Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: VCW Week #201 - What are your New Year Scrappy Resolutions?        (Topic#1550339)
TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to TripletMother

Well, Good Morning, since I took so long to type this post and forgot it was Friday, lol, I am re-posting it to this thread!

Morning Ladies, thanks to Misty & Jenni for the well wishes on my fall, Unfortunately, my back is killing me still, so bad I can barely walk and I am supposed to have PT today. i saw the doc yesterday and he is going to give me another shot but this time in my S Joint, he is hoping it will help with the leg problem and told me to tell the PT guy that if he can't take it easy with me and listen when I say it hurts to do something then I just won't go anymore. So we will see.

Jane- Happy to hear about your good news with the Mortgage.

Misty- Thanks for the tip on Evil Bay, I have been looking because I had other ladies telling me they are getting them on there for $10- $15, I think they may be exagerating because I have been biding around those prices for 2 days now and loosing all the auctions, so I may just have to do maybe 2 carts at a time instead of trying to get 4, lol. there are so many I want and like right now, lol. Also, sweetie, vent away that is what we are all here for to listen and be there for each other.

Melanie- I for one do scrap my kids birthday's but not really anyone else unless something really special happened like 1 year my sister came from Ohio for my Mom's birthday, I will scrap that, but I agree with everyone else, there is no wrong in scrapping, its your style. As far as other holidays, I do scrap Halloween because I have photos of my kids and now dgd in costumes and I want to scrap them and I do Christmas in seperate Christmas Albums, doing multiple years that will fit into each album, although I am way behind on that but again I think it is a personal choice, whatever you want to do is the way to scrap I say!

Jenni- I to am going to my first crop soon, I have joined a "scrapping soriety" that has monthly crops near me and alternate monthly dinners, it's $12 yearly dues for the crops which I thought was good, also thought Steph was going to do it with me but she says she can't afford scrappy goody stuff til she finds another job, so I am a bit intimidated about going to my first one not knowing anyone, just having chatted with one lady, but I need something to get me out of the house so I am going to push myself to do it. Kind of excited and scared, don't know why, I guess I am not good with people I don't know.

Liz- prayers still going out to your grandma, hope the surgery goes well!

Now for some Cricut questions/Info, hope you ladies don't mind me asking:
The carts I have do have some things but not a whole lot of usable stuff, I have used the pooh on a cpl of pages and I use the Plantin Schoolbook alot mainly because it is the only font one I have at this time and I can't afford MTC/SCAL at this time and I think I want to save for the gypsy first anyway. Not quite sure which is more important right now, since I don't know alot about either. What do you ladies think?

I saw the Cricut DesignStudio Software on the Cricut site yesterday, does anyone know about that, is that the same as MTC and Scal? It looks that way except I think you can only use it with your carts you have so I am not sure if that means it's like the gypsy but don't understand why you would need both, the only difference I can see is that maybe it's not portable unless you have a laptop, (which i don't right now, will be getting a netpad soon, got that free from Marlboro) like the gypsy, but don't you have to have a laptop to take your gypsy with you or am I misunderstanding all of this? Sorry to be asking so many questions but with my budget I can't afford to be buying all this stuff people(not you guys) are telling me are so great if I really don't need it.
Would you ladies be willing to tell me what are your fav carts for me to start out with? I have had alot of people tell me Storybook for fonts and basic images and Paper Doll Dress-Up, but they don't say whether the Everyday Paper Doll has better images or the Regular, I have looked them up, but of course they don't show all the images you can make I don't think,. My style is usually vintagey and I do alot of kids pages as you know and Heritage and Beachy seems to be the most I am working on now or and sports for the kids. The albums I am currently still trying to finish are my sisters which I have ALOT to do on and my nephew's which all his pages are 15 years old back to birth if that helps you.

I really appreciate the help and so sorry for the long read!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Scrap Chica

Laura - I don't have a lot of carts, but I do have paper doll dress up. It's mostly holiday themed outfits. They have wedding dolls, halloween dolls, Thanksgiving dolls (pilgrim and indians). I'm not sure if they have Christmas ones, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and give you more details. All the dolls have corresponding items (a veil, bouquet, shoes, and an archway for the bride; a crooked fence, cat, pumpkin etc for the Halloween ones) It seems to be mostly holiday stuff though. That ones gotten the most use when I babysitted my niece, she liked to make the dolls and dress them up.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DesiLee

Hi ladies! Sorry I wasn't able to get on yesterday. I am swamped at work trying to wrap up 2010 stuff and set up 2011. It's crazy!

I did spend last night downloading pictures and burning them to cds since I haven't done it in a while. Plus I put all my Ole pictures on one disc. I have to take some of his puppy pictures to my moms so I can scan them and burn them on a disc. I don't have a scanner yet.

I am definitely getting the scrappy bug back! I'm excited to start my Ole scrapbook. Hopefully this weekend. It just need to get pics printed.

Hope all your days are going well. I better get back to work. It's timesheet day so that is taking me forever...as usual.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Scrapnut16

hi

Laura- the people i crop with were total strangers at first too. i was nervous but figured if i didnt want to talk i could use my scrapping as an excuse. it will be fun. i have yet to meet scrappers that aren't good people.

speaking of which, i just remembered i have a crop tomorrow. i should start packing.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-07-11 11:24 AM
In response to Lamoo12

That's about all I have to say about today. It stinks a big one.

Laura, you can go to cricut.com and look at the handbooks for all of the cartridges. It is a PDF file of the same handbook that comes with them. You can see every image that comes on each cartridge that way.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Lamoo12

Laura ~ I suggest going to cricut.com and their library to look at all the cartridges. You will find a lot of unexpected things on a lot of them. PDDU is my favorite. I like the dolls but there are dinosaurs and caves, pirate ships, castles, shields, all kinds of other things on there to that don't have to be used with the dolls. Everyday paper dolls has doctor stuff, nurse, football, basketball, I think there's a baby on that one. I have both, love both. Like I said go to cricut.com and look at the handbooks will give everything on the cartridges.

As for E-bay, I think the time of year is making the price higher. People just got the Cricut for Christmas and so the prices for cartridges go up. Keep checking I know a lot of people got them for less. Also just some rumors I've heard. Certain Michaels have carts for $9.99 and Certain Walmarts have the Black Friday Cartridges on clearance for $7. It's not all of them but check and see if maybe yours does.

I have Design Studio and it's a lot like the Gypsy except the gypsy is portable. Design Studio you have to hook up to your computer to cut. You do have to have the cartridges to cut but there are tons and I mean tons of free files out there that people have made. I suggest downloading the trial version and trying it out. You will be able to play with all the carts but you can only cut with George if you have the baby bug or the Create or Accents Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook with the Expression. A lot of people make their files out of just Plantin Schoolbook.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Like I said go to cricut.com and look at the handbooks will give everything on the cartridges.

Thanks for that Liz, I didn't know you could find the handbooks there! Now I'll have to go look at them so I can figure out which carts to save for!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

Here's the link because honestly it took me forever to figure out how to get there.

http://www.cricut.com/information/cartridge _library.asp...

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to foltzy

Thanks! I'm definitely going to check that out when I get home.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to DesiLee

not to change the subject, but if you want some privacy on the internet try this site a friend just sent me: www.spokeo.com

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to foltzy

I've bought a lot of my carts off e-bay. It can take awhile to get the right price, but it's actually kind of fun to try to win one. I usually don't go over $20 for any. There are also some web sites I've ordered from. Create a Critter is cute for kids pages. I like the fonts on Lyrical Letters. I like the font on Life is a Beach as well as the shapes.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
  • foltzy Said:
Like I said go to cricut.com and look at the handbooks will give everything on the cartridges.

Thanks for that Liz, I didn't know you could find the handbooks there! Now I'll have to go look at them so I can figure out which carts to save for!

I didn't know that either.....thanks for sharing!!!
Laura-it may just be me or the carts I want but I've never gotten them for 10 or 15 bucks. The LOWEST I've paid was 20.00. And I've been buying them online for about 2 years now. But I'm not saying it can't be done!! Good luck!
I have the DS and I haven't played with it much. Much to do with the fact that I can't seem to get it to print out the way I like it. (size, welding together)I love the Storybook cartridge. It's a very pretty font along with alot other stuff on there. Life is a beach is good for your beachy pages. As far as heritage/vintagy well I haven't played with them yet but I just got the Ornamental Iron which has alot of designs like you would see Dusty Attic come out with. I also got Paper Lace that has alot of pretty designs on it. Songbird is another good one for heritage/vintagy especially if you like putting birds on your pages. Some of my favorite carts include: Stretch your Imagination, Graphically Speaking, Lyrical Letters and Opposites Attract. The last two are great font carts as well.
Hope this helps at least get you started in your looking!!!

Liz-I'm praying your grandmothers surgery goes smoothly!

Jenni-that is the class we took last year. I loved it! Dave is great!

Today has not been the best of days. Grace decided to wake up at 6 this morning and not go back to bed. She had about a 45 minute lap about 2 hours ago and has been Ms. Cranky Pants all friggin day. I've had to drink one of those amp energy drinks (which I don't do very often at all) but I had to do something to keep up with these youngins. All I can say is thank God it's Friday. Tomorrow we are suppose to be going to the beach (about an hour away) My hubby has a conference with his job there and my mom and I are going into Michaels and ACMoore. I can't wait. Only thing is, is my hubby says he has to stay until 10 that night so I may end up driving back home to drop mom and kids off and then go back to beach to pick up hubby. That's going to go over smoothly. I tell ya, we can't do anything without complications. Everything we do and plan ALWAYS has a stumbling block in our way. I'm just having one of those days again (seems like I've been having alot of those recently) so I'm going to stop there.

Went to mom's last night to pick over her inventory of scrappy goodness and I've got a page in my head so I think I may go try to work on that. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to mbrune04

Ok all, was on long enough to get the new thread going and have been pretty busy with work the rest of the day. Now time to head home. Will try to catch you all later!

FYI . . . we just finished the Dave Ramsey class with our young adult group at church. It's great and we learned a lot that we plan to put into place very shortly!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
hi

Laura- the people i crop with were total strangers at first too. i was nervous but figured if i didnt want to talk i could use my scrapping as an excuse. it will be fun. i have yet to meet scrappers that aren't good people.

speaking of which, i just remembered i have a crop tomorrow. i should start packing.

Okay, Ms. Seasoned Cropper - what should I pack to take?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Pounding headache. Won't stop.

Fell asleep last night for about 20 minutes while Ethan was laying in bed watching "Toy Story." He had to get up to use the bathroom, which woke me up. Then I couldn't get back to sleep 'til nearly 4 this morning.

Slept 5 1/2 hours with a squirmy kid. So that's like sleeping about 4 hours.

Should go up and play in my scraproom. Yet all I want to do is to go HL and raid their page kits that are 40% off this week.......

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to c-leaper

I slept with a squirmy kid too last night. I know what you mean about no sleep. I resisted the urge to go to HL today. I was right by it when I bought dog food. No more shopping for me until I actually scrap

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to krishunter

I fell asleep at 2. The school called before 5:30 to let me know that there was a 2 hour delay today. Then it called my cell phone and Brian's cell phone. About to fall asleep and Brian got a text. About to fall asleep and Geoff woke up. About to fall asleep because I got him laying down again and Brian's alarm went off. He turned it off, got Geoff laying down again and wouldn't you know Micayla comes into the room. At this point I gave up and accepted that I would need a nap while they were in school. I took about 30-45 minutes on a nap. Oh well. Bed early tonight.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • Lamoo12 Said:
hi

Okay, Ms. Seasoned Cropper - what should I pack to take?

what people recommended to me is to preplan LOs and take them. dont forget your trimmer and a pencil. its easy to take those for granted when you are in your scrap space.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• krishunter Said:
I slept with a squirmy kid too last night. I know what you mean about no sleep. I resisted the urge to go to HL today. I was right by it when I bought dog food. No more shopping for me until I actually scrap

I caved. Hubby took a nap. Ethan had left a toy here that I knew he'd want. So I took the toy to Kim's, then went on to HL. I did pretty well...considering that at first I started by picking up 10-11 kits. Then I sat down and actually thought about the pictures I have and which ones I could use NOW. I ended up getting only 5, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to c-leaper

Wow Jenni! I'm proud of you too! DOn't know that I would pass that test though. We shall see tomorrow since I'm going to ACMoore and Michaels. But then again, I'll have two children with me so doubt I'll stay in either very long. To bad I can't find a babysitter.

Kids drove me NUTS today!!!! I could have hung them by their toes today! That little diva of mine was stuck to me like glue today and cried all day long. If she wasn't crying she was whining! And Christian wanted to be his old argumentive self. But on a good note, I put in Toy Story 3 and they sat in the living room and watched it while I snuck into my scraproom and actually finished another page!! GO ME!!
Then after dinner Christian came to me and said "Mom I'm tired and my tummy hurts so I'm going to bed" WHAT?!?!? Did my ears decieve me?? HE HAS NEVER SAID THAT BEFORE!!! LOL Sure enough, up the stairs he went to bed!! WOOT WOOT!!! Granted, both kids are in my bed watching Toy Story but they are not under my feet!
Now ladies, please just pray that nobody sees me spanking my kids tomorrow and calls DSS on me! LOL Because I know they are going to end up with spankings. Happens everytime we get into a scrappy store.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to mbrune04

Busy day at work. Got home and shoveled a bit - my neighbour did most of it though (what a sweetie).

I headed to Starbucks for a date with my girlfriend. Haven't seen her in ages - she had my CM order hostage and I had her SU order hostage. We had coffee, gabbed, got caught up, exchanged goods and generally had a nice visit.

I have a lot of stuff to do around the house but I am too tired. I'll just veg tonight then get up, do laundry, tidy up, clean bathrooms and get ready for a dinner party.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to corrie fan

I posted my 2 page layout. It was a no-brainer but still took me time. It was a kit including instructions

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04

I just finished 2 layouts. I may be posting them tomorrow along with the 3rd that I got done the other day. Depends on what time I get home tomorrow from my shopping spree. And now that's its 1:06 in the morning, I'm going to bed. Just wanted to change the number of layouts in my signature. LOL

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to mbrune04

Morning ladies! I never got my pictures developed yesterday. We were helping my brother-in-law and his family move into a temporary home. (Their house burned down in December.) Not sure if I'm going to scrap today or not. I'm not feeling very well. Hope you all are doing okay.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Morning - close to afternoon - all!

I have mojo but nobody wants to let me sit at my desk and scrap.

Kids are playing happily, hubby is cleaning/organizing the garage - only so he can get to his snowblower - and I am doing laundry and general pickup! It NEVER ends! But everytime I sit down to scrap, somebody needs help with something which in turn starts me cleaning up another area!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I did however clean up the scrappy area last night. I even colored a couple of digital stamps with my copics!

I miss my gypsy! WAAAAAA! She got shipped back to provocraft this week! She wouldn't synchronize to the computer so I couldn't get any of the free carts online for her and I couldn't put any of my new carts on her! They are sending me a new one!!! They will serialize it so that I can reinstall all my carts back onto it!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to mbrune04

OMG! OMG!
I just cut my first flowers with my Vagabond using my homemade paper!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

YEAH ELIZABETH!!!!!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to leebla

Morning!!!!

I just got back from WM with Dani so she could spend some of her Christmas money. I want to scrap today, but the house is in dire need of cleaning...what to do...I'm on a buying freeze until I scrap again and I want to go to my lss soon. Maybe scrap today and clean tomorrow or scrap all weekend and clean during the week when no one else is home...decisions, decisions

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

OMG! OMG!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

I think my decision has been made...Dani is being a monster Once again I have no me time. DH is off with his friends. I haven't had me time in..I can't remember the last time

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

She's calmed down now and so have I. So we'll see.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

Hi.

i only have a few seconds today. But i wanted to show you the pics of the Stickles holders DH is making.

Custom Stickles Holders (unfinshed) By Lamoo12

i'm going to that crop soon. I'll catch up more tomorrow.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Lamoo12

I like those, Melanie.

Wish I had a scrap room.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

waiting on Glossy Accents to dry! LOL

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

I need to clean up my scrap stuff in the living room. I am having a crop at my house on the 22nd.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
I like those, Melanie.

Wish I had a scrap room.

actually, i want to move my scrap stuff into the family room. a friend of mine re-did hers in the finished basement in a section behind the couch. when her family goes down there to watch tv or play, she scraps. she gets to do her hobby and be with the family. to me, that sounds awesome.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
  • foltzy Said:
I like those, Melanie.

Wish I had a scrap room.

actually, i want to move my scrap stuff into the family room. a friend of mine re-did hers in the finished basement in a section behind the couch. when her family goes down there to watch tv or play, she scraps. she gets to do her hobby and be with the family. to me, that sounds awesome.

That is the whole reason I kind of resist hubby building me a room in our basement. It feels so far away from where everyone else is.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Heck at this point I'd settle for any kind of permanent scrap space. It's getting to be a pain in the butt to pull everything out and then put it all away when I'm done.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

Well Liz, remember, my current one is 3' x 4' and I have a folding table I use on the side when I need some extra space.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

And when my kids were little, and my house was even smaller, I sewed and did other crafts on a very small folding table in the back corner of my living room so I could watch my kids play.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to mbrune04

• mbrune04 Said:
Wow Jenni! I'm proud of you too! DOn't know that I would pass that test though. We shall see tomorrow since I'm going to ACMoore and Michaels. But then again, I'll have two children with me so doubt I'll stay in either very long. To bad I can't find a babysitter.

Yeah...trying to take Ethan with me makes it a pretty pointless trip. I sure wouldn't have been able to just sit in the middle of the aisle and think through things with him along.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Morning ladies! I never got my pictures developed yesterday. We were helping my brother-in-law and his family move into a temporary home. (Their house burned down in December.) Not sure if I'm going to scrap today or not. I'm not feeling very well. Hope you all are doing okay.

AHH! Sorry to hear about the fire, hon. Are they going to rebuild or try to find a new place?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

OMG! OMG!

If that's what's in your profile pic, those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
Hi.

i only have a few seconds today. But i wanted to show you the pics of the Stickles holders DH is making.

i'm going to that crop soon. I'll catch up more tomorrow.

All I need now is someone who knows how to do woodworking who could do this kind of thing for me.... I love these!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Well Liz, remember, my current one is 3' x 4' and I have a folding table I use on the side when I need some extra space.

And I didn't get my space until Kim & Ethan moved out.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

1. Got 9 new pages done over the past few days. Woo-hoo! Now I just need to get organized and ready for next weekend's crop.

2. How much WWII is one wife supposed to stand? Hubby has a DVD set...a Spielburg/Hanks miniseries about the war in the Pacific. And since he's sick and doesn't feel like doing anything...yeah, the war is going on in my living room. In surround sound.

3. Which is about to drive me up to my nest. Oh, wait. That's not such a bad thing.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • leebla Said:

OMG! OMG!

If that's what's in your profile pic, those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

It is. Thank you!
New toys By Leebla

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I am not sure if I can't believe it is 5:30, or can't believe it is only 5:30. On one hand I don't really know where the day went. On the other hand, I have a nagging irritating headache and I would like to go to bed!

So far today, I have packaged up several of the things I've sold, and pulled out the things that are sold, but not yet paid for. I was going to go ahead and box them all up, but in some cases it's hard because I don't know what shipping the people will pick.

I pulled out some more things today and listed those and relisted anything that didn't sell yet. I spent quite a lot of the day in my cubby and cranked out about 8 layouts so far. Now that I've taken care of "business" I think I will get some more tea and head back into the cubby.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Phhhbbbtttt......
I just encouraged my hubby to open a 10 year old bottle of wine to make shrimp scampi for dinner....
as opposed to listening to him gripe about not being able to make it, or ....yes I swear this is true....wondering if using vinegar would work.....

guess I'll have to drink the rest of the bottle

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to leebla

Shopping trip went well minus Grace screaming in all the stores and not eating her lunch. But I got alot of delicious goodies, prima flowers, prima vines, corner punch (butterfly, to match my border punch) a beautiful paper pack called "the mariposa stack" by DCWV, artisan elements by pinkpaislee, felt borders by Queen & CO. plus several different types of embellies! I did good! (I didn't list everything below in the product list b/c this post would have taken up two pages had I done so!)

Today we went to church, went out to lunch then checked out some books at the library. Took Christian back to church for his AWANA and now we are finally home for the evening. They have closed the schools tomorrow in our area because, get this, we have a CHANCE of snow and ice. Just a chance! LOL BUT it is over a fifty percent chance and we are a town that don't get alot of snow so we aren't equipped to deal with it. Plus they are calling for lots of ice and freezing rain and I think that is the main reason they closed the schools. But hey, who's complaining?? I'm not!! I just think it's funny that we are one of those towns that get a dusting of snow and the city shuts down. But yet my fool of a husband still is planning to go to work even though we have a hazardous road condition advisory out.
So I still havent' been able to get pictures of my layouts and with us having the white stuff falling most of the day tomorrow, I'm not sure when I'll be able to post my layouts.
Oh well, I have a tired little girl that is about to hit the bed for the night. I'm going to try to scrap after the kids go to bed.....sorry for the long post. I guess I'm just long winded tonight....or either my fingers won't slow down since I've downed two energy drinks today......oops. Hope everyone has a great night!
Products Referenced in This Post:

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to mbrune04

well Misty, I have friends in atlanta area who are already getting hit, so I'm thinking your odds are pretty good.
Be careful.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to leebla

I won't be leaving my house and I'm going to try to talk my hubby into staying home too. With there being ice and freezing rain mix I'm worried b/c the area that he should be working tomorrow, he has to go over a very long bridge to get to the town. Not good.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

Jenni,

Thanks for the comments. I have to admit that the layout was a no brainer. The kit came with instructions - how to cut paper, distress it, size of photos. They had a fall layout so I went with the same. But I did it and it got me back into my scrap room.

I will say that I really like the paper. I did not buy the full kit (it came with stamps) as I already had some leaf stamps that I thought I should use.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

When Abby was little I scrapped at my kitchen table and didn't really ever have a problem with her (or my daycare kids) getting into my supplies.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-09-11 09:41 PM
In response to NMlady

Misty, it looks like you got a lot of awesome goodies! I ordered some stuff from a couple of websites yesterday...hopefully the stuff will come this week! I just love getting new stuff!!

Jane,I loved your LO!

We are supposed to get quite a bit of snow tonight...school is already called off for tomorrow. We do have quite a bit of it on the ground and back roads from the snow Friday & Saturday.

I have been kinda lazy yesterday & today...we didn't go to church b/c of the roads. I have to travel quite a few back roads to get there.

I did make some flowers today...I tried out a file I just bought for SCAL. I thought they turned out pretty! I'm having a brain fart and can't remember how to show the pics here...they are in my gallery though.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-09-11 09:45 PM
In response to LeeLo

Figured it out!

Windflower By LeeLo

Queen Anne's Lace By LeeLo

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to LeeLo

Love the flowers, Elizabeth!!

Kim has been out of school for 3 1/2 weeks. Classes start tomorrow.

And tonight Ethan is running a 101.5 temp and having chills.

And Jim is so sick with his cold that he not only missed church this morning, but he has called in sick for work tomorrow.

Nonononono. This was supposed to happen 3 weeks ago, when we had TIME to all be sick! We can't be sick now! We can't start the semester behind because of sickies. Oy!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

I don't wanna go to work today.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Well, good morning!

Get well wishes for all those sick!!

WOOHOO for snow days! Looks like we are in the forecast for some maybe the next couple of days! I will be taking the lappy home with me tonight just to be on the safe side! I would hate to have to work from home - NOT!!!!!

Leah and Elizabeth - Loving those flowers!!! Great job!!!!

Misty - Woohoo on the haul!!! Scrappy shopping is so much fun!

I have put myself on a scrappy diet though until I use up some of what I have! However, I will be teaching a techniques class at the weekend crop I am going to at the end of the month. Lady in charge told me if I wanted to purchase some new masks and glimmer mists that she would reimburse me!!! I told her that I have PLENTY of glimmer mist but that I may order a few masks since I only have a couple! They are already in my shopping cart here, just need to finish out the order!

I need to get to the gallery and check out everyone's stuff!!! Must get the payroll done first though!

Went to my first zumba class yesterday! Did the DVD at home in the afternoon so I knew what to expect (borrowed BFF's DVD). Was nothing like I expected still! And, OMG, I am feeling it today!! Probably doing it only once in the day would have been fine but NO, had to do it twice and I am like a limp spaghetti noodle today! No pain, no gain! Right?

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04

Awesome flowers!! I've often thought of purchasing the SCAL program but never have because I have the DS and never use it. I don't know maybe one day!

Heather-I've always wanted to take zumba classes. the gym that I worked out at years ago (before kids) offered it but I couldn't ever find a girlfriend to go with me and didn't want to do it alone.

Jenni-hope all the sicky germs leave yours and Kim's house!!! You are never sick when you have time to be. It always happens when you are the busiest. Sometimes I look at it as God telling us to slow down. His timing not ours right?

Well as I type I'm watching the gorgeous snow falling down. I tell ya, I love to watch it but hate to get out in it and play but the kids want to go out so, I bundle up. Picture opportunity, I know. We are suppose to be getting freezing rain later this afternoon and the weather keeps saying it will wash away the snow so I guess we better go out and play while we can. Hubby stayed home from work today Our power company is on standby because with the ice accumlation we are suppose to get they perdict alot of people will be without power. I prayed last night that we won't be one of those people. I don't do well in a cold house and no where to go with 2 small kids. Hopefully God will show his grace to us. When our power goes out because of an ice storm it seems like they stay without power for hours, sometimes days. That is not cool. Well I guess I need to finish my coffee and go find some very warm clothes to put on everyone. THose are sparse around here since we normally don't get this much snow! (twice so far this year and even twice last year!!!)

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to mbrune04

Morning!!!

All the flowers are beautiful!!! It makes me want to try and make some!! It's scrapping...right?!

I love doing zumba! I have a friend that is an instructor. I missed it last week and I'm trying to hit classes at least twice this week.

Time to take my shower and get something done around the house.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Misty - What fun! Take lots of pics! I am hoping to do the same with the kids tomorrow if we get what they are predicting - 4-7".

Will be praying for you that you do not lose power!!! Thankfully I live next to a hospital so if the power goes out, they get ours back up right away!!!

A couple years ago we had a huge ice storm. School was out for a week! Power out everywhere except at my house!!! I had 5 college students living with us (my sis and her 4 roomies), my mom, nephew and stepfather, and my grandma was about to head our way. Lots of food put into our freezer because of all their freezers being out! The one advantage of living in town and beside the hospital!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Misty - my mom's friend just got certified as a zumba instructor. So she invited mom and anyone mom wanted to bring for free! My mom, little sis and another friend of mom's and I went. I would definitely want someone to go with me that I knew too. Someone to complain to!!!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-10-11 07:55 AM

Elizabeth...you're gonna hate me...I was looking forward to work today! It is a nasty mess here, but I have 4 wheel drive and was having cabin fever!

Morning Heather! DH is working from home today. DS is off of school...they are saying they might end up missing the whole week. It has stopped for now, but we're supposed to get another big wave of it this evening. As long as I can get out in it, I am ok.

Oh, yeah, Zumba sounds fun! I am doing the Couch to 5K once it warms up. I downloaded the program on my iPod and it is supposed to build up to you running 3 miles in about 9 weeks. We'll see!

Jenni...I hope you all get well soon!

Misty...have fun playing in the snow! It has snowed more here already this year than we get in 2-3 years sometimes! Last winter was a snowy one too. I can remember not getting much at all for the past few years so I don't know what's up!

Kris...of course making flowers is scrapping! LOL That's about all the "scrapping" I have done lately. I go to my scrap desk and then end up on the laptop and get nothing else accomplished.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-10-11 07:59 AM
In response to LeeLo

I ordered some stuff over the weekend...can't wait to get it!

I listed some of it below, but also got some Gelly Roll pens, other miscellaneous ink pads (6-8), a stamp set (dog themed), some papers, a versafine ink pad and some liquid pearls. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
Elizabeth...you're gonna hate me...I was looking forward to work today! It is a nasty mess here, but I have 4 wheel drive and was having cabin fever!

Morning Heather! DH is working from home today. DS is off of school...they are saying they might end up missing the whole week. It has stopped for now, but we're supposed to get another big wave of it this evening. As long as I can get out in it, I am ok.

Oh, yeah, Zumba sounds fun! I am doing the Couch to 5K once it warms up. I downloaded the program on my iPod and it is supposed to build up to you running 3 miles in about 9 weeks. We'll see!Jenni...I hope you all get well soon!

Misty...have fun playing in the snow! It has snowed more here already this year than we get in 2-3 years sometimes! Last winter was a snowy one too. I can remember not getting much at all for the past few years so I don't know what's up!

Kris...of course making flowers is scrapping! LOL That's about all the "scrapping" I have done lately. I go to my scrap desk and then end up on the laptop and get nothing else accomplished.

Let me know how this works for you! I absolutely hate to run so would definitely be interested if this works!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Leah - Coffee shop is one of my most fave glimmer mist! Good choice!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-10-11 09:19 AM

Thanks Heather...I think I will use that color a lot! I will definitely let you know how the running works. I totally stink at running. I have always wanted to run though...I really think it will help with some of this weight I want to get off! I'm not sure when I'm going to start...it depends on the weather here. I want it to be warm enough so I don't have to miss a lot of time b/c it is too cold.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to LeeLo

I've been needing to lose weight since I had Dani. I'm more determined than ever to finally lose the baby weight.

Oh yeah and I'm pretty determined to scrap too

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to LeeLo

Well we went out and played for about 20 minutes but then Christian started saying he was cold and wanted to go in. Once we came in, it started sleeting so I doubt we will go back out. It's light fluffy snow not packing snow so there weren't much we could do with it anyway. I did get some pictures.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to mbrune04

Hi ladies!

Beautiful flowers! I planned on making some this weekend, but I got frustrated because my room is a mess. I don't have room for anything. I've decided to start getting the cubes from Michaels. I'm putting myself on a supply shopping hold until I'm better organized.

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it because the heaviest accumulation is supposed to occur right around the time I get off work. At least I don't have far to drive.

I've been trying to go to the gym more too. I may try that running app. I went a little out of control with the eating over the holidays lol.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DesiLee

Is it just me or is this afternoon just DRAGGING by?

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

It's not just you. Time's dragging for me too.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DesiLee

Well, its finally time to go! Pray for the snow tonight so I don't have to make the drive in here tomorrow!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Okay! I'll pray for it to make it to you in time for you to stay home from work tomorrow and you pray for it to stay away from here long enough for me to get home from work tomorrow! lol.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• TripletMother Said:
Misty - What fun! Take lots of pics! I am hoping to do the same with the kids tomorrow if we get what they are predicting - 4-7".

Will be praying for you that you do not lose power!!! Thankfully I live next to a hospital so if the power goes out, they get ours back up right away!!!
A couple years ago we had a huge ice storm. School was out for a week! Power out everywhere except at my house!!! I had 5 college students living with us (my sis and her 4 roomies), my mom, nephew and stepfather, and my grandma was about to head our way. Lots of food put into our freezer because of all their freezers being out! The one advantage of living in town and beside the hospital!

Yep! Us too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:

Nope, I don't hate ya, I would LOVE to look at the snow, if I didn't have to drive all over heck and back for work every day.
And with the fibromyalgia, I don't do well in the cold. But if you like it, more power to you!

All of our offices in Georgia and South Carolina are closed today. What a mess.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• TripletMother Said:
Well, its finally time to go! Pray for the snow tonight so I don't have to make the drive in here tomorrow!

Bite your tongue woman! Anything that hits you hits me 6 hours later!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Two storms coming through tomorrow one from the south and one from the west. At least that's what the news station says.

Grandma had her surgery today. She's doing well they still have to do the skin graft but other than that she's in good spirits and ready to come home.

Also found out that she fell down 3 steps and did that much damage.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Oh oh, zumba is fun and I'm trying to find a class closer to home.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to foltzy

Thanks for the love on my fall layout - easier to post here.

I want to reiterate that it was a kit. Their title was Fall with the same stamps and ink. But I will use the layout again - I don't usually bloc that way and I liked the effect. Still love the colours in the kit too.

Leah - - yes, I have way too much stuff. The chair would be more comfy if I dropped another 25 lbs as I don`t fit in it very well. It was found in the trash - on our "treasure day" where you leave items out for others.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to foltzy

Liz. Hope your grandma heals well. Thanks for updating us.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

OMG OMG OMG
Timmy just posted on his blog some of the new dies being released at CHA.

I gotta go clean out the attic and see what else I can sell. I'm gonna need to make a boatload of money.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Which ones are speaking to you?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Vintage valise, small easel, sewing room, ATC and corners...

mind you, I never had a Sizzix or anything like it, so I don't even have the all the ones I want from what's out already.

I was going to just focus on embossing folders, but me likey these!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Me also likey the cleaning out thing!
Each time I out even one small pack of stickers in an envelope it feels good. All this stuff I have just sitting here. And I scrap. I scrap quite a lot I think. But some of it just never got used for it's intended purpose. And there is the occasional "what was I thinking"

And I haven't even begun to scratcj the surface of all of the other craft supplies in my attic. OMG. Or finished crafts. I should pull some of those out too!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Well I think your Vagabond needs some friends

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Oh it does. But I am trying to stop spending money on stuff. Although I paid cash for almost every single thing, I went a little nutty at Christmas. I have only one credit card, but somehow I have managed to nickel and dime it back up to an uncomfortable balance. And I will not be happy until I have it paid back down, preferably paid off. Bill and I are going on a trip in 6 weeks. And at the end of March will be Memories Expo, which he always gives me carte blanche at. Plus the new car.

Plus I get this weird sort of sense of order when I can declutter and scan and shred papers and such. And I really need that right now.

So I bought a couple of things with coupons.
Then I bought embossing folders and a couple dies with gift cards. And now I am really trying NOT to buy anything out of pocket. If I sell stuff I'm not using, I can use that money to play.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I actually just passed up a whole "lot" of stuff that went for a fraction of what it was worth, even though I could have resold some of it that I already had, because I didn't have enough money in my PayPal account to pay for it.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Excellent restraint!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

weird, cause right now I don't care if it all goes out the door at .99. I really wish it were spring so I could lay it all out in the drive way!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
OMG OMG OMG
Timmy just posted on his blog some of the new dies being released at CHA.

I gotta go clean out the attic and see what else I can sell. I'm gonna need to make a boatload of money.

Keep listing stuff and I will keep looking!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

Elizabeth, I swear - your excitement is almost contagious. Almost.

BTW...thought of you today. Went to HL to get some tape squares and glue dots. Their Timmy stuff (what little they carry) was on sale, too, so I used it as an excuse to pick up some Timmy Stickles. I know it's Stickles, but officially it's the first Timmy stuff I've had in my collection.

Heather - I wouldn't mind the snow, if it'll just hold off and not really hit until late morning or closer to noonish. Of course, it looked like you're in the 4-7" range, and I'm right on the edge between that and the 2-4" range...which means we might get an inch. But I do have to get out and do a depo in the morning, so I'd appreciate not having to mess with the weather TOO much to get there and back.

Liz - great news about your grandma. I'm praying that she'll have a quick and complete recovery.

to everyone else.

Ethan's cold turned went into full-blown flu around 3:30 this morning, and while he was only sick once, he ran a temp all day of 101-103. So much for Kim's first day of school. He has top be fever-free for 24 hours before he can go to daycare, so I plan to pick him up after the depo in the morning and keep him for the afternoon/evening to give Kim some school time.

Whee! What a way to start a semester.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to c-leaper

It's been busy... and yes it's almost three in the morning and I'm up here scrapping... finished my first page for the new year and looking to get started on my husband's Navy scrapbook... with 20 years it's going to take me a while, but it will be well worth it.

Happy New years ladies...

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Bite your tongue woman! Anything that hits you hits me 6 hours later!

Good point! Sorry Elizabeth!!! Well, you have until about 1pm today then. It started here about 7am but when it did, it came fast!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-11-11 07:51 AM

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Morning!!!

I'm sitting here folding a load of towels and getting caught up!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-11-11 07:51 AM

Blah...it's nasty here today! I wish I was at home!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics