Page 4 of 67 
Username Post: January~March Secret Sisters Swap (closed for this round)        (Topic#1548923)
Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Someone once told me that whatever you were doing at Midnight on New years eve would be what you will be doing all year. I sure hope not because i was asleep!!

Me too Deb, for Dennis left before midnight and Bug and I stayed until 1:30. We helped clean up. Since dh was there at midnight our friend kissed me on the cheek - wait he does that every week.
I have heard all my life is what you do on New Year's Day is what you will be doing all year. N o housework for me today! I am going to scrap.

Anyone eating greens, backeyed peas, cornbread and backbones today? I gave up a few years ago, didn't make me richer.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Danasgoodies1

Always so good to see you drop in Dana. We all miss you so much and looking forward to you returning everyday.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:
The little word sounds fun, but I just cant see paying $36. so is everyone paying the $36 or is it just something everyone is doing here?

I'm not sigining up for the workshop but I really liked the idea and thought I would make a sign or layout about my one word. I want to concentrate on it this year and even my non scrappy friends loved the idea.

There is a challenge for this by Tamny bing:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15493...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Welcome new sisters, looking forward to getting to know you.

How many do we have this round?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to jackie9635

Happy New Year!

ssallmels
Tenant
ssallmels
In response to TrishaLouise

Happy New Year Sweet Sister.

In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. ~Author Unknown

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to ssallmels

Well I did kiss Neil at the moment of midnight, but I wouldn't want to be doing that all year - when would I eat? My lips would wear out!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Isnt it weird that all the sisters are celebrating their 'birthdays' today cos they didnt put their real birthday down so it defaults to Jan 1st!!

I've been working hard on my Christmas Journal today and really enjoying it - popping in the photos and making sure everything fits. I have 3 more days to go - I'll get two done tomorrow and one on Monday which is a public holiday over here - yay!

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS
In response to lynnde

Oh My Sweet Pink must have 2 pals again.
I'm hoping to brighten your your days so your happiness won't be hard to find!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Well I did kiss Neil at the moment of midnight, but I wouldn't want to be doing that all year - when would I eat? My lips would wear out!

whine whine whine, wish I had your problem! especially since if I couldn't eat, I'd lose weight! lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

Jason and I went to see The Tourist tonight, the one with Angelina jolie and Johnny Depp. It was entertaining.

what's everyone else up to?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I saw that movie Tina. I thought it was okay. I think it was mostly a movie about Angelina's face. LOL!!

I haven't done anything today but goof off. My neighbor Michelle knew I was having a bad day so she's been here most of the day. she went home to cook for her boyfriend and son and then she'll be back. We've been playing Skip-bo all day. then we went to Taco Bell for her and Arby's for me for lunch.

I did eat my New Years dinner though. When I was at the grocery store this morning I bought a small pork roast, got some collars out of the garden and had some black eyed peas. Mission accomplished. I don't necessarily believe in all that but I can't afford to take any chances. LOL!!

I'm watching 'The other guys' with Mark Walburg and Will Ferrel right now. Then when Michelle gets back we'll play cards again.

This little coatamundi is all about laying in my lap lately. It's so sweet.

Tomorrow I want to scrap all day. I mean ALL day!!! Oh, I forgot, after my nephew and I rake the leaves up in the yard. They're about a foot deep in some spots.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh Tina I also just finished listening to that book on CD, Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Deb, what did you think of the book? was there a good "reader"? I've heard the reader can make or break when listening to a book.

ok, so what's with the collards and black-eyed peas thing? deb and suzi both mentioned it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Betsye - I think if I tell them on big picture scrapbooking that you referred me, you will get a discount - what name do you go under on that site?

Betsye Rose is the name that's in the top corner when I log in over there, the e-mail I used is [email protected]

I realize that I'm late answering this, but in case anyone else decides to sign up...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
  • youvegotmel Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • parisdame Said:
So I decided to spend a little on scrapping today. I am going on a no spending restriction except adhesive and for my little sister as of Jan 1st until I complete 50 pages and 10 cards. So at the usual rate that I scrap that should be 6 months but somehow I think I'll be scrapping much more (and quicker) with that motivation

I've been listening to everyone rave about the ATG so I ordered the pink one from J's today on sale and w/free shipping. I did manange to buy some fun goodies for my little sis too.

The ATG gun is a very wise investment. call me when you get up in the morning if you can.

Tres, that motivation sounds like a great idea! I don't know if I could actually stick to it but I might give it a good college try it! Are you talking about the pink adhesive gun with the bright green parts? If so, a piece of advice. Get the Perma Tac refills only. They have some others (repositionable,etc), but in my opinion the Perma Tac is most definately the best!

Thanks Mel! The ATG I got is only pink but I will keep an eye out for the perma adhesive

The best place for tape for the ATG gun is thetapedepot I buy it in a box of 12 at a time for less than $25.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Betsyes SS

• Betsyes SS Said:
Hello Betsye! I just wanted to stop in to wish you a Happy New Year!

I hope you have a great one too!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Isnt it weird that all the sisters are celebrating their 'birthdays' today cos they didnt put their real birthday down so it defaults to Jan 1st!!

I've been working hard on my Christmas Journal today and really enjoying it - popping in the photos and making sure everything fits. I have 3 more days to go - I'll get two done tomorrow and one on Monday which is a public holiday over here - yay!

I have to tell you, I'm impressed by your Christmas Journal.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Collards and black eyed peas are supposed to bring you money and good luck in the year if you eat them on Jan 1st.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Rosita

I forgot to eat black eyed peas today

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

Hi everyone! Just checking in from vacation. Hopefully ill be able to check in again before I get home. Love you all!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Fortunes Fool

Traci, hope you're having a good time.

I've never had black-eyed peas. or collards. maybe one of these days.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

hi ladies...

I finally started feeling better today and got some stuff done that I wanted to get done! I finished cleaning and organizing my closet, cleaned my shoe collection (you know, get rid of the old, make room for the new). I also cleaned out my dresser drawers, purged those too. Now I can start my 2011 year with an all new 'feel' when I go get myself dressed!

Then I tried to scrap...dang, my MOJO has just gone! Ihate that!!!! I made a few thank you cards for Dana to use tho so that's something I guess.

Then I made New Year's Dinner...a nice spiral ham, black-eyed peas and cabbage....all the good luck foods! Lord knows we need all the good luck we can get!!!

Then for the last couple hours me and Alison and my dh have been sitting by the firepit outside, roasting marshmallows, having a glass of wine, then came in and watched New Moon.

It was a good day...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to youvegotmel

Mel - Your evening sounds divine!
I am going to surprise everyone and go to bed before midnight, hmmm maybe I can do this the rest of the year too.

My word for 2011 is values, this way I get several words in.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
Deb, what did you think of the book? was there a good "reader"? I've heard the reader can make or break when listening to a book.

ok, so what's with the collards and black-eyed peas thing? deb and suzi both mentioned it.

The reader was very good!! I really liked the book. Totally not what I was expecting though. I thought it was going to be about the life of the girl with the tatoo.

the black eyed peas and collards is an old superstition about what you should eat on New Years day to bring you luck, and prosperity in the new year. I also saw on a site that you should eat 12 grapes. One for each month of the year. I first heard about the black eyed peas, collards, and pork thing back in the 70's when the company my Dad worked for gave us a gift box of all those things.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Just got home from Michael's cousins house a long exhausting but rich and rewarding day. Feeling blessed this year already! You all are amoung the blessings I count!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to scrapbrarian

hi girls

dana i hope the treatments start getting easier for you.

deb did you enjoy the other guys? i thought that movie was so funny bc it was just so unbelievable. did your day get any better?

traci i hope youre having a good vacation.

rebecca and mel glad you had a fun day

well i just relaxed today. i stopped by the mall to pick exchange a sweater but most of the day i just watched the three stooges (there was a marathon on) by mark's house. very relaxing.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Welcome new sisters, looking forward to getting to know you.

How many do we have this round?

21, Nancy is the only new one.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
I saw that movie Tina. I thought it was okay. I think it was mostly a movie about Angelina's face. LOL!!

I haven't done anything today but goof off. My neighbor Michelle knew I was having a bad day so she's been here most of the day. she went home to cook for her boyfriend and son and then she'll be back. We've been playing Skip-bo all day. then we went to Taco Bell for her and Arby's for me for lunch.

I did eat my New Years dinner though. When I was at the grocery store this morning I bought a small pork roast, got some collars out of the garden and had some black eyed peas. Mission accomplished. I don't necessarily believe in all that but I can't afford to take any chances. LOL!!

I'm watching 'The other guys' with Mark Walburg and Will Ferrel right now. Then when Michelle gets back we'll play cards again.

This little coatamundi is all about laying in my lap lately. It's so sweet.

Tomorrow I want to scrap all day. I mean ALL day!!! Oh, I forgot, after my nephew and I rake the leaves up in the yard. They're about a foot deep in some spots.

Tell me the story about the greens, blackeyed peas and ...backbones, I think Susie said. We don't have that tradition over here.

When I lived in France as a teenager, there was a tradition on 12th night where you bought brioche - a soft sweet bread often with sultanas in - which either had three crowns in or a little ceramic Jesus in a manger. It was a symbol of the three kingdom visiting Jesus. Everyone had it at New Year. When we went skiing last January, I bought some and Isabella got the baby!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Ok, so I've now caught up and can look forward to a year of penniless-Ness as I didn't have my blackeyed peas and ham and cornbread! Whoopee!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Is Nikilynn in this round? I'm missing her, though maybe she's still away. She sure would've ticked Trisha off for that entry, wouldn't she?!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

She'll probably be here tonight, spending time with family and loved ones in the snow.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

What's everyone up to today?? After church it's a scrappy day for me!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Rebecca, that's nice that you had such a good day. Are you very close to Michaels cousin and family? You are such a blessing to us too!!

Jackie I still have not finished watching the movie!! LOL!! I started watching it when I went to bed NY's eve and I only lasted a few minutes. Or maybe I started watching it that night before bed... At any rate I tried watching it 3 or 4 times yesterday and kept getting distracted. Or Hijacked. LOL!!! Some of it was funny to me and some of it stupid. I find most of Will Ferrels movies are like that. I couldn't even watch more than 5 minutes of Anchorman because I thought it was way too stupid. I'm to the part right now when they go over to his ex girlfriend's house. So I'll finish it today.

Rachel, I don't know about the backbones. All I've ever heard was pork. Any form of pork. I guess Suzi will have to tell us about the backbones.

I see I said I had collar greens. LOL!! They are actually collard greens. And those picked fresh out of the garden with a little bacon for seasoning and some black eyed peas...woooo weeeee, girl, you don't know what you're missin!!!! It's a totally southern dish. And if I could make decent cornbread I probably would have had that too!!

I think Niki is still having fun in the mountains. I know she'll be back as soon as she can. She caint quit us!!!

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie

• jackie9635 Said:
hello girls.

happy new years everyone!

i see my big sister was on here today how are you doing today?

Nancy welcome to the group. Hmmm the science museum with jim henson exhibit... i wonder if we live in the same state... please let me know how it is. i love the muppets! and have been debating to see the one by me.

I was, I was. I was here to see how my little sister was doing. You have been a very busy lady this season with so many things to share. Did you have a good New Year's Day?

I am doing fine. A day spent with family and friends. Like Rebecca's day, it was a joy.

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie
In response to SS 4 Sweet Jackie

For you sis!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to SS 4 Sweet Jackie

jci!

off to scrap and you all would have been so proud of me. I went to Target and didn't buy any scrappy supplies even though I loved the cute Valentine embellies

Now to get started on 50 layouts....

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to parisdame

Rachel: LMAO! Why do you think I posted the smiley face? It was because I (KNEW) Niki was out of town and I wouldn't get in trouble. lol

Well I broke down and started doing laundry this morning. I kept hoping that it would mysteriously get washed and put away. But it never happened.
I also put a pot of homemade veggie soup on since we are in the middle 20's today. I figure I can feed it to Andy twice today (once for lunch and once for dinner).

Tres: Does Target have their valentine things out already? If so I need to go!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

good morning girls

deb yes with will ferrel movie's it's a hit or miss. but like i said before i usually love dumb movies. my best friend does not and just rolls her eyes at me lol

rachel ive actually heard of that new years tradition too! im pretty sure it's bc us mexicans do it too lol. (we don't follow many traditions at my house though).

we do the 12 grapes at midnight and silver spoons by the door for wealth for the new year (but we didn't do the grapes this year since my mom wasn't home). shes the one that does all those.

hello big sister - i did have a good new years day! i relaxed all day. mark's mom made turkey breast with all the fixings so that was good. and i caved in and bought my sewing machine! i can't wait till it gets here. i might stop by j's today to pick out some fabrics to start working with so when it arrives im ready to play with it. that was my big purchase of the month and next month it's a new bed hopefully. then after that my buying should slow down a bit.

tres - congrats on staying strong! i think im going to limit my scrappy supplies as well. i should have enough with what i have and with what my SS will get me. but ya never know... lol

trisha the soup sounds delicious. i wish my laundry would wash itself too. but today is my laundry day so i better start at it before running errands.

i hope you girls have a great day. so much to do. i have to clean my room/do laundry then go to look at fabrics maybe pick up dinner on the way back... good thing i relaxed yesterday. doesn't look like ill get to too much today.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

WOW! This is a super fast moving thread. I'll do my best to stay caught up.

Thank you all for such a nice welcome.

We had a great time at the museum yesterday, but dd got sick while we were out, so last night I had to nurse a sick child Luckily she was a trooper while feeling poorly and we still had a fun day.

It's laundry day here too and I'm hoping to get both my trees down this afternoon. I'm not sure the ambition will actually come through for that or not. I'm going to a weekend crop next weekend and have tons of planning and picture uploading/printing to do before then as well. Not sure there will be enough hours in my day and tomorrow it's back to the daily grind.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays well!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrappindmbfan

ugh, head hurts, throat sore, generally feel like crud. think it's psychosomatic cause I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow? lol

tried to go to weight watchers this morning, but whole building was locked down. gonna go kick back for a bit, but determined to clean up some of my scrap room today. in fact, just picked up a few small, cute wire baskets.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

nancy, did you ever watch soap operas? this thread is kind of like that. no matter how long you've been gone and how much you've missed, you can usually pick it up again pretty quickly

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:

We had a great time at the museum yesterday, but dd got sick while we were out, so last night I had to nurse a sick child Luckily she was a trooper while feeling poorly and we still had a fun day.

It's laundry day here too and I'm hoping to get both my trees down this afternoon. I'm not sure the ambition will actually come through for that or not. I'm going to a weekend crop next weekend and have tons of planning and picture uploading/printing to do before then as well. Not sure there will be enough hours in my day and tomorrow it's back to the daily grind.

Hello, Nancy, I am not in this round but I have been in the past. You will have fun meeting all these great ladies. They have picked me up when I was so down. I just wanted to WELCOME you here. Happy New Year!, Pam

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to scrappiepammie

tina good luck organizing! i'm trying to do the same thing.

nancy hope your daughter feels better

pammie - hi. how are you doing?

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana

Hi everyone, just got home from church and thought I'd check in. Hope you all have a great day! Gotta get to shopping for my pal.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to DivaDana

Hey Nancy, I felt the same way but it's true you do get half way used to it by the time it's over, LOL.

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

• jackie9635 Said:
tina good luck organizing! i'm trying to do the same thing.

nancy hope your daughter feels better

pammie - hi. how are you doing?

Hi, Jackie, Happy New Year! Sorry to read about your puppy.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Rebecca, that's nice that you had such a good day. Are you very close to Michaels cousin and family? You are such a blessing to us too!!

Jackie I still have not finished watching the movie!! LOL!! I started watching it when I went to bed NY's eve and I only lasted a few minutes. Or maybe I started watching it that night before bed... At any rate I tried watching it 3 or 4 times yesterday and kept getting distracted. Or Hijacked. LOL!!! Some of it was funny to me and some of it stupid. I find most of Will Ferrels movies are like that. I couldn't even watch more than 5 minutes of Anchorman because I thought it was way too stupid. I'm to the part right now when they go over to his ex girlfriend's house. So I'll finish it today.

Rachel, I don't know about the backbones. All I've ever heard was pork. Any form of pork. I guess Suzi will have to tell us about the backbones.

I see I said I had collar greens. LOL!! They are actually collard greens. And those picked fresh out of the garden with a little bacon for seasoning and some black eyed peas...woooo weeeee, girl, you don't know what you're missin!!!! It's a totally southern dish. And if I could make decent cornbread I probably would have had that too!!

I think Niki is still having fun in the mountains. I know she'll be back as soon as she can. She caint quit us!!!

We always have sprouts with Christmas dinner and the way I like them best is with pancetta fried up and chopped up chestnuts. yummy. same principle as your collards I think!

megans_bigsis
Tenant
megans_bigsis
In response to RachelUK

Hello to my sister TRISHA!

I've been starting to look at your wishlist. Is there any item on there you are dying to have? Do you have any colors you scrap with a lot?

One more question...do you have a favorite snack?

Hope you have a good week! Happy New Year!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to megans_bigsis

I made a great dinner tonight. Beef Wellington with mashed potato (with grated black truffle that my brother gave me for Christmas) and green beans. I also made chocolate roulade but we were so full we haven't started eating it yet!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

mmm that sounds heavenly Rachel.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Rosita

Good morning ladies!

Today is take Christmas down and pack it back up for next year day. I have all the boxes out and ready to be packed but I am sooo not into it. Instead I'm sitting in my scrapchair HOPING I can get some mojo! I want to create something so badly but I just haven't been able to come up with any ideas or motivation. It's literally been three months since I've done any real scrapping or art. Driving me nuts!

Jackie I love your new avi! gorgeous!

Hi Rosita!

Rachel, I want to make some beef wellington sometime but haven't tackled it yet. is it easy to learn to make?

I have good news...well, we'll see if it really is good news or not, but anyway...as some of you know my dh is a big guy. He was a big guy with big strong broad shoulders when I met him and I wasnt too bothered by his weight cause it wasn't too bad and he's a sweet sweet man. Now though, two years later, he is battling obesity and I am struggling really hard with it. I know it probably sounds shallow to you, as it does to me even. And I also know that I don't have a perfect body and could stand to lose some pounds myself. BUT, my dh has put on so much weight that his clothes don't fit any more, his knees, which were already bad, are much worse now and he suffers with them every day, he breathes loudly alot of the time and as mean as it sounds, it drives me insane to listen to it all the time. (I'm going to h3ll arent I?). It affects almost every aspect of our lives and none of it in a positive way. I have been really having problems with the whole thing. What actually worries me most though is that I worry about him having a heart attack or something. It's definatley NOT healthly to be that big and it obviusly means your heart has to work harder to pump your blood etc.

I've gently tried to talk to him several times about it, but he wouldnt even discuss it. Kind of got all defensive and pissy about it. He eats way too much when he eats and he eats way to frequently, and rarely eats healthy food. I talked to him again about it the other night and he wasn't very receptive. But apparently he gave it somethought and he brought it up himself later on. Now he has set a new years goal to lose weight and get back into some kind of reasonably good health. He says come next Christmas Im not going to recognize him cause he's serious about it and is going to stick to it this time.

I am going on a diet and exercise program with him and we've both set our goals and hopefully we'll be much better for it in thenext few months.

I got the Zumba dance exercise program recently adn am starting it tomorrow, plus I'm pre-planning our meals and will be getting rid of ALL unhealthy snacks in the kitchen this evening and bringing in only good healthy stuff. If it isnt there we can't eat it right? right!

I don't know how much he'll be able to exercise with those knees but I plan to try and get him up and walking at least...we'll see how it goes. he's never stuck to anything that required him not to eat fried foods and huge quantities before, but I'm praying that with the right planning I can help him stick to it. (me too!)

Wish us luck!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Mel, good for you and hour DH. it's not easy. I confess, I just bought 2 workbooks on disordered and emotional eating, and my counselor wants me to find someone who specializes in eating disorders to collaborate with.

could you give the specific name of the zumba program you bought?

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana

Best of luck Mel. My family needs to do this also. I had lost 40 lbs but have gained most of it back. I too am planning to do things that lead me to be more healthy, diet seems to effect me wrong so I don't use that word.

DoodleMe
Tenant
DoodleMe
In response to DivaDana

Hi Debs! what are you up to today? Did you put Christmas decorations up? Are you taking them down yet? Did you get the yard raked with that nephew of yours? Have you warned him about the imminent rise in rent charges?

Hey Rachel - did you save some for me? Sounds like the perfect dinner!

Edited by DoodleMe on 01-02-11 01:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SS4Traci
New Kid On the Block
SS4Traci
In response to thinkpink22

I'm here to claim my little sister Traci. Are you out there?
I sure hope so!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to SS4Traci

Mel - nothing could be easier than Beef Wellington, its just that - at least over here - the meat is crazy expensive, but Neil bought it for a new year treat for us all!

You put the fillet of beef in a hot oven for about half an hour, with butter and brandy on it - sort of plaster the butter on. While its in the over, mush up a whole pile of onion and mushrooms in the food processor, ands cook them in butter for about 20 mins, but which time the meat is finished. Cool both down - and even make it to this stage the night before if you like!

Next day, get out your puff pastry (I use frozen - tastes just as good at the end!). Roll out 14" x 10". Spread half the mushroom mix on the base. Pop the lump of meat on the top, spread the rest of the mushroom mix over the top. Now get the pastry all round like a parcel, sealing up the edges with whisked egg. Even if you think it doesnt look neat and tidy, it will when its cooked! Put back in a really hot over (its 230C which is around 400F I think) for 30 mins or until it looks cooked, and its all done - still nice and pinky-red in the middle but done to perfection. I dunno how you could go wrong really!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Are you guys putting all your decorations away already? Whatever happened to 12th night? I know you are not quite as heavily into Christmas as the Brits are, but even so, I keep my decorations up until the last minute!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I'm adding to those wishing to change their eating habits this year! I am setting a goal, and besides, I am planning to see a whole bunch of old friends in spring this year, and I do not want to be bulging out in all directions when they see me, and if that isnt an incentive, I dont know what is!

Mel - your dh is a sweetheart, for thinking about it and thinking of you - give him every bit of encouragement you can!

Years ago I read a book about a school caretaker who wanted to go to the Solomon Islands. He'd read about them and set his heart on the plan. So he pretended to start smoking, and decided he needed 20 a day, and he put aside the money for 20 cigarettes every day until he had saved up enough to go. Once he'd been, he discovered that it was every bit as wonderful as he'd expected, so he came back, and he and his wife upped their 'smoking' habit to 30 per day. No matter what happened, the money went into the savings box for the fags (cigs). They emigrated with their children and never came back.

Now think of a goal that is going to change your life, and put the money in your box which would have previously been spent on chocolate, or McDs or subways - or whatever is your 'poison' so that you can really see the difference that giving up makes!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to SS4Traci

Good Afternoon Ladies. Sounds like most of you are busy.

Tres - good for you not making the purchases. I hope I can show some restraint this year myself.

Trisha - my laundry isn't doing itself either - what is up with that.

Tina - hope you aren't coming down with something.

Mel - I have been wanting to try Zumba so will love to hear how you like it. Liking it is the key to sticking with any exercise program so if the walking thing doesn't take hold maybe have some backup activities to just 'try' and see how it goes.

Hi Jackie, Dana, Rosita, Rachel and Nancy.

I got home from spending the weekend at my parents and my house was freezing cold. It appears the pilot light had gone out and my brother was here and relit it for me. The house seems to be warming up so hopefully that will take care of it. My AC and Furnace are nearing their end of life though so I have some worry over this - which brings me to the suggestion of having a word for the year. I am not going to sign up for the class, but I liked this idea so after some thought the one that seems to stick with me is fearless. However when I say it it actually becomes two words fear less. I am a terrible worry wart and it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I get obssessed with worse case scenarios. I hate being this way but have never had any luck stopping it, so I will meditating on this for the year I think. I am not starting out to well if the furnace incident is any indication though.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to megans_bigsis

• sshhpal Said:
Hello to my sister TRISHA!

I've been starting to look at your wishlist. Is there any item on there you are dying to have? Do you have any colors you scrap with a lot?

One more question...do you have a favorite snack?

Hope you have a good week! Happy New Year!

Hey sister of mine!

I had a nice low key New Year (very enjoyable).

One of my favorite snacks are gummi savors or gummi fruit. I think I could eat those 24/7
Anything from my wish list is on the want list and there are no pacific colors I am scrapping with. I am how ever scrapping a LOT of travel photos so any travel embellishments is always appreciated.

Do I get a hint as to whom you are?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to DivaDana

• DivaDana Said:
Hi Ladies. Third day and Toby Mac were awesome! We skipped Jeremy Camp tonight the girls were just worn out from getting up early this morning. And swimming all afternoon. Home tomorrow after lunch with scrappy friends from this site!

So Jealous!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to ssistokk

• ssistokk Said:
I baked some cupcakes for my little sister KayKay:

Love these! I also have received lovely e-cards from my SS...Got to update my wishlist, have not done that in FOREVER. Lots of new stuff I HAVE to have!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Tina scraps Said:
Lori - please do pop in and say hello.

hope everyone has a good night. I'm on my own till jason comes home around 9:30. I just finished reading girl with the dragon tattoo - it was so good! intense though. I'd highly recommend it, though you should be warned there's violence to women.

Love that book, read all of them! Serious retribution.....in a great way

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to DoodleMe

• DoodleMe Said:
Hi Debs! what are you up to today? Did you put Christmas decorations up? Are you taking them down yet? Did you get the yard raked with that nephew of yours? Have you warned him about the imminent rise in rent charges?

Hey Rachel - did you save some for me? Sounds like the perfect dinner!

Hi my Princess Sis. Yes I had decorations up. Not due to me though. Bruce had already put up the outside lights and the Christmas tree. He'd also gone into the attic and gotten down all the house decor. I had boxes sitting everywhere. The grands were here and unpacked most of the stuff and it was sitting all over the living and dining room. I just sort of gave them a free for all about it. They loved it. It was like Christmas morning to them unpacking everything.

The day i found out about Bruce my neighbor Michelle and my ex- sister in law came over and decorated the house for me, took out all the boxes and vacuumed the carpet. The were a Godsend to me because the next day and for a week after that I had a house full of people. It would have been a disaster to have the mess I had before they showed up.

Today I had me nephew and I rake part of the yard and bag up the leaves. Then he mowed the grass while I took down some of the outside lights. I got most of the lower ones. My house is an A frame so the roof is extremely steep. Bruce would get up there to put the lights up but with my bad leg there's no way I can do that. My wonderful neighbors are going to come and do it for me.

I brought all the empty boxes in to put the decorations back in but that's as far as I got/ LOL!! I'm pooped.

My nephew and his girlfriend are moving in with her parents. YAY!!!!!! The just found that out today. They will be here for one more week. After they're out I'm going to instruct my sister to get this trailer moved out of here so I won't be faced with this problem again. that way she, or her son can not move back in it. I just hope they don't think they'll be able to move in my house since i have an extra bedroom. That room is for you girls when you come to Florida. LOL!!!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Collards and black eyed peas are supposed to bring you money and good luck in the year if you eat them on Jan 1st.

In the northern states, it is pork and sauerkraut that will bring you good luck if you eat it on New Years Day.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I made a great dinner tonight. Beef Wellington with mashed potato (with grated black truffle that my brother gave me for Christmas) and green beans. I also made chocolate roulade but we were so full we haven't started eating it yet!

I want to come for dinner, Please?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Are you guys putting all your decorations away already? Whatever happened to 12th night? I know you are not quite as heavily into Christmas as the Brits are, but even so, I keep my decorations up until the last minute!

I keep mine up until after Epiphany (holiday), a Christian holiday on January 6 celebrating the visit of the Magi to the infant Jesus....usually the weekend after.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to kaykay1010

ugh, I've definitely come down with something. some kind of stomach bug I think.I dozed for a while, but it looks like I will not be going to work tomorrow after all.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Rachel, that beef wellington sound delicious and fairly easy. I may have to try it. What kind of steak do you use?

Mel, that's so awesome that you and your dh can work together on an eating and fitness plan. that should make it easier on both of you.
Bruce never gained a pound since High School and trying to diet with him eating his ice cream, chips, cookies etc was almost impossible. so tomorrow I'm cleaning out all the junk snacks and start on a healthy eating plan myself. I have some mostly healthy food in the freezer and I've filled the fridge with fruits and veggies so I should be able to stick to a plan as long as the fast food joints to rope me in. That's a huge downfall of mine. There's a McD's, BK. Taco Bell, KFC etc on every corner here in Orlando. and Mel, you know that Krystal's right up the road. LOL!!!

so tonight I'm indulging in some Key Lime pie and whatever I want and tomorrow is D day. D standing for diet!!! I get tons of exercise at work but I will start doing some weight training on my 'Total Gym.' I mostly need help in my abs. that's one area that doesn't get worked out at my job.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
ugh, I've definitely come down with something. some kind of stomach bug I think.I dozed for a while, but it looks like I will not be going to work tomorrow after all.

Tina, so sorry that you're feeling poorly. Get lots of rest and tell Jason that I said so!! LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Good Afternoon Ladies. Sounds like most of you are busy.

Tres - good for you not making the purchases. I hope I can show some restraint this year myself.

Trisha - my laundry isn't doing itself either - what is up with that.

Tina - hope you aren't coming down with something.

Mel - I have been wanting to try Zumba so will love to hear how you like it. Liking it is the key to sticking with any exercise program so if the walking thing doesn't take hold maybe have some backup activities to just 'try' and see how it goes.

Hi Jackie, Dana, Rosita, Rachel and Nancy.

I got home from spending the weekend at my parents and my house was freezing cold. It appears the pilot light had gone out and my brother was here and relit it for me. The house seems to be warming up so hopefully that will take care of it. My AC and Furnace are nearing their end of life though so I have some worry over this - which brings me to the suggestion of having a word for the year. I am not going to sign up for the class, but I liked this idea so after some thought the one that seems to stick with me is fearless. However when I say it it actually becomes two words fear less. I am a terrible worry wart and it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I get obssessed with worse case scenarios. I hate being this way but have never had any luck stopping it, so I will meditating on this for the year I think. I am not starting out to well if the furnace incident is any indication though.

I used to be like that in a bad way. When I'm at work I have a tendancy to dwell on my problems. That was before I started to listen to books on CD when I was working. Now I enjoy a good book, get my mind occupied and off my problems and learned how to not sweat the small stuff.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

Hi to everyone! I totally went on computer hiatus over the holidays! I had not even looked at my email on my phone, and just spent time with family and enjoyed the house and tried to be a good wife and mother.....I am so OVER that now, I need to get back to real life and I missed all you guys! I felt like I was suffocating without knowledge of your lives! What does that say about me?

Got 2 basketball games today, getting ready to leave for the second one, where we have to work the door/concession stand at our school! Start at 6 and home at 9, then get ready for school to start tomorrow.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrappiepammie Said:
  • scrappindmbfan Said:

Hello, Nancy, I am not in this round but I have been in the past. You will have fun meeting all these great ladies. They have picked me up when I was so down. I just wanted to WELCOME you here. Happy New Year!, Pam

Hi Pam. I'm glad you're coming by to talk to us more often. I missed seeing you around.

Jackie, your new avi is adorable!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• TrishaLouise Said:
Rachel: LMAO! Why do you think I posted the smiley face? It was because I (KNEW) Niki was out of town and I wouldn't get in trouble. lol

Well I broke down and started doing laundry this morning. I kept hoping that it would mysteriously get washed and put away. But it never happened.
I also put a pot of homemade veggie soup on since we are in the middle 20's today. I figure I can feed it to Andy twice today (once for lunch and once for dinner).

Tres: Does Target have their valentine things out already? If so I need to go!

Sorry about the laundry but funny how I keep wishing the same thing

Target is full of Valentine scrappy goodness in the Dollar section. I did pick up a body lotion just because it had Eiffel Towers on it...I am such a loser!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Jackie I like your new avi!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

It will still be looking a lot like Christmas around my house until late January. I think I may be one of the last people in the world to take my Holiday decorations down. Hubby and I were just saying how much we are still enjoying them.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• youvegotmel Said:
I have good news...well, we'll see if it really is good news or not, but anyway...as some of you know my dh is a big guy. He was a big guy with big strong broad shoulders when I met him and I wasnt too bothered by his weight cause it wasn't too bad and he's a sweet sweet man. Now though, two years later, he is battling obesity and I am struggling really hard with it. I know it probably sounds shallow to you, as it does to me even. And I also know that I don't have a perfect body and could stand to lose some pounds myself. BUT, my dh has put on so much weight that his clothes don't fit any more, his knees, which were already bad, are much worse now and he suffers with them every day, he breathes loudly alot of the time and as mean as it sounds, it drives me insane to listen to it all the time. (I'm going to h3ll arent I?). It affects almost every aspect of our lives and none of it in a positive way. I have been really having problems with the whole thing. What actually worries me most though is that I worry about him having a heart attack or something. It's definatley NOT healthly to be that big and it obviusly means your heart has to work harder to pump your blood etc.

I've gently tried to talk to him several times about it, but he wouldnt even discuss it. Kind of got all defensive and pissy about it. He eats way too much when he eats and he eats way to frequently, and rarely eats healthy food. I talked to him again about it the other night and he wasn't very receptive. But apparently he gave it somethought and he brought it up himself later on. Now he has set a new years goal to lose weight and get back into some kind of reasonably good health. He says come next Christmas Im not going to recognize him cause he's serious about it and is going to stick to it this time.

I am going on a diet and exercise program with him and we've both set our goals and hopefully we'll be much better for it in thenext few months.

I got the Zumba dance exercise program recently adn am starting it tomorrow, plus I'm pre-planning our meals and will be getting rid of ALL unhealthy snacks in the kitchen this evening and bringing in only good healthy stuff. If it isnt there we can't eat it right? right!

I don't know how much he'll be able to exercise with those knees but I plan to try and get him up and walking at least...we'll see how it goes. he's never stuck to anything that required him not to eat fried foods and huge quantities before, but I'm praying that with the right planning I can help him stick to it. (me too!)

Wish us luck!

Good luck to you and dh! Here's to a healthy and happy new year for you both!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Yummy! I'm coming right over

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I'm adding to those wishing to change their eating habits this year! I am setting a goal, and besides, I am planning to see a whole bunch of old friends in spring this year, and I do not want to be bulging out in all directions when they see me, and if that isnt an incentive, I dont know what is!

Mel - your dh is a sweetheart, for thinking about it and thinking of you - give him every bit of encouragement you can!

Years ago I read a book about a school caretaker who wanted to go to the Solomon Islands. He'd read about them and set his heart on the plan. So he pretended to start smoking, and decided he needed 20 a day, and he put aside the money for 20 cigarettes every day until he had saved up enough to go. Once he'd been, he discovered that it was every bit as wonderful as he'd expected, so he came back, and he and his wife upped their 'smoking' habit to 30 per day. No matter what happened, the money went into the savings box for the fags (cigs). They emigrated with their children and never came back.

Now think of a goal that is going to change your life, and put the money in your box which would have previously been spent on chocolate, or McDs or subways - or whatever is your 'poison' so that you can really see the difference that giving up makes!

Funny story about the cigs...I had a friend quit when I calculated that her habit was costing her a two week all inclusive vacation in Mexico every year for two people!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Mel that is so wonderful that you and dh will work out together and get healthy together! You go girl!

Hi Kelly and Sherri nice to see you back on here

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to parisdame

Jackie what an adorable new Avi

Sherri love your word for 2011

Sweet Deb, you sure have been on my mind all weekend! You asked if I am close with Michael's cousins who we spent the day with yesterday. From the minute I met dh's cousin wife Lisa we hit it off like long lost sisters! She is an absolute doll! They had twins 3 years ago with some help (invitro fertilization). Because she knows our struggles and ultimate childlessness she has made us honorary Aunt and Uncle to Billy and Ella and we adore them!! They were such fun yesterday. I just wish they didn't live more than an hour away!

I am joining all of you doing laundry today. Even stripped my bed, sheets are now in the dryer, just 2 more loads to go and I am done!

Tina, sorry to hear that you are sick feel better soon!

Hi Trisha, Tres, Kelly and Pammie

Still haven't scrapped today. Loaded Christmas photos on Facebook and uploaded the last of my Decemeber Daily's in my gallery here. I'll post them in a minute and then I am going to go get dinner started. I am making oven baked potato chips, bunless turkey burgers and coleslaw.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Annies sister

• Annies sister Said:
YIPPEE, I'm #3
and I'm here to say,
I hope Annie has a great day.

Annie, I'm looking forward to being your big sis!

Oo yay I've been claimed! I could just eat you up...yum!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

I can't remember how to change my signature. Can anyone post the directions for me?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to parisdame

Tres go to My Forum Stuff->My Forum Control Panel->Signature

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to parisdame

Here are the last 6 lo's from my December Daily album. TFL

Keep Christmas with you all through the Year By Scrapbrarian
Santa Baby By Scrapbrarian
Merry Christmas By Scrapbrarian

Thursday December 23 By Scrapbrarian
Joy By Scrapbrarian

Presents! By Scrapbrarian

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi Annie!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Oo Rebecca great new pages for your december daily! I've got 5 pages left, nothing happened those days and I'm having a hard time deciding how to fill them...

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Rachel I took my tree down yesterday, usually I wait for the 12th night, but my hubby, the wonderful man that he is, kept trying to throw dog toys over the railing (which the tree is in front of) and knocking ornaments off the tree. I was worried that he'd break them so I took it down.

Mel I'm starting a new workout and diet as well, starting with a 7 day cleanse, should be interesting! But I really hope that with both of you doing it together you'll be able to motivate each other!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:
Jackie what an adorable new Avi

Sherri love your word for 2011

Sweet Deb, you sure have been on my mind all weekend! You asked if I am close with Michael's cousins who we spent the day with yesterday. From the minute I met dh's cousin wife Lisa we hit it off like long lost sisters! She is an absolute doll! They had twins 3 years ago with some help (invitro fertilization). Because she knows our struggles and ultimate childlessness she has made us honorary Aunt and Uncle to Billy and Ella and we adore them!! They were such fun yesterday. I just wish they didn't live more than an hour away!

I am joining all of you doing laundry today. Even stripped my bed, sheets are now in the dryer, just 2 more loads to go and I am done!

Tina, sorry to hear that you are sick feel better soon!

Hi Trisha, Tres, Kelly and Pammie

Still haven't scrapped today. Loaded Christmas photos on Facebook and uploaded the last of my Decemeber Daily's in my gallery here. I'll post them in a minute and then I am going to go get dinner started. I am making oven baked potato chips, bunless turkey burgers and coleslaw.

I saw your pictures on fb. It does look like you had a wonderful time with the kids. And got them some great presents too!!! I bet they love it when you come to visit!!

Thank you for thinking of me Rebecca. Today I had a really good day. I guess yesterday was bad because it was the New Year and it's the first one I've had alone for 24 years. Well not including last year when he was in rehab. Of course last year I was looking forward to a new life with a sober husband so it was worth having the holidays alone,or so I thought at the time. Today I did get a little mad a few times that he left me here to take care of all this myself. If you ever saw my yard and the amount of work that's involved you'd understand. Michelle came over today to blow off the patio, driveway, and the paver paths going out into the woods and she said, "It's never ending." LOL!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rebecca, all of your new pages are wonderful!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to parisdame

Tina: Sending you get well hugs!

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie

Rebecca, Love your new layouts and love the paper too.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana

Good night all, Back to work in the am after 3 weeks off!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

hi everyone,
thanks for the encouragement on the new healthy eating and active moving plan! Looks like several of us are in the same boat! Maybe we should make our own thread again and encourage and motivate each other? Hmmmm....something to think about...

I have been a busy bee today. My dauther leaves tomrrow and Im happy to say her visit was pretty darn good this time with no real major drama. I was seriously almost dreading it, which I know sounds awful. I am happy to report that we enjoyed each other this time, so yay! She and I took all the Christmas decor and tree etc down. Then I took her to see her friends one last time and I went to the mall and bought myself something to wear to the rehearsal dinner at Haley's wedding later this month. (I'd LOVE it if it were too big and I had to go get a smaller size! )
I put together a Meals for Dana schedule and tomorrow is our turn to take a meal over there so my dh is in there following my recipe for potato/leek soup, with fried ham to go on top. I'll take it over there tomorrow during my lunch break while dh takes Alison to _____________ to meet her Dad. (neighboring state).

THEN i actually scrapped a page! first time litereally in forever! (I haven't been able to do anything creative that amounts to anything since Dana got diagnoses with cancer. I don't know what the dang deal but it is soo frustratting! I have all this ART inside me, but no mojo to get it done! lol Anyway, here's what I did tonite:
Haley's Bridal Shower By Youvegotmel

ssallmels
Tenant
ssallmels

Hi little sis - congrats on getting some scrappy mojo going. The layout is marvelous, your daughter will love it.

Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life. ~Author Unknown

Suzettes big sister
Tenant
Suzettes big sister
In response to ssallmels

Hey little sister! Tell me now...what is your favorite scrapping supplies that you have and what are ones that you would like to try or want OR NEED desperately?

What is one thing off your wishlist that you want more than the others?

What is your favorite color?

Let me know sis!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to ssallmels

• ssallmels Said:
Hi little sis - congrats on getting some scrappy mojo going. The layout is marvelous, your daughter will love it.

Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life. ~Author Unknown

Hi big sis!!!!! Thanks for stopping by! So glad to see you !!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to RachelUK

Hello to my little sister.
I hope the New Year is treating you well.
I know you might have thought I forgot,
But for certain, I wouldn't have missed her!

Page 4 of 67 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics