Page 2 of 64 
Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to lynnde

Well, as much as I shouldn't do it, I really have to. I had such sweet and generous ladies who sent to me last round even though I wasn't in, how can I not get in this time?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

I came over to sign up without know who was in the swap. It's a happy day that Christine and Alda are joining again!!

It's great to see so many new faces. I'm so happy to get to know you ladies.

Rachel, you really could, you certainly should, now if you only would!!! (Yes, I'm a poet)

Katrina and Rebecca, we're just excited to have you for cheerleaders and inspiration. You two scrap more than the rest of us combined!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

If Deb and Rachel rejoin I promise to come by often and write SS rhymes. Though Deb is giving me some competition I see! Love you Doodles!!

Off to FPU class but I'll check back in afterward.

Love you all~
Rebecca

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to scrapbrarian

Hello

Edited by Sassy Suzi on 03-20-11 08:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:
If Deb and Rachel rejoin I promise to come by often and write SS rhymes. Though Deb is giving me some competition I see! Love you Doodles!!

Off to FPU class but I'll check back in afterward.

Love you all~
Rebecca

Oh, do you promise? I would stick around just so read those posts!!!And I love you too!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

what's a time warp?

yes, I'm also glad to see Alda and Christine back in the swap. even if for no other reason than to see all the gorgeous stuff alda makes and because Christine makes me laugh.

Rachel and Deb, it wouldn't be the same without you, though you should always feel free to stop in, even if you don't sign up.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
what's a time warp?

yes, I'm also glad to see Alda and Christine back in the swap. even if for no other reason than to see all the gorgeous stuff alda makes and because Christine makes me laugh.

Rachel and Deb, it wouldn't be the same without you, though you should always feel free to stop in, even if you don't sign up.

The Timewarp is a dance from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ff0cOPSpVA

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Fortunes Fool

HI!!!!!

I'm catchin my breath after a very work filled week!!! Looking forward to getting started on a new round! Love seeing Christine and Alda in this round. And love seeing new faces ...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
what's a time warp?

Tina, I didn't see your name on the first page. Maybe it just hasn't been updated yet.

I finished my page for SCC and will take a pic tomorrow when it's daylight.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I had no idea what the time warp was either, but now I know!! Glad you had some fun with friends, Traci!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Ugh my laptop is being a pain in the tushy tonight! So I hope I got everything!

Alda I don't think you owe anyone money! Consider it free publicity, but if what you say is true then the ladies on here would make some great PR reps!

I hope everyone who doesn't sign up will still stop by and grace us with your company, we'd miss you too much otherwise!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

hi girls.

christine it'd be great to see you on here again

alda that's a really cool gift card holder. ill have to check that tutorial out!

rebecca great pages

traci sounds like a fun time.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to jackie9635

tinadn great layout as well

vincesprincess
Veteran
vincesprincess

• jackie9635 Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:
Amy you can make me one of these that you made: Tim Holtz Configurations Altered Art Decor Box. Remember I have my order in first.

i had to look in the gallery to see what you were referring to. amy you did an awesome job on this

Awe, you liked the altered box? Thanks!!! I was actually very pleased with how it came out ~ even though it took forever and a day to make (shhhh dont tell, but I even had my bf putting his 2 cents in on what to put where & so on)! I just love all of the Tim Holtz stuff ~ those products always inspire me, even when I get into a scrap funk!

Did everyone have a good weekend? My bf and I just lounged around the house doing nothing... well not nothing, we did play scrabble & I beat his butt (last time he whipped me though)! Oh yeah, and I found this tutorial video on youtube on how to make FABRIC Prima style flowers. They were so beautiful so I got out the old sewing machine and stitched some up... I've been on this hand made flower kick. My fabric flowers came out really good to my surprise. I will post some pics Monday or Tuesday in my gallery.

Other than that, Vegas got hit with this crazy spring fever 'pollen storm' and everything has been covered in some kind of greenish yellow pollen dust for the past few days... it has been crazy! My allergies have been driving me nutso!!!

Well I just wanted to check in. I better try n get some zzzzz's or Im not going to want to get up in the morning. Hooray, monday... snore... snooze button... snore... snooze button...

Have a great day everyone!!!

vincesprincess
Veteran
vincesprincess
In response to thinkpink22

BTW, I just a quick question (for anyone who can help answer) since this is my first SS Swap... I was reading the rules Kimberly posted on the first page and regarding #7 which says

"7. You MUST check into this thread AT LEAST once a week as your real self and once a week as your alternate secret sister ID." ...and etc...

What does that mean - to check in as your alternate secret sister ID? Does that mean we all have to make a second profile ID and check into the thread to remain anonymous??? Sorry, Im just confused what an alternate ID means and I am certain that I don't quite understand it correctly...

Thanks for helping!!!! ~amy

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to vincesprincess

• vincesprincess Said:
BTW, I just a quick question (for anyone who can help answer) since this is my first SS Swap... I was reading the rules Kimberly posted on the first page and regarding #7 which says

"7. You MUST check into this thread AT LEAST once a week as your real self and once a week as your alternate secret sister ID." ...and etc...

What does that mean - to check in as your alternate secret sister ID? Does that mean we all have to make a second profile ID and check into the thread to remain anonymous??? Sorry, Im just confused what an alternate ID means and I am certain that I don't quite understand it correctly...

Yes honey you are correct ... you must make a second profile and check in under that one .. whoever you have a your sister must remain a secret until the reveal date .... under the anonymous profile that is the one you "toy" with your sister ... sometimes giving hints ... writing poems .. etc .... use your imagination to have fun with your sister under the second profile .. Under your real one .... that is where we get to know you ...
hope this helped .

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Hi VincesPrincess. What is your name? That's too much to type. Or I could just call you VP. I guess that wouldn't be so bad. LOL!! Speaking of fabric flowers, Alda is the Queen of fabric flowers!!

I just made one too using the Tim Holtz 'tattered florals' die. I used fabric, lace, and tulle, cut a bunch of the different fabrics and layed them the way I wanted to. This is my second one I've done. I love the looks of them. I'll post a pic here of my LO so you can see it.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Beauty (Scrappy Chic Cafe) By Deb-doodle

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh and btw VP, you can go to the last secret sister thread and get some idea's of how the other big sisters teased their little sisters. I will add the link for you to go over there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15489...

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-21-11 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

//Quote of the day:

Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate.

-Sarah Jessica Parker

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Good morning! I had to look at the clock to see if I could still say that!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to lynnde

Hi Danelle! How was the birthday yesterday??

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

hi girls

amy i love playing scrabble too

deb that's a great layout and i agree alda is the queen of flower making lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• vincesprincess Said:

just don't do what I did this last round, and accidentally pm my little sister from my OWN account - right at the very beginning of the swap! lol

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-21-11 10:59 AM

Happy Monday to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

I think Vince's princess could justifiably be VIP!!

How is everyone this evening? I'm busy trying to order flowers for my secretary's 60th birthday and the flipping site I'm ordering from has got a problem with the credit card, and its driving me nuts!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Deb-doodle Said:
Hi VincesPrincess. What is your name? That's too much to type. Or I could just call you VP. I guess that wouldn't be so bad. LOL!! Speaking of fabric flowers, Alda is the Queen of fabric flowers!!

I just made one too using the Tim Holtz 'tattered florals' die. I used fabric, lace, and tulle, cut a bunch of the different fabrics and layed them the way I wanted to. This is my second one I've done. I love the looks of them. I'll post a pic here of my LO so you can see it.

and did you see petaloo's new line 3/1/11 Expressions and and Estate on 4/30/2011 of fabric flowers... They are packaging them 4 for 6.99 and one per pack at the same retail price....... I am off to raise my prices ....lol ...

Thanks for the compliments ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Hey Rachel ....Full Moon residue left behind today - it has not been a pretty Monday yet ... 4 minutes to go and I am closing shop .. tomorrow is another day in paradise

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

I would like to join up again!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to parisdame

Oh Annie.. you're a sweetheart for asking. It was a perfect day. Had 2 of the three kids home and spent the day lounging on the couch watching movies with them and hubby! I loved it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to lynnde

Hey Alda - what do you mean 'Full Moon residue left behind today'? I don't know what that means!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Maybe she means something about the crazies that come out on the full moon and she's had to deal with that today. Ugggg!! I know it happens for real!!!

Nikilynn, I'm glad to see you're feeling better!!

Well I washed and WAXED my Durango. I've never waxed it before. Either the kids or Bruce would always do that for me. I washed the dog and cleaned the grill. That was a big job. Now I'm pooped. I'm off to take a shower, put pj's on and chill!!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Did ya throw them all in the truck and just wash them at the same time Deb? Seems like a time saver to me!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to lynnde

Danelle that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day to me! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Deb it sounds like you had quite a productive day, pjs sound great right now! OH and I just love that flower you made! It turned out soo beautifully!

I've got pizza in the oven and netflix warming up on the laptop and I'm off to play in my room for the rest of the evening! I've been working on the sketch of the month for SCC I might actually get it done before the end of the month!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Hey Alda - what do you mean 'Full Moon residue left behind today'? I don't know what that means!

Saturday was very large full moon (it has not been that large in 18 years) and with full moons come the crazies and people with attitude ... and they came out in droves today ... Not one person could I make happy today or they woke up and took a dose of the nasties ...

All I could think today with everyone that came in or called .. ... do you really want to go through life angry ...

With full and new moons - I find attitudes of people are different and not for the better...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Did ya throw them all in the truck and just wash them at the same time Deb? Seems like a time saver to me!

I wish I could have Danelle. But it's an SUV and that would have been one huge mess. LOL!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Danelle that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day to me! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Deb it sounds like you had quite a productive day, pjs sound great right now! OH and I just love that flower you made! It turned out soo beautifully!

I've got pizza in the oven and netflix warming up on the laptop and I'm off to play in my room for the rest of the evening! I've been working on the sketch of the month for SCC I might actually get it done before the end of the month!

Thank you Annie!!! A pizza sounds delish right now. Still on the diet!! I had Salmon and roasted veggies which ordinarily would be awesome except that that's what I had last night too and various versions of it for the last few weeks. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Saturday was very large full moon (it has not been that large in 18 years) and with full moons come the crazies and people with attitude ... and they came out in droves today ... Not one person could I make happy today or they woke up and took a dose of the nasties ...

All I could think today with everyone that came in or called .. ... do you really want to go through life angry ...

With full and new moons - I find attitudes of people are different and not for the better...

The weatherman said today that the moon willnot be that big again until 2029. I noticed it too!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

The weatherman said today that the moon willnot be that big again until 2029. I noticed it too!

We couldn't see it here! It has been so cloudy here for the last few days that it was impossible to see the moon on Saturday! I was so excited to see it too-I heard it was just beautiful! Although our dogs are still acting loopy from it, well more so than usual.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• vincesprincess Said:

I see another NiteOwl with me!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to MrsAnnieS

Love that new lo Deb!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Saturday night was the full moon, but Friday night it being almost full was very bright. I had went to bed rolled over and looking through the french doors I thought I had left the flood lights on. So I got up thinking I remember turning them off, I had it was so bright outside. I think Friday was brighter than Saturday night.

I have two flowers from the TH die cut from a swap. One is a dark red rose that is silky velvet it is so pretty. I am making my gf Rose a birthday card for Wednesday and I am going to use it on the card I think.

Have a good Tuesday. Of the 57 cards kits I out together Friday, I finished 11 today. Tomorrow is CJs for me.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Evening Rebecca.

vincesprincess
Veteran
vincesprincess

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh and btw VP, you can go to the last secret sister thread and get some idea's of how the other big sisters teased their little sisters. I will add the link for you to go over there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15489...

Thanks all for clearing that up... I will check out the old thread. And btw, my name is Amy ~ nice & short!!!!

vincesprincess
Veteran
vincesprincess

• Sassy Suzi Said:

I see another NiteOwl with me!

Hey Suzi, Your up late too huh?

I try to be good n go to bed early, especially since I have 2 kids I have to get up and ready for school in the morning... but for some reason, ever since I can remember (even when I was really little like 5 y.o.), I just can't fall asleep at night.

Sometimes I have very loooonnnnggg and lonely nights into the weeeee morning hours. And then Im super exhausted the next day, well most days... But at least it gives me a chance to work on my scrappin!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

My husband gets up early and has his morning time alone. I stay up late and have my time alone. I wake up late then we have the rest of the day together.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Night Amy = tired going to bed earlier tonight. See you tomorrow - night. lol

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Have a terrific Tuesday ladies!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-22-11 05:26 AM

• Deb-doodle Said:
Maybe she means something about the crazies that come out on the full moon and she's had to deal with that today. Ugggg!! I know it happens for real!!!

Nikilynn, I'm glad to see you're feeling better!!

Well I washed and WAXED my Durango. I've never waxed it before. Either the kids or Bruce would always do that for me. I washed the dog and cleaned the grill. That was a big job. Now I'm pooped. I'm off to take a shower, put pj's on and chill!!!

Thanks Miss Doodles!!!! It's been a ROUGH ride!!!! I'm getting back to where I need to be!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-22-11 05:28 AM
In response to 888

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

Quote for the day:

As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think bit.

-Donald Trump

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good Morning lovely ladies!!! Just stopping by for a quick Hello before I head to work. I should have a short day today. This whole week is slow. Bummer for my paycheck. I should start going through cabinets, drawers and closets for items to have a yardsale. I need spending money for the retreat and I have so much stuff I could get rid of. The thought of it is so daunting though. LOL!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

Hi Everyone!

If there is still room I would love to join up! I've spent some time looking through the previous thread and it seams like a lot of fun!

Let me know if you have room for little ol' me!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Joellio

Morning ladies! We are supposed to be getting a wintery mix today and up to 14 inches of snow tomorrow-isnt it supposed to be spring???

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

good morning girls

alda hope its a better day.

annie that much snow?! that's crazy. it was in the 60s and is supposed to drop to the 20s by the end of the week here but thankfully no more snow *knock on wood*

deb i hope business picks up a bit for you.

well i gotta get ready for work. im lazy today. yesterday was my first day at the gym in years so im pooped lol.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

it is 70's here until late Wed. and then upper 40s for oveer a week.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kaykay1010

Hi ladies, we've had a few beautiful days, now cold and rainy, perfect for scrapping:)

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to tinadn

I agree Tina!! Wanna help me convince my boss?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lynnde

Well, I don't lie worth a darn, but if you want to leave sick, I won't tell

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to tinadn

Hi Joelle - I would love to see you play this round.

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to Sherrenae

Fancy meeting you here Sherri! This swap sounds like so much fun!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Joellio

LOL Tina.. if I hadn't been sick so much in the last few weeks I'd be right on that!!!

Hi Joellio! Nice to have you join us.. you will love this swap!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to lynnde

Joelle you made it over here, GREAT!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Well Bonnaroo has a good line up this year and its the 10th anniversary. I may have to see about visiting friends who's property back up next to the main stage and listen. I would like to see Eminem (Main Attraction this year) • Widespread Panic • Neil Young • Alison Krauss & Union Station • Gregg Allman. I was surprise b/c this is the first year Dave Matthews isnt in the line up and was expecting someone else as the main attraction.
anybody going this year?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Jackie believe it or not the record for our area this time of year is -14! Thankfully right now it is only in the 30s, and the clouds are building! I'm hoping that they'll miss us!

I'd be thrilled with 70s-heck I'd be happy with 50s!

Joelle welcome aboard! This is a great swap and a fabulous group of ladies!

Danelle what's one more day off work??

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
Hi Everyone!

If there is still room I would love to join up! I've spent some time looking through the previous thread and it seams like a lot of fun!

Let me know if you have room for little ol' me!!

Of course there's room! I know Pink or Rosita will sign you right up!! Nice to meet you too!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Well Bonnaroo has a good line up this year and its the 10th anniversary. I may have to see about visiting friends who's property back up next to the main stage and listen. I would like to see Eminem (Main Attraction this year) • Widespread Panic • Neil Young • Alison Krauss & Union Station • Gregg Allman. I was surprise b/c this is the first year Dave Matthews isnt in the line up and was expecting someone else as the main attraction.
anybody going this year?

That's a very diverse line up Suzi!! There should be a little bit of everyone showing up at that.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Oh Deb - that is just who I want to see. Here is the list thus far:
* Eminem
* Arcade Fire
* Widespread Panic
* The Black Keys
* Buffalo Springfield feat Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale
* My Morning Jacket
* Lil Wayne
* String Cheese Incident
* Robert Plant & Band of Joy
* Mumford & Sons
* The Strokes
* The Decemberists
* Ray Lamontagne
* Bassnectar
* Iron & Wine
* Girl Talk
* Primus
* Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo
* Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
* Pretty Lights
* Florence + the Machine
* Superjam ft. Dan Auerbach and Dr. John
* Explosions in the Sky
* STS9
* Gogol Bordello
* Beirut
* Big Boi
* Scissor Sisters
* Gregg Allman
* Ratatat
* Global Gypsy Punk Revue curated by Eugene Hütz
* Robyn
* Warren Haynes Band
* Deerhunter
* Opeth
* Atmosphere
* Old Crow Medicine Show
* Bootsy Collins & the Funk University
* Wiz Khalifa
* Matt & Kim
* Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
* The Del McCoury Band and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
* Mavis Staples
* Béla Fleck & the Flecktones (the original line-up)
* Chiddy Bang
* Jovanotti
* Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers
* Loretta Lynn
* Cold War Kids
* The Walkmen
* Devotchka
* Wanda Jackson
* Neon Trees
* Portugal. The Man
* Sleigh Bells
* Amos Lee
* Best Coast
* Dãm-Funk & Master Blazter
* The Sword
* The Drums
* The Black Angels
* School of Seven Bells
* J. Cole
* Nicole Atkins & the Black Sea
* Wavves
* !!!
* Junip
* Freelance Whales
* Justin Townes Earle
* Ryan Bingham
* Deer Tick
* Band of Skulls
* Sharon Van Etten
* Abigail Washburn
* Omar Souleyman
* Twin Shadow
* Kylesa
* Man Man
* The Low Anthem
* Alberta Cross
* Railroad Earth
* Jessica Lea Mayfield
* Smith Westerns
* The Head and the Heart
* Karen Elson
* Beats Antique
* 22-20s
* Phosphorescent
* Hayes Carll

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Welcome Joelle! I got you added on the front page.

Anyone who hasn't sent me the survey, please do so. If you don't (Tina) your survey will go out with the only thing you want is PRIMAS!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Its 4 days actually b/c they start arriving a week early.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Yes mam right away!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

Oh, and check and make sure on the front page that I added your name...I am sure I did get everyone, but I like a double-check!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 03-22-11 03:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

btw there are 2 Tina's here. If it's easier you can call me Tina d, Tina # 2, or [email protected] works too-just kidding

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
LOL Tina.. if I hadn't been sick so much in the last few weeks I'd be right on that!!!

now I don't even remember what I said! bahhahaha.

welcome to all the new people - including the other Tina! don't worry, they can just call me troublemaker, lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
Welcome Joelle! I got you added on the front page.

Anyone who hasn't sent me the survey, please do so. If you don't (Tina) your survey will go out with the only thing you want is PRIMAS!

bahahhahahah aren't you funny! for those of you who don't know, I'm not much of a flower girl. don't get me wrong, they're pretty and I do have some, but you won't find many on my wish list, and I do'nt use many, it just isn't my natural style.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to tinadn

Happy Tuesday night .... spent my afternoon with Mr. Dentist who I have not seen in 5 years due to immense fear ... and had not one but two crowns done today... I thought I would be in more pain tonight..

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

Holly cow that is a heck of a list of bands! What a great time that must be... LOL the biggest bands to come around these parts are... well... let's say they were excelent in the 70's and 80's!! We have a big lumberjack festival every year... I know you guys are now shaking your heads already but I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere so this is really the most exciting thing that happens in this town every year. This year the big concert is Loverboy!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to Joellio

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Joellio

Joelle I grew up in a small town-and if I had my way I'd be back there in an instant! So I completely hear you on the small town thing-the movie theater there is a single screen, no cup holders, the floor will forever be like the floor of a taxi cab, and a family of four can go to a movie, everyone can have their own popcorn, soda and candy and it would cost maybe $15. And I am pretty sure the only bands we get are the local marching bands for the parade every year!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Wow Suzi that's quite the line up! I know my DH would be all over seeing Eminem! You should definitely go!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to MrsAnnieS

Holy cow Suzi!!! All those bands are going to fit in 4 days? I haven't heard of most of them though. Maybe alot of indie bands.

Pink that comment about the Prima's for Tina had me cracking up!! I'll go fill out my survey. I forgot we had to do that.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

hahah Deb, don't encourage her!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
  • lynnde Said:

welcome to all the new people - including the other Tina! don't worry, they can just call me troublemaker, lol

Or Tina Tuna!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to MrsAnnieS

Joelle, welcome to the most awesome thread on sb.com!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • lynnde Said:

Or Tina Tuna!

Just don't expect me to answer when you call me that!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

• Sassy Suzi Said:
anybody going this year?

DMB isn't touring this year. They are doing their own festivals in 4 locations only to celebrate their 20th anniversary. Just FYI! I bet Eminem would be fabulous live though!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • lynnde Said:

Or Tina Tuna!

Just don't expect me to answer when you call me that!

Guess now I'm the troublemaker, huh!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay of to scrap for a little bit before bed. Sleep well all!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Joelle I grew up in a small town-and if I had my way I'd be back there in an instant! So I completely hear you on the small town thing-the movie theater there is a single screen, no cup holders, the floor will forever be like the floor of a taxi cab, and a family of four can go to a movie, everyone can have their own popcorn, soda and candy and it would cost maybe $15. And I am pretty sure the only bands we get are the local marching bands for the parade every year!

Actually they have 4 stages and several comedy tents. Check out their site below for some pictures.

I live in a town of about 8k people, we dont even have a movie theater, bowling skating or anything (all of that is the next town over). Jack Daniels Distillery is close by too. We do have a muti-million dollar Rec Center. It has everything and thanks to Bonnaroo for paying it off. Because of the Interstate we have lots of fast food and a very few good restaurants. Hotels we have lots and they built 3 big new ones 2 years ago. Hmmm that would be about 9 at our exit plus KOA Camping. Gas is cheaper here b/c of the flow of traffic. Anyway Bonnaroo brings a lot of money to our town and $3 of each ticket, over 150-200k people, goes to the county plus their other donations. Beer is CHEAP that week and liquors are cheaper two weeks after, all those bottles they dont sell.

Enough about my little town and yes it was major culture shock after living in Atlanta area all my life. See what love will do to you.

btw way tickets are $249 now and will be $350 each when they scappers arrive.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/activities.aspx

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I cleaned my room tonight and took pictures for Nikilynn's page. I love having everything put away where it goes. I had started this month of putting everything away after each project, I made 11 cards yesterday and cut papers on Friday, so I kinda had stuff every where plus the new stuff I received in the mail.

Have a good day tomorrow, I plan to get some sun by mowing and cleaning the house before going to church.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsAnnieS

Oh wow Suzi.. what a list of bands! That's all in ONE place?

Ohhhhh well hey.. we've had two Dana's for awhile too. So two Tina's is good too!!

Tina Scraps, I was asking Tina D to get me out of work so I could come scrap with her. LOL

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

hi girls

suzi are you going to bonaroo? ive always wanted to go. i like most of the bands that are playing. im into the indie music. i went to lolla two years ago. i was thinking of going this year but i prbly wont. it's always a blast tho!

annie wow so jealous. here you can't get those prices at all! we have this one theatre here that the "vip" section is $20 per ticket. they have HUGE comfy chairs (you split a loveseat with a person) and you can have alcohol and real food there. but i rarely do that only if it's someone's bday because that's too much money.

alda i hate the dentist too! glad it wasn't that painful

joelle - welcome

oo boy am i sore. the workout from yesterday is starting to kick in along with tonight's. i did about an hour and a half but taking a break tomorrow then starting up again on thursday...

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

We just got back home from grandsons bday party.. Got caught up in a storm that had high winds that felt like it was gonna pick my car up like a hot wheel and fling me through the air. It hailed so bad it looked like it had snowed. I'm glad to be home!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to lynnde

danelle glad you're home safe!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Having grown up the granddaughter of a dentist, I don't fear the dentist.. I fear the bill LOL I have been so bad about going since my grandfather passed away

Hope you are feeling back to 100% real soon Alda..

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:

Actually they have 4 stages and several comedy tents. Check out their site below for some pictures.

I live in a town of about 8k people, we dont even have a movie theater, bowling skating or anything (all of that is the next town over). Jack Daniels Distillery is close by too. We do have a muti-million dollar Rec Center. It has everything and thanks to Bonnaroo for paying it off. Because of the Interstate we have lots of fast food and a very few good restaurants. Hotels we have lots and they built 3 big new ones 2 years ago. Hmmm that would be about 9 at our exit plus KOA Camping. Gas is cheaper here b/c of the flow of traffic. Anyway Bonnaroo brings a lot of money to our town and $3 of each ticket, over 150-200k people, goes to the county plus their other donations. Beer is CHEAP that week and liquors are cheaper two weeks after, all those bottles they dont sell.

Enough about my little town and yes it was major culture shock after living in Atlanta area all my life. See what love will do to you.

btw way tickets are $249 now and will be $350 each when they scappers arrive.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/activities.aspx

What is that Suzi where it says General Admission is 23.10? The levels are over $200 but it doesn't explain what is what. Do you know?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Alda, I hope you're not in too much pain. The last time I went my Dentist gave me pain pills for about 5 days and I only needed them the first day. Of course they helped with my leg so after a few days I figured that out and took them for that instead.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Deb - that 23.10 is the fees on each ticket. If you buy your tickets when they first go on sale they are cheaper, then they raise as it gets closer. We have worked one of the beer booths before and of course got in free. Many locals pay $15 to admission inside the parking gates, but not inside the 'Roo Gate, they go just for the music and not up close. We actually can hear it from our house on the porches. Sometimes we go to a friend of dh that land backs up to it, you can hear real good there. Its cleaner and we cook out and of course there's plenty of kegs. He lets locals and his friends family camp in his field, cheap or for free.

Jackie if you ever decide to come to it, I have a spare bedroom and probably two, Bug is going with her Dad this year, he works and gets her in free. I imagine she will be doing that from now on.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

My dentist is HOT. Doesnt hurt near as bad when you are drooling and look at him real close. lol

Page 2 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics