Page 1 of 290 
Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
melissadam
Angel
melissadam

just us friends ......this group closed ......invitation only

Edited by melissadam on 09-15-11 08:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

hello!!!!!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to CommaHolly

Hi!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Scrapingbliss

So where are we?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

you hafta go to forums .......then a subgroup in tips and techniques is critique groups ......thats us

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Oh, no wonder I couldn't find it!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

hehe its hidden

ok to update everyone! .....Mel got a condo! ......she will close by Mar 31!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

just put it in your favs, Kim

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

for Mel!!!!!!!!! is she wicked excited, Mich????????????

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I have it in favs but wanted to be sure I could find it if I needed to. Didn't want to get caught wandering around out here in the new neighborhood late at night!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

kim you crack me up!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

we are going out for dinner to celebrate

Kim are you and dh doing valentines day?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Well....yes, we are...but it will be the 4 of us. LOL The kids missed him and I felt bad telling them they had to leave and go to Uncles. We'll get a night soon.

We're going to dinner and then going to buy a couple of fishing poles for the cub scout fishing trip tomorrow.

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 02-18-11 02:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

You have a lot to celebrate. I'm so happy for her. Think of all the new scrapping material.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

yea its hard when the kids want time too .....the time will come when its just you 2 .....

we are going to costco after dinner .....for bowling pics and dog food

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

we're having chicken strips

I don't feel up to cooking, and Jaime forbid it said I might burn down the house if I tried to cook feeling like this

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi girls!

Just marked this location in my favorites so hopefully will find everyone again!

Congrats to Mel for getting the condo Michelle. Is it in the place that she really liked before? How exciting for her that's for sure.

Hi Kim and Holly!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

You need to listen to your DH, Holly...not words that would NORMALLY past my lips but in this case I think they are wise words. As well as sweet.

Where are you going to eat? We are headed to one of my two favs...Mexican.

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 02-18-11 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

Hi Jane,,,,,have you recovered from the boy scout thingy????? I think you need a shopping trip and dinner out to recover

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Hi, Jane! Glad you found us. Put out some bread crumbs to be sure you can find us again. If you lose us send a PM we'll come out and find you!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Scrapingbliss Said:
You need to listen to your DH, Holly...not words that would NORMALLY past my lips but in this case I think they are wise words. As well as sweet.

Where are going to eat? We are headed to one of my two favs...Mexican.

I had so much to do today though DH paid my youngest to do it all,,,,,it was ALOT which is why he paid her

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

yep,,,,,we'll send out the mounties

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Look at us...we're already settling in...page 2!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

won't take long and we'll be up to page 1000

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Holly today was one of those days that you sort of just did nothing - like all of a sudden you had nothing pressing - great feeling. Your right do need a shopping trip which no doubt will happen soon and a dinner out great idea!!!

Are you feeling less tired now - hope so.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I think it was really nice of him to get dd to take care of stuff for you today. I'm glad you followed his direction and just relaxed.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

sorry i went to change

hi jane glad you joined us!

not sure where we are going ......its always a process choosing where .....bob and mel are so picky! ......i like everything!

please holly dont cook!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm still dragging, Jane

but I expected SOME side effects,,,,they shouldn't last long, and I think the reduced pain will be worth a few days of exhaustion in the long run I've really got high hopes for this drug,,and it's far more conservative than lyrica or some of the other drugs that really do a job on your body and mind,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• melissadam Said:
sorry i went to change

hi jane glad you joined us!

not sure where we are going ......its always a process choosing where .....bob and mel are so picky! ......i like everything!

please holly dont cook!

nope,,,,,the kids are cooking chicken fingers and french fries,,,,easy, simple, but they can cook it quickly and I can hit the sack early tonight

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi Kim:

Shouldn't take too long to remember where to look for you girls.

This has been a long day, strange sometimes when dh is traveling, the day actually goes by really fast but some days when he is home well the day drags. Do believe need to come up with some fun things that we can do like go some place for the day. We are not that far away from the Biltmore House and it has been years since touring it and am sure there are other places to check out.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

ok bobs home .....we're off ......ttyl!

and thanks for coming everyone!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Have fun, Michelle!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, Jane,,,,,Jaime and I sometimes stare at eachother and we KNOW there should be things we should be enjoying but I have to go FIND them

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Love the Biltmore House. That was the first trip Martin and I took together. We had so much fun and it is just such a lovely place to go.

Have fun, Michelle. We should be leaving here soon. Talk to you all tonight.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Actually I'm still here, what I meant to say was...I'll talk to YOU (as in Michelle) later.

I just placed another order with Stampin Up. I ordered a word window punch...I've seen them before and I love them. A modern label punch to layer under that one, a stamp set, a marker and a pack of paper.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you'll have to show me what a word window punch is when you get it, Kim,,,,,,,I have no clue

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

I know Holly - Bob and I get in a rut and tend to forget hey we have time, some spending money, and just need to do things then sit in the family room with our laptops and the tv on - getting old only doing this. . .

This year when we go to the timeshare in Daytona want to take a day and go to Disney (been years since being there)!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve Disney DH and I are buying seasons passes as soon as he's declared "permanent" on his job again, which is pretty certain at this point,,,,,,,

and I can't WAIT

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to OnlyJane

Oh forgot to ask you Holly, how is the Gone With The Wind project going?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to OnlyJane

Love Disney too, especially when we lived in Jacksonville and went a few times.

I'll show you when I get it...but basically it's a long, skinny oval that cuts around your word or phrase and then you can layer it on top of another paper.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

My GWTW has hit a standstill,,,,,,I've been hurting too much to do much scrapping at all,,,,

but I have plenty of time, and I am hoping to get this pain under control soon

can't wait to see it, Kim,,,,I can't quite picture it, but it could be my swiss cheese brain lately

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi hi hi!! glad i found yall! lol

hip hip hooray for mel!!!!!!! so michelle..tell us about the condo!!

hi holly.. what meds do they have you on? im glad the kids are cooking. we know the danger when you are thinking straight.. sheeesh..imagine the poor neighbors if you tried to cook while on these meds!

hi jane! im glad the banquet was a success and that it is over now! time to do some serious scrapping and shopping!! lol

hi kim! im happy for you that dh is home! a friend of mine from work had a candlelight valentines dinner with her husband and 2 kids. she said they had a blast! so..it will be nice to have the whole family together for dinner!

oh yeah.. kim.. are you selling stampin up stuff? i love their ink pads. lol if you are let us know, you may get an order or 2 from some of us (me me me!!!!) lol

so i went to the wound clinic this morning. the opening to my wound is now .5cm..yup you heard that right! its tiny. the inside..the depth is about 2.4cm. thats pretty small too. the doc was concerned that the opening is closing faster than the inside so he changed what i need to pack it with. he gave me this foam.. ill put the ointment stuff in and then pack the foam in it. the foam should hold the opening..open. i go back in 2 weeks. im just tickled over this.. i knew it was getting small..but to get an official measurement made my day! lol

i have my coffee cooked and im in scrappy room already. ive just been beside myself all day to get in here. lol im gonna find a movie to watch and then get to scrapping!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

oh..wait.. did someone say cheese??? swiss cheese? i love swiss cheese!!!!!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to nuskrappa

Hi Cris:

Glad you found everyone!!!!! So glad to hear about your wound getting smaller and smaller, what a relief for you

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to nuskrappa

Hi Crissy!!!! I am dancing over your wound healing!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you

they have me on cymbalta, which stops your brain from interpreting pain. Since I have fibro, what feels like a 5 on the pain scale to you, feels like a ten to me,,,,,so it blocks some of that and brings it down to normal

they also have me on tram-adol for breakthrough pain,,,,this is the one I've taken before, and I find it a good drug,,,,non-narcotic, so it's better for you than a ton of the other pain killers, but still strong enough to handle pain

any fun plans for the weekend??????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi Jane!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

ive heard of those before holly. i dont know anyone whos taken cymbalta..but i know a couple that has taken ******** with great results! yay for medications!! lol hey hey hey...easy on the dancin girlfriend.. u dont need to hurt yourself even more! hehe

i just plan on the usual this weekend. scrappin!! fun fun fun! lol

thanks jane.. it is a relief!! what are you up to tonight?

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi Holly!

Sure hope your combo of meds help you big time. I can't imagine having constant pain, so far no pain problems but you never know.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

the past year it's gotten much worse, so I'm willing to try anything so I can stop crabbing

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Who wouldn't be crabby if having so much pain as you have endured.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

the funny thing is, Jane,,,,,,

it really IS in my head

the doctor told me that fibromyalgia is the PERCEPTION of more pain than one should actually feel,,,,,,the theory is that a virus or accident or something "sensitized" my nerves to feel TOO MUCH pain,,,,,,,,and send a message to the brain that I am feeling more than I should,,,,,,

I had to laugh at that,,,,it's all in my head but our brains ARE what tell us to feel pain and how MUCH.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hey isnt that what that other doctor told you.. i mean the original one. no..its made up pain. its all in your head. you know my memory sux but i am thinking thats kind of what you had said before. lol

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Wow - that is interesting on pain Holly! To me, pain hurts and there is different levels of intensity like I remember labor pain and how it came in waves, started little and got super worse, stopped, started all again but that was short lived thank goodness!

Regardless, you pain hurts really bad when you have it from what you have described and it keeps hurting unless you can find the right meds, etc. to control it. Hang in there - you will conquer this and feel so much better.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Yeahhhh Found us Thanks Michelle......

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

hi everyone .......nice to come on and see all the fun chatter!

so i told you eating out is always an ordeal .....well we drove around suggesting several places .......and we ended up at McDonalds! .......yes you read that right! ........thats what the girl wanted! ..........OY! ..........so i had a mushroom and swiss angus wrap .....well half of one ....but those are so yummy!

Cris so happy your wound is FINALLY healing!

ok mels condo is a 2 bed 2 bath carriage style (house is over the garage) ......2 car garage ......1600 sq ft ........fireplace .......needs painting and some carpet ....but it is in the same complex as the other 2 .....and its $10,000 cheaper!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

yay mini! glad you found us!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi mini!

omg michelle.. that sounds fantastic!!! will you guys get to go see it while waiting for closing? if so i want pics! lol

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi Michelle:

McDonald's that is funny, but hey nothing wrong with McDonald's that's for sure.

Oh, Mel's condo sounds really nice and roomy and a 2 car garage - wow. Not bad at all with having to paint and do carpet, she can pick out her fav. colors for the walls, and type of carpet she wants. Does her place come with a refrig. and washer/dryer?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

I actually saw it by myself first so I took pics for mel ....I just wasnt talking about it because weve been down that road before .....but I dont really want to post the pics because its pretty ugly

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

yes the appliances are included .......very basic ....but good enough to start .......shes so excited! .......and talking about colors

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I knew I forgot something .....jane we are all 3 sitting in the great room ....on our laptops! ....thats a hot fri night around here!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hehehe michelle..sounds like a great friday night! lol well.. i cant wait till yall are ready to show the pics! its so exciting! you guys have had a very exciting week! im so happy for yall!

oh yeah, i placed an order at j's. i found some stamps..they are on sale this week. and a couple of packs of bazzill smoothie paper..black and brown. and a new TH distresser, mine is getting worn. lol anyways, i found a coupon code and i wound up saving just about enough to cover the shipping! woohoo! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

woo hoo! .....are they sentiment stamps?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

yes.. happy birthdays and thinking of yous. i got a couple of each..i got 5 packs of stamps. a couple of them are single and a couple are in pack with a few. the most i paid for 1 of the packs was 5.99. yay! im glad you told me to do that instead of ebay. i think it worked out fine, plus i was able to get that cardstock that i needed too!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Cris - sounds like a nice order you placed and glad your coupon helped cancel out most of the shipping charges! I have a cart filled, but haven't hit the send button yet on some of the new My Mind's Eye line, not sure yet, need to start doing layouts with what I have, but it is so tempting - really like paper, etc.,!!!!!!!

Yes, Michelle I know what you mean about wild friday nights - gosh can remember when dating couldn't wait for Friday nights and Saturday nights - times have changed

Hi Mini - glad you got over here. . . .

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Hot Friday over here to.....

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to miniscraper

ugh phone call.. back in a bit

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good stuff cris!

well Im glad we can all spend our wild fri night together!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

ok .....so I just realized ......I hafta get my scrap stuff organized ..........Im moving upstairs!!!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my mother,,,,,,,phone,,,,,,, drive me nuts,,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi Mini!!! glad you found us,,,,,

my friday night is even HOTTER DH isn't here

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• melissadam Said:
ok .....so I just realized ......I hafta get my scrap stuff organized ..........Im moving upstairs!!!!!!!!!

well hop to it, Mich

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

sounds like a good friday night to me.

ok so remember how i told ya;ll i spent so much to fix my van?? well get this as im pulling out my parking spot i notice the van is acting funny well i park outside and check my tired and low and behold i have a flat. ugh i was so mad so glad we have the truck that i can drive though so needless to say me and dh are sharing a vehicle right now

hope everyone had a great day

congrats to mel thats such great news to hear so happy to hear that

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Briannasmom

Ok, nuff with the car problems for poor Mandi,,,,,,geesh!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

OMG mandi! ....you are having the worst luck! .....Im so sorry

Holly I can totally relate ....just got off the phone w/my mom too

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

im back.

i love talking to my mom on the phone. lol i know..im an oddity! hehehe

sorry mandi about the van..that sux! are you going to be able to get it fixed soon?

michelle... wow.. u get a new scrappy room!! woohooo!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I love my mother, but OMG, she has to go into every single detail,,,,,,if she goes on a trip, I have to hear every single detail including "and then we got our luggage and carried it to the van and the vandriver was nice and then we got lost going to the hotel but we finally found it and the hotel lobby is beautiful I think the rug is italian,,,"

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Ive talked to my mom 3 times this week ......darn kids and their news ....... so by the 3rd call I really just want to give her the news and hang up .......I got the answering machine YAY! .......but nooooooooooo .....she hasta call me back UGH .....then what does she want to talk about? .....graham crackers are now in a smaller box for the same price

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

up to an hour, I do really well,,,,,,but when it starts approaching two hours, I find myself going nutso

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

OMG ......I wouldnt even make an hour! .....after 20 min Im making excuses

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't talk to mine 3 X a week though

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I dont either ....its just this week there was news twice ....and she called on valentines day .......just mom overload!!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I have sworn I'll never do that to my kids I mean I like to hear about the highlights of her trip, but really,,,,,,,when the plane is 2 minutes late landing, it doesnt' add a thing to the story

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

omg how funny with your guys mom
Michelle priceless on the graham cracker in the smaller box now i want graham crackers haha

I love talking to my mom but mine always want to hang up with me quickly and i always think gesh am i really that bad of a person to talk to lol

I know right enough with the van problems i;m so annoyed with it all i;m having the worst month i swear and now i hope that is my third bad thing that has happened to me and everythign will turn up now. not sure when we can get it fixed. dh is gonna look at it in the mornign when he gets home from work and we go from there i hope its not an expensive since i just dumped a thousand to fix the coolant leak ugh cars

so i;ve been thinking about buying hte gyspy a friend of mine has one and swears to never buy one but i hear such great things so which is it?? i have the scal program which i LOVE so is it worth it for me to get it adn i dont want to spend alot on it if i buy it.

Cris you scrapping?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I love love love my gypsy!!!!!!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

actually I want graham crackers now too!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

glad i'm not the only one who wants graham crackers

know of anywhere to buy it Holly for less then a hundred?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

a hundred is about as good as it gets right now, I think,,,,,,but keep checking,,,,try Ebay!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

thats what i was thinking i just hate to spend the money and i HATE it kwim i dont maybe its pointless for me to get it.

Michelle did you get to scrap at all today

how about you Holly?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

NO,,,I hurt too bad and was too dead no scrappy for me,,,,took 2 naps

omg, you guys,,,,DS called from walmart to find out if we needed anything,,,,,,,DD pipes up TELL HIM I NEED TAMPONS,,,,,,

and he GOT THEM!!!!!!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Hi, ladies!!

Good mexican food and now I'm full and tired. We went to Walmart and got a Transformer fishing pole...so cute. DH has got to take pictures tomorrow. If he forgets I'm gonna be mad!

Hi, Mandi. Honey, I am so sorry for all the issues you are having! OMG. I pray you are right...you've had your 3 things now it will turn around for you.

Hi, Cris. No I'm not selling it. I've thought about signing up as a demonstrator so I can get the 10% discount but then I don't get to participate in the monthly club and I think I'm going to look forward to scrapping with others once a month. I'm going to place another order on the 1st I can place your order with mine and ship it to you if your interested. Let me know and I'll give you the website to look up. I may still do it in the future...it would be nice to get the discount but I don't know yet.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I made a couple cards ........one for adam that Im really happy with ....and another easter card

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Hey Mandi, I forgot...I looooooove my gypsy! I am lost without it this week. I don't know when I will get my cord.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Holly, that is too funny with your son. Good for him for buying them. Good practice for later in life I guess.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

kim mexican sounds so good!

holly adam would def do that for mel .......what good brothers they are!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

DH will do it without blinking,,,,,,but DS? surprised me,,,,

he just laughed and said ":well OBVIOUSLY they aren't for ME, mom!"

guess he's got a point

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

we are having chicken strips,,woo hoo,,,,,but hey, don't have to cook, I am not complaining

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Michelle that is funny about your Mom and the size of the graham cracker boxes!

Kim glad you enjoyed your dinner out and hope ds and dh enjoy fishing with the cubs tomorrow.

How nice of ds to call and see if anything was needed from WM and he followed through with dd's request.

Mandi you have had too many things happening so hopefully this will be it for you - enough is enough.

Well, am going to get off the computer now - Blue Blood will be on . . . have a good night!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

good night jane!

Page 1 of 290 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics