Page 72 of 72 
Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to NMlady

Joy, this one is closing December 2nd or 3rd, so people have their stuff in time for Christmas.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to ScrappyPrincess

And my credit card won't be charged until the show closes, right?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

And happy Black Friday shopping!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Stopping by to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I feel very thankful to have each of you in my life.

I was thinking today that each year I plan on doing the 50 layout contest, get on a roll and fizzle out for some reason. I've only completed 8 layouts all year, plus a few cards. Anyone else have that problem too? At this rate, I feel like I will never come close to scrapping all of the pictures I'd like to!

Yeah.. me too... I need to scrap more... I just uploaded my July 4th LO from some 2006 pics

We are NOT going anywhere this Christmas... so I'm hoping to get some serious scrapping done..

Actually I did a few LOs in Oct when I did that sb play all day event... just need to finish the embellies and upload them

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

DD is DONE for this meet season!!! I'm so so relieved! She did well in the State Championship, but her score was kept kind of low on beam .. it's ok though... she got 3rd place on floor for her session.. Got her PB (personal best) on vault too.

The most important thing is gets to LEVEL UP next year!!! I am SOOOOO relieved! Otherwise, I'm not sure our family can get thru this 'crisis' (everything for this pre-teen is such drama).

I can't tell you how happy I am.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Here's my July LO:
July Baby By Jellyziva

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
DD is DONE for this meet season!!! I'm so so relieved! She did well in the State Championship, but her score was kept kind of low on beam .. it's ok though... she got 3rd place on floor for her session.. Got her PB (personal best) on vault too.

The most important thing is gets to LEVEL UP next year!!! I am SOOOOO relieved! Otherwise, I'm not sure our family can get thru this 'crisis' (everything for this pre-teen is such drama).

I can't tell you how happy I am.

I do believe that our daughters will always give us drama.

Edited by NMlady on 11-23-12 10:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to NMlady

Just a reminder that my Pampered Chef catalog party closes on December 2nd... Get your orders in soon if you need anything or want to purchase anything as a gift for someone.
Thanks for your order Joy!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

Hello Babes!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Our vacation was very peaceful and relaxing. Deer weren't moving much (too warm) but DH did manage to get 1, so we have more meat in our freezer.

I'm back to work today....its crunch time...our company audit will be next Tues & Wed. Once thats over.....I will be able to enjoy the rest of the winter. I can't wait!!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Stopping by to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I feel very thankful to have each of you in my life.

I was thinking today that each year I plan on doing the 50 layout contest, get on a roll and fizzle out for some reason. I've only completed 8 layouts all year, plus a few cards. Anyone else have that problem too? At this rate, I feel like I will never come close to scrapping all of the pictures I'd like to!

I'm the same way....its seems like such a simple goal to reach....but then life gets in the way!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Morning girls....well, I'm here. Not a lottery winner so I didn't head off to the northwoods to live the idealic life of a hermit.

Dang it.....I spent my lunch hour yesterday searching the internet....found the perfect 700 acres to buy. Sigh....guess I'll have to wait to see if that Megamillions ticket I bought will make my dreams come true.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Yep, I wasn't a winner either.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to NMlady

I didn't play the lottery, but my mom did... she didn't win either, or I'd have a new house! LOL

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 12-01-12 09:32 AM

Hi Babes....
I wasn't able to go back and read everything I missed or I wouldn't be up to posting...and I really wanted to say hi to everyone.
I've pretty much been bedridden for most of the year....two bout's of pmeumonia, back to back and now struggling with the fall allergies...I throw up foam all day every day....my shoulder finally bit it, and I've got frozen shoulder syndrome in my left arm now....and I'm still really emotional...they upped my prozac yesterday, and doubled the dose. I'm hoping that helps.
We went to Seaworld for Aubri's 5th birthday, and I spent the entire time crying....who does that? I'm still trying to load the pics to facebook, but it's been going so slow, cuz I'm just not upright much at all....if you've seen the pics, you've probably noticed that I have lost alot of weight....not trying, it's just because I've been so sick. I'm going to try and put up some more seaworld pics today....
My poor kids, I can't even do any christmas shopping, so they are all getting gift cards...and I have Drew and Marissa doing the shopping for Aubri for me.
I didn't do a thing for Thanksgiving, except sleep, several people brought me food. I have one of the kids I raised thru his teen years living with me now...no more living alone.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 12-01-12 09:39 AM
In response to rtay

Alyssa is permanently with Think Factory Media now...and working on the show R&B Diva's...she will be going to Atlanta after the first of the year...but all those women are in LA now, and Alyssa will be on the Red Carpet with them tonite...
this is what I pulled
TV One’s breakout hit reality series, “R&B Divas,” all five original cast members Faith Evans, Nicci Gilbert-Daniels, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt are currently in Los Angeles filming scenes for season two.

The ladies of “R&B Divas” will collectively appear at actress Sheryl Lee Ralph’s World AIDS Day benefit, the 22nd Annual Divas Simply Singing.

At the musical extravaganza that will take place at L.A. Live’s Club Nokia, “R&B Divas” cast members Evans and Johnson as are slated to perform their respective singles, with the remaining women singing cover songs.

Sources close to the event reveal that the scenes being shot during Ralph’s event are likely going to be in the first episode of “R&B Divas” second season, which is projected to premiere in early 2013.

They all took her out for her Birthday on Thursday and put her up at the Sheraton with them and sang happy birthday to her....Think Factory bought her a beautiful gown to wear tonite...I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures from this event....they told her she was their little Diva in waiting...LOL....if they only knew, she's been a diva in her mind her whole life.
Okay , I'm gonna lay down and rest a bit, and then try and put some more pictures on Facebook.
Love and miss you all!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to rtay

Rhonda, I am so glad you were up to posting. I have been so worried about you and I see rightly so. I sure wish they could fix you all better. You are just way to young and vibrant to be dealing with these health issues! Loved the pictures you have posted so far of Aubri's birthday trip.

I am not a RPH but I do play one on the phone (just kidding, those questions go to a real RPH) but I thought I'd tell you what they have my mom on for her emotional issues. It is not unusual to have these problems when your body fails you especially when you are so young. Mom would cry all day or get really, really angry. She is on sertraline (zoloft) once a day and buspirone 3 times a day. It really helps her, but when Barry passed she had to be off the meds for 3 days before she could do the crying she needed to do, but other than that it has really been helpful. I know Xanax would also help alot with her anxiety but because of the other narcotic she takes for her pain they don't want to give it to her. I hope they can do something to get you back on a better mood pattern.
Love you Lady!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Dear Ladies,
I have a job interview on Tuesday, will you all please keep me in your prayers? It is for a mid year replacement in a 4th grade classroom. I was one of several selected to interview after the hiring committe had gone through applications. I am very anxious about this as they tend to ask questions about teaching strategies that they have given new names to, names I am not familiar with since I have not taught in the public school in about 11 years, and I get flustered. Also my license expires this year and will be difficult to renew if I don't get this job.

It is also going to be difficult to leave work for this interview. I cannot call out because it is an important day, I am going to say I have an appt to go to during lunch and am not sure how long I will be gone hopefully all the festivities at work will be over and the big wigs will be heading out by then anyway. I think if I'm wearing makeup and have my hair done it is going to be a big giveaway that I am up to something though.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to NMlady

Good luck with the interview Joy! I'll be saying a prayer that it goes well for you and you land the job.

Rhonda!! I'm so happy to hear from you, but so sorry to hear what you've been through this year. I'm glad you have someone living with you now, and pray that you will regain better health soon!

Hi Lisa! My BIL and his boys hunt, and he just called me the other night to see if I wanted a deer or two this year. I'm not the biggest fan of deer, but it's fine in spaghetti sauce, or I'll make sloppy joes and meatballs with it. The kids can't tell the difference.

Shirley, congrats to your daughter on the great job she did at her meet! Love the new layout you posted.

Hi Shannon!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Apparantly, 2012 isn't through with me or my family yet. My mom had to go to the ER Thursday and have surgery Friday for an inflammed gall bladder. She's doing fine thankfully.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DaniKat

Dani, I'm glad to hear your mom is doing okay. I read in another thread that someones friend had died from his gall bladder rupturing. Never knew such a thing could happen.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to NMlady

Hey babes!!! I'm away from the computer for a whole day (at my dad's doing 87 loads of laundry) and so many of the babes stop in ! So happy to hear from Rhonda!!
Rhonda~ I'll be praying for your physical and emotional healing. You are such a sweet lady, I hate to read about all the yucky stuff happening to you! It sounds like Alyssa has found a great job where she really fits in!

Joy~ Good luck with the teaching position! I think there is no more important job than that of a teacher! Except, maybe a mother, who really is also a teacher

Dani~ Sorry to hear about your mom's emergency surgery, but glad to hear all went well, and she's on the mend now. How are the kids doing?? Getting excited for Christmas?

Lisa~ My hubby has been hunting this past week, for the first time in at least 10 years... I told him not to come home without a deer yesterday, but he didn't take me seriously and he came home anyways... without a deer in tow!!! I love Venison. Jerky, Bologna, Tenderloins.. it's pretty much as versatile as beef!

I've been busy getting Christmas shopping done and making Christmas crafts with the boys. I don't feel as stressed about it all this year, which is good.
I hope all you babes have a wonderful day!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Ladies if your address has changed since last year can you update us, please?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

Hey, ladies.. just stopping by to say hi!

This is a crazy week at work and at home. If I survive it, I'll be back to post

Great to hear from you Rhonda! Sorry you're still not feeling well.. but I'm glad your kids are taking care of you!

Joy... how did your job interview go? Hope you got the job... will pray for you..

Dani! After this year, it'll be all good next year on. No trips to hospital, it'll be only good stuff... birthday parties and other celebrations!

Hey, Lisa.. it's ok not to have that 700 acres now.. there's always a next lottery.

Hello, Shannon .. glad you're doing Christmas craft and not stressed about the holidays! Wish I could say the same..

I will be back (yes, and with THAT accent too )

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to jellyziva

Hey ladies... It's been another busy week, but I'm off the next 2 days. I'm going to be sick tomorrow, because I have some sick time I need to use up and we have a LOT of coverage on the schedule, so the boss told me I could take a sick day! YAY!! Hubby is going hunting again tomorrow. It's the last day of rifle season for deer. The boys and I are going to my Mother in laws to bake cookies, because she was planning on watching them while I was working and planned to make cookies with them, So I'll still take them over there for a little while.
Sunday we are going to dinner and shopping with my dad, brother, and 2 sisters in law. It's become a tradition that we look forward to each year.
Hope you all are doing well! Have a great weekend!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Hey babes!!! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Hello ladies!!! How are you all?? We are doing well here. I broke my phone a couple days ago, some of you may have seen it on facebook. We went yesterday to Walmart to get an upgrade on Jakes line, because mine isn't due for an upgrade yet. We were just going to upgrade his phone then when we walk out of the store, switch our sim cards, so I would have the new phone... Minor SNAFU though. The Sim card had to be upgraded too, which means I could not put my card in the new phone, because it just isn't compatible... so my brother told me I can just go to the AT&T store and request a new sim. I'm going to do that here in the next day or two, then hopefully I'll get to have my new phone instead of using Jakes phone (which I hate).
After that, we went to dinner and Shopping with my dad, Brother and Sister in law. We had a great time and got almost all the shopp1ng for our boys done! I just have to pick up a couple things for my nephews and then I'm done! YAY!!
I had better get moving. I gotta get ready for work. I'm closing tonight and we are having a big Sales event tonight, so I imagine it'll be pretty busy. Have a great day everyone!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I had a job interview today, it was for a 2nd grade position. I will know by Monday.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to NMlady

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get the job!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I had a job interview today, it was for a 2nd grade position. I will know by Monday.

Prayers sent your way! Hope you get it!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Hello ladies!!! How are you all?? We are doing well here. I broke my phone a couple days ago, some of you may have seen it on facebook. We went yesterday to Walmart to get an upgrade on Jakes line, because mine isn't due for an upgrade yet. We were just going to upgrade his phone then when we walk out of the store, switch our sim cards, so I would have the new phone... Minor SNAFU though. The Sim card had to be upgraded too, which means I could not put my card in the new phone, because it just isn't compatible... so my brother told me I can just go to the AT&T store and request a new sim. I'm going to do that here in the next day or two, then hopefully I'll get to have my new phone instead of using Jakes phone (which I hate).
After that, we went to dinner and Shopping with my dad, Brother and Sister in law. We had a great time and got almost all the shopp1ng for our boys done! I just have to pick up a couple things for my nephews and then I'm done! YAY!!
I had better get moving. I gotta get ready for work. I'm closing tonight and we are having a big Sales event tonight, so I imagine it'll be pretty busy. Have a great day everyone!

Yes, Shannon, AT&T will just give you a new SIMS card... if you have a smartphone, make sure you backup your data at home at your computer first.

Yaya for getting Christmas shopping done!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I had been dealing with some muscle spasm issues.. I was in such horrible pain I had to go to the ER on Sun. This whole week was filled with doctor's appt.

Anyway, I"m seeing a new PT in additional to the pain doctor. The new PT thinks my IT band pain was misdiagnosed, and thinks it's my spinal bones that are having some issues. It feels kind of right now that I'm sure where the pain is. Let's see if this helps. Still perplexed about the upper body muscle spasms, but it's under control after my pain doctor poked those (more ouch).. anyway perhaps it's TMI.

Today I read the news and is so saddened by the senseless shooting. I am so thankful my kids are safe and sound and I am just hugging them a little harder.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to jellyziva

Hope they get you figured out and fixed up soon Shirley, I couldn't even imagine living in that kind of pain, day in and day out! Love and prayers to you!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Thanks, Shannon! My pain doctor got me in for another dry needling and that fixed the spasm thought the muscle damage is probably going to take a while to heal. I was in Vallium for the spasms and that totally knocked me out for days. My spasms are gone now.... but still in pain....

I started seeing a sports injury PT ... they are really good. They think I have some lumbar problems which is preventing me from getting the full benefits of all the pain treatment. So we'll see if the massages and strength training can help...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Once the kids are done with school and me with work, I'm going to try to scrap some....

Anyone with me?

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to jellyziva

I need to finish the mini album I'm making my dad as a Christmas present... better get a move on...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

And wishing you all a wonderful New Year!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Happy New Year Babes!

Joy, any news about the job?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DaniKat

Happy New Year ladies.

No new job for me,

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to NMlady

I'm sorry to hear that Joy.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DaniKat

I'm looking for someone who sales Stampin Up. Anyone have a demo they want to recommend?

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to NMlady

I don't know any Joy. But that's probably a good thing for my wallet.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Anyone else bitten by the organizing bug right now? I've been going through my stuff and really trying to find a home for everything so that I can find things when I have a few spare moments to create. Paper storage is the biggest issue. My area is in the utility room, so I don't have a lot of space. But organizing makes met feel ready to get going again!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Wow, I might have to try doing the Christmas card per week thing. I just found some gorgeous, brand new Christmas stamps in my stash that I picked up last year at Goodwill for $1.25 each. And I never have time around Christmas to use them

Goodwill stamps By DaniKat" title=" Goodwill stamps By DaniKat"Link

Edited by DaniKat on 01-05-13 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Anyone else bitten by the organizing bug right now? I've been going through my stuff and really trying to find a home for everything so that I can find things when I have a few spare moments to create. Paper storage is the biggest issue. My area is in the utility room, so I don't have a lot of space. But organizing makes met feel ready to get going again!

Yes, me too, Dani! In fact even DH is doing that.. he's been cleaning up the garage!

I've cleaned up small areas in my closet, my bathrooms and my scraproom and cleaned out some stuff too...

I use those vertical holders for my paper and that seem to help with storage space as I can squeeze the papers tight and make them fit.

The problem is my scrapping style has changed and I have some papers that I no longer want to use. I need to call the Children's Hospital to see if they have any use for them... and I will most likely give some to my kids' kindergarten art teacher. She does great things with the kids.....

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, that's a great idea about the children's hospital or teacher!

So did your DH decide on his own to clean the garage?? That's awesome

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to DaniKat

Hello Ladies!!

I'm back. I survived December. Wow, what a hectic month.

I hope you are all doing well.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Hi there Lisa!

I'm on some form of a roll. I've made two birthday cards so far this month. I doubt I'll have time for scrapping until after Annalise's first birthday....yes that's this month! She's come soooo very far from that 2-1/2 pound tiny thing I was afraid to hold the first time. She had to go in for an RSV shot last week, and she's now up to 17-1/2 pounds.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Great to see you, Lisa!

Dani...good for you! I've joined a 52 Week challenge to make sure I at least 'smash' a page a week. Hopefully I can finish up the LOs I started on that full day scrapping i did in Oct.

And yes, DH did the cleaning on his own because we are giving a bunch of stuff away to Salvation Army. We haven't done any cleaning or organizing since DS was born SEVEN years ago!!! So.. it's about time

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, that's great when you have something to be "accountable" for...with the challenge.

I've made a list of crafty things I'd like to accomplish by the end of the month. I've left off scrapping but if I find myself looking for something to do, that will be it! Here's my craft to-do list:

-Make Annalise a first birthday outfit
-Make a card for my BIL's birthday
-Make a card organizer (a book to keep a list of birthdays, etc with pockets to hold the cards)
-Finish Annalise's bedroom curtains (should be done tonight!)
-Create a party hat for Annalise's birthday
-Make an applique initial shirt for a birthday party gift for a classmate of Jamie's (party is tomorrow, so I'd better hurry up)

Wish me luck!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Here's my craft to-do list:

-Make Annalise a first birthday outfit
-Make a card for my BIL's birthday
-Make a card organizer (a book to keep a list of birthdays, etc with pockets to hold the cards)
-Finish Annalise's bedroom curtains (should be done tonight!) DONE
-Make an applique initial shirt for a birthday party gift for a classmate of Jamie's (party is tomorrow, so I'd better hurry up) DONE

Wish me luck!

Starting to feel productive

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to DaniKat

Hey babes... Hope you are all well... It sounds like Shirley and Dani have been busy girls... I've been busy too, but not with much crafty stuff. Work and just life in general has kept me from my scrappy stuff... Karter turned 3 last Friday, (yeah I know, it is hard for me to believe it too) We had his party on Saturday, and I made the cake by myself.. well, with a little help from my nephews (they mixed icing colors for me and iced cupcakes) I actually went for a run on Sunday, we had temps in the 60's and it was gorgeous!!!Now it's back into the 20's and 30's. I'm still sore from the run though.. I hadn't run since November so running 3.55 miles in 43 minutes probably wasn't real smart. I just took an LONG hot bath though and I'm feeling better.

Dani, I can't believe Annalise is turning a year old very soon!!! That just seems crazy! Do Daniel and Jamie dote on her?? Chase loved Karter to pieces when he was a baby, now that Karter is a Toddler, the two of them fight like crazy. Drives Me CRAZY too. LOL

Shirley, is A still busy with Gymnastics??? How is your pain??

Well, I think I'm going to head to bed soon... gotta be at work at 7am. Have a great day!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Hi Shannon! I bet Karter had a fantastic birthday. What kind of cake did you make?

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Here's my craft to-do list:

-Make Annalise a first birthday outfitDONE
-Make a card for my BIL's birthdayAlmost done
-Make a card organizer (a book to keep a list of birthdays, etc with pockets to hold the cards)Almost done
-Finish Annalise's bedroom curtains (should be done tonight!) DONE
-Make an applique initial shirt for a birthday party gift for a classmate of Jamie's (party is tomorrow, so I'd better hurry up) DONE

I am finding that spending less time on Facebook has increased my productivity immensely! I also made a "thinking of you" card earlier this week, and get this, I SCRAPPED! I actually started and finished one page. I guess the planets are aligning properly.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to DaniKat

Dani, I made Karter a Cupcake cake... It was a Pirate treasure map... I iced a foil covered board blue, then used cupcakes as islands, putting Brown sugar and Green coconut around them as sand and Grass... and used red sugar sheets to draw the lines to lead you to the treasure, and a cupcake with a pirate ship pick on it in the middle of the "water" (blue icing on the board), and used other pirate themed stuff as well.. you can see pics on my facebook page. It's kind of hard to describe.
Karter thought it was awesome, and everyone else thought it looked cool, but my MIL thought it was "odd"
Glad you got some scrapping done... I'm actually just working on a crafty project right now... Another dress form.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

I don't know how I missed that on facebook, but I'll check it out. Very creative!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

Glad Karter had a great birthday! And yes, Shannon, DD is still very into gymnastics. She has also leveled up (up to level 6 now), I'm so thankful... 'cos she has turned into some crazy monster while she was waiting to hear if she could. I wasn't sure if our family would survive if she hasn't !

Great for scrapping, Dani! I wish there is a high-5 icon.. 'cos i did too!!! DH was away for the weekend, and amazingly, i got stuff done And you got so much done from your list! I need to stay away from FB too!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, yay for scrapping!

I'm getting ready for Annalise's first birthday party and going out of town for work. Her party is Saturday, and I leave Sunday for Little Rock for a manager meeting. Sunday is her actual birthday, so I won't get to spend the day with her but I will at least get to see her. I can't believe she's turning one! It really flew by, and she's only been home for 10 months which makes it feel like she can't be one yet. We feel extremely blessed that despite everything, we have a happy and healthy child.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

Wishing Annalise a very happy birthday!!! Yes, I can't believe it's been a year already!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Thanks Shirley! We had a fun time with Annalise's party.

I'm so excited because I just learned how to capture a still from a video. More scrapbooking opportunities! Maybe I'm behind the curve on this, but I'm happy I finally know how.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Well, I managed to knock almost everything off my January happy list. Onto February....

-Finish the card organizer I started in January
-Work on my Christmas organizer
-Make a birthday card for my boss
-Complete 10 layouts/5 of them Christmas
-Work on curtains for the living and dining rooms

I'm participating in Kelly's Christmas all year challenge, which encourages you to finish past Christmas projects/layouts and work on this coming year's projects.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:

I'm so excited because I just learned how to capture a still from a video. More scrapbooking opportunities! Maybe I'm behind the curve on this, but I'm happy I finally know how.

Can you give an explanation of how to do this? I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to NMlady

Well....look at that ....another month slipped by without me even noticing!!

Happy Birthday to all the Scrappy Babies....even if they aren't babies any longer. Where does the time go? Shannon, I don't think I am friends with you on FB....I would love to see the cake.

I think facebook is one of the reasons I forget to stop in here....I see whats happening in your lives there and forget to stop by here.

I have been busy quilting and reading in January. My scrappy room is so neglected and looks like a dumping ground right now.

I'll try to stop in again tomorrow!! Have a great day ladies!!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Hi Lisa! FB does make it easy to forget to check in here. What kind of quilting projects are you working on right now?

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • DaniKat Said:

Can you give an explanation of how to do this? I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Joy, do you have Windows Live Movie Maker? Here are the directions for that:

-Open Windows Live Movie Maker
-Click on the large box that says "click here to browse for videos". Find and select a video from your pictures library
-There will be a black line at the start of your video. Drag that black line with your cursor until you find a frame you want to use as a photo.
-Along the top of the window, there are different options. Select Snapshot.
-The save box will pop up asking you to name the file.

Your picture is now saved!

It is saved as a png file. To convert it to a jpg file, go to Paint, open the file, then save as a jpg.

Hope this works for you!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

Just wanna say hello!

I had a great time in Seattle last week watching DD compete.. I also got to meet one of my friends from here:) It was wonderful... One of my BFF drove 2.5 hrs to see us.. it was just a great weekend!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend! DH and I are taking Monday off to take the kids to the Renaissance festival....

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Glad you had a good time in Seattle, Shirley! The Ren Faire sounds like fun. I'd love to be doing something outdoors with the boys today but the ground is still wet from the snow/rain we had on Saturday, plus it's pretty chilly.

Just popping in to say hello, too! I've slipped a teeny bit with wanting to do something crafty every night to keep my sanity, but I've still finished 4 pages plus a Valentine's Day card for my DH so far this month, so I'm pretty pleased.

It's not in the budget right now to join a health club and it's still too dark to be safe for me to go walking early in the morning (the only time I have to work out). So I was on youtube and discovered there are zumba instructors who have posted their routines on there. Not a whole class, but individual songs. So I've created 3 playlists that I can do early in the morning to work out. I'm trying not to overdo it because I still need to build up my heart's endurance.

Happy President's Day!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

Hi, ladies... in case you're still reading this thread, just hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

I have been using the Smash book (thanks to Sarah's inspiration) for my project 52.. so I've been making 1 mini LO a week... not too bad...

Other than that.. DD's meets are over (so thankful!) and I'm trying to get back into running again.. we'll see how it goes..

Hope all is well with you!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

The CK convention is here next week... hopefully I'll get to meet with Rhonda... she's been sick and she's hurt her back earlier this year and is now recovering... just wanna say hello to everybody for her..

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Hi Shirley! I think of Rhonda often, and I hope things are turning around for her. Have fun at the convention!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DaniKat

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Mostly keeping up with you all through facebook and your galleries. If you aren't already my facebook friend you can find me at Joy Cook Campbell

Page 72 of 72 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics