Username Post: Scrap techniques/etc. that you DON'T like using on your pages?        (Topic#1550117)
Resident

What are some scrapbooking techniques that you DON'T use on your pages? Doesn't necessarily need to be a technique, it can be anything.

Just thought this might be fun to see what others *don't* enjoy using This isn't meant to put any technique down...it's just for fun!

For me, I don't enjoy...

- Using quotes or poems. I think they're cheesy.

- Vellum. I think it's kind of dated. It seems like vellum was the thing to use like 5-7 years ago, lol.

- Stamping. But that's because I am not a good stamper and I don't need another *thing* to get addicted to!

-Flat stickers. Then again, I don't really use stickers much. I like making my own embellishments.

-Lots of journaling. I just don't like doing it. I'm a very basic journal-er. I do the date, place, names of people. THat's it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to yellow5

Oh no! Not this topic again!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to angie girl

I don't like stickers and I hate lots of journaling.

on the other had love stamping.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

stitching,,,I really REALLY hate stitching,,,

never bought a flat sticker in my scrapbooking career, and I don't use dimensional stickers much either,,,

brads and eyelets,,,,,no thankyou.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to CommaHolly

Wrong thread. Oops.

Edited by 950nancy on 01-04-11 09:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to yellow5

It is not that I don't like this- I think it looks beautiful. I am a person who lOVES to do little detail work. I love hand cutting paper piecing & intricate stuff. I love gluing tiny pieces of paper and cutting out stamped images etc. I did a 32 piece paper piecing. For some reason, I really did not like quilling when I did it. I do not know why. I think it is so pretty though.

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to anda11

buttons....I love how they look on other people's pages but I can never get them to look right on my own--weird huh?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to RhondaR

Stickled Pickles!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to StarsNSparkles

HAHAHAHHAAAA!!! What??? No Stickled Pickles for you?? Come on now, you know they are SO CUTE!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Manda_K

It's not really the techniques that I don't like. It's more that I don't like the fact I can't master a technique. I'm a perfectionist and some things just don't click with me no matter how much I practice. It frustrates me to no end. But for the most part I am not a hater. I'll give anything a try. ;^)

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to yellow5

• yellow5 Said:
What are some scrapbooking techniques that you DON'T use on your pages? Doesn't necessarily need to be a technique, it can be anything.

Just thought this might be fun to see what others *don't* enjoy using This isn't meant to put any technique down...it's just for fun!

For me, I don't enjoy...

- Using quotes or poems. I think they're cheesy.

- Vellum. I think it's kind of dated. It seems like vellum was the thing to use like 5-7 years ago, lol.

- Stamping. But that's because I am not a good stamper and I don't need another *thing* to get addicted to!

-Flat stickers. Then again, I don't really use stickers much. I like making my own embellishments.

-Lots of journaling. I just don't like doing it. I'm a very basic journal-er. I do the date, place, names of people. THat's it.

I love vellum! I still use it all the time I also like stamping and lots of journaling

Things I don't like... acrylic paints- I bought these when Making Memories started marketing them years ago and it was such a mess having to wait for it to dry and clean brushes all the time. I eventually got rid of them.

I think I like everything else!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Stickled Pickles!!!

I LOVE stickled pickles!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
HAHAHAHHAAAA!!! What??? No Stickled Pickles for you?? Come on now, you know they are SO CUTE!

Well...they are cute...but really...how many pictures can you find that work well with a stickled pickle?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I gave my chalks away and

have decided I don't like to stamp unless it's a word or short phrase.

Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003
In response to Sunnydi

What's the point of this thread?

Why not techniques you love? or techniques you want to try.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Oh no! Not this topic again!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Which SB trend do you hate?
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15404...

SBing trends you don’t like
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14523...

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Sparky003

• Sparky003 Said:

I LOVE embossing, stickles, stamping, colorblocking, stitching, chalking, etc, etc, etc....... Way too many likes to list! LOL!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Sparky003

• Sparky003 Said:

There have been multiple threads like this and multiple threads of what you love or want to try.

If you'd rather have one for techniques you love, feel free to create one. I'm sure someone will say they love the stickled pickle technique.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I def think there's tremendous difference between 'hating' a technique, and not being comfortable or adept at it yourself. I love stitching on a LO, but can't get it to work for ME...same with buttons, bling, flowers etc...but I AM LEARNING...and thanks to my supportive friends at SB.com, it's been easier to try something new and get positive feedback, tips, advice from the ones that CAN make it work. Either way, if my family and I love what I make, that's what counts to me.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to ScrappyMama6

I don't hate anything.

Now what I'm no good at... is stamping.

I seem to have a mental block or some personal handicap.

I am ever envious of all the marvelous stampers out there.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to raindancer

I personally do not like quilling. Don't like the look of it and don't like how difficult it is (for me). I also don't like acrylic paint either...I could never figure out how to make that look good. Other than that, I'm up for anything!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Scrapsaholic

Oh and about this topic being brought up in multiple threads...give her a break. I'm sure she didn't realize it since she's rather new. I've seen that a lot over the years I've been on here, it's no big deal!!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

the same threads are always repeated; just the nature of a message board... I mean I love scrapbooking as much as the next girl but how many diff things can we possibly talk about?

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to KellyLeigh

How dare some of us who haven't been here since the dawning of the dinosaurs talk about something that has been talked about before.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Penny Lane

There is no technique I don't "like"...but there are things I suck at and so I avoid them because I don't want my pages to suck TOO badly. LOL

Stamping (other than simple words)

Heat embossing (I cannot get it right...I LOVE the look, but I am bad at it)

Wet distress - Never tried it, but I am SURE I'd be bad at it!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to ScrappyMama6

I def think there's tremendous difference between 'hating' a technique, and not being comfortable or adept at it yourself. I love stitching on a LO, but can't get it to work for ME...same with buttons, bling, flowers etc...but I AM LEARNING...and thanks to my supportive friends at SB.com, it's been easier to try something new and get positive feedback, tips, advice from the ones that CAN make it work. Either way, if my family and I love what I make, that's what counts to me.

Ditto that . . . although I'm not a fan of flat stickers. It's on my early work from years ago and it pains me to look at it. I love looking at what other people can do, especially stamping techniques. Can't seem to master even basic wording when it comes to stamping.
I love love love stitching. Hand stitching and sewing machine stitches. I also use my cricut on nearly every LO as well.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Vivian Lake

not a huge fan of paper piecing or flat stickers

but I've seen plenty of LOs with both that look great

charleyhz2boys
Diva
charleyhz2boys
In response to madmatter

quilling....shudder....

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to charleyhz2boys

I still don't get Glimmer PISS.

I spray it and spritz it but it just discolors and warps my paper. It looks so uneven and messy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

• charleyhz2boys Said:
quilling....shudder....

OMG I LOVE quilling! I love doing it and I love the way it looks. I find it very calming LOL!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 01-05-11 06:15 PM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

For the millionth time (yes, I'm a dinosaur), I don't care for lumpy anything. The lumpiest I've gotten is a flower, brad, bow now and then.

Resident
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

How rude! Message boards naturally repeat topics over time. Why did you click on the tread if my repetition annoys you (and the others who posted that this has been posted before).

I see lots of topics on this board that I've read before. I ignore them. I don't go out of my way to how much I'm annoyed that I've seen this topic on the board before. It's the general nature of message boards.

Sheesh. Thanks for steering this OT.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to yellow5

Yo Yellow...please don't go anywhere. Seriously, brush it off and don't let it get to you. Sometimes people for some reason or another enjoy making others feel like shit. Letting them know it gets to you makes them even happier.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

I have been around these boards almost 4 years and I'm 100% positive I've started the same thread more than once, not to mention a topic someone else previously started. And I'll bet money I do it again, maybe even tonight! LOL!

Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003

I fail to see what part of Linda's post is rude. She was merely (kindly) posting links to previous threads...I imagine you wanted an answer to your post...there are some answers.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

I have such a crappy memory I could make the same topic a few times a day...LOL!!!!!!

Speaking of the topic...almost every thing I claim I hate or dislike or won't use I end up doing it...so...never say never! I used to say I HATED tear-bears...but I just bought some tear-puppies for a page about my daughter!

Edited by Penny Lane on 01-05-11 06:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to Sparky003

I'm just saying that why bother opening the thread --and posting in it--if the repetition is annoying? It's not just her, it's other people in this thread too, but I can't multiple quote people (don't know how).

If people pointed out the repetition on each thread and posted links to other threads of the same subject, what would there be to talk about? I see other topic threads on the first page of this message board that were discussed before, yet no one chooses to humiliate the OP by posting links to other threads with the same topic, rude "smile-ies" and general rude comments "Oh no! Not this topic again!"

Yes, it *is* rude.

Edited by yellow5 on 01-05-11 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Sparky003

• Sparky003 Said:
I fail to see what part of Linda's post is rude. She was merely (kindly) posting links to previous threads...I imagine you wanted an answer to your post...there are some answers.

I personally was not talking about Linda's post. I was talking about your post, and angie's as well. Whether you meant to be rude or not, that is how it was taken by me and I made it known...not to be mean, but to (kindly) make you aware of it.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
I still don't get Glimmer PISS.

I spray it and spritz it but it just discolors and warps my paper. It looks so uneven and messy.

OMG! I'm truly laughing my butt off at this! I have tons of glimmer mist and can't get the hang of it either. Never heard it called that before, but it makes sense! LOL!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to yellow5

• yellow5 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

How rude! Message boards naturally repeat topics over time. Why did you click on the tread if my repetition annoys you (and the others who posted that this has been posted before).

I see lots of topics on this board that I've read before. I ignore them. I don't go out of my way to how much I'm annoyed that I've seen this topic on the board before. It's the general nature of message boards.

I have known Linda for several years and I know she was just directing you to the previous thread for your information only. I very am sure it wasn't meant to be rude.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to amandahugandkiss

I don't think Steph or Angie were trying to be rude either. I think the new moon is just affecting people and we are all getting defensive over nothing.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• amandahugandkiss Said:
  • yellow5 Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

I have known Linda for several years and I know she was just directing you to the previous thread for your information only. I very am sure it wasn't meant to be rude.

That's how I took it. I think it makes for great additional reading.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

I apologize if I am coming off rude myself. I just noticed something that bothered me and spoke out. Maybe I ought to keep it to myself. I'm a little on edge right now so I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Luvmyfam

Some of the posts came off as unfriendly...I had the same thing happen to me when I was new.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

Mandy- I have noticed that when I am "off" (upset about something, tired, hormonal) I tend to see a negative tone to peoples comments, posts, emails, ect. When I am in a happy, good mood, little stuff like that doesn't faze me. It is something I definently have to consciously (sp?) think about. Is this person trying to hurt my feelings? Is this person being rude or mean? Or am I being oversensitive? Is this pushing a particular "button" of mine?

This may just be my thing though.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

• amandahugandkiss Said:
Mandy- I have noticed that when I am "off" (upset about something, tired, hormonal) I tend to see a negative tone to peoples comments, posts, emails, ect. When I am in a happy, good mood, little stuff like that doesn't faze me. It is something I definently have to consciously (sp?) think about. Is this person trying to hurt my feelings? Is this person being rude or mean? Or am I being oversensitive? Is this pushing a particular "button" of mine?

This may just be my thing though.

In the world of debate, well online debate anyway, we call it the principle of charity. To assume the best possible meaning from what people say. The flip side of this is to say things in the least offensive way as possible. I spent 4 years online debating though...so...this is a very different world!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

Yes Penny, thats exactly what I was trying to say- but you said it way better!!!

I think sometimes we rush and try to type our responses quickly, and we don't always edit for clarity and charity.

My work (when I go back to work, that is) is with Federal Judges. So, I spend a lot of time crafting and honing my emails and written communiques. I have lost some of that skill as I have been home for 6 months, but I try.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Anyhoo......a technique that I don't like to use on my pages is stitching. I've ruined some good layouts trying to add stitching. I bought the new Sew-Ez, or whatever it's called. So far I've only used it on cards.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-11 08:20 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

Trainwreck in general scrapbooking area....
getting my popcorn and wine

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to yellow5

• yellow5 Said:
I'm just saying that why bother opening the thread --and posting in it--if the repetition is annoying? It's not just her, it's other people in this thread too, but I can't multiple quote people (don't know how).

If people pointed out the repetition on each thread and posted links to other threads of the same subject, what would there be to talk about? I see other topic threads on the first page of this message board that were discussed before, yet no one chooses to humiliate the OP by posting links to other threads with the same topic, rude "smile-ies" and general rude comments "Oh no! Not this topic again!"

Yes, it *is* rude.

Yellow, when Angie posted that "Oh no." post.. it directly referred to one of those old posts that Linda linked to.

Because.. in the past when the subject got brought up there was some serious dogging of techniques.. how passe this and that was.

And I think that most people have phrased their opinions nicely.. as in.. this is a technique that doesn't work for ME.. or that I personally HATE to do. But not.. I HATE this technique doesn't it look dumb on a LO. (Which I don't think I've seen on this thread..)

But I remember in the past that a few folks working on LO's were suddenly like.. I don't know how to finish my LO. I thought THIS would look nice.. but it seems like there's a bunch of people laughing about how dumb it looks... etc etc.

Angie was one of them.

So.. her comment wasn't directed toward YOU. But the topic. Cause a few of the threads degenerated into not so nice before.

And Linda posted the links, so you could see what she was talking about.

Not to offend. Not to be rude.

And it's not really your fault, you're a bit on the newer side and haven't seen these conversations come and go to know about it.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• raindancer Said:
  • yellow5 Said:

Yes, it *is* rude.

Yellow, when Angie posted that "Oh no." post.. it directly referred to one of those old posts that Linda linked to.

Because.. in the past when the subject got brought up there was some serious dogging of techniques.. how passe this and that was.

And I think that most people have phrased their opinions nicely.. as in.. this is a technique that doesn't work for ME.. or that I personally HATE to do. But not.. I HATE this technique doesn't it look dumb on a LO. (Which I don't think I've seen on this thread..)

But I remember in the past that a few folks working on LO's were suddenly like.. I don't know how to finish my LO. I thought THIS would look nice.. but it seems like there's a bunch of people laughing about how dumb it looks... etc etc.

Angie was one of them.

So.. her comment wasn't directed toward YOU. But the topic. Cause a few of the threads degenerated into not so nice before.

And it's not really your fault, you're a bit on the newer side and haven't seen these conversations come and go to know about it.

pretty much what she said ...

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to madmatter

okay, back to the original topic

I am not good at anything other than clean and simple layouts (not even sure if I'm good at those, lol). I've tried and even my complicated ones look simple. I guess that's just me. But, that's okay, I like them.

Also, I cannot write in a straight line to save my life, so I have to have lined jounalling paper.

My photos are always a little crooked on the mats and forget trying to line up a title cut from my Cricut.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
  • raindancer Said:
  • yellow5 Said:

Yes, it *is* rude.

Angie was one of them.

pretty much what she said ...

this.

Tone of voice is very VERY difficult to determine online in many posts.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:

I am not good at anything other than clean and simple layouts (not even sure if I'm good at those, lol). I've tried and even my complicated ones look simple. I guess that's just me. But, that's okay, I like them.

Also, I cannot write in a straight line to save my life, so I have to have lined jounalling paper.

My photos are always a little crooked on the mats and forget trying to line up a title cut from my Cricut.

You are my twin!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

There are definitely topics that get posted over & over & over again. Example "What should I bring to a crop?"
I look at "adding the past threads on the same subject to the thread" as a courtesy. The poster may be wondering why no one has responded.

Also the board is a little sensitive to "negative" questions. It's all in the way the question is worded. Example: Instead of bashing the bad we can praise the good.

Ok back to Glimmer PISS. And please explain to me why I thought buying a second bottle of the stuff would somehow improve my ability to use it? Now I have two bottle of the stuff and everything I have attempted spray, even after watching the videos, looks like the results you get when a nozzle clogs on a spray can.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

I have the same trouble Gelidy. I watched a tutorial on GM.. and they would spray the heck out of it, then pat it down with a paper towel to absorb the excess.

But it's soo light, it's like taking off most of the color that way.

I've been playing with spraying it in layers. Spray. Pat. Then use my cutting mat to flatten it while it dries.. repeat.

It helped a little. But it's a PITA and time consuming.

I REALLY like the smooch spritzes.. the color is so vibrant and you don't need more than a few squirts and it just doesn't seem to be as watery so there's less warping.

If you find a way to make GM work better.. please let me know. I'm a novice. But I'm armed and ready to play.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I always think of the splotchiness as part of the charm of glimmer mist

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to madmatter

Okay, why dogging on the GM?!

And why are some so SURE that they would suck at a technique?! The only way to learn is to try!

Most know I loves my Glimmer Mist....I will have to tell my bottles to not be offended cause they are NOT piss! *calm down bottles, it is okay, shhhhh, I still love you*

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Manda_K

LOL! Not dogging the GM. I only wish I was cool enough to use it properly.

I like the splotchy look mad.. I just don't like the rippled effect on the pp when it dries.. it's hard to find that happy medium.

Could be that I've experimented with the wrong colors too. I just got a dark blue in the mail and I can't wait to try it out.. maybe the darker colors will be different than the lighter..or something.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

i dont have one i dont like. I use everything I can, however there are things i am not great with, Paper peacing is my worst one. Everytime i try one it turns looking like some scare funky thing. But I still keep trying to work with it.

The people who do not like look of quilling, Have you checked out my gallery. I have noticed a lot of the stuff you see on line as far as quill work goes suck. It can be breath taking if someone put the work in to it.

With every one living such a fast life style now days they skill of the art is being lost in fast overly simple projects. I have a lot of ideal books and only ideal books, because i know i can do better and try and take the project to the next level

ooh FYI the flower below is a take off of a quilling technique .
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Adarasmommy on 01-06-11 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

The colors like Marshmallow, Silver Bells, Sugar Cookie, Dazzling Diamonds, Antique Brass are all very light. Over spraying will cause the paper to wrinkle a bit. Darker colors don't need so much.

Smooch Spritz isn't water based, so it dries really fast and doesn't cause the warping.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Manda_K

Hmm, thanks for the info on the smooch spritz! I had no idea. I love my GMs! I've learned to love the splotches and the warpiness. I call it "texture."

I love the look of butterflies and bling and flowers but I rarely have opportunities to use them. My favorite subject is my little boy, who is a clown. When I do have a frilly LO, I constantly have to check in with the frilly expert galleries to keep mine from looking ridiculous!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to runzalot81

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

And why are some so SURE that they would suck at a technique?! The only way to learn is to try!

Most know I loves my Glimmer Mist....I will have to tell my bottles to not be offended cause they are NOT piss! *calm down bottles, it is okay, shhhhh, I still love you*

I'm with you Manda...it makes me sooo sad that people don't love the glimmer mist! I have a spot for any unloved bottles...I will make them a proper home and let them know how appreciated they are!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• StarsNSparkles Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

I'm with you Manda...it makes me sooo sad that people don't love the glimmer mist! I have a spot for any unloved bottles...I will make them a proper home and let them know how appreciated they are!

Yeah, I have tried that before, I have yet to receive any unloved bottles in that mail.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Manda_K

Yes, I know...seems funny we have all these haters that keep their unloved bottles...lol...must not be as unloved as they claim!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • lisymarie Said:

You are my twin!

I knew I was part of a triplet set somewhere

I keep trying to incorporate new things and continuously produce clean, simple and crooked LO's.

I agree with the never say never...
1. Ten years ago I said I don't like stickers. Then 9 years ago I started a sticker obsession, now I'm back to not using stickers (flat) but can't quite part with my collection just in case.
2. Five years ago I said I didn't like the 3D embellishments, guess who stocked up on those about 4 years ago?
3. I didn't like paper tearing or layering or embossing or distressing or stitching or matting or etc. but then I tried or think about trying.

I think it comes down to comfort level as well or sometimes my thought was "that's too difficult or time consuming" or maybe I just didn't see enough examples to really appreciate what that technique can do.

I love being part of Scrap Evolution.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Yes, I know...seems funny we have all these haters that keep their unloved bottles...lol...must not be as unloved as they claim!

I used to really not like GM but then I realized I was spraying way too close. I don't want to give them up because I plan to try it again and see if my opinion changes. And they look pretty sitting on my shelf! LOL!

charleyhz2boys
Diva
charleyhz2boys

Lol...can I tell you how guilty I am of keeping things I don't use because they look really pretty or cool sitting on my scrap shelves?....

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

It's pathetic, isn't it? LMAO!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps

The technique that I "do not like" to use on my los is tearing. I have ripping rulers that just collect dust. I have used one a couple times. One layout was in the apple orchard and I used it to make the ground. Other than that I just can't get myself to embrace the torn edge. It might be the white core cs or it could be I am anal about straight lines. I however keep these rulers out in plain sight hoping for the lo that will make me love them.....Wish me Luck....

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to SarahWscraps

I think the reason I like torn paper so much is because it hides the fact I can't get straight lines!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

Stitching on a layout...it's beautiful. And maybe if I knew how to even turn on a sewing machine I'd give it a try! I have tried with the mini sewing machines that are made for just that and I'll say...what I mess I had! LOL!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

I'm afraid of glimmer mist...too many mixed reviews LOL...

charleyhz2boys
Diva
charleyhz2boys

I use tearing ALOT!! Also I bought one of those little sewing machines and used it a couple of times and was VERY disappointed...it did not work very well so I gave it away....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics