Page 5 of 67 
Username Post: January~March Secret Sisters Swap (closed for this round)        (Topic#1548923)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to parisdame

OMG I am dying! I am checking in from work and I have written a bunch of huge long posts only to have them just delete! Frustration! But I am very happy that I am using up my work time so I can have my home time quicker! Looking for the happiness!

Hope all of you had a great new years!

Let me think what I can remember without re-reading. But I'm going to post individually so it doesn't just disappear!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Rebecca and Melody~beautiful pages! But you ladies always do amazing work so no surprise!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Nancy~welcome! I'm just thrilled to have you here and to be able to get to know you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Jackie~you are such a beautiful girl in all the pictures! Your avatar is no exception

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Debbie~you have a secret sister again! YAY! And it isn't ME~I pinkie promise!

I am on my way to Florida to get some wings from hooters...care to join me? I still have your photo as a hooters girl on my phone! Makes me smile each time I see it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Trisha...I am totally jealous of you being able to wait on laundry for more than 24 hours. If I did that, they would have to call the jaws of life to get me out!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Pammie~good to see you on here! We love having you drop in and you are more than welcome to pull up a chair and stay!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

TO MY BIG SISTER~Now I am totally upset that you have did the unthinkable and reused an old secret sister id of mine from another round...the one where I had three people! This is frustrating to me because I cannot possibly figure out who you are from those posts. I am going to have to just make a brand new RULE about this so you will need to change that up immediately and just sign your real name to all posts from now on please. Thank you very much! (not really...I hate not knowing!)

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Tina~I am giving you this hug to make you all better!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Angie~I am so glad you are back in this round! I loved getting to know you the last one you were in!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

My mom and dad always said you had to eat sauerkraut to have a good new year and I hate it so much that I told them I would rather have a bad year than to eat that junk!

I am having a great year this year though! And without the sauerkraut, thank you very much!

I sure hope the thing about what you do on new years at midnight you do all year long! Contrary to what Tina says, there really is too much of a good thing!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well, gotta go get some g-tubes up and running and give the last of the meds so I better get back to work! Totally unfair I have to leave you all but I'll be back tomorrow! Love you all!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Just wanted to say that I've had a great conversation here tonight and I'm full of happiness! (my word...I'm thinking it and using it!)

One funny...my three little ones came in the room crying this morning. I asked what was wrong and Rowyn couldn't tell me so Tauryn jumped up and said "Rowyn is mad cause we were playing house and I told her that she had to be the Daddy and NOBODY wants to be the Daddy cause he just gets up and goes to work and then comes back home and then he doesn't have nothing else to do!" Daddy wasn't as amused!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

And tomorrow starts my diet and exercise program and I need to go eat some Haagen-Dazs right now before midnight! Luckily I only have one little serving size container of butter pecan! YUM!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Mel Im glad he decided to change. Mainly because it can lead to serious health problems if not. I think preplanning the meals will definitely help and when the weather gets a bit nicer you guys can even take some walks around the block and that could help too. Without being too strenuous. And I think Rachel came up with a great plan to help and reward yourselves as well!

Deb that’s great that you had help today and that they’re leaving lol. How did her parents take the news? Do they know yet? Good luck with D-Day!

Tina I hope you feel better

Kelly did you guys win?

Rebecca your dinner sounded delicious. Great job on the layouts.

Thanks for the love on the avi girls. And good luck to everyone who is starting their diets! Mark decided he had to start one too. He gained 10 pounds over winter. But you can’t tell bc he’s a giant. But the other day when he went to try on his pants the button came undone lol. So he decided he needed to lose the weight.

I had a good day. I bought some material so I can make my first quilt. Im so excited for that. Can’t wait till my sewing machine comes in. and I hung out with my best friend.

I hope everyone has a good night!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to jackie9635

Evening ladies. Looks like all had a great day, except for Tina, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Jacki - I agree your avi is darling.

Annie - I'm not sure if I told you, but I love your new avi too.

Mel - That is awesome news, I wish you both health. Great lo too.

Rachel, hmmm that sounds good, I may have to try that soon.

Rebecca - I love your daily pages.

Deb - Great news on losing your renters!

Pam and Dana - Good to see you both here. Dana we are on several of the same challenges and swaps.

Kimberly it is so good to see you on here too.

Today was a very sad day here. We lost a Brother at Church today. We had our New Year's blast Friday night and Brad always cooked, he loved to cook. He is the one that cooked, chicken, ribs, wings, turkey legs, and bbq. He passed out Friday while cooking. Another man took him to the emergency room, his blood pressure had bottomed out. He came back to the church and was sitting at one of the tables laughing and talking to everyone. I can still see his face smiling. They took him back to the hospital this morning, said it wasn't a heart attack and not sure why. Church tonight was very sad, in fact all afternoon was.

He leaves behind a wonderful wife and two daughters, one a hs jr and the other fr at college. He was also one of our Deacons. This family is so Godly too. I am requesting prayers for Paula is going to need them really bad. You see less than a year ago, she lost her sister suddenly and 5 days later her father. Now her wonderful husband. Her mother was her visiting from out of state and she was working on getting her to move here at least to an assistant living.
I kept thinking I am so glad her mother was here with her to comfort her.

Being away from your children when they need you is so hard. My oldest daughter is 9 hours away. I talked to her Thursday night and she was so sick, her husband the pilot was in another state. She finally called him Friday to come home. It hurts to see your baby girl in tears and just wants her mommy to hold her and tell her she is going to be okay. I stayed up til 5am talking to her off and on.

I am going to the dr tomorrow for I am feeling a scratchy throat and that is not to happen. Next Thursday we are leaving for FL to go on our cruise on the 15th. I am super excited for this is my first time. Also a few days ago I managed to slam my knee on the foot board of bed,(dont even ask it was a freak accident) and it is killing me. I thought it would get better in a couple days and just bruised. I dont know what I did to it, but I got to see what it is. I am NOT going to miss this cruise.

Nikilynn - My mamagram is Wednesday. I usually have mine done in Feb, but received my letter last week with the appointment.

Sorry so much, life is crazy right now here. Have a great week everyone and Big Sis I'll get back to you tomorrow.

My trees are still up and the lights are turned on. I hate taking it all down for I love the decorations. At least my china will remain out, since it only has to go back in the china cabinet.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

TINA - I found Kiwi a playmate that you might like!

http://pettube.com/Bad%20bird

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

1st day home By Peridotskies I'm just doing some scrapping of my beloved furbaby Feather. He passrd away yesterday night. He had lived a long life of 17 years. I'm missing him.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Peridotskies

Love adore Extraordinary By Peridotskies

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

My beloved Feather By Peridotskies

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Meow By Peridotskies

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

Cattitide By Peridotskies

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

stretch By Peridotskies

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Morning

I must have slept funny last night because my neck is stiff this morning.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • scrappindmbfan Said:
Are you still taking sign-ups? I would LOVE to join if you are. There are several people already signed up that could vouch for me being a reliable non-flaking swapper.

welcome nancy. i'll send you your little sister in a little while. im on my way to my niece's birthday party and nee to find someone who hasnt contacted their little sister yet

AWESOME!Thank you so much! I PM'd my survey to Kimberly!

I can't wait to find out who my little sister is

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hi Nancy. Great to have you here.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• thinkpink22 Said:
I like the word thing. My word is going to be
"happiness"! That is what I'm going to search for every single day because I believe if you look for it, you'll find it! And I want to be happy every day! Is there a place that you go to to sign up for the word thing or is it just on here.

Kimberly

That is a great word. It's also like you said a great thing to look for in everyday life.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Mel I'm glad to hear the mojo is coming back! I'll be keeping the fingers crossed you will need a wole new wardrobe for the wedding!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Pink that story about the kids had me laughing out loud at my desk-hilarious!!

Jackie I just love your new avi-you are just way to cute!

Suzi I am sorry to hear about your church brother, what a sad situation! I will be praying for his family! I hope you will have so much fun on your cruise! We are going on one in February over Valentine's day-I can't wait!

Katrina I am sorry to hear about your furbaby, how sad!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Mel I almost forgot I would be up for a support group-everyone could always use a little support!

I managed to get to work early and use the gym, 30 min on the bike before work and fruit for breakfast! Now to keep that up...I am a girl who likes food and sleep too much.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Danasgoodies1

• Danasgoodies1 Said:

Hello you beautiful ladies, I have so missed you all, just wanted to say hello and check in...I'm not going to enter this time but would love to keep in touch. I want you all to know how much love and support have meant to me. I cannot wait till I am able and ready to get some mojo back and try all my new stuff you sweet girls have gotten me and sent me...I have had the most awesome secret sisters ! You all pleaseeeeeeee know how much it has meant to me and how much I love you !

I am having my 3rd treatment Monday, the second one was really hard on me and I didn't get to enjoy Christmas like I usually do. It was hard n me. I was sick for 9 or 10 days and now its time for another. So it is just a process but part of the journey. I will be doing radiation after completing my chemo the end of March. So will surely be looking forward to the summer so all this will be behind me. So look for me in the next round.

Hope all of your holidays were as wonderful as you are...I am so thankful for yo all...love to each and every single one of you !

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason'

(http://danaspassiononpap er.blogspot.com/)

Hi Dana! So glad to see you!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Pink that story about the kids had me laughing out loud at my desk-hilarious!!

Jackie I just love your new avi-you are just way to cute!

Suzi I am sorry to hear about your church brother, what a sad situation! I will be praying for his family! I hope you will have so much fun on your cruise! We are going on one in February over Valentine's day-I can't wait!

Katrina I am sorry to hear about your furbaby, how sad!!!

Thank you.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
Debbie~you have a secret sister again! YAY! And it isn't ME~I pinkie promise!

I am on my way to Florida to get some wings from hooters...care to join me? I still have your photo as a hooters girl on my phone! Makes me smile each time I see it!

Yay is me!!!! don't even tease me about you being on your way!! that would be so awesome!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Tres go to My Forum Stuff->My Forum Control Panel->Signature

Thanks Annie!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to DivaDana

• DivaDana Said:
Good night all, Back to work in the am after 3 weeks off!

3 weeks off! Lucky ducky but it goes by too fast I'm sure.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Sassy Suzi Said:

that is hilarious!!! lol thanks Suzi!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• thinkpink22 Said:
Just wanted to say that I've had a great conversation here tonight and I'm full of happiness! (my word...I'm thinking it and using it!)

One funny...my three little ones came in the room crying this morning. I asked what was wrong and Rowyn couldn't tell me so Tauryn jumped up and said "Rowyn is mad cause we were playing house and I told her that she had to be the Daddy and NOBODY wants to be the Daddy cause he just gets up and goes to work and then comes back home and then he doesn't have nothing else to do!" Daddy wasn't as amused!

out of the mouths of babes...LOL!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

I called in sick last night cause I wasn't sure who I'd feel this morning. I still had a really rough night sleeping, so my back is achy and I'm especially tired, but I am feeling better. so thanks for all the well wishes, I'm sure it helped!

I'm going to rest up this morning and hopefully do a little organizing later. jason's working 2-10, so I have the house to myself later. actually, now too, since he's sleeping, lol.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Suzi so sorry to hear about your close church friend. What wonderful memories you have of him.

Katrina sory about your beloved cat. Very nice pages you scrapped of your sweet kitty.

Rebecca great pages...left some love

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to parisdame

Pink that story about not wanting to be the daddy is just too cute!!! Kids do say the darndest things don't they?

Jackie I don't really know what her parents said. I've only met her mom once and that was briefly when she came to drop stuff off for Kim. I tell you these two have only been seeing each other for a few months. She told me her mom said they could live there and they had to keep the house clean and keep the yard up.

the one thing I can say is that as young as she is, I think she's good for Jesse. It sounds strange to even think it. Jesse is a very 'different' sort of person. His Mom was on crack and never lived in a place more than a few months the whole time he was growing up. Every man she was ever with was an abuser. Especially Jesse's Dad. He is crazy!!!! He's almost killed 3 people by almost beating them to death. I'm talking about Jesse's Dad, not Jesse. The things that child had to witness when he was growing up is beyond anything I can imagine. My sister just let him run wild. I have not seen Jesse upset though since he started seeing Kim. His language has calmed down and he even seems 'happy'. It just a long long story, but I hope he finds his way eventually and turns out okay. I know he adored my husband. Bruce was the only man he knew that was not abusive and vulgar. Bruce even made him help him decorate the Christmas tree. The were so cute together. Jesse at first didn't want to. Then Bruce said, "Come on Jesse, this is a family thing." I was just listening to them chatter away the whole time the decorated it. I wish I'd have gotten pictures!! The first time I ever saw Jesse cry was when he came here after Bruce died.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Suzi, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend at work. When you said you could picture his smiling face I could too. I've never seen the man of course, but I had a picture of him in my head. I will pray for his family.

How is your daughter feeling now? that's so sweet that she called her mommy. Loved that bird video too. That bird was too funny. now a bird like that I could handle having.

Katrina, I'm so sorry about your little Feather. What a cute name. Your pages you did are so beautiful!!!I know it has the be therapeutic to scrap those pages. One day I hope to be able to do that with Bruce.

secretsissy11
New Kid On the Block
secretsissy11

Tina I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! Cant wait to finish shopping for you little sis :DDD

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Michelle came over last night and we played Phase10. It was really fun. It would have been more fun had we had more players though. Skipbo is easier to play with 2 people. We were trying to think of someone we could have come over to play cards with us.

So I'm on the bandwagon with you girls. Today is the day I stop smoking, start eating healthy and start a new chapter!! I weigh more now than I ever have in my life!!! Even during pregnancy!!

I stopped smoking for about a month, then Bruce lost his job. I started back. then I stopped again for a few weeks. then he died and I started back. It's just been a vicious circle of bad news. So with the New Year here I am trying again.

Today I think I'm going to try to do some Christmas pages. I'm working the rest of the week so today is the only day I'll probably feel up to scrapping.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Tina, it's good to hear that you're feeling better today. Just get some rest, maybe watch some movies. Do you have work tomorrow?

Good morning Tres!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi Sweet Pink, just love your children and the adorable things they do and say. My little Tauryn is a trip!!

Suzi I am sorry to hear about your church brother, how sad especially at this time of year! I too will be praying for his family and your church family, who will surely miss him!

Katrina I am sorry to hear about your kitty, love the pages that you did in her memory.

Deb, I just love you! Can't wait to meet you this Spring, I look forward to some game playing with you. Kimberely taught me Skip-bo when she was here in the Fall and she beat the pants off me!! Phase 10 sounds fun too!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Tina even though you are feeling better, take it easy today!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay last day off, gonna get scrappy busy now.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

hi girls.

deb that's such a sad life for jesse to have. hopefully his girlfriend is good for him. and good luck with the goals you set!

suzi that's horrible about the church brother. i hope his wife is ok. and i hope your daughter feels better too.

katrina sorry about feather. we just lost our gizmo so i know how it is. it's great that you already scrapped some photos though.

i hope everyone has a good day. i have to hurry up and get ready for work. didn't want to wake up this morning after the long weekend lol.

hope everyone has a good day!

avpinky327
Veteran
avpinky327

hello ladies! glad the holidays are over they were very time consuming! how was everyones new year?
my little bro is here working w me again im glad, i was worried about him being home bored after the puppy passed he took it hard...
Jacky he laughed at ur avi u look 5 too cute!
Tina im glad to hear u are doing better
Oh Deb 16 and pregnant makes me so sad.. u did a great job talking to her tho also good luck quitting! its such a hard habbit to quit
niki hope u had fun on the mountains
Suzi im sorry to hear about your church brother i will keep the family in my prayers

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to avpinky327

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie

• jackie9635 Said:
good morning girls

deb yes with will ferrel movie's it's a hit or miss. but like i said before i usually love dumb movies. my best friend does not and just rolls her eyes at me lol

rachel ive actually heard of that new years tradition too! im pretty sure it's bc us mexicans do it too lol. (we don't follow many traditions at my house though).

we do the 12 grapes at midnight and silver spoons by the door for wealth for the new year (but we didn't do the grapes this year since my mom wasn't home). shes the one that does all those.

hello big sister - i did have a good new years day! i relaxed all day. mark's mom made turkey breast with all the fixings so that was good. and i caved in and bought my sewing machine! i can't wait till it gets here. i might stop by j's today to pick out some fabrics to start working with so when it arrives im ready to play with it. that was my big purchase of the month and next month it's a new bed hopefully. then after that my buying should slow down a bit.

tres - congrats on staying strong! i think im going to limit my scrappy supplies as well. i should have enough with what i have and with what my SS will get me. but ya never know... lol

trisha the soup sounds delicious. i wish my laundry would wash itself too. but today is my laundry day so i better start at it before running errands.

i hope you girls have a great day. so much to do. i have to clean my room/do laundry then go to look at fabrics maybe pick up dinner on the way back... good thing i relaxed yesterday. doesn't look like ill get to too much today.

A new sewing machine sounds like a great purchase, what projects are you planning to use your new machine for? Do you have anything to add to your wish list that would be supplies for your new sewing machine?

SS 4 Sweet Jackie
Tenant
SS 4 Sweet Jackie

• jackie9635 Said:
hi girls.

deb that's such a sad life for jesse to have. hopefully his girlfriend is good for him. and good luck with the goals you set!

suzi that's horrible about the church brother. i hope his wife is ok. and i hope your daughter feels better too.

katrina sorry about feather. we just lost our gizmo so i know how it is. it's great that you already scrapped some photos though.

i hope everyone has a good day. i have to hurry up and get ready for work. didn't want to wake up this morning after the long weekend lol.

hope everyone has a good day!

Don't work to hard little sis and have a great Monday

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to secretsissy11

• secretsissy11 Said:
Tina I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! Cant wait to finish shopping for you little sis :DDD

oohhhh I've been claimed! hey big sis! let me go make sure my wish list is updated

Suzi, I'm sorry about your friend. That must be heard.

Deb, it sounds like you and Bruce have been a stabilizing force for Jesse. It was probably better for him to be staying at a trailer at your place than anywhere else.

and Katrina, for your poor little furbaby.

think it's time for

Edited by Tina scraps on 01-03-11 11:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Tina I am glad you're feeling better! But you should still enjoy a lazy day!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • DoodleMe Said:
Hi Debs! what are you up to today? Did you put Christmas decorations up? Are you taking them down yet? Did you get the yard raked with that nephew of yours? Have you warned him about the imminent rise in rent charges?

Hey Rachel - did you save some for me? Sounds like the perfect dinner!

Hi my Princess Sis. Yes I had decorations up. Not due to me though. Bruce had already put up the outside lights and the Christmas tree. He'd also gone into the attic and gotten down all the house decor. I had boxes sitting everywhere. The grands were here and unpacked most of the stuff and it was sitting all over the living and dining room. I just sort of gave them a free for all about it. They loved it. It was like Christmas morning to them unpacking everything.

The day i found out about Bruce my neighbor Michelle and my ex- sister in law came over and decorated the house for me, took out all the boxes and vacuumed the carpet. The were a Godsend to me because the next day and for a week after that I had a house full of people. It would have been a disaster to have the mess I had before they showed up.

Today I had me nephew and I rake part of the yard and bag up the leaves. Then he mowed the grass while I took down some of the outside lights. I got most of the lower ones. My house is an A frame so the roof is extremely steep. Bruce would get up there to put the lights up but with my bad leg there's no way I can do that. My wonderful neighbors are going to come and do it for me.

I brought all the empty boxes in to put the decorations back in but that's as far as I got/ LOL!! I'm pooped.

My nephew and his girlfriend are moving in with her parents. YAY!!!!!! The just found that out today. They will be here for one more week. After they're out I'm going to instruct my sister to get this trailer moved out of here so I won't be faced with this problem again. that way she, or her son can not move back in it. I just hope they don't think they'll be able to move in my house since i have an extra bedroom. That room is for you girls when you come to Florida. LOL!!!

Debs - the only people who come and stay with you are those people you invite and want. You do not have to have anyone you don't want - its YOUR house!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
Are you guys putting all your decorations away already? Whatever happened to 12th night? I know you are not quite as heavily into Christmas as the Brits are, but even so, I keep my decorations up until the last minute!

I keep mine up until after Epiphany (holiday), a Christian holiday on January 6 celebrating the visit of the Magi to the infant Jesus....usually the weekend after.

Jan 6th is indeed 12th night, and the arrival of the wise men is when we traditionally take the decorations down.

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-03-11 11:34 AM

OMG!!!! last I was on... I think we were on page 8!... I'll catch up sooner or later!!

How is everyone? I'm doing fine! How was everyone's New Years??? Mine was GREAT!!!

Thursday night we got to the cabin and just chilled and relaxed.
Friday, we went tubing... It was so much fun and so tiring! But ALL the kids had SO much fun!!
Then we went the Hot Spings Pool... it was -15 degrees (with wind chill factor, they said it was -26 )... so the hot spings felt sooo good, and after tubing all day, it was SO nice.
We all did stay up till Midnight, then we ALL crashed!
Saturday we went snowmobiling... for 4-1/2 hours! Talk about FUN!!!!!!! I didn't want it to end... it was so pretty up in the mountains!!
Then we chilled on Saturday night.
Sunday we packed and drove home!

WOW... was I ever SO tired when I got home last night!!!

I've SOOOOOOOOOOOO missed ALLLLLL of you!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • secretsissy11 Said:

oohhhh I've been claimed! hey big sis! let me go make sure my wish list is updated

Suzi, I'm sorry about your friend. That must be heard.

Deb, it sounds like you and Bruce have been a stabilizing force for Jesse. It was probably better for him to be staying at a trailer at your place than anywhere else.

and Katrina, for your poor little furbaby.

think it's time for

Yeah Tina. In fact he lived with us for 2 years back when he was 10 & 11. I think those were the best years of his life. The first year his Mom was on crack and homeless, then she was in jail. the second year she was out of jail and living with us. He totally reverted to his disobedient self when she moved in. the first year was great, the second year was horrible. He said to me once, "I wonder how I would have turned out if I would have stayed living with you and Uncle Bruce." Living with us was the only time he'd been in the same house for more than a few months. And I was taking him to counseling twice a week. Once he and my sister got their own place she stopped taking him. So even though he's on my nerves, I truly love him and feel bad for him.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Rachel, that beef wellington sound delicious and fairly easy. I may have to try it. What kind of steak do you use?

Mel, that's so awesome that you and your dh can work together on an eating and fitness plan. that should make it easier on both of you.
Bruce never gained a pound since High School and trying to diet with him eating his ice cream, chips, cookies etc was almost impossible. so tomorrow I'm cleaning out all the junk snacks and start on a healthy eating plan myself. I have some mostly healthy food in the freezer and I've filled the fridge with fruits and veggies so I should be able to stick to a plan as long as the fast food joints to rope me in. That's a huge downfall of mine. There's a McD's, BK. Taco Bell, KFC etc on every corner here in Orlando. and Mel, you know that Krystal's right up the road. LOL!!!

so tonight I'm indulging in some Key Lime pie and whatever I want and tomorrow is D day. D standing for diet!!! I get tons of exercise at work but I will start doing some weight training on my 'Total Gym.' I mostly need help in my abs. that's one area that doesn't get worked out at my job.

Its fillet of beef that you need for this dish, and over here it is the most expensive cut of beef you can buy, so we only have it once a year. The one I bought was around 3lbs or slightly more and cost about $60. Crazy expensive. I think beef is cheaper in the US but its still gonna be big bucks.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
OMG!!!! last I was on... I think we were on page 8!... I'll catch up sooner or later!!

How is everyone? I'm doing fine! How was everyone's New Years??? Mine was GREAT!!!

Friday, we went tubing... It was so much fun and so tiring! But ALL the kids had SO much fun!!
Then we went the Hot Spings Pool... it was -15 degrees (with wind chill factor, they said it was -26 )... so the hot spings felt sooo good, and after tubing all day, it was SO nice.
Saturday we went snowmobiling... for 4-1/2 hours! Talk about FUN!!!!!!! I didn't want it to end... it was so pretty up in the mountains!!

All of that sounds sooooo fun Niki!! I've never done any of that!! I'm glad you had a great time!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Mel that is so wonderful that you and dh will work out together and get healthy together! You go girl!

Hi Kelly and Sherri nice to see you back on here

Tres - did you ever get the little letter/package I sent you?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Annies sister Said:
YIPPEE, I'm #3
and I'm here to say,
I hope Annie has a great day.

Annie, I'm looking forward to being your big sis!

Oo yay I've been claimed! I could just eat you up...yum!

Annie did the treacle arrive safety?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Rachel - what is treacle? and how are things going at work? did you apply for that other position you mentioned?

Annies sister
New Kid On the Block
Annies sister

Hello to my little sis Annie! Hope you are having a great new year, month, week, and day!

Love,
your secret sister

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh, so it must the the filet mignon. That's our most expensive cut I believe. maybe I'll make a mini one. LOL1

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Annies sister

• Annies sister Said:
Hello to my little sis Annie! Hope you are having a great new year, month, week, and day!

Love,
your secret sister

Yum Annie's sister. I LOVE Salt & Vinegar chips!!

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace
In response to RachelUK

My good friend down the street,Michelle, you know the one i play cards with, well she and her boyfriend came down today to take down all my Christmas lights. I just thought that was so sweet. I got the ones off the front porch but some of them were all the way up at the top of the house. Thank goodness for good friends, and neighbors!!! Tony taking down the lights By DebDoodlesotherplace

Michelle, taking down the lights By DebDoodlesotherplace

Edited by DebDoodlesotherplace on 01-03-11 12:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to DebDoodlesotherplace

There is NOTHING like good neighbours, and yours seem like real gems, Debs.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

These are some of the los from my Christmas journal - finally getting them uploaded!

Grateful By RachelUK

Visitors By RachelUK

Giving gifts By RachelUK

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana

checking in with you girls, just finished a long first day back to work. I am worn out from it, LOL. I don't think I've been claimed yet unless I missed it and that's entirely possible. Have a great evening all, probably be back around tomorrow if work allows.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Oo Rebecca great new pages for your december daily! I've got 5 pages left, nothing happened those days and I'm having a hard time deciding how to fill them...

The sort of prompts I get when doing mine often are the perfect reminder of things that you might not otherwise scrap - your favourite/perfect tree ornament, for example, or your favourite carol and why it is your favourite; something about your visitors; what gifts everyone got this year - it doesnt need to just reflect that day (and this is where I got it wrong the first year I tried it without signing up for the prompts!)

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
Trisha...I am totally jealous of you being able to wait on laundry for more than 24 hours. If I did that, they would have to call the jaws of life to get me out!

One day, Cinderella, even you will be able to get to beyond the 24 hour mark without putting the washing machine on!! I remember putting washing on on Christmas Day in the past! Oh boy - you think those days will never end, but they do - honest!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• jackie9635 Said:
Mel Im glad he decided to change. Mainly because it can lead to serious health problems if not. I think preplanning the meals will definitely help and when the weather gets a bit nicer you guys can even take some walks around the block and that could help too. Without being too strenuous. And I think Rachel came up with a great plan to help and reward yourselves as well!

Deb that’s great that you had help today and that they’re leaving lol. How did her parents take the news? Do they know yet? Good luck with D-Day!

Tina I hope you feel better

Kelly did you guys win?

Rebecca your dinner sounded delicious. Great job on the layouts.

Thanks for the love on the avi girls. And good luck to everyone who is starting their diets! Mark decided he had to start one too. He gained 10 pounds over winter. But you can’t tell bc he’s a giant. But the other day when he went to try on his pants the button came undone lol. So he decided he needed to lose the weight.

I had a good day. I bought some material so I can make my first quilt. Im so excited for that. Can’t wait till my sewing machine comes in. and I hung out with my best friend.

I hope everyone has a good night!

Jackie - I hope you have been warned....the patchwork and quilting habit is another hobby that is going to TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE!!! It certainly has mine in the past - I have lots of lovely quilts in the house, and plenty of fabric too - all waiting for me to retire and make some more!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Brilliant video - I love it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Peridotskies Said:

Your los are so cute Katrina - I'm glad you have such lovely pictures of your kitty - so sorry for your loss - he was a real member of the family, thats for sure.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
I called in sick last night cause I wasn't sure who I'd feel this morning. I still had a really rough night sleeping, so my back is achy and I'm especially tired, but I am feeling better. so thanks for all the well wishes, I'm sure it helped!

I'm going to rest up this morning and hopefully do a little organizing later. jason's working 2-10, so I have the house to myself later. actually, now too, since he's sleeping, lol.

Who DID you feel this morning then Tina? Come on - out with it, girl!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

lol, I meant HOW I'd feel of course, rachel

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

You fitted in a whole week of holiday into a weekend - yay for you!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Ah you SAY that Tina, but you and I both know about Freudian slips!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

well, given how I've been feeling, I don't think it would be a good idea to "feel" anyone else today, might pass it along, lol

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
Rachel - what is treacle? and how are things going at work? did you apply for that other position you mentioned?

Do you recall the conversation on the last thread about treacle and using it to cook your ham once it has boiled in Coca cola? I gave the recipe. I think it is similar to molasses but not the same. I sent a tin of it to Annie so she could try it out!

As for the job, the closing date was on Christmas Eve, so despite the fact that everything was going off all around me, and the olds were buzzing around with 'can I help you's', I did actually manage to submit my application. Needless to say no one will probably have even looked at them before this week! I did get to have a chat to the CEO too, which was helpful.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh, so it must the the filet mignon. That's our most expensive cut I believe. maybe I'll make a mini one. LOL1

I actually cut ours in half as the whole thing would have been too much for 4 people. Last New Year we were on holiday skiing in France, and we took the joint with us, and cooked it for 10 people. Now that really DID make it worthwhile!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
well, given how I've been feeling, I don't think it would be a good idea to "feel" anyone else today, might pass it along, lol

Weren't you always taught that it was good to share?

avpinky327
Veteran
avpinky327
In response to RachelUK

Niki that sounds like an amazing time!
deb WOW talk about a story...

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

hi girls

rachel thanks for the warning! and cute layouts

big sister - im actually making mark a quilt and his mom an apron. those are my first two projects. and if the quilt turns out well i will make angie one too im not sure what i need. i guess i could always use thread and fabrics maybe a book for ideas of projects? btw i received your email! Thanks for the card it was too cute and a pleasant surprise.

deb that's wonderful you had all that help. and im sure your nephew has appreciated you guys tremendously as well.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I've been neglecting Neil all evening, so I am going to take my little glas of Bailey's (not the first, but probably the last!) and the phone, and talk to my friend in New Hampshire, and sign off for the night.

I had a great day off today - public holiday - and we have had a wonderful long weekend and fitted so much in. Mark went back to Leeds today where he lives, and starts work tomorrow. Josh is out for the night, staying with a school friend of his who is studying in the US and has just got engaged to a Vietnamese girl. Neil and I went to see our dgd and her parents, and some other friends - it was a good day.

I have three more pages to complete my Christmas journal, and I will finish them before the end of the week. There was a lovely nativity scene in the chapel at the hospital, all made in hessian, and I think I will take a picture of them for my Christmas Day page.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Niki sounds like you had a great time!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

You definitely need a book of ideas, Jackie, and I would suggest some classes. Measuring is the MOST important element of quilt making, and the biggest bonus is a rotary cutter, a long ruler (6" wide by about 15") and a self healing cutting mat. You could ask your sister for the cutter, but get a good big self healing mat, and keep it somewhere flat (under your bed for example) or it can warp.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Last lo I just uploaded. I always wonder how it might be possible to put a pink lo in a Christmas album, and then it comes together and pink is the perfect colour!

Grandma T's baking! By RachelUK

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

Rachel - Actually I ordered the rotary cutter and the self healing mat/ruler when I bought the sewing machine. So I should be getting it all soon. Plus Im going to stop by borders this week because I saw an idea book at the place where I bought the fabric but I'm sure I could get it cheaper at the book store with my coupons. Plus I looked up a lot of tutorials online already. I would just like another book for different ideas also

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Rachel I love your latest layout. It's so cute! That pink goes so well.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hello ladies! Sorry to your friend Suzette! That is hard...I know my husband deals with those situations every day and it is never easy for him!

I am thrilled to be at home today! No work for me for the next two days as well! I am planning on making a goal for myself to scrap once a week on one of my nights I'm off. I figure if I make it a goal...I can probably do at least a layout or two a week...that would be great!

I am so happy today because I am looking around at all the many people I have to be thankful for~you girls being very high on the list! So thankful for you all!

Have a wonderful evening!

avpinky327
Veteran
avpinky327

Pink thats a great goal Good luck

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Pink - I agree great goal! I have to get back on scrapping. I haven't in such a long time bc of the craft show things. So hopefully I can next weekend and catch up a bit.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hey to the beautiful Vargas sisters!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Rachel...you KNOW I love that layout! Left you some love!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well, goodbye to all of you for a while...need to get some supper started!

Ttyl!

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace

• avpinky327 Said:
Niki that sounds like an amazing time!
deb WOW talk about a story...

Oh Honey you have NO idea!! They could make a movie on my sister and her son's lives. And you know good and well that I only know a fraction of what really went on. The only things I know is what I saw and most of it was hidden from me or I wasn't around. I really didn't socialize with her except when I had to. Now I do more often because she works with me. And I've tried to help her out over the years. that's why her trailer is in my yard. She has straightened up alot but still has her moments.

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace

ooppps forgot to check out of my cute kids face. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Pink, Hi honey!! Sorry I missed you!! How exciting that you've set a goal to scrap. It's been a long time since you did a page!!

Rachel, all of your LO's are so beautiful. I need to get back on the comment circuit. It sounds like you had a really great day off today.

Jackie, good luck with your quilt. How do you have time for another hobby? I can't wait to see it though!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • parisdame Said:
Mel that is so wonderful that you and dh will work out together and get healthy together! You go girl!

Hi Kelly and Sherri nice to see you back on here

Tres - did you ever get the little letter/package I sent you?

I didn't...

Page 5 of 67 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics