Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to CommaHolly

Good afternoon,

Sun is out!

Things are quiet around which is good - need to go out and cut the front yard, maybe...(lol).

Michelle glad you scrapped! Once again, have ideas in my head, but haven't applied them on paper yet - I am hopeless.

Will not watch the debates since it is my opinion that anything Romney says will be twisted by the media who we all know who they want in. Sorry and that is all I will say.

Kim I will vote again today - can't wait to read your whole manuscript.....

Tante your food choices for today don't sound that good - clear liquid had to do that before my endoscopy, I think I ate some jello though as I didn't have to have clear.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to OnlyJane

Don't worry, Holly by the time it's all said and done on the 11th you will be begging me to stop reminding you! LOL

Not watching the debates, just can't bring myself to do it.

Michelle, I'm sure it felt good to get there and scrap!!! Glad you got to spend some time in your room.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

no debates for me tonight I work but I will hear about it from my aunt who I;m sure will watch.

Michelle glad your day is freed up and you got to scrap YAY.

Kim you are kicking butt on the writing way to go

Jane get those thoughts down on paper so we can see!!

Holly yes I am glad she is gone. the first 2 days was fine with her then after that was awful. I wanted to kick her out of my house.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Briannasmom

Mandi,,,,,,,,,you are a saint!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sooooooooo

I tried to buy a new yoga ball the other day at WM,,,,,,none in my size (5 foot 3 - 5 foot 11)

Jaime goes to WM last night and finds one,,,,,

a Gold's Gym ball,,,same EXACT ball I bought a year and a half ago,,,,,,,,,their balls are color coded, and my size ball color is red.

bear with me, there's a reason I'm giving you this info LOL

soooooooo, I blow the ball up last night,,,,,,I swear it's HALF the size,,,,,,and I know this because my knees are too high and the ball easily fits through door ways without a gentle shove (plenty of room),,,,,,,,my larger ball got stuck and you had to give it a tiny shove,,,,

like what the heck???

double check,,,,,same ball,,,SAYS the same CM circumference,,,,,,like what the heck???

thinking I am losing my mind, I blow up the OLD ball,,,,,,,,(turns out the ball wasn't broken, it was the pump that was broken),,,,,,,the ball comes with a pump, and a new pump alone was the same price as a pump and ball,,,,,,,so I figured I'd buy another ball too,,,,,,,,might as well have the ball,,,,,,

EXCEPT IT'S NOT THE SAME SIZE! the old ball is TWICE the size,,,,,,sitting next to eachother, there's A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

shaking head. go figure.

I am now using the old ball with the new pump.

Edited by CommaHolly on 10-03-12 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

WOW Holly that crazy about the ball size being different.

I LOVED my yoga ball when i was preggo with the girls eased so much pressure i had with both. Now i dont use it.

Holly you've been on a cruise before right (anyone else as well)? I need to cut some images from lifes a beach cart for a friend. secret santa swap i;m in . anyway I;ve never been on a cruise and i cant go out and ask her since its a secret so any ideas on what to cut? I have laid out so far is sand dollars, a few leaves, anchor, coral, seahorse, and shells. I;m gonna do the cruise ship but what else??

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

wow where did the afternoon go??? .....Ive accomplished absolutely nothing and its 5 already ....dinner here is chix cordon bleu (frozen pre made), noodles and apple sauce

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to melissadam

mandi does that cart have a lounge chair? .....also sun and palm trees

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Dinner sounds good Michelle! I had Bob Evans Mac and Cheese along with applesauce.

Did manage to go ahead and mow the yard. Wasn't bad as it was cool with a breeze so didn't have to take a break.

Need to finish putting out some fall/Halloween items - gosh this year is just flying by.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

tall drink glasses too Mandi, as well as Michelle's ideas,,,,,,,,,sun,,,,,

swim suits

I dont have that cart, so I'm totally guessing here,,,,,

one of the carts has a cruise ship,,,,,,,,not sure if that one does or not,,,,,,

flags, or make a pennant banner

thinking,,,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

fend for yourself here, I am not moving from this chair tonight LOL

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Your friendly nightly reminder, Holly and anyone who needs it. I have no idea how well I'm doing but I appreciate all the votes from each of you!

It has been a loooong day. Small group just broke up about 30 min. ago. I think I'm going to bed. Have a good night everyone!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Scrapingbliss

Mandi, if she's a gambler, maybe something about that, too.

I didn't watch the debate. I think we'll hear more than I ever wanted to hear about it in the next few days.

This diet, plus the laxatives, is less than pleasant.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to johnsusan8

awesome ideas thank you ladies a BUNCH I was starting to get clueless and didnt want to cut a bunch of none sense stuff for her kwim.

we had the last 20 minutes of the debate on...

Kim hope you sleep well

I;m about to head to bed myself!!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

Hi all,surfacesing for a few.working my tush off to get cards done.

Hope everybody's well!!!
Kim I'm still voting.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to miniscraper

Thank you for continuing to vote, Mini! I appreciate the support. From all of you.

I got a new workout routine from Beachbody, it came yesterday. So I hope to rejuvenate my workouts, starting today. And of course more writing!

What's everyone else got going on today?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ....as far as I can tell this day is mine to do with as I please! ......think I'll try the eliptical first then clean bathrooms and scrap!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Morning!!!!!!!! thanks for the reminder, Kim!!!! I voted again last night!

I have two cards that I HAVE TO make today,,,,,,,,a trip to the post office is in order,,,,and I really need to go to HL today,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh poo,,,,I forgot cleaning,,,,,I really need to clean today,,,,,,,,the back is doing much better today, so I'm going to take advantage before the weekend and get it done,,,,,,I've moved grocery shopping to tomorrow so I can clean today,,,,,,can't do both in one day.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon,

Sunny after a heavy fog this morning.

Have a boy scout volunteer meeting committee meeting, hope it doesn't drag along too much. If a certain person attends we will never get out as they question every single statement someone makes.

Holly did you get your cards finished yet?

Michelle is it next week that Adam comes home for a few days?

Bob will be home sometime this afternoon for a long weekend - Monday is a holiday so no work. I better get the honey do list updated, seems like it is added to, but nothing crossed out

Hi Kim, Mandi, Mini, Tante, Cris.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

short time on the eliptical, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, stripped the bed, finished the laundry ......and then finally some scrappy time! just 1 page but its good to be back to scrapping regularly again!

adam is coming home fri .....hoping the weather cooperates for pumpkin picking!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hope the weather is good for pumpkin picking!!! Around here the corn mazes, hayrides, pumpkin patches are in full swing. I want to take a drive up to Pigeon Forge to see all the fall displays as merchants, hotels, etc., put out some really pretty displays (great for picture taking).

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

that sounds nice jane!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

way to go Michelle being so productive.

Jane that sounds really nice!!

I have managed to fold and put away a load of laundry. me and Brooke laid down on the couch and watched one of her shows she likes and we both fell asleep opps i guess we both were pretty tired.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

mandi Im sure you both needed the rest!

today is national taco day so its chicken tacos for dinner here!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

evening,,finally managed to finish my cards,,,,,,slowest card on the planet,,,,I just wasn't in to one of them,,,,,,,,the other was a joy fold and that was fun,,,,,,,,,

never got anywhere else,,,,,,,I have picked up the kitchen,,,,,,,and I need to make dinner,,,,,,,,,sigh. Just have been OFF all day,,,,,,KWIM?? nothing terrible,,,,,,just OFF.

Asian Chicken Fried Rice and salad for dinner tonight,,,,,,,,although Nick is going to be upset when he hears it was National Taco Day today but HE picked the dinner tonight LOL.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Jane, a friend told me there was a giant scrapbook store in Pigeon Forge with a huge clearance room. Have you been there?

Kim, I voted!

My tummy is still upst with all the laxatives I had to take. It doesn't help that I was so hungry after the test that I had a waffle, eggs, bacon, and toast at Huddle House. Tomorrow will be a better day!

noomi 
New Kid On the Block
  • noomi on 10-04-12 10:55 PM

nice posts...............

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to noomi

good morning ......gloomy here .....and cool, crisp fall weather is here .......wont get out of the 50s all weekend ....but hopefully sunshine tomorrow for pumpkin picking!

heading to the library today for a couple hours ....and adam will be home some time this evening!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning! All these fall things sound so nice. We have them but it's just not the same when it's 89/90 degrees.

Thanks for voting, Tante! When do you get the results of your testing?

Morning, Michelle! Glad you have gotten into scrapping again. Doesn't it feel good? I know you're looking forward to having Adam home. Pumpkin picking sounds fun. We'll do that in a week or two, I hope.

Jane, I've heard that Pigeon Ford displays are always pretty, that would be a fun outing.

Mandi, how is Brooke's rash?

Hi, Holly! Hi, Mini!

Hi, Cris! Thank you so much for all the promotion you've done for my chapter! Makes me smile every time!

Off for a workout, load laundry (non of it is getting fold! ) but it's getting washed. My new goal is to get to the 3/4 mark on my MS, only about 6,000 words away!

Talk to you later!

Thanks for voting!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Kim you are doing awesome on the writing way to go!!

Jane hope the tummy is better and you get the results soon.

Michelle I know you are excited to have Adam home and pumpkin picking sounds awesome. Glad you are back into scrapping again!!

Brookes rash is 100% gone and she is done with her meds. she just has a diaper rash now. nothing major though. have her diaper rash meds dr perscribed the last time she had a rash so it should be healed within a day or 2.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

wow, sounds like everyone is going to have a fantastic day!

we're grocery shopping here,,,,,then I have to start on another DT project (anything but a card--joy.) I have no paper from the people I'm supposed to have it from, but I'm not waiting another day to make my project,,,,,,,they'll either take it as it is, or not use it,,,,,,whatever. That DT is a PITA, and I'm leaving at the end of the contracted period.

I also want to go to HL today,,,,,,never got there yesterday,,,,,,,and the post office, same thing LOL. Hopefully my back will cooperate.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK,,,,,,,,,,verrrrrrrrrrr ry strange,,,,,,

Jaime put up a new mailbox post the other day,,,,,

it was just left bare wood as we need to go buy beige paint to match the house (the box itself is black to match the shutters, etc)

I just went out to check the mail,,,,,,,someone painted the post RED.

huh?????????? nothing on our house is RED.

I asked Jaime why he painted it red,,,,,,,,

he said he didn't!!!!!

what the heck,,,,,,,,who else would have painted out post RED???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

And it's done nicely too,,,,,,not like kids spray painted it or anything,,,,,,,very strange!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

wow Holly that is very strange!!

managed to get bathrooms cleaned up and dishes done. still gotta sweep and mop floors but might wait til tomorrow after work for that one.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my daughter just said that the HOA was going around painting ALL the mailbox posts red,,,,,,,

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????? ???????

and did anyone notice that Roseanne Barr is on the ballot for president this year? totally not kidding,,,,,,,,at least she is here in Florida!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

busy morning .....had to run to target before going to library because mel had a mishap and needed a new bra (steroids suck!) .....went in and helped her for a couple hours ......went to kroger to get RX while I was there picked up a few things ..... $75 later ......came home to the garbage strewn all over the kitchen ......cleaned the entire kitchen (not just garbage) .......finally sat down with a salad I picked up at K ......and now of course Im exhausted!

tonight dinner at our fav diner and then to the movies (whole family )

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

holly thats so weird about the mail post ....even now that you know who did it! .......our HOA is so picky about some things then let other things that really bug me slide! ......annoying!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

we have the same issue here,,,,,,,

they let the people next door (across the field) park on their lawn,,,,,,,,SIX CARS AND A TRAILER,,,,,they built a deck off the FRONT of their house WITHOUT pulling a permit! AND they have window shaker units that they are NOT supposed to have. It's maddening as heck!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I got a LOVELY card today from kim!!!! thank you so much! it really picked up my spirits! and I LOVE the sentiment stamp inside!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

that's so nice!!!!!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi girls,

Another lovely day!

Holly that is odd painting all mailbox posts red. Do you have to have a certain mailbox also to put on the post? I have seen black ones, green, some are metal, some plastic....

Our HOA is the same way, some things are o.k., others are not, depends on who knows who....

Tante hope your feeling better today!

Mandi glad Brooke is now feeling good and bet you will be glad when she is potty trained and won't have to go through the diaper rash.

Michelle glad Adam will be home soon and you get to have family time eating at the diner and go see a movie!

They are having a Parade of Homes in our area today, so Bob and I went to look at two homes, one was on the water, beautiful, only $1 million it is fun to look though!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

no, that's the odd part, Jane,,,,,,,you can have whatever mailbox you want. very strange.

it's always fun to look at million dollar homes LOL

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi everyone!

holly..that cracked me up about the red post. it was like some random teenagers driving around and instead of vandalizing mailboxes they were painting them nice. hehehe thats what i was thinking before you found out who did it. lol an random act of kindness. a RAK if you will. hehehe

oh man.. its gonna be one of those nights..i am mental i tell ya! laughing at my own jokes, it really is scary inside my head!

what is everyone up to tonight?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to nuskrappa

I'm laughing at the inside of your head too, Crissy,,,,,,you're not alone in there LOL

just watching TV,,,,,,,nothing much today. How about you? scrapping?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

lol holly.... now i am scared that i am not alone in my head. i feel like i have to censor my thoughts now. uggh! hehehe

im about to head to my room. i got my hair cut after work and when i got home i did some dishes. and now i am just chilled out in my chair, but i have to get up or i will fall asleep. lol

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

michelle..is adam home?

boy it sure cooled off here! its supposed to go down to 36 degrees tomorrow night. bill is going to have to bring in his plants already!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

cris CUTE avi I love it. you think of some funny stuff Cris I;m now wondering what else goes on in there lol.

speaking on cooling off we are suppose to get snow flurries early tomorrow morning crazy i think.

glad to be home from work had a creepo for a client on my first massage my 2nd was a sweet heart so that was nice but still not a nice way to start off lol.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

lol mandi.. i really dont think you would want to be inside my mind! lol and OMG snow flurries??? i guess i shouldnt commplain about my 36 degrees. wow!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

kim.. wheres your link for me to share on facebook?? lol

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

oops nevermind..lol i found it!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to nuskrappa

Kim, I voted!

I gave my niece most of a china set I had collected. I grew up eating off of those plates. In turn, she's going to clean my house for free twice. I still have some left and she's happy, too.

Now that I have extra room in my glass cabinet that was in my mom's store, I'm going to put some scrap supplies in there. I gave away some books and will give some more away soon, so there'll be some rearranging because of that. Maybe guests will actually be able to use my guest room. Or maybe I'll just buy more scrappy stuff!

I feel better today. I'm not sure when I'll get the results.

Tomorrow I have my last Stampin' Up party for the year. It's at my sis-in-law's house. I'm looking forward to it. She always has great munchies!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ....as it becomes light outside I can see its very cloudy and gloomy .....appropriate as today is the 1 yr anniv of my friend ann's death ....I dont usually remember or keep track of such things but for some reason hers and shanes(nov 6) stick with me .....maybe its because these 2 deaths had such an impact on my children ....not really sure ....but today I have a heavy heart

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

morning girls!

im sorry you have a heavy heart today michelle. maybe you could get some flowers and visit them...maybe it would help a little. hugs!

super gloomy out here. cold too. i had to turn the heater on in the bedroom last night. it still never seemed to get warm in there. i have the blanket on me now. its a snuggly take a nap kind of day! whats everyone up to today?

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to nuskrappa

Hi,

What a difference a day makes - today, gloomy, no sun, drizzle and only 55, will get down to the low 40's overnight! What happened all of a sudden? Wonder if we will go from a/c to heat without any time for open windows....

Hi Cris, like the new avi!!!!!

Michelle sorry you have a heavy heart today.

Tante how nice of you to give some dishes to your niece. I had a bunch of dish sets from my Mom and gave some sets to younger son when he was in the process of getting his divorce and starting over since his x took all the kitchen things.

Bob is over at ds#1 place helping with a bathroom remodel, wonder if any sparks are flying, they both blame each other for being so stubborn in doing things, actually they both are stubborn

Mandi sorry you had a creepy person for a customer. Good thing your next one was wonderful! How is Brianna doing in school?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

it was tough this morning but I do feel better

the sun came out but its pretty crisp still! ......we got all the outdoor stuff stored for winter and the roses cut back .....now we're taking skylar pumpkin picking!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

Michelle!!!!!! These anniversaries can be so tough emotionally on us! Hope you have a day of love and joy with your children and famly,,,,it's the best antidote, I've found, for days like this.

Morning,,,,,,,,,,er afternoon LOL.

some housework, some groceries,,,,,,and maybe Disney tonight!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

had a great time picking pumpkins! Skylar is such a sweetie! (pics on fb) ......the weather wasnt too bad since it wasnt windy (50 and cloudy)

Im making city chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner

tonight adam and I are going to the movies again and bob is watching the 1st playoff game

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

have fun at disney holly!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

what movie did ya see michelle?

whats everyone been up to? ive been working on a mini album. im using graphic 45 playtimes past papers. its coming out cute!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

we saw pitch perfect ......so good!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

and the tigers won!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

glad the day turned out nice for you Michelle!! awesome on dinner out and the movies!!

Cris cant wait to see the mini whos the mini for for?

Holly have fun at Disney!!

nothing going on here. me and matt are gonna watch the voice together as soon as he gets off the phone helping a friend out with his computer.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Hi, y'all! I had a good day, because I had a good night.

I went to my SU party. I bought a punch and some stuff for my score board.

We pulled topics for Christmas. I pulled seasons. I just have to pick one and do a double layout kit for each of the 8 ladies attending. When we leave at the end of the party we'll have 8 double page layouts made. We'll also eat well and leave with 7 new recipes!

My sis-in-law made shrimp fettucine, garlic bread, cake with custard sauce, and two kinds of cookies. So good!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Kim, I voted!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning. Crazy Saturday. DS's soccer games started back up. DS scored a goal!!!! A thought out-take-control-of-the-b all goal! He looked good.

Thank you voting Tante!!! It's killing me not to know what votes everyone has! But it's been fun and I am almost done with the first draft. Should be done this week. Then polish it up.

MIchelle, glad you liked the card! I enjoyed making it. Yeah and movies, dinner and families!

Tante, that SU party sounds fun and the food founds delish!!!

Holly that is crazy about the mailbox post! Red? And they painted it for you. Wow.

Cris can't wait to see your mini. What kind are you making? Love your hair cut and your new Avi.

Today is grocery shopping and writing. Kids are off tomorrow and I've already told them all day is writing.

Mandi, did you get snow flurries last night?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

we did get snow flurries yesterday morning it was the talk at work with the customers was kinda funny.

Kim you are kicking butt on the writing way to go!!
Brianna isnt off tomorrow but she is off the 18th and 19th not sure why doesnt say why.

Tante the party sounds like fun!!

work today and not sure what else afterwords probably usually sunday stuff get clothes ready for the week for the girls. I really need 1 day of cutting with the cricut so much to cut out its crazy

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning .....might do some scrapping today .....adam is going to visit grandma (bob is going with) then he has to be at his conference by 5 today and not sure when he'll be done tonight .....so no fun fam activities

tante that SU party sounds wonderful!

good going on your writing kim!

mandi make sure you keep that snow cause we're not ready for it!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon,

Brrr, feels like winter to me - 47. May have to turn the heat on as tomorrow is still suppose to be cold.

Michelle glad you had a good day yesterday.

Tomorrow being a holiday for some, Bob will be home. Schools are open though.

Just noticed that our Costco opens Nov. 9th. They are starting to offer memberships now - $55 a year but I noticed they don't take credit cards like Visa and Master. They do American Express and their own - that stinks as I will not open another account for a credit card, guess it will be check or cash, hmmmmm...I would image they will have some sort of free guest pass to see what they have and if it will be worth it to pay the membership fee based on our buying habits.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

managed to do some scrapping ......2 calendar pages and a card .....used my new MME christmas goodies

dinner is chicken n dumplings .....perfect for a crisp fall day

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

I can smell the turkey,having dinner today...

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Mini, is it today or tomorrow Canada's Thanksgiivng? Have a happy one!!!! What else are you having besides turkey?

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Thanksgiving is Monday here.Alot have dinners today.Were also having lazy cabbage rolls,potatos,stuffing,be an salad.oh ya pumpkin pie.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Yummy! What are lazy cabbage rolls? We have made regular cabbage rolls I think........

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

the rice and bacon,shread the cabbage or sauerkraut,just mix it up,toss it in the oven.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

That sounds so much easier. We do the boiling of the cabbage head, taking it apart, putting the rice, ground beef, etc., and then wrapping them all up.....

Enjoy your meal!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

so easy,hense why it's called "lazy",usually we buy a sour head of cabbage,peal the leaves off addthe rice and bacon, put in roaster,cook.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

that sounds super easy we always did it like Jane said.

Dinner sounds wonderful Mini and Michelle.

matt suprised me with dinner from buffalo wild wings. was busy back to back with appts was super tired when got home. AND he let me have 30 minutes in the scrappy room so I got 1 thing cut lol i sound pathetic lol. it was mater though with all his layers what a pain lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Hi, y'all!

Happy Thanksgiving, Mini! I may have to try those lazy cabbage rolls. Tell me more about it. Do you cook the rice and bacon before adding them to the cabbage?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

its monday ......routine stuff here .... laundry, vacuum & pantry ......but adam will be home for dinner

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Happy Thanksgiving, Mini! Your dinner sounds delish! OMGoodness, I can't believe we are talking about Thanksgiving already!

Kids are home today, parent teacher conferences. I have DS's at 10:30. Hopefully it will be a positive one. He has been bringing home some really good grades so far and his progress report was all As and 1 B. I don't think his teacher last year was very...how do I say this, she was nice but maybe she wasn't that engaged...she is not teaching this year...I don't know...we'll see how this goes today.

Michelle, it's wonderful you have Adam home! Fixing something fun for dinner?

I really wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend but it's suppose to be 89 degrees Saturday and Sunday!!! Hard to find that fun fall spirit when it's that bloomin' hot.

Thanks for continuing to vote, everyone, I know it's kinda dragging out but Thursday is the last day. I'm almost to 400 likes, I don't know if the equates to votes or not but I like seeing that...it's actually 367 so sorta close to 400.

More writing today. Not very productive yesterday so I need to make up for it today.

Jane, what is your weather like today? We are cool right now and high of 74 and then the rest of the week it just gets hotter and hotter. DH is left for NYC this morning. They are having a Leadership Conference. It' nice today but I think it gets pretty cold the rest of the time he is there.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Michelle thats awesome he is home for dinner whats for dinner then at yoru house

Kim I understand cant really get into fall spirit when its that hot what a bummer. hope you have a good day writing and ds's parent conference goes well.

its pretty cold here too today said it was suppose to get up to 66 but right now i dont believe it. its cold and gloomy right now

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

fairly productive morning cleaning and scrapping ....dinner is started ....country ribs in the crock pot.....now Im headed to the pantry

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Yipeeeee!!! The conference was the best we've ever had!! Both teachers were VERY complimentary on his manners, his participation in class. His grades are awesome, his reading is right where it needs to be. Math, SS and Sci are excellent, A+ for both SS and SCI and A for Math, reading, language arts. Minor behavior issues but nothing to signal more than 8 year old boy behavior. (Mostly annoying one little girl in particular, mmmmm) I need to celebrate!!!!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon everyone!

Cold and dreary again today with rain - 49. Turned on the heat and even had the gas logs on downstairs for awhile and it is only the start of October!!! Suppose to be cool all week with rain off and on.

Kim so nice that ds has been doing so well in school. Makes you feel good doesn't it!!

Michelle your dinner sounds good and how nice Adam will be there too!!!!!!!

Mandi how nice of Matt to bring home food for you when finished with work!

Mini Happy Thanksgiving day to you!

Think we will have Chinese for dinner as Bob is off today. So far he has hung a picture for me.

Hi Cris, Tante and Holly.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Kim thats awesome news yes celebrate!!!

Michelle your dinner sounds amazing!!!

dinner here is bacon and eggs

happy thanksgiving Mini!!

managed to get a few lads of laundry washed thats about it.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

kim Im doing the happy dance for you!

jane glad bobs getting so much done for you!

mandi I love breakfast for dinner! I bought stuff to make egg mcmuffins this week!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

Thanks everyone for the Thanksgiving wishes..

Hope everyone is doing well..

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

where is holly????????

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Glad everyone had a good day and thanks. DS is pretty happy with his performance at school.

I have been writing, rewriting and polishing all day. My head is killing me and my neck hurts. I may try going to bed when DD goes tonight. Doggie will just have to cross his legs until morning. LOL

Not sure where Holly went. She was here the other day.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi everyone!

sorry about your head and neck kim.. i bet some sleep will help! have you any idea of how many votes you have? last time i seen the facebook likes it was over 300..which is awesome!! i went and looked at a few of the next stories after yours.. hardly any likes at all! man..i am really pulling for ya!

michelle.. how was your dinner tonight? how long is adam staying?

hi mini..happy thanksgiving!

hi tante, hi jane, hi mandi, hi holly!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nuskrappa

I've been holding at 368 likes most of the day. I don't know if that translates into votes or not. It would be nice if it did. Thank you for all your kind words and your encouragement, Cris. I'm afraid everyone will get busy and forget, but then again, I've said it was in God's hand His will be done. I've searched trying to see where others stand, I'm sure I haven't seen all 700 entries but I would say pretty close. I found one with 5,400 likes! I didn't enjoy the story, but that's just me it's a Historical and I'm not a big fan of those. She has been a twitter user for some time I guess and has over 700 followers so I'm sure that helps.

Then I found one with a little over 1,000 likes. The rest are much lower than mine. There has to be some between my 368 and the one with a 1.000 but I haven't found them yet.

I'm off to bed. I'll talk to you all in the morning.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

nite kim! feel better

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good morning .....today is the last day of adams conference so he will be going home ......was sooooo nice having him here!

I will be cleaning house today, finishing laundry and hopefully some scrapping as well!

kim I hope a good nights sleep helped your aches! ....Ive been voting right along and really hope you win!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning! Yes a good nights sleep and I feel right as rain.

Thank you for voting, Michelle!! I've made my peace with what ever the out come is. If I don't actually win the contest but still have high votes that can attract the editors attention. They said last year they picked up 6 new authors who didn't final in the contest but caught their eye. I will be thrilled with that as well. So thank you for voting and supporting me.

I think I'm the ONLY Texan who didn't watch the football game last night! My goodness that's all anyone is talking about!! I was protesting as they took off my one night of TV that enjoy to show the game...

Hope you get some scrap time today. I'm going to fold clothes and get that done. It's a bit overwhelming! I have 3 baskets to fold.

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 10-09-12 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi,

Still waiting for the sun to come out! It is 50 at the moment.

It is hard when the weather changes like this and you have to start wearing warmer clothes, can't decide what to wear with what (lol). Did go to JCP's today and bought a pair of shoes (Clarks) black with a heel, looks good with slacks and they feel comfy.

Kim I vote for you every day and hope you win! I can't wait to read more........

Michelle sorry it is time for Adam to head back, but with the holidays coming up no doubt he will be home more....

Bob went back on site today and will be gone until Thursday afternoon. He did get a few things accomplished for me, not as much as I would have liked, but will take what he did without complaints (lol).

I need to wash all the sheets, etc., on the bed today, another one of those necessary jobs, plus need to finish dusting (ugh).

Off to take Benji out and find something to eat for lunch.

Hi Cris, Mandi, Mini, Tante and Holly.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Michelle hope you are able to get some scrapping done today!! sorry its time for Adam to leave BUT like Jane said holidays are coming up!!!

Kim I hope you win as well.

sun just came out but pretty cold and windy. havent accomplished much oh well

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

no scrapping ....not really in the mood .....but I did clean the kitchen and scrub the microwave (why do I let it get so bad????), finished the laundry, vacuumed and shampooed the carpet (another doggie accident UGH)

nice day here .....sunny and 60

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Howdy. Jane, thanks for all the voting! I appreciate the support and I'm now at 420!!!

For the record I do know the difference between piece and peace, you just wouldn't know it from my post this morning.

Michelle, sounds like you were busy this today. Hope you're having a good night.

Our weather is a roller coaster right now. We are on the up swing into the high 80s. I hate it.

One day of karate down, one soccer practice and one more karate to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and sleeps good.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm so happy for your great parent-teacher conference, Kim!

Well, my test the other day showed "irregularities" and narrowing in the tube connecting one of my kidneys to the bladder. It may be the cause or the effect of my frequent bladder infections. When he does the cystoscope on Nov. 5 he'll do another picture and will have more info for me.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics