Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Heather J. Landry

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Well, good afternoon everyone! I'll only be around until 3 today. J is picking me up because my radiator cracked when I came home on Wednesday and there is coolant all over our driveway. So, needless to say, my Jeep is in the shop.

At least it split in the driveway and not in the middle of nowhere!

Oh that's so carppy!!! Especially around Christmas. I hope that you can get it fixed soon and that it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!

My brother just called and told me that it is $527.53. That's ok. I just keep remembering that it had to be fixed and I didn't pay anywhere near full price. Oh, and I'll have heat in my vehicle...

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Well, good afternoon everyone! I'll only be around until 3 today. J is picking me up because my radiator cracked when I came home on Wednesday and there is coolant all over our driveway. So, needless to say, my Jeep is in the shop.

What a pain.

My brother works at the dealership so I get all of the parts at his cost which helps! They also discount the labor.

Well that's a plus! Here's hoping it's not too $$$.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Oh, guess what else?! They sent me a $5 credit from custom crops for sending back the carts that they accidentally sent to me. Hey, I'll take it!

That's not that much but at least it's something! Have you been registering your new carts so you get rewards points?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Becky, Dan is 7, Ariel is 11 and Abby will be 17. It's ok if you have to ask a bunch of times! I had to write down the names of our newer folks and I am still referring to it!

Your 7 year old still believes? What age do they usually stop? My oldest is 4 so I'm curious when I have to start worrying. Although I already am as he's in 4k now. You never know who will ruin it for him.

Yep, he does. My girls stopped believing when they were 5 I think. Of course Ariel found her teeth that I had stored away and she put 2 and 2 together in regards to the tooth fairy and then since the tooth fairy wasn't real, santa wasn't either... Dan is a bit, how do I want to say this... simple. He'll probably believe until he is at least 10. Unless another kid gets to him first!

That's what I fear the other kids. Trevor will probably catch on to this really quick. I just hope he can keep is big mouth shut for his sisters.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Oh, guess what? I now have *7* carts! Thanks to FedEx and Marlene, I got 5 of them yesterday!

Glad I bought the carts before the Jeep took a dump!

You now have more than I do even with the two new ones I got with my Cricut today. LOL

Well, if I hadn't gotten great bargains there is no way I'd have that many! I got the Hannah Montana one for $25 at Joann.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Becky, Dan is 7, Ariel is 11 and Abby will be 17. It's ok if you have to ask a bunch of times! I had to write down the names of our newer folks and I am still referring to it!

Your 7 year old still believes? What age do they usually stop? My oldest is 4 so I'm curious when I have to start worrying. Although I already am as he's in 4k now. You never know who will ruin it for him.

Mine is 8 and still mostly believes. My 6 year old completely believes without a bit of doubt! It helps that we have a super realistic Santa to go see every year!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
We call Matty - punkin pie.

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!

Now they'll just shake them all! That is a good system though and I think it will be cute on Christmas morning to explain how you chose the names. You always come up with the cutest things!

Lexie says she wants them all to be book names next year... "As long as I don't make hers 'Ramona The Pest' ROFLOL They aren't shaking them. They are too busy trying to guess who is who. Takes their mind off of it a bit!

I'm already thinking up names for next year with the book theme now...

Jordan could be... Great Expectations!

That's going to be FUN!

Dude, seriously... you are awesome!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
They have got to be flippin' kidding me trying to sell the cricut magazine for $75!

Is it printed on gold leaf!? LOL

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Oh, guess what else?! They sent me a $5 credit from custom crops for sending back the carts that they accidentally sent to me. Hey, I'll take it!

That's not that much but at least it's something! Have you been registering your new carts so you get rewards points?

Not yet, but I wrote down all of the codes so that I can. I've been spending all my time here with you guys! Oh and I have been working...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Yep, he does. My girls stopped believing when they were 5 I think. Of course Ariel found her teeth that I had stored away and she put 2 and 2 together in regards to the tooth fairy and then since the tooth fairy wasn't real, santa wasn't either... Dan is a bit, how do I want to say this... simple. He'll probably believe until he is at least 10. Unless another kid gets to him first!

That's what I fear the other kids. Trevor will probably catch on to this really quick. I just hope he can keep is big mouth shut for his sisters.

I told my girls that if they ruin Santa for Danny, that I'll ruin Santa for them!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=scrap4brain s]We call Matty - punkin pie.

My sister's name is Darlene - okay laugh and get it over with - our dad called us Marlin and Darlin.
[/quote]

That is so cute! I would never laugh. =0) It made me smile. We call Jordan Jo Jo and Cookie. Brandon is Bubba or Bubs, Alexis is Lexie or Bobo.

Speaking of names, I'm feeling pretty smug tonight because I've outsmarted them on the present thing again this year! Last year I did numbers but it was hard to remember which was which. This year I labeled their presents with an animal name. Ronnie is "Bear". Brandon is "Turtle". Alexis is "Elephant" and Jordan is "Parrot". I chose the names based on their best attributes. I thought it would be fun Christmas morning to explain why I went with each name. Now they won't know which boxes to shake!!!
[/quote]

Now they'll just shake them all! That is a good system though and I think it will be cute on Christmas morning to explain how you chose the names. You always come up with the cutest things!
[/quote]

Lexie says she wants them all to be book names next year... "As long as I don't make hers 'Ramona The Pest' ROFLOL They aren't shaking them. They are too busy trying to guess who is who. Takes their mind off of it a bit!

I'm already thinking up names for next year with the book theme now...

Jordan could be... Great Expectations!

That's going to be FUN!
[/quote]

Dude, seriously... you are awesome!
[/quote]

Can't take credit for the book idea! That was Lexie... LOL

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Mine is 8 and still mostly believes. My 6 year old completely believes without a bit of doubt! It helps that we have a super realistic Santa to go see every year!!

That's nice. We are going to see Santa tomorrow.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
They have got to be flippin' kidding me trying to sell the cricut magazine for $75!

Is it printed on gold leaf!? LOL

They have got to know that is robbery! How many people do you think will subscribe? Maybe they think if you spend $90 on a cart, that you'll spend $75 on the mag. Well, if they have it in the store, I *may* use a coupon to check it out but they are crazy to think a lot of people can afford that.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.

Geez Heather! That is totally unacceptable. However, Jordan is lucky that she has an advocate for her that will do everything possible to make sure things are fair for her. Just another reason you are a wonderful mother!

Thanks Shannon! I'm spoke to the vice principal on the phone yesterday about that issue and the fact that Jordan is being bullied. I have had ENOUGH. I'm going to pull her out and homeschool if this keeps up. She's a smart cookie so it wouldn't be a problem. They have this little boy that keeps making fun of her disability and saying she's slow. Then he told her he dreamed that he beat her up the other night. She was scared. This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Louisiana. If so... WTH are the other ones like?!

This makes me so sad for her. Kids are so awful sometimes. Makes you wonder about his parents??

His Momma said she was shocked according to the vice principal. "He's not at all like that at home!" This same kid has been picking at her all year. "No, I can't be your friend. You're too slow!" Jordan is SO sweet and just wants to be friends with everyone. She's never done anything to him. Sigh.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Oh, guess what? I now have *7* carts! Thanks to FedEx and Marlene, I got 5 of them yesterday!

Glad I bought the carts before the Jeep took a dump!

You now have more than I do even with the two new ones I got with my Cricut today. LOL

Well, if I hadn't gotten great bargains there is no way I'd have that many! I got the Hannah Montana one for $25 at Joann.

That's an awesome deal!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Does anyone else's husband have a hard time keeping their Christmas gifts a secret? LOL I asked for an external hard drive for Christmas. I have to many digi supplies with all of my DT work and I needed more space. Instead of buying me the EHD he bought me an entirely new high resolution wide screen laptop with 3x the storage!!! He told me last night. I may be a LITTLE spoiled!? The kids are going to have this one to do homework on. I've been having problems with my network card and they don't need to be on the internet as much as I do so it all works out!

Just remembered why I don't like Design Studio. It's locked up and I can't even get it to close with the End Task feature. Sigh. I'm going to have to restart! I'll be back later.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Not yet, but I wrote down all of the codes so that I can. I've been spending all my time here with you guys! Oh and I have been working...

Working is overrated! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Oh that's so carppy!!! Especially around Christmas. I hope that you can get it fixed soon and that it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!

My brother just called and told me that it is $527.53. That's ok. I just keep remembering that it had to be fixed and I didn't pay anywhere near full price. Oh, and I'll have heat in my vehicle...

Wow. That's a lot! I guess it could be worse. Heat is always a plus!!! Okay I'm out for a bit. Gotta feed B lunch and figure out this Design Studio mess.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

[quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=Becky Scraps][quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry]Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I got swamped with DT work again! I'm mostly caught up now. Knock on wood.

I've also been dealing with the school with Jordan again. She got yet another UTI from them not changing her. I called the vice principal and said, "Either you monitor the situation and make sure it gets done or I'm hirig a lawyer and going to the school board." She's had 3 UTI's this year. I've talked to the teacher, the nurse, and the para very politely. Even after she ended up in the hospital with the second one. I am done with nice. Apparently these people don't get it. Now they are filling out a form with when they change her and what time she goes. They are breaking the law by not taking care of her. Special needs children have a different set of rights, and all of this is set up in her IEP (legal education plan). She's going to get really sick and end up back in the hospital. I'm documenting everything I can and I'm looking into getting and advocate to go to the meetings with me so I can have another set of eyes and ears.
[/quote]

Geez Heather! That is totally unacceptable. However, Jordan is lucky that she has an advocate for her that will do everything possible to make sure things are fair for her. Just another reason you are a wonderful mother!
[/quote]

Thanks Shannon! I'm spoke to the vice principal on the phone yesterday about that issue and the fact that Jordan is being bullied. I have had ENOUGH. I'm going to pull her out and homeschool if this keeps up. She's a smart cookie so it wouldn't be a problem. They have this little boy that keeps making fun of her disability and saying she's slow. Then he told her he dreamed that he beat her up the other night. She was scared. This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Louisiana. If so... WTH are the other ones like?!
[/quote]

This makes me so sad for her. Kids are so awful sometimes. Makes you wonder about his parents??
[/quote]

His Momma said she was shocked according to the vice principal. "He's not at all like that at home!" This same kid has been picking at her all year. "No, I can't be your friend. You're too slow!" Jordan is SO sweet and just wants to be friends with everyone. She's never done anything to him. Sigh.
[/quote]

That has to be so hard for you to watch too. I'm not buying that about the mother. If that was my kid he'd be in some serious trouble.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Does anyone else's husband have a hard time keeping their Christmas gifts a secret? LOL I asked for an external hard drive for Christmas. I have to many digi supplies with all of my DT work and I needed more space. Instead of buying me the EHD he bought me an entirely new high resolution wide screen laptop with 3x the storage!!! He told me last night. I may be a LITTLE spoiled!? The kids are going to have this one to do homework on. I've been having problems with my network card and they don't need to be on the internet as much as I do so it all works out!

Just remembered why I don't like Design Studio. It's locked up and I can't even get it to close with the End Task feature. Sigh. I'm going to have to restart! I'll be back later.

No my dh is the world's best secret keeper. In fact, he prides himself on it.

I don't think he's getting me anything. As we just got a new tv that is for both of us for Christmas. But we aren't going to use it till Christmas. Plus I just got a new camera. That he also won't let me have till Christmas. Scrouge!!!

And yes you are spoiled rotten!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

That is one cool gift! J and I don't really exchange gifts. We never have really.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

J finally has a facebook page. He is finding out that all of his friends are either separated or divorced. He said he is rethinking our marriage - meaning that he is starting to realize just how darn lucky we are!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hi. Been busy today. It's freezing rain here today. Yuk!

My kids are 23 and 25. I liked that they are close in age.

Heather - sounds like you are getting the school trained, but geeze why do you have to?

Shannon - you're welcome. Glad you like it. The difference with SCAL is that you can download any true type font or svg file and not have to have the cartridges.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Yea, if you try to do something DS doesn't like, it'll lock up everytime. I probably look pretty silly sticking my tongue out at it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I can't believe how far behind I got today.

Heaterh - that's awful about the bully. I am proud to say that both of my kids always stepped in and helped another kid that was having problems.

Shannon - Danny opens his mouth and out fall pearls.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Becky - I am not totally sure that my son ever REALLY believed in Santa, he always found it a bit odd. Matty probably believed until first grade and I am sure the non-believer had a lot to do with that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I think Kyle and Alice just decided that they had grown up in different directions and it wasn't going to work any more. I am surprised that Kyle put up with her Diva - ishness for as long as he did.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Matty would take O'Kyle back if he'd develop a direction - he's 23 and still isn't moving toward being an adult. I really love him to pieces but wouldn't put up with that either.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Matty's car is in the shop. It needed a new fuel pump - $750. Ouch at Christmas time or anytime really. Now that I have a new car I am glad that I KNOW how much it will cost me a month. My old mini van was nickel and diming the [email protected] out of us.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Ken and I don't really exchange gifts either. Although this year I think we're getting each other a new fuel pump.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Heather - sounds like you are getting the school trained, but geeze why do you have to?

Shannon - you're welcome. Glad you like it. The difference with SCAL is that you can download any true type font or svg file and not have to have the cartridges.

Yeah, it is cold! Brrrrrrrrr! I brought a heating pad to work. We are supposed to have a big storm Saturday night into Sunday depending how it tracks...

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until my warranty is up and give SCAL a shot. By then, I'll have learned a lot more about the machine, ds and the carts. It's all a bit overwhelming at first.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Heaterh - that's awful about the bully. I am proud to say that both of my kids always stepped in and helped another kid that was having problems.

There is a girl that Ariel goes to school with that has dandruff and the other kids tease her to the point that she cries. Ariel has befriended her and she is trying to figure out how to nicely help her get rid of her dandruff. Some of the other kids have said things to Ariel about befriending this girl and Ariel basically tells them to kiss her arse!

I like that pearl comment Marlene - I may have to use it on a lo... hmmm.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I think Kyle and Alice just decided that they had grown up in different directions and it wasn't going to work any more. I am surprised that Kyle put up with her Diva - ishness for as long as he did.

Hopefully, he'll find someone that compliments his views and such. He seems like such a lovely young man who just wants to do the right thing and help everyone out. He needs someone with those beliefs.

I hope she doesn't go visit him. That could lead to them getting back together.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Ken and I don't really exchange gifts either. Although this year I think we're getting each other a new fuel pump.

LOL! Yeah, J and I have done that same thing before. This year we decided that if the kids ask, we are getting each other the Disney trip. Probably the best gift he ever gave me!

When we were dating, he knew I wanted to get married so for a joke, he bought me a diamond shaped candle holder. I was NOT happy! I'd rather he not buy me gifts.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I can't see Ariel putting up with much.

I agree that the pearl thing would be cute.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Shannon - I did not order the stitching tool, the shipping was over half the cost.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Yeah, I saw that post later. The shipping is horrible! If I see it at Js I'll pick you up 1... not sure if I'll go back there for a bit though. I have been there enough!

Ok, I am out until the morning! Everyone take care!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

See ya Shannon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Sorry about the pooches. I do love my puppies.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Heather, I am glad that you got good news about Lady. I need to take Chavo to the vet (our chihuahua) and I don't think it's going to be good. Ariel is upset, but she is willing to put her down if that is what's best. I keep putting off the appointment.

It was so bad that Ronnie went in the yard and dug for when I came back. I'm still not convinced that she's going to make it much longer, but the vet absolutely refused. He said that he could help her feel better. I don't know if it was because he wants to wring more money out of us or what. We don't call her the million dollar pug for nothing!

It's hard when you have a sick animal. You don't want them to die but it does get expensive to keep them alive.

We are on death watch with Chavo. J is going to dig the hole tonight while the ground is still soft enough. She isn't eating and she only drinks water when I put her by her bowl. I have been shooting her meds down her throat. We are ready for it though. Ariel is too which is the hardest thing but she knows it is time. Honestly, I don't expect to find her alive when I get home tonight. I said a few words to her this morning before I left and said a few prayers. I am sad, but I am ready.

So sorry Shannon for all of you but happy to hear that you are ready...hugs to all...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am so out of touch with kids right now, I have no idea what's hot. What's everyone getting their kids for Christmas?

My "kids" are in their 20's but if my ds was in the States I get him the new Xbox Kinex (or however it's spelled). Matty is getting a Garmin, she already got a pair of Uggs and is getting a plane ticket to Nicaragua.

My kids want Wii games. All of them if they could. Jordan is getting an ipod because she is a music maven like her Momma! She's getting a few CD's (or downloads). The newest Taylor Swift CD, The Princess and The Frog CD, and a baby doll bed with real bedding and a mobile and storage. She's very into baby dolls. Alexis is getting Just Dance 2 for Wii, the new Disney Sing It for Wii, some movies she wants, a few books. My inlaws bought them all bikes and God knows what else. A DS game she wants... she's all about video games this year. Brandon wants trains. They have this new mega block Thomas line. They are super expensive but I kinda like the fine motor aspect of it. So he's getting some of those, a book called "I'm Bad!" (It's about a dinosaur that thinks he's really big and bad. It's so cute!). And they are all going to share the Wii fit.

Wow Heather your kids are sure going to be happy come Xmas day, what wonderful gifts they are getting, you have obviously planned super well.

I have a fair bit of OCD so I have a list that I balanced out so I'd spend the same amount on each kid. (My parents didn't do that when I was younger and I was always the odd one with less stuff. I remember that and won't do it to mine!) I highlight the stuff I bought and I even put where I found it online and the price so I can keep up with budget. I am addicted to organization I think. LOL

I could afford to be a bit more like you Heather, organised I am not..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Gosh its lovely to pop in to our thread and see I have heaps of pages to catch up on...keep chatting girls.

Becky I had 2 timid shy little girls and they believed in Santa till they were in Kinder then it was spoilt for them but Erin still sort of believed for a couple of years...or what I mean is, she wasn't really sure because I never gave in and said ok it's mummy and daddy.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Heather that is awful about that horrid bully boy and that you are the one that has to think about home schooling, just so unfair, but that child probably comes from a bad background like Becky says..makes you wonder about the parents if the child treats other kids like that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Hi Lesley! How's it going? Having a nice visit?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm trying to convince myself to take a few steps and start scrapping.

My mom was way better this evening, but I got home a few minutes ago.

Going to go find something to eat.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

hahaha...Becky and Heather...I'm thinking you are both spoilt rotten...enjoy you both deserve special treats.

My dh can keep a secret if he has to, I can't I always have to tell someone...we always say what we are getting each other for xmas...well we ask is more appropriate I should say...I am getting what I was promised I'd have when I retired and it never happened, that was 5 years ago, I am finally getting it for xmas from dh.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

that's great Shannon and what a bonus to have heat in the car as well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

You are soooo sweet Shannon..

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
J finally has a facebook page. He is finding out that all of his friends are either separated or divorced. He said he is rethinking our marriage - meaning that he is starting to realize just how darn lucky we are!

It seems like all of our friends are too. We make 10 years in January. Ronnie just got Facebook a while back too. He commented on my facebook page this morning and said I think he's a moron. LOL

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

for J..

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

That is one cool gift! J and I don't really exchange gifts. We never have really.

It is very cool. He knows I'm a techie and a total geek! If he bought me jewelry I'd look at him like he lost his mind. LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• Becky Scraps Said:

No my dh is the world's best secret keeper. In fact, he prides himself on it.

I don't think he's getting me anything. As we just got a new tv that is for both of us for Christmas. But we aren't going to use it till Christmas. Plus I just got a new camera. That he also won't let me have till Christmas. Scrouge!!!

And yes you are spoiled rotten!!

We try to save our big purchases until this time a year because that's when he gets his Christmas bonus. I got a new camera last year. He tried buying me a super expensive Canon but something ws wrong with it and I had to return it. I ended up buying a little point and shoot instead. I was really frustrated by the whole thing and just settled.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

haha, you are funny Marlene...enjoy the pump!!

Hey!! I just posted your gift from the other secret santa thread Marlene...you should get it Monday...guess I should put that on the other thread eh!! but not sure I will get back on there today as my elbow is real bad...coming away without my ani inflammatories was not a good idea.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Yea, if you try to do something DS doesn't like, it'll lock up everytime. I probably look pretty silly sticking my tongue out at it.

Yep. You are nicer than I am. I said some not nice words. LOL I couldn't even get to the shut off button on my computer it locked up so bad. I'm thinking I probably won't buy it. I was playing with it most of the day today and... I just really like my SCAL better. I cut out a super cool spider web border file earlier and had to scrap with it right away. Unfortunately it's too dark to take a photo.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

I don't know Marlene but if they keep it up I'm going to the school board. The squeaky wheel gets the grease right?

Shannon, I can cut all 800+ of my fonts. LOL I even became a SCAL affiliate on my blog. I'm fixing to start making SCAL files again. I want some similar to the Cindy Loo cartridge but I don't want to spend any more money. That leaves me making my own.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Hi Marlene..how's work going today, guess you are just about done for the day now though....
Yep, trip is lovely, had a quiet day today which we both needed, just popped down to the post office to post your SS gift and grabbed a couple of boxes to send my scrapping stuff home in.
Erin says I need to relax a bit, I find it really hard to just sit around and not clean or cook a meal, haven't had to cook once yet and I am enjoying it, but Bob is nagging because he says I shouldn't be eating what Erin is cooking when it isn't gluten free and has cheese and stuff in it...bugger him I'm loving everything she does.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

That's really good Marlene! I've taught my kids the same thing. Mean ppl suck!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

I should have read the next post first...glad you're home and able to go scrap now wish I could.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

Oh now that sucks!!! I hate it when unexpected expenses pop up at Christmas. Ronnie is starting to say he wants to replace my mini van. I like it too much. I'm not ready! Glad you're enjoying your new car!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

There is a girl that Ariel goes to school with that has dandruff and the other kids tease her to the point that she cries. Ariel has befriended her and she is trying to figure out how to nicely help her get rid of her dandruff. Some of the other kids have said things to Ariel about befriending this girl and Ariel basically tells them to kiss her arse!

I like that pearl comment Marlene - I may have to use it on a lo... hmmm.

That is just awful! My best friend uses this Head and Shoulders Soft and Silky or something like that and it really helps her. She's got dark hair so it shows up if she has the slightest bit. Goof for Ariel for trying to help!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• mrsmiller Said:

It is very cool. He knows I'm a techie and a total geek! If he bought me jewelry I'd look at him like he lost his mind. LOL

hahaha...dh told me to make up my mind...I love techie stuff if its related to scrapping and there are things I still want, but I also love jewellery...so it was OK...you can't have everything so go away think about it and let me know what you want...that suits me but I hate making decisions.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Yeah, it is cold! Brrrrrrrrr! I brought a heating pad to work. We are supposed to have a big storm Saturday night into Sunday depending how it tracks...

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until my warranty is up and give SCAL a shot. By then, I'll have learned a lot more about the machine, ds and the carts. It's all a bit overwhelming at first.

If you ever have any questions I'm sure we'd be glad to help! I actually taught classes on how to use it when it first came out. I pretty much remember everything I think.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

OK my sweet ladies off to watch Ophrah....have a good night everyone.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Heather that is awful about that horrid bully boy and that you are the one that has to think about home schooling, just so unfair, but that child probably comes from a bad background like Becky says..makes you wonder about the parents if the child treats other kids like that.

The vice principal said his Mom said he never behaves that way. I'm way more inclined to think that he DOES! The little boy got disciplinary action at school. Some sort of punishment and a warning not to do it again.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

You can do it Marlene!!! I can't wait to see what you make. I'm so glad that your Mom is doing so much better.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
hahaha...Becky and Heather...I'm thinking you are both spoilt rotten...enjoy you both deserve special treats.

My dh can keep a secret if he has to, I can't I always have to tell someone...we always say what we are getting each other for xmas...well we ask is more appropriate I should say...I am getting what I was promised I'd have when I retired and it never happened, that was 5 years ago, I am finally getting it for xmas from dh.

Nothing wrong with being spoiled! LOL I was a very good girl this year. Well spill! What have you been wanting since you retired that you are getting for Christmas?

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

haha, you are funny Marlene...enjoy the pump!!

Hey!! I just posted your gift from the other secret santa thread Marlene...you should get it Monday...guess I should put that on the other thread eh!! but not sure I will get back on there today as my elbow is real bad...coming away without my ani inflammatories was not a good idea.

I hope that you are able to get your elbow feeling better. It's gotta be hard to hold Henry if it's hurting.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Hi Marlene..how's work going today, guess you are just about done for the day now though....
Yep, trip is lovely, had a quiet day today which we both needed, just popped down to the post office to post your SS gift and grabbed a couple of boxes to send my scrapping stuff home in.
Erin says I need to relax a bit, I find it really hard to just sit around and not clean or cook a meal, haven't had to cook once yet and I am enjoying it, but Bob is nagging because he says I shouldn't be eating what Erin is cooking when it isn't gluten free and has cheese and stuff in it...bugger him I'm loving everything she does.

Who made him the food police?! I say you eat what you want! He's not the boss of you! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
OK my sweet ladies off to watch Ophrah....have a good night everyone.

I'm heading out for the night too! Goodnight girls.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I think I'd like to have a laptop. Right now I'm on the note book we bought Kyle. It's ok but I'd like a laptop. Good for Heather for getting a cool one.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

My dh is really good keeping secrets and loves playing elf. He doesn't always hit the mark, but that keep him from trying.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

good night.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Oh Carrie she is adorable, I could take her home so easily, must show Bob that link in the morning he will want to go get one and ship it home, so much like Murphy in the face.

Did something happen to your other dog or are you intending on having 2?

What Marlene says about your boys is so true Carrie, they were amazing that day we went out to breakfast, and super polite at your house as well.

Chewy is fine...I just wanted another dog. Now that I'm back to work, I think he gets really lonely during the day. I brought her home tonight and she is on my bed sleeping right next to me. She is half the size of Chewy and is just a doll.

Thank you for the compliments about my boys. The things you girls said about my boys makes me feel so great!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - Sandy is a very beautiful dog. Do you still have Chewy? I hope they get along. We had trouble at first with Holly accepting Betty then we went dog whisperer on them. Holly is still greeted and fed first - solved the problem right away. Dogs do care about Alpha status.

Oh yeah, Chew Chew is still here. I just wanted him to have a friend. You have to tell me what to do, though. Chewy seems to love her and she seems to love him, too. What advice do you have for me?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - Sandy is a very beautiful dog. Do you still have Chewy? I hope they get along. We had trouble at first with Holly accepting Betty then we went dog whisperer on them. Holly is still greeted and fed first - solved the problem right away. Dogs do care about Alpha status.

Oh yeah, Chew Chew is still here. I just wanted him to have a friend. You have to tell me what to do, though. Chewy seems to love her and she seems to love him, too. What advice do you have for me?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
So I've been teaching my girls line dancing this week. Yesterday it was the Texas Stomp and today was Slappin' Leather. Holy hell they are so funny! They either totally love it or totally hate it.

I so love my job. I'm glad I decided to go back.

That sounds really cool and fun Carrie! Do you join in or do you just teach and watch?

Oh I dance with them the whole time. I always tell them, "White girls can dance too, yo." I really can, too. I can move. I was sweating so much I thought I would have to put my head under the shower after every class. I was super hot!!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Heather, I am glad that you got good news about Lady. I need to take Chavo to the vet (our chihuahua) and I don't think it's going to be good. Ariel is upset, but she is willing to put her down if that is what's best. I keep putting off the appointment.

It was so bad that Ronnie went in the yard and dug for when I came back. I'm still not convinced that she's going to make it much longer, but the vet absolutely refused. He said that he could help her feel better. I don't know if it was because he wants to wring more money out of us or what. We don't call her the million dollar pug for nothing!

It's hard when you have a sick animal. You don't want them to die but it does get expensive to keep them alive.

We are on death watch with Chavo. J is going to dig the hole tonight while the ground is still soft enough. She isn't eating and she only drinks water when I put her by her bowl. I have been shooting her meds down her throat. We are ready for it though. Ariel is too which is the hardest thing but she knows it is time. Honestly, I don't expect to find her alive when I get home tonight. I said a few words to her this morning before I left and said a few prayers. I am sad, but I am ready.

Oh Shannon. I'm so sorry to hear about Chavo. I'll be thinking about you and your family.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Carrie - make sure you let Chewy have alpha status. He is greeted and fed first and they'll both be happy as can be. Sandy won't expect alpha because she is new. I hope it works out.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

We just found out that Alice broke up with Kyle. She is/was having an affair with a married man who has a child. His wife filed for divorce. The guy (whose name is Kyle) is O'Kyle's best friend so we got the down low from a close source.

I definitely don't think Alice should go to Nicaragua now. Unless Kyle just doesn't meet her at the airport.

I have tried very hard to remain neutral about Alice because I have never seen any common ground. Well, as far as I am concerned I don't have to be neutral now. I've known her since she and Matty were in middle school and Alice was always a drama queen and a pill.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Someone asked what Alice did to p*iss Matty off. Alice got a job on Manistee - southwestern Michigan. She was moving so she asked Matty (text message) if she could have a going away party at Matty's house. Before Matty could respond, Alice set it up. Matty had plans for that particular night and tried to get the date changed. Alice insisted that was the only time she'd be in town. As it turns out, she came back two more weekends in a row. Probably for a tryst. (I've never had occasion to use that word before.)

Only thing I'm worried about is Kyle but I don't think he really cares that much.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Do you think Ken will believe me next time when I tell him someone is not right for one of my kids? I'll bet not.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

It seems like all of our friends are too. We make 10 years in January. Ronnie just got Facebook a while back too. He commented on my facebook page this morning and said I think he's a moron. LOL

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

I don't know Marlene but if they keep it up I'm going to the school board. The squeaky wheel gets the grease right?

Shannon, I can cut all 800+ of my fonts. LOL I even became a SCAL affiliate on my blog. I'm fixing to start making SCAL files again. I want some similar to the Cindy Loo cartridge but I don't want to spend any more money. That leaves me making my own.

Dude, that would be so cool!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

hahaha...dh told me to make up my mind...I love techie stuff if its related to scrapping and there are things I still want, but I also love jewellery...so it was OK...you can't have everything so go away think about it and let me know what you want...that suits me but I hate making decisions.

Lesley, flip a coin!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
We just found out that Alice broke up with Kyle. She is/was having an affair with a married man who has a child. His wife filed for divorce. The guy (whose name is Kyle) is O'Kyle's best friend so we got the down low from a close source.

I definitely don't think Alice should go to Nicaragua now. Unless Kyle just doesn't meet her at the airport.

I have tried very hard to remain neutral about Alice because I have never seen any common ground. Well, as far as I am concerned I don't have to be neutral now. I've known her since she and Matty were in middle school and Alice was always a drama queen and a pill.

Ok, first of all, is everyone's name Kyle up there?

Secondly, that is SO wrong. He deserves better than that!

Third of all, if she shows up in Nica, she really has some balls!

Good Lord!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Sometimes it seems so, my Kyle is a couple years ahead of the fad. I never heard of the name before we named our son.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Someone asked what Alice did to p*iss Matty off. Alice got a job on Manistee - southwestern Michigan. She was moving so she asked Matty (text message) if she could have a going away party at Matty's house. Before Matty could respond, Alice set it up. Matty had plans for that particular night and tried to get the date changed. Alice insisted that was the only time she'd be in town. As it turns out, she came back two more weekends in a row. Probably for a tryst. (I've never had occasion to use that word before.)

Only thing I'm worried about is Kyle but I don't think he really cares that much.

Hmmmm. She has a lot of nerve.

I hope that since they have spent so much time apart and Kyle is doing such an important job that he probably was ready for it to be over long ago.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Hey there Marlene!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Well, I have some sad news. Chavo died last night. She was in the middle of a seizure when J and I got home last night and I calmed her down, hand fed her some medicine, caro syrup and some water. Then I tucked her in her fuzzy blanket, laid her on her favorite down filled pillow and put the heater next to her. I kept checking to make sure she was still breathing and eventually she wasn't. Ariel was supposed to stay the night at a friend's house but she came home with a headache and the dog died about an hour later. Jason immediately went out to dig the hole (I'm sure he was upset and needed to leave). I put Chavo in my empty box that I got from Cricut the other day and we put all of her little clothes in with her. Ariel and Danny are a mess and J cries because he can't stand to see Ariel cry. I'm glad I came to work today...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Sorry about Chavo, it's hard to let them go but much worse to let them suffer.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Thanks. I actually am relieved. I was the one taking care of her all of the time and she needed A LOT of care. Nobody seems to realize that. For the first time in a long time, I didn't have to clean up pee first thing in the morning.

It's nice that she went peacefully. She was very cozy and I'm pretty sure she just went in her sleep.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

What are you up to today? Are you feeling scrappy yet?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

Sometimes it seems so, my Kyle is a couple years ahead of the fad. I never heard of the name before we named our son.

Awesome Marlene! You are a trend setter!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Alrighty, well I am going to say so long for the day.
Everyone take care!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Well, I have some sad news. Chavo died last night. She was in the middle of a seizure when J and I got home last night and I calmed her down, hand fed her some medicine, caro syrup and some water. Then I tucked her in her fuzzy blanket, laid her on her favorite down filled pillow and put the heater next to her. I kept checking to make sure she was still breathing and eventually she wasn't. Ariel was supposed to stay the night at a friend's house but she came home with a headache and the dog died about an hour later. Jason immediately went out to dig the hole (I'm sure he was upset and needed to leave). I put Chavo in my empty box that I got from Cricut the other day and we put all of her little clothes in with her. Ariel and Danny are a mess and J cries because he can't stand to see Ariel cry. I'm glad I came to work today...

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet. They really are part of the family.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

We had dh's Christmas party for work last night. I think he had a bit too much to drink.

Today we spent most of the day doing nothing. Which wasd a mistake. I have tons to do around here. We were suppose to go to this Country Christmas thing but we got a horrible snow storm. We have a warning until tomorrow at noon. So we aren't planning to leave the house.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Well, I have to check out of here early. Still have presents to wrap and I would love to get that finished tonight. I'm going to try and pick up my new dog tomorrow and I don't want wrap and ribbons all over the place.

http://www.grrsn.org/albums/album_image/97 6052/7067863....

I told them last night when I talked to them on the phone. They are excited to meet her!

She is gorgeous!!! The boys are going to be so excited. Is it a surprise for them or do they know?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:

What a skank. I'm so sorry for Kyle and the guys wife and child. I hope Michigan isn't a no fault state.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry about Chavo. I hope your kids and J are alright.

http://www.grrsn.org/page/page/979579.htm

Be sure to scroll down past the photos of the pups.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, last night when I was trying to catch up, I totally fell asleep with my computer in my lap. I've been cleaning all day, so now that I'm finished with that, I'm finally caught up. But, I have to go now. Have to get ready for my Christmas party for work tonight! WOOT!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics