Username Post: Stickles...I get it now!!        (Topic#1546467)
scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls

I tried Stickles for the first time yesterday and now I get it! I always used to wonder what the big deal was...I mean glitter glue is glitter glue right? WRONG! This stuff seriously rocks and everybody should definitely try it out.

This was probably not such a good discovery for my wallet but it's an awesome one for my creative side, lol! Thank you to all you Stickles users who always say how awesome it is. You've made a believer out of me!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-06-10 07:22 AM
In response to scrappingmommyof2girls

I love mine! I finally bought some a month or so ago. There is a huge difference between the Stickles and some regular old glitter glue that I had. I'm very stingy with mine...LOL...

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to LeeLo

I've used it in the past and I'm not too crazy about it. It seems like it takes forever to dry. Maybe I'll give it another try soon and hopefully change my mind on it!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Scrapsaholic

I love stickles, too. I hated it the first time I used it, but it was user error. I didn't give it long enough to dry and I messed up my layout
But, once I realized that you just need to let it sit for many hours, I started loving it!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to -Melissa-

Yeah, it does take a long time to dry, I use my Distress Stickles WAY more than my regular ones. You can at least blast them with a heat gun, NOT recommended for regular Stickles!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Manda_K

i use stickles on almost everything

ChelseaUT
Tenant
ChelseaUT
In response to Just G

I need to go buy more Stickles, thanks for reminding me!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to ChelseaUT

i love stickles!

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Yeah, I realized quickly that it takes a long time to dry, but the end result is SO totally worth it I think!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

inspired to buy more, just bought a new distress one.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I too was a Stickles virgin, but then Manda K corrupted me! I tried my first ones, and was totally hooked. Got both sets from LTD a while back, only have 17, and I gifted some of my duplicates in a swap, but LOVE them.....I love Glimmer Mists too, the 2 I have, but CAN'T afford them. Gonna try to make my own......

hollystar
Veteran
hollystar
In response to ScrappyMama6

stickles are the best! lately i've been really stuck on the liquid pearls too! its just a touch of the shine! great for border details and little dots!

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
I too was a Stickles virgin, but then Manda K corrupted me! I tried my first ones, and was totally hooked. Got both sets from LTD a while back, only have 17, and I gifted some of my duplicates in a swap, but LOVE them.....I love Glimmer Mists too, the 2 I have, but CAN'T afford them. Gonna try to make my own......

i love making my own mists! 1 mini mister, 1 pot of perfect peals powder and some water and i can make anything glimmer! add a little bit of ink from a distress reinker and i have a whole rainbow of mists!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to hollystar

Welcome to the dark side!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to MrsAnnieS

Congratulations on using Stickles. I love mine and my favorite at least right now is the waterfall one. Love it on my Disney Splash Mountain layout.

astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

Dude, I am SO WITH YOU. Stickles rock--their colors, their consistency, their precision tips--I put them on whatever I can! Hold still long enough and I might stickle YOU!!!!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to astrangevictory

I saw big bottles of Stickles at M's the other day. They were on a Christmas display. The bottles were about twice the size of regular.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Stickles are great, but I find I go months between using them. Part of it is the drying factor; but the bigger reason is that I find very few opportunities to bling things up...Then, I get in a mood where everything must sparkle.

I just bought a couple replacement bottles for the Holidays; but I need about ten more if I had been thinking clearly.

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to MommaSaid

loooooovvvveeee stikles... i will stikle anything

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to stephie056

Ok ladies, what's your #1 must-have color?? Right now I have Waterfall, Diamond and Frosted Lace. I'm thinking I need some recommendations for my next colors to get.

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

it only takes a long time to dry if you are heavy handed with it...try it thin and in small doses, then, when dry, reapply in small amounts...good luck! I never travel without at least 3-4 of my fav colors...platinum, lime green, black, and candy cane red :0

astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

I totally dig Starry Night! That's my favorite colour.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by astrangevictory on 11-06-10 06:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Frosted lace..... I think that's the name...and Black Diamond....and Icicles....and Platinum...sorry, got carried away here

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Scrapkaty

Love stickles too...just used lavender on a lo yesterday. And I have the perfect pearls in platinum..works great for a little bit of shine.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to purpledurple

I love cutting out snowflakes with my Cricut and then stickling them!

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:
I love cutting out snowflakes with my Cricut and then stickling them!

I just did this with some Maya Road chipboard snowflakes! I painted them with Picket Fence Distress Paint and then when it dried, put some Frosted Lace Stickles over that. They look amazing!!

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to mizzblue

i like the black stikle i cant remember the exact name of it .. but i

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to stephie056

I just won some this weekend in a door prize exchange at a scrap retreat. Can't wait to use them.

frndly1
Idol
frndly1
In response to mizzblue

Dont forget to use your ACM coupons if you have them. I would buy them online also because they are cheaper.

KellyFeldman
Resident
KellyFeldman
In response to frndly1

Yep Yep, Stickles are the shiz! I need to use my stickles more!! Heck, I just need to scrap more lol

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to KellyFeldman

I love my Stickles!!! I use Black Diamond and Diamond a lot. I also really like Waterfall, it's so pretty!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Smashley

I don't know if they're still around, but I love the Stickles Ice colors, specifically Coffee Ice; Lemon Ice, too. In the regular colors I've been using Christmas Red a lot lately, for obvious reasons.

Lisa

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lstory

I'm in the camp of "not too crazy about stickles."

In fact, I would probably go as far as to say *gasp*, I don't like them.
(Sorry, Manda! But, that leaves more for you. )

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to Bxr-Linda

I lovvvvvvvve stickles. If you haven't yet, try painting with them. I love diamond, cotton candy, and the copper. I love the distress stickled antique linen, especially for painting it on. Such an awesome effect.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Pickledplum981

love my stickles, but I'm not as much a fan of the Distress ones. The hole on the bottle is so much bigger ... I can't control the amount as easily. Good to know that I can use the heat gun on them though ... I'll have to try that.

I always stickle a LO at the very end, when I'm done for the night ... I put a big plastic lid over it (so the cat doesn't get into it) and then let it dry overnight.

Can't pick a fave color ... too many to choose from

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to madmatter

Painting with Stickles sounds really cool! Thanks for the tip.

I haven't tried any of the Distress Stickles yet, but I've heard a few other people say they don't really like them either. My Michaels has 3 packs of them for $5, so I may grab one of those with my 50% off coupon this week. That way if they aren't all that great, I'm not out much money...

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys

I also LOVE stickles, use them on pretty much every layout

whiteracoon
Expert
whiteracoon
In response to MamasBoys

Hm... I still don't have any stickles. Are they really that good? Tell me ladies, when they dry up and you touch them - do your fingers turn shiny, glittery and blingy like after touching any other glitter-glue stuff?

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to whiteracoon

• whiteracoon Said:
Hm... I still don't have any stickles. Are they really that good? Tell me ladies, when they dry up and you touch them - do your fingers turn shiny, glittery and blingy like after touching any other glitter-glue stuff?

They really are that good. Gorgeous I tell ya! I just took my finger and ran it along the edge of a butterfly that I added Stickles to a couple of days ago. I have one teeny-tiny piece of glitter on my finger now, but I ran it along about 50 pieces. That's amazingly cool to me, espcially because I'm a neat freak and can't STAND loose glitter...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

that's why I like stickles ... I HATE loose glitter and will not let it into my house. Stickles all the way baby!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to madmatter

I didn't understand all the hype for a while either. I fought with glue pads and with glitter, cheaper versions of glitter glue and then finally caved and bought some Stickles. I'm hooked completely. I love the tiny little tips for detail work and I just think it's a better quality glitter glue. I use it on just about every project now.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to olleharr

I was almost reduced to tears because of Stickles while making my Halloween costume.

I made a Glinda the Good Witch crown out of heavy vellum. I outlined the edges with Stickles (very slow, tedious process). The vellum curled and warped!!!
After it dried, it did flatten a little bit. In the end, the rippled effect worked, but I was very disappointed at first.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love stickles. I love the crystal. They make everything more beautiful.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I was almost reduced to tears because of Stickles while making my Halloween costume.

I made a Glinda the Good Witch crown out of heavy vellum. I outlined the edges with Stickles (very slow, tedious process). The vellum curled and warped!!!
After it dried, it did flatten a little bit. In the end, the rippled effect worked, but I was very disappointed at first.

Eeeeek! I would've freaked out too. I'm glad it worked out in the end for you though...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I love my stickles too. Heres is abit of my collection. I have my duplicates in the glass jar behind the b-day box.I have alot of doubles, lol.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/47645/view/ 2968073/-...

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 11-13-10 06:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to TJCraftyWitch

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
I love my stickles too. Heres is abit of my collection. I have my duplicates in the glass jar behind the b-day box.I have alot of doubles, lol.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/47645/view/ 2968073/-...

I'm looking forward to adding to my collection!

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls

Another question ladies...how to you store your Stickles? I'd love to hear some great organization tips for them.

Inkiepinkies
Expert
Inkiepinkies

I think Stickles are the best glitter glue I've found. They are just a cute touch of sparkle. I have been pretty much off with using glitter glue and a friend sent me a bottle, so now sparkle is back on the layouts.

Nancy

Resident

Welllll, now I will have to go try some. I have never ventured over but because of this post I have to try it out now. Another collection in my life of the collectors sport...lol

Thanks....I think

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I have found out the hard way that stickles and vellum don't really mix well for just this reason ... the vellum curls and warps and never really lays completely flat again even after it dries.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to madmatter

there is a cool storage idea on this blog if you or your DH is handy with a drill.

Stickles Storage on Crafty Storage Blog

And here is another solution:
Velcro storage method for stickles

Edited by The Biscuit Scraps on 11-16-10 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to dustydaun

• dustydaun Said:
Welllll, now I will have to go try some. I have never ventured over but because of this post I have to try it out now. Another collection in my life of the collectors sport...lol

Thanks....I think

You sound like me, lol! I promise you won't regret your new collection.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

• The Biscuit Scraps Said:
there is a cool storage idea on this blog if you or your DH is handy with a drill.

Stickles Storage on Crafty Storage Blog

And here is another solution:
Velcro storage method for stickles

Very cool! Thanks for the links.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I actually made the one from the clear picture frame and velcro. Frame was .50 at a thrift store, I had the velcr strips, and the dots cost me $2.24 at WM. Took 5 minutes, and I love it!

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
I actually made the one from the clear picture frame and velcro. Frame was .50 at a thrift store, I had the velcr strips, and the dots cost me $2.24 at WM. Took 5 minutes, and I love it!

This sounds really cool! Care to share a picture?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics