Username Post: Glues and Adhesives        (Topic#1549589)
hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt

Does anyone have any preferences in glues and adhesives that work best over time? I recently got back an album I made for my mother just a couple of years ago and the pages and pictures were all falling out. I used a tape runner don't know which brand. Makes me rethink anything I make for long term. Help!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to hitchyt

This. You'll never regret it,,,,,use a coupon at M's and the gun will cost 20-24 bucks,,,refills are 10 bucks for 2 and each roll is 108 feet,,,,,you can use a coupon for them too to bring the price down,,,,,,,

it's the best and ultimately, it's the cheapest.

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to CommaHolly

I just got my pink ATG. I'm going home today and I can't wait to use it! I also have a bunch of other goodies sitting on my kitchen counter in brand new packages waiting to be put to use.

I use dots for my buttons and kaisercraft or sobo craft glue for my heavy embellishments. With clear items I use zip dry or spray vellum adhesive. Then when mounting my pages to chipboard for chipboard albums I use a glue stick (the lime greem one, not sure of the name). I just have to make sure it doesn't dry befre I put the page on or it won't stick. So far i've had nothing but success from these. I also use glue glider and as far as adhesive I've never had anything come unglued with it but I'm switching to ATG see which I like better and which is easier to use.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to beccacrouch

Diamond Glaze and Dots

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Just G

Stay away from glue sticks!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Bxr-Linda

Tombow Mono works the best for me and you can get a lot of use out of this little bottle because it doesn't take much to adhere. It is permanent adhesive. One end is a fine tip and the other is a broad applicator.

Mono Multi Liquid Glue

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

• CommaHolly Said:
This. You'll never regret it,,,,,use a coupon at M's and the gun will cost 20-24 bucks,,,refills are 10 bucks for 2 and each roll is 108 feet,,,,,you can use a coupon for them too to bring the price down,,,,,,,

I got this for Christmas. I love it! I don't know how it will hold up over time but so far it seems to be holding everything well.

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to caraboo

I'm with Holly & Cara... ATG rocks. I do still use Zots for buttons and a tape for ribbon but for pretty much everything else it's the ATG

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to JeepMama-Ar

Thanks too for the advise. I use zots as I couldnt stand the glue stick liquid. I have one of the glue strip things that looks like white out but not overly impressed with that either. I saw the pink atg at M's the other day and was curious if really works- Thanks again.

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to Linda Haulsee

Well, I am so excited I bought my pink atg today!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to latina43

you will LOVE it!!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to hitchyt

Thanks, I have the coupon and gift card will have to try them out. Its a waste of good scrapbooking if it doesn't stay together, huh?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to hitchyt

Love my ATG. I have the red one, and mine is about 4 years old now. And nothing is lose in my albums at all.

New Kid On the Block
In response to moonpuff

ATG is a good pick, have tried other brand and the output aint that goody

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to haydeejamison

Went to Michael's could not find the ATG?? Am I looking at the wrong place?

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

• CommaHolly Said:

Worth every cent. I couldn't scrap without it now. And it even came in handy when I was wrapping Christmas presents and I ran out of tape!

Sweetmel381
Expert
Sweetmel381
In response to meezerpleaser

I use a Ad tech permanent bond glue runner and then for loose glitter and rhinestones things of that nature I use ZIG pen. I'm really wanting to get an ATG runner, heard nothing but good things about it

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Sweetmel381

Got my ATG on Amazon for 22 w/free shipping.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-30-10 02:01 PM
In response to lisymarie

Another vote for the ATG...I love it!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt

Thanks. What or where is M's???

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-30-10 03:51 PM
In response to hitchyt

I would like the ATG but I find that I need something that is repositionable. Do they make repositionable tape runners for the ATG?

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-30-10 03:59 PM
In response to ckair

I would like to try the ATG but I think I really prefer repostionable glue. I bought permanent by mistake and ended up ripping paper when I needed to change something. Any ideas? Do they make the ATG with repositional adhesive. Please help!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to hitchyt

• hitchyt Said:
Went to Michael's could not find the ATG?? Am I looking at the wrong place?

M's is Michaels.

I was there today and there was a whole, big pink, separate display of the pink ATG. It was in the middle of the store. There were probably 15-20 available, plus the refills and other Scotch adhesives.

When I got mine a few months ago, I bought the only one the store had at the time. It was almost hidden on a little end display.

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had a feeling you were referring to Michael's. I guess I'll to look harder. I was there today too. I'll have to ask for it. Oh boy, another excuse to go back, LOL Thanks

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom

My kids used my ATG when they ran out of tape for Christmas gifts. Funny thing is that they used it on the outside of the paper also, for some reason, and the gifts they wrapped were sticking together. It's really sad because they are not young kids LOL. Needless to say we had to have ANOTHER talk about using Mom's scrapbook's supplies. I love my ATG also and I am very impressed with the strength of the adhesive.

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to hitchyt

Well, I finally got mine. Had to go to two M's to get it. Can't wait to try it out. And I got the pink one.LOL

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to Ms. Mom

Its funny you were saying your kids used your scrapbook stuff for wrapping presents. I couldn't find my tape and I was using whatever I could find. No kids to scold darn it!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yep, thats where I found it on an end display. Thankgoodness I live near two. The first one was out. Yeah they are a little pricey, had me a 50% coupon, whoo whoo. So much for my gift card I got for Christmas.LOL

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to hitchyt

ATG 90% of the time only thin I don't use it on is round embellishments those I use zip dry on.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Ms. Mom

• Ms. Mom Said:
My kids used my ATG when they ran out of tape for Christmas gifts. Funny thing is that they used it on the outside of the paper also, for some reason, and the gifts they wrapped were sticking together. It's really sad because they are not young kids LOL. Needless to say we had to have ANOTHER talk about using Mom's scrapbook's supplies. I love my ATG also and I am very impressed with the strength of the adhesive.

I was using my ATG while my daughter and were wrapping gifts.

I used it for something and it put down a gummed-up blob of adhesive. Turns out, my daughter had been playing with like a gun and pulling the trigger.
It appears, that's NOT a good idea!!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to Sneezy1956

What is Zip dry on? I use glue dots for my smaller embellishments.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to Bxr-Linda

I used my ATG always. Love it, nd it is very cost effective.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
I would like to try the ATG but I think I really prefer repostionable glue. I bought permanent by mistake and ended up ripping paper when I needed to change something. Any ideas? Do they make the ATG with repositional adhesive. Please help!

nope,,,,it's pretty dang permanent,,,,,I find that over the years, anything I have with repositionable adhesive just falls apart,,,,,,,,so I love my ATG,,,,,

depending on the paper,,,,you often have a very few seconds to pull it up again IF you don't smooth it down,,,,,I try and barely touch the item with the ATG on it to the paper on one side only just to test for straightness,,,,,

if the item is LARGE, I will put ATG on one half only, positioning on the un-glued side, and then smoothing down the glued side ONLY when straight,,,then pull up the unglued side and put the glue under it and then smooth that down,,,,

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

The ATG has been used by the framing industry for years and there have been no complaints about it. We scrappers adopted the gun and Scotch finally came out with a version for us. I love mine and have had no problems and I don't mind that I paid $42 for mine because at the time it was a great deal.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CorrieW

Zip dry is a liquid adhesive that holds everything and drys super fast.

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to ckair

I like the Scotch brand repositional craft glue stick. Don't know much about the ATG, I just got it a couple of days ago.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:

Repositionable is not permanent, so things will eventually fall off. I like to use magnets until I'm ready to glue everything down. I use Scotch Quick Dry most of the time.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to runzalot81

I LOVE my ATG. However, dh got me a roll of repositional adhesive for /Christmas (he's clueless about scrappy supplies). What can I do with it?

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to lisymarie

I think I need to buy an ATG....that will be my next semi-big scrappy purchase..now just how to go to a Michaels and just walk out with that? Ideas?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Spooky29

Ummmmmmmmmm tell yourself that the faster you get out of there, the faster you can play with your gun????????

don't forget a coupon!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics