Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Briannasmom

Good afternoon,

Cloudy and gloomy today!

Tante glad you got a good report from your test!!!

Michelle glad your headache is gone! Next Monday is a holiday so Bob will be home Friday thru then!
He has a headcold at the moment so hoping I don't get it, he didn't feel that great all last weekend.

Hi Mandi, when at M's yesterday noticed they had all their rubber and clear stamps on sale - buy one, get one free plus they had a whole bunch of brand new Christmas stamps.

Hi Kim, glad you got a new cord for your computer. They are expensive and so are battery replacements for laptops, ugh!!!!!!

Glad I did early voting, and as far as who will win will keep my comments to myself in order not to offend anyone who thinks differently on which direction are Country is going.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

even though today is national nacho day we will be having salmon patties and blue box mac n cheese for dinner since we had mexican yesterday

cloudy and overcast here again .....and cold .....but we have a warm up on the way .... may hit 60 this weekend

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to melissadam

It is dark already!
Do.not.like.this.time.changing, makes you feel like you have no evening anymore.

Slow day, did a load of wash, put some stuff away, bought a few more Christmas gifts. This being gone for one week next month makes you have to manage time better. Went to Kohls as had $30 worth of Kohls bucks, $10 gift card along with 15% off card...

Michelle your dinner sounds good. I am having the boys over Friday night for dinner and have no idea what to make, the older one is so picky...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to OnlyJane

Still bright here, but then our time is 4:40. Meat loaf and french fries and green beans here. Of course that is rushed before Karate. I'll be sitting in the Dojo when the speculations and exit polls start...I feel like I'm running! LOL

I've been working on the Dec Daily but not sure I like it very much. Too many small cuts and making things work. Very cute but file folders are not universal in size so it makes it hard.

I'll write tonight at the Dojo if I can keep my mind focused.

Glad your headache went away, Michelle. Did you and Bob enjoy another day off?

DH is planning on taking some days off the middle of the month and going to NYC/NJ with our church for disaster relief. I guess I can't get upset at that, but it sure is hard. I'm feeling a bit selfish. Just don't see much of him since he took this new job. It's as I expected and 8:00 or after most nights. Haven't sat down to family dinner during the week in at least a month. Very frustrating. Sorry, I don't mean to whine. I am very grateful for the blessings God has given us/me...just miss spending time together.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Scrapingbliss

Mandi, check out your school district's web site to see the policy on excused absences. Some districts only excuse for illness when there's a dr.'s excuse. Of course, you don't bring your child to the dr. every time she's ill, but if your child has been ill for several days in a row or on many days here and there, they expect you to bring the child to the dr. at some point. There are often exemptions to the policy. If a chid is successful academically and the parent says the child was ill, but they gave them otc medicine, that child will probably still be promoted. There is sometimes a limit of days for a death in the family, but if it means a trip across the country and the parents decide to stay for a few extra days, that can probably be appealed. I hope this helps.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to johnsusan8

good morning ....cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming today .....charlie has a groomer appt at 1 so I may go shopping then .....maybe I will get a little scrappy time too???

kim I think its wonderful that martin is going to do disaster clean up! .....but I understand how you feel about him being gone ....its ok to whine here and we understand

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I think it's wonderful too, and I couldn't be prouder of the loving, giving man he is...but it would be easier to swallow if he was home more.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Interesting info on the Ebosser, looks like it's back in stock on HSN, 3.6 stars out of 5. A lot of people like it but...the issue I had is a typical problem...everyone of the bad reviews was for the exact same thing I had a problem with, backing out the dies, getting jammed, not embossing the entire page.

Early release at school, not sure why but the kids are happy.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I have accomplished nothing this morning .....playing slingo on fb

kim Im so glad HSN refunded your $ .....Im still shocked at the horrible customer service you got from the manufacturer especially now that you know others were having the same issue! SHAME on them!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

wow Kim I;m also glad they refunded your money too. and theres others having that problem too should have better customer service.

and I understand rant whine whenever you want we are all here to listen. But thats awesome he is going to help.

havent accomplished anything either. I need to get some scrapy stuff don though and pick up the house a bit from toys lol.
BUT about to go lay ont he couch with Brooke. she got the nose flu vaccine the other day and her voice is horse now and feverish

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Once again, cold and damp out, oh well.

Need to do some cleaning and do a load of wash, so exciting

Enjoy your day!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

rather non productive day all together ....and my headache is back

dinner is mushroom stuffed chix breast and twice baked potatoes .....thank you market day!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Library scrapping on Friday and a scrappy workshop on Saturday. Things are looking up!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning .....frost on the ground this morning and in the 20s .....supposed to get to 50 though .....I need to color my hair then run some errands before heading to the inlaws to "babysit" .....and my headache is back

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Hope you feel better Michelle!!!

Tante sounds like a nice weekend of scrapping have fun

today is parent teacher conference then run a few errands then back home to hopefully relax before work.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hello,

Cold this morning, 35, may make it up to 50 today. By Sunday, 70 - unreal with this up and down trend.

Michelle this has not been a good week for you as headaches go...enjoy your baby sitting job. How is mil doing since her sister left?

Mandi, oh I remember the school conferences in the lower grades, but it is great your going. So many parents don't bother to go.

Stopped at Target today after getting hair done, it was a zoo, people seem to be getting an early start to the holidays I guess.

Tante enjoy your scrapping.

Hi Kim, Cris, Mini.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to OnlyJane

Good morning! Beautiful, sunny but warm day here.

I've been busy stirring up trouble over on facebook. Just felt the need, not sure if I will have many friends after this.

Michelle, I hope you feel better. Do you think all the headaches are due to stress? Are you babysitting MIL? How are her treatments going?

Mini, how much snow did you get?

Hi, Cris! How ya doing?

Holly, are you back yet?

Hi, Jane, hi mandi!

Not much going on here. Same old stuff, LOL.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

hi girls ......I was babysitting MIL & FIL ......she has started having a reaction to her treatments .....vomitting and diarrhea ......doc called in a script that is helping but FIL is freaking out and being a total pain frankly! .....the new med is helping and I was able to get her to eat some soup and drink some ensure .....when she was ready for a nap she sent me home to take care of my headache .....and yes kim Im sure they are stress induced

sun is out and its warming up

kim I read what you posted an fb and I can say you were eloquent and honest and I see NOTHING wrong with what you said or how you said it .....I will ALWAYS be your friend regardless of politics!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Thank you, Michelle! That means so much to me. I tossed and turned all night about it and prayed over the words. I felt the need to post that after several things were said to me yesterday publicly and in a private message. And just things that have been posted all long that let go. I feel better after saying it.

That's good the new meds are helping your mil and great that you got her to eat!! That is probably a big hurdle. I wish there was something I could to help. Still in my prayers.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I"m clueless in whats going on Kim. I guess I should check FB more often huh lol.

Glad to hear the meds are helping mil Michelle and you got her to eat. Hope the headache is better!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

It was nothing major, Mandi. Just long time friends posting things over the last few months. A simple comment that I made yesterday drew some comments from both sides and a private message. You really didn't miss much. I try not to allow things to get ugly.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

well i just became your friend i thought we were on fb weird lol. but i just seen what you wrote. I dont think it as offensive or anything.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Thank you, Mandi. I appreciate that very much. Yes, I accepted your friend request. By the way, how did the conference go at school? LOL I always get nervous before those things.

I'm off to pick up DD from school. Talk to you later.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

the conference went REALLY WELL. i was so relieved and being the emotional person I am I cried a bit too. just a HUGE breath of fresh air sorta speak then from last yr. Her reading level is soaring teacher thinks she will exceed the reading level number they are looking for at the end of the yr her math skills arent too great but not a huge concern. the teacher had a system of 20 points she was looking for for this far and she got an 18 she needs more pratice on writing and the teacher is willing to help her and me figure it out.

I;m very proud of her!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Did you guys hear it????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Did you hear my scream all the way from Dixie?????????????

I got an email from the Senior Editor at American Romance Line of Harlequin Romance...she liked my first chapter and wants to read the rest of my novel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! I have not stopped crying, dancing and floating. I can not believe it. Obviously it doesn't mean it will be published but it is a very, very good indication and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Kim OMG that is AMAZING I;m so happy for you!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

so happy for you kim!!!!!!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

oops I almost forgot .....mandi thats wonderful about brianna! .....so glad this year is going better for her!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Thank you both!!! I just keep looking at the email and smiling. I just got off the phone with my critique partners. They are ready for my rush of chapters. My goal is to get it to her no later than the end of the year. But I'm shooting for Dec 15th.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Was that your scream I heard here in TN Kim? What wonderful news - congrats.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

I thougd heard something...

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to miniscraper

congrats kim..that is really great!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

You heard the scream, too Mini Kim covered many miles from Texas to Canada to TN!!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to nuskrappa

Hi Cris,

How is work going so far this week? Gosh, tomorrow is TGIF already, the days seem to be flying by lately and before we know it, the holidays will be here.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to OnlyJane

Kim, you're a superstar!

Mandi, you must be proud of your girl. Tell her Tante said, "Good job!"

We visited Bennett today. He's got an upper respiratory infection, but it seems his ear tubes are doing well. The gunk at his eyes is disgusting, though. My poor baby.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ....another headache ....busy day today .....mel has a doc appt and we are going to lunch and shopping

poor bennett .....I just hate it when the little ones are sick

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning! Thank you for all the good wishes! I'm still floating in the clouds. But I need to get writing again, so here I sit at my desk ready to go. Just wanted to say good morning.

Mandi, I'm so glad Brianna is doing better this year! I think as it gets harder she will be even more engaged! I think some children thrive when it gets harder. I know DS has done that, although he has slipped the last couple of weeks. I hope he can get back on track.

Michelle, good luck to Mel at the doctor's today. Hope it's some good updates and have fun shopping.

Tante, I hope Bennett feels better. Poor baby. It's so hard when they don't feel well and they don't understand.

Yes, Jane, Mini, that was my shout you heard. I've been holding that puppy in for many, many years just waiting for that moment. And if you think that one was loud just wait until I get the email with the contract offer!

Hope you all have a good day!

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 11-09-12 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

morning ladies

Kim I bet you are good luck writing I know you can do it.
and you might be right cause sometimes just her homework alone she is done within 10 minutes adn other times it takes her a bit longer but she is fully ingaged in it at that point.

Tante thank you i will tell her. and sorry to hear abotu Bennett. poor baby.

Michelle good luck with the dr appt hope it goes well have fun shopping and lunch out.

today is laundry and get some scrappy stuff done christmas stuff i;m working on.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi,

Just running around the house like crazy this morning, cleaning, putting stuff away, etc., with younger son and dil coming over for dinner tonight. Not sure why I feel the need to clean, after all this is his family home so I don't need to impress him (lol).

Cold start this morning, 35, but almost 50 now and plenty of sun.

Michelle so sorry your having so many headaches. Enjoy your lunch and shopping with Mel. Hope the dr.'s visit is a good one!

Tante sorry Bennett has an infection. When having my hair done yesterday they were all talking about how there is a nasty stomach bug going around, great it is already bad with everyone having colds right now.

Mandi forgot to say how wonderful that Brianna is doing good at school!!!! Way to go Brianna.....

Kim get busy now finishing your novel and remember we all want to read it.......

Well, back to finishing the cleaning......

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

if you can Kim,give me a heads up and I'll make sure any breakables are secure...lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

mels appt went well .....her count is down again but still in normal range (which is exactly what is expected) .....he dropped her steroids down to 6 mg and she goes back next fri

we didnt really shop so much as pick up things we each needed and run errands ....neither of us felt much like "fun" shopping ....I was hoping for a nap but that didnt happen

I did manage to make 2 cards this morning before we left .....Im pretty pleased with them

dinner is shrimp and mashed potatoes

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi everyone!

glad to hear mels counts are down michelle! is she feeling better?

kim..i am so happy for you!! i cant wait to read the whole book!

oh yeah.. kim.. i decided to do that kathy orta file folder mini. i made the base of it last weekend.. then i watched a couple more of the videos about making the pockets and stuff. i havent been this excited while working on anything in a long time. so when i get to my room tonight ill start with the decorating.

what is everyone up to this weekend?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nuskrappa

Did you see the other videos, Cris? I think there was 7 total (with the supply list one)

Mine is on hold. I got 15 Christmas cards made and the file folder part way done. Don't think I'll get much more. I can't wait to see how it turns out! What paper are you using.

Got some writing done. Sat at the computer from 8:55 until 2:00. Then from 3:30 until it was time to make dinner at 6:00. The rewrites are so hard because now I have to figure out ways to ditch the cliches, find creative ways to say the same things over and over...pounding heart, thunder of her heartbeat...you get it. My head is pounding right now but it's a good pounding and I'm still in disbelief.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

wow kim! sounds like you got your work cut out for you!! but you can do it!

i noted that there were 7 videos..i dont think i watched all of them. but im ready now. im not quite decided on my papers. maybe merrymint and christmas from american crafts or i have a pad by k&co (i think it is peppermint twist)..it has a bunch of die cuts. now that i am looking at them.. i think i will use the k&co.

if you need any help with sayings or phrases..just holler at us and we'll see what we can come up with!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

scrappy goodness going on today and writing I love it.

Kim sounds like you made some headway with the writing good for you!!

Michelle glad the appt went well and you got to make cards this morning before leaving.

I was able to finish up my altered photo booxes for my aunt she ordered from me. now to work on everything else on my list haha

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to CommaHolly

just had a bunch of teenagers try to break into my apt. I seen them when i left for work and they were still there when i got home only that time they were digging thru the cigarette butts they ran inside when they seen me then they walked around the buildings and just now tried to break in i couldnt catch them in time they ran to 3rd floor and went somewhere just called the police though. gotta wait for them now. will be calling the office when i get a brake at work tomorrow.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Oh my goodness, Mandi!! They tired to break in when they knew you were there???? That is scary. What did the police say? I hope you guys are all okay.

Busy day here. Writing, soccer pictures, soccer game, more writing, church and the dinner with some friends we haven't seen awhile.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll try and catch up tomorrow. I know I read some stuff that I was going to comment on but I forgot what! Sorry!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

well it turns out mil wasnt having a reaction to meds but actually had the flu .....fil became ill yesterday ......and lucky me by last evening I was sick as a dog .....Ive been up all night violently ill .....which tells you how run down I was because I normally dont catch everything going around

mandi Im so sorry you had that experience! hope the police catch them!

good luck writing today kim!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I;m not sure if they knew we were home or not but when they realized someone was here they starting swearing and ran off. i dont think the police found them cause about 30 minutes later i heard them outside walking around again screaming and yelling. I;m guessing one if not all lives here cause our place is key access.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

oh mandi..thats scary!! were they trying to break into your apartment or the apartment building? you never know about kids these days..be careful!!

man michelle... i sure hope you feel better soon!! i had an awful bug like that once..it just went from person to person and it was like all of a sudden you were throwing up like no tomorrow. it was awful. i feel for ya. i hope you can get some rest. hows bob and mel?

hey kim.. did you buy the tutorial for this file folder thing? im thinking about buying it because she confuses me sometimes when im watching the videos. lol if you did get it..ill paypal you half the money if youll share it with me. lol

its sunny and windy here today..but beautiful! i fell asleep in my chair this morning so i am just now in my room ready to play. what are yall up to?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

oh gosh michelle Im sorry you arent feeling well. we posted just a minute after each other. please take care of yoruself and try to rest as much as you can.

Cris it was my apartment. I think atleast one to the kids live in my building. I told the office as well and they didnt seem very eager to help out find the issue oh well. the building itself is key entry. dumb kids lol

what kind of scrapping you doing Cris?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi mandi! im working on a file folder mini.. its a paper phenomenon project.. theres videos on youtube on how to do it.

im sorry about the stupid kids. hopefully the police will catch them!

what are you up to?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

oh yeah thats right I forgot you were working on that duh.

not much going on here i need to cut some tags so i can get some tags done either tonight or during the week not much else really going on here. girls r playing hi ho cherrio right now

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good evening,

Not sure what I did today (lol), it was one of those laid back Saturdays. Bob has a horrible sinus infection so he is snorting and sneezing all over, ugh!!!

Michelle sorry your sick. Get lots of rest. Like I said, around here there is a nasty stomach bug making the rounds making people super sick and it is highly contagious!!!

Mandi that is scary with some kids trying to break in - hope the police can catch them, no doubt they will mess up and be caught before too long.

Cris, have fun working on the album. How is Bill feeling these days?

Edited by ScouterJane on 11-10-12 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Mandi thats horrible
Michelle,feel better.

Anybody have the fiskars Fuse?? M's had a demo today..me likey.

oh got the farmers market for Dec 1...back to cards.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Wow, Mandi, be extra careful, please!

Michelle, sorry you're feeling bad. You have to rest; you've been doing so much.

Kim. nose to the grindstone, lady.

Yesterday was a lucky day for us. John and his friend did very well hunting. I went to play video poker and won $100. While I was there, they had a drawing and I won $25. That covered my fee for the scrappy class last night. In the mail we got a check for $200 for John's small part of a family land lease. The check engine light on the car went off by itself. Wow, not too many days like that.

We made 2 double page layouts at the class. She gave us a paper pack, embellishments, and 4 extra die cut pages. We used some of the paper, but still had lots of extras. My friend had lots of extras she was selling, too. I got a punch for $5, 10 sheets of pp for $1, and a set of mirrored embellishments for $1. (Still less than my $25 winnings from the drawing.)

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

wow Tante sounds like a very lucky day for you guys for sure!!!

my monthly friend decided to show its self last night and today not feeling very good i;ve got cleaning to do and such

yesterday was a nice day worked on a regular client of mine and he is in the cooperate world high end boss and they get free turkeys he's giving me the turkey cause its just him and his wife and his brother this yr very nice of him adn then olive garden for dinner they were doing a veterans dinner for free for service members then tonight a burger place is doing free dinner as well so we will go out to eat again tonight. oo and we think we may have found a realitor for next yr when we start looking at houses. small world really.

Tante you made out really well

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

well for the first time since fri eve I am out of bed and dressed .....still not back to normal but better

mandi Im so glad you were able to enjoy some of the vetrans meals ....many places here are doing that as well and I think its wonderful!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi,

Windy, rain expected anytime now with dropping temps. through out afternoon (63 at moment).

Michelle that bug must have really gotten hold of you. Glad your up and feeling a little better...continue taking it easy.

Mandi how nice that some of the eateries give free meals to veterans, you all certainly deserve it and much more too!

So far today haven't gone anywhere, just not in the mood to get out among everyone shopping, etc. Goodness knows there is plenty of things to do around the house.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Michelle keep taking it easy. glad you are up moving around a bit!!!

Jane its cold and snowy here today brrr lol. I cant seem to warm up shesh.

managed to wash a few dishes still a few more to go adn get dipes in the wash thats about it. gonna head to the scrappy room and se what else i can knock off my list.

my aunt is coming the first wk in december got her flight info so thats exciting

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Hi, y'all!

Nothing going on around here. I had my usual no sleep night last night. I slept from 8:30 to 11:30 this morning. I'm going to make an apt. with my gp soon. I can only concentrate on one problem at a time, it seems! lol

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

Saw a few ads for black friday.....Honestly little disapointed for ya..

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

howdy!

michelle..im glad that you were able to get out of bed today and are feeling a little better.

hi tante.. sorry you are still having trouble sleeping. wish i could help!

hi mini.. do you remember which black friday ad you saw? im pretty sure that i dont need anything that day but i still like to look at the ads.

hi kim, hi jane, hi holly, hi mandi!

im taking a personal day off work tomorrow. so i am scrapping tonight. yay!! bill is off tomorrow night..and i havent told him that i am off tomorrow, so i dont know if he will want to do anything. ok, im gonna get back to it..finally got my table cleared a little so i can work.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to nuskrappa

I saw the M's ad AC Moore,Walmart if you put in black friday 2012 ads tons of websites come up.I assume these are the real ad.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

ok..thanks mini!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to nuskrappa

the only thing that caught my eye that i;m gonna go to M;s for is the cuttlebug. Brianna would get my old one and i would get the new one. on sale for 40% off and theres an additional 30% off so would be a killer deal. I was a bit dissapointed too cause last yr was some awesome deals BUT at the same time i;m glad too cause my checkbook is happier HAHA

Cris hope you have a great day off work tomorrow!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Black Friday - I'm staying home!

We may be going to Natchez, Mississippi, the Monday after Thanksgiving. An old elegant hotel has winter rates of $69 a night. There are 2 casinos, lots of good food, beautiful plantation homes, and the hotel has a courtyard, two nice restaurants and a bar with an oldies but goodies jukebox. I hope our friends can make up their minds soon!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ....feeling better today ....still not planning to do much though ......need to make a couple bday cards

havent seen any black fri ads and Im not really interested either .....IMO its just one more thing thats been over-hyped and turned into something ridiculous and actually dangerous

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning!! I've come out of my office for a tiny bit. LOL I've had some really good writing days.

Michelle, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I agree, take it easy, you are doing way too much. I don't do Black Friday either. I know it's a tradition in a lot of families, but when I see the crowds fighting and mobbing each other I'm just glad to be home.

Tante, how did you sleep last night? Your after Thanksgiving trip sounds like fun! It's nice to have something to look forward to after a big event or holiday.

Jane, did it cool off after the rain? We got the rain Sunday night and it was only in the 60s yesterday and last night was downright cold, 39.

Mandi, anymore trouble with the teens?

Mini, yeah on more card making. So cool you can make cards and sell them.

DH is in NYC, arrived yesterday. They didn't see a whole lot but what they did he said was just awful. They will be helping to clean up one street, I forget where he said it was.

Hope you guys all have a great day! Talk to you later.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

morning ladies.
we dont really do black friday either just a crazy mad dash of cranky people I;d much rather avoid.

Tante sounds like a wonderful trip after thanksgiving.

Michelle glad you are still gonna rest up

Kim hows the writing going? glad your dh made it safely in nyc

no more trouble with teens I havent seen them actually since that night. we will see how the weekend goes.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Cold start this morning, 30, brrr - it is nice and sunny now and 43.

Mandi that deal on the cuttlebug sounds great, hope you can get one for that price.

Kim glad you have had some good writing days and also that dh made it safely to NY.

Michelle glad your feeling much better today, don't overdo. I don't do Black Friday either, think I did one time and that was enough for me - people yanking things right out of others hands...some Christmas spirit, right? More stores this year seem like they are opening earlier on Thanksgiving evening. Walmart specials seem to start at 8pm for some stuff, 10 pm for other stuff and they claim if you are in line you will get the product that is advertised at that time. Now, what do they consider how many in line to be (lol).

Cris enjoy your day off.

Tante hope your friends decide to go to Mississippi, sounds so neat.

Edited by ScouterJane on 11-13-12 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

I don't do the boxing day shopping up here,I value my life..I can remember working them..People are just nuts!!!Pay was good to stand there and watch how stupid people are.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

another lazy day ....managed to make a couple cards .....and cook dinner (breakfast pizza) ......tomorrow I will return to my normal routine

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi girls!

bill and i hung out today and watched a couple of episodes of a series that we are watching. then we went to a nearby town (its about 25 miles away..lol nothing in between here and there) we drove around for a bit and then went to eat at chilis. i had chicken fajitas which were ok.. ive had much better. and i also had 2 loaded tater skins. they were just ok. overall it was a mediocre dinner but it was great to spend some time with bill!

i never go out shopping on black friday.. but i will get up early if there is something special that i want and try to buy it online. lol thats about as crazy as it gets around here. hehehe

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to nuskrappa

Glad you had a good day and got to spend some time out with Bill even if your meal was so so!!!
Bob wants to go see the new James Bond movie Skyfall so maybe we will actually go sometime this weekend...

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to OnlyJane

thanks jane! it was a good day.

oh ive been meaning to tell you that i love your new avi! i hope you get to go to the movies this weekend!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to nuskrappa

I slept well last night, about 8 hours. It's 1:37 AM now, though, so I don't know about tonight.

Kim, I think it's wonderful of your husband to help out in the Hurricane Sandy aftermath.

We scrapped at the library today. With the 10 pages of pp I bought Saturday, I made 7 layouts. I used some sketches to give me the ideas.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ......sunny but ccccccold here today ......doc appt this morning (check up) .......then grocery shopping ......then housework and maybe some scrapping

glad you slept tante!

cris glad you had a nice day w/bill!

hi everyone else!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Was cold here again this morning, 31 brrrr once again, but another sunny day.

Did some more Christmas shopping this morning, not much, think this year will be gift certificates or good old fashion c-a-s-h!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Michelle hope you are feeling much better today. get some scrappy time in!!

its cold here too

I think for the most part we are done shopping. put matt in charge of his sis gift I;m done trying to please her.

whats everyones plans for thanksgiving?

got mil coming over for dinner and staying the night my aunt comes the next weekend and the girls dont know it yet its a surprise.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

the sun has disappeared .....cloudy has returned ......getting stuff caught up .....fortunately bob was very helpful while I was sick so I didnt have to face a huge mess ......but when going through a pile of stuff I came across a bday card I got from mandi about a week or so ago......its just darling! thanks so much mandi! sorry I forgot to thank you sooner!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

glad he helped you out Michelle. and yoru welcome for the card. no worries!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm almost finished with the kits for our Christmas exchange on Saturday. I may be working on the last day, but it won't be the last minute! lol

Have a great night, everyone!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning ....another cold and cloudy day .....such is nov in MI .....today is anns bday ....as always she is on my mind but today I say it out loud ....I will not be sad but will celebrate that I was fortunate enough to know her and call her friend! and Im so grateful for the role she played in adams life!

Edited by melissadam on 11-15-12 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon,

Beautiful sunny day and warmer, 50 right now! Just got back from getting hair done and a little more shopping.

Michelle that is a wonderful attitude on the anniversary of the death of your friend. No doubt she is smiling down at you today

Better take Benji out and see what needs to be done before Bob gets home.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Not sure if I can post the link here so look at my Facebook and pass it on.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Michelle, Ann is certainly with you today.

I finally broke down and bought some clothes. I bought two pairs of jeans that were the same size as the last two pairs I bought. They must have been made differently or maybe just because they were a different brand, they fit so much better. I also bought two blouses. The jeans and one of the blouses were on sale.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

good morning .....bob is home again today .....in MI it is the "hunters holiday" .....deer season opened yesterday so MANY companies including GM give their employees the day off for a long weekend of hunting .....of course bob doesnt hunt so he just gets another day off

mel has her doc appt this morning .....Im sure that will be fine .....right now we're just trying to get her off the steroids so we can see what happens and decide whats next

so twice lately they have had free shipping here (once daily deal and yesterday fb & twitter) and I am happy to report I showed great restraint and didnt order .......of course both times I filled my cart ready to buy but I never hit the button

kim hows the writing coming?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning! Sorry, I've been MIA lately. I read every morning but just get busy and don't get to post. I've been a tad stressed this week with Martin gone, it was his b-day yesterday, DS's is Sunday. My folks can't afford to go out for his b-day but he want's to go out for his dinner. Karate, soccer, small group, laundry... And I'm sooooo in the writing mode.

Writing is going really good. I was excited to see the editor started following my twitter feed, hope that is a good sign she is interested enough to follow my career... I am missing scrapping, once again I have a started project and can't finish it. My Dec. Daily probably won't happen this year. Cris, did you find out if Kathy has a tutorial for this?

Deer hunting is popular in a lot of states. I know one of the couples from our small group is moving to PA and they were saying that lots of business closed up there for this weekend of deer season.

You would think it would be a big thing here in gun country, and hunters and bow hunters... but nothing closes for hunting. Of course in my opinion, we have challenged deer here... they are nothing like their big, brawny cousins up north and east... our deer are more like slightly overgrown dogs with small mitten racks for antlers.

Good for retrain, Michelle! I too showed restraint, was very proud of myself and then I realized it was payday yesterday and I order over 60.00 worth of Stampin Up stuff. They are the best card stock ever. No question, nice thick, great quality for making cards and so many pretty colors.

Hope all goes well with Mel's appt today and you can all enjoy Bob being home.

Everyone, hope all is well, have a good day. Anyone heard from Holly? Isn't she home yet or is she still up north?

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi,

Sunny again, 55!

Bob is home today, he had a dr's appointment at 11 for routine, blood work, etc., then he was to go back at 1:15 for a bone xray on his shoulder followed by a heart sonogram thing, dr. didn't like his last ekg so wanted another test, apparently there was a spike that showed up so we shall see what he thinks of this test.

Michelle hope all goes well with Mel's appointment.

Kim glad you have been writing and hope you have a nice b-day dinner out.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

mels appt was fine .....counts are holding and he lowered steroids a bit more .....no appt now for a couple weeks because of the holiday but she still has to go for bloodwork next fri and he will call her to tell her her new dosage .....basically so far so good

then bob and I ran errands and went to lunch ....also did a little christmas shopping

dinner is in the crock pot .....bbq beef

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

glad mels appt went fine hope it continues.

Jane hope bobs appt goes well

Kim glad you are in the writing mood and the editor is following your twitter page thats awesome.keep up the good work

feeling kinda blah today. Brooke is sick feverish kinda congested hoping is passes quickly. I;ve still got so much to do but very little time ugh.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I didn't sleep last night again. I slept from about 7:30 to noon, though. Then I had my nails done, went to the bank, and went grocery shopping. I ate a frozen dinner and now have to do the packing of my page kits for tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight. It's party time tomorrow!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hiya!

how are yall doing tonight? im alright. been doing some laundry..folding and more folding, i cleaned up the kitchen a little bit and washed a few dishes. im in my scrappy room but im not sure how long i will stay. kinda just want to chill.

michelle..im glad youre feeling better and that mels counts are holding!

whats everyone doing this weekend?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good morning .....sun is out and theres frost on the ground .... today I have a surprise bday party for my friend from grade school who shares my bday! we are 50 this year .....we have been friends since 4th grade and now live within walking distance of each other

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

howdy!

how is everyone doing today? hope yall had a super fun saturday! i sure wish the weekends werent so short. lol ive been in my room today.. i put away the christmas file folder thingie i was working on. it was taking soo long to do it. i really need to get other stuff done. ill pick it back up soon.. i hate having unfinished projects laying about.

michelle..how was your bday party?

whats everyone been up to?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good morning.....foggy this morning ......supposed to be fairly warm this week (50s) ...the party was great! (pics on fb)

cris did you get anything done last night? .....I really need to finish my calendars! especially my moms since I have to mail it!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

warm this week too here.
and I still need to finish calendars as well. how far along are you Michelle with yours? I have to cut a few things out with the cricut then move on to the last month

super busy at work today we will see how I survive today lol then need to run to the grocery store afterwards fro a few things

Brooke and matt are both sick

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi mandi! hi michelle!

i didnt make any progress on anything. id pick up something work for a few minutes..put it down, then try something else. ugggh. wasted day!

i dont have any gifts made at all. i was going to do a mini for mom.. its sitting unfinished. mini's for my brothers.. 1 sitting..1 not even started. and still nothing for coworkers. im just having a hardtime focusing on anything. blah.

bill has to work extra this week. hes usually off tuesday and wednesday nights. this week he is working wednesday night and has to go in early on thursday. walmart is open all day on thanksgiving. so, i am not sure when we are doing our thanksgiving..but when we do we are having ham. lol (yes.. im a rebel!)

whats everyone up to today?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics