one of those walking toys and she loves it. Now I just need to get her a highchair, no one got one and she doesn't have one here or at home so..

-Ria about my font, it only seems to be here on this site, but I looked in my forum control panel and saw nothing for fonts, not sure what to do, I will check again, maybe it happened when I changed my profile background not sure.

-Heather glad you are doing better and getting some scrappy things done, I on the other hand need to get moving, I am way behind on Cmas presents; albums I am doing, altered clipboards, magic boxes and not even counting haven't picked an idea for my Cmas cards yet either.

- Desi, yay for the dog! Sorry never had that jealousy thing thing either. I have no glimmer mists, but I have them on my wishlist and hope to get them soon and learn how to use them, can't wait to hear about your class.

- Clara it is so good to see you, just sorry I always miss you!

- ok, one other thing, I understand that the cricut is fun, lol ( thanks for the comment) but what I was really hoping for, was for someone to tell me whether you think this is a good bundle for the money or should I keep looking? Here is what we found again:
DH says he is going to buy me one, he found a bundle which includes:
* One 24-inch Cricut Expression personal electronic cutter
* One YourStory bonus book binding and laminating machine
* Five bonus album covers for book binding
* One bonus Professional Metal Trimmer with four blades
* Straight blade, perforation blade, wavy blade and replacement straight blade
* Plantin SchoolBook font cartridge
* Accent Essentials shape cartridge
* Two keypad overlays
* Two cartridge handbooks
* 12x12-inch cutting mat
* Power adapter
* Quick Start Guide and user manual
* Instructional DVD
For $293.99 on overstock.com, can you ladies tell me if you think this is a good deal, I have never had or worked on a cricut before nor the laminator/binder machine either.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DesiLee

This is what I did this weekend

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to NMlady

I love it joy and I left you love!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Laura - I honestly don't know if that is good or not. I don't know anything about the Your Story machine and binding album covers.

Basically it looks as if about everything else is the normal cricut expression package. I would say probably worth about $200 (sound about right everyone?) and then whatever the Your Story machine + extras would be.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

We had snow on Friday but it is supposed to be in the 70's all week now!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Ok ladies,

I heard some rumors. Not going to repeat because that would be gossip and I don't know everything or how true/false it is. So all I am going to say is that I think Ria may need our prayers right now.

Thanks!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

*Prayers for Ria* I hope everything's okay.

Laura - I'm with Heather. I don't know much about the Your Story machine or the pricing so I can't judge the pricing on that very well. I know I paid around $250 for may E, the cutting mat, four carts, and the drawing pens. It was a special that ACM was running a while ago.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Micayla's project for school.

She had to disguise Tom (Tammy) the turkey so he won't be eaten for Thanksgiving. She asked what she could do and I suggested using the Cricut. She ran with it and picked the ballerina outfit and then wanted to add wings. It was all done with the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.

Micayla's Turkey By Foltzy

That's awesome!!! The Chik-Fil-A chickens are going to be coming to her for ideas.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Cracrop

• Cracrop Said:
As for my weight loss, I have lost a total of 30 pounds. How??? The hard way, now I go to the gym 4 times a week, I gave up soda, drink water all day, I do 6 meals a day, the three main ones and three snacks. Eating more veggies and no junk food. Every so often if I'm craving a cheeseburger with fries, I'll have it but I will double my routine at the gym, to burn all those calories. So far it's working!!!!

Clara, that's AWESOME!! Good for you!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Cracrop

Clara - sorry about your camera.

Laura - Happy Birthday to the grandbaby!

Desi - congrats on the puppy!

Laura - I don't know what a good price is for the Expression. I got one of the little 6" Cricuts forever ago, and I recently saw one by itself for $199. So if you're getting a bigger machine plus all that extra stuff, it sounds like a good deal to me.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
Good morning ladies!

I found out yesterday that my dog is jealous of my husband. It was cold yesterday so I decided to cuddle with him while we watched tv and she tried to get in between us and barked. Then this morning when I gave him a hug goodbye when he left for work she tried to get in between us again and chased her tail. I gotta figure out how to show her that it's okay that she's not the center of our attention all the time, we still love her too. Have any of you had this problem?

I packed up all my things I'll need for my glimmer mist class. I'm so excited :D. The store has crops most Friday and Saturday nights too. I might start a power lo box and go to one. Probably not next weekend, but maybe the weekend after.

Ha Ha Dani, good luck!
If Bill and I try to snuggle at night our dog is always in between us. He will climb on top of us and burrow in between!

And my dad's dog barks if anyone hugs my dad. Anyone.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Quick rundown:

Thursday - on the road a little before 9:00. Made the trip just fine, even tho' Ethan didn't sleep AT ALL. As we were getting close, I talked to dad and found out that the visitation from 4-8 was actually FAMILY time at 4:00 and then official visitation from 5:00-8:00. And Dad thought "family" meant kids and grandkids only. So instead of going straight there at 4:00, we went to Dad's. And sat. And waited. And waited. And waited. And just as it got close to 5:00, we heard that Amy & Rusty were close to getting there. So we waited. And waited.

Mind you...the big plus of all this to me was getting to see and visit with first cousins that I hadn't seen in YEARS. So all this sitting around and waiting wasn't suiting me very well. And since we would have all 11 of us there, I was really really hoping to get a group picture at some point.

So Jim, Kim, Ethan & I finally just went ahead over to the funeral home around 5:30. I did get to see cousins...talk...catch up. It was good. But there was no picture - too many people there, too much going on, and who wants a family picture taken at a funeral home that'll always remind you of why you were there?

Back to Dad's. Ethan was sooooo wound up, trying to get him to bed that night was rough.

Got up Saturday. Funeral was supposed to be at 10, then a 90-minute trip to the family cemetery over in Arkansas, and burial with another graveside service (for family members in THAT area) at 2:00.

So Dad had to squeeze in some other stuff before the funeral...we got there barely before the service started. Jim, Kim, Ethan, Amy, Rusty & I were basically together, with Dad & Lynne coming behind us. We went to sit in the family area because, well, y'know, we're family. But then we looked around and all the folks in the family section were kids and grandkids. Jim had taken Ethan to play in the family room area anyhow, so Kim, Amy, Rusty & I got up and went around to try to get seats in the main chapel area...only to not be able to find 4 together. And the service was starting. So we ended up standing at the back for the hour-and-15-minute service.

Then came the question of whether or not to make the trip to the cemetery. Frankly, I didn't want to spend another 3-4 hours in the car with Ethan...and Kim was stressing because she had a ton of homework to do. Then one of the cousins said the family was getting together at my uncle's house that evening after they came b ack from the cemetery, so I thought, AH! I'll skip the cemetery and just see everyone tonight at my uncle's...and maybe get my picture.

Went to lunch...and my sister got food poisoning from her chicken sandwich. She spent the afternoon and evening sooooooo sick. Absolutely wiped out. Ethan did have a chance to chill, and Kim did get homework done...which was good. Jim had gone to the cemetery with Dad & Lynne so he could get some pictuers of family gravestones. By the time they all got back...and we ate...and, well, the whole "going to my uncle's house" thing just slowly fell apart. Ethan was doing so well, and Kim was getting stuff done, and Amy was sick (which negated the picture right there), and Rusty didn't feel like he connected with any of the cousins because he didn't spend time with them growing up, and then Dad I think was in heavy avoidance/denial and just didn't want to be around "funeral stuff." So it ended up that I was the only person who really wanted to go...so I didn't.

And we got up Saturday morning and left.

It was one of those deals where I'm glad I went...I would've been upset with myself if I hadn't gone. But in hindsight, it was almost a wasted trip, and we certainly couldn't left after the funeral on Friday and been home by bedtime. Oh well.

(more coming)

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

So we got home Saturday about dinnertime. Kim's dresser mirror had fallen and busted both her TV/DVD and her stereo (that she's had since she was in 5th grade). I think she was really sentimentally upset about the stereo.

We had company waiting for us. Friends had planned to stay with us for the weekend while they did things in town. When we had to leave, we just left a house key for them along with instructions for working the TV remote and a request to feed the cat. So I came home to immediately play hostess.

Got up Sunday morning...went to church...had a crew of 16 here yesterday afternoon for an early Thanksgiving dinner and the Colts football game.

By the time they left last night, I was soooooo glad just to have my house to myself (and Jim). And I'm sooooooo glad to have a place (here) where I can say that and know it won't be read or taken wrong by any of said friends, all of whom are dear to me and I wouldn't have done things any differently if I'd had the choice.

Today has been nice. I got a song arrangement done for my ensemble, and I met our adopted college daughter and took her out for a late lunch. Now I'm caught up here and ready to go put together something for dinner and have a quiet night. Maybe work on Cmas cards. Maybe do a couple of get well cards and a thank you card that needs to be done.

Ahhhhhh, it's good to be home. Both in my house, and here at VCW.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to c-leaper

Welcome home Jenni!! Glad you made it safely!!

Ria..I hope all is well

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Laura~I don't know anything about the your story so I don't know if it's a good deal or not. I got my expression on e-bay for $140 with one cartridge

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Well, I never did find that peice of DS's blanket. but the pile of pictures laying here is making me a little nutty, and I can't think of anywhere else to look. so this morning I got the actual blanket out and scanned it.

When I tried to print it 12 x 12 it enlarged the pattern so it's not exact, but it will still make some okay embellishments and or mats.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh my gosh I am soooooooo sleepy it isn't funny. Thinking about eating dinner and crawling in bed.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

you GOTTA love life with an Aspie!!!!!!!!

Laura asked Michael how he could stand wearing socks if they had holes the size of her fist in the bottom.

He looked at her and said "I just get over it!"

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Finally took the time to try my Christmas card layout. Didn't buy the right stamp pad. It doesn't add any color to it at all.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

Can't you just color it?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Forgot to mention...if you're not busy in the morning, could you say a prayer for me around 9:00 a.m. Eastern time?

I'm meeting with a family attorney in the morning just to see what, if anything, ESD could do if he decided he wanted to make a case for paternity, what it would take to accomplish that, what we should be doing to prepare for it.

I first thought of doing this when he & his friend formalized their business as an LLC. Then he & the friend had a falling out (okay, more like ESD stole from the company), so he moved to Kentucky with his mom. At that point, I thought maybe I wouldn't meet with the attorney.

But then he started IM'ing me on FB last night. Trying to get me to tell Kim to message him...trying to tell me what a great dad he is and how it's not his fault that things fell apart, etc, etc, etc. So now I'm going to go ahead and see the attorney anyhow, just to know what's what.

Also...tomorrow afternoon I'll have to take our kitty to the vet (again). I found a spot on the floor next to her litter box tonight where she'd peed on the floor and it had blood in it. I'm afraid I'm getting an idea of what's going to happen as my kitty turns into an old lady.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Can't you just color it?

it's a 3x4 solid surface with a relief cut that will then be embossed, so no coloring won't work.
It's supposed to be a blue ink pad with a couple embossing powders mixed over the top. And I couldn't find any nice, light blue embossing powder.
But what looks like a blue ink pad, is some sort of irradescent thing that totally comes out clear on the paper.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to leebla

Good Morning!!

Dani actually slept until 7:30 this morning

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Morning!

I had to pry my kids out of bed this morning for preschool!!!

I am listening to an online training for work today! Boring! Listening on my work lappy and playing on this computer! HAHAHA! Didn't realize it is an ALL day training.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

I hope you can stay awake for the training

Dani was so tired after dance last night she ate an apple, brushed her teeth and went right to bed. She told me all she wanted was her bed. That's something I don't hear out of her very often

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Here is a quick card that I made last night for a newly married couple at church!

With Love By TripletMother

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

That is so cute Heather.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

Thanks Joy!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Adorable Heather.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Thanks Liz!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi ladies! Love that card Heather, it's too cute!

I'm on my way to class now, just wanted to pop in and say hi!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

omg....excuse me if I'm really far behind the times....but I just found this paper tonight at my local craft store....

coool

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Oh Elizabeth! I haven't seen that before but I LOVE it!!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-09-10 08:29 PM

Hey everyone...just running through to catch up before heading to bed. Heather, if you find out anything PM me...I've just caught bits and pieces and am worried too.

I'll try to be back all the time in a day or two...super busy few days at work. Lots going on right now!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to LeeLo

Okay, gals. You need to be my safety outlet. I can't vent on facebook...I'm even afraid to vent via private message to people THRU facebook. Because if it ever gets ugly and the lawyers get involved, FB is the first place they'll look.

Went to see the family attorney this morning. It's mixed news. It works against him that he's proven himself to be instable both in work and in residence. It works against him if we can prove the drug use. It works against him that he has a police record and a protective order.

It works against Kim that she ever acknowledged him as the dad, even socially (thus making him the "putative father"). It works against Kim that she EVER allowed him to have visits, or that she ever accepted money from ESD on behalf of Ethan.

The fact that Kim keeps a Facebook account could be a problem. Considering the tendency of young adults to post EVERYTHING on there - including info about where kids will be, pictures of what they look like, mentions of their daycare or school - courts look at that as being irresponsible and not protecting your child (i.e. leaving them open to stalkers/predators). The atty suggested that Kim outright delete her account. I know Kim won't do that - she relies on it to contact too many people. But I've warned her to take down as many pics of Ethan as she can and to be careful what she says in her status updates.

It was also advised that she NOT ignore ESD's attempts to make contact. That could be seen by courts as being uncooperative. So since he contacted me most recently, I've written a letter to him and sent it thru FB.

And now Kim has three choices:
1. Do nothing, and hope he does nothing.

2. File a paternity petition here in our county. It would open the situation to allowing visits, but it would also get it in the courts where it could be regulated and watched. Supposedly it would obligate him to pay child support - but not require it. As the atty said, visitation is a father's right; support is an obligation.

3. Or wait, but he ends up filing - and it could be here or it could be in Kentucky - and then she/we fight(s) it.

What a mess.

For now she's going to wait. He'd need to have the money to make the filing - and it's not cheap. I've contacted him and answered his question of what it would take for us to let him see Ethan. (Basically, we're asking for him to get clean and hold a job to show some stability, as well as strongly suggesting that he take care of his other, legal, son first.) And we figure the longer we can dealy him seeing Ethan, the older Ethan will be and the smarter he'll be about what's going on.

Me...I think I'm going to make a paper chain with one link for each day of the next 14 years. Each day I'll tear another link off, and be thankful that that's one more day that he didn't have any influence over our Little Man.

And on top of all this...I had to take the cat to the vet today. She has a raging bladder/kidney infection. Was peeing almost pure blood. Poor old girl. Now she's on antibiotics for the next couple weeks to get that cleared up.

I'm sooo glad this day's over.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to c-leaper

Oh Jenni!!! Sending tons of prayers for you and Kim.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-10-10 11:11 AM
In response to Cracrop

Jenni...you will all be in our prayers.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to LeeLo

Prayers for you Jenni, I hope everything works out for the best.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DesiLee

Heather~Cute card!!!

Elizabeth~Love that paper!!

Jenni~Lots of hugs for you and Kim Take one day at a time

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Thanks for the prayers all.

Today has been better - other than the response from ESD that I've had to deal with. ("I just don't understand....I've never lied to you guys....I haven't been on drugs for a LONG time...") *cough hack spit*

OTOH, I was out doing a recording today - first day I've worked in about two weeks. Felt GOOD. Felt productive.

And I got some progress made on my Christmas cards last night. So that felt good, too.

Just waiting now for everyone to get home and snarf some supper so we can head to church in awhile.

:group hug: I love you guys. Thank you for being here.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics