Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What was/is your most unused scrapbooking purchase?        (Topic#1549771)
SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps

I saw this thread on the cricut message board and the answers were so interesting so I thought I would post it here. Mine would definitely be my Ripping Rulers, stickers and up until a few weeks ago my gypsy. IT SAT FOR A LONG TIME before then I have been using it alot lately and really like it now.....TFS....

Edited by SarahWscraps on 12-31-10 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to SarahWscraps

Everything now since I went digital!! It makes me cringe to think of the wasted money

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Mine would be the coluzzle (or however it's spelled). I tried to figure out how to use it, broke the blade somehow and decided it was junk and not worth the effort so I tossed it. (Not a big loss as it was on clearance and I had a coupon that also covered sale items, so it only cost a couple bucks).

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to Shutterbugg

Mine would be my YourStory. I got it with the blue expression bundle because it was cheaper and I thought I'll really use that.
So far Nope haven't used it once except to pick it up to dust it off.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to Shutterbugg

Thank you guys for answering I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with buyers remorse since I had so many views and no replies...lol I know if I had started scrapbooking before the cricut came out my list would be extremely long since I tend to have a shopping addiction!!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to janellie

I should add the Your story to my list as well I only used it once for a brag book for my mom, now it just collects dust(at least it's in the box though!)

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Scraparatus or however you spell it. I already had an eyelet setter then got a cropadile.

The other would be jumbo gromet setter - a friend used it and it looked so cool. Never used mine.

Of course there is the ton of stuff that I like but never used. I really need to try to buy with a purpose and not because I like it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-31-10 11:37 AM
In response to corrie fan

Stickles.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-31-10 11:37 AM

I regret all the corny looking die cuts and some stickers from way back yonder when I first started scrapping. There are things that I will never use!

leslief
Idol
leslief

I STILL have not used ANY of the Glimmer Mist bottles I have purchased. I also keep buying stamps and hardly ever use them.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to leslief

yeah -- I had a ton of stickers. Gave most to my 4 year old neighbor. LOL

My biggest waste were the curvy cutters (think that's what they are called). I could never get them to cut anything.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

We have seen "biggest buying regret" threads but you worded your question as "unused"... and while I can't believe I am saying this... my most unused scrapbooking purchase for the buck was my Cricut. I don't regret buying it but I hardly ever use it. (I am also "weighing" my answer based on cost.)

PS you know it's bad when I realized I use older, unpopular, scrapping tools like deco scissors, paper crimpers, Fastenator...MORE than my Cricut.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I will take the stickles and glimmer mists off your hands ladies! I would have to say the design runner. I use it but not as often as I had hoped.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom

It is definately stickers and my Slice. I am not happy with the way my Slice cuts and the stickers I purchased when I began scrapbooking. I plan to donate the stickers to a preschool after I get them all rounded up. Needless to say I do buy stickers anymore and even though I get tempted, I will not buy any cards for my Slice.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps

We have seen "biggest buying regret" threads but you worded your question as "unused"

I changed it from regretted to unused because regret seemed like such a bad word in scrapbooking terms!!!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Most unused for me: Piercing bugs

I have NEVER used them.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Bxr-Linda

Fastenater ~ had to have it, never use it.

Also have a thing called a clipper or something. You put these plastic clips in them and attach them to the top of paper. They have different sayings. Never use it.

TheHappyCat
Tenant
TheHappyCat
In response to foltzy

I bought myself some curvy cutters for my birthday a few years ago and I tried to use them, but they were so hard to control and difficult to use. They started collecting dust, but I sold them on eBay and got some money back for them.

Also, I got really excited about tearing tools and bought a bunch of them. I used them on one album, but right now I don't even know where they are.

ang_geo
Resident
ang_geo
In response to TheHappyCat

The your story machine thingy, got it as part of bundle with my cricut E. Never used it. still sitting in box.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to ang_geo

Mine would be my Slice. But one of my New Year;s resolutions is to learn how to use the thing.
Jen

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to JenKoss

Slice. It worked for 2 cuts and then just went kaput. Love my Cricut.

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to JenKoss

Design Runner. Used maybe 2 times and it sat for years. The ink dried up and there is no way I will spend what they want for ink, even at 50% off.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

The Fastenator is the ONLY thing I rushed out and bought full price when it first came out. I am NOT impressed by it (and regret buying it), but I force myself to use it!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 12-31-10 03:28 PM
In response to JenKoss

Slice.!!! I hate it !!! I got it on February and I tried to use it 2 months later and it was broken!!!!! I had to send it to MM (and I paid the shipping)....they sent me another one and I could never make it work..... too much money to the trash!!!now I have a cricut e and I love it!!!!!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to JenKoss

Border punches. I thought I'd like them...I do use one of them on occasion. But the rest....meh.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Penny Lane

Mine is the fastenator too. It's not totally unused, but it's such a clunky tool for what it does.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to ang_geo

• ang_geo Said:
The your story machine thingy, got it as part of bundle with my cricut E. Never used it. still sitting in box.

same here

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • foltzy Said:

The Fastenator is the ONLY thing I rushed out and bought full price when it first came out. I am NOT impressed by it (and regret buying it), but I force myself to use it!

Me too! I never could figure out how to make the fasteners go exactly where I wanted them!

SheCre8s
Expert
SheCre8s
In response to JenKoss

Bind it All, why do they call it that? mine has never binded anything lol

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to fatwhippet

• fatwhippet Said:
Design Runner. Used maybe 2 times and it sat for years. The ink dried up and there is no way I will spend what they want for ink, even at 50% off.

I'd have to add the Design Runner, too. What's worse-- before I even used it, I convinced my sister it was the BEST tool, ever-- so she bought the whole "package" too! We were both just saying how we have DEFINITELY not gotten our money's worth!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to leslief

mine was some ugly value slab paper from a no-name company (that generic! lol) that i just had to have because that much pp for only $10 (it was like 300 sheets) was such a bargin. lol. i used a few sheets when i first got it and realized i should have just spent $10 on quality pp i would actually use up. oh well. i donated it and now ask myself if i would actually use pp when buying it.

Resident
In response to JenKoss

paper packs. I used to buy them all the time but I finally realized I dont need so many copies of the same paper. Now i buy loss paper.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Penny Lane

• Penny Lane Said:
Border punches. I thought I'd like them...I do use one of them on occasion. But the rest....meh.

Oh, Penny. I think a border fairy just lost her wings. I love my border punches.

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to 950nancy

Fiskars shapeboss... I got it forever and ever ago when I first started scrapbooking and NEVER use it.

Sweetmel381
Expert
Sweetmel381
In response to beccacrouch

decorative edge scissors..... Ok when I bought mine (in the late 90's) they were used a good bit wasn't much else out there.

The Silent setter... thing you twisted to set eyelets.. hated it!!

and have to add the Cheap paper packs... think my kids at work love them but they are 4!! Only good they have been.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to beccacrouch

I would have to say all the making memories stamps and my craft robo. Love my cricut!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Sweetmel381

• Sweetmel381 Said:
decorative edge scissors..... Ok when I bought mine (in the late 90's) they were used a good bit wasn't much else out there.

The Silent setter... thing you twisted to set eyelets.. hated it!!

and have to add the Cheap paper packs... think my kids at work love them but they are 4!! Only good they have been.

I've used deco scissors as a good way to start a really rough distress...they are great for that! lol

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty

Ditto to Gelidy Gelato about the Cricut, in fact mine was so unused I have sold it, but I do have my Slice & Cuttlebug (the cuttlebug probably not much longer, my girl would like that!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Princess Kitty

Desisgn Runner I bought a few years ago and I have never used it.

Heather Leopard
New Kid On the Block
Heather Leopard
In response to dotfree

My Bind-it-all and all the goodies I bought for it as well as my Cuttlebug. I don't think they've been used once.

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Stickles.

oh I love my stickles!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to JenKoss

Mine is the "Big Bite" (I THINK that's the name) It's a relative to the Crop a dile I believe...it looks like a big stapler..anyway..I played with it once...when I first got it...since then it has been sitting in a drawer.

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to Scrapkaty

I have to agree with a lot of others things not being used after reading these posts. I have only used my fastenator one for the same reason. Staples never go where they are supposed to. i recently started using the deco scissors and learning to use my slice. My best purchase so far has been my cuttlebg and cricket, lives those twe thing alot. Not as creative as others but i wii gladly takes those stickles.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to janellie

I have very few regrets and very few unused items,,,,,,

I think I'd have far more however, if it weren't for this board,,,,,,I pass almost every purchase by the people here, listen to opinions before I buy and it's been so valuable,,,,,,

however, everyone has to live and learn on some things,,,,,,

so,,,,,,,,I do have a few

punches,,,,,,I just do not use them,,,,,,I have a cricut and I use it FAR more often,,,,,punches are expensive for what you get, IMHO,,,,,,fortunately, I have only like 6 punches,,,,(I have more border punches, but at least I use them somewhat, though less since I got the gypsy and can make almost any shape a border punch)

Cricut font cartridges,,,,,,,yeah, I just don't care for letters, rarely use them, hardly EVER do titles,,,,I love love LOVE my shapes cartridges, and use them a ton,,,,

cheap paper packs,,,,i think I bought the same 300 sheet box of paper someone else bought They are K and co, and I normally LOVE their paper, but this is DEFINITELY not their normal quality and thickness,,,,,,,Gave most of it away to my gc, and kept the prettier ones for cards, which they work well for,,,,,,

and that's about it,,

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CommaHolly

Most unused:

Piercing Bugs -- I think I used once.
Eyelets -- but they've been since repurposed into a rattle toy for my son so I no only have to deal with them.
Chalks -- they sit...and sit...and sit.

And I don't use my Cricut near enough as I should...BUT I use it much more than these other items!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
PS you know it's bad when I realized I use older, unpopular, scrapping tools like deco scissors, paper crimpers, Fastenator...MORE than my Cricut.

Why is this "bad"? Why should it matter if a product or tool is "unpopular" or no longer a fad if you are scrapping for yourself? Use what you love. Use what YOU love, not what press releases or videos or other people say you should love. Use what you love, and don't be ashamed of it.

I see a lot of people don't love their Curvy Cutters. Mine was a gift from my mother-in-law, with the circle template, and it's worked out okay for me. I've bought the oval and rounded square templates on clearance. I've found them handy but I can see where a different circle or oval cutter might be better. (And I don't mean the Cricut, I mean something where I can see exactly on the photo or paper or printed journaling the shape will be cut.) On that note, the Fiskars oval cutter was definitely a bad purchase.

My most unused thing that I actually own is probably my clear stamps, and really all my stamps in general. I can rarely get them to look good; I have success using heat embossing with them but I don't always want to heat emboss something.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Heather Leopard

Bought the Fiskars Shapeboss embossing system when I first started scrapbooking. I used it twice maybe. Just never caught on with me. It's in my "share" pile now. Going to a new home where it will hopefully be used a lot more.

Fiskars - ShapeBoss - The Ultimate Embossing System

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to olleharr

Aquabunny, have you tried a thin mousepad or piece of foam under the paper you are stamping on?? Seems to help give a clean, crisp image Shouldn't be necessary with wood block stamps though,,,,,

Edited by CommaHolly on 01-01-11 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

latina43
Expert
latina43

Punches.....why o why did i buy them! lol

New Kid On the Block
In response to JenKoss

what is the slice? what does it even do? i've seen in it the stores a million times but dont understand what it actually does?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

• Scrapkaty Said:
Mine is the "Big Bite" (I THINK that's the name) It's a relative to the Crop a dile I believe...it looks like a big stapler..anyway..I played with it once...when I first got it...since then it has been sitting in a drawer.

Me too on the Big Bite. I never even took it out of the package lol. But hey...it was on clearance at Walmart and I paid like $10 for it so I don't regret it.

I DO regret the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cricut cart-what a waste!
Oh...and the fonts I bought for my Sizzix (that was before I even heard of a Cricut) It sickens me to think of how much money I paid for those!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to DittoBabyGirl

ATG gun by far! I just HATE that thing, even though I know most people love them. My Fastenator sits unused as well, as does my I-Top brad maker. All of which I just HAD to have!

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Stickles.

YOU CAN SEND THOSE PUPPIES MY WAY - THEY'RE ARE PROBABLY ON MY TOP 10 LIST OF love PRODUCTS!!!

Edited by camelheel on 01-01-11 09:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• CommaHolly Said:
Aquabunny, have you tried a thin mousepad or piece of foam under the paper you are stamping on?? Seems to help give a clean, crisp image Shouldn't be necessary with wood block stamps though,,,,,

I use a piece of thin, foamy packaging material (FREE!) to stamp every time now. Even with the wood mount stamps, especially good for those detailed ones. Works beautifully!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to runzalot81

It's funny how one person's most unused item is treasured by others.

My most unused item is the Fastenator. When it first came out, I thought that the hype was ridiculous. But then....I gave in to a great sales speech at an Expo, and HAD to have one. I think I've used it about 10 times.

The Fiskars shapeboss is another. No hype there. I bought it because I thought I would like it. I've used it twice, I think.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
Bought the Fiskars Shapeboss embossing system when I first started scrapbooking. I used it twice maybe. Just never caught on with me. It's in my "share" pile now. Going to a new home where it will hopefully be used a lot more.

Fiskars - ShapeBoss - The Ultimate Embossing System

Me too! Kinda. I received it as a gift, but have used it maybe 3 times the way it's supposed to be used. I use the base to work on when I want to work in the living room! Edited to add: I use the stylus with my cutter to score. It's easier for me than my bone folder.
Also, paints. Of any kind. One of those corner punches that's supposed to emboss too. I used it for my sister's shower invites and hardly at all since... It's just too hard to push down to get it to emboss!

Edited by californiaphoenix on 01-01-11 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to JenKoss

I get rid of anything I never use so items aren't just sitting around collecting dust.

Just give me a hammer.
Making Memories Instant Setter

Too heavy!
Making Memories - 12x12 Paper Trimmer

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to CMLeach

• CMLeach Said:
Most unused:

Piercing Bugs -- I think I used once.
Eyelets -- but they've been since repurposed into a rattle toy for my son so I no only have to deal with them.
Chalks -- they sit...and sit...and sit.

And I don't use my Cricut near enough as I should...BUT I use it much more than these other items!

Oh no! I LOVE chalk!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to runzalot81

can I add Tim Holtz distress inks to my list of I can't STANDS??

I know EVERYONE loves them, but really,,,,,,yergh.

Gimme plain old chalk ink for distressing ANY DAY.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 01-01-11 11:43 AM

Thje design runner.Rcvd it for a gift 2 years ago, used it once, just don't like it plus the ink refills are way to expensive!
PS Happy New Year everyone:)

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to 950nancy

I totally agree with you. The Slice was a total waste of my money. Never worked right and I hated it .

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• CommaHolly Said:
can I add Tim Holtz distress inks to my list of I can't STANDS??

I know EVERYONE loves them, but really,,,,,,yergh.

Gimme plain old chalk ink for distressing ANY DAY.

I understand. I did get one of my six colors out this morning for inking the edges of my LO. Ended up going back over with my favorite chalk ink I mostly use the distress inks for coloring the background on tags and I rarely do tags.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:

The Fiskars shapeboss is another. No hype there. I bought it because I thought I would like it. I've used it twice, I think.

Yeah, it's really funny to see what people think of the different products, someone hates something others love and vice versa! LOL!

Totally agree on the Fiskars shapeboss! Maybe I've used it more if the embossing was larger/deeper, if you know what I mean... (Not the best to explain, lol!)

My most unfortunate purchase was Xyron personal cutter, although the shapes was sweet and available in 3 sizes - it rarely cut the shape all the way through. The paper always got stuck to the knife and screwed up... Unfortunately...

Edited by Scrappy Smile on 01-01-11 12:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Scrappy Smile

I also find it interesting and amusing that a lot of things that I like and use all the time are on the list of what people don't like or use. But I think one universal thing that I see a lot of people not using anymore or regret buying is stickers. And I'm still a sucker for them thinking I'll use them as I bought some border stickers yesterday. I actually have a specific layout in mind for them, so I will probably use them, but all those stickers I bought that didn't have a purpose - they were just pretty. I give big bunches of them to my 10 year old niece when I send her birthday or Christmas packages.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to cat_woman

Absolutely HAD to have.....iTop...Have used it once and now it just lays in the drawer. Also the Big Bite, MM Notching Tool thingy and chalks!

Holly - I am with you on the distress inks....I am thinking I just dont know how to use the darn things!!!

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to m.perk

I would love to have cropdile and fiskars embossing thingy I have used it at friends love it
and tim holtz distress ink I love so if your intrested In swaping I have brand new disney embossing folders and some enclude die cut double
packs pm hugs Lucretta

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to m.perk

Another vote for the Fastenator. I bought this as soon as it came out as well and used it like twice. Just didn't work right:( Also some Basic Grey notch cutting tool. NEVER used that. Don't know what I bought it for in the first place...LOL...

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to shopgirlaudi

I have a few. The crop-a-dile, the cuttlebug, and a grommet setter thing that I loath and will not use.

milesm
milesm 
Tenant
milesm

Bind-it-all(Cinch was so much more user friendly), and stamps!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to milesm

Once in awhile I'll pull out an unloved tool just to mix things up a bit. Too bad we all don't live close enough to do a tool swap or have big room all these things could sit in so we all could try them.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to cat_woman

I agree with the stickers too. I think they're really cool in the stores but when I get them home I can never seem to figure out how to use them. I don't even go down that isle anymore because I don't want to waste another dime.

Resident
In response to olleharr

Hmmm...
Making Memories magnetic stamps-It was a decent idea, but they don't stamp right. I got it for $5 at a convention, and I think it used to be around $15 for what I got. I can't remember if I've taken it to Goodwill or not, yet....

I'd say Cropodile, but I use it once a year to make the holes on my refrigerator calendar big enough for my push pin shaped magnets!

And, my Cricut, before I sold it. I ended up using my Slice way more, (and am so glad I have one that works) and it went to a happy home!

Anybody remember the Blade Runner? I bought one WAY back when, but I didn't realize I needed a glass mat. Yeah, that probably would have worked better.

Dedria Design
Resident
Dedria Design

I keep reading this post hoping it will remind me of something....I can't think of anything. But I CAN think of several things that I thought I didn't want anymore and gave them away. Like my extremely thick sticker binder...not that I would still use them, just wish I still had them. Or a 8 inch, stack of colored 8 1/2 by 11 corrugated cardboard.

svgandmtcfiles
Tenant
svgandmtcfiles
In response to Dedria Design

I remember the blade runner! I think I still have that somewhere in my pile of stuff. I know right where the glass mat is too! LOL

My unused product is the "Magic Scraps Engraver"... what was I thinking? I really have no idea why I bought this thing! lol

Edited by svgandmtcfiles on 01-01-11 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to svgandmtcfiles

what is a magic scraps engraver??????/

svgandmtcfiles
Tenant
svgandmtcfiles

I honestly don't know why I bought the darn thing. I used it once to engrave on some of that soft metal paper. I made some dog tags for a military page that I did. I have a pic but not sure how to upload it. LOL

joannadeal
Veteran
joannadeal
In response to svgandmtcfiles

I'm a newbie, so I don't have a lot of stuff. I use everything that I have. But, it is good info to hear what you don't use, so that I don't waste my money as I stock up on supplies and tools. Thanks for the info.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to joannadeal

that's been my experience with the whole thing Joanna,,,,I find the people here have saved me a ton,,,,,

and then there are the enablers

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Bev1

For me I would say my heat gun for embossing has been my most unused item. I have tried and tried to get embossing down and it looks tacky, burnt paper, and some just looked like I outlined it with a glitter glue pen. So frustrated I just gave up.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
ATG gun by far! I just HATE that thing, even though I know most people love them. My Fastenator sits unused as well, as does my I-Top brad maker. All of which I just HAD to have!

I've only used my Itop brad maker once.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Bev1

I have a couple...
1. Stickles - I only have 2, but I never use them
2. Stamps - although I keep buying them!
3. Brads - just not my thing, I guess!

Much to everyone's advice I recently purchased a ATG and loooooove it!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to bbarthej

i have one, i got a quckuts hand tool, because it was the only thing on the market close to what i wanted at the time ... and then on the day they first came out i got a shilouette (seriously got a call from my lss that they had arrived and i was their an hour later to purchase it), and haven't touched my QK handtool or the 2-3 alpha's i have to go with it ... i do have a pretty close copy of the alpha for use on my shilo though .... its the size thing im sure. of it.

i have a curvy cutter and it's really not that bad, just cant buy blades for it anymore, so im looking to replace it with MS circle cutter ... i refuse to waste money on punches (boarder punches don't count) but i seriously need something to cut small circles ....

i love my bigbite, but now i have a little pink guy who never gets used. and i have most of the old distressed inks and love them, eying some of the new colors ....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to outsidechic

a circle punch is about the one and only punch I DO use!!!!!!!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

lol i have a 1" circle punch, but i guess its a size thing in that i want all the sizes from like 1/2" to about 7" ... with 1/8 spacing in between. and the ability to use scraps for said circles ... not to much to ask right???

i'm looking at getting the MS circle cutter remember

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Scrappy Smile

• Scrappy Smile Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

Yeah, it's really funny to see what people think of the different products, someone hates something others love and vice versa! LOL!

Totally agree on the Fiskars shapeboss! Maybe I've used it more if the embossing was larger/deeper, if you know what I mean... (Not the best to explain, lol!)

My most unfortunate purchase was Xyron personal cutter, although the shapes was sweet and available in 3 sizes - it rarely cut the shape all the way through. The paper always got stuck to the knife and screwed up... Unfortunately...

I know exactly what you mean. The embossing was just too light. I could hardly see it.

I do use the embossing tool a LOT, though. I use it for scoring, and it's great to outline anything that I've run through my Xyron X. It keeps the adhesive from getting all gummy and sticky.

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to Luvmyfam

Hmmmm, I do have a lot of older paper I bought when I first started. To be fair, a lot of my supplies have been unused for a while because I was working FT and in school. I should give them all a chance and answer the question again in a couple months...lol!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Bev1

Ok I'll trade my Craftrobo for everyones distressing inks and stickles

I still hate it

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

what do you hate about it, Jane???

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bbarthej

• bbarthej Said:
I have a couple...

This is a hoot! I think we should get together - the exact things you don't use are among my very favorites, and I'm the misfit who hates the ATG gun! This really brings home that we all have our own styles, and definitely our own preferences! Thank God there's no right-or-wrong in scrapping.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Ok I'll trade my Craftrobo for everyones distressing inks and stickles

I still hate it

Why do you hate it? I love mine and use it as much as my Expression or more.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to leslief

Stamp sets...wish I could have my money back.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Sunnydi

I purchased a Martha Stewart punch that shaped kind of like a wagon wheel. It intrigued me at the time, but now I'm wondering what I will ever do with it. Fortunately, it was in a certain discount store and very cheap, so I'm not out much.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to KatieJo

bind it all , big bite (ok it was a gift but still dont use it much beside for a holl punch) WISHBLADE (it is the worst thing on the earth you can not get it to work half the time and the program sucks)

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
  • bbarthej Said:
I have a couple...

This is a hoot! I think we should get together - the exact things you don't use are among my very favorites, and I'm the misfit who hates the ATG gun! This really brings home that we all have our own styles, and definitely our own preferences! Thank God there's no right-or-wrong in scrapping.

DWelch - if you want... send me your address and I will gladly mail you my stickles and brads. Seriously! I don't use them at all.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Stephanie D

MIne just happened this year, I bought the Pro-glide at an expo. Took it to a weekend crop put in a refill and the thing just froze up on me after just a few uses. Threw away the almost new cartridge thinking it was defective, put in the back up, it froze up as well.

My girlfriend who was there and bought it at the same time had the same problem with both refills as well.

Maybe we got a bad batch but at $14.00 a pop for refills I am not overly anxious to invest again. Not to mention I had to go out and buy more adhesive while at my crop.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Erin in Okc

• Erin in Okc Said:

Anybody remember the Blade Runner? I bought one WAY back when, but I didn't realize I needed a glass mat. Yeah, that probably would have worked better.

I had one of those and I HATED it...I even bought the glass mat and still couldn't get it to work right. I spent a few years hand-cutting all my titles out with stencils...I was so excited when the Quickutz and Cricut came out!

And for those of you with fastenator woes, I still use mine on a few layouts but I don't actually staple through my papers. I just press the stapler down to get a flat staple and then glue dot it to my page...works great and no frustration!

Cricut markers...when they first came out I bought 2 sets and I still haven't used them years later! I guess I just don't know what to do with them and so they just go sitting unused. I actually thought about pulling them out yesterday and when I went to get them, they weren't there. I must have moved 'em...to where, who knows?!
Products Referenced in This Post:

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to godschild94

Oh and the Glue Glider Pro is awful! We have to use it at work to put together samples and it never works right! Yuck!

yayosan
New Kid On the Block
yayosan
In response to godschild94

I have several things that I regret buying and I regret that I still have them. What has anyone done with their regrets, other than keep them in a drawer or in a box tucked away in the corner?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to yayosan

will gladly take all unused stickles, glimmer mists, distress inks, punches, and brads off anyone's hands ...

I do not use my stamps nearly as much as I should ... I mostly use them for cards, not LOs, and I'm not so much of a card maker.

also ... my gypsy

I bought it at full price when it first came out and have never ever cut anything with it. I did finally update the thing (and got the free carts online), and have resolved to actually learn how to use it in 2011

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
will gladly take all unused stickles, glimmer mists, distress inks, punches, and brads off anyone's hands ...

I do not use my stamps nearly as much as I should ... I mostly use them for cards, not LOs, and I'm not so much of a card maker.

also ... my gypsy

I bought it at full price when it first came out and have never ever cut anything with it. I did finally update the thing (and got the free carts online), and have resolved to actually learn how to use it in 2011

Your gypsy?!! youtube is your friend

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics