Page 4 of 72 
Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to scrappycath

Have a great day Cathy! Mine is just ending, it's 11.40pm but I have a late start tomorrow. Just found out mum and dad are visiting this week, they'll be arriving on Wednesday - the girls will be so excited!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-14-11 08:46 AM
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I never went back to sleep, instead, I made myself a top, painted my bedroom ceiling (finally), left gallery love for Sarah today.....and watered the plants in my yard....now, I need a nap, but, I also need to go to the post office, I'm expecting packages, and stop at WM. Maybe I'll get to nap later!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
I came home from work today with Bryan home & he cleaned the entire house! We bought a new shelf organizer for one of our closets & he re-organized both spare closets for me! I love him!!

Aww, that's SO completely sweet!!

Please tell him we think he's an extra good guy & definitely a keeper!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • NMlady Said:
I also "forced" Abby to go to her apartment to sleep last night. She has everything that she needs except for groceries, but even then I made sure she had breakfast items until we can shop on Tuesday. I think the kid is afraid to be alone!

Remembering back to my first place... it wasn't so hard to be alone as it was to have all the quiet in the apartment! I hope she gets used to it soon!!

So, how did her 1st official night in her new place turn out Joy?

Did she stay all night or come right back?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just a couple random thoughts following on the heels of yesterday...

- Thank You Ladies for all the kind words of appreciation. From me, Sarah & Rhonda, they are appreciated!

- I certainly felt appreciated yesterday! I think it was unofficially 'SBB Appreciation Day!'

- Speaking of appreciation & the challenges...Thank You So Much Ladies one & all for jumping on board & making this group co-active this year! Just 3 months in, I already love when the new months & challenges roll around!

- Sarah, you are appreciated!!

- As for the front page & the updates, I hope that it's a time-saver for all. In the old thread, I can't begin to tell you how much time was spent (at least on my part) searching for old info. It may not always seem like it, but things actually do move pretty quickly around here!

- Speaking of which, I'll be sure to add Cardmaking, DigiDay & cross of the past events on the calendar for the week!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:

Don't forget your March Challenge entries.

I am currently working on 1993 Christmas pictures and then I will do Abby's 2nd birthday pictures. I'm working that year backward.

Thanks So Much Joy for the reminder!!

That's especially helpful!

And Good Luck on your older album pics, as well as your new (12x12) adventures!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
Kelly – I am so going to try your smoothies!! I put a really nice berry one on my weight loss blog.

Thank you all so much for your input on the blog –I’m so glad that you are all still using it, that’s what was bothering me, that I wasn’t really helping anymore, like not needed. I love updating the blog with all your gorgeous works of art and will continue to do so until it’s not needed. I just wanted to make it easier on everyone to find info – especially for any new babes.

I also wanted to say that since I’m one of the original members of this group I’ve seen many changes, and I must say that this group has truly blossomed into a beautiful group of woman full of love, support and creativity. I love all the swaps and challenges we have had and have scheduled.

- Mmm, I need to go (run) and check that recipe out!

- The green shakes are a hit & miss for me. Silly me, I thought I could go off the page & just make up my own, but I think I sabatoged my own recipe. I'm not sure if it was the amount of greens or the addition of nuts, but I won't lie, it tasted exactly like how I would imagine freshly & wet, cut lawn grass to taste like! LOL! p.s. Knowing what was in it, I just held my nose & drank it anyhow! Ugh & Yuck!!

- Hopefully, the front page has stream-lined everything for all. It wasn't meant to replace anyone (us 3) or anything (the blog). More of a 1-stop-at-a-glance sort of idea & or in case any one of us are busy, preoccupied or away. XO

- As for the last part, I don't think it could be said any better than that! (Call me totally biased), but I love our group! I've been part of many others in the past (since the early 90's), but this one to date is the only one that I have every truly considered a place where my circle of sisters live. And in the end, I consider it home!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, enough about business...

But, back to business, I must certainly get!

Today, is an extra cloudy day outside. So, I've already planned to stay in and work on all 7 of my Challenges, to include Joy's Challenge for the month!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-14-11 03:07 PM
In response to KellyCali

Hi Kelly!!!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to rtay

Hey babes!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to ScrappyPrincess

Hi Rhonda! Hi Shannon!

Just passing through as I'm sitting down to eat lunch.

Both avocados & strawberries are in season here, so let's just say I'm in heaven this month!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

I'm in a rotten mood tonight... We got shafted by my BIL. I'm not sure if I told you girls or not, but he was supposed to be giving us his old minivan (an '01 Chrysler Town & Country) he told us it needed work, so we were waiting till we got our income tax refund to get it from him, (so it would be ready to go on the road and we could just transfer the plates from the car) So, we have been asking about coming to get it for over a month now, and he's been avoiding us, then when he did talk to us, he told us that he thought the van was going to need a head gasket, then he said it needed a motor but that it was at a friend's house and the friend was looking at it to see what it needed. (none of which was neccesary because my brother and Jake do all our mechanic work anyways and could have looked at it just as easily) So, basically he gave us the run around, until 2 weeks ago when my brother and I talked to him and he said he just realized his wifes grandmother's name was on the title as a lien holder, because she bought them their house and they used the van as part collateral, and he'd talk to her, since they had paid her and see if she'd sign off the title. Tonight he actually answered Jakes call on Skype and told him that he couldn't give us the van because his FIL had paid the grandmother part of the money BIL owed and so he wanted the van to fix for his other daughter. Then he proceeded to tell Jake that he told his dad (my FIL) about the situation a while ago... I'm not sure how long a while is to him, but I'm pretty P!$$ed that he dragged us along for so long... I have been needing lots of work done on the car, but was putting it off, because we were planning on getting rid of it, and I don't have the money to go out and buy anything else, and can't afford a payment. We didn't even ask for the van. he just told us we could have it and to consider it our Christmas present... I guess the Iced tea maker they gave us for Christmas (which was a duplicate gift to them) makes up for it. I really should have known he was a liar.. he's notorious for it!
OK, I'm done now.. I just needed to vent, since I can't vent to hubby, because it's ok for him to talk trash cause it's his brother, but the minute I say something.. I'm a big jerk! So, anyways... we did find a great deal on a 2000 Grand caravan on craigs list this eveing, but the guy said he already has had a ton of calls about it. We are going to call back tomorrow after I get home from work and go look at it if he still has it.. otherwise, I'm going to fix the Grand AM and limp it along for a few more years. Ugh.. I've had it for 6 years and I'm so sick of putting money in to it!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

I found this at Goodwill this weekend and fell in love with it.. It was 6.49 and it was a surprise finding it as I was ready to leave someone had set it down.. I have a similar one thats maDe in Italy.

TFL.

Thrift Store Find By Cynscrapgirl

Edited by cynscrapgirl on 03-14-11 04:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to cynscrapgirl

Shannon... So sorry about the Vehicle situation.
Something better's gonna come along..

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

The disaster in Japan is really sad and scary for the whole world.. I hope things get better especially with the nuclear situation.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • Sarah-Scraps Said:
Hello Karen, how are you doing today? Enjoy your Sunday!

Aw, thanks for asking Sarah! Today has been a pretty fantastic day! The weather is gorgeous outside!!

I came home from work today with Bryan home & he cleaned the entire house! We bought a new shelf organizer for one of our closets & he re-organized both spare closets for me! I love him!!

Oh, and I checked my email & had 2 totally random purchases from my Etsy shop!!

Sounds wonderful on all accounts!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • NMlady Said:
Yesterday I was able to get all my pictures for Abby's 1st "toddler" album cropped to the sizes I want. I really had a tough time deciding if I wanted to continue doing 8.5 X 11 pages, but I finally decided to go with 12 X 12 since most of my paper is that size and I don't really want to cut every one down to the new size.
I also "forced" Abby to go to her apartment to sleep last night. She has everything that she needs except for groceries, but even then I made sure she had breakfast items until we can shop on Tuesday. I think the kid is afraid to be alone!

Remembering back to my first place... it wasn't so hard to be alone as it was to have all the quiet in the apartment! I hope she gets used to it soon!!

I'm sure it's an adjustment, and like Karen said, the quiet can be difficult! Even when I am home alone, it just feels so odd because everything is usually so noisy here with 4 people! I hope she adjusts soon!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • jellyziva Said:
  • cynscrapgirl Said:
Sarah..

I want to say thank you for all you contribute to the group..
Kelly You two... always there to keep the group going.. Both of you ladies are FAB in my book..

Yes.... Kelly for updating all the info.
Rhonda and Candace for driving the group..
And all of you babes for taking turn hosting challenges ....

Thanks!!!

I think this is sweet Shirley....I know we are all so dependant on Candace's presence here, but did you know that she hasn't been a driver for a very long time....altho, we do value her opinion so much that we often include her in the driver pow wow's, just because her input is so important to us still.

Awww...thanks!!

Kelly mentioned in an earlier post about this being the best group of ladies. I just want yall to know that if it weren't for this group, I wouldn't even come to this site! I do more challenges and things over at Split Coast than I do here. I pretty much come here for my SBB friends!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to CraftyCandace

Cathy - Oh that poor little girl...she has been through so much! Praying for her! On another note, I hope Chris has a wonderful and safe trip!

Joy - I am glad you had a nice birthday dinner! Thanks for the reminder about your challenge! I can do a birthday card, right?

Cyndi - Loving your Goodwill finds!

Shanon - Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your vehicle situation! That's awful of your BIL to not be honest with yall from the get-go. I hope you are able to find something very reasonable that would run well! Sometimes if you be patient and keep looking, the right thing will turn up.

Hi Sarah! Hi Rhonda! Hi Karen! Hi Kelly! A big hello to everyone else!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Cyndi, I agree. It's just heartbreaking and incredibly sad.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

• Candace M. Said:
Cathy - Oh that poor little girl...she has been through so much! Praying for her! On another note, I hope Chris has a wonderful and safe trip!

Joy - I am glad you had a nice birthday dinner! Thanks for the reminder about your challenge! I can do a birthday card, right?

Shanon - Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your vehicle situation! That's awful of your BIL to not be honest with yall from the get-go. I hope you are able to find something very reasonable that would run well! Sometimes if you be patient and keep looking, the right thing will turn up.

I know this is true Candace, but the problem now is we need to put a lot of money intro the car so it is safe (to haul my precious cargo) and reliable (to get me back and forth to work) once we do that, we won't have any money to get something else until next year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens then.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:
  • NMlady Said:

So, how did her 1st official night in her new place turn out Joy?

Did she stay all night or come right back?

She has stayed there 2 nights so far, yesterday she said it wasn't homey feeling. I told her I'd take piles of laundry and dog hair and leave it on her floors so that she'd feel like it was home. She always complains about the dog hair (and she's the one that talked me into keeping the dog). Tonight I came home from work and she was here watching tv. She wanted dinner but I'd had my lunch at 4 pm so wasn't hungry and I have no food in the fridge currently. I laid down for a nap and she ran to the store for a frozen pizza, cooked it while I slept and was gone when I woke up. She came back a bit ago looking for her math binder and left right away. At least tonight I didn't have to push her out the door at midnight. I think it will get even better after I take her grocery shopping tomorrow.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Candace M. Said:

Yes, you can make a card or a layout, anything birthday related or fish related. I know a lot of you make cards for friends and family so I thought a birthday card would make it easy for more ladies to participate.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

Hi babes - ooh I'm feeling the love here tonight! Thank you all for my virtual hug.

Joy - I can't wait to start on my challenge for this month!
Shannon - I'm sorry about the car, it's awful when you set plans and get your hopes up about something. I'm sure something better will come along too
Cyndi - awesome find at the thrift store - seriously you all have the best stores over your way!! I really have to start finding some good ones here!
Candace - I'll have to pop over to splitcoast stampers and see what it's all about! I've had a quick look, but didn't realise there were challenges.
Kelly - I too love looking forward to our challenges here, they're the only one's I remember and wish I was in!

I can't wait for my two weeks off, and hope that I feel okay enough to do some creating while the girls are at school and daycare and I have the house to myself!!! I've been having so much fun shopping for things for the Easter swap - especially australian themed goodies!! I'll have to pack in some info just so Lisa knows what on earth I'm sending to her!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
Have a great day Cathy! Mine is just ending, it's 11.40pm but I have a late start tomorrow. Just found out mum and dad are visiting this week, they'll be arriving on Wednesday - the girls will be so excited!!!

That sounds like something nice to look forward to!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I saw Chris off on his sr. class trip very early this morning ! This will be really good for him!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Hi Rhonda! Hi Shannon!

Just passing through as I'm sitting down to eat lunch.

Both avocados & strawberries are in season here, so let's just say I'm in heaven this month!

How yummy!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Shannon - This was as close to a bubble bath "calgon take me away" smiley as I could find... wishing you calm after the storm of dealing with BIL/FIL/Family!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Cyndi - awesome find! I can't tell by the photo, but what size is that? What are you plans for it? My mind was racing with possibilities!! So fun!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Joy - you're doing a great job getting your little bird out of the nest! In time for her to make her on nest!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 06:19 AM

Good Morning Babes!!!
I did a little furniture re-arranging last nite, and have now decided that I am in need of an ottoman. I think I may go shopping in Globe this morning and see it I can find something up here, before planning a trip to Phoenix.
I want to go over to the fabric shop at the antique mall while I am out too....I really need to take a picture of that place to share with you all, it's amazing.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 06:24 AM
In response to rtay

Cyndi~ I love the little cabinet thing you found, I'm with Cathy, how big is it?

Shannon~ (((hugs)))....so sorry about your vehicle situation. I hope that your able to find something suitable, and reasonable, soon.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 06:27 AM
In response to rtay

Joy~ I remember back in the day, living alone for the first time...it was horrible for me, and my place became like grand central for my friends, just so I could stand it. WOW how things have changed....I love being alone now, and prefer it. I think it will get easier for her when the baby gets here, she won't be lonely then.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to rtay

Sarah.. keeping your surgery in mind.. please remind us again so we send you more virtual hugs!!! Hope you feel better ....

Shannon.. so sorry your BIL wasn't honest with you. I understand what you meant.. he was the one who offered in the first place, he should have been honest if the situation has changed. Anyway I hope you find a nice ride and a bargain too! With the gas prices going up, I have a feeling many cars will go on sale...

Candace.. what's your screen name on SCS? I just found out some of my favourite companies have an entire thread dedicated to them!

Cyndi.. that is a beautiful cabinet! I had a feeling it's a desk to one? I can see how beautiful you'll turn it into...

Cathy.. love your projects! I will leave some gallery love later.. I'll have more time next week. But just want to let you know they are gorgeous!

Rhonda.. please do share your antique store find! I was so sick the past few weeks, otherwise, I would have bugged Cyndi to go to the store you went to when you were here.

Joy.. for Abby getting used to living by herself. I agree with Rhonda, when the baby comes it'll be easier.. I also made a card for your March challenge.. I'll upload it later..

Kelly.. avocado and strawberries? Yum yum!!! I doubt we can grow any berries here but I promised the kids I'll try ... we'll do some Spring planting I guess.

I have some stuff I need to mail off .. if I can find some time. It is the kids Spring Break this week so we'll be busy. I'm still feeling sick from the sinus headache and pressure. But the kids need me and I just have to tough it out. Nothing is helping... so I just hope it'll go away on its own. I really want to spend some quality time with the kids.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, I'm candylou on SCS!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to rtay

Yeah Kelly!!!! Congrats on the 10lb milestone!!! Great job!!!

Shirley...I like your idea of re-priortizing your life it sounds so sensible. And maybe getting that nagging family stuff off your plate will help your health.

Karen ....wow, that is so scarey about your heart rate. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
I never went back to sleep, instead, I made myself a top, painted my bedroom ceiling (finally), left gallery love for Sarah today.....and watered the plants in my yard....now, I need a nap, but, I also need to go to the post office, I'm expecting packages, and stop at WM. Maybe I'll get to nap later!

Dang, I think you put in a full days work before I even got out of bed this morning!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

• Sarah-Scraps Said:

OH WHAT FUN!!! Enjoy your company Sarah!!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

• cynscrapgirl Said:
I found this at Goodwill this weekend and fell in love with it.. It was 6.49 and it was a surprise finding it as I was ready to leave someone had set it down.. I have a similar one thats maDe in Italy.

TFL.

OH that is beautiful ...and the price - WOW!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear about the car situation. Why don't people just come right out and tell you the truth up front, instead of leading you on for so long. HUGS to you!!!

Hi Candace....{insert evil laugh} been thinking aobut you ....yup, been shower shopping and I gotta torture you.

Joy....I think its kinda funny about Abby ....but it sounds like she is testing herself and you. Can she handle and is Mom always there. Its gonna be fine.

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

Ok, girls I think I'm caught up. Now to go home and curl up in a ball. I'm having a MAJOR ulcer attack today....I haven't had one this bad in years. I can't stand up straight because of the pain ...I'm quite the sight to see.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear about the car situation. Why don't people just come right out and tell you the truth up front, instead of leading you on for so long. HUGS to you!!!

Hi Candace....{insert evil laugh} been thinking aobut you ....yup, been shower shopping and I gotta torture you.

Joy....I think its kinda funny about Abby ....but it sounds like she is testing herself and you. Can she handle and is Mom always there. Its gonna be fine.

Shame on you...lol j/k Now you've got me wondering! It is going to be so hard to not open them when these gifts start coming in. It'll be like the Christmas swap, but worse because there'll be more! haha...I love it, though!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

The furniture store called today. The guy told me that everything should be in this week except, of course, the end tables which are on backorder. They'll be coming in April sometime. He said the couch and loveseat were going to be longer than expected, so they are sending me the floor sample.

Everything has currently arrived at the store except the kitchen furniture and the end tables. As soon as the kitchen furniture comes in, they will be able to make the delivery. Yay!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Shannon - I know those kinds of situations stink I hope something works out for you & your family.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Candace ~ Yay on furniture progress!!!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Lisa~ I hope your ulcer attack goes away or at the very least can calm down so you can get some relief!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
  • cynscrapgirl Said:

TFL.

I agree!! What a great find!!

Edited by Karen3066 on 03-15-11 02:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
  • nrthwdscrapper Said:
  • cynscrapgirl Said:

TFL.

I'm with the rest of the girls on this.. Love it!! How big is it??

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 03:12 PM

I had a great time shopping today....I didn't find an ottoman tho,
but, I found other cool things,
remember when I was talking about what to do with my bedroom? I changed my mind awhile back and decided to go Shabby Chic in there. I have always loved that look, and have never done it before..
I bought a big corner unit today....it will be a couple of weeks before I pick it up, I'm not ready for it yet....and I got this fabulous wooden wall hanging with the Gone with the Wind poster on it. I left that at the store too. Now I will be motivated to finish painting and get my other furniture in there. I have made alot of Shabby Chic like things in the past, and have never kept any of it, because it didn't go with what I have....so, now I'll just have to make more.
She wouldn't let me take pics in the store, and danged if I didn't forget to take pics of the things I bought..but, they will be here soon enough.
In the fabric section of the store, I just bought some hand crocheted laces, and some vintage rick rack, so nothing major.
I visited another antique store I had never been to also, and bought a really cute pair of earrings made out of popcorn...

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
  • Karen3066 Said:
  • nrthwdscrapper Said:
  • cynscrapgirl Said:

TFL.

I'm with the rest of the girls on this.. Love it!! How big is it??

I just measured it and its 11 inches tall by 7.5inches wides its like a jewelry box
size.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Here's a picture of the other box that I found at goodwill about four years ago it's made in Italy and then again the one I just found.. Don't they look similar.. TFL..

Thrift store finds By Cynscrapgirl

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Hi Babes!
The homeschool conference went well but I am SO glad it is over!
DH is on his way to Manila via Japan for DD's graduation. There were only about 30 people on his flight to Japan. It's just so, so sad.
People in Manila are freaking out. They are wearing raincoats and painting their necks with Betadine to protect their thyroids. Fear makes people do crazy things!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:

She has stayed there 2 nights so far, yesterday she said it wasn't homey feeling. I told her I'd take piles of laundry and dog hair and leave it on her floors so that she'd feel like it was home. She always complains about the dog hair (and she's the one that talked me into keeping the dog). Tonight I came home from work and she was here watching tv. She wanted dinner but I'd had my lunch at 4 pm so wasn't hungry and I have no food in the fridge currently. I laid down for a nap and she ran to the store for a frozen pizza, cooked it while I slept and was gone when I woke up. She came back a bit ago looking for her math binder and left right away. At least tonight I didn't have to push her out the door at midnight. I think it will get even better after I take her grocery shopping tomorrow.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

• cynscrapgirl Said:
Here's a picture of the other box that I found at goodwill about four years ago it's made in Italy and then again the one I just found.. Don't they look similar.. TFL..

Beautiful! How come I can never find anything this awesome at thrift stores?? I seem to only go when they have adult potty chairs and bud vases.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • cynscrapgirl Said:

Beautiful! How come I can never find anything this awesome at thrift stores?? I seem to only go when they have adult potty chairs and bud vases.

LOL
That's what our thrift stores are like too TJ!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

What's really funny is that when DH's grandmother was here we REALLY needed a bedside potty and none of the thrift stores had one! There must have been a run on them!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Well, the house may not have a bed, couch, or kitchen table yet, but it has the most important things - a scrap room! Andrew and I worked hard all evening moving all of my stuff. I am worn out! We finally got almost everything over there, and I was too tired to organize it. I'll have to do that tomorrow and Thursday. Now, I guess I'll have to go over there to make cards for the next month.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Hi TJ!!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Hi Candace! Yay for furniture and a scraproom!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to momany

Cyndi I am so jealous of your thriftstore finds! Those two pieces are especially gorgeous.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Shirley, I can't wait to see your birthday card!
Yay! Candace for a scraproom all ready to use in your own home! Sweet of Andrew to help you move it all over, how does he feel about your paper crafts?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Heard from my SIL in Japan, via FB today. She reports that Okinawa is fine, she's not sure about radiation if there's a meltdown, and is glad she's leaving in June.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Heard from my SIL in Japan, via FB today. She reports that Okinawa is fine, she's not sure about radiation if there's a meltdown, and is glad she's leaving in June.

Thank God she is safe and okay!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Mom and I had my birthday lunch today. Mexican, it was very yummy. We also finally got her state ID card and handicapped placard ordered today. We went to the tiny town 15 miles over so that there would not be a lot of people and a crazy long wait. Then we went grocery shopping. I wish she would stop cooking, LOL, then her shopping wouldn't be so hard. It was a good day but I know it wore me out and I came home and slept for 2 hours, so I'm sure she'll be down for the next 2 days.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Yay! Candace for a scraproom all ready to use in your own home! Sweet of Andrew to help you move it all over, how does he feel about your paper crafts?

Bless his heart, he's so awesome about it! He's always been really good about going shopping with me at HL and things. He'll even say, "What can I use a coupon on?" because he knows I always bring extras. The only time he complains is when he is hungry. Then he is ready to GO! haha!

He never complained once about doing this stuff this evening. We even had to take the desk apart to move it. As we were filling up the room with all of my stuff, I told him I felt guilty about having that whole room with all my stuff! I really do have a bit of guilt. We have a computer desk on one side of the room and my desk on the other. I told him I guess it could be "his and hers" sides of the room. I know there'll be times when he's using the computer while I'm crafting. He really is super great about all of it, though. I'm really blessed! Just had to brag!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 09:15 PM

Joy~ I found the screws to the crib...I am so relieved..I thought I was gonna have to haul the whole thing to Ace and have some one help me find screws and set it up in the parking lot to make sure I got everything...LOL

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 09:17 PM
In response to rtay

I have been working on my scraproom this evening...am I ever gonna be done with the organization...
I need to get a small chest of drawers or book case for the corner for my jars and things like that....and then I think I might be able to finish up in there.
I'm making progress tho, and it's finally starting to show.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 09:21 PM
In response to rtay

There is an all day crop at the Old Courthouse downtown on Saturday, and I was invited to go....I don't (have never gone) to these before, and I don't think I would like it. But, I'm tossing it around in my head, and if I can make myself pack a tote, I might go and check it out.
Maybe I could just sit there and make Roses all day.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-15-11 09:23 PM

• Candace M. Said:
  • NMlady Said:

Bless his heart, he's so awesome about it! He's always been really good about going shopping with me at HL and things. He'll even say, "What can I use a coupon on?" because he knows I always bring extras. The only time he complains is when he is hungry. Then he is ready to GO! haha!

He never complained once about doing this stuff this evening. We even had to take the desk apart to move it. As we were filling up the room with all of my stuff, I told him I felt guilty about having that whole room with all my stuff! I really do have a bit of guilt. We have a computer desk on one side of the room and my desk on the other. I told him I guess it could be "his and hers" sides of the room. I know there'll be times when he's using the computer while I'm crafting. He really is super great about all of it, though. I'm really blessed! Just had to brag!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Joy~ I found the screws to the crib...I am so relieved..I thought I was gonna have to haul the whole thing to Ace and have some one help me find screws and set it up in the parking lot to make sure I got everything...LOL

I'm so glad you found them, but you shouldn't have worried so, I could have always found the screws myself since it's just so awesome of you to do this for Abby.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

Hi babes! Im having tons of fun with my mum and dad, the girls are loving every second!
Rhonda - I wish I had your energy for renovating, I love hearing your ideas behind your decorating
Lisa - so good to hear from you! Ouch your ulcer sounds awful. Hope you feel better soon
Cathy- thankyou so much for your get well card, it was so pretty and unexpected! I love it!
Candace - do you have to keep the floor stock they are giving you or is it just until yours arrives? How annoying to be messed around like this!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

• cynscrapgirl Said:

Wow! A perfect match. SCORE!!!!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

TJ - thanks so much for the laugh!!! I agree with your interpretation of thrift stores because thats what it is like here.

Candace....I think setting up the scrapbook room first is very appropriate! And stop it with the guilt, if Andrew doesn't mind then there is no reason to feel guilty.

Sarah, I'm so glad you are having a good time with your parents. Oh I can imagine how warm and happy your household is right now.

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

I am feeling somewhat better today. I went home last night and crawled into the bathtub. That seemed to relax my back and stop the back spasms the ulcer attack was causing.

DH was suppose to be home today (no school or daycare this week) but I brought work home instead so I could nurse my ulcer along.

Its mostly the change of seasons causing this with a good portion of stress caused by the State issues but I will be fine.

And we are suppose to be hitting 50 degrees for the next 5 days ....so the snow will be gone. I'm ready for spring!! I can't wait to get out walking.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Lisa! I didn't know ulcers could cause back spasms!
Enjoy the warmer weather!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to momany

YAY!! I went shopping for Candace today!!!! Hoping to get everything that needs shipped in the mail on Friday, since I have it all packaged up and ready to go.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Aww Shannon! All of you babes are just too sweet to me!

Good news! The furniture (with the exception of the two end tables for the living room) is being delivered on Friday! I took off work since someone needs to be there. So excited!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Lisa.. glad you're feeling better! It is no fun with that stress.. I hear you. I can get an ulcer just from posting at some other threads

Sarah.. so glad you had fun with your family! That's awesome!

I'm going to shop for Candace!!!

So anyway.. I am such a geek and an idiot. There is a thread about the Cricut maker going after 3rd party software makers. Anyways, I can't help but comment on the validity of the lawsuit. I mean I feel bad for all Cricut users, if I were one, I would have gotten one of the 3rd part software too. I mean just because PC has the right to, doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

IMHO, they should work with these 3rd party software makers to improve their product and sale. That is a better way to handle business. Of course, unless they have their own similar program on its way.. but then who can dispute they didn't copy from the 3rd party guys...

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jellyziva

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

I got two big packages in the mail today from Bed Bath and Beyond! Not opening them yet, of course, but this is so exciting! It doesn't say who they are from on the outside. Hopefully it will say on the inside. I guess I'll find out on the 9th! Thank you, babes!!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they're from you babes because invitations haven't been sent out yet for my household shower here, and since all my family lives here, I don't think they'd be mailing me presents.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

Our friend, Norbert, took a turn for the worse over the weekend. He passed away today. I know you all didn't know him, but he was such an amazing friend. He was the type of guy that was a positive influence to everyone around him. Please pray for his family.

Bryan & I are really affected by this loss, so I might not be around much for a few days. Please don't be worried about me.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Karen3066

Karen, hugs for you...I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend. I'll be praying for his family and for you and Brian as well. May loving memories of him help heal your heart!

clgdesign
Veteran
clgdesign

I am back from my trip to IL. I left needing a break, and wanting my mommy - HA! MOVING is hard! Actually this move has been a gazillion times harder then I expected. After the first 6 months, it's like I crashed and the reality of loneliness set in. Its awkward to even share this here... but these past few weeks have been difficult. Financially life has been a wreck. We don't have internet, I borrow from my neighbor and GEE WHIZ it's slow! We just sold my car yesterday - Praise God! So now we are down to 1 car and hoping this season in life will pass quickly and we can crawl out of this mess. I am trying my best to keep up with this site and reading everyone's update. But by the time I finish reading, I haven't a clue what to say! HA!!!

I have been sewing, sewing, sewing, which takes so much more time than stamping. Need more time! Need more structure and discipline to allow more craft time.

Enough rambling... night!

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to clgdesign

Karen I am so, so sorry. Will be sending prayers your way and for your friend's family.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to purpledurple

Karen, I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend.

I was both saddened & shocked to read that today.

Just from what you have told us, he sounds like he was a really good guy! You both have my prayers. I know the next couple of days are going to be extra hard.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Hi Colleen!

Here's a wave & welcome back

As well as a hug, as it sounds like you could use a couple with all that you've been going through lately!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Candace, not to ruin the surprise of it all, but I think one of the boxes might be from me. The timing is just about right.

Eitherway, I agree. It's probably most likely from one of us here!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

As I was checking my mail this morning, I found a message in care of my husband's grandparents.

It's going to break his heart, but when he comes home tonight, I have to pass the news onto him that his grandmother is going in for surgery tomorrow (on St. Patrick's), but at the same time, they are doing a biopsy to confirm whether or not she has lung cancer.

Like me, Chris grew up with his grandmother, so I'm already saddened by how he's going to react. It's sort of a double-whammy being so far away. It makes you feel helpless to help, when in fact all we can probably do is just send encouraging thoughts & words, as well as continued prayers.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Our friend, Norbert, took a turn for the worse over the weekend. He passed away today. I know you all didn't know him, but he was such an amazing friend. He was the type of guy that was a positive influence to everyone around him. Please pray for his family.

Bryan & I are really affected by this loss, so I might not be around much for a few days. Please don't be worried about me.

I am so very sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends....

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
As I was checking my mail this morning, I found a message in care of my husband's grandparents.

It's going to break his heart, but when he comes home tonight, I have to pass the news onto him that his grandmother is going in for surgery tomorrow (on St. Patrick's), but at the same time, they are doing a biopsy to confirm whether or not she has lung cancer.

Like me, Chris grew up with his grandmother, so I'm already saddened by how he's going to react. It's sort of a double-whammy being so far away. It makes you feel helpless to help, when in fact all we can probably do is just send encouraging thoughts & words, as well as continued prayers.

Oh, Kelly, my heart goes out to your family! I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be so many miles away from your family in a time like that. Praying for your husband's grandmother, and your family as well!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to KellyCali

Very sorry to hear that... Kelly...
Will keep you all in my prayers too...

I've been praying for Cathy's niece Haleigh also...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Candace.. I'm sorry if I've missed it.. what's your wedding colour(s)?

Thanks.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to clgdesign

• clgdesign Said:
I am back from my trip to IL. I left needing a break, and wanting my mommy - HA! MOVING is hard! Actually this move has been a gazillion times harder then I expected. After the first 6 months, it's like I crashed and the reality of loneliness set in. Its awkward to even share this here... but these past few weeks have been difficult. Financially life has been a wreck. We don't have internet, I borrow from my neighbor and GEE WHIZ it's slow! We just sold my car yesterday - Praise God! So now we are down to 1 car and hoping this season in life will pass quickly and we can crawl out of this mess. I am trying my best to keep up with this site and reading everyone's update. But by the time I finish reading, I haven't a clue what to say! HA!!!

I have been sewing, sewing, sewing, which takes so much more time than stamping. Need more time! Need more structure and discipline to allow more craft time.

Enough rambling... night!

Hi Colleen! I'm so sorry to hear that life is throwing these bumps at you! As you said, with time, it will pass, and I hope things get better soon!

I think for many of us, our awesome group here provides a wonderful escape from the things that may be stressful in our life sometimes. We can vent, praise, or just have fun. Either way, I think we always leave here feeling better. I hope you feel at home here! Hugs!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Welcome back, Colleen! for what you're going thru. Hopefully things will get better soon!

Hey, Kelly, Dana and Candace

I almost forgot I came here to thank Cyndi! I received the mail, and I love it! Thanks so much!!! I need some encouragement since I had my performance review today.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:

Thanks.

Hope this helps! These aren't my exact flowers, but these are my colors, and I found these and showed the man who is doing my flowers so he can use it as an example.

Wedding Colors By Candace M.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Had to share one more thing I found this weekend. I think there old . I just love Mangers and these were in a bag at Goodwill..

Thrift Store Finds By Cynscrapgirl

There Porcelain..

Edited by cynscrapgirl on 03-16-11 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Karen I saw your post on Facebook about your Friend..
I am so so sorry I have been praying for him and was really hoping he was getting better..

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

• Candace M. Said:
I got two big packages in the mail today from Bed Bath and Beyond! Not opening them yet, of course, but this is so exciting! It doesn't say who they are from on the outside. Hopefully it will say on the inside. I guess I'll find out on the 9th! Thank you, babes!!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they're from you babes because invitations haven't been sent out yet for my household shower here, and since all my family lives here, I don't think they'd be mailing me presents.

Are you registered there I went to the site and put in Candace M and it said no such match?!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Kelly hope things go well for Chris Grandmother This kind of stuff is hard to break to someone we cherish our grandparents and its just so sad to deal with..

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

• Candace M. Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

Thanks.

Hope this helps! These aren't my exact flowers, but these are my colors, and I found these and showed the man who is doing my flowers so he can use it as an example.

Wedding Colors By Candace M.

I love the colors so fresh and perfect for this time of year.

Page 4 of 72 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics