Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - how's work going? I've been busy so it's going fast.

I am trying to write a manual about the job since I probably won't have more than a couple days to teach someone. Also, I won't be around for a phone call either - I'll be in Nicaragua.

Yay!! for you Marlene...that sounds so good, retiring and then an awesome holiday, did you settle the day you are leaving with Ken?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Good morning.

Lesley - in the picture that you uploaded on FB of you and Bob, I can really tell that you've lost a lot of weight. I am hoping to work on that myself once I'm not working. My problem is lack of exercise, I don't eat that much and almost never snack.

I saw something the other day that said dessert should be no more than 3 bites - I think that sounds like a good rule.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

My fridge has a water and ice dispenser in the door and a water filter. The dispenser is too slow, I use the faucet. My water tastes a little chlorine-y but is pretty good otherwise.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I hope everybody is ok but just busy.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Hi Marlene, I have been busy trying to get Brittni's scrapbook done.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

My dh recently found a bunch of pictures of himself and his siblings as children that I am going to make an album for Father's Day.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I found Shabby Princess through an acknowledgment on one of your pages.

Awesome! =0)

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

I did this page for IFS thinking it would post today, but I was a week early. I don't like to post here in advance but it's not like I get a lot of attention on SB.com. I truly don't care about that.

I am glad that I quit doing challenges because I am working for my own pleasure with no pressure to get something done.

This page was a blast to do. I got to get messy. BTW my post will be about stencils.

Detroit Zoo By Scrap4brains

I left you a comment on that page but I just wanted to say again how awesome it was. Isn't getting messy great?! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Howdy ladies! We are super busy at work. Ugh!

Lesley, I am happy to see that you are getting things sort of worked out and I am looking forward to your updates!

Marlene, that stencil looks wonderful! I'll have to take a closer look later.

re challenges: I've decided not to join any for awhile. However I may use them as spring boards. People on here - not you all - are just annoying to me lately and I don't want to leave feedback just for the sake of leaving feedback.

That being said, I will be back soon to leave you some lovin' Marlene!

Yeah, That's pretty much why I quit joining challenges. I did start joining a few challenge blogs instead because it's still challenging but a lot less snarky.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
My dh recently found a bunch of pictures of himself and his siblings as children that I am going to make an album for Father's Day.

Oh how cool! I made one for Ronnie a while back when my MIL loaned me some photos to scan in, but it was digital though.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi ladies, i'm about to go to bed but needed to pop in as i haven't had the time all day today. Have to say to those on interest, i have cooked recipes from it the last 2 nights and they have both been super nice, just done a vegetable tian to go with silverside that I did for Katie and Jeremy tonight.

It is ANZAC day here tomorrow, that stands for 'Australian New Zealand Armed Corp', originated to remember those young Australian and NZ forces that got slaughtered as they landed at Gallipoli in Turkey in the 1st World War, but is now used as a remembrance day for all wars we've fought in. Bob takes it very seriously and we always go to the Dawn Service think its 6am tomorrow and will be cold and dark but it is so touching, Katie always marches with Bob every year and wears his dad's medals. AFter that I guess I walk again, then today I started taking up my new smaller trousers so will hopefully get them finished tomorrow, clean the bathrooms and then treadmill....so that pretty much takes care of the day...no more scrapping again, I don't understand why I'm retired and get so little scrapping time aarghh!! one day I'll get a bit of a run on I guess.

Marlene I love that stencil you used, you can see why people like them so much can't you, they save you buying patterned paper. I just put a post on FB commenting on one of Ingvilde Bolme's pages where she'd used a mask I've been after for ages but its not being made now and seem sot be sold out everywhere, I asked her if she ever came across one could she let me know, well I got a msg on FB from a lady in South Africa who is having one made like it and is going to get me one, I was pretty pleased.

Ok off to bed now, early rise tomorrow..

Yay for the new, smaller trousers! That's fabulous. I think it's great that you're getting the mask you want. Which one is it?

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Ugh. Today my arms/shoulders/neck hurt more than ever.
I need to start exercising again and once I leave here my stress level will be much better. Not exercising and having all of this stress does not feel good. I could barely open one of the doors here at work. I had to use my foot.

I'm so sorry that you're that stressed Shannon! (((Hugs.)))

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
I'm not doing challenges until things are different in my personal life. I tried last month and just couldn't get it done. My dad has been in the hospital for a couple days I'm not sure when he'll get to go home.

Becky, I am keeping your Dad in my prayers. I hope things get better soon.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Heather J. Landry

Jordan had her Botox shots done in her legs today. She's home and recovering but it's been rough. She had a bit of a negative reaction to the anesthesia and she got REALLY cranky. She's only just now starting to feel a little more normal. The good news is that her feet are nearly flat already. I was stunned how quickly it worked, and she won't have the full effect until 72 hours after.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
hey Shannon. Does the new fridge have an ice maker? I love having one.

Yep, it sure does! Actually that was not something I was looking for but it just happened to be on the refrigerator I wanted. The kids love it and the water tastes great! We stopped getting bottled water quite awhile ago and the kids stopped drinking water for the most part. Now I can't keep them away from it.

Does the fridge have a water filter in it Shannon? just wondering how the water tastes different if it still comes from the same source thats all, wish there was a way we could do that, I have to filter all our water it tastes terrible.

Yes, it is filtered. And yes it comes from the same source. We have well water and it isn't that great. The filtered water is yummy! Well, really it has no taste...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
I need to start exercising again and once I leave here my stress level will be much better. Not exercising and having all of this stress does not feel good. I could barely open one of the doors here at work. I had to use my foot.

Are your shoulders and neck bad from work?...gosh if so, the sooner your'e out of there the better, doesn't sound good.

Yes, I think it is worse because of work. Bosszilla has done something that she has never done before and that is piss off the entire supervisory staff. Everyone is angry and on edge and she just keeps needling everyone.

This is out of hand. I have 5 1/2 months and I am out. I just keep counting down the days.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

Lesley - in the picture that you uploaded on FB of you and Bob, I can really tell that you've lost a lot of weight. I am hoping to work on that myself once I'm not working. My problem is lack of exercise, I don't eat that much and almost never snack.

I saw something the other day that said dessert should be no more than 3 bites - I think that sounds like a good rule.

Yeah, Lesley, Marlene is right - you could totally tell you lost weight! And the picture was really adorable. You two look so nice together.

3 bites? What size are those bites? I don't think I could do that.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I hope everybody is ok but just busy.

I didn't work yesterday and I was busy most of the day. Ugh. I can't wait for life to slow down.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Now that is COOL!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Howdy ladies! We are super busy at work. Ugh!

Lesley, I am happy to see that you are getting things sort of worked out and I am looking forward to your updates!

Marlene, that stencil looks wonderful! I'll have to take a closer look later.

re challenges: I've decided not to join any for awhile. However I may use them as spring boards. People on here - not you all - are just annoying to me lately and I don't want to leave feedback just for the sake of leaving feedback.

That being said, I will be back soon to leave you some lovin' Marlene!

Yeah, That's pretty much why I quit joining challenges. I did start joining a few challenge blogs instead because it's still challenging but a lot less snarky.

Yes! I am SO done with that snark carp!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Jordan had her Botox shots done in her legs today. She's home and recovering but it's been rough. She had a bit of a negative reaction to the anesthesia and she got REALLY cranky. She's only just now starting to feel a little more normal. The good news is that her feet are nearly flat already. I was stunned how quickly it worked, and she won't have the full effect until 72 hours after.

Although she is cranky, at least it is working! That is wonderful news Heather!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I get to get off work early today. Correction... I have to fake a migraine in a bit. Ariel is in the school production of The Jungle Book. She is Bagheera the black panther. She is so excited! I am sure she will do a great job!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Tell Ariel to break a leg! I'll bet she's a cute panther.

Heather - what happens to Jordan's feet that she needs botox?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Good morning. It's going to be a busy day so it'll go by quickly.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Thanks Marlene, she did a great job! She usually talks so fast and doesn't enunciate but last night she was loud and you could understand every word she said and sang. I was so proud of her!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Happy Friday ladies.

J is on his way up north to fish for the weekend and the kids need to go all kinds of places and I have to work 10 hours tomorrow. I am not looking forward to this.

How many days until CP opens? I really need a break. It will just be Ariel and I for 3 days with some roller coasters.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a much better weekend then I.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Do you think the Senior Skip Day of Glee was filmed at CP!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Does Abby have a driver license?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Do you think the Senior Skip Day of Glee was filmed at CP!

No. The reason I say that is because I don't know that roller coaster and I checked it out really good! Also, they film in Hollywood, don't they? If they actually filmed in Ohio, they would be closer to King's Island I think and as far as I remember, they don't have a coaster like that there. It was interesting though and I did think about it!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I just found this on line and I was wrong. DUH! Lima is MUCH closer to Sandusky (CP)than Cincinnati (KI):

For those who don't follow the show, it's set in Lima, Ohio, which makes the nearest Six Flags park (Great America) about five and a half hours away. Yet the seniors were shown arriving at the park on a city bus, presumably from Lima.

(FWIW, There used to be a Six Flags in Ohio at the old Geauga Lake site, but it's been closed for years.)

If a bunch of high school seniors in Lima were going to ditch school to visit an amusement park, the obvious choice would be Cedar Point. But these sorts of references are often "product placement" deals, so it's possible that Six Flags anted up for the mention, and Cedar Fair didn't.

But shooting schedules could be the reason, too. Keep in mind that Cedar Point doesn't open for another month, and this Glee episode was shot weeks ago. In fact, the episode was shot at Six Flags Magic Mountain, outside Los Angeles. (As far as I know, Glee has never done any location shooting in Ohio.) So Magic Mountain got to be Six Flags Lima for the day.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

No. She tried to learn to drive and did pretty good but she didn't really feel comfortable doing it. I just asked her about it and she said, "Eventually. I don't really have a choice. I have to learn."

She and I are spending the evening together. It's nice. I will miss her.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon - they do shoot Glee in Hollywood. I've been to Lima is why I knew it's close to Sandusky. Glee did do a location shoot in Manhattan but you're probably right about California. Seems like everything is shot there, the rest of the world must think all of the U.S. looks like NYC or California.

Bridesmaids was set in Wisconsin, and there are long views of of Milwaukee (?) but the movie was so obviously filmed in California. Not fooling me!

I'm just thinking about the first paragraph could be in Chinese as far as Lesley, Heather or Yvonne can tell. Becky may be more familiar with Ohio.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Tell Abby that driving takes practice like everything else. That's why you have to have a permit for so long. Besides Ariel will never let her live it down if she drives first.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - they do shoot Glee in Hollywood. I've been to Lima is why I knew it's close to Sandusky. Glee did do a location shoot in Manhattan but you're probably right about California. Seems like everything is shot there, the rest of the world must think all of the U.S. looks like NYC or California.

Bridesmaids was set in Wisconsin, and there are long views of of Milwaukee (?) but the movie was so obviously filmed in California. Not fooling me!

I'm just thinking about the first paragraph could be in Chinese as far as Lesley, Heather or Yvonne can tell. Becky may be more familiar with Ohio.

LOL! Yeah, most people probably don't have a clue as to what Ohio really looks like!

I forgot about the NY episode. Yep, that was definitely in NY.

I've never been to Wisconsin and I have never seen Bridesmaids. I should put both on my to do list (especially since I own Bridesmaids!)

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Tell Abby that driving takes practice like everything else. That's why you have to have a permit for so long. Besides Ariel will never let her live it down if she drives first.

You hit the nail on the head with that one! I never thought of it that way. I'll have to tell Abby!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

So what is everyone up to this weekend?

I have to work until 8 tonight and tomorrow I have to take Abby and Guillermo to Ikea. I don't have to, I want to.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I am making a graduation card for a party later this evening. I hope to finish a lo I'v e been working on. Scrapping isn't going all that well for me right now.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

What's going on? Just not feeling your mojo or just don't have time?

Or a little from column A and a little from column B?

Or something else...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

The page just isn't coming together. Earlier I was having issues with my Cricut sticky pad. I had the perfect color cardstock but only a little bit so of course I cut the wrong size, etc. I did get the card done. I'm thinking on the lo.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Ah, so just a momentary issue.

Yep, that happens to me too. I usually try to cut it out on printer paper first so that I know what is going to be cut.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Happy Sunday ladies!

I spent most of the day shopping at Ikea and Target with Abby and G. It was nice and they got some nice stuff. So did I of course!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

Tks for that Marlene, its really nice when someone can notice, I don't get much feedback here only from Gaelene, which makes me realise who my friends are eh! I don't think the Jenny Craig food has anything to do with what I've lost (it's horrible), but the way they have helped me is, I am I hate to say, greedy when it comes to food and was eating way to large a serve, you know how i love my food, so cutting back rather than cutting out, like you say about dessert, is definitely the way to go and to be able to sustain, and of course the exercise has been essential for me. Must say though at the moment I can hardly walk, for some reason the last 2 days on the treadmill have really knocked my knees about but I think its winter setting in and the arthritic joints letting me know because I am having difficulty typing with my fingers really aching. You will lose any you want to when you leave work I'm sure, its so easy when you are sitting at a desk all day to have the lbs creep on, but I know you don't over eat so just a daily walk is probably all you're going to need.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Gee that is a bonus Marlene, what a find, you could make a 'book about me'...meaning Ken of course, I bet he'd love it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi ladies, i'm about to go to bed but needed to pop in as i haven't had the time all day today. Have to say to those on interest, i have cooked recipes from it the last 2 nights and they have both been super nice, just done a vegetable tian to go with silverside that I did for Katie and Jeremy tonight.

It is ANZAC day here tomorrow, that stands for 'Australian New Zealand Armed Corp', originated to remember those young Australian and NZ forces that got slaughtered as they landed at Gallipoli in Turkey in the 1st World War, but is now used as a remembrance day for all wars we've fought in. Bob takes it very seriously and we always go to the Dawn Service think its 6am tomorrow and will be cold and dark but it is so touching, Katie always marches with Bob every year and wears his dad's medals. AFter that I guess I walk again, then today I started taking up my new smaller trousers so will hopefully get them finished tomorrow, clean the bathrooms and then treadmill....so that pretty much takes care of the day...no more scrapping again, I don't understand why I'm retired and get so little scrapping time aarghh!! one day I'll get a bit of a run on I guess.

Marlene I love that stencil you used, you can see why people like them so much can't you, they save you buying patterned paper. I just put a post on FB commenting on one of Ingvilde Bolme's pages where she'd used a mask I've been after for ages but its not being made now and seem sot be sold out everywhere, I asked her if she ever came across one could she let me know, well I got a msg on FB from a lady in South Africa who is having one made like it and is going to get me one, I was pretty pleased.

Yay for the new, smaller trousers! That's fabulous. I think it's great that you're getting the mask you want. Which one is it?

Actually I'm glad you mentioned that Heather, it's the brick one, it came out by Prima originally but has been copies quite a bit by different companies, and on Friday when I went up the North of our State to a Craft and Quilt Fair I managed to find one and it was only $6, so I must send a message to the kind lady that was going to send one from South Africa for me.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Thats awesome Heather, I must have missed where you said she was having this procedure, isn't it great that this is out there for people like Jordan who have this problem, keep us updated on how its going.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Are your shoulders and neck bad from work?...gosh if so, the sooner your'e out of there the better, doesn't sound good.

Yes, I think it is worse because of work. Bosszilla has done something that she has never done before and that is piss off the entire supervisory staff. Everyone is angry and on edge and she just keeps needling everyone.

This is out of hand. I have 5 1/2 months and I am out. I just keep counting down the days.

5 1/2 months will fly by, remember when Marlene was saying 12 months to go...seems like yesterday and now its only a few weeks....hugs for being so tough with putting up with her.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

Yeah, Lesley, Marlene is right - you could totally tell you lost weight! And the picture was really adorable. You two look so nice together.

3 bites? What size are those bites? I don't think I could do that.

Tks Shannon...lol at the 3 bites...you can do it you know, on the way home from the Craft Fair on Friday they stopped for ice cream and I ordered one as well and only ate half of it, I was able to do it easily because I knew it was what I had to do.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Good evening. Had a nice relaxing day. I did get a page done, my weekly contribution. I grilled salmon for dinner and used a garlic mustard for sauce. It was excellent. I love the grill.

We got to meet Matty's new beau last evening at the grad party. He used to play hockey with Kyle when they were young. Nice kid. Now I'm just relaxing in my bat cave - I love this laptop!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I get to get off work early today. Correction... I have to fake a migraine in a bit. Ariel is in the school production of The Jungle Book. She is Bagheera the black panther. She is so excited! I am sure she will do a great job!

haha....too funny, but I hope you enjoy Ariel's experience, I'm sure she'll be amazing with her great personality.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I talked to Kyle and am getting very excited to go see him. He is an excellent guide.

Lesley - I am hoping to get to Washington when you are there. I would love to see Ken's cousin (and you and Di) for a couple days then move on up to Skagway. THat will knock two things off my bucket list - tropical rain forest and whales.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I am making a graduation card for a party later this evening. I hope to finish a lo I'v e been working on. Scrapping isn't going all that well for me right now.

Ditto for me Marlene, I'm playing around with different techniqes just to renew my interest and trying to get in the mood before the Perth classes which are in 2 weeks, Gaelene is churning out amazing pages, her dh has just re done her scrap room and she is in hyper mode due to retiring at end of May, so is flying through LO's. I have to up my act, although I did spend hours yesterday cleaning up my corner of the store room, now its up to Bob to pull his act together and get the rest of it done which is all his stuff...heaps of it hehe..

Today I have a little ironing, my walk and then definitely scrapping, problem is its getting really cool here now so my scrap room is the coolest in the house so I have to have the heater on and its not a heat pump, just a plug in heater which eats the power up.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Happy Sunday ladies!

I spent most of the day shopping at Ikea and Target with Abby and G. It was nice and they got some nice stuff. So did I of course!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Envy....love Ikea and we don't have one here, there are some on mainland Australia but costs too much for freight home here. I did go to the big one at Seattle and loves it, could easy go there again just to drool with envy. Glad you had a good day.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

this is not crooked IRL. I have been having trouble with this all week. I wanted to use the last of the Scraptastic Kit with pictures of my kids at about the same age as the pictures of the pages of Ken and me. Sometimes you have to accept that every page is not going to be your best work. I'm moving on.

Elementary By Scrap4brains

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Good evening. Had a nice relaxing day. I did get a page done, my weekly contribution. I grilled salmon for dinner and used a garlic mustard for sauce. It was excellent. I love the grill.

We got to meet Matty's new beau last evening at the grad party. He used to play hockey with Kyle when they were young. Nice kid. Now I'm just relaxing in my bat cave - I love this laptop!

I'm with you on laptops Marlene, I love mine as well and happily could sit surfing the net (blogs etc) all night every night, it just relaxes me. Nice to hear Matty has a new beau and that you like him as well, she may change her mind about going back to Skagway do you think? That meal sounds so yummy especially the sauce, would love the recipe.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - your weekend in Perth is the same weekend I am taking the class in Novi. I've had to cut the time so short I don't see how I'll have time to see Shannon. Funny that I am retiring at the same time as Gaelene.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

The mustard was a small batch that someone brought as a gift from Walla Walla, WA. (Our doggie trade buddy)

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I bought a tiny lamp that plugs into a USB port so I can see my keyboard. Didn't get backlit keyboard. Is Apple the only one that has that option?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I talked to Kyle and am getting very excited to go see him. He is an excellent guide.

Lesley - I am hoping to get to Washington when you are there. I would love to see Ken's cousin (and you and Di) for a couple days then move on up to Skagway. THat will knock two things off my bucket list - tropical rain forest and whales.

haha...you'll definitely see whales, Bob went out in a rubber ducky but can't remember what town it was in Alaska that he did it from, it may have been Victoria on Vancouver Island I think, but he got really close and got some amazing shots. DI would love to meet you, I normally have a day with her and Char (from Grandma's group) you would like her she's a real hoot no nonsense sort of person, a bit full on for Erin but I really like her, we do Michael's and lunch normally, but the Craft Fair is on while I'm there this year and they took me there once and I'm hoping they will do the same thing again this time, Erin came last time as well because it saved them coming down to Roy to pick me up but not sure how she'll go with 2 children, I know she'd want to go but I am restricted then, Di will know all about that and when its on. I won't go on Erin's birthday of course, or Henry's, and they are also taking us up North for a weekend to some place they think we'll like, but we'll sort out dates etc a little later, must ask Di the date of the Pyuallup Craft Fair, it was really good last time.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
this is not crooked IRL. I have been having trouble with this all week. I wanted to use the last of the Scraptastic Kit with pictures of my kids at about the same age as the pictures of the pages of Ken and me. Sometimes you have to accept that every page is not going to be your best work. I'm moving on.

Elementary By Scrap4brains

Nice page, like the papers and I'm in love with those silhouette people, every time I see them I wish I had got some of that paper, great pics.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - your weekend in Perth is the same weekend I am taking the class in Novi. I've had to cut the time so short I don't see how I'll have time to see Shannon. Funny that I am retiring at the same time as Gaelene.

Yes what a fluke of timing that was eh! she wasn't given a lot of choice in her retirement date because of taking the package, she is only 53 and very lucky the way it has worked out for her, getting a package so close to 55 when she would have been retiring, but I'm really happy for her because she works in IT and is finding all her skills are now falling behind all the younger staff they are bringing in....I am so happy for both of you, it is nice not to have to work believe me, you'll love it, life takes on a whole new perspective.

Well while your getting all confused with the technical side of PSE, I'll be feeling totally exhausted after doing the 3 classes in one day mmmm...going to be interesting because I know before I even get there that I won't be able to keep up and seeing as its all about layering, its going to be funny where my layers end up hehe..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
The mustard was a small batch that someone brought as a gift from Walla Walla, WA. (Our doggie trade buddy)

Mmmm...will have to keep an eye out at the Farmers Market when they take us there.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I bought a tiny lamp that plugs into a USB port so I can see my keyboard. Didn't get backlit keyboard. Is Apple the only one that has that option?

I'm not sure about that, I love that it is backlit but I have mine turned down a bit because it helps eat the battery life, but it is good. Not sure whether windows have that option or not.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Just before I head off to wash up the breakfast dishes, and then walk before it gets any colder than it already is, my knuckles and knees are telling me winter is peeping around the corner.

Just want to share, you already know Marlene, but a very close friend of mine since teen years, has just found out she has cancer in both breasts, she is having a double mastectomy tomorrow, I am very sad and upset about it, and she always had her mammogram on fact she had an appointment for her next one in 3 weeks time. SHe just looked in a mirror and could actually see all these lumps in both breasts, had tests and it is very invasive and they aren't giving her much hope, going around on my walk to see her sister in-law who told me, I'm not sure whether Mary will be there or not, she has a holiday home up here and spends most weekends here but had her family up at the weekend so I didn't want to go around, it's weird the way you feel, I just don't know what to say to her and have to ring her today before she goes to hospital, wish me luck.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

I think I have been really getting the hang of layers and would love to learn more.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - I don't think any of us know what to say to friends who have had very bad news. With my friend who was diagnosed a little over a year ago, I don't usually talk about her illness but carry on about things we've always talked about. If she needs to share, she will. She has told me though one of the hardest things to cope with is how people felt sorry for her.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

The paper with the little people on it is Authentique. I love that brand, the papers are really sturdy.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Been very busy trying to get Brit's scrapbook done.

Not going so well though, I just can't get a page to come together.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

My mom is not speaking to me. She is very mad at me. My brother bought a house and I knew about it. I didn't tell her (I don't think it is my place to tell her). She found out about the house from my aunt. Then when she told me, I made the mistake of saying yeah he did. Man was she pissed. She even called my cousin (who lived with us from the time I was 9 years old until I was 15 because her mother (my aunt) died from uterine cancer). My cousin babies my mom. So then my cousin called me.

Well, I guess my mom will really be mad at me when she finds out my son also bought a house and I have known about their plans to buy one for over 6 months.

My niece is getting married May 19 and my mom is also mad about that because she says no one wants her around and no one will take her to the wedding. Well, we have a car full. There is Doug, me, Brittni, Krystal and her boyfriend. My mom hired a lady to take her and now the lady backed out. So my aunt is taking her. So my mom called my cousin about that too and said that no one wants her around and she is always sick and in the hospital and should just end it all and then no one will have to worry about her.

I am getting so stressed out over it all. I can't sleep, I feel sick all the time. I can not wait until graduation is over.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Then on Saturday, we went shopping and to see Krystal. We stopped at Krystal's house and she was in the spare bedroom in their house, brit and I went in there. I made a comment about it being brit's room. Krystal was like ummm, no.

After we left, I got to thinking and text Krystal and asked if it was still alright for Brittni to live with her. She text back and said i don't know, I don't think so. I was like "what???" she told me that she thinks Brittni should live on her own. It has been planned for over 4 years for them to live together. And when Krystal moved out 4 years ago, she was sad, depressed and lonely and cried every day because she didn't want to live alone. She has moved so many times, lived with so many people because she was sad and lonely. Now she wants brit to live alone. Brittni is really sad and depressed about it. She has been so excited to live with her sister again.

Krystal text me last night and said what the f*** ever. If she wants to live with me, I guess she can, she just isn't getting that room, she can either sleep in the basement or in the tiny bedroom. No one has been using this empty room for almost a year. So I have no clue what is her problem. But I can sure say one thing, if Brittni can't live with her, we are DONE helping her out with money, food, gas and rent.

She said she is not paying for Brittni to live there and feed her. Brittni will pay for her own stuff and her own rent.

So that is really stressing me out.

Brittni was to start college Oct. 2013 because of such a long waiting period for Graphic Design. Then they called and moved her up to July 2013. 2 weeks ago, they called and she is moved up to January 2013. So she needs to find a place soon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

What a mess Yvonne.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Yes Marlene, it is.

That is how I have been feeling the last week or so. LOL

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Shannon - are you putting furniture together?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I think I have been really getting the hang of layers and would love to learn more.

Yes I thought I was as well Marlene but then I will put something down and move it because it is covering part of something else, whereas that is the idea....I look at the really good artists doing it and feel like I really need these classes as it just doesn't come easily to me but I'll keep trying because I love the look. It's taken me this long to actually do a negative space page hehe....I couldn't just leave blank space before but really love it now.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - I don't think any of us know what to say to friends who have had very bad news. With my friend who was diagnosed a little over a year ago, I don't usually talk about her illness but carry on about things we've always talked about. If she needs to share, she will. She has told me though one of the hardest things to cope with is how people felt sorry for her.

That is exactly what I think also Marlene, I have been determined to not say 'I'm sorry', because I think you need to stay positive at all times when talking to her and she is a strong lady so if anyone can stay positive it will be her. thanks for the hint there, I will let her lead with the conversation and that way it will be easier for me to talk with her.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
The paper with the little people on it is Authentique. I love that brand, the papers are really sturdy.

One of the classes we are doing in Perth is an Authentique one Marlene, but its not that paper line, maybe the teacher will be able to get me some or the store holding the class may well have it. We are doing Authentique, Pink Paislee and Prima classes, 2 Authentique ones. After all the let down and the woman stealing our money, I am now starting to get excited about these other classes.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Yes, a mess Yvonne, but I am going to be honest and say I can understand Krystal's point of view, when you are young and moving in with 'your guy', you don't want your little sister being around permanently, she's waited ages for this and I really think that needs to be kept in mind. They go through that stage as part of growing up and in a year or so will probably change, but right now I really can understand how she feels just going by my own daughters and what they were like.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Here's the LO I did using the Pan pastels for the b/ground, I love them, but darned if I could get a straight picture.
A Cheeky Boy By Slywalker

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Yes, a mess Yvonne, but I am going to be honest and say I can understand Krystal's point of view, when you are young and moving in with 'your guy', you don't want your little sister being around permanently, she's waited ages for this and I really think that needs to be kept in mind. They go through that stage as part of growing up and in a year or so will probably change, but right now I really can understand how she feels just going by my own daughters and what they were like.

Well, she has been living with him for 2 years now and there is another guy that is suppose to be moving in there too later on.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to slywalker

JCI. It's been a rough week. My dad was in the hospital and passed away Friday night.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Becky - I know that it's very little to say but I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you and your family.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Oh Becky I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

Becky, my heart just sank when I read that and I am so sorry for your loss. If you need ANYTHING, let us know.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I am sorry that I have not been around. I have a bunch of stuff going on and I am so busy because of it. Right now I am at work and it is crazy.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hey Shannon. I knew you'd come back!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Yeah, but not for long. We are really busy here at work!

How is everyone doing?

Marlene, in case you haven't said or I missed it, what are your plans for next week?

Becky, I have been thinking about you!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon - I took Thurs - Fri off. I don't know how I feel about driving down on Wed after work. That'd be the only way I'll get to see you and Ariel. What time are you going?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Darn. Ariel and I are going early on Wednesday and I hope to be on our way home before 3. I can't stand that traffic!

Too bad we can't hang out. I am glad you got to come take your classes though. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive all the way down here after a long day at work. We'll hang out another time!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon - you better look at your tickets, the convention starts on the 10th which is Thursday.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
JCI. It's been a rough week. My dad was in the hospital and passed away Friday night.

Oh Becky! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

I'm so sorry you had another migraine. LOL I'm very thrilled to read that she did a great job. I'm not surprised. She must take after her Mom.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Although she is cranky, at least it is working! That is wonderful news Heather!

Yes, It's practically a miracle. We are so thankful! It's not 100% and he said he'd give her a tad more in one of her legs next time, but there's been a remarkable improvement.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

Jordan has spastic muscles in her legs. There are two types of CP. One type where the muscles are too loose and the child has no muscle tone. The other type is spastic CP and it's where the child has muscles that are entirely too tight. Jordan's leg muscles were so tight that the muscles were pulling her bones out of alignment. The botox partially paralyzes the spastic muscles and makes the muscles relax.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/09/12/4715.aspx?p...

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I just found this on line and I was wrong. DUH! Lima is MUCH closer to Sandusky (CP)than Cincinnati (KI):

For those who don't follow the show, it's set in Lima, Ohio, which makes the nearest Six Flags park (Great America) about five and a half hours away. Yet the seniors were shown arriving at the park on a city bus, presumably from Lima.

(FWIW, There used to be a Six Flags in Ohio at the old Geauga Lake site, but it's been closed for years.)

If a bunch of high school seniors in Lima were going to ditch school to visit an amusement park, the obvious choice would be Cedar Point. But these sorts of references are often "product placement" deals, so it's possible that Six Flags anted up for the mention, and Cedar Fair didn't.

But shooting schedules could be the reason, too. Keep in mind that Cedar Point doesn't open for another month, and this Glee episode was shot weeks ago. In fact, the episode was shot at Six Flags Magic Mountain, outside Los Angeles. (As far as I know, Glee has never done any location shooting in Ohio.) So Magic Mountain got to be Six Flags Lima for the day.

I love that you looked all of this up! You are so awesome. I was a bit curious too.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

No. She tried to learn to drive and did pretty good but she didn't really feel comfortable doing it. I just asked her about it and she said, "Eventually. I don't really have a choice. I have to learn."

She and I are spending the evening together. It's nice. I will miss her.

I think it's great that you are spending time with her before she goes. I agree that you should tell her that she'll be mortified if her little sister drives before she does!!! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

I can Google to figure out what all of it means. Hehe

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

LOL! Yeah, most people probably don't have a clue as to what Ohio really looks like!

I forgot about the NY episode. Yep, that was definitely in NY.

I've never been to Wisconsin and I have never seen Bridesmaids. I should put both on my to do list (especially since I own Bridesmaids!)

Okay, seriously. WATCH BRIDESMAIDS. It's hysterical and you need a giggle to de-stress from all of the baloney at work.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

Tks for that Marlene, its really nice when someone can notice, I don't get much feedback here only from Gaelene, which makes me realise who my friends are eh! I don't think the Jenny Craig food has anything to do with what I've lost (it's horrible), but the way they have helped me is, I am I hate to say, greedy when it comes to food and was eating way to large a serve, you know how i love my food, so cutting back rather than cutting out, like you say about dessert, is definitely the way to go and to be able to sustain, and of course the exercise has been essential for me. Must say though at the moment I can hardly walk, for some reason the last 2 days on the treadmill have really knocked my knees about but I think its winter setting in and the arthritic joints letting me know because I am having difficulty typing with my fingers really aching. You will lose any you want to when you leave work I'm sure, its so easy when you are sitting at a desk all day to have the lbs creep on, but I know you don't over eat so just a daily walk is probably all you're going to need.

I'm sorry that your knees are hurting Lesley. I hope that the cooler weather doesn't cause you any more issues.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Actually I'm glad you mentioned that Heather, it's the brick one, it came out by Prima originally but has been copies quite a bit by different companies, and on Friday when I went up the North of our State to a Craft and Quilt Fair I managed to find one and it was only $6, so I must send a message to the kind lady that was going to send one from South Africa for me.

I'm glad that you found it! I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

I'm glad that you liked him! I think it's neat that he used to play hockey with Kyle. Small world. LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Then on Saturday, we went shopping and to see Krystal. We stopped at Krystal's house and she was in the spare bedroom in their house, brit and I went in there. I made a comment about it being brit's room. Krystal was like ummm, no.

After we left, I got to thinking and text Krystal and asked if it was still alright for Brittni to live with her. She text back and said i don't know, I don't think so. I was like "what???" she told me that she thinks Brittni should live on her own. It has been planned for over 4 years for them to live together. And when Krystal moved out 4 years ago, she was sad, depressed and lonely and cried every day because she didn't want to live alone. She has moved so many times, lived with so many people because she was sad and lonely. Now she wants brit to live alone. Brittni is really sad and depressed about it. She has been so excited to live with her sister again.

Krystal text me last night and said what the f*** ever. If she wants to live with me, I guess she can, she just isn't getting that room, she can either sleep in the basement or in the tiny bedroom. No one has been using this empty room for almost a year. So I have no clue what is her problem. But I can sure say one thing, if Brittni can't live with her, we are DONE helping her out with money, food, gas and rent.

She said she is not paying for Brittni to live there and feed her. Brittni will pay for her own stuff and her own rent.

So that is really stressing me out.

Brittni was to start college Oct. 2013 because of such a long waiting period for Graphic Design. Then they called and moved her up to July 2013. 2 weeks ago, they called and she is moved up to January 2013. So she needs to find a place soon.

I'm sorry Yvonne! I hope that you're able to get it all sorted out soon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics