Page 3 of 64 
Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
My dentist is HOT. Doesnt hurt near as bad when you are drooling and look at him real close. lol

LOL this certainly would make it easier! I HATE the dentist and the bill equally as much!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to scrapbrarian

wow...I just finished catching up on the old thread, and only have 20 min before work to read the 6 pages on this one. I might/might not get finished in time.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Flying_Unicorn

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
and what a pass over sorry.... Good morning Rosita and my dear Rebecca

Good morning Alda!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Quote:
Alda I've heard soo much about you and your wonderfulness from the others I can't wait to get to know you a bit more!

Oh gosh ... who do I owe money too ... lol ... Sincerely though - thanks honey - but they are really lying to ya !

You calling me a liar?

jk lol

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Fortunes Fool Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
Hey everyone!!!!! I'm checking in real quick. I'm so excited to see everyone here! YipEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

THis weekend is supposed to be a real busy one, but the main plans got cancelled. THe event I was supposed to be at got flooded out. So now we are having other plans. Last night those included cocktails, exploding diet coke and the time warp.

Oo the time warp-love it!! Add in cocktails and a diet coke in any form and it sounds like you had a fabulous night Traci!!

It was fun! We taught the 2yo how to do the time warp ( that was before the alcohol), Made our own diet coke fountain with Mentos, and then had way to much rum and schnapps. But it was fun Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day, but my friends turned it into a fis tracis house day. THe installed my new dishwasher, Cleaned up my backyard and started pulling weeds. THen we BBq'd braughts, Made another Diet coke fountain, and sat around the fire. It was a good day.

It sounds like a wonderful day.

Ummm...never heard of a coke fountain with Mentos.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
Hi Everyone!

If there is still room I would love to join up! I've spent some time looking through the previous thread and it seams like a lot of fun!

Let me know if you have room for little ol' me!!

Welcome Joellio! I look forward to getting to know you.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

oooh, I love me some feel good shows. I haven't heard of this one.

Have you seen "Off the Map"? That's my new fav

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

ok, I'm caught up on here...and will be clocking in 15 min late today, so that means I have to work 15 min over.

I'm taking off Friday and letting my kids skip school to go to the opening of Dollywood.

Then week after next I'm off the whole week for spring break!

Oh, here's a picture of the wordbook I've been working on. Martha loved it and was showing it off. I didn't put my name on it, I just wrapped it and put it on her piano bench Sunday morning, and she knew who made it. That made me feel very good.
Bishop By Rosita

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

I have not heard of either of these shows ... I may not watch a lot of television but no one I know has mentioned them ....
There is not a lot of "feel good" reality style shows anymore .....
I tuned in for 15 minutes to one of the Housewives of whatever county and was repulsed by it ... I treat strangers better than they treat their friends ... but I guess it makes for tv ratings ...
I have caught a few episodes of Undercover Boss .. and always cried at the end when they gifted the employees with something ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
ok, I'm caught up on here...and will be clocking in 15 min late today, so that means I have to work 15 min over.

I'm taking off Friday and letting my kids skip school to go to the opening of Dollywood.

Oh, here's a picture of the wordbook I've been working on. Martha loved it and was showing it off. I didn't put my name on it, I just wrapped it and put it on her piano bench Sunday morning, and she knew who made it. That made me feel very good.
Bishop By Rosita

Beautiful Rosita

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Bishop By Rosita

Left you some love in the galery!

Back to this whole concert thing... can anyone tell me when lyrics to pop songs got so vulgar... man I think I'm getting old.

It was one think when my daughter was signing about kissing girls when Katy Perry's song came out... made me cringe a little but OK. Then came Kesha with Tik Tok, I heard my baby girl signing about brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack and I took some comfort in realizing that she didn't really know what it meant. But last night well I just about flipped when she was signing the new Rihanna's S&M song! My precious little 10 year old singing about whips and chains excite me and the smell of s.e.x. have you heard this song... It is catchy, good beat and I actually really liked this song until I heard it coming out of my daughter's mouth!

It is insane!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-23-11 05:27 AM

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to 888

Hey Ladies!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to JMorales

Wow you were all busy chatting while I was away. Have a great day ladies!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to tinadn

Jackie oh my gosh look at your avi!!! How completely adorable are you two! I moved to the big city after college and so I am now forced to pay the outrageous prices for movies as well-but we go to a theater with a VIP section also when we do midnight showings. They have reserved seating so it is really nice to get there 15 min before it starts, not deal with crazy teens, have a drink in the lounge and have sliders instead of popcorn!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Danelle I am glad you made it safely! We are having a major storm right now also and tons of people are getting into accidents, there was a jackknifed semi on our major interstate during prime rushhour this morning too! Sounds like we should all just stay home!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Morning ladies!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Deb - that 23.10 is the fees on each ticket. If you buy your tickets when they first go on sale they are cheaper, then they raise as it gets closer. We have worked one of the beer booths before and of course got in free. Many locals pay $15 to admission inside the parking gates, but not inside the 'Roo Gate, they go just for the music and not up close. We actually can hear it from our house on the porches. Sometimes we go to a friend of dh that land backs up to it, you can hear real good there. Its cleaner and we cook out and of course there's plenty of kegs. He lets locals and his friends family camp in his field, cheap or for free.

Jackie if you ever decide to come to it, I have a spare bedroom and probably two, Bug is going with her Dad this year, he works and gets her in free. I imagine she will be doing that from now on.

Now that sounds fun!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
  • Rosita Said:

Bishop By Rosita

Left you some love in the galery!

Back to this whole concert thing... can anyone tell me when lyrics to pop songs got so vulgar... man I think I'm getting old.

It was one think when my daughter was signing about kissing girls when Katy Perry's song came out... made me cringe a little but OK. Then came Kesha with Tik Tok, I heard my baby girl signing about brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack and I took some comfort in realizing that she didn't really know what it meant. But last night well I just about flipped when she was signing the new Rihanna's S&M song! My precious little 10 year old singing about whips and chains excite me and the smell of s.e.x. have you heard this song... It is catchy, good beat and I actually really liked this song until I heard it coming out of my daughter's mouth!

It is insane!!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

hi girls

suzi that sounds really fun for bug. im sure she'll love it!

rosita that's a great word album!

joelle - im a bit younger but still agree these lyrics are ridiculous. i sing along to them sometimes but then think what the heck? that new rhianna song is a bit much though... especially all these rappers too. i liked tupac way back in the day bc his lyrics were actually meaningful not this garbage that is out now...

annie - thanks ya we usually go to later shows or know which theaters to avoid because of the teens lol. on mark's and my first date we didn't avoid that mistake and i had to tell some of the kids to tone it down (not that nicely of course lol) (they were throwing popcorn and shouting the whole time behind us) he just looked at me in amazement lol but it must not have bothered him too much seeing were still dating

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to jackie9635

Good Morning ladies. Another night with no sleep. I don't get it. I'm tired and I lay there for hours and the sleep just won't come. Any Who.....

Jackie, that new avi of you and Mark is adorable. He doesn't look like a towering inferno in this one either. LOL!!

Rosita, I too like 'Off the Map'. I like so many shows that I'm usually recording 2-7 or so every night and I don't even have cable. LOL!!! Who needs it?

Alda, I like Undercover Boss too!! The 'Secret Millionaire' is so good. The episode I saw was about a lady who at the age of 21 was homeless and penniless. She started a business out of the trunk of her car and a payphone. She's now a millionaire. She went undercover to the slums of Knoxville and looked for volunteer projects in the community.

She finds a food kitchen run by 84 year old twin ladies. They and a few volunteers cook for maybe 50 homeless people. I mean 'real' meals too. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, etc. The millionaire lady helps a few days and moves on.

Then she finds a non profit music school type thing that donates instruments to the kids in the projects. Some of the kids are actual protege's and have earned scholarships to college because of the organization.

The final place she goes to she helps decorate a room for a little girl that has cancer. I mean they deck it out. They sew the curtains right there, paint, everything.

She cried, I cried, we all cried. At the end she tell them she's a very successful business woman and donates between $20,000 and 40,000 to each org. She even goes back and gives 10,000 to the family of the little girl with cancer.

It really is a touching show. And you being the wonderful, generous lady that you are would really love it.

Oh, and by the way, when did you say you were coming to see me????????

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote of the day:

There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.

-Sylvia Plath

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

deb - hahaha thanks. we were actually able to sit in this one (it's when we saw bon jovi). that show sounds really good. i rarely watch reality shows. i think most of the time they're really scripted and bad lol. occasionally i'll watch extreme home makeover then i'll get all teary eyed lol. but don't get me started on those on mtv. "teen mom" and "jersey shore" ughhh

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
Hey everyone!!!!! I'm checking in real quick. I'm so excited to see everyone here! YipEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

THis weekend is supposed to be a real busy one, but the main plans got cancelled. THe event I was supposed to be at got flooded out. So now we are having other plans. Last night those included cocktails, exploding diet coke and the time warp.

Oo the time warp-love it!! Add in cocktails and a diet coke in any form and it sounds like you had a fabulous night Traci!!

It was fun! We taught the 2yo how to do the time warp ( that was before the alcohol), Made our own diet coke fountain with Mentos, and then had way to much rum and schnapps. But it was fun Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day, but my friends turned it into a fis tracis house day. THe installed my new dishwasher, Cleaned up my backyard and started pulling weeds. THen we BBq'd braughts, Made another Diet coke fountain, and sat around the fire. It was a good day.

It sounds like a wonderful day.

Ummm...never heard of a coke fountain with Mentos.

Ours was nowhere near this fancy, but you get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoB0MHVBvM

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Jackie I love the new avi! Great photo of you two!

Rosita fab word book...left you some love

Just efiled my taxes! Now I'm thinking about some scrapping supplies...hmmmmmmm

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• Sassy Suzi Said:
My dentist is HOT. Doesnt hurt near as bad when you are drooling and look at him real close. lol

LMAO... no I suppose that doesn't hurt at all.

I always think though.. man I've got a hot dr and I'm sitting here drooling or weird looking because of the positions I'm in. Too funny...

Only thing worse is a hot gyno. When I had my last child, my gyno was smokin hot too.. and this kid ended up being 10 lbs.. delivered naturally... I'm like REALLY??? hahah!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

We tivo that one Rosita.. it's one of our new fav's too!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Good afternoon!! It's a really busy time at work... now until April 15th. Gotta love assessment rolls!!

Rosita.. fun book!!

Thanks Annie.. I was a little scared. I thought I'd end up in the next county with the winds!! I was thinking "Auntie Em Auntie Em" LOL Hope your roads are clear for a safe trip back home from work

TinaD.. this is a very chatty bunch.. you'll learn to speed read and laugh with your legs crossed... many wonderful humorous ladies in this group.

Jackie.. I too love the new avi!!

I'm really struggling to get my lungs clear from this sickness. I didn't mention it but last week had a relapse and was running a high fever and home from work sick again. I'm using an inhaler and just finished round #2 with antibiotics. I think this one may be a cross from allergies and just a virus needing to run it's course. Since I finished my antibiotics, my lungs actually hurt worse. I love spring but it gets me every year!

But.. on a better note, I have a friend coming over to scrap with me on Sat. She is just getting started and I'm excited to show her all the things she can do!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

joellio, it's funny you mention the rihanna song, because we had a conversation about it at lunch. a coworker was driving her teenager daughter and a friend, and they wre singing along to this on the radio. When the mom (my coworker) pointed out to them what it was actually saying about whips and chains, they were like "oh yeah, that's right, shut that OFF!!"

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Tina scraps

thanks for the love girls

danelle hope you're feeling better. but that is good that you're having a friend over to scrap

tres how close are you to your scrappy goal?

im finally buckling down this month and im going to start saving money starting now. so im trying to stay out of the scrappy stores (i have a lot as it is and more comes each month bc of this swap so that should hold me over). And now that im going to the gym i will probably be eating out less (so that will save money too).

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

• Tina scraps Said:
joellio, it's funny you mention the rihanna song, because we had a conversation about it at lunch. a coworker was driving her teenager daughter and a friend, and they wre singing along to this on the radio. When the mom (my coworker) pointed out to them what it was actually saying about whips and chains, they were like "oh yeah, that's right, shut that OFF!!"

I try to censor what she listens too but it's so hard and I try to explain that the lyrics are not nice I don't want to get into the why it isn't appropriate... she is still too young but it seams to me that she and her friends are growing up to fast as it is... I miss the Barney days!!

Her and her friends are all about Katie Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga... I'm grateful that they will also through some of the boy bands into the mix... there lyrics are much better!! Most of the time at least!

Hard to find quality role models these days!! I suppose it was the same when I was younger but somehow I don't remember anything quite like this at her age!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to Joellio

How does this swap work... I know the limit and the teasing and the wish list but will the hostess PM us with our sisters and when are they assigned?... and who is the little sister and the big sister... I noticed that on the previous thread.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Love the new avi Jackie!

Traci the video was awesome. I read a comment below it about the ants loving it. Then I thought good thing it was diet, not near as sticky.

I am staying away from buying for myself until after the retreat. I may need glue but that is it. I do have a project for VBS. I am going to print out Biblical names on yellow cs and cut 6" stars, then cut out white 10" stars and glue the yellow ones onto the white ones. I will be buying supplies for that projects but that is it. At least I get some more ink, atg glue, new mats, and blades out it from dh. We are going to purchase the stuff ourselves. The theme is NY NY.

I am almost finish with my ugly paper challenge and I am going to enter it in your challenge Rebecca.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
How does this swap work... I know the limit and the teasing and the wish list but will the hostess PM us with our sisters and when are they assigned?... and who is the little sister and the big sister... I noticed that on the previous thread.

The hostesses will send us a private message at the end of the month to let us know who we are assigned to. Ex: If you had to buy me stuff for the swap I would be the little sister and you would be the big sister. The big sister does the spoiling.

Hope that helps.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Suzi that sounds like a fun project. Good luck with the scrappy budget also.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

I try to censor what she listens too but it's so hard and I try to explain that the lyrics are not nice I don't want to get into the why it isn't appropriate... she is still too young but it seams to me that she and her friends are growing up to fast as it is... I miss the Barney days!!

Her and her friends are all about Katie Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga... I'm grateful that they will also through some of the boy bands into the mix... there lyrics are much better!! Most of the time at least!

Hard to find quality role models these days!! I suppose it was the same when I was younger but somehow I don't remember anything quite like this at her age!

Agreed. I did just read an article on Hillary Duff though. She was in my city today volunterring. She was stuffing backbacks with healthy foods/snacks for kids that are homeless/underprivileged. I think she is a great rolemodel for kids. Unlike many of the other "stars" out there. Especially some of the disney ones. They're pretty out there as well...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

I always think though.. man I've got a hot dr and I'm sitting here drooling or weird looking because of the positions I'm in. Too funny...

Only thing worse is a hot gyno. When I had my last child, my gyno was smokin hot too.. and this kid ended up being 10 lbs.. delivered naturally... I'm like REALLY??? hahah!

I'm moving ... HOT dentist I am there ... fantasies may help to to take away the pain today ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Deb : I will have to check it out the series.. it sounds heartwarming .. which channel is it on .. I will see if back episodes are on demand ..I usuallyhave some good old fashion rock and roll & my Meatloaf (okay always Meatloaf) playing in the background when I scrap .. I need noise and if I watch a movie on demand it takes me 10 hours since I have to always restart it ...

I was planning the last week of March - but we are moving our office ... so it may not be till May ... but I really would like to spend a weekend with you I miss ya !

Jackie that is one of the nicest pics of you and Mark that I have seen so far

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Do you really think the kids are listening to the words or or really understanding them ... or simply liking the beat and rhythmn? I never censored what my child listened too ... I just kept instilling the mere fact that woman are to be respected when he went through the hip hop phase ... I know my friends child questioned the Katie Perry song .."I kissed a girl and liked it.... she explained it in a non sexual manner... he still sung along .. never really understanding the words .. it does have a good catchy beat and rhythm to it ...

Maybe I am showing my age ... but we all must remember Madonna's like a Virgin ... and the uproar from mom and dad when we sung along

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

So..I'm at work still-supposed to be gone at 4, but my car is stuck in the parking lot...I love snow..I love snow...

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to lynnde

Hi everyone!!!!! I'm in, so please add me to the list! Yay! cant wait to get my new lil sis!!!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to youvegotmel

Hi Alda! SOOO happy to see you here, I've been missing you terribly! Seriously, I have a huge smile on my face since I saw you on the thread!

Welcome to the new girls too! wooohooo! You're oging to love this swap..our group of swappers/scrappers/friend s are the best ANYwhere on the net!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Deb I did see part of the episode you described but I forgot to set it to record on my dvr, so I am going to try and rembmer to do that tonite...

I have a plan!!! How about YOU and ALDA both just come to my house for a long weekend visit! You'd make my whole year! I miss you girls! Matt needs his fix!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

alda - thanks

yes with the music i think kids are just listening to the beat and not really paying attention to the words. i do that a lot too. i'll sing along and then realize what im singing lol.

annie - oo no i hope you get out of there soon..

mel welcome back

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• youvegotmel Said:
Deb I did see part of the episode you described but I forgot to set it to record on my dvr, so I am going to try and rembmer to do that tonite...

I have a plan!!! How about YOU and ALDA both just come to my house for a long weekend visit! You'd make my whole year! I miss you girls! Matt needs his fix!

I hear ROAD TRIP ... what you say Deb .. top down and zoom zoom ... okay maybe a plane .... I'm game in May/June and you Deb ?

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Manly - Birthday Card By Flying_Unicorn

My one a year manly card for my Brother-in -Law ... so yes that means the child never gets a handmade card .. lol ... there goes mother of the year award again ...

Sister B-day Card By Flying_Unicorn
and my sister's girly girl card ...
Both received and since my sister is on this sight and fb and now received .. I can post ...

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

I have to agree with jackie and alda about the music. There are so many songs that I love because of the music, because the lyrics are awful. Makes me wonder why they can't find better writers.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Sherrenae

Alda those cards are lovely.

Mel glad you are in for this round.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Sherrenae

Alda - great cards

I remember Like a Virgin and such.....I think its always "bad" when you are the mom and not the kid

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to parisdame

Alda, those cards are amazing. Well, Matt, Alda, I am home ALONE!!! No man, no kids, just a poor old dog and a cat that really misses chewing on Mel's feet. Wouldn't it be better to have a slumber party at my house? Tiki hut, pool, no close neighbors. Well except for Gina and Rob next door who would probably join us. Michelle might even come by if the game was fun. LOL!! Speaking of Michelle, she and Tony just came down and cleaned the pool. I know, I know, it's just a little above ground but it's wet and it's cool since it will probably be May before I can expect any girlfriends!!!

For that mater, I'm sure Christine will come along too since she's less that 2 hours away. Maybe June since the retreat is in May. Or after the first week of May is good too.

Alda I'll keep my eyes out for that show. I recorded it so I'm not sure what night or station it's on. AND!!!! Are you watching Celebrity Apprentice??????? If not, you NEED to. Your hunka hunka burning Meatloaf is on there...........

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Annie, I can't believe it's still snowing where you live. I know we can't speak about it, but do you live at the North Pole!!!

Tonight is TV deluxe!!!!

The Middle, Modern Family, Mr. Sunshine, Survivor, American Idol, America's Next Top Model, Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior.

Yes I'm a TV junkie!!! But it's FREE!!! Who need cable???? Time to start the recorder!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsAnnieS

I always find trying to sensor what they listen to nearly impossible. They hear it on the bus, at the skating rink at the pool after school with their friends etc.

My ex's parents used to have a fit over my kids listening to Eminem. I happen to really enjoy that music.. and it was my CD that she took from them. That one I wasn't to happy about.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Alda.. that manly card is fantastic! Well they both are... but I really really love the manly card! I'm gonna start taking lessons from you!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • lynnde Said:
LOL Tina.. if I hadn't been sick so much in the last few weeks I'd be right on that!!!

Hi Joellio! Nice to have you join us.. you will love this swap!

now I don't even remember what I said! bahhahaha.

welcome to all the new people - including the other Tina! don't worry, they can just call me troublemaker, lol

Troublemaker? I think our new friends will find that hard to believe....

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• jackie9635 Said:
hi girls

suzi are you going to bonaroo? ive always wanted to go. i like most of the bands that are playing. im into the indie music. i went to lolla two years ago. i was thinking of going this year but i prbly wont. it's always a blast tho!

annie wow so jealous. here you can't get those prices at all! we have this one theatre here that the "vip" section is $20 per ticket. they have HUGE comfy chairs (you split a loveseat with a person) and you can have alcohol and real food there. but i rarely do that only if it's someone's bday because that's too much money.

alda i hate the dentist too! glad it wasn't that painful

joelle - welcome

oo boy am i sore. the workout from yesterday is starting to kick in along with tonight's. i did about an hour and a half but taking a break tomorrow then starting up again on thursday...

Heeeeeyyyy - cute new avi of you two, Jackie!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

I'm pleased to be able to share that Secret Millionaire was a UK show first!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Really? Seems we sort of 'borrow' a lot of show from you Brits. Did you ever watch it?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Bishop By Rosita

This turned out great!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Love the new avi Jackie!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Rebecca here is my entry for your contest. This is actually your CJ layout. I’ve had that paper for over a year and it was my first time doing hidden journaling. You can lift each of the circles to see the journaling.

I am me... By Jackie9635

I also have mel's and suzi's pages up as well. But I think I might edit Mel's. looking back at it I'm not happy with it. So I'll probably add to it.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

aww thanks for all the love girls

Alda I LOVE those cards!! especially the guy one. It's so hard to come up with a masculine card.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:
Quote of the day:

There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.

-Sylvia Plath

Love this quote Deb!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • lynnde Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

I'm moving ... HOT dentist I am there ... fantasies may help to to take away the pain today ...

Alda you are so funny!!

Reminds me of looking for a dentist 30 yaesr ago and my old boss recommended hers. After my first appointment I came back and told her I better never get that gas they used to give you to put you kind of out of it, because I might say something innapropriste because he was Hot!

Next time I had an appointment he told me that she told him what I said!!! Talk about embarrassing!!

Thirty years later he is still my dentist and he has aged very well!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• jackie9635 Said:
Rebecca here is my entry for your contest. This is actually your CJ layout. I’ve had that paper for over a year and it was my first time doing hidden journaling. You can lift each of the circles to see the journaling.

I am me... By Jackie9635

I also have mel's and suzi's pages up as well. But I think I might edit Mel's. looking back at it I'm not happy with it. So I'll probably add to it.

Oh Jackie,I doubly love it because it's so cool and it's mine!! Would it look suspicious if it won the challenge? JK, Michel will pull a winner my random drawing.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

If you are going to participate in my March challege post here on the new thread okay? So far I have entries from;

Danelle CJ pages for Suzi

Deb Heaven Sent

Rosita Wilder Tower

Tina Fun with Brandon

Jackie I Am

Am I missing anyone??

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Alda love those cards!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

So guess where Michael and I spent the evening?? In Urgent Care!!

I have been having chest pressure all day and my arm felt really heavy and my gut told me it was nothing but I figured I'd better get it checked out. They diagnosed it as a muscular problem and prescribed 600 mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day and 5 mg valium at bedtime.

Best news? There was no out of pocket charge for the UC visit!

Guess I'd better go take my drugs and get some rest!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

rebecca i hope you feel better at least it wasn't expensive...

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

So I finally finished my first quilt. It’s not perfect but I’m more than happy with it (especially since this is only the third project ever I’ve used my sewing machine for). Plus it was my first quilt I’ll give it to Mark on Friday. I even included a little “Care Instructions” sheet that I laminated (and decorated using stamps that danelle gave me and embossing powders that Alda gave me). Plus I had little tags made with my name so I sewed one on it.

My First Quilt By Jackie9635

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Deb-doodle Said:
Alda, those cards are amazing. Well, Matt, Alda, I am home ALONE!!! No man, no kids, just a poor old dog and a cat that really misses chewing on Mel's feet. Wouldn't it be better to have a slumber party at my house? Tiki hut, pool, no close neighbors. Well except for Gina and Rob next door who would probably join us. Michelle might even come by if the game was fun. LOL!! Speaking of Michelle, she and Tony just came down and cleaned the pool. I know, I know, it's just a little above ground but it's wet and it's cool since it will probably be May before I can expect any girlfriends!!!

For that mater, I'm sure Christine will come along too since she's less that 2 hours away. Maybe June since the retreat is in May. Or after the first week of May is good too.

Alda I'll keep my eyes out for that show. I recorded it so I'm not sure what night or station it's on. AND!!!! Are you watching Celebrity Apprentice??????? If not, you NEED to. Your hunka hunka burning Meatloaf is on there...........

Donald Trump my Idol of Idols ... less the hair please ... and Meatloaf on the same show its simple - do not call do not write .. do not come over on Sundays from 9-11 I am glued to the television...

but that survivor character Richard I believe, I despise him... I have never watched an episode of survivor

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
I always find trying to sensor what they listen to nearly impossible. They hear it on the bus, at the skating rink at the pool after school with their friends etc.

My ex's parents used to have a fit over my kids listening to Eminem. I happen to really enjoy that music.. and it was my CD that she took from them. That one I wasn't to happy about.

LOL... thats funny... sorry never understood him or his music but a lot of my friends love eminem ..

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• jackie9635 Said:

I am me... By Jackie9635

this is wonderful jackie ... ummmm wondering what the journaling says ... you need to share please ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• scrapbrarian Said:

I have been having chest pressure all day and my arm felt really heavy and my gut told me it was nothing but I figured I'd better get it checked out. They diagnosed it as a muscular problem and prescribed 600 mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day and 5 mg valium at bedtime.

Sorry for the all evening event ... glad they gave you something for this moment ... but I believe that your statement of making an appt with your regular doctor was cut off ... when is that appt?

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Ladies thank you very much for the sweetness on the cards .....it does make me blush ....

Jackie ...love that quilt- simply amazing ..

Rachel - and we are even stealing the X Factor too...there are a lot of shows that have been americanized that were originally British...

sweet dreams .. another day in paradise tomorrow !

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • lynnde Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

My dentist's computer screen had pics of his baby, his beautiful wife, and all of his extreme sports he's into. He's a hottie with a body.

Talking about OB/GYN the 1st one I had was okay, ex fb player and huge arms. I really liked him. Then 2nd was another ex fb player that was a hottie too. I'm talking tall dark and handsome! I really liked him. The #2 dr went on to Atlanta or more advance stuff.
OM I just did a search on him and found a photo, he is still a very good looking man, just imagine him 27 yrs ago. And he is known world wide!

http://www.thomasllyons.com/dr__lyons.htm

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • youvegotmel Said:

I hear ROAD TRIP ... what you say Deb .. top down and zoom zoom ... okay maybe a plane .... I'm game in May/June and you Deb ?

Alda you pick up Deb, then you can me up at Rosita's and we'll all go to Mel's - Can I come to Mel? Please pretty please.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• scrapbrarian Said:

Rebecca, Please take care of yourself. I am glad it wasnt as bad as it sounded at first. Saying a prayer for you.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

We had a scared at church tonight. Adults were in the sanctuary for Bible study with the pastor when two men working with the children came in and interrupted. The tornado sirens were going off. They had all the children, we have about 180 -200 each Wednesday night, in the hall ways. It was pouring rain too. They said it was about 20 minutes away. When they decided it was safe to go they needed to use all of the vans and buses to get the children home in a hurry. They took my van I drive, I have the teens. They were going to make me stay at the church with the teens until they return with the van. Granted I drive the farthest, 45-60 minutes out and then back. Finally the man that took my van key asked,"where do you drop off in town?" I said I had 5 in town and the others in ten buck too - Dustin's house! He said that's North Coffee county that's where the tornadoes hit, I know! There is a deacon that lives 2 miles from Dustin but refuses to give him a ride home, he such a grouch. I told Dennis to go on home with Bug, she had softball practice and was home alone and pray for my safe travels. Dh doesnt see good enough at night to drive on the back dark roads and in the rain thus why I drive a van. Pastor said hang on a minute, finally the deacon felt bad and said he would take the two boys that is on on his way home. They finally divided my teens out. DH gave me his Tahoe keys and took my car and would take 1 home - my car is small, so I dropped off the ones in town. One teens was on the phone with his mom who was watching TV and telling us where it was, isnt technology wonderful. He told her we just got on the hwy, our church is in the hollow between two towns and then he turned to me and said it was headed to RF Rd, that is where the church is.

We all got home safe I think, the News showed where the tornadoes touched down and showed none for our county. DH's Tahoe was sitting on empty when I got home, so I went to fill it up. As I was pulling into the Raceway, I saw one of the vans pass by to the apartments by my house.

Go figure I the 2nd oldest driving on Wednesday nights and I drive the farthest out, a van goes to the apartments right behind our subdivision and younger men drive that route. What happened to taking care of your elders of the church? I did volunteer to drive the van to pick up only on Wednesday nights b/c the men didnt get off from work on time. So I picked up and others drove them home. The deacon used to drive them home most of the time. I was asked to drive them home one time, I agreed for one time I said. Within a few weeks it turned into me driving them home more and more. I did tell dh I need to start carrying my pistol with me I guess. Some dont want to drive the teens, I love them. That is where I learn about music. Tonight they had me laughing so hard on the way to church that I got a headache from laughing so much. They were loud and so funny.

Sorry I just had to vent, dh went to bed shortly after we got home.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Quote:
Talking about OB/GYN the 1st one I had was okay, ex fb player and huge arms. I really liked him. Then 2nd was another ex fb player that was a hottie too. I'm talking tall dark and handsome! I really liked him. The #2 dr went on to Atlanta or more advance stuff.
OM I just did a search on him and found a photo, he is still a very good looking man, just imagine him 27 yrs ago. And he is known world wide!

Okay I am in the land of botox and plastic surgery and hard bodies ... and there are NO doctors in my little universe that are hotties like this ... Thats my problem .. I need to go where the men are to find me one of those ....

Oh look party at Mel's - loving it ... you know Mel is so different on line here than in person ... the retreat last year I had tears rolling down my eyes of laughter from her all weekend long .... she is beyond funny and no one is a stranger in her world ...Mel is so ******** awesome !

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:

What exactly do they mean by a 'muscular' problem. Spasms, deterioration, overworking,? What? It could be simple, or complex, but I hope you follow up with a doctors visit. Sometimes those ER results can be way off base.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Quote:

Okay I am in the land of botox and plastic surgery and hard bodies ... and there are NO doctors in my little universe that are hotties like this ... Thats my problem .. I need to go where the men are to find me one of those ....

Oh look party at Mel's - loving it ... you know Mel is so different on line here than in person ... the retreat last year I had tears rolling down my eyes of laughter from her all weekend long .... she is beyond funny and no one is a stranger in her world ...Mel is so ******** awesome !

I have to totally agree with that!!! Talk about being entertained!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Why are we in italics all of a sudden?

Jackie, your pages are all awesome. I'm with Alda, I'm trying to peak under the circles for the journaling. LOL!! Love quilt too. So pretty!!

Suzie, I'm glad you're all home safely!

Good Morning Alda.

I'm off to work. I have to drive way out behind Disney today. I will have a short day though!

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-24-11 03:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.

-Abraham Lincoln

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Gotta dash! Have a good day ladies!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh I forgot Alda, I just wanted to mention how ironic I thought it was that being a vegetarian and all that your favorite guy is Meatloaf. LOL!!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

Morning ladies!

Gotta run but I thought I'd check in and check out some of the chatter! Hope everyone has a good day!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Joellio

Rebecca, glad you're ok. sounds like something I had in college - I think they called it castrocondritis or something like that. took ibuprofen for a little while, and then it was fine, never had the problem again.

Can I just say, I'm really not in the mood for stupid or annoying people today? which means 2 coworkers in particular better stay out of my way, lol. can you believe one of the idiots thought it was appropriate to be chomping away loudly on an apple while we were all watching a webinar? and she was sitting right behind me, so it was right in my ear. I looked at her and said that noise is distracting. at first she didn't even realize I was talking to her! she was like "oh, you mean my apple?! I'll move". so she moves further away from me. dufus shouldn't have brought something l ike that to begin with, but I let it go since it wasn't in my ear any more.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Deb it certainly feels like the north pole sometimes! I think it is as close, condition wise, as you can get without leaving the states!

Yesterday we ended up with a total of 8.5 inches-so not as much as they pedicted, but it was heavy wet snow which made shoveling and snow blowing really difficult!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Rebecca I am so glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been! I hope you feel better soon!

I plan on joining your challenge still-I think I am almost done with my page!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Tina I can relate to the coworkers/annoying eating habits. My neighbor eats yogurt every morning-ok not too bad-but she insists on scraping the sides of the container over and over again to get every last bit. Then she munches on carrots all day-and wow she sounds like a horse! I can hear her through my cube walls and my ipod. So I wish you luck dealing with the stupid and annoying!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MrsAnnieS

Rebecca, so glad you went to the doc even tho your gut told you it wasn't anything. You can never be too careful with your health.

You ladies are cracking me up with your coworkers eating habits.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to tinadn

Good Morning Girls!

suzi glad youre home safe. that can be so scary

annie glad you didn't get even more snow...

deb hope you have a good day at work

thanks for all the love on my layouts/quilt girls!

tina and annie talking about bad co-workers lol ive had the worst (there was the girl that would call her friends all day and ask what club/bar they were going to, the one that would never come into work bc she was "sick", and the one that had phone sex with her bf...) but now that im the only secretary there's one of my bosses... he constantly has me do non-work related work. but one of the more annoying things is he has an office yet took over the empty secretary's desk (right across from me/no divider) he'll take calls on speaker phone and not hang up right away or just let the dial tone go off for 2 minutes as he finds the number to call... all while eating food (noisily of course) and playing on facebook (with the volume up) and play showtunes in the background.... ugh lol

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Jackie that is horrible about your boss! But I guess if he is so laid back about it then you don't have to be as rigid? It just seems so unprofessional!

My other cube neighbor does that too! Makes very loud personal calls that get a little too personal-not phone sex-but everything in between! She also sleeps at her desk constantly, complete with snoring! She's been out on maternity leave recently and it has been so blessedly quiet! Don't you just love coworkers???

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

annie you had me cracking up. snoring at the desk?! ours at least take the couch and close the door lol

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Rebecca.. so glad to hear that things weren't more serious with your ER visit. That is so scary! Hope you get it checked out further

It's funny to listen to what irks everyone about co-workers.. I always wonder what mine say about me when I'm not there LOL

Suzi... scary stuff there with the weather.. so glad to hear everyone was safe.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Rebecca, so glad you went to the doc even tho your gut told you it wasn't anything. You can never be too careful with your health.

You ladies are cracking me up with your coworkers eating habits.

LOL!!! Yeah, I'm glad I eat alone. LOL! No telling what annoying, scraping, crunching, or licking habits I have. (And I only licked that yogurt cup once!!! LOL!! just kidding)(I do it all the time.) No, I really don't, but it wouldn't have been noisy at any rate. I did have to eat yogurt once with my putty knife because I forgot my spoon.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• jackie9635 Said:
Good Morning Girls!

suzi glad youre home safe. that can be so scary

annie glad you didn't get even more snow...

deb hope you have a good day at work

thanks for all the love on my layouts/quilt girls!

tina and annie talking about bad co-workers lol ive had the worst (there was the girl that would call her friends all day and ask what club/bar they were going to, the one that would never come into work bc she was "sick", and the one that had phone sex with her bf...) but now that im the only secretary there's one of my bosses... he constantly has me do non-work related work. but one of the more annoying things is he has an office yet took over the empty secretary's desk (right across from me/no divider) he'll take calls on speaker phone and not hang up right away or just let the dial tone go off for 2 minutes as he finds the number to call... all while eating food (noisily of course) and playing on facebook (with the volume up) and play showtunes in the background.... ugh lol

Awww, Jackie, he must just like your company and doesn't want to be in his office alone. LOL!!

I guess it's a good thing I work alone too!! hahaha

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh I forgot Alda, I just wanted to mention how ironic I thought it was that being a vegetarian and all that your favorite guy is Meatloaf. LOL!!

LMAO ... when did you have time to think about things like this ...

I came home early the mouth pain today was too horrible to stay around the office and pretend to be nice....

Debbie we really should live next door to one another .. ohh the fun we could have ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

What drives me mad is the microwave ... really no one can not clean it ... ohh ya .. I have no idea how many times I have unplugged it before leaving the office, place it in the middle of the kitchenette floor with a note - CLEAN ME .... Next morning - someone always gets the hint before I get in ...

No one at my office takes a lunch break - the phones are crazy so we all eat at our desks... and some do not know how to empty their trash cans .... Since their is not a true lunch break if someone leaves early, comes in late or takes a few days off-I have never deducted their pay ... but please learn to clean ...

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-24-11 10:36 AM

• scrapbrarian Said:
If you are going to participate in my March challege post here on the new thread okay? So far I have entries from;

Danelle CJ pages for Suzi

Deb Heaven Sent

Rosita Wilder Tower

Tina Fun with Brandon

Jackie I Am

Am I missing anyone??

I'm working on it this weekend... we have till when?

Page 3 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics