Page 7 of 155 
Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

thread jacking again...looks like everyone went to be super early.

well I'm missing out on Glee, wouldn't have any idea what is happening so don't worry about what you say girls...Erin and J don't watch it, they watch weird stuff here. At least they watch amazing race I would hate to have not seen the end of that, was actually surprised they did watch it.

Well, we had a pretty relaxing day today, went to Walmart not far from here, I have something wrong with a toe...every time I come here something happens to my darn feet...aarghh!! don't know what is wrong this time but boy my middle toe has a lump under it and is so swollen, red, itchy, sore if it doesn't improve I'll have to go see a doctor and goodness knows what that will end up costing me without being covered over here. I picked up some Cortisone ointment at W mart and it is working really well so far with stopping the pain and the swelling seems to actually have come down a bit, I'm also taking anti inflammatories which we brought with us.

Tomorrow we are going to Michael's...so excited, got my coupons hehehe....Erin reckons I'm becoming American making sure I have my coupons to go to Michael's with...remember we don't have coupons in Australia. I really wanted to get my Copic Markets while I'm here but haven't been able to find a decent price anywhere so I'm going to get the Prismacolour's tomorrow, I'm sure you said you had them didn't you Marlene? also going to get some punches but not a lot more.

Erin and I want to get the Winter Lace Cartridge and cut some snowdrops on the Cricut to hang in the front window here, so we need to get some glitter and white cardstock. I've ordered a few things online since I've been here so anxious for them to arrive.

Ok heading to bed now, hope our new members pop back in tomorrow...cheers

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to slywalker

So many things said, so many thread "jacks". Lol. I will try to respond but I only have mobile access right now.

Carrie, no worries on the formalnwelcome... It's all good, I just jumped. Teaching pe must be fun. Not. Eek, can't even begin to imagine being around so many hormonal girls. Did I mention I have an almost 13 yo. Lol

Heather. Wow

And glee, missed it, but it is on my DVr. Will watch this weekend. My girls love the show, my 9 yo I am worried tho. She misses 99% of the inappropriate stuff. But I know what the episode is about. Is she gonna find out the big guy...... She is on the edge right now. Sigh. My last years of, well you know. B

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Nancy Keslin

They skirt the issue of the big guy and don't really say one way or the other. I think a kid could figure it out though. We always told our kids that we had to pay for the presents. That explained why Matty got the car to put her Barbi in and her friend, a doctor's daughter got the battery powered Barbi car. Then the next step is logical - mom and dad are Santa.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Lesley - I have the Prismacolor pencils - my markers (which are pretty much dried up) are Tombo. Have fun at Michaels, I know how much you love that place. Just some markers and a couple punches - riiiiiiiiiight.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - Brayden is not still a baby? That went fast.

For the record I am going to say how sweet and well behaved Carrie's boys were when I met them. They joined their mom and 5 scrapper ladies for breakfast and were polite, quiet and pretty much entertained themselves. I didn't realize how old they are or maybe I would not have been so impressed.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Heather - everyone is talking about the colors of the E's, I've yet to see one. I'll be over after work. What carts did you get?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

My kids are on a roll with their SO. It sure is making short work of my Christmas list.

Alice is waivering about still going to Nicaragua. She already has a ticket and I don't think it's transferable or refundable. Her indecision and prima dona attitude has turned Kyle completely off her. She already really pi$$ed Matty off a few weeks ago (and they've been friends since middle school).

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - to answer your question, I do miss O'Kyle. I think I'll call him today.

sweetpeaemmalou
Idol
sweetpeaemmalou

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Marlene~I also do layouts. I have about 44 on my gallery. I've just been doing a lot of cards lately. Sorry. I hope this group will help me to get going on the layout ideas I have.

Lesley~That sounds like a great idea with the Winter Lace cartridge. How is Henry doing?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to sweetpeaemmalou

Hi Emily. I think we were in a challenge or two together. I don't know why, but I have been completely off cards for a few months. Maybe you're doing all mine.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Heather J. Landry

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
The reason Matty is getting a GPS...she was driving home from Grand Rapids which is in southeast Michigan. She has been there many times before but not driving. Anyway she and her now ex-boyfriend did not take the logical way to get back north - they missed M-31 and drove east to Lansing, missing M-27 north - still traveling east they missed M23 north and finally ended up on I-75 north. That is 2 1/2 hours out of their way. This is all freeway driving with the requisite huge signs. I couldn't believe it.

I would SO do that! I could get lost in a wet paper sack. My Mom bought me a GPS for Christmas last year and it's the best invention ever!

Brittni is a Junior in high school. For post prom, they always give a Senior Girl and Boy and a Junior Girl and Boy a big prize then all the others get a slightly smaller gift(Junior and Senior kids only). this year, the senior gift is a flat screen tv and the junior gift is a GPS system. Brittni hopes she gets the gps. Even though she doesn't have a car and doesn't drive. LOL

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.

Wow. That's awful. Poor thing.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

We haven't really bought anything yet for Christmas, just haven't had a lot of time to shop and we are all sick here.

I am still very sick, I would still be sleeping, but I can't stop coughing. I cough until I get physically sick.

Brittni woke up yesterday with a sore throat and coughing, she wasn't feeling good tuesday night. Today she is still sick.

Doug called me yesterday morning, he loaded in a town about 1 1/2 hours away at 6 am. He got his load ticket and then got sick. He stayed at the place that he loaded at and slept all day yesterday and last night and left there this morning, he said he is really sick. But he didn't come home, he headed down to kansas. He was so sick he couldn't drive home. Thank god he has a semi he can crawl into the sleeper and sleep.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I seen the colored Expressions in Walmart on black Friday. If I didn't already have a white one, I would of gotten one. I liked them. So cute. but then again, I have mine covered up with a hand towel to keep the dust out and off of it. LOL

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I really don't care what color my Cricut is. I think I'll work with it tonight though. I have not felt like scrapping which is really unlike me.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

By the time I go to the grocery store for my mom, drop the stuff off and get home, I may not feel like doing much else.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - they won't let you choose anything on T.V.? I think that's kind of inhospitable. I watch Glee on HULU.com

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - Brayden is not still a baby? That went fast.

For the record I am going to say how sweet and well behaved Carrie's boys were when I met them. They joined their mom and 5 scrapper ladies for breakfast and were polite, quiet and pretty much entertained themselves. I didn't realize how old they are or maybe I would not have been so impressed.

Thank you so very much Marlene. I'm pretty proud of my babies.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, I have to check out of here early. Still have presents to wrap and I would love to get that finished tonight. I'm going to try and pick up my new dog tomorrow and I don't want wrap and ribbons all over the place.

http://www.grrsn.org/albums/album_image/97 6052/7067863....

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

omg Carrie, she is so cute

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to lilmrmaid

Cute new dog!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - I have the Prismacolor pencils - my markers (which are pretty much dried up) are Tombo. Have fun at Michaels, I know how much you love that place. Just some markers and a couple punches - riiiiiiiiiight.

Mmmm....really, honestly, just some little $2 or $3 bits but not many, the 1 cartridge Pagoda, oh yes, I did get the Martha Stewart Glitter set, and Erin just reminded me I got a set of clear stamps with 'boy' sayings on it, and the couple of cross stitch kits....I think thats it...but what pulled me up was the cost of the markers, I was really determined to get them while I was over here and they were 1/2 price at Michael's today, it's a set of 48 not the 72 I wanted but I am really happy I didn't spend all that money on copics, Erin reminded me that this is a fun thing I do and not a business and the cost of them would make it seem like I was trying to create a business....she was right. I nearly got the pencils because they were a set of 72 but weren't on special anyway so would have cost a lot more. Oh and I did get 1/2 doz roles of refill tape for my glue gun...I know I paid more for them there but I just couldn't be bothered doing another online order as I have done a lot and getting sick of it a bit, although I must say I do like getting the parcels delivered.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• sweetpeaemmalou Said:

Marlene~I also do layouts. I have about 44 on my gallery. I've just been doing a lot of cards lately. Sorry. I hope this group will help me to get going on the layout ideas I have.

Lesley~That sounds like a great idea with the Winter Lace cartridge. How is Henry doing?

Hi Emily, yes I ended up getting the 2 Winter Lace cartridges, did I say that? anyway, I decided I wanted one as well as got one for my daughter....she got the thick paper and large glitter glue today, think we'll have fun doing them.

Henry is great growing up so fast and very clever, really thinks things out...but I'm his nanny so think I'm a bit biaised. One thing I will say though is I wish my dd had listened to me and had someone stay with him occasionally, he is such a mummy and daddys boy but I guess with having no family nearby and moving away from all their friends has had a big influence in that. But we do get so many laughs out of him and can't wait until he is big enough to actually remember us when we return each time.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - they won't let you choose anything on T.V.? I think that's kind of inhospitable. I watch Glee on HULU.com

No, they never have, I mean..if they are doing other things I can choose until there is something they want to watch...now how hard do you think that is when Bob and I have our own TV's at home and are used to choosing all the time...but I guess I just swallow that down and forget about it because I know when I leave I will miss Erin so much.

And because Bob hasn't got his TV and all his sport to watch (Jarrod doesn't watch any sport)...he is taking over my laptop most nights, I would like to be in bed right now but got the laptop so late tonight I'm only just warming up.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

Oh Carrie she is adorable, I could take her home so easily, must show Bob that link in the morning he will want to go get one and ship it home, so much like Murphy in the face.

Did something happen to your other dog or are you intending on having 2?

What Marlene says about your boys is so true Carrie, they were amazing that day we went out to breakfast, and super polite at your house as well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Sorry to hear you are all sick again Yvonne, hope things get better before Xmas.

sweetpeaemmalou
Idol
sweetpeaemmalou
In response to slywalker

Carrie~She is beautiful! You are a wonderful person for giving her another chance. She sounds like she will bring your family joy for years to come.

Yvonne~Hope you get to feeling better. I've got a bug too. Wish I oould flip a switch to make my cold be gone.

Marlene~Did you get to create with your cricut last night? I need to. My bug looks so lonely.

Lesley~ Have fun with your new goodies! I understand about the price. Though I would hate to really add up what I've spent on all the scrapbook stuff I've bought over the years. The cricut carts would really push my number high.

Glad you are getting to spend all this time with Erin and Henry. Even if he doesn't quite remember yet, he can look back at all the wondeful photos/layouts of your trips to see him.

Hope everyone has a wonderful friday!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Good morning. Very busy here. Had to make a run to my mom's - she wasn't answering her phone and didn't see the message light. She was ok but it's always something.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I didn't scrap last night. I've not done anything in my scrap room except walk through it since Thanksgiving. I think I heard my bug whining.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - Sandy is a very beautiful dog. Do you still have Chewy? I hope they get along. We had trouble at first with Holly accepting Betty then we went dog whisperer on them. Holly is still greeted and fed first - solved the problem right away. Dogs do care about Alpha status.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Yvonne and Emily hope you are better soon.

Becky was not feeling well either so I hope she's better, too.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I haven't done any since before Thanksgiving either. I'm hoping after Christmas to get back with it. I do have to do one page before Christmas for my parent. I bought a 12 x 12 frame for them now I just need to do a page to put in it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Becky Scraps

Looks like I was posting at the same time as you. I'm feeling better.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Glad you're better Becky.

I have the Thanksgiving pictures printed to do a mini album for a present. I'll get that done this weekend (hopefully).

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - Erin makes an interesting point about the markers and a business. I have not been able to justify the Copics either. I do really like my Prisma pencils - they are a lot more foregiving than markers - you and erase and or darken to get the shading.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I want the stitching thing. This is the 1st year anything on the Days of Christmas have interested me and this is the 3rd thing!

Yeah, I was eyeing that too. However, I am sure they'll sell it at Joann eventually and I'll get it with a coupon.

Did you get it Marlene?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - about the Carousel cart... it's in the mail. I wanted to surprise you for Christmas but I don't want you to buy it. Please do not reciprocate! You already got me a bunch of paper and stuff.

Marlene, that was a wonderful surprise! I got it yesterday and I am just so overwhelmed with your generosity. Seriously, I would've cried if J wasn't in the room. You are too kind to me. Oh, and you can't tell me not to reciprocate! It is the season of giving!

Plus, I like to send packages...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
Do you like DS? I'm just thinking SCAL may be the way to go for me. Who knows. I'd probably never use that either.

As you know, I just got DS. I am using it right now just to build my cartridge wish list...

I don't know much about SCAL.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
So I've been teaching my girls line dancing this week. Yesterday it was the Texas Stomp and today was Slappin' Leather. Holy hell they are so funny! They either totally love it or totally hate it.

I so love my job. I'm glad I decided to go back.

That sounds really cool and fun Carrie! Do you join in or do you just teach and watch?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
By the way, I saw a shirt in Kohl's yesterday and I would have bought it if I could have found my size. It was a brown t-shirt with a gingerbread man on it with a broken leg and the caption said, you guessed it...OH SNAP!

DUDE! Seriously? That would've been so cool!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
We call Matty - punkin pie.

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!

That is so clever Heather, hope they don't get too frustrated trying to work it out before xmas hehehe..

They are going to burn up all of their brain cells! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Those of you with kiddos and grandkids need to check out this link where you can make a video from Santa.

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

We did it for my three and Jordan cried because she was so thrilled. You can even put photos of them in the video and photos of what they asked for!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I found out last night that Kyle and his girlfriend "ended" is the way she put it. I'm trying very hard not to do a happy dance. Did I or did I not say "she's not the one"?

I'm going to call him tonight to see how he's doing with it.

Yeah Marlene! I hope Kyle is ok though. Who broke up with whom?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

My "kids" are in their 20's but if my ds was in the States I get him the new Xbox Kinex (or however it's spelled). Matty is getting a Garmin, she already got a pair of Uggs and is getting a plane ticket to Nicaragua.

My kids are pretty simple. They are getting tons of small stuff. I did get the older two each their own portable dvd player. I still need to get Trevor the computer game chuzzle and a robot if I can find one. They are so easy to buy for at this age.

I would get Chuzzle for myself! Awesome gift Becky!

I got Danny mostly Legos. Can't wait to step on them...
Ariel gets Littlest Pet Shop, clothes, Bratz dolls, etc.
Abby gets an electric blanket, movies, make-up, clothes, gift cards, etc. She is easy to buy for since her birthday is Christmas Eve. I just get her twice as much junk and divide it up.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Loved Glee. Britany still believing in Santa was a great concept. Who bought the walker thing? The Beast? I LOVE her character.

Yeah, Beast bought it. She is quickly turning into one of my favorites. I love the fact the Finn is keeping his distance from Rachel! But Sue as the Grinch? Now that was some awesome stuff!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Those of you with kiddos and grandkids need to check out this link where you can make a video from Santa.

We did it for my three and Jordan cried because she was so thrilled. You can even put photos of them in the video and photos of what they asked for!

I did this for my older two and they loved it. Rachel was talking to him like it was a boy she had a crush on. She was adorable.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

My "kids" are in their 20's but if my ds was in the States I get him the new Xbox Kinex (or however it's spelled). Matty is getting a Garmin, she already got a pair of Uggs and is getting a plane ticket to Nicaragua.

My kids are pretty simple. They are getting tons of small stuff. I did get the older two each their own portable dvd player. I still need to get Trevor the computer game chuzzle and a robot if I can find one. They are so easy to buy for at this age.

Abby gets an electric blanket, movies, make-up, clothes, gift cards, etc. She is easy to buy for since her birthday is Christmas Eve. I just get her twice as much junk and divide it up.

My mom got him hooked on chuzzle. Now I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking I'll just go online and download it after he goes to bed on Christmas eve and Santa can leave him a note telling him it's already on his computer. Well our computer but you know what I mean.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • slywalker Said:
This is the layout I did last night. I finally broke into my Pyrus!

Nature Walk (Scraptastic Club) By Heather J. Landry

Oh Nice, I love the Pyrus range, beautiful soft colours, great LO and a midnight one!! well done.

Thanks Lesley!!! =0) I've been staying up later to scrap lately. Not enough hours in the day!!!

You know how late I normally stay up when I'm at home Heather, definitely not enough hours in the day and hey! I don't have any children at home or and job to go to and I haven't scrapped in ages. Been going to bed early since we've been at Erin's though, this is the first night I've been up by myself catching up on this thread, not bothering with others tonight, well not bothering with 1 other at all, but anyway thats another story about the big one I'm about to get out of.

So if I get to bed tonight by 10.30 which I will I think, then it will be my latest night...strange for me.

I can't wait to see you get back into scrapping! I miss your pages. I'm sure that when you get back home you'll be ready to go with tons of new pics!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hey Carrie...I'm in your time zone...again...yay, wish I could see you though. Not sure when I'll next be back here seeing as Erin is trying to get pregnant again, because as she isn't yet, well not as far as we know, but that makes her not due before September ish...and henry's b/day is in July...so confusion now, sure she'll need me here when next one comes...oh well, just have to wait and see, but I know I won't be going south, still really want to see Chicago no matter what time I come unless its winter again...oh I hope not.

That's good that Erin is trying to get pregnant. I'm a big fan of having all of the kids close together! I wish that mine would be closer in age.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Heather, I am glad that you got good news about Lady. I need to take Chavo to the vet (our chihuahua) and I don't think it's going to be good. Ariel is upset, but she is willing to put her down if that is what's best. I keep putting off the appointment.

It was so bad that Ronnie went in the yard and dug for when I came back. I'm still not convinced that she's going to make it much longer, but the vet absolutely refused. He said that he could help her feel better. I don't know if it was because he wants to wring more money out of us or what. We don't call her the million dollar pug for nothing!

It's hard when you have a sick animal. You don't want them to die but it does get expensive to keep them alive.

We are on death watch with Chavo. J is going to dig the hole tonight while the ground is still soft enough. She isn't eating and she only drinks water when I put her by her bowl. I have been shooting her meds down her throat. We are ready for it though. Ariel is too which is the hardest thing but she knows it is time. Honestly, I don't expect to find her alive when I get home tonight. I said a few words to her this morning before I left and said a few prayers. I am sad, but I am ready.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!

Now they'll just shake them all! That is a good system though and I think it will be cute on Christmas morning to explain how you chose the names. You always come up with the cutest things!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
How wonderful of your friends Mommy to buy the Wii and your Expression...well give you sufficient funds to do it...how kind and thoughtful is whe, I think I can remember she did the same last year didn't she?

Wow, you will love have the Expression I'd imagine, not a lot of difference from what I've been told except you can cut a full page and now with all the lacy cuts thats pretty cool.

She did do the same thing last year. We ended up buying the Wii for the kids and a few games for them. She's very sweet! My expression came in about 30 minutes ago while I was catching up on the thread! I'm setting it up now, but I'll be back. I can't believe how much BIGGER it is. I've had to clear off my entire scrappy table which is pretty small and put my storage elsewhere.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
This cricut business is going to be expensive! But I am lovin' it! I have a list of 16 carts I want...

Gotta tell you that your new cricut purchase inspired me to go out and get the bigger one. I found a green expression for $200 at Walmart with two carts so I went ahead and bought it with my Cristmas money from my best friends Momma. (I'm like her 4th kid. She LOVES me.)

She also sent enough to buy the Wii fit for the kids. They are going to FLIP. No way would I have bought it for them with it being so expensive but I was grateful that she did it because it'll be very theraputic for Jordan. They actually use the balance board in therapy. I'm thinking the yoga might be calming for Lexie. Here's hoping.

for the expression!
for the Wii fit!
for helping the girls!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

My kids want Wii games. All of them if they could. Jordan is getting an ipod because she is a music maven like her Momma! She's getting a few CD's (or downloads). The newest Taylor Swift CD, The Princess and The Frog CD, and a baby doll bed with real bedding and a mobile and storage. She's very into baby dolls. Alexis is getting Just Dance 2 for Wii, the new Disney Sing It for Wii, some movies she wants, a few books. My inlaws bought them all bikes and God knows what else. A DS game she wants... she's all about video games this year. Brandon wants trains. They have this new mega block Thomas line. They are super expensive but I kinda like the fine motor aspect of it. So he's getting some of those, a book called "I'm Bad!" (It's about a dinosaur that thinks he's really big and bad. It's so cute!). And they are all going to share the Wii fit.

Wow Heather your kids are sure going to be happy come Xmas day, what wonderful gifts they are getting, you have obviously planned super well.

I have a fair bit of OCD so I have a list that I balanced out so I'd spend the same amount on each kid. (My parents didn't do that when I was younger and I was always the odd one with less stuff. I remember that and won't do it to mine!) I highlight the stuff I bought and I even put where I found it online and the price so I can keep up with budget. I am addicted to organization I think. LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.

Good for you Heather, that stuff is so important for her, I do hope it isn't too late, would hate to have her getting as ill as she was last time for little thing, so annoying when they don't do the job they are paid to do, if they can't deal with special need kids then why are they in that job?....aarghh! makes me so angry.

That was my point! Why are they doing this job if they don't care about the kids? Ugh. AND my other point is what if the other kids don't have Momma's that know the system and will stand up for them? It makes me fuming mad. I saw the para yesterday at school when I dropped J off. She said Hi to Jordan and pointedly ignored me. I don't care. So long as she does her dang job!!! They are making MY kid sick.

(I'm still chatting because I'm downloading Design Studio!)

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Geez Heather! That is totally unacceptable. However, Jordan is lucky that she has an advocate for her that will do everything possible to make sure things are fair for her. Just another reason you are a wonderful mother!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• slywalker Said:
Hey Carrie...I'm in your time zone...again...yay, wish I could see you though. Not sure when I'll next be back here seeing as Erin is trying to get pregnant again, because as she isn't yet, well not as far as we know, but that makes her not due before September ish...and henry's b/day is in July...so confusion now, sure she'll need me here when next one comes...oh well, just have to wait and see, but I know I won't be going south, still really want to see Chicago no matter what time I come unless its winter again...oh I hope not.

That's good that Erin is trying to get pregnant. I'm a big fan of having all of the kids close together! I wish that mine would be closer in age.

Me too!! How old is your grandson?

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
So many things said, so many thread "jacks". Lol. I will try to respond but I only have mobile access right now.

Carrie, no worries on the formalnwelcome... It's all good, I just jumped. Teaching pe must be fun. Not. Eek, can't even begin to imagine being around so many hormonal girls. Did I mention I have an almost 13 yo. Lol

Heather. Wow

And glee, missed it, but it is on my DVr. Will watch this weekend. My girls love the show, my 9 yo I am worried tho. She misses 99% of the inappropriate stuff. But I know what the episode is about. Is she gonna find out the big guy...... She is on the edge right now. Sigh. My last years of, well you know. B

I didn't let Lexie watch it. If I were you I'd watch it first and then decide if you want A to see it. It would be fine for Mackenzie and Brighton. Lexie keeps making comments. I'm thinking it won't be long before she figures it out. Of course that Portable North Pole video DID help. It's so realistic that she got shiny eyed over it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Heather, I am glad that you got good news about Lady. I need to take Chavo to the vet (our chihuahua) and I don't think it's going to be good. Ariel is upset, but she is willing to put her down if that is what's best. I keep putting off the appointment.

It was so bad that Ronnie went in the yard and dug for when I came back. I'm still not convinced that she's going to make it much longer, but the vet absolutely refused. He said that he could help her feel better. I don't know if it was because he wants to wring more money out of us or what. We don't call her the million dollar pug for nothing!

It's hard when you have a sick animal. You don't want them to die but it does get expensive to keep them alive.

We are on death watch with Chavo. J is going to dig the hole tonight while the ground is still soft enough. She isn't eating and she only drinks water when I put her by her bowl. I have been shooting her meds down her throat. We are ready for it though. Ariel is too which is the hardest thing but she knows it is time. Honestly, I don't expect to find her alive when I get home tonight. I said a few words to her this morning before I left and said a few prayers. I am sad, but I am ready.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking! I'd like to know what she comes back with...

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Heather - everyone is talking about the colors of the E's, I've yet to see one. I'll be over after work. What carts did you get?

I can't link it here but if you go to walmart's website and search green expression it will come up! All the colors will. They have yellow and purple and green, and I think maybe blue too. I was all over the green b/c that's my favorite color! I got the Cricut Classic Font cartridge and Playtime Light. I really like the train and the kids on the Playtime light one. It'll be very handy!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:

Wow. That's awful. Poor thing.

Thanks Becky!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
The reason Matty is getting a GPS...she was driving home from Grand Rapids which is in southeast Michigan. She has been there many times before but not driving. Anyway she and her now ex-boyfriend did not take the logical way to get back north - they missed M-31 and drove east to Lansing, missing M-27 north - still traveling east they missed M23 north and finally ended up on I-75 north. That is 2 1/2 hours out of their way. This is all freeway driving with the requisite huge signs. I couldn't believe it.

I would SO do that! I could get lost in a wet paper sack. My Mom bought me a GPS for Christmas last year and it's the best invention ever!

Brittni is a Junior in high school. For post prom, they always give a Senior Girl and Boy and a Junior Girl and Boy a big prize then all the others get a slightly smaller gift(Junior and Senior kids only). this year, the senior gift is a flat screen tv and the junior gift is a GPS system. Brittni hopes she gets the gps. Even though she doesn't have a car and doesn't drive. LOL

Well she'll drive eventually! She can keep it until then! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• sweetpeaemmalou Said:

I wish I were better at cardmaking! It'll be great to have you in the group. You can inspire me to make more cards! =0)

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
My kids are on a roll with their SO. It sure is making short work of my Christmas list.

Alice is waivering about still going to Nicaragua. She already has a ticket and I don't think it's transferable or refundable. Her indecision and prima dona attitude has turned Kyle completely off her. She already really pi$$ed Matty off a few weeks ago (and they've been friends since middle school).

I don't like indecisive ppl either! I don't blame him at all. What did she do to tick Matty off?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• scrap4brains Said:

I can't link it here but if you go to walmart's website and search green expression it will come up! All the colors will. They have yellow and purple and green, and I think maybe blue too. I was all over the green b/c that's my favorite color! I got the Cricut Classic Font cartridge and Playtime Light. I really like the train and the kids on the Playtime light one. It'll be very handy!

They have purple?!!!! Now I'm thinking I should get one. Ok not really considering I never use my baby bug. But still I love purple. My new camera is purple!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I really don't care what color my Cricut is. I think I'll work with it tonight though. I have not felt like scrapping which is really unlike me.

I think you've just had a lot to deal with lately! It's understandable. I hope you get the urge to scrap soon!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
We haven't really bought anything yet for Christmas, just haven't had a lot of time to shop and we are all sick here.

I am still very sick, I would still be sleeping, but I can't stop coughing. I cough until I get physically sick.

Brittni woke up yesterday with a sore throat and coughing, she wasn't feeling good tuesday night. Today she is still sick.

Doug called me yesterday morning, he loaded in a town about 1 1/2 hours away at 6 am. He got his load ticket and then got sick. He stayed at the place that he loaded at and slept all day yesterday and last night and left there this morning, he said he is really sick. But he didn't come home, he headed down to kansas. He was so sick he couldn't drive home. Thank god he has a semi he can crawl into the sleeper and sleep.

I think all of you should go to the doctor!!!! It sounds really bad. I hope you feel better soon.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

My mom got him hooked on chuzzle. Now I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking I'll just go online and download it after he goes to bed on Christmas eve and Santa can leave him a note telling him it's already on his computer. Well our computer but you know what I mean.

Yep, I gotcha! Santa leaves notes for our kids almost every year. He is going to leave one for Abby because she is getting a $50 Visa card for her trip to California in March and I'm not buying it until then. Ariel and Danny are getting gift cards for Disney which I already have. They are even personalized from Santa! Although, Ariel (or Abby) doesn't believe in Santa anymore but she'll play along or she won't get a gift!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Well, I have to check out of here early. Still have presents to wrap and I would love to get that finished tonight. I'm going to try and pick up my new dog tomorrow and I don't want wrap and ribbons all over the place.

http://www.grrsn.org/albums/album_image/97 6052/7067863....

She is gorgeous!!! The boys are going to be so excited. Is it a surprise for them or do they know?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Thank you.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Well, good afternoon everyone! I'll only be around until 3 today. J is picking me up because my radiator cracked when I came home on Wednesday and there is coolant all over our driveway. So, needless to say, my Jeep is in the shop.

At least it split in the driveway and not in the middle of nowhere!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Oh, guess what? I now have *7* carts! Thanks to FedEx and Marlene, I got 5 of them yesterday!

Glad I bought the carts before the Jeep took a dump!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

When I picked Danny up from school on Wednesday, he ran up to me and had me bend down so he could whisper that they had a word search that day and there was 2 bad words in it! I asked him if he told his teacher and he said that he did but that she just told him that she didn't make the puzzle. He told me that the words were @ss and sex. He said he crossed them out with a brown marker but that he had to keep one of the s's for one of the words. He's too funny! I told him they weren't necessarily bad words though. I explained that an @ss is a donkey - which he knows, and that sex can refer to if you are a male or female. Of course, he just giggled...

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=B ecky Scraps][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Becky Scraps][quote=scrap4brain s]I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, I gotcha! Santa leaves notes for our kids almost every year. He is going to leave one for Abby because she is getting a $50 Visa card for her trip to California in March and I'm not buying it until then. Ariel and Danny are getting gift cards for Disney which I already have. They are even personalized from Santa! Although, Ariel (or Abby) doesn't believe in Santa anymore but she'll play along or she won't get a gift!
[/quote]

How old are your kids again? Sorry it'll take me a bit to get everyone figured out.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Alexis' birthday is the 19th and I do the same thing! She's either getting the Just Dance 2 or Disney Sing It for her birthday, and then a couple of smaller things. I don't spend too much on birthdays (Maybe around 75$) because the parties they want are always so $$$. She wants to go to the Zoo in New Orleans for her birthday. It's supposed to be cold, my SIL is already complaining. I said, "It's not YOUR birthday. It's hers! YOU don't have to come!" In fact, she didn't come to Jordan's in April at the aquarium so I really feel it's unfair if she comes to Lexie's. I know she will though. And she'll whine the whole time and I'll want to snap at her. Sigh. She tried to talk Lexie out of going. She told her all they were gonna see is frozen monkey butt. I'm not kidding!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
When I picked Danny up from school on Wednesday, he ran up to me and had me bend down so he could whisper that they had a word search that day and there was 2 bad words in it! I asked him if he told his teacher and he said that he did but that she just told him that she didn't make the puzzle. He told me that the words were @ss and sex. He said he crossed them out with a brown marker but that he had to keep one of the s's for one of the words. He's too funny! I told him they weren't necessarily bad words though. I explained that an @ss is a donkey - which he knows, and that sex can refer to if you are a male or female. Of course, he just giggled...

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Well, good afternoon everyone! I'll only be around until 3 today. J is picking me up because my radiator cracked when I came home on Wednesday and there is coolant all over our driveway. So, needless to say, my Jeep is in the shop.

What a pain.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Alexis' birthday is the 19th and I do the same thing! She's either getting the Just Dance 2 or Disney Sing It for her birthday, and then a couple of smaller things. I don't spend too much on birthdays (Maybe around 75$) because the parties they want are always so $$$. She wants to go to the Zoo in New Orleans for her birthday. It's supposed to be cold, my SIL is already complaining. I said, "It's not YOUR birthday. It's hers! YOU don't have to come!" In fact, she didn't come to Jordan's in April at the aquarium so I really feel it's unfair if she comes to Lexie's. I know she will though. And she'll whine the whole time and I'll want to snap at her. Sigh. She tried to talk Lexie out of going. She told her all they were gonna see is frozen monkey butt. I'm not kidding!

How mean. Let the kid have the kid of birthday she wants. Especially if her own parents are cool with it.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Becky, Dan is 7, Ariel is 11 and Abby will be 17. It's ok if you have to ask a bunch of times! I had to write down the names of our newer folks and I am still referring to it!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
I haven't done any since before Thanksgiving either. I'm hoping after Christmas to get back with it. I do have to do one page before Christmas for my parent. I bought a 12 x 12 frame for them now I just need to do a page to put in it.

I hope you're able to get one done in time! I love framing layouts and giving them as gifts. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Oh Good Lord!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:

I did this for my older two and they loved it. Rachel was talking to him like it was a boy she had a crush on. She was adorable.

Isn't it AWESOME!? My 8 year old is even trying to "be good and listen to her parents" now! LOL

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

What a pain.

My brother works at the dealership so I get all of the parts at his cost which helps! They also discount the labor.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

I am so so sorry Shannon! I know just how hard it is. I really hope that if she passes away it's quick and she doesn't hurt. Big huge hugs to you and Ariel!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Oh, guess what else?! They sent me a $5 credit from custom crops for sending back the carts that they accidentally sent to me. Hey, I'll take it!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

I am so so sorry Shannon! I know just how hard it is. I really hope that if she passes away it's quick and she doesn't hurt. Big huge hugs to you and Ariel!!

Thank you.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Becky, Dan is 7, Ariel is 11 and Abby will be 17. It's ok if you have to ask a bunch of times! I had to write down the names of our newer folks and I am still referring to it!

Your 7 year old still believes? What age do they usually stop? My oldest is 4 so I'm curious when I have to start worrying. Although I already am as he's in 4k now. You never know who will ruin it for him.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:

Isn't it AWESOME!? My 8 year old is even trying to "be good and listen to her parents" now! LOL

When someone told me about it I was like yeah right. But my kids loved it. I should do another one for them.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Geez Heather! That is totally unacceptable. However, Jordan is lucky that she has an advocate for her that will do everything possible to make sure things are fair for her. Just another reason you are a wonderful mother!

Thanks Shannon! I'm spoke to the vice principal on the phone yesterday about that issue and the fact that Jordan is being bullied. I have had ENOUGH. I'm going to pull her out and homeschool if this keeps up. She's a smart cookie so it wouldn't be a problem. They have this little boy that keeps making fun of her disability and saying she's slow. Then he told her he dreamed that he beat her up the other night. She was scared. This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Louisiana. If so... WTH are the other ones like?!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

They have got to be flippin' kidding me trying to sell the cricut magazine for $75!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

They have purple?!!!! Now I'm thinking I should get one. Ok not really considering I never use my baby bug. But still I love purple. My new camera is purple!!

Yep the do! And they have white flourishes on the front. VERY pretty. Purple is my second favorite color... LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Oh that's so carppy!!! Especially around Christmas. I hope that you can get it fixed soon and that it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Oh, guess what? I now have *7* carts! Thanks to FedEx and Marlene, I got 5 of them yesterday!

Glad I bought the carts before the Jeep took a dump!

You now have more than I do even with the two new ones I got with my Cricut today. LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

I love that kid! ROFLOL Especially that he crossed them out so he wouldn't have to look at them. Hehe

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

[quote=Becky Scraps][quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Becky Scraps][quote=scrap4brain s]I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How mean. Let the kid have the kid of birthday she wants. Especially if her own parents are cool with it.
[/quote]

Yep. My point exactly. She's the type of person that always wants to run things. I'm not letting her!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Your 7 year old still believes? What age do they usually stop? My oldest is 4 so I'm curious when I have to start worrying. Although I already am as he's in 4k now. You never know who will ruin it for him.

Yep, he does. My girls stopped believing when they were 5 I think. Of course Ariel found her teeth that I had stored away and she put 2 and 2 together in regards to the tooth fairy and then since the tooth fairy wasn't real, santa wasn't either... Dan is a bit, how do I want to say this... simple. He'll probably believe until he is at least 10. Unless another kid gets to him first!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• mrsmiller Said:

Thanks Shannon! I'm spoke to the vice principal on the phone yesterday about that issue and the fact that Jordan is being bullied. I have had ENOUGH. I'm going to pull her out and homeschool if this keeps up. She's a smart cookie so it wouldn't be a problem. They have this little boy that keeps making fun of her disability and saying she's slow. Then he told her he dreamed that he beat her up the other night. She was scared. This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Louisiana. If so... WTH are the other ones like?!

This makes me so sad for her. Kids are so awful sometimes. Makes you wonder about his parents??

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Now they'll just shake them all! That is a good system though and I think it will be cute on Christmas morning to explain how you chose the names. You always come up with the cutest things!

Lexie says she wants them all to be book names next year... "As long as I don't make hers 'Ramona The Pest' ROFLOL They aren't shaking them. They are too busy trying to guess who is who. Takes their mind off of it a bit!

I'm already thinking up names for next year with the book theme now...

Jordan could be... Great Expectations!

That's going to be FUN!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Yep the do! And they have white flourishes on the front. VERY pretty. Purple is my second favorite color... LOL

Which is your favorite?

Page 7 of 155 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics