Page 4 of 155 
Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrap4brains

Marlene I think Bob and I would say if asked about Portland 'it is OK' and that would be it, I'm certainly not going to recommend it to anyone, it's is ok but I prefer to get out of the city and see the scenery and that really is amazing, thank goodness we got that opportunity.

They have a lot of vintage shops here, not my scene as you know.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Oh Marlene I am so sorry you mum got worse, the poor thing, I do hope she gets better before xmas although pneumonia takes a while especially as you get older...give her a big hug from me and one to you and your sister as well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Becky you amaze me...finished the painting already...your kids are so lucky. You should pop one of those pink tape guns on your chrissy list, you would love it, I found it hard to get used top at first, but couldn't live without one now.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Nancy...welcome to the thread and I hope you enjoy it here.

We don't always chat a lot, depends how busy Heather is with all her DT work and Shannon doesn't have internet on at home so depends on how busy she is at work...hehehe...and Marlene...well she hops on from work anyway.

I'm Australian, my name is Lesley, and if ever I say anything you don't understand please say and I'll try to re phrase it...I do try to be careful though that I don't use too much Aussie slang to confuse everyone.

Yes Becky, we used to critique everything ages ago, but now we just ask for critique if we feel stuck on something, it's great that others can always come up with something you have missed like a brilliant idea...I've rec'd heaps of help over the last few years and really appreciate any advice.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

We had a very informative guy who took us down or up or across or whatever way we went today....to the Columbia Gorge and Multnomah plus other falls. Another fascinating and very informative day which I really enjoyed, Bob did as well, didn't get a lot of good shots because it was so darn cold out that way I really didn't feel like getting out of the Van. Bob jumped out and took photos a couple of times and he really takes no time to take them at all soooo just ok....then at Multnomah Falls I got really close and was fiddling around with my aperture and things to try and get a shot of the water 'looking like it was moving in the shot' .... KWIM...well I think I may have got one good one like I wanted but these 2 stupid boys kept jumping around in front of me, then one of them fell and hurt his leg, there were others there to help and we know nothing about first aid so we got out of the way, he wasn't serious but think he may be regretting his messing around for a little while. Anyway, while I was fiddling with my camera the lens got water spray on it so that also ruined a few pics.

But not to worry it was a great day. Tomorrow is even better, heading up to Erins

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Nancy what part of Northern California are you in?

I'm currently in Oregon visiting but leave tomorrow to go to my daughters house in Roy which is East of Olympia in WA, over here to have Xmas with them.

Bye for now all.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

[quote=slywalker][quote=l ilmrmaid][quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=slywalker][ quote=lilmrmaid][quote=sl ywalker]when I said I woke up last night thinking crazy things, it was about this hotel, I think it's kinky or something weird. It is really nice but what Hotel has condoms and lubricating gel on the tray with the chocolates and peanuts etc...and in the wardrobe are 2 robes, one is zebra print and one is leopard print....then for sale hanging in the wardrobe are leopard print boxers for guys and negligee set in matching print....huh!! maybe I'm just getting tooooo old.
[/quote]

Wow, well at least the condoms are not chocolate flavored LOL
[/quote]
Well....they could be Yvonne, I haven't checked them out...could they do that? hehehe..

Mind you, the phone wasn't working and I complained so the repair man came to check and had to replace it, so he left in a beautifully wrapped bag....a chocolate hammer!!
[/quote]

Ummm. I hear that they make flavored ones. Like mint. I plea the fifth on how I "heard" that. LMAO

[/quote]

I don't know about chocolate flavored but they do make flavored. LOL Have never had any in my possession but I know they do. Just ask my dd's. LOL they learned about them in Home ec class in school and came home and asked me if I knew that they made colored and flavored ones. OMG, it was hilarious, they were in shock over it.
[/quote]
what were they in shock over yvonne?....did you tell the'm 'of course I know they come flavoured' hehehe..
[/quote]

they were in shock over the fact that they come flavored.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Marlene, so sorry your mom is sick. hope she gets better quickly.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
We morphed from two different groups. Yvonne and I are original, Lesley not far behind, then Shannon then Heather. All of us have been together about 3 years I think.

That sounds about right! All I know is that it's been an absolute blast and these ladies are AMAZING! ((Hugs!))

I love it here too. Actually, these are the best friendships I've ever had! And not just because it's online. I've met with Marlene several times and I still like her...

strange that Shannon, I'm the same

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Heather J. Landry

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Ok ladies, I am just about out of here. I have finished my work for the day and the boredom is KILLING me! Plus my Cricut should be at home... but that has nothing to do with it. Really, it doesn't.

I'll be back Thursday night. I don't work tomorrow because I will be attending the school's holiday sing-a-long which Danny has told me on several occasions that he definitely will not be singing. I don't care if he doesn't sing just as long as he doesn't cry or strip. He's done both in the past.

Take care everyone!

It does have to do with the Cricut!!! LOL I hope you have fun at the holiday sing along. Ummm. He stripped at the holiday sing along???

Yeah. Since then, I have learned to dress him so that no matter what, he won't be hot.

He did not sing anything except for during "Rudolph" and even though he just sang that stupid parts like "like a lightbulb" which nobody else sang. Sigh. The teachers were all so impressed that he was there. Last year we didn't even go.

Oh I just love that kid! LOL I've never met him but MAN is he AWESOME!!!

Aw, thanks Heather! He is pretty special! He thinks about everything so differently. He's sort of fun to watch.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am almost done with the same page I have been working on all week.

Shannon - I will try to remember to mention the carts and features to help you out for a while. I'm sure Lesley and Heather will, too.

Becky - do you have a Cricut?

Yes but I never use it. I know I really should but I just never do. I should get SCAL or some carts for it.

What carts do you have?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Oooh!! Heather, what a predicament, they probably think its about time you gave them a run for the Christmas Eve thing, but I'm with you on this one because it is a tradition and I hate breaking traditions....oh I wish you luck, wouldn't want to be where you are right now for anything.

I'm going to tell them to get bent. She called here yesterday by "accident". She called the wrong number she said. Then when I brought up Christmas Eve she said... "Oh let's not talk about it! We'll work something out". Which means she doesn't want to talk to me about it. She wants to manipulate Ronnie. It makes things difficult for our marriage and it's so not fair!

Why don't both of you talk to her about it at the same time? And tell her what you just told us. Because no, it's not fair! And she needs to know that.

She won't. She calls him and manipulates him. She won't have a decent conversation with me about it. She's doing it because it's not fair. She's mad that I told her daughter off so she's trying to punish me.

When all else fails, make an ex-lax cake...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• slywalker Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • slywalker Said:
when I said I woke up last night thinking crazy things, it was about this hotel, I think it's kinky or something weird. It is really nice but what Hotel has condoms and lubricating gel on the tray with the chocolates and peanuts etc...and in the wardrobe are 2 robes, one is zebra print and one is leopard print....then for sale hanging in the wardrobe are leopard print boxers for guys and negligee set in matching print....huh!! maybe I'm just getting tooooo old.

Well....they could be Yvonne, I haven't checked them out...could they do that? hehehe..

Mind you, the phone wasn't working and I complained so the repair man came to check and had to replace it, so he left in a beautifully wrapped bag....a chocolate hammer!!

Ummm. I hear that they make flavored ones. Like mint. I plea the fifth on how I "heard" that. LMAO

And cherry and strawberry. Yep, I heard that too...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Hello there ladies! Well, my cricut came Tuesday and I have already made a "countdown to Disney World" thingy. It's cool.

The also accidentally sent me 3 other carts. Being the honest person that I am, I called them and let them know. They were really upset and wanted me to send them back immediately. I told them I only have internet at work and that I'd print the mailing label that they were going to send to my email when I came to work today. Well, it wasn't there. This is really starting to piss me off. J told me that I shouldn't have said anything to begin with. I probably wouldn't have if they were carts I wanted. However, I don't make Christmas cards nor would I make a paper nativity scene. However, the camping one is cool!

I wanna see the Disney countdown thingy!! I think it was really rude of them to be upset with you over it. It's their fault not yours, and they should've been grateful that you called. A lot of people wouldn't have!

They weren't upset with me. She seemed upset that whoever was supposed to get them didn't. Plus, one of the carts was sold out. I hope they give me a credit to the site or something... If they don't oh well. I am just glad to be rid of them. I was upset because I didn't know what to do. You can't do that to someone with ocd...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I agree with Heather about Danny. I can't wait to meet him. I hope he likes Disney World, I'm sure he will.

Don't say that Marlene! I have been toying with the idea of taking Ariel and Dan up there for a day sometime...

He is VERY excited about DW. Just not so excited about flying.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - it was my suggestion and I forgot to say on my last lo I used a cart I haven't used in a long time - Jasmine with a shadow. I almost always use the shadow function, I like the way it looks.

Oh, ok. I'll try it when I get my font carts! Hopefully next week. Thanks!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
Hi everyone! Heather invited me by.....a few days ago. Should have logged in then, cause goodness...you are all chatty! lol

I am Nancy..aka Homesclscrapper. Stay at Home homeschooling mom of 3. Brighton- 15, Mackenzie-12 and Ainsley-9. We live in Northern California.

Hey there Nancy! Welcome!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• homesclscrapper Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Heather - who's Chord on Glee, is it Sam?

Chord Overstreet is Sam. He is the third child and his family is in the country music biz. Thus the "Chord" name.

Sweet! And you know a bunch of cool things about Glee! Woo Hoo!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Nancy, welcome aboard.

I just got home, I took my mom to the ER and she has pneumonia so she's in the hospital for a couple days.

I am sure you know that pneumonia is not good - especially for older folks. Did she get it when she went to the er for the flu? Marlene, I hope she is better soon.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Well good morning everyone! I am going to TRY to get some work done today...

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mrsmiller

Hi ladies

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey Yvonne.

Well, I did a bit of work...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Oh hey! Guess what! I think we might get internet at home. J has been eyeing this laptop you can get from Sprint for free and then the fee is $50 per month for internet. We have 2 Sprint phones so I'm going to see if they have any other deal.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Good morning. I'm off a few hours and you're chatting about flavored condoms. What next? Don't answer that!

Lesley - that sounds like an interesting hotel. Kyle was not overly impressed with Portland, but he was with someone who just wanted to check out the vintage shops. Kyle comes by not liking to shop naturally as neither Ken nor I do any more than we have to. Except sb stuff for me.

Hey! Lesley started it!!! LOL Don't blame us! I like to shop just fine... I just don't like to spend money. If that makes sense!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

[quote=lilmrmaid][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=slywalker][ quote=lilmrmaid][quote=sl ywalker]when I said I woke up last night thinking crazy things, it was about this hotel, I think it's kinky or something weird. It is really nice but what Hotel has condoms and lubricating gel on the tray with the chocolates and peanuts etc...and in the wardrobe are 2 robes, one is zebra print and one is leopard print....then for sale hanging in the wardrobe are leopard print boxers for guys and negligee set in matching print....huh!! maybe I'm just getting tooooo old.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know about chocolate flavored but they do make flavored. LOL Have never had any in my possession but I know they do. Just ask my dd's. LOL they learned about them in Home ec class in school and came home and asked me if I knew that they made colored and flavored ones. OMG, it was hilarious, they were in shock over it.
[/quote]

Too funny! ROFLOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

Yep!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Heather's work is almost always near perfection and there's not much room for anything but a glowing comment.

Awww! Now I'm blushing!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
Is this how we do critiquing in this group? All groups seem to be different so I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm not the greatest at critiquing but I'll give my opinion when asked.

We usually wait if someone asks. Then I try to do the sandwich method. I say something I like, then what I'd change, and then something else I like.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I need some critique on this layout girls! It just did not come together well at all. I almost didn't load it here because I don't like it much. Sigh

Pumpkin Patch By Heather J. Landry

I don't ever remember a 2 pager by you before. I like the placement of the photos and the embellishments are very nice. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the stamping in my opinion. I think the thing that may be off is that the pp in the middle or another strip of paper needs to extend under the horizontal photos onto the second page a little more. To me it looks off balance and a couple more inches to the right would help. You are such a wonderful scrapper I kind of think I'm having a lot of nerve suggesting anything. Also I like that you are including more photos of yourself in your work. Your family and others like to see you, too.

Hmmm. That definitely makes sense to me! I think that's what's bothering me about it. Thanks Marlene! (I value your opinion VERY much and I appreciate the critique.) I have a really hard time including more photos of me. I'm not photogenic at all. IMO.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

I just got home, I took my mom to the ER and she has pneumonia so she's in the hospital for a couple days.

Oh my goodness Marlene! And just when you thought she was doing somewhat better too. I hope she gets better soon! Please keep us posted and I'll keep praying for her.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• homesclscrapper Said:
Hi everyone! Heather invited me by.....a few days ago. Should have logged in then, cause goodness...you are all chatty! lol

I am Nancy..aka Homesclscrapper. Stay at Home homeschooling mom of 3. Brighton- 15, Mackenzie-12 and Ainsley-9. We live in Northern California.

It's about time! Slacker! LOL I'm glad you're here!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Heather's work is almost always near perfection and there's not much room for anything but a glowing comment.

I love Heather's work. I used to check her gallery quite a bit when I was newer here. But as I've been here longer I don't find the time to get in people's gallerie's. I mostly just check out the stuff in the threads I'm active on.

Thanks Becky! I went to friend you and we were already friends. That must be why!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

[quote=slywalker][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=slywalker][ quote=lilmrmaid][quote=sl ywalker]when I said I woke up last night thinking crazy things, it was about this hotel, I think it's kinky or something weird. It is really nice but what Hotel has condoms and lubricating gel on the tray with the chocolates and peanuts etc...and in the wardrobe are 2 robes, one is zebra print and one is leopard print....then for sale hanging in the wardrobe are leopard print boxers for guys and negligee set in matching print....huh!! maybe I'm just getting tooooo old.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
the 5th...not the 5th amendment? hahahal...your such a dag!!
[/quote]

LMAO Yep! The 5th amendment! That'd be the one.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • slywalker Said:
when I said I woke up last night thinking crazy things, it was about this hotel, I think it's kinky or something weird. It is really nice but what Hotel has condoms and lubricating gel on the tray with the chocolates and peanuts etc...and in the wardrobe are 2 robes, one is zebra print and one is leopard print....then for sale hanging in the wardrobe are leopard print boxers for guys and negligee set in matching print....huh!! maybe I'm just getting tooooo old.

You HAVE to link me to the hotel's web site! LOL I'm not even going to ask what you were dreaming about the hotel!

'hahaha...just how kinky it was.... the website seems ok, Vintage Plaza Hotel Portland....it seems really fine....just think they have gone overboard in creating a 'modern' theme...well...I hope thats all it is, still have not seen one other person our age here, but we are comfortable.

The website is really nice! Doesn't show at all that it would be a kinky hotel. Hehe

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller]O k ladies, I am just about out of here. I have finished my work for the day and the boredom is KILLING me! Plus my Cricut should be at home... but that has nothing to do with it. Really, it doesn't.

I'll be back Thursday night. I don't work tomorrow because I will be attending the school's holiday sing-a-long which Danny has told me on several occasions that he definitely will not be singing. I don't care if he doesn't sing just as long as he doesn't cry or strip. He's done both in the past.

Take care everyone!
[/quote]

It does have to do with the Cricut!!! LOL I hope you have fun at the holiday sing along. Ummm. He stripped at the holiday sing along???
[/quote]

Yeah. Since then, I have learned to dress him so that no matter what, he won't be hot.

He did not sing anything except for during "Rudolph" and even though he just sang that stupid parts like "like a lightbulb" which nobody else sang. Sigh. The teachers were all so impressed that he was there. Last year we didn't even go.
[/quote]

Oh I just love that kid! LOL I've never met him but MAN is he AWESOME!!!
[/quote]

Aw, thanks Heather! He is pretty special! He thinks about everything so differently. He's sort of fun to watch.
[/quote]

I think he marches to the beat of his own drum and I like that because I totally do too!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
We had a very informative guy who took us down or up or across or whatever way we went today....to the Columbia Gorge and Multnomah plus other falls. Another fascinating and very informative day which I really enjoyed, Bob did as well, didn't get a lot of good shots because it was so darn cold out that way I really didn't feel like getting out of the Van. Bob jumped out and took photos a couple of times and he really takes no time to take them at all soooo just ok....then at Multnomah Falls I got really close and was fiddling around with my aperture and things to try and get a shot of the water 'looking like it was moving in the shot' .... KWIM...well I think I may have got one good one like I wanted but these 2 stupid boys kept jumping around in front of me, then one of them fell and hurt his leg, there were others there to help and we know nothing about first aid so we got out of the way, he wasn't serious but think he may be regretting his messing around for a little while. Anyway, while I was fiddling with my camera the lens got water spray on it so that also ruined a few pics.

But not to worry it was a great day. Tomorrow is even better, heading up to Erins

The waterfalls sound lovely! I'm sorry that kid got hurt. Jeez! I can not wait to see your photos.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am almost done with the same page I have been working on all week.

Shannon - I will try to remember to mention the carts and features to help you out for a while. I'm sure Lesley and Heather will, too.

Becky - do you have a Cricut?

Yes but I never use it. I know I really should but I just never do. I should get SCAL or some carts for it.

What carts do you have?

All I have is the George cart that came with it.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Hello there ladies! Well, my cricut came Tuesday and I have already made a "countdown to Disney World" thingy. It's cool.

The also accidentally sent me 3 other carts. Being the honest person that I am, I called them and let them know. They were really upset and wanted me to send them back immediately. I told them I only have internet at work and that I'd print the mailing label that they were going to send to my email when I came to work today. Well, it wasn't there. This is really starting to piss me off. J told me that I shouldn't have said anything to begin with. I probably wouldn't have if they were carts I wanted. However, I don't make Christmas cards nor would I make a paper nativity scene. However, the camping one is cool!

I wanna see the Disney countdown thingy!! I think it was really rude of them to be upset with you over it. It's their fault not yours, and they should've been grateful that you called. A lot of people wouldn't have!

They weren't upset with me. She seemed upset that whoever was supposed to get them didn't. Plus, one of the carts was sold out. I hope they give me a credit to the site or something... If they don't oh well. I am just glad to be rid of them. I was upset because I didn't know what to do. You can't do that to someone with ocd...

I know right? Little things throw me SO off my game. I like everything to be organized and to go the way it's supposed to. I think they should give you a credit! They might not though.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

I did some work!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • homesclscrapper Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Chord Overstreet is Sam. He is the third child and his family is in the country music biz. Thus the "Chord" name.

She so totally does! She's always sending me videos to tell me to watch them. LOL The sneak previews and stuff.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=slywalker]O ooh!! Heather, what a predicament, they probably think its about time you gave them a run for the Christmas Eve thing, but I'm with you on this one because it is a tradition and I hate breaking traditions....oh I wish you luck, wouldn't want to be where you are right now for anything.
[/quote]

I'm going to tell them to get bent. She called here yesterday by "accident". She called the wrong number she said. Then when I brought up Christmas Eve she said... "Oh let's not talk about it! We'll work something out". Which means she doesn't want to talk to me about it. She wants to manipulate Ronnie. It makes things difficult for our marriage and it's so not fair!
[/quote]

Why don't both of you talk to her about it at the same time? And tell her what you just told us. Because no, it's not fair! And she needs to know that.
[/quote]

She won't. She calls him and manipulates him. She won't have a decent conversation with me about it. She's doing it because it's not fair. She's mad that I told her daughter off so she's trying to punish me.

[/quote]

When all else fails, make an ex-lax cake...
[/quote]

She is driving me nuts. I'm going to buy her a passive aggressive present like she does to me for Christmas.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Oh hey! Guess what! I think we might get internet at home. J has been eyeing this laptop you can get from Sprint for free and then the fee is $50 per month for internet. We have 2 Sprint phones so I'm going to see if they have any other deal.

That would be awesome! Then we could bug ya all the time. Not just when you're at work!!!!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I love Heather's work. I used to check her gallery quite a bit when I was newer here. But as I've been here longer I don't find the time to get in people's gallerie's. I mostly just check out the stuff in the threads I'm active on.

Thanks Becky! I went to friend you and we were already friends. That must be why!

I believe you were part of Scrappin our tots when I started there.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Interesting day so far... I fixed the toilet after DH "fixed" it and broke a part of it that wasn't broken. Then he couldn't fix that part. I'm trying to decide if I want to go paper scrap or if I want to keep cleaning out my house. I have an urge to throw EVERYTHING out. I'm feeling overly cluttered! First I have to finish this digital design team page for Jessica Sprague. I'm waiting on something else I need to download. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I believe you were part of Scrappin our tots when I started there.

Oh you're right! I was. I ended up dropping out because three critique groups was too much for me with the design team stuff. The other one I was in just totally slowed down until no one posted there anymore. Now I'm only in this one!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Interesting day so far... I fixed the toilet after DH "fixed" it and broke a part of it that wasn't broken. Then he couldn't fix that part. I'm trying to decide if I want to go paper scrap or if I want to keep cleaning out my house. I have an urge to throw EVERYTHING out. I'm feeling overly cluttered! First I have to finish this digital design team page for Jessica Sprague. I'm waiting on something else I need to download. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

That is funny because I fixed the toilet that J was going to get parts for on Thursday...

While you are feeling like cleaning, keep cleaning! I find that once I get the urge that my window of opportunity only lasts a week or so.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

That's what is nice about our group - you can check in when you'd like, you don't have to comment on everything and we are all super friendly. I need a relaxing and laid back environment!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I actually completed a lo in one day yesterday. I am pretty impressed with myself! Have to take a pic of it though...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Becky, I was checking out your gallery - your kids are absolutely adorable!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I don't recall seeing Marlene around today. I hope everything is ok.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Becky, I was checking out your gallery - your kids are absolutely adorable!

Thank you!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

No problem! Oh, and I hope that didn't sound creepy...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hello. I slept in the morning until after 10, I haven't done that in so long I don't remember. Then I went to my mom's and got her some pj's etc. I went to visit her for a while but she seemed to be struggling to stay awake because I was there so I came back home. Turns out she does not have pneumonia just a nasty case of the flu. That is also dangerous for the elderly. She looked a lot better this morning. I'll go back in a while.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Looking forward to a new page Shannon. And I hope you get the internet at home. I can't imagine not having it anymore.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

My baby Cricut came with George. When I got the Ex and sold the baby bug I kept George and still use it more than any other cart. It has all the basic shapes. There are only capital letters so I don't use it for that so much, all caps seems like SHOUTING to me and I don't like to yell.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I use my font carts way more than the character ones.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm jealous of you sleeping in. I would love an opportunity to sleep late.

I also can't imagine not having internet at home. But I'd probably get alot more done around here if I didn't.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Hello. I slept in the morning until after 10, I haven't done that in so long I don't remember. Then I went to my mom's and got her some pj's etc. I went to visit her for a while but she seemed to be struggling to stay awake because I was there so I came back home. Turns out she does not have pneumonia just a nasty case of the flu. That is also dangerous for the elderly. She looked a lot better this morning. I'll go back in a while.

I'm glad you got to sleep in Marlene. I would imagine you are probably stressed from your mom being in the hospital. Have you gotten sick at all being surrounded by all the sickness? I sure hope not. I'm glad your mom doesn't have pneumonia. That is scary. I hope they keep her flu under control. Did she get a flu shot? I don't remember if you said or not.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Looking forward to a new page Shannon. And I hope you get the internet at home. I can't imagine not having it anymore.

Thanks, Marlene. I have 2 los to take pics of. I think having internet at home will be a mixed blessing. I won't have anything to do at work except for, well, work. ick.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
My baby Cricut came with George. When I got the Ex and sold the baby bug I kept George and still use it more than any other cart. It has all the basic shapes. There are only capital letters so I don't use it for that so much, all caps seems like SHOUTING to me and I don't like to yell.

Did you see the episode of Raising Hope when Jimmy fills out the pre school application and uses exclamation points? If not, you should...

I used the Mickey and Friends cart on my last lo. Since I went to Disney and I'm going again, I'm sure I'll get use out of it. I want the Mickey font cart next though. I'm sure I'll use it a lot.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:

I also can't imagine not having internet at home. But I'd probably get alot more done around here if I didn't.

I think I'd watch less tv... I try to use it for background noise but then I get totally engrossed in whatever is on.

Becky, just out of curiosity, with having small children, when was that last time you slept in?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I'm behind on my Raising Hope viewing. I will get to it though. I need a new video card or something for the computer I use by my scrap area.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Yes, my mom got a flu shot on October 1st. I have not gotten one - who knows what flu you'll come in contact with? So far, so good as for anyone else getting sick. Though I am feeling really tired today.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I love the Mickey Font cart, it is great for lo with children.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

This page was done with both Mickey carts. It's an oldie, no comments, just showing it.

Kyle Daddy Murphy By Scrap4brains

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Yes, my mom got a flu shot on October 1st. I have not gotten one - who knows what flu you'll come in contact with? So far, so good as for anyone else getting sick. Though I am feeling really tired today.

Yeah, I know. There are so many strands. You just cross your fingers and hope...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
This page was done with both Mickey carts. It's an oldie, no comments, just showing it.

Kyle Daddy Murphy By Scrap4brains

I remember that lo! Sweet, now I can make a truck like that. Well, not with all of the chalk detail...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I didn't finish what I meant about the computer in my scraproom - the sound is fine but it's like watching a slide show. The video card doesn't keep up. That'd be my guess, don't know much about it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

There is journaling under the dump bucket.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Shannon - didn't you get Street Signs? That's what I used on the lettering on the truck door.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Abby got off work at 3 so she's sitting here next to me using my co-workers computer and she saw something funny on facebook:

If Buzz Lightyear speaks Spanish in part of the Toy Story 3 movie, does he speak English in part of the Spanish version of the movie?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I didn't finish what I meant about the computer in my scraproom - the sound is fine but it's like watching a slide show. The video card doesn't keep up. That'd be my guess, don't know much about it.

I think video cards are fairly cheap and easy to install. But, I could be wrong...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

That's funny about Buzz - I'll ask Kyle.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - didn't you get Street Signs? That's what I used on the lettering on the truck door.

That's cool that the journaling is under the bucket. You'll have to remember to show it to me the next time I visit you.

Yeah. I haven't gotten my order yet, They charged my cc but I haven't gotten an email and I can't look it up on the site. You would think when you order straight from the cricut site, they'd have that info!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Ok ladies I am out until Monday morning. Take care!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

• scrap4brains Said:

Hope she is better soon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

She looks a lot better today.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Nancy what part of Northern California are you in?

I'm currently in Oregon visiting but leave tomorrow to go to my daughters house in Roy which is East of Olympia in WA, over here to have Xmas with them.

Bye for now all.

I am in San Jose. San Francisco Bay area, Silicon Valley.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:

It's about time! Slacker! LOL I'm glad you're here!!

shut up! I have a life you know! lol

Edited by homesclscrapper on 12-04-10 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

• mrsmiller Said:
  • homesclscrapper Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

She so totally does! She's always sending me videos to tell me to watch them. LOL The sneak previews and stuff.

oh yeah, I rock! lol....just love me some glee!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

ROFLMAO....you told me Ronnie wasn't very handy, but really? changing out the flapper?

Don't clean, play! Guess what I am making....my Christmas Village. When I went to the LSS last night they gave me a bunch of vintage papers and all I could think of to make was...village!

Cut two of the buildings already (with the cricut) need to embellish, and maybe one more house. woo hoo!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

and yall do chat quite a bit. I think there were like 5 pages since I had lost checked. lol

I love my cricut and have been using it quite a bit lately.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I am not usually on much on the weekends, but I check from work a lot during the week.

I use my Cricut on every page.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

OMG,I am sick. for the last 3 days I have had a stuffed nose and a headache (sinus). Last night I started coughing a lot. Today, I can hardly talk, coughing a lot, headache, feels like someone sitting on my chest and now I started vomitting and have a very upset stomach. Someone shoot me, please.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:

I think I'd watch less tv... I try to use it for background noise but then I get totally engrossed in whatever is on.

Becky, just out of curiosity, with having small children, when was that last time you slept in?

Past 10 I honestly don't know. Dh and I take turns sleeping in on his weekends off. So I get to sleep in 2 days a month but that only means 9 if I'm really really lucky. That hasn't happened since before the baby who is 5 months tomorrow. She's still nursing so dh can't really take care of that.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
OMG,I am sick. for the last 3 days I have had a stuffed nose and a headache (sinus). Last night I started coughing a lot. Today, I can hardly talk, coughing a lot, headache, feels like someone sitting on my chest and now I started vomitting and have a very upset stomach. Someone shoot me, please.

Feel better. I'm sick too. I feel like someone hit me with a truck.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Sorry you guys are sick. I am just waiting for the flu to hit me. It has been 7 days though.

Yvonne - you need to get to a doctor, that's how pneumonia feels.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

sorry that you are both sick. feel better.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Good morning.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Morning. I'm still feeling like [email protected] I really wish this cold would go away. My house is a wreck and I can't find the ambition to do anything about it. Doesn't help that Aly is sick too. But she's seems way better this morning.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I know it's easy for someone without small children to say, but try to get some rest. As much as you can.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm feeling king of carppy, too. Don't know it's because I expect to get sick or the overall worry ab out losing my job.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

Hey Lovelies!

I'm here! You can't believe how much my life has changed since I've been back to work. Hectic and fast paced!

I'll try to check in more often. Gotta run for now.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Glad you found us Carrie. Can't wait until you have time to catch us up. I am very curious.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

You are worried about losing it or you did? I'm hoping for neither. That can be very stressful.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Well I'm glad you got a little bit of work done Shannon....and hey!! that's great about the internet, I hope it comes off and you do get it on at home...the internet I mean hehehe..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Think I've got to get over that Kinky Hotel, I took pics of the gowns etc and even Erin said mmmm...strange place mum..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

Becky you may have only the 1 cart but it just happens to be the cartridge that everyone else wan'ts but finds it so hard to get.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Shannon I use the Mickey and Friends cart and the Pooh and friends cart and fonts more than anything probably because I thing the lettering is suitable for 'boy' layout's that I'm going to be doing for a long long time!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Was glad to see you pop in Marlene, as I was going through reading the posts and I noticed 'no Marlene' I did worry about your mum, glad she doesn't have pneumonia but like yu say, a bad case of the fly is also very bad for the elderly, hope she is able to pick up over the next couple of days.

Page 4 of 155 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics