Page 6 of 155 
Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

OK ladies... my work is done and I am out of here until Friday morning. Yeah, my schedule is a bit different this week. School things and dentist appointments will fill the next 2 days.

Take care!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to mrsmiller

Hello!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Shannon- I am not liking the deals either. I did love the free shipping of course And finally got some sketch books I have been dying for.

Off to work I go!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrapinbabygal

I want the stitching thing. This is the 1st year anything on the Days of Christmas have interested me and this is the 3rd thing!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I am not diggin' the 12 days of Christmas specials. The only one I would've maybe taken advantage of was the free shipping. Of course they had it on the 1 day I didn't work...

Yeah I wanted to do that day too, but didn't order right away when I seen it, and I was sick so didn't spend too much time on here and when I did remember about it, it was too late, dang it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• scrapinbabygal Said:
Hello!!

Shannon- I am not liking the deals either. I did love the free shipping of course And finally got some sketch books I have been dying for.

Off to work I go!

I was tempted to do the free shipping. But I swear I wasn't buying anymore until after Christmas. Considering I just bought myself a new camera. I should probably behave for a month or two.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Heather J. Landry

You all seem to be up on cricut. What are your thoughts on SCAL?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I was going to order the stitching thing for $8 but shipping is $6. Come on!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Shannon - about the Carousel cart... it's in the mail. I wanted to surprise you for Christmas but I don't want you to buy it. Please do not reciprocate! You already got me a bunch of paper and stuff.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Shoot! I should've sent it to Ariel!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I have DS but not SCAL. Lesley has it. I just can't make up my mind to learn new software.

OMG! Did I just say such and old lady thing?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Do you like DS? I'm just thinking SCAL may be the way to go for me. Who knows. I'd probably never use that either.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
I was going to order the stitching thing for $8 but shipping is $6. Come on!

Yeah, shipping is way too high, I wanted it too, but wasn't paying that much for shipping. NO WAY

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I don't use DS very much, it takes forever to load. It is great for finding what characters are on what carts. (I have 50). I like to weld letters, too but find it tedious to make my own characters. I think SCAL has a lot more options and you don't have to have so many carts.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Hi Sabrina, you sure are welcome, come on in and give us some details, we will all follow on with our stuff. Look forward to checking out yur gallery.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene I know if anyone cant get things in control it would be you, that's not too bad then so I'm hoping you get the 12 months so you have a bit of a slush fund as well my friends.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Glad to hear you are taking your mum home Marlene bet she's happy as well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

Aaarghh!! Shannon, I ordered twice from SB.C in the past week and I was the same with the free shipping offer, missed it both times darn...

The Hanna Montana cart will be good for you with the girls ages and the things that you all do together. I get most of my carts from ohmycrafts it has far more specials and if you enrol to get their email they usually have extra discounts.

I know it's funny that I post something and have someone come in after me rather than thread jacking for pages....kinda cool being in the same time zone almost.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Glad you are feeling a little better Becky, what a bummer getting food poisoning as well, must have been awful with those young children of yours, at least it wasn't a bug you could pass on to them I guess...lots of water and rest eh!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene I'm ok with you closing the group now, if all the new friends keep coming it will be a nice size group, hope they keep popping in though.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

hehehe,, I'm still threaed jacking sort of. got to go Henry has woken and Erin asked me to do the vegies, weve been out xmas shopping and not been home long, will pop back in to check this last page a little late.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Bye Shannon, hope your fybromyalgia is better when you have to go back to work.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Becky, Heather on here uses SCAL all the time and loves it, I'm sure she will reply to your post though, my bff here also has SCAL and although lshe isn't scrapping at the moment she has literally thousands of files, most have been free on the web but she has also done some of her own.

She is going to pass them on to me when I actually stop travelling and have time to scrap.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

Hello Lovelies.

I'm so rude. I never said hello to our new members.

Becky, Emily and Sabrina...welcome to our group!!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

So I've been teaching my girls line dancing this week. Yesterday it was the Texas Stomp and today was Slappin' Leather. Holy hell they are so funny! They either totally love it or totally hate it.

I so love my job. I'm glad I decided to go back.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, I'm going to start wrapping presents tonight. The boys are gone until Sunday and after that, I'll have them until the 26th. I want to get everything wrapped before they get home because even when they are asleep at night, I never know when they'll come out looking for me.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

By the way, I saw a shirt in Kohl's yesterday and I would have bought it if I could have found my size. It was a brown t-shirt with a gingerbread man on it with a broken leg and the caption said, you guessed it...OH SNAP!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Similar to this one.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

cute carrie

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey ladies. I have an expression, about 20 cartridges, gypsy and Scal. I use the SCAL mostly for fonts. I like the gypsy for the ability to place my cuts on the mat.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Nancy Keslin

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

Sorry Nancy. Welcome to you, too!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Good morning. Carrie - glad to see you back!!! That t-shirt is pretty cute. I love the Gingerbread Man in Shrek.

The line dancing sounds pretty fun and funny. This is probably a really dumb question but I've never let that stop me - do those dances have their own song? You're teaching middle school, right?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

My "kids" are in their 20's but if my ds was in the States I get him the new Xbox Kinex (or however it's spelled). Matty is getting a Garmin, she already got a pair of Uggs and is getting a plane ticket to Nicaragua.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

The reason Matty is getting a GPS...she was driving home from Grand Rapids which is in southeast Michigan. She has been there many times before but not driving. Anyway she and her now ex-boyfriend did not take the logical way to get back north - they missed M-31 and drove east to Lansing, missing M-27 north - still traveling east they missed M23 north and finally ended up on I-75 north. That is 2 1/2 hours out of their way. This is all freeway driving with the requisite huge signs. I couldn't believe it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I found out last night that Kyle and his girlfriend "ended" is the way she put it. I'm trying very hard not to do a happy dance. Did I or did I not say "she's not the one"?

I'm going to call him tonight to see how he's doing with it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
So I've been teaching my girls line dancing this week. Yesterday it was the Texas Stomp and today was Slappin' Leather. Holy hell they are so funny! They either totally love it or totally hate it.

Thanks for the welcome. What do you do?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• scrap4brains Said:
I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

My "kids" are in their 20's but if my ds was in the States I get him the new Xbox Kinex (or however it's spelled). Matty is getting a Garmin, she already got a pair of Uggs and is getting a plane ticket to Nicaragua.

My kids are pretty simple. They are getting tons of small stuff. I did get the older two each their own portable dvd player. I still need to get Trevor the computer game chuzzle and a robot if I can find one. They are so easy to buy for at this age.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• scrap4brains Said:
I found out last night that Kyle and his girlfriend "ended" is the way she put it. I'm trying very hard not to do a happy dance. Did I or did I not say "she's not the one"?

I hope he's ok. I take it you were not a fan of the girlfriend.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Becky Scraps

I like the gf ok, but she never wanted to do the things my son likes. He loves the outdoors and hiking and she'd want to shop. He loves to cook and she isn't interested and on and on. My son is on his second year in Nicaragua and that kind of a separation it tough.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - just finished a Masters in teching and has recently gone back to work as a middle school gym teacher.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I should've added that Carrie had a delightful stint as a STAHM. I think her boys are 3 and 5.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

That's fun. My boy is 4.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Good morning everyone

Carrie sounds like fun teaching the kids to line dance, I used to find that the most boring dance I'd ever seen, but recently they seem to be using their upper body a lot more and 'upping the beat' of the music am finding it really fun to watch, tried to do it and my brain is too old, got way behind in the steps, can imagine you'd be great teaching that.

You are super organised with wrapping the boys gifts already, what are their major gifts....don't tell me Leggo's right? think they be disappointed if some of them didn't appear in their packages.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Oh Marlene, isn't it funny us mum's know when the kids haven't chosen correctly...we know what they are like so well and then these 'different' partners come along, and you can usually predict the way it will end.

Hope Kyle isn't upset by it, and you are right that physical distance would be very hard on them both, so who split with who?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Morning Nancy...oh my goodness I just noticed how many DT's you are on, you sure must keep busy, love your work.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

That's a nice age Becky, fun to buy for like you say. Do you have a break from work over the holiday period?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

I thought 4 was fun, too. They are old enough to do stuff and young enough to think you're wonderful.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I think Kyle and Alice just kind of faded out. She was planning to go to see him at Christmas and already bought a ticket.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I think I scared the Sweetpeaemmalou away. I sure didn't mean to.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
That's a nice age Becky, fun to buy for like you say. Do you have a break from work over the holiday period?

I'm off most of the week after Christmas. My daycare provider takes it off so I usually take whatever days dh has to work off.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I have to work the 29th, the only day the office is open - I'm thinking that's going to be the day the flu catches up with me. It's really kind of ridiculous that I have to be here because I can't go to court so can't cover anything important.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Loved Glee. Britany still believing in Santa was a great concept. Who bought the walker thing? The Beast? I LOVE her character.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - how exciting the prospect of another grandchild. Boys are interesting in their own way and as we saw this summer in Vegas, you can get way cuter clothes for them now.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Good morning. Carrie - glad to see you back!!! That t-shirt is pretty cute. I love the Gingerbread Man in Shrek.

The line dancing sounds pretty fun and funny. This is probably a really dumb question but I've never let that stop me - do those dances have their own song? You're teaching middle school, right?

Yep, I'm teaching middle school girls right now. There are so many versions of each line dance that it really doesn't matter what song you choose to dance to. I played some country music the first day, but then had some music they like as well for yesterday and today.

Now, they are making up their own dances starting tomorrow and will be performing for us next week. They were so fun today!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm gladd I'm back, too. I hope I can keep caught up!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Aaarghh!! Shannon, I ordered twice from SB.C in the past week and I was the same with the free shipping offer, missed it both times darn...

The Hanna Montana cart will be good for you with the girls ages and the things that you all do together. I get most of my carts from ohmycrafts it has far more specials and if you enrol to get their email they usually have extra discounts.

I know it's funny that I post something and have someone come in after me rather than thread jacking for pages....kinda cool being in the same time zone almost.

You're in my time zone Lesley!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:

LEGO, Geo Trax, Kung Zhu Hamsters, Webkinz, Play Doh, Puzzles and just a bunch of other little stuff. Nothing spectacular, just stuff they really want.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:

Are you talking about Alice? Holy ********! Your kids are on a roll Marlene. How are you taking O'Kyle being out of the picture?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Thanks for the welcome. What do you do?

I teach girl's PE grades 6-12. They are amazing young women.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - just finished a Masters in teching and has recently gone back to work as a middle school gym teacher.

Masters in Reading, thank you very much.

Thanks for giving me props Marlene.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
I should've added that Carrie had a delightful stint as a STAHM. I think her boys are 3 and 5.

Dude, they are 4 and 6. Holy hell girl, get with it!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Good morning everyone

Carrie sounds like fun teaching the kids to line dance, I used to find that the most boring dance I'd ever seen, but recently they seem to be using their upper body a lot more and 'upping the beat' of the music am finding it really fun to watch, tried to do it and my brain is too old, got way behind in the steps, can imagine you'd be great teaching that.

You are super organised with wrapping the boys gifts already, what are their major gifts....don't tell me Leggo's right? think they be disappointed if some of them didn't appear in their packages.

LEGO for sure. What are you giving Henry?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I came home with a splitting headache tonight. I got right in the shower and put on my jammies and have been in bed chillin' watching Freedom Writers.

If you haven't seen this movie, you have to watch it. It should be mandatory for all teachers to watch it before they can start teaching. They should also have to watch it when they are feeling burned out. The kinds of kids you see in this movie are the kids I have worked with my entire teaching career. They are amazing, remarkable and have so much more to offer than people ever give them credit for.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm out yo. Have more presents to wrap!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

[quote=homesclscrapper][q uote=Heather J. Landry][quote=homesclscra pper][quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=homesclscra pper]Hi everyone! Heather invited me by.....a few days ago. Should have logged in then, cause goodness...you are all chatty! lol

I am Nancy..aka Homesclscrapper. Stay at Home homeschooling mom of 3. Brighton- 15, Mackenzie-12 and Ainsley-9. We live in Northern California.
[/quote]

It's about time! Slacker! LOL I'm glad you're here!!

[/quote]

shut up! I have a life you know! lol

[/quote]

LOL Too funny! How is the Christmas decorating going?
[/quote]

decorating is done...4 trees decorated, stockings hung...just need to make some gifts and cookies!!!!
[/quote]

You.are.superwoman! Dang girl. You're making me look like a slacker!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I knew my mom was feeling better when she gave me a whole list of things to do for her.

LOL I'm glad to hear it even if it does mean you'll be busy for a bit!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Heather, I am glad that you got good news about Lady. I need to take Chavo to the vet (our chihuahua) and I don't think it's going to be good. Ariel is upset, but she is willing to put her down if that is what's best. I keep putting off the appointment.

It was so bad that Ronnie went in the yard and dug for when I came back. I'm still not convinced that she's going to make it much longer, but the vet absolutely refused. He said that he could help her feel better. I don't know if it was because he wants to wring more money out of us or what. We don't call her the million dollar pug for nothing!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

I hope that you don't have to put Chavo down. It is so very hard. You get so attached to them and love them so much. Lady is our first baby and since we had the infertility issues for so long she was my only baby for a long time. I agree with Ariel that if they're hurting we just have to do what's best. I'll say prayers for Chavo!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
We call Matty - punkin pie.

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
hi ladies

I read all the posts, but not going to comment on them all, just a fast little post

I have only put up 2 porcelain angels and 2 snowmen for Christmas so far, tree box it upstairs but have no abitiions to put it up.

I have literally slept all day long, I feel so terrible. my phone rang twice and I didn't even hear it. LOL

My nickname when I was little was Sweetpea. After the little baby on the cartoon Popeye. My grandmother named me that, because I use to wear little nighties like sweetpea. LOL I call Brittni sweetpea.

I'm really sorry that you aren't feeling well Yvonne!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Earlier when you guys were talking about dusting, I wanted to tell you I dust by gravity. Only so much will stay up then, then it falls to the floor and you can vacuum.

That is awesome! I'm going to adopt that strategy.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Heather i hate dusting as well, but think I'd rather do that than clean toilets, I have a thing about that job...hate it, we have 3 and its a case of having to do them because Bob sure wouldn't but don't enjoy it.

Ronnie won't do ours either. He does vacuum though. So if I adopt Marlene's strategy he'll be doing the dusting too. Hehe

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrapinbabygal Said:

I see your open! Can I join pretty please? If not no worries

Welcome!!! It's nice to "meet' you!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Good morning ladies. Sorry I didn't say goodbye yesterday. I went home sick. My fibromyalgia isn't reacting well to the cold and they don't like to turn the heat on much here at work during the winter. Today I brought a blanket, a heating pad and a sweater.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. That sucks that they won't turn on the heat for you. Could you get a note from your doctor saying that the heat helps your illness?

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
This is the layout I did last night. I finally broke into my Pyrus!

Nature Walk (Scraptastic Club) By Heather J. Landry

Oh Nice, I love the Pyrus range, beautiful soft colours, great LO and a midnight one!! well done.

Thanks Lesley!!! =0) I've been staying up later to scrap lately. Not enough hours in the day!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Believe it or not, I think I am going to buy the Hannah Montana cart. There are a few fonts on it and very few Hannah Montana specific things. It's a great cart!

Ugh. Having design studio is not helping my pocketbook! Being able to see the stuff on the carts is really cool though!

I'm kinda glad I don't have it then. I did upgrade my Sure Cuts A Lot software finally. I found a coupon that made the upgrade 20 instead of 50 so I went and did it.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
This cricut business is going to be expensive! But I am lovin' it! I have a list of 16 carts I want...

Gotta tell you that your new cricut purchase inspired me to go out and get the bigger one. I found a green expression for $200 at Walmart with two carts so I went ahead and bought it with my Cristmas money from my best friends Momma. (I'm like her 4th kid. She LOVES me.)

She also sent enough to buy the Wii fit for the kids. They are going to FLIP. No way would I have bought it for them with it being so expensive but I was grateful that she did it because it'll be very theraputic for Jordan. They actually use the balance board in therapy. I'm thinking the yoga might be calming for Lexie. Here's hoping.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Sorry you are still not feeling ok Yvonne, and Becky hasn't been in either so I hope that's not because she is also still feeling ill.

You guessed it. On top of my cold. I think I got food poisioning. But I'm feeling better now!!
I'm going to attempt some lunch today. We'll see how that sits.

Oh my goodness! I hope you are all better now. I hate being sick!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrapinbabygal Said:
Hello!!

Off to work I go!

What do you do? I am probably late on telling the new girls my info so here goes...

I'm Heather, I've been married almost 10 years to Ronnie. We have three kids. Alexis 8, Jordan 6, and Brandon 3. My two girls have special needs. I am always so busy that I'm pretty sure one day I'm going to meet myself coming or going! LOL I am a stay at home Mom but we don't do much staying at home! We are always at therapy or activities for the kiddos. Anyway! Nice to meet you!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
hehehe,, I'm still threaed jacking sort of. got to go Henry has woken and Erin asked me to do the vegies, weve been out xmas shopping and not been home long, will pop back in to check this last page a little late.

I'm always thread jacking!!! LOL In fact I'm doing it right now again!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
You all seem to be up on cricut. What are your thoughts on SCAL?

I have it. I've had it for about 2 years now and I can even make my own basic files. I just upgraded to SCAL 2 and am learning how to use it. It's a bit more complicated than the first one. I used it recently and some of the functions are MUCH better. You also get a lot more options and a bunch of shapes included. Fall/Winter etc. I have a few free files on my blog too!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:

That's too cute! I remember learning the Boot Scoot Boogie one when I was in middle school. I thought it was hilarious.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
The reason Matty is getting a GPS...she was driving home from Grand Rapids which is in southeast Michigan. She has been there many times before but not driving. Anyway she and her now ex-boyfriend did not take the logical way to get back north - they missed M-31 and drove east to Lansing, missing M-27 north - still traveling east they missed M23 north and finally ended up on I-75 north. That is 2 1/2 hours out of their way. This is all freeway driving with the requisite huge signs. I couldn't believe it.

I would SO do that! I could get lost in a wet paper sack. My Mom bought me a GPS for Christmas last year and it's the best invention ever!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

You did say it!!! I hope he's okay.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

My kids want Wii games. All of them if they could. Jordan is getting an ipod because she is a music maven like her Momma! She's getting a few CD's (or downloads). The newest Taylor Swift CD, The Princess and The Frog CD, and a baby doll bed with real bedding and a mobile and storage. She's very into baby dolls. Alexis is getting Just Dance 2 for Wii, the new Disney Sing It for Wii, some movies she wants, a few books. My inlaws bought them all bikes and God knows what else. A DS game she wants... she's all about video games this year. Brandon wants trains. They have this new mega block Thomas line. They are super expensive but I kinda like the fine motor aspect of it. So he's getting some of those, a book called "I'm Bad!" (It's about a dinosaur that thinks he's really big and bad. It's so cute!). And they are all going to share the Wii fit.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• homesclscrapper Said:
Hey ladies. I have an expression, about 20 cartridges, gypsy and Scal. I use the SCAL mostly for fonts. I like the gypsy for the ability to place my cuts on the mat.

I love my SCAL but you know that!!! Do you find the gypsy screen too small and hard to see? Even with my glasses it drove me nuts.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I thought 4 was fun, too. They are old enough to do stuff and young enough to think you're wonderful.

Brandon is at that stage. He frequently comes up to say "I love you Momma!" "Will you read me a book?" I LOVE it.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Loved Glee. Britany still believing in Santa was a great concept. Who bought the walker thing? The Beast? I LOVE her character.

Yep. Did you cry? I cried! Jeez. It brought back memories of J's first time walking with her walker. So I was just a big mush. It was a great episode. I loved their version of the Who song from the Grinch.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I came home with a splitting headache tonight. I got right in the shower and put on my jammies and have been in bed chillin' watching Freedom Writers.

If you haven't seen this movie, you have to watch it. It should be mandatory for all teachers to watch it before they can start teaching. They should also have to watch it when they are feeling burned out. The kinds of kids you see in this movie are the kids I have worked with my entire teaching career. They are amazing, remarkable and have so much more to offer than people ever give them credit for.

I'll have to add it to my Netflix! Thanks for the recommendation. Have fun wrapping presents! I suck at it but I keep trying. I want the pretty mall wrapped presents but all of mine always end up not as neat. LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Okay, I think I'm heading to bed. It's ONLY 11:15 so maybe I'll get some sleep. Therapy day tomorrow and it's FREEZING here. I'm going to bring my Dexter book and sit out in the car and be antisocial again.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

Yep I agree Marlene, some adorable boys clothes around now, love the little vests we got Henry the other day, we got him a Timbertop Lumber Jacket type thingy, gorgeous.

Ok, was probably just time with Alice fading out then, good way for it to happen.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I hope Sweetpeamalou drops back in she seemed nice.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hey Carrie...I'm in your time zone...again...yay, wish I could see you though. Not sure when I'll next be back here seeing as Erin is trying to get pregnant again, because as she isn't yet, well not as far as we know, but that makes her not due before September ish...and henry's b/day is in July...so confusion now, sure she'll need me here when next one comes...oh well, just have to wait and see, but I know I won't be going south, still really want to see Chicago no matter what time I come unless its winter again...oh I hope not.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Good morning everyone

Well not Lego because he has all of Jarrod's to inherit I believe, he loves building with him and Henry is really good at it for his age. I knew your boys would be getting Lego and I bet you

LEGO for sure. What are you giving Henry?

Not giving Lego because Henry is inheriting all of Jarrod's, he loves building with him, so does Bob, but the Lego's aren't out yet. Knew you would be getting them for your boys and bet you have some good sets as well for them.

So far we have the Fisher Price Farm, I had that for the girls and they loved it and Erin wanted him to have it, think they have decided on the table and chairs I wanted to get him, just a little plastic set, well they are a good brand but Jarrod didn't want wooden, they are a little short of room in the area he plays in but Erin thought it a good idea so I reckon we will go with that as well, clothing of course, and a couple of smaller things but not sure what, need to go walk Toys 'r'Us to check out what is available, we generally go with whatever they want him to have. Bob is determined he won't be as spoilt as he was for his b'day when we went a little silly.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
We call Matty - punkin pie.

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!

That is so clever Heather, hope they don't get too frustrated trying to work it out before xmas hehehe..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:
This is the layout I did last night. I finally broke into my Pyrus!

Nature Walk (Scraptastic Club) By Heather J. Landry

Oh Nice, I love the Pyrus range, beautiful soft colours, great LO and a midnight one!! well done.

Thanks Lesley!!! =0) I've been staying up later to scrap lately. Not enough hours in the day!!!

You know how late I normally stay up when I'm at home Heather, definitely not enough hours in the day and hey! I don't have any children at home or and job to go to and I haven't scrapped in ages. Been going to bed early since we've been at Erin's though, this is the first night I've been up by myself catching up on this thread, not bothering with others tonight, well not bothering with 1 other at all, but anyway thats another story about the big one I'm about to get out of.

So if I get to bed tonight by 10.30 which I will I think, then it will be my latest night...strange for me.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

How wonderful of your friends Mommy to buy the Wii and your Expression...well give you sufficient funds to do it...how kind and thoughtful is whe, I think I can remember she did the same last year didn't she?

Wow, you will love have the Expression I'd imagine, not a lot of difference from what I've been told except you can cut a full page and now with all the lacy cuts thats pretty cool.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

My kids want Wii games. All of them if they could. Jordan is getting an ipod because she is a music maven like her Momma! She's getting a few CD's (or downloads). The newest Taylor Swift CD, The Princess and The Frog CD, and a baby doll bed with real bedding and a mobile and storage. She's very into baby dolls. Alexis is getting Just Dance 2 for Wii, the new Disney Sing It for Wii, some movies she wants, a few books. My inlaws bought them all bikes and God knows what else. A DS game she wants... she's all about video games this year. Brandon wants trains. They have this new mega block Thomas line. They are super expensive but I kinda like the fine motor aspect of it. So he's getting some of those, a book called "I'm Bad!" (It's about a dinosaur that thinks he's really big and bad. It's so cute!). And they are all going to share the Wii fit.

Wow Heather your kids are sure going to be happy come Xmas day, what wonderful gifts they are getting, you have obviously planned super well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.

Good for you Heather, that stuff is so important for her, I do hope it isn't too late, would hate to have her getting as ill as she was last time for little thing, so annoying when they don't do the job they are paid to do, if they can't deal with special need kids then why are they in that job?....aarghh! makes me so angry.

Page 6 of 155 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics