Page 2 of 67 
Username Post: January~March Secret Sisters Swap (closed for this round)        (Topic#1548923)
DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Rosita

Rosita, sounds like it went great if you actually talked that long and a text later is just icing! Good luck with a fun friend that could develop into more!
Kudos to you for raising kids who by others descriptions all about making mom proud~
Have a great day all!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to DivaDana

Thanks Dana. There were things I liked about this guy, but there were things that don't make him marriage material for me. I know y'all need to know so...one thing is that he's a chain smoker and dips too. YUCK! But the most important is that he isn't a Christian.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to DivaDana

Sounds promising Rosita.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to DivaDana

To me, the best compliment you can ever receive is to hear that your children are good people.. they are giving, esp. to their mother, and they are thoughtful. Rosita, you are such a wonderful mom and it shows through your children!!!

Can't wait to see what develops out of your 'date' last night.. so glad to hear you got a text this morning!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA...Christmas is a major production at my house...and clean-up is an even bigger one!

I had a really great Christmas! I got a camera (a good one that I've had on my wish list for 2 or 3 years now) and a kindle. Dan got a Christmas bonus this year and he bought me the gifts with it. I was totally shocked because everything has been really tight. Very sweet of him, but I wish he hadn't done that for me! He is always spoiling me when I truly don't deserve it!!!!!

Sounds like all of you had a wonderful holiday as well. I'm so thrilled!

All of you that are signed up, please look at the front page on my first post and see if your name has a * beside it. If it does, you are good to go for getting a new sister. If it doesn't, PM me your survey right away!!!!

I love you all! So glad to have all of you back!

Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I agree Danelle. I have good kids...at least out in public they are. We are always getting compliments from strangers, neighbors, and doctors/dentists offices about how polite and good our kids are! I always feel so proud...now, they are all polite at home...but not nearly as well behaved!

Mackenzie is 15 1/2 and I swear she is aging me all by herself. ATTITUDE ATTITUDE ATTITUDE!

The little ones get into stuff...but they are getting better. I don't expect perfection from them or any of them nor do I expect they will ever sit it a chair the whole day quietly reading a book! Not gonna happen here at my house!

The older kids got a game called THINGS! We played last night and you girls have to get it! I am bringing it to the retreat for us to play! It is hilarious!

Actually...I'll post some of the questions and you girls can answer on here for some laughter!

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws.

2. Things you shouldn't do in public.

3. If you could hypnotise someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotise.

That'll get us started. The object of the game is to have the reader read all the responses and the players to guess who said what. We played it like that for a few rounds...but we found it more fun to read all the answers and vote on who had the best or funniest answer! We laughed the whole game!

Well, gonna go post on our other thread.

Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

ROSITA~ A DATE???? AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME AND TELL ME ABOUT IT????? OMG, YOU KNOW I AM LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU SO GET ON THE BALL WOMAN!!!! I want details, details, details. and photos, and his name, address, SS#...well, maybe not that many details!

And to answer some of my questions...
things you should never say to your in-laws:

Wow, your son is just amazing in bed! How did he learn all those moves?

Things you shouldn't do in public...
walk around with your boobs painted in place of a shirt OR
go to walmart in your pjs

And I would hypnotise my hubby Dan and make him be totally into scrapbooking and getting scrappy supplies...once I took him out of hypnosis, think of all the scrappy supplies I would just "take off him hands" since he didn't like them anymore, out of the goodness of my heart, of course.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to avpinky327

• avpinky327 Said:
haha i like that response this site needs a like button like on fb to like ur comments

Oh I so agree! I always find myself look for the like button!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Rosita there is always the possiblity he will change! We'll just have to pray that he'll come to the light! But if you can sit and talk for three hours a first date that's a plus! And a text the morning after-bonus!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Oh my darling Pink...you should check out the website peopleofwalmart.com

It is like a trainwreck, you can't stop yourself from looking!

Ok my answers would be...

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws. "Where did you hide the rest of the hillbillies?"
2. Things you shouldn't do in public. Pull your thong out of your bum crack
3. If you could hypnotise someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotise. I'd hypnotise my hubby and leave a nice subtle suggestion to allow more scrappy spending, or just spending...

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
There is no way on EARTH that you are gonna wait 5 years, m'lady - that is another lifetime. Life is to be lived!!

You are too sweet. I've been widowed for over twelve years, what's another 5? If I wait that long, then the kids will maintain a stable environment, and I won't have a man messing up the hard work I've put into raising them.

I agree with Tina - kids tend to like to see their moms being happy - and being with someone who loves you and cares about you definitely does a lot to make one happy!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Well, if a nice one comes along and there's space in his house for a scraproom... We might be planning a wedding. Lol

Thats my girl! We went from a 5 year wait to the 'w' word in one entry on here - brilliant!

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-29-10 01:55 PM
In response to RachelUK

Rachel... I didn't see your name on the front list... better let Pink know that you are joining and send her your survey!!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

pink and annie your responses cracked me up.

rosita sounds like you had fun on your date.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I could not STAND a chain smoker, but what does it mean when you say he 'dips'?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Done my survey and I've heard back in an email from Pink, so I guess she just hasnt updated her ***s!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I could not STAND a chain smoker, but what does it mean when you say he 'dips'?

I think he "dips" means he chews tobacco or snuff. Icky, icky,icky!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Rosita have you tried a Christian singles site? That might be more to your liking and would most likely have men with similar beliefs....just my two cents.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Done my survey and I've heard back in an email from Pink, so I guess she just hasn't updated her ***s!

I updated. Sorry Rachel...I just didn't update as thoroughly as I was supposed to. Can you forgive my oversight??? Totally accidental, I promise!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Tres...I need your survey please.

Rosita will find a man...I'm sure of it!!! She needs to hold out though and find the right one! I know she deserves a great guy! And having the RIGHT one is totally more important than just having one!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I need surveys from
TINA
TRES
TRISHALOUISE
ROSITA
SUZI

Please pm them to me as soon as possible. I'm trying to get the lists together so I can divide it up between Rosita and myself. Thank you!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 12-29-10 03:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Was there a decision on the retreat date? I would like to book my plane ticket and figure out daycare/work stuff asap!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Pink I just pm'd you my survey

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Hi Dana! Good to see you back!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Okay, I'll play along....

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws.okay, I'll skip this one

2. Things you shouldn't do in public.Pee, tongue kiss or fondle, fart.(hear that Rachel's Mom?)

3. If you could hypnotise someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotise. I would hypnotize George Clooney to marry me.And LIKE it!!!! LOL!!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

ok, if it's not too late, I'm going to go ahead and join again...it's just too dang hard to resist!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
Somehow I missed adding the lo I did for the 15th, here it is.

girl's night out By Scrapbrarian

I left you some love on your Los!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I'm not sure about New Year's Eve yet, but both my kids have plans and I've got a first date tonight.

How was your Date Rosita?

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
But Rosita's kids are really awesome and very polite kids.
When we return from the Dec retreat, we were helping her take her stuff inside and she begged us not to look at her messy house for she has been working so much and hadnt clean. We walked in before she did, her kids told us not to tell her, let her be surprised. They had cleaned the house spotless, rearrange the livingroom for room for the Christmas tree, decorated the whole house. She cried when she came in the house. Her kids are so thoughtful and sweet. I am thinking about taking Bug with me to see her and leaving Bug with her so she can make her like her daughter.

Her kids really do sound like perfect angels!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Thanks Dana. There were things I liked about this guy, but there were things that don't make him marriage material for me. I know y'all need to know so...one thing is that he's a chain smoker and dips too. YUCK! But the most important is that he isn't a Christian.

Yeah smoking and dipping are pretty gross habits I think. I hope you find the perfect man for you.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• thinkpink22 Said:
ROSITA~ A DATE???? AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME AND TELL ME ABOUT IT????? OMG, YOU KNOW I AM LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU SO GET ON THE BALL WOMAN!!!! I want details, details, details. and photos, and his name, address, SS#...well, maybe not that many details!

And to answer some of my questions...
things you should never say to your in-laws:

Wow, your son is just amazing in bed! How did he learn all those moves?

Things you shouldn't do in public...
walk around with your boobs painted in place of a shirt OR
go to walmart in your pjs

And I would hypnotise my hubby Dan and make him be totally into scrapbooking and getting scrappy supplies...once I took him out of hypnosis, think of all the scrappy supplies I would just "take off him hands" since he didn't like them anymore, out of the goodness of my heart, of course.

I love your response to both questions!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Peridotskies

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws. Your both nuts!!!

2. Things you shouldn't do in public. Go jogging in you underwear, do a striptease in your supermarket, or burp real lose in a restraunt lol.

3. If you could hypnotise someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotise. My Twin Sister's fiance. I would tell him while I was hypnotizing him that he would not whine because he was being asked to help her with anything.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

A stroll throught the patch By Peridotskies I have started scrapping my pics from this October.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Pumpkin patch By Peridotskies

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Grease monkeys By Peridotskies

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

cute layouts katrina. i like how you were able to get so many pictures in!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Kimberly, I read on the other thread that your other camera broke before Christmas. I'm so so so sorry. But at least you got new one.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to jackie9635

• jackie9635 Said:
cute layouts katrina. i like how you were able to get so many pictures in!

I use the feature on Walgreens where you can add a frame and I used the thick white frame that leaves the picture allot bigger than a wallet sized print.
Oh and Walgreen has a offr going o till January 3rd that you can choose out of three prices for 4x6 prints based of the number of prints. Such as 75 prints for 10 cents each.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws. The MIL would be- You're such a B!tch. Now my mil isnt, the last one wasnt, my daughter had the queen of them all though.
Funny - Is fil hung too?

2. Things you shouldn't do in public. talk about your personal business on your cell really loud or cussing
Cheat on your spouse.

3. If you could hypnotize someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotize. It would be Bug's mom, and make her into a good mom/person/lady.
A woman who thinks she is above others, to act like a hooker

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug

grrrr.

i dont wanna work Thurs-Sun from 11pm-7am...

so if you dont see/hear from me.. im recovering from work

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

just in case i dont have time to do it later !!!

cant wait to start this round...
already have some ideas in my head....

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to lydbug

Good Mornin Y'all!!

Another day of work. Yay for the money. Boo for the pain. A LOT up upstairs windows to do today. At least it didn't freeze last night. It will probably be a really nice day to work outside.

Katrina those are really great pages. That's great how you used so many pictures!!

I'm hoping to get to do a page or two this weekend. I don't have or want any plans for NewYears because I want to scrap. I'm working so much this week and next that I just want to rest my poor old body.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Oh I almost forgot. Jan.1 from 3-4pm Christine is having a live chat over at Scrappy Chic Cafe. Come join us. Any of you girls that are already registered over there can bring 2 new friends or more and if they sign up and say that you brought them and they attend the live chat, the one that brings the most wins a prize. She's doing it early this time in hopes to be able to get to talk to the international ones. (that means YOU Rachel)

Hope to see you girls there!!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

ok finally switching myself over here.

no plans for new years, I don't really get into it. Jason is working till 8 or so anyway, which is just fine with me. I'll be home scrappin or watching tv!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Tina scraps

Moving over here....

I don't have major plans for New Years, I will be at my parents and am hoping to get to see a relative or two that I don't see often, hope I don't forget the camera.

It is extremely quiet at work today, very few people are in and we already have the word that those of us who are get to leave a couple hours early.

I am very excited to get my new sister, I am just itching to do some shopping.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Sherrenae

Deb.. your situation with your sisters kid has been on my mind and I find t unbelievable that she could even think that is what you need right now! You've got enough on your plate dealing with life in general.. UGH.. I don't understand people!!! Seems sometimes it is family that takes the most advantage.

Pink.. so good to see you.. I am so sorry of the pain you live with every day. And I understand exactly what you mean by even just having a name makes things better. Sometimes when you are in pain and they can't figure it out, makes a person think they are losing it. I will just pray that they figure something out to help you live without pain real soon.

I'm seeing some wonderful LO's!! It's so good to be able to get back in the grove of scrapping and creating!

So glad so many of you are joining up again!! I am excited to get things started!

Good morning ladies!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to lynnde

hi girls.

katrina thanks for the tip

lydia you should definitely relax after that shift.

well i cant talk much i woke up so late today. i have to get ready for work. maybe ill have time at work to catch up

hope you all have a great day.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to jackie9635

It is only 11:30, I have a feeling the next couple of hours are going to drag by so slowly!

We're expecting a lovely 'wintery mix' so snow, sleet, rain, ice etc, so our weather man advised the area to have alternative plans for tomorrow night. So Coby and I are going to a friend's house for game night, but if that doesn't happen we have champagne in the fridge and the number for our favorite pizza place by the phone. To be honest I'm keeping my fingers crossed for staying home!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hi everyone, thought I'd check in real quick before I have to get to work on this house! Being gone 3 days is a killer, LOL. Have a great evening!

Mayor
  • 888 on 12-30-10 12:43 PM
In response to DivaDana

I'm leaving in an hour to the mountains for the weekend, I won't be back until Sunday. If we are able to get the internet up there, I'll be checking in with you all!!!

If not I'll see you on Sunday... and if that is the case... everyone have a Very Safe and Happy New Year!!!

Here is something from me ....for ya'll

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace
In response to 888

Suzi, love the Olive Garden pic.

Here's one of Pink that I happen to have.

Pink at Olive Garden By DebDoodlesotherplace

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I'll be videoing a wedding during the chat Saturday.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Rosita

hello everyone!
I hope you all are having a good day. Im amazed at how quickly the day has flown by! I had committed to myself last night that today I was going to get up, go to the doc early, get my script then go to my scraproom...it's 4:20 and I havent been in there yet! sheesh! Where the H3LL is my mojo! I miss it! DANG!!!!

I started cleaning my closet tho. That's one of my resolutions. BEFORE New Years Day, clean and organize my closet! You should seemy bedroom right now...looks like a bomb blew up in there from my 'organizing'. LOL

Aww Rosita I hate you'll miss the chat at SSC, but how fun to get to video a wedding..you really are a woman with numerous talents!

Hi DivaDana, good to see you.. You too Lydia. I'm ready to see who I get to shop for for the next three months!

Deb, I don't know how ya do it girl, all that hard work and up and down ladders. I'm gettin old and outa shape! I hpe to fix that soon tho...with my new Wii, Zumba and awesome setup I got for Christmas on the sunporch.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to youvegotmel

Jackie, I forgot to say that I'm sorry about your little puppy.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

Rosita - thanks. we're going to dinner tonight. angie, my little brother a family friend and his "parole officer" (it's actually his youth group leader but he jokes it's his parole officer) are going for pizza to help cheer my little brother up a bit.

deb that picture is too funny.

annie love that new avi. and either of the two plans sound fun to me!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
Done my survey and I've heard back in an email from Pink, so I guess she just hasn't updated her ***s!

I updated. Sorry Rachel...I just didn't update as thoroughly as I was supposed to. Can you forgive my oversight??? Totally accidental, I promise!

I thought I'd used an unacceptable swear word there, but then realised I used the same asterisks as Nikilynn had!! Of course it doesnt matter Pink - you and I knew what was going on!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Okay, I'll play along....

1. Things you shouldn't say to your in-laws.okay, I'll skip this one

2. Things you shouldn't do in public.Pee, tongue kiss or fondle, fart.(hear that Rachel's Mom?)

3. If you could hypnotise someone, what would you have them do and who would you hypnotise. I would hypnotize George Clooney to marry me.And LIKE it!!!! LOL!!

Hey - my mum never let 'being in public' bother her when she lets go!!!!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• youvegotmel Said:
ok, if it's not too late, I'm going to go ahead and join again...it's just too dang hard to resist!

Brilliant news Mel - you made my evening!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

Okay Debbie Doodles...get that photo off of here this instant!!! I actually found that to be a great laugh this evening...so thanks for that one!

I got everyone who has signed up divided up and ready to be given their new sisters...everyone ready?????

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

OK - time to upload some of my Christmas journal los. I am pretty much up to date, which is amazing as I am back at work already, but I was waiting for the photos, which arrived today, so here goes with the first three.

My list! By RachelUK

Wrapping By RachelUK

Tree By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I think the Olive Garden looks like a dangerous place to be if Debs is anywhere close with a camera!

Debs - I agree with Danelle - your nephew is taking the pi$$!! I would put the rent up to $60 per week in the new year - give them warning now, that that is the only way you can afford for them to stay. That should sharpen their minds and get them working or MOVING!! My sister had student lodgers for years, and the going rate then was £10 per night. She didnt cook for them unless she was cooking anyway and they asked, and she made them leave their washing until there was a full load. At $10 per night it would be $70 per week, so you can say it is less for family!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Yup - we're ready Pink!!

Annie - gorgeous new lo - looks like a rreal romantic one - perhaps I should follow suit!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
Okay Debbie Doodles...get that photo off of here this instant!!! I actually found that to be a great laugh this evening...so thanks for that one!

I got everyone who has signed up divided up and ready to be given their new sisters...everyone ready?????

Okay I will. Under one condition. you come to Florida and take me to Hooters!!!! LOL!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Well, they just did a pregnancy test. She IS!!!!! I just ask them what they were going to do. Of course they don't have a clue. She said she's worried about telling her Mom. I said, "Well your Mom knows and is letting you live with a man, she's not taking you anywhere to get on birth control so she has to be aware of what the consequences are!!!!" She says "Well my Mom thinks I'm smart enough not to get pregnant." I said, "Why would she think that? You're 16! You're living with a 22 year old man. She's not counceling you on what is right and wrong. That why children have parents! To guide them and set rules for them and she's not doing that!!.

And I also told them that I did not want them living here. That it was nothing against them but I've raised my kids and I don't want ANYONE living here even my own kids. Jesse said he knew that. As it sits right now they will only be here until school starts again in a week or so then they're going back to her parents house. they cooked last night and offered me some dinner. I thought that was sweet. And they cleaned up the kitchen when they were done.

I have seriously had everyone under the sun living with me and I am soooo over it. Even though they sleep at the trailer they are here until bed time. Granted they are usually on the back porch but still!!!I just counted and I've had 11 people live with us over the years. 11!!!!! Not to mention all my kids friends that were always here 24/7. I am soooooo over it!!!

I just told them that they could move that trailer where ever they want to. LOL!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Debs - you did a GREAT job there girl! I know what you mean about people staying. I have my two boys here from Christmas, and I love to have them (and this is Josh's home until he finishes university) but what I do NOT enjoy is finding glasses of half drunk orange juice or water just left in their bedrooms, or lights left on, or no word as to whether they are coming in later or staying at a friends. I like to be selfish too!

I even occasionally have to admit that when Neil disappears off to travel again, I enjoy not having to cook, being able to get my pjs on as I get through the door after work, and scrapping instead of ironing!

Heres my last uploaded Christmas journal lo for tonight!

Christmas music! By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Hey I got my new SS - thanks Pink and Betsye!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

And Debs - do we congratulate you on becoming a Graunty? ( a great aunt!)

Suzettes big sister
Tenant
Suzettes big sister
In response to RachelUK

I'm the first big sister to here. Just wanted to let Suzette know that she's been claimed and I can't wait to start shopping for her!

ssistokk
New Kid On the Block
ssistokk
In response to Suzettes big sister

I baked some cupcakes for my little sister KayKay:

Annies sister
New Kid On the Block
Annies sister
In response to ssistokk

YIPPEE, I'm #3
and I'm here to say,
I hope Annie has a great day.

Annie, I'm looking forward to being your big sis!

SecretSisterforRachel
New Kid On the Block
SecretSisterforRachel
In response to Annies sister

Annie's big sister and I must have had the same idea for our profile photos.

Hi Rachel. Hope the snow is starting to melt over there.

NLs 1st-hello-kitty.n2011
In response to SecretSisterforRachel

I'm #5 to claim Nikilynn, not that you can tell.

NLs 1st-hello-kitty.n2011
In response to NLs 1st-hello-kitty.n2011

Fooey! The pic is not showing all of the words. Will be back in a bit with a new updated one to see the words. When you read them you can tell that we truly are sisters.

I hope you see this while you are gone

Naughty Kitty hehe By NLs 1st-hello-kitty.n2011

ssallmels
Tenant
ssallmels

'Melsie', I am enjoying a nice delish cup of your starbucks fav - care to join me.

Betsyes SS
New Kid On the Block
Betsyes SS
In response to ssallmels

Hello to my little sister Betsye! I hope you have your wish list updated.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi Girls, the other thread shut done since last I checked in!! Fortunately, it's not been deleted yet and I was able to read through the last several pages of posts. Imagine what I might have missed had it been wiped away!!

The news about Deb's nephew and his preggers gf.

Jackie's poor brother and the death of their sweet puppy, so sorry sweet Jackie.

Nikilynn is running away for a few days to play in the snow!

Mulitple posts from our own Pink!! Hello Sweet friend!!

Rachel has nearly finished her Journal your Christmas, you go girl! Left you some love on your latest lo's!

Annies got a great new Avi!!

Sherri's Secret Sister Scrapping Challenge Winner was me!!!! I'll post a new challenge soon!

Tres, I didn't come up with my word for 2011 yet either. What word did you think I picked? If you have one for me I'll take it!

Rachel said I seem to be the only one with no excuse for insanity! Guess that means I'm just crazy for no reason at all!!

Mel was busy whipping up a yummy new recipe made from leftoves.

Tina was playing with her new electronic toy!

Katrina posted some new lo's (left you some love).

Suzi is planning yet another Holiday party! NYE for hundreds!!

Rosita is thinking her word for 2011 is Blessings!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Love seeing all the SS's checking in!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay I am outta here and off to bed. Worked 12 hours today, off for the next 4 days yeah!!

Definitley have plans to scrap a bit each day!

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie

Hello Jackie

Time to update that wish list, I am ready to start shopping

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to DebDoodlesotherplace

• DebDoodlesotherplace Said:
Suzi, love the Olive Garden pic.

Here's one of Pink that I happen to have.

Pink at Olive Garden By DebDoodlesotherplace

Hmmm looks like I have a date for Olive Garden when we get to the retreat, btw I'm not driving!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Suzettes big sister

• Suzettes big sister Said:
I'm the first big sister to here. Just wanted to let Suzette know that she's been claimed and I can't wait to start shopping for her!

I've been claimed - woo hooo!!!!
Tell me how much snow do you have? We dont have any here.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

woo hoo i've been claimed! hello big sister

rebecca thanks for the condolences. but we did receive a bit of good news. my parents weren't too keen on keeping the puppy at first. but they saw how hard we all took it so they decided when/if they mate sunshine again they are definitely keeping the puppy and not even trying to sell it on us. so that put a smile on our face at least. plus my boss gave me a condolence card today also. he's so thoughtful.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Great Christmas Daily pages Rachel, left you some love.

monamietres
New Kid On the Block
monamietres
In response to lydbug

I'm here to claim my friend Tres (mon amie Tres!)...can't wait to check out your wish list and get some ideas for how to best spoil you!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • youvegotmel Said:

Brilliant news Mel - you made my evening!

Aww well thank you so much Rachel!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to ssallmels

• ssallmels Said:
'Melsie', I am enjoying a nice delish cup of your starbucks fav - care to join me.

I've been claimed! I've been claimed! And oh yeah, I'm definately ready for a cup of joe with my new sis!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

I love seeing everyone getting claimed! And all the new avis!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Betsyes SS

• Betsyes SS Said:

yes, I do believe it is. I updated Sunday morning when I took advantage of church being cancelled to catch up on the thread. I have a pretty long day planned. It's the last day to get plans entered in the system before the new year, driving to Dalton for am eye exam to use up the last of my FSA. I ordered glasses from zenni optical yesterday and I got the refund from dd's glasses, so now I have enough for contacts too. Then work some more, then my niece's birthday party, then more work.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Ooh, fifteen percent off everything Tim holtz! I better go check my little sister's wish list!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Rachel-- This is what they have written for "One Little Word" over at bigpictureclasses

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.

In 2006, I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January — a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, and story. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am, and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, and to grow.

My word for 2011 is light.

Ali's class includes:

Pre-class assignment available to you immediately upon registration for class
Monthly email reminder when the classroom has been updated
Welcome note from Ali in the classroom each month
One creative prompt per month: prompts will include printable elements (for use in both Photoshop Elements and Word) to create the interior pages in your album
Colorful handout detailing the prompt and the creative assignment
Monthly video message
Community building message board for sharing thoughts on your word
Gallery for sharing your word-related projects
Four chats with Ali over the course of the year (one per quarter)
Supply list with live links to product resources.

Edited by Rosita on 12-31-10 01:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

CHOOSING YOUR WORD
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2011?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

What word have you chosen Tres and Rebecca?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
And Debs - do we congratulate you on becoming a Graunty? ( a great aunt!)

I suppose you can congratulate me as long as you never call me that again. LMAO!!!!!! A graunty!! LOL!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Wow! I see all the sisters are being snapped up left and right!! That's so awesome! I don't think there's ever been that many posting right after each other is there?

I know all the little sis's LOVE hearing from their big sis so way to go big sis's!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I just don't know how one word can sum up what I want.

I know I said prosper and I meant it, but I want love, and not from a Man!! You girls are all the love I need!!! Well, you and my family. I want health. Always that! I want happiness. I want to be able to go to the retreat in April. (Maybe that goes with proper. LOL! and love and happiness) Oh my the list goes on and on. But I won't bore you with the details.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Betsyes SS Said:

yes, I do believe it is. I updated Sunday morning when I took advantage of church being cancelled to catch up on the thread. I have a pretty long day planned. It's the last day to get plans entered in the system before the new year, driving to Dalton for am eye exam to use up the last of my FSA. I ordered glasses from zenni optical yesterday and I got the refund from dd's glasses, so now I have enough for contacts too. Then work some more, then my niece's birthday party, then more work.

rosita, have you ever ordered glasses from Zenni before? someone recently gave me their link and I was thinking about testing it out. but my prescription doesn't actually include the number I need for distance from pupils or something like that, so I'll have to ask jason to help me measure that.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I'm irked right now because according to amazon, a package I ordered was delivered last night. well it's nowhere to be seen! the neighbors always put packages inside the door if they see them first, which isn't the case. I even checked the other side of the house, because people often deliver on the other porch by mistake. but nothing there either! wwaahhhh

I'm going to wait a little while and see if it turns up. maybe it was delivered to one of the neighboring houses by mistake and once they find it, they'll return it.

Edited by Tina scraps on 12-31-10 05:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good Morning Tina!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Well, I'm off to get ready for work. I hope to scrap some tonight. I won't be doing any partying tonight. I might have a sad moment or two. I just hope next year is better than this one has been. This year has been such a struggle in so many ways, so I am embracing the New Year!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Tina I hope your package turns up!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Deb

oh and good for you for talking to your nephew. but c'mon, doesn't a 22yo know about condoms? or they gonna say they broke? sheesh!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to SecretSisterforRachel

• SecretSisterforRachel Said:
Annie's big sister and I must have had the same idea for our profile photos.

Hi Rachel. Hope the snow is starting to melt over there.

The snow is pretty much all gone now - very sad after the beautiful scenery we have had just recently, but at least the roads are ok again!

Page 2 of 67 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics