Page 3 of 67 
Username Post: January~March Secret Sisters Swap (closed for this round)        (Topic#1548923)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
And Debs - do we congratulate you on becoming a Graunty? ( a great aunt!)

I suppose you can congratulate me as long as you never call me that again. LMAO!!!!!! A graunty!! LOL!!!!

Hey - it takes one to know one, right? I am a Graunty three times over, with the 4th due in January, and Neil has to be a Gruncle - which is even worse!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to RachelUK

Good morning ladies!!!

Rosita... I like your posts about choosing a word for the next year.. and yesterday I just put up a saying on my computer to look at every day at work. So I am going to pull a word out of that saying, and use that for my 2011 word.. my word is REASON. Seems like such an odd word. But seems that all of 2010 I was asking myself why so much on things and actions from other people.. the saying I put on my computer was "A reason, a season or a lifetime" I think the word reason will help me just reflect back on my self, my own situations and my family. The rest will take care of itself.

Deb 2011 will have so much in store for you.. I can just feel it!! This will be your year to shine!!

Tina.. I've only made one purchase ever from Amazon and that same thing happened to me. My UPS driver delivered my brand new $500 camera to a house 2 blocks over with the same house number. They tracked it and I had it withint 24 hrs. Good luck!

We've had the same thing here Rachel.. snow is almost all gone. It's been extremely foggy.. the only bad thing when this happens is that it never dries up quick enough as the snow melts and we end up with very icy roads and sidewalks. Tis the season!!!

Mel.. I am so glad that you decided to join up again.. You deserve to be spoiled!!!

DoodleMe
Tenant
DoodleMe
In response to lynnde

Hi there little sister!

JCI to say hi to Debs - she thinks this is Pink and it aint necessarily so! What could be more fun than spoiling my little sis, and I am sooo looking forward to doing so!

DoodleMe
Tenant
DoodleMe
In response to DoodleMe

Danelle - that is a GREAT choice of word - inspired!

SherrisAllMine
Tenant
SherrisAllMine
In response to DoodleMe

Sherri is my sis and shes mine all mine
I'm not much of a poet but I can write a little line
I'm wishing her a Happy New Year right now
So glad she is my sister - it really is a wow!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • Betsyes SS Said:
Hello to my little sister Betsye! I hope you have your wish list updated.

yes, I do believe it is. I updated Sunday morning when I took advantage of church being cancelled to catch up on the thread. I have a pretty long day planned. It's the last day to get plans entered in the system before the new year, driving to Dalton for am eye exam to use up the last of my FSA. I ordered glasses from zenni optical yesterday and I got the refund from dd's glasses, so now I have enough for contacts too. Then work some more, then my niece's birthday party, then more work.

rosita, have you ever ordered glasses from Zenni before? someone recently gave me their link and I was thinking about testing it out. but my prescription doesn't actually include the number I need for distance from pupils or something like that, so I'll have to ask jason to help me measure that.

this is my first time ordering from them, but I know a few people who have, and they love them. I just called the place where I got glasses 3 years ago and asked for the number. It doesn't change

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to 888

Are you still taking sign-ups? I would LOVE to join if you are. There are several people already signed up that could vouch for me being a reliable non-flaking swapper.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to scrappindmbfan

Good morning ladies, busy day today getting ready for the new year! Got a new refrigerator coming in an hour or so. It has been paid for ,for a few weeks but due to ice and snow we couldn't get it up here. I'm excited! Dh is changing oil in a couple of our vehicles truck and Explorer, he doesn't do my car cause it's a Chev. And too low, LOL. Anyway have a wonderful day all!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to DivaDana

Nancy the pals have already been given out but you never know what they may do! Nancy is great ladies!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to DivaDana

I just realized I didn't send pink my survey. better do that now!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:

She probably has your details from before, Ms Tuna.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to monamietres

• monamietres Said:
I'm here to claim my friend Tres (mon amie Tres!)...can't wait to check out your wish list and get some ideas for how to best spoil you!

Hey big sis!

Two questions for you. Is there snow where you are? What is your first name?

Just kidding but so glad you dropped in
Love your avi btw!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
CHOOSING YOUR WORD
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2011?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

What word have you chosen Tres and Rebecca?

I created a list yesterday and now there are two that keep popping out at me. I will narrow it down before midnight tonight.
I love your word Rosita....it's perfect!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Good morning ladies!!!

Rosita... I like your posts about choosing a word for the next year.. and yesterday I just put up a saying on my computer to look at every day at work. So I am going to pull a word out of that saying, and use that for my 2011 word.. my word is REASON. Seems like such an odd word. But seems that all of 2010 I was asking myself why so much on things and actions from other people.. the saying I put on my computer was "A reason, a season or a lifetime" I think the word reason will help me just reflect back on my self, my own situations and my family. The rest will take care of itself.

Deb 2011 will have so much in store for you.. I can just feel it!! This will be your year to shine!!

Tina.. I've only made one purchase ever from Amazon and that same thing happened to me. My UPS driver delivered my brand new $500 camera to a house 2 blocks over with the same house number. They tracked it and I had it withint 24 hrs. Good luck!

We've had the same thing here Rachel.. snow is almost all gone. It's been extremely foggy.. the only bad thing when this happens is that it never dries up quick enough as the snow melts and we end up with very icy roads and sidewalks. Tis the season!!!

Mel.. I am so glad that you decided to join up again.. You deserve to be spoiled!!!

I love your word!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

So I decided to spend a little on scrapping today. I am going on a no spending restriction except adhesive and for my little sister as of Jan 1st until I complete 50 pages and 10 cards. So at the usual rate that I scrap that should be 6 months but somehow I think I'll be scrapping much more (and quicker) with that motivation

I've been listening to everyone rave about the ATG so I ordered the pink one from J's today on sale and w/free shipping. I did manange to buy some fun goodies for my little sis too.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to parisdame

hi girls

rosita hope you find some good glasses

dana congrats on the new fridge. a new appliance is always nice

tres that's a great goal for yourself. i hope you stick to it.

deb i hope this year brings everything you want/need.

i decided to sleep in pretty late today and just relax. ive been so tired lately so with the day off a good sleep was needed. now i have to start getting ready for tonight and see if my dress fits right that angie bought me

hope you girls have a great new years and 2011 is better than 2010 for everyone.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

She probably has your details from before, Ms Tuna.

very funny, troublemaker lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Jackie and Trisha, I'm beginning to think my Itouch is a dud. It is constantly forwarding itself to a next song, without my asking. it'll play some of the song it's on, then just skip to a new one - and it's doing it frequently. grrrr. doesn't matter whether it's in my pocket, in my hand, etc. so, am I only supposed to use it when I'm sitting still?! I'm very irked. looks like I may be making a trip back to the apple store in the next few days.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• scrappindmbfan Said:
Are you still taking sign-ups? I would LOVE to join if you are. There are several people already signed up that could vouch for me being a reliable non-flaking swapper.

welcome nancy. i'll send you your little sister in a little while. im on my way to my niece's birthday party and nee to find someone who hasnt contacted their little sister yet

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

tina do you lock your ipod when you have it in your pocket or where ever? bc if you don't lock it the screen is sensitive and that's probably why it is skipping songs.

you can play a song or playlist then just click the button on the top left side to lock it. and it will continue playing without skipping bc you touched the screen accidently. then to unlock it you just push the center button at the bottom of the ipod and slide your finger to unlock it.

hope that helps!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to jackie9635

jackie - it seems to be locking itself without me even needing to do it. every time i pull it out to look at it, i need to "slide to unlock"

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

tina well it is supposed to lock itself after a certain time so you don't accidently push a button.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
CHOOSING YOUR WORD
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2011?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

What word have you chosen Tres and Rebecca?

Im gonna do the class as well. My word for the year is faith.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • scrappindmbfan Said:

welcome nancy. i'll send you your little sister in a little while. im on my way to my niece's birthday party and nee to find someone who hasnt contacted their little sister yet

AWESOME!Thank you so much! I PM'd my survey to Kimberly!

I can't wait to find out who my little sister is

Happy New Year Everyone!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Just signed up for the "One Little Word" class. I am a first timer to OLW and quite excited about the possibilites of the word I have chosen for 2011.

My word is TRUST.

For those of us choosing OLW for 2011 how about putting it in our signatures on here? I am going to go do that now as I think it will help me to keep it on my radar (or in this case, computer) screen.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Okay off to go get ready for NYE out with Michael.

Happy New Year to each of you!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I pretty much just glossed over the one word thing, so now that everyone is tlaking about it, I'm going to have to read it in more detail!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to SherrisAllMine

• SherrisAllMine Said:
Sherri is my sis and shes mine all mine
I'm not much of a poet but I can write a little line
I'm wishing her a Happy New Year right now
So glad she is my sister - it really is a wow!

Yeah I have a big sis!! Hello so good to see you. I wish you a happy new year as well.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Sherrenae

Rebecca I think that is a great idea.. putting our word in our signature!

Happy New Year ladies!

Loribee#1
Guru
Loribee#1
In response to lynnde

HI everyone, I didn't get to say goodbye on the other thread...We have been so busy the last few weeks. I didn;t sign up for this round, but I will check in once in awhile and will likely sign up for the next one if you will have me:)

I have signed up for the one little work class with Ali Edwards too:) My word is renew, for many reasons this year.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Loribee#1

Lori - please do pop in and say hello.

hope everyone has a good night. I'm on my own till jason comes home around 9:30. I just finished reading girl with the dragon tattoo - it was so good! intense though. I'd highly recommend it, though you should be warned there's violence to women.

Loribee#1
Guru
Loribee#1

I have been meaning to read that book. There are more in the series and I have heard a lot of good recommendations.
We are just staying and relaxing tonight. When we woke up it was zero out and now it is 15 degrees, yuck!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

I like the word thing. My word is going to be
"happiness"! That is what I'm going to search for every single day because I believe if you look for it, you'll find it! And I want to be happy every day! Is there a place that you go to to sign up for the word thing or is it just on here.

Kimberly

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Loribee#1

Hi everyone! Ok, now that everyone's talking about it....can someone send me the link to the OLW? I want to participate too I think! I gotta come up with my word. I mean, I did say healthy, but I'm not sure that is THE word I would pick, even though it has meaning more than ever right now for me.

Rebecca have a great time with Michael and a wonderful 2011!

Deb your NYE sounds like I want MINE to be too. John and I are going to bring in Chinese take out (sushi for me) and watch a movie, but I hope to get in the scraproom for a bit before we start.

Alison's here too so I dont know what she has planned.

Welcome Nancy!

Hi Tina! Hello Tres! What's up Rosita! (Im sure glad to see you on here more!), Hi Danelle (thanks for the sweet welcome)...good to see ya Sherri and Traci! Oh, and Loribee too!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
"happiness"! That is what I'm going to search for every single day because I believe if you look for it, you'll find it! And I want to be happy every day! Is there a place that you go to to sign up for the word thing or is it just on here.

Kimberly

Hey there girl!!!!!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Loribee#1

• Loribee#1 Said:
HI everyone, I didn't get to say goodbye on the other thread...We have been so busy the last few weeks. I didn;t sign up for this round, but I will check in once in awhile and will likely sign up for the next one if you will have me:)

I have signed up for the one little work class with Ali Edwards too:) My word is renew, for many reasons this year.

Funny that you wrote that since that is my word for this year as well!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Happy New Year to all of you!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
So I decided to spend a little on scrapping today. I am going on a no spending restriction except adhesive and for my little sister as of Jan 1st until I complete 50 pages and 10 cards. So at the usual rate that I scrap that should be 6 months but somehow I think I'll be scrapping much more (and quicker) with that motivation

I've been listening to everyone rave about the ATG so I ordered the pink one from J's today on sale and w/free shipping. I did manange to buy some fun goodies for my little sis too.

The ATG gun is a very wise investment. call me when you get up in the morning if you can.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Go over to bigpictureclasses to sign up. actually, if you want a ten perCent off coupon, go to www.paperclipping.com Click on roundtables, click on comments, and look for a coupon link.

Edited by Rosita on 12-31-10 05:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • parisdame Said:

The ATG gun is a very wise investment. call me when you get up in the morning if you can.

Tres, that motivation sounds like a great idea! I don't know if I could actually stick to it but I might give it a good college try it! Are you talking about the pink adhesive gun with the bright green parts? If so, a piece of advice. Get the Perma Tac refills only. They have some others (repositionable,etc), but in my opinion the Perma Tac is most definately the best!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to youvegotmel

Happy New Year to all the most amazing, supportive wonderful group of women EVER!!!!

Whos your big sista
New Kid On the Block
Whos your big sista

Hello Ms. Nancy!

I hope you're ready to be spoiled!

some quick questions for you:

what's your fave color?

When do you get most of your scrappin' done? do you like listening to music or watching tv at the same time? scrappin' alone or with other people?

What are you top 3 fave scrapbooking manufacturers?

What are your top 3 fave embellies?

Hope you have a great new years!

your big sis

A Sis for Angie
New Kid On the Block
A Sis for Angie
In response to RachelUK

Angie I hope you have a wonderful New Years, I can't wait to start spoiling you!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• thinkpink22 Said:

Kimberly

Kimberly I believe you are right about that.. so many things are about the mind set.. and when you strive to be happy, and surround yourself with happy, happy finds you! Great word!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to lynnde

Happy New Year everyone!!! Love you all!! May all of your 2011 days be wonderful!!!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Whos your big sista

• Whos your big sista Said:
Hello Ms. Nancy!

I hope you're ready to be spoiled!

some quick questions for you:

what's your fave color?

When do you get most of your scrappin' done? do you like listening to music or watching tv at the same time? scrappin' alone or with other people?

What are you top 3 fave scrapbooking manufacturers?

What are your top 3 fave embellies?

Hope you have a great new years!

your big sis

Wow! That was quick!

My favorite color is brown...although I sure own a lot of blue as well.

I do most of my scrappin at crops, but do some at home as well. I prefer to scrap in a group, but music often keeps me company as well. I can't do anything without music. I don't do so well with the TV on...too many distractions lol

My favorite manufacturers are Bo Bunny, Crate Paper and Fancy Pants.

My favorite embellishments are buttons, brads and ribbon/fiber.

Thanks for asking and Happy New Year!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• Deb-doodle Said:
Good Mornin Y'all!!

Another day of work. Yay for the money. Boo for the pain. A LOT up upstairs windows to do today. At least it didn't freeze last night. It will probably be a really nice day to work outside.

Katrina those are really great pages. That's great how you used so many pictures!!

I'm hoping to get to do a page or two this weekend. I don't have or want any plans for NewYears because I want to scrap. I'm working so much this week and next that I just want to rest my poor old body.

Thank you Debbie!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to jackie9635

• jackie9635 Said:
hi girls.

katrina thanks for the tip

lydia you should definitely relax after that shift.

well i cant talk much i woke up so late today. i have to get ready for work. maybe ill have time at work to catch up

hope you all have a great day.

Your very welcome Jackie!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
I'm leaving in an hour to the mountains for the weekend, I won't be back until Sunday. If we are able to get the internet up there, I'll be checking in with you all!!!

If not I'll see you on Sunday... and if that is the case... everyone have a Very Safe and Happy New Year!!!

Here is something from me ....for ya'll

Have fun Nikilynn!

Edited by Peridotskies on 12-31-10 08:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to DebDoodlesotherplace

• DebDoodlesotherplace Said:
Suzi, love the Olive Garden pic.

Here's one of Pink that I happen to have.

Pink at Olive Garden By DebDoodlesotherplace

Lol cute picture!

SS to Lydia
Tenant
SS to Lydia
In response to Peridotskies

Lydia, I'm your big Sis! I'm so happy! I'm going to start shopping immediately!

monamietres
New Kid On the Block
monamietres
In response to RachelUK

Happy New Year Tres! I hope it's the very best year of your life!!!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Happy New Year everyone. We had a blast at Church tonight. Lots of people and lots of food. I played Rook tonight, first time in many many years. I did really good. My partner and I shut everyone out.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

The little word sounds fun, but I just cant see paying $36. so is everyone paying the $36 or is it just something everyone is doing here?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Well, it IS 12 sessions with Ali Edwards...so that's only $3 a session/month...and you'd pay more than that if you went to a convention...and since some of you are doing it too...I may be spending the money...

Edited by Rosita on 01-01-11 03:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Happy New Year!

I've been thinking about my Project Life Album...

I won't buy the Becky Higgins paper kit because I have enough supplies now, but she has a digital kit that looks intriguing. Maybe I could talk my dd into doing that one...Could I convince her that THAT isn't really scrapbooking?

I have decided that I'm going to do one lo/week. and to fit it all into one album, I'm only going to do single page layouts...and have figured out that if I want the pages to look consistent, the pictures need to be (6) 3x4 and (1) 4x6, so I'll be printing 4 pictures/week. I can upload them to Walgreens before Church on Sunday morning, go pick them up after church, and have my layout done by the evening service.

I'm still a little up in the air re: journaling tags. I have some punches and some spellbinders that I could use. I want the album to look consistent, so am thinking of using the same design for each day...with varying embellishments of course.

Then I also need to make a decision re: pp or cardstock...I've thought about using one collection all year long, and if it's double sided pp, that would be even less expensive, I don't think I've used double sided pp to that extent before...hmm, sounds like a challenge. Isn't K&Company Que Sera Sera pp double sided? I HAD to have that collection, and I've gathered a few of the embellishments too, and this would be a great use for it! Thanks for your help, I think the decision is made on the pp, now to go find out if I need to buy another pad of it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

ooo, I'm in luck! The pack I have is 54 double sided pages, 3 copies of each of the 18 pages, so only 8 of them will be used more than once! which means I can make flowers and titles and journaling tags from the left overs!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

so...do I go to work in 5 min, (should have started work 55 min ago) or get out an album and ribbons and buttons and chipboard and fibers and threads and paints...hey, if I sew a border or flower, I get to see both sides this time!that could be good or bad...

Speaking of stitching, for those of you who got the Easy Sew thingamabob, have you tried it, how do you like it? How does it compare to the In Stitchz?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rosita

Morning! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We're gonna be spending the day at our Science Museum...can't wait! The Jim Henson Exhibit is there...can't wait to see the Muppets up close and personal.

I'm gonna do some back-reading and find out about the class you all are talking about...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Good morning Nancy!

Have fun at the Science Museum!

Do you have little ones? What are their ages?

My dd is 15 and my ds is 13.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rosita

Mine aren't so little anymore...same ages as yours basically. My ds is 14 and my dd is 12. Hoping to get lots of pictures to scrap!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

Morning and a happy new year to all my sweet sisters. I love you to pieces and you bring JOY to my life every day. I'm going to do the one word thing and JOY is going to be my word!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

There was a very swift avi change there Nancy!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Just realised its afternoon here! I'm still in bed checking in on my phone and its 1pm! We have had a cup of tea but its definitely time to get up and scrap!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to RachelUK

Happy New Year Ladies!!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

Have fun Rachel, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too.

I have been on THIS computer waaaay too long, I'm going to work now.

I did sign up for the class. I finally got reimbursed for dd's glasses, so I could afford it.

After all, I only got one Christmas present, I kept putting/taking things back...I figured I'd spend some money on me later, so here's a little later...

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rosita

Yeah I'm messing with my avi, still can't get it right. It'll have to wait until later though...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Rosita you are cracking me up this morning!! I'm reading you going through your thought process on your mini album and I'm answering you as I go along. LOL!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrappindmbfan Said:
Morning! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We're gonna be spending the day at our Science Museum...can't wait! The Jim Henson Exhibit is there...can't wait to see the Muppets up close and personal.

I'm gonna do some back-reading and find out about the class you all are talking about...

Hi Nancy. It's nice to meet you!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Morning and a happy new year to all my sweet sisters. I love you to pieces and you bring JOY to my life every day. I'm going to do the one word thing and JOY is going to be my word!

Oh Rachel, I have to agree with that whole heartedly!!!You girls on here just don't know how much I appreciate you!!!In fact, that's going to be my word. I know I said 'Prosper' but that was just a joke. I am going to go with appreciate. Appreciate every day, every friend, every blessing.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm finding myself sorta torn between JOY and CELEBRATE. The thing is that I started off thinking about the word 'rest' (probably still in bed at that moment!! LOL). But I'm not very good at rest. Sometimes it doesnt matter, but sometimes for example, Neil would just like me to sit on the sofa with him throughout a film, but every time the adverts come on, its like a cue to me to jump up and put the washing on, or make a cup of tea, or move the washing into the dryer - all the things which make up normal life for us girls.

But then I started thinking about Rosita's wise words, and made myself really think about what it important - is it the rest or is it just taking joy and delight and happiness in the small things as well as the big things... so now its between joy and celebrate and I'm off to look at the site.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Debs - I think its brilliant that you are looking at each joyful wonderful thing in life. You have been through the most major trauma that we could possibly imagine, and you are coming out of it, appreciating what is good and wholesome and happy. Good for you - we all need to take a leaf out of your book and learn from your positive thinking and approach to life.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

I am loving all this scrapbooking chatter!
I'm waiting for the Work computer to process something.

Nancy, i like your new avi. it's nice to picture a face with someone.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

I am loving the words all of you are choosing.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

Good Morning and Happy New Year to each of you!

Welcome to the group Nancy!

Deb I love your new OLW and you!! You are truly a blessing and an inspiration in my life!

Rosita, sounds like you are going to be scrap happy this year, love it!!

Hi Sherri, I send you a PM.

Rachel perfect words for you ... joy and celebrate! Knowing you brings me great joy and I will for sure celebrate when finally we get to meet this Spring!!

Okay I am off to get ready to face this brand new day and year.

Picking my Mama up for some lunch, and shopping. We have a tradition of spending at least part of New Years' Day together. Later this afternoon she and I will drive up to Michael's cousins place to watch some of the footabll games and visit. Michael will be going there at noon but that's way too much football for me & my mom.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

yawn. 2 nights up past midnight is too much for this old lady, lol.

hope everyone had a good night. jason and I watched a few episodes of a criminal minds marathon last night, and I went to bed as soon as it hit midnight.

Rosita, I haven't tried the sew easy yet. but one issue I have with the rolling cutter bee piercers, is that it's hard for me to keep it straight. I have to find something to line it up against, and even then I have trouble. I'm guessing it's user error, but that's why I suspect I'll have the same prob with the sew easy, even though I still want it, lol.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Debs - I think its brilliant that you are looking at each joyful wonderful thing in life. You have been through the most major trauma that we could possibly imagine, and you are coming out of it, appreciating what is good and wholesome and happy. Good for you - we all need to take a leaf out of your book and learn from your positive thinking and approach to life.

Very well said Rachel.... Deb.. I've been so taken aback at how you've handled the hard things you've been going through. You truly do inspire me!!!

pinkssecretsis
New Kid On the Block
pinkssecretsis

Hey pretty Pink! Just letting you know that you are claimed and I'm not letting you go! I hope your wishlist is up to date cause I'm going shopping today!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Good morning sister.. Happy New Year!!!!

We went bowling with friends and family, then went to a dear friends house for food and games. It was a great evening! I just wish I wasn't getting sick. It's my turn to have the sinus infection and sore throat I guess! LOL My throat feels like hamburger. Ouch!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Hi Nancy, welcome to the sisterhood! You will love it here.. jump right on in and share your LO's, your day, your stories, funnies, sad moments.. we're all about that! Happy New Year!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Betsye - I think if I tell them on big picture scrapbooking that you referred me, you will get a discount - what name do you go under on that site?

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to RachelUK

hi everyone! today I'm going to start my new year off by getting into my scrapchair and creating something!!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

You go Mel! Sounds like a perfect day to me!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• youvegotmel Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • parisdame Said:

Tres, that motivation sounds like a great idea! I don't know if I could actually stick to it but I might give it a good college try it! Are you talking about the pink adhesive gun with the bright green parts? If so, a piece of advice. Get the Perma Tac refills only. They have some others (repositionable,etc), but in my opinion the Perma Tac is most definately the best!

Thanks Mel! The ATG I got is only pink but I will keep an eye out for the perma adhesive

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• monamietres Said:
Happy New Year Tres! I hope it's the very best year of your life!!!!!

Thank you! I have my word for this year...RENEW... so I think 2011 will be a fabulous year.

Happy New year big sis

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• Sassy Suzi Said:
The little word sounds fun, but I just cant see paying $36. so is everyone paying the $36 or is it just something everyone is doing here?

I'm not sigining up for the workshop but I really liked the idea and thought I would make a sign or layout about my one word. I want to concentrate on it this year and even my non scrappy friends loved the idea.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Happy New Year!

I've been thinking about my Project Life Album...

I won't buy the Becky Higgins paper kit because I have enough supplies now, but she has a digital kit that looks intriguing. Maybe I could talk my dd into doing that one...Could I convince her that THAT isn't really scrapbooking?

I have decided that I'm going to do one lo/week. and to fit it all into one album, I'm only going to do single page layouts...and have figured out that if I want the pages to look consistent, the pictures need to be (6) 3x4 and (1) 4x6, so I'll be printing 4 pictures/week. I can upload them to Walgreens before Church on Sunday morning, go pick them up after church, and have my layout done by the evening service.

I'm still a little up in the air re: journaling tags. I have some punches and some spellbinders that I could use. I want the album to look consistent, so am thinking of using the same design for each day...with varying embellishments of course.

Then I also need to make a decision re: pp or cardstock...I've thought about using one collection all year long, and if it's double sided pp, that would be even less expensive, I don't think I've used double sided pp to that extent before...hmm, sounds like a challenge. Isn't K&Company Que Sera Sera pp double sided? I HAD to have that collection, and I've gathered a few of the embellishments too, and this would be a great use for it! Thanks for your help, I think the decision is made on the pp, now to go find out if I need to buy another pad of it.

That is a great idea! I'm thinking about using separated page protectors but not sure how I want to go about it. I'm so far behind...still doing 2008 regular stuff but a layout a week is doable.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Hi Nancy, welcome to the sisterhood! You will love it here.. jump right on in and share your LO's, your day, your stories, funnies, sad moments.. we're all about that! Happy New Year!

I second this Nancy. This is such a great place...welcome!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Well we are heading off to a New Years Day party. The kids stayed up until 10:30 last night at the NYE party and I was suprised they lasted that long. My dd told me at 10:15pm it was time for night night

Have a wonderful day ladies and a wonderful New Year!

Deb great word btw! Rachel good luck with the word choice.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to parisdame

We are celebrating our last Christmas gathering today with my dad's side. This time of year is so busy, this is one of the more laid back Christmas'... everyone enjoy your day!!

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie

Edited by SS 4 Sweet Jackie on 01-01-11 09:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to SS 4 Sweet Jackie

I suddenly remembered that back in the summer I got a voucher for $25 for a class from Big Picture Scrapbooking that I hadnt used. Oh yes! I just paid $11 for the class - go me!

And if anyone can't afford the class but would like to do it for $11, why not tell your SS on here and they can buy you a voucher too!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

hello girls.

happy new years everyone!

i see my big sister was on here today how are you doing today?

Nancy welcome to the group. Hmmm the science museum with jim henson exhibit... i wonder if we live in the same state... please let me know how it is. i love the muppets! and have been debating to see the one by me.

Danasgoodies1
Pro
Danasgoodies1

Hello you beautiful ladies, I have so missed you all, just wanted to say hello and check in...I'm not going to enter this time but would love to keep in touch. I want you all to know how much love and support have meant to me. I cannot wait till I am able and ready to get some mojo back and try all my new stuff you sweet girls have gotten me and sent me...I have had the most awesome secret sisters ! You all pleaseeeeeeee know how much it has meant to me and how much I love you !

I am having my 3rd treatment Monday, the second one was really hard on me and I didn't get to enjoy Christmas like I usually do. It was hard n me. I was sick for 9 or 10 days and now its time for another. So it is just a process but part of the journey. I will be doing radiation after completing my chemo the end of March. So will surely be looking forward to the summer so all this will be behind me. So look for me in the next round.

Hope all of your holidays were as wonderful as you are...I am so thankful for yo all...love to each and every single one of you !

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason'

(http://danaspassiononpap er.blogspot.com/)

Danasgoodies1
Pro
Danasgoodies1
In response to lynnde

Hey you sweet Danelle ! Miss you so much !

Betsyes SS
New Kid On the Block
Betsyes SS
In response to Danasgoodies1

Hello Betsye! I just wanted to stop in to wish you a Happy New Year!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Betsyes SS

Hi Dana - we miss you! Its lovely to see you checking in on here from time to time so don't stop. Good or bad, you know we want to hear about your progress and remember - every horrible day is a day nearer to the end of the treatment - yay! Happy New Year to you, sweet girl!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Very well said Rachel.... Deb.. I've been so taken aback at how you've handled the hard things you've been going through. You truly do inspire me!!!

Well you know the moments hit me when I least expect them. I went to the grocery store this morning and I don't know why but in the middle of the snack isle I just broke down. I'm so happy it was a slow day at the grocery store. Nobody saw me and I composed myself before I got to the check out.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Hi Dana. You poor thing!! I can't even imagine being sick for so many days! I'm sure I'd be a big baby about it. I never get sick so I don't think I'd handle that well at all. Do the treatments get easier or are they all about the same? I know you can't wait to get past this and to move forward. We love you and miss you. It's so nice when you feel up to stopping by!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Someone once told me that whatever you were doing at Midnight on New years eve would be what you will be doing all year. I sure hope not because i was asleep!!

Page 3 of 67 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics