Page 4 of 64 
Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
Mayor
  • 888 on 03-24-11 10:37 AM
In response to jackie9635

• jackie9635 Said:
So I finally finished my first quilt. It’s not perfect but I’m more than happy with it (especially since this is only the third project ever I’ve used my sewing machine for). Plus it was my first quilt I’ll give it to Mark on Friday. I even included a little “Care Instructions” sheet that I laminated (and decorated using stamps that danelle gave me and embossing powders that Alda gave me). Plus I had little tags made with my name so I sewed one on it.

My First Quilt By Jackie9635

Oh Jackie... that is awesome!!! I really do love it!!!!
Also, I am loving your new pic... you and Mark are soooo cute!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-24-11 10:39 AM
In response to 888

I hope everyone is having a good day!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to 888

Hello everyone. I'm trying to clean, wash and read and just trying to stay calm. DH is at the lawyer's office right now for the deposition, hopefully she showed up. I havent heard anything from him yet. The stress is terrible, I just hate the unknown, I want to know what is happening.

Anyway you all do have me laughing talking about your co-workers. Keep the stories coming.

My last job there were two ladies that were completely grouchy all the time. I think if they came in and gave them a 100k raise they would find something to complain about it. They would tell racist jokes and I just got tired of it and told one I didnt want to hear anymore. She turned and looked at me and said I say them all I want and there is nothing you can do about it and returned across the hall to her office. I politely wrote her an email and cc it to the other lady who was over us when the boss was away. I jut told them if I heard one more thing I was going straight to HR and the Boss. I can hear when the other lady gets her email - the ding. She read it and went straight across the hall. . I never heard another. That's when they started ignoring me, but I still came in every day and said good morning with smiles. Not so bad, and I went out to lunch everyday for that wonderful hour with friends.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Flying_Unicorn

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Oh I forgot Alda, I just wanted to mention how ironic I thought it was that being a vegetarian and all that your favorite guy is Meatloaf. LOL!!

LMAO ... when did you have time to think about things like this ...

I came home early the mouth pain today was too horrible to stay around the office and pretend to be nice....

Debbie we really should live next door to one another .. ohh the fun we could have ...

Alda as fast as you drive in your little sports car you can be next door in a minute. I'll be out in the front yard waiting on you. LOL!!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Quote:
Talking about OB/GYN the 1st one I had was okay, ex fb player and huge arms. I really liked him. Then 2nd was another ex fb player that was a hottie too. I'm talking tall dark and handsome! I really liked him. The #2 dr went on to Atlanta or more advance stuff.
OM I just did a search on him and found a photo, he is still a very good looking man, just imagine him 27 yrs ago. And he is known world wide!

Okay I am in the land of botox and plastic surgery and hard bodies ... and there are NO doctors in my little universe that are hotties like this ... Thats my problem .. I need to go where the men are to find me one of those ....

Oh look party at Mel's - loving it ... you know Mel is so different on line here than in person ... the retreat last year I had tears rolling down my eyes of laughter from her all weekend long .... she is beyond funny and no one is a stranger in her world ...Mel is so ******** awesome !

ha! We did have a might fine time didn't we? All i can say is you girls bring out the fun and best in me! I would LOVE a party at Mel's house and EVERYONE's invited! I have two spare bedrooms upstairs, plus a sunporch that is completely closed in and a couch and a sitting room we could slap a mattress down in and a scraproom that could re-stock the shelves of a fine scrapbook store! Bring it ON!!!!!!
Love you miss Alda! Miss you too!

Girls you missed a crazy fun time in Palm Springs...I know I live in a fairly boring state, with no ocean, but I bet we could find LOTS of trouble if you wanted to make a road trip to Mel's house! I'll even cook some gourmet snacks for us and stock up the bar for some extra good times! lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
I hope everyone is having a good day!!

I am Nikilynn. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe by the weekend you'll be 100%.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to youvegotmel

Jackie girl that quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors and the blocking! Me next me next!!!! MY birthday is in August...lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Suzi, you handled that perfectly!!

Mel, all I can say is, 'your poor husband.' LOL!!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Jackie - phone s*x in the office?! OMG to quote the Housewives of New Jersey - WHO DOES THAT?!!!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-24-11 12:11 PM
In response to Tina scraps

So, is there still time to sign up?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

yep, sign-ups don't close until March 31.

Suzi - what happens if she DOES show up for the deposition? sounds like she's caused enough damage/trouble that nothing she says should be credible.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-24-11 12:21 PM

Okay, then I am in!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to vawm

Hey Everyone! I'm so excited! I'm going to CKC tomorrow and Saturday. I'm takin 6 classes and I get to go shopping! My hubby said that I could take all of my birthday money with me as well as what I've budgeted. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish I knew who my secret sis was gonna be so I could shop for her as well.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • tinadn Said:
Rebecca, so glad you went to the doc even tho your gut told you it wasn't anything. You can never be too careful with your health.

You ladies are cracking me up with your coworkers eating habits.

LOL!!! Yeah, I'm glad I eat alone. LOL! No telling what annoying, scraping, crunching, or licking habits I have. (And I only licked that yogurt cup once!!! LOL!! just kidding)(I do it all the time.) No, I really don't, but it wouldn't have been noisy at any rate. I did have to eat yogurt once with my putty knife because I forgot my spoon.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

oo Traci you're going to have so much fun! What classes are you taking? And all the shopping...yay!

Maybe if you pm'd Pink or Rosita they'd get you set up with your sister early? Not sure if that's legal or not!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

traci that's great news. enjoy the shopping!

mel & Niki thanks

Niki are you feeling better yet? Angie has been pretty sick too so I'm trying to stay away so I don't catch it lol.

Suzi I wish we had an HR here that I could complain to lol. They tell lots of racist jokes here too and mainly against mexicans (usually I don't take offense but sometimes it's going past the line).

Alda - Our one boss just asks if we eat anything too smelly to take the garbage outside when we're done otherwise the whole office will smell. maybe you should incorporate that rule.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

ITS ALMOST OVER - YEA!!!!!
Dh returned home with some good news. She is going to sign the parental rights papers and then the adoption papers, if she can still see Bug. DH said it has always been up to Bug, and that we will NOT set certain weekends b/c she is very involved in sports and church activities and sometime she wants to be with her friends, she will not be forced to go. She agreed. So as soon as the papers are drawn up and approved we go before the judge. And she was told both of us are going to adopt Bug, not just dh - she agreed. She is even going to see Bug today after the track meet. Now for everthing to go as stated and sign the papers. Almost over after too long.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Sassy Suzi

You girls can run but you can't hide from me. lol
See I found the new thread on my own

I want to apologize to my big sister and little sister for being scarce last round.

Every one knows things have been in major chaos at my house since Krysta moved in. Making a very long story short I am heart broken to say Krysta is no longer living with us. She left Monday evening having chose to go back to her previous life style/living arrangement. There just isn't anything you can do for someone who doesn't want help. Now Andy and I are trying to put the sadness behind us and move on. Last night we talked about taking a trip.... I am thinking I want to go to Romania and do one of those vampire tours. lol

I sent Dana's package out this week and gave her the tracking number. I do how ever still have Debs March package. I did not have any silver ribbon and I needed it to finish the project up.
I picked some up today and will finish it up tonight so Deb should get it early next week.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

oooh, I love me some feel good shows. I haven't heard of this one.

Have you seen "Off the Map"? That's my new fav

I've never seen Off the Map, but I've watched a few episodes of Secret Millionaire and I really like it.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Suzi - I'm glad to hear your ordeal is almost over.

Trisha- I'm sorry to hear about krysta. unfortunately, you're right, you can't make someone accept help.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
I have caught a few episodes of Undercover Boss .. and always cried at the end when they gifted the employees with something ...

I love watching Undercover Boss.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Wow you were all busy chatting while I was away. Have a great day ladies!

lol...just wait, it's sometimes a challenge to keep up with this thread.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Fortunes Fool

[quote=Fortunes Fool][quote=Rosita][quote =Fortunes Fool][quote=MrsAnnieS][qu ote=Fortunes Fool]Hey everyone!!!!! I'm checking in real quick. I'm so excited to see everyone here! YipEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

THis weekend is supposed to be a real busy one, but the main plans got cancelled. THe event I was supposed to be at got flooded out. So now we are having other plans. Last night those included cocktails, exploding diet coke and the time warp.
[/quote]

Oo the time warp-love it!! Add in cocktails and a diet coke in any form and it sounds like you had a fabulous night Traci!!
[/quote]

It was fun! We taught the 2yo how to do the time warp ( that was before the alcohol), Made our own diet coke fountain with Mentos, and then had way to much rum and schnapps. But it was fun Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day, but my friends turned it into a fis tracis house day. THe installed my new dishwasher, Cleaned up my backyard and started pulling weeds. THen we BBq'd braughts, Made another Diet coke fountain, and sat around the fire. It was a good day.
[/quote]
It sounds like a wonderful day.

Ummm...never heard of a coke fountain with Mentos.
[/quote]

Ours was nowhere near this fancy, but you get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoB0MHVBvM
[/quote]

I have just watched this video - brilliant - I laughed all the way through - what a lot of fun - can't wait to try it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Joellio Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
joellio, it's funny you mention the rihanna song, because we had a conversation about it at lunch. a coworker was driving her teenager daughter and a friend, and they wre singing along to this on the radio. When the mom (my coworker) pointed out to them what it was actually saying about whips and chains, they were like "oh yeah, that's right, shut that OFF!!"

I try to censor what she listens too but it's so hard and I try to explain that the lyrics are not nice I don't want to get into the why it isn't appropriate... she is still too young but it seams to me that she and her friends are growing up to fast as it is... I miss the Barney days!!

Her and her friends are all about Katie Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga... I'm grateful that they will also through some of the boy bands into the mix... there lyrics are much better!! Most of the time at least!

Hard to find quality role models these days!! I suppose it was the same when I was younger but somehow I don't remember anything quite like this at her age!

Do you really think the kids are listening to the words or or really understanding them ... or simply liking the beat and rhythmn? I never censored what my child listened too ... I just kept instilling the mere fact that woman are to be respected when he went through the hip hop phase ... I know my friends child questioned the Katie Perry song .."I kissed a girl and liked it.... she explained it in a non sexual manner... he still sung along .. never really understanding the words .. it does have a good catchy beat and rhythm to it ...

Maybe I am showing my age ... but we all must remember Madonna's like a Virgin ... and the uproar from mom and dad when we sung along

Marvin Gaye's sexual healing 'Lets make love tonight' - my folks would certainly have disapproved!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

[quote=Fortunes Fool][quote=Rosita][quote =Fortunes Fool][quote=MrsAnnieS][qu ote=Fortunes Fool]Hey everyone!!!!! I'm checking in real quick. I'm so excited to see everyone here! YipEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

THis weekend is supposed to be a real busy one, but the main plans got cancelled. THe event I was supposed to be at got flooded out. So now we are having other plans. Last night those included cocktails, exploding diet coke and the time warp.
[/quote]

Oo the time warp-love it!! Add in cocktails and a diet coke in any form and it sounds like you had a fabulous night Traci!!
[/quote]

It was fun! We taught the 2yo how to do the time warp ( that was before the alcohol), Made our own diet coke fountain with Mentos, and then had way to much rum and schnapps. But it was fun Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day, but my friends turned it into a fis tracis house day. THe installed my new dishwasher, Cleaned up my backyard and started pulling weeds. THen we BBq'd braughts, Made another Diet coke fountain, and sat around the fire. It was a good day.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That looks neat, but how in the world do they have diet coke sprayed all over themselves and keep their lab coats white?

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

suzi that's great news so happy it's almost over.

trisha - sorry about krysta...

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
So guess where Michael and I spent the evening?? In Urgent Care!!

I have been having chest pressure all day and my arm felt really heavy and my gut told me it was nothing but I figured I'd better get it checked out. They diagnosed it as a muscular problem and prescribed 600 mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day and 5 mg valium at bedtime.

Best news? There was no out of pocket charge for the UC visit!

Guess I'd better go take my drugs and get some rest!

Rebecca - are you sure thats what they prescribed? Usually the dose is 400mg and maximum per day for adults is 1200mg - so I feel a little anxious that you are taking too much. I just looked it up and you can take more but it isnt recommended.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

well im just waiting around. im going for a "quick" workout with my friend, the dinner, then dance class. im gonna fall right asleep when i get home i think lol

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Deb it certainly feels like the north pole sometimes! I think it is as close, condition wise, as you can get without leaving the states!

Yesterday we ended up with a total of 8.5 inches-so not as much as they pedicted, but it was heavy wet snow which made shoveling and snow blowing really difficult!

Welcome to Alaska then, is it, Annie?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• jackie9635 Said:
annie you had me cracking up. snoring at the desk?! ours at least take the couch and close the door lol

Are these people getting PAID for sleeping?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
If you are going to participate in my March challege post here on the new thread okay? So far I have entries from;

Danelle CJ pages for Suzi

Deb Heaven Sent

Rosita Wilder Tower

Tina Fun with Brandon

Jackie I Am

Am I missing anyone??

I'm working on it this weekend... we have till when?

Yes I really want to have a go too!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:
annie you had me cracking up. snoring at the desk?! ours at least take the couch and close the door lol

Are these people getting PAID for sleeping?

seeing they're the bosses i'd say so lol. they just take a nap if they have night court. bc then they're in the office from like 9am to 9pm.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Annie's friend wasnt a boss though! Unbelievable.

If I had time to stop for a coffee I'd be happy - the new job is taking its toll - but its almost Friday - yay!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

Hey, I want to get paid to sleep

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• scrapbrarian Said:

I have been having chest pressure all day and my arm felt really heavy and my gut told me it was nothing but I figured I'd better get it checked out. They diagnosed it as a muscular problem and prescribed 600 mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day and 5 mg valium at bedtime.

This sounds very serious! Please please please take good care of yourself

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Okay, then I am in!

Victoria!! It's so great that you're joining in!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Suzette and Danelle, so glad to hear that the tornadoes missed y'all.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
You girls can run but you can't hide from me. lol
See I found the new thread on my own

I want to apologize to my big sister and little sister for being scarce last round.

Every one knows things have been in major chaos at my house since Krysta moved in. Making a very long story short I am heart broken to say Krysta is no longer living with us. She left Monday evening having chose to go back to her previous life style/living arrangement. There just isn't anything you can do for someone who doesn't want help. Now Andy and I are trying to put the sadness behind us and move on. Last night we talked about taking a trip.... I am thinking I want to go to Romania and do one of those vampire tours. lol

I sent Dana's package out this week and gave her the tracking number. I do how ever still have Debs March package. I did not have any silver ribbon and I needed it to finish the project up.
I picked some up today and will finish it up tonight so Deb should get it early next week.

Trisha, don't worry about me, I'm fine. Honestly. You girls have been waaaaaay to good to me this round!! But I take it you were one of my uber secret sister's this round.

Sorry to hear about Krista. Hopefully she will make good choices even though she's in a bad position.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Hi Rosita!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Tina scraps Said:
Rebecca, glad you're ok. sounds like something I had in college - I think they called it castrocondritis or something like that. took ibuprofen for a little while, and then it was fine, never had the problem again.

Can I just say, I'm really not in the mood for stupid or annoying people today? which means 2 coworkers in particular better stay out of my way, lol. can you believe one of the idiots thought it was appropriate to be chomping away loudly on an apple while we were all watching a webinar? and she was sitting right behind me, so it was right in my ear. I looked at her and said that noise is distracting. at first she didn't even realize I was talking to her! she was like "oh, you mean my apple?! I'll move". so she moves further away from me. dufus shouldn't have brought something l ike that to begin with, but I let it go since it wasn't in my ear any more.

Ugh. Some people just don't think. And once a sound starts to irritate you, it's hard to block it out.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Jackie that is horrible about your boss! But I guess if he is so laid back about it then you don't have to be as rigid? It just seems so unprofessional!

My other cube neighbor does that too! Makes very loud personal calls that get a little too personal-not phone sex-but everything in between! She also sleeps at her desk constantly, complete with snoring! She's been out on maternity leave recently and it has been so blessedly quiet! Don't you just love coworkers???

How in the world do people like this keep their job?

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

This is my son right now ---->

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
So, is there still time to sign up?

Welcome Victoria!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Fortunes Fool Said:
Hey Everyone! I'm so excited! I'm going to CKC tomorrow and Saturday. I'm takin 6 classes and I get to go shopping! My hubby said that I could take all of my birthday money with me as well as what I've budgeted. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish I knew who my secret sis was gonna be so I could shop for her as well.

I'm so excited for you Traci! Have lots of fun! If you have time, make some address lables with your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to put on the cards at the different booths they have for drawings. It'll save you time.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

oooh, I love me some feel good shows. I haven't heard of this one.

Have you seen "Off the Map"? That's my new fav

I've never seen Off the Map, but I've watched a few episodes of Secret Millionaire and I really like it.

I watch it on hulu.com

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Fortunes Fool Said:

I can't quite tell what the gorilla is doing? have fun at CK though. I'm taking an acrylic album class when it comes to my area in april. have never taken a class there before.

Edited by Tina scraps on 03-24-11 04:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

here's a card I made tonight for a card sketch challenge with my local group.

woman of spirit card By Tina Scraps

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Deb-doodle Said:
Hi Rosita!!!!

Hey Debs!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:

I can't quite tell what the gorilla is doing? have fun at CK though. I'm taking an acrylic album class when it comes to my area in april. have never taken a class there before.

Currently my son is eating a banana and talking like a monkey

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Fortunes Fool Said:

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Rosita, which girl is it that you said you knew on AI?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Really pretty card Tina. You even put a flower on it!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Fortunes Fool Said:

LOL!! What's he doing? Acting like a little monkey eating a banana?

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Okay, then I am in!

Love that you are joining

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Fortunes Fool Said:

You are going to have so much fun and learn so many new things .. can not wait for you to share ... Have a wonderful time !

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Fortunes Fool Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:

Okay i would have said eating you out of house and home ... lol

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Deb-doodle Said:
Rosita, which girl is it that you said you knew on AI?

Lauren

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:

Okay i would have said eating you out of house and home ... lol

My son is doing that now. He's 13 and will be playing football for the high school next year.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rosita

Evening ladies!

Just popping in. I made homemade brownies tonight with my dd...we had fun but it took longer than I had expected.

Jakki~ I LOVE the quilt AND the new avi. You two are such a cute couple.

Trisha~ Sorry things didn't work out with your niece. The trip to Romania sounds like fun though.

I'm sure I've missed a ton of other people...

I have to run again. I still need to pack up my scrap stuff tonight. I'm going to Archivers tomorrow night. I was invited at the last minute today.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrappindmbfan

Deb - actually, there are TWO flowers on it, stacked

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I've been trying to get motivated into making a card. I know once I get started I'll be all into it, but I keep coming back to this computer.

I'm off tomorrow, so maybe I'll go make some coffee.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that was very cool! we did a science experiment about which mentos worked the best, and that was fun, we did about 8 of those, but WOW!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
Deb : I will have to check it out the series.. it sounds heartwarming .. which channel is it on .. I will see if back episodes are on demand ..I usuallyhave some good old fashion rock and roll & my Meatloaf (okay always Meatloaf) playing in the background when I scrap .. I need noise and if I watch a movie on demand it takes me 10 hours since I have to always restart it ...

I was planning the last week of March - but we are moving our office ... so it may not be till May ... but I really would like to spend a weekend with you I miss ya !

Jackie that is one of the nicest pics of you and Mark that I have seen so far

I love Meatloaf...He has been my favorite since I was about 8. I was so excited about celebrity apprentice, but worried too, cuz I had this idea in my head about what he would be like in real life and was afraid he would not be all that I expected him to be....so far not too bad. I had built him up to be a softie with a heart of gold, with a rough exterior! Love his lyrics and voice, and background singers and music! LOVE HIM! stepping off my preaching pedistal.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• jackie9635 Said:
So I finally finished my first quilt. It’s not perfect but I’m more than happy with it (especially since this is only the third project ever I’ve used my sewing machine for). Plus it was my first quilt I’ll give it to Mark on Friday. I even included a little “Care Instructions” sheet that I laminated (and decorated using stamps that danelle gave me and embossing powders that Alda gave me). Plus I had little tags made with my name so I sewed one on it.

It is beautiful, great job!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• scrapbrarian Said:

OMG, I hope you are doing ok now. How do you feel?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

Rebecca - are you sure thats what they prescribed? Usually the dose is 400mg and maximum per day for adults is 1200mg - so I feel a little anxious that you are taking too much. I just looked it up and you can take more but it isnt recommended.

really? My doctor has prescribed 800 mg three times a day for me before. That makes me worried.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to kaykay1010

excessively high/frequent use of ibuprofen can cause problems such as stomach damage, but I think that's from long-term use. they did caution me about it when they put me on a high-dose for short-term use.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Flying_Unicorn Said:
Deb : I will have to check it out the series.. it sounds heartwarming .. which channel is it on .. I will see if back episodes are on demand ..I usuallyhave some good old fashion rock and roll & my Meatloaf (okay always Meatloaf) playing in the background when I scrap .. I need noise and if I watch a movie on demand it takes me 10 hours since I have to always restart it ...

I was planning the last week of March - but we are moving our office ... so it may not be till May ... but I really would like to spend a weekend with you I miss ya !

Jackie that is one of the nicest pics of you and Mark that I have seen so far

I love Meatloaf...He has been my favorite since I was about 8. I was so excited about celebrity apprentice, but worried too, cuz I had this idea in my head about what he would be like in real life and was afraid he would not be all that I expected him to be....so far not too bad. I had built him up to be a softie with a heart of gold, with a rough exterior! Love his lyrics and voice, and background singers and music! LOVE HIM! stepping off my preaching pedistal.

You are my new BFF ... I was really concerned as well... but as long as he was not the first to go ... we are good... I have all of his Cd's x 2 (for the car and the house) ..but as much as we may LOVE him .. the true credit for Meatloaf has to go to Jim Steinman .. Pandora's box awesome CD...

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

I got to Skype with my Hubby!!!!!! ALex got to as well. THey played peek-a boo and tickled each other. It was a wonderful way to spend the last hour!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Looks like this thread is heating up, lots and lots of pages to go through already.

Rebecca &/or Kelly, maybe it wouldn't hurt to call your pharmacist and ask about the prescription dosage if you are worried. I have had several different people in the medical field tell me to ask them as they really know their drugs.

Trisha, sorry about niece- hopefully she will get her act together but I am afraid she will regret missing the opportunity you gave her one day.

Got to see a wonderful lightening storm on the way home tonight, they are also predicting snow for this weekend - ick.

I like Meatloaf, had no idea he was on Celebrity apprentice, but then I don't watch much TV.

I work in a cube farm too, but I think I must be really good at tuning stuff out as I have never had a problem that irked me enough to remember it now. I have certainly heard the stories from others though.

Good night ladies.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
excessively high/frequent use of ibuprofen can cause problems such as stomach damage, but I think that's from long-term use. they did caution me about it when they put me on a high-dose for short-term use.

That stinks because I eat them like candy for my leg.

I hope Rebecca is doing okay. she wasn't on today was she?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Fortunes Fool Said:
I got to Skype with my Hubby!!!!!! ALex got to as well. THey played peek-a boo and tickled each other. It was a wonderful way to spend the last hour!

Awwwww, Traci, that's so nice. I'm sure you and Alex both feel much better.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I am getting caught up, everyone added to the front page, and trying to remember all that I read.

So here goes, from memory (what little I have )

WELCOME VICTORIA! We are happy you found us and signed up!

Alda...YOU are SO generous! Don't believe her if she tells anyone anything else! I have a photo to prove it! And those cards are amazing!

Jackie~your new avatar is gorgeous, as always. Such a cute photo... And that quilt is to die for! I have bribed, begged, and pleaded with Rosita to make me one (I would pay of course...but now that you are making them too, I have someone else to bug! ) I'm kidding...but it is so good! You are very talented

Tina M(ajor pain) Thank you for your quick response in sending in your survey! You know I love ya!

REBECCA~ I can't believe you were in urgent care and you didn't call or text me! I am so very happy that you are okay! I would have been there in a quick minute if you needed me~!

Debbie~love all the quotes...I found one at the restaurant I was at the other day...
"as you slide down the banister of life, may none of the splinters be aimed in the wrong direction!" I thought of you when I read it...not for the saying, just for the quotes

Sherri, Melody, Suzi, Rosita, Annie, Kelly,Tres, Traci, New Tina, ...glad you are here. I'm sorry if I am blanking on everyone. I'll be back tomorrow.

Trisha~are you joining in again?

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to thinkpink22

Hi everyone!
So happy to see everyone over here! Kimberly, you have a great memory! I have to open two screens when Im trying to catch up on everything. when I do it from memory, i miss ALOT! LOL

Trish, I hate to hear Krysta decided to go back. she had it so good at your place. My heart goes out to you. I know you tried your very best to help her have a better future.

Deb, my hubby is ALWAYS the designated driver. He's one of those guys who does NOT like to be teh center of attention but he does enjoy being on the sidelines and being sure everyone had a good time. He doesn't drink much at all and is happy to drive me and my friends around if we want to have a margarita or two. Such a good sport! lol I wish ya'll would REALLY consider coming!

Tina, girl I feel ya...one of the girls in our office talks out loud all day about everything she's doing. She narrates her work...whatever she's working on, she talks about it, every detail..so if she's doing registrations, she'll say, Ok, two registrations done, now I need to do the other three, then I'll call the Leaders from so and so troop and we'll talk about the next meeting, and so on and so on! SHe talks very loud, when she sneezes it is the loudest most obnnoxious thing I have EVER hear...she NEVER covers her mouth, even though I tell her every time, to please cover it! When I became her immediate supervisor a couple months ago i talked to her about respecting others in the office, keeping a low tone of voice and being distracting. She's gotten a tad better, but not enough to keep me from wanting to strangle her with my bare hands!

Traci Im jealous
! I want to go! I think Victoria is going too.

speaking of Victoria! yay! so happy to see you here!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to lynnde

Kimberly, I didn't see my name on the front page...or maybe you're not done yet...?? How's Kimberly doin???

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to youvegotmel

hi girls.

boy am i pooped. got an hour work out in then had a quick bite and off to dance class. it was fun though. and im glad im starting in the right direction to getting healthy again.

thanks for all the love on my quilt too! my little brother already placed his order as soon as he saw me making marks. he already has his colors chosen too lol. he even offered to help me! which i thought was great coming from a 17 yr old boy

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Guess what? It's after 8:00 and I am on the internet. I feel like such a big girl. lol
Andy lifted the internet block since we don't have to worry about Krysta on it 24/7.

Jackie: I like the quilt... Beautiful job my friend

Pink: I am thinking I might join again if I am not chased out of the room. lol

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to TrishaLouise

Hello to you all that is still here.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

Hi Suzi!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Traci I looked at the diet coke video and enjoyed watching it.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Traci I looked at the diet coke video and enjoyed watching it.

It was fun to. We have a trigger mechanism that lets us have the cannon without getting messy ourselves.

If Anyone is curious, 7 mentos ( they should be the mint ones) empty a 2liter of diet coke

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Traci how are doing on the cjs. I did one tonight, my first and I am so ready now to do more.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Night going to bed earlier tonight. Have a good Friday everyone.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I'll have to try that sometime Traci. I'm sure the grands would love it. but their parents would hate me when the kids start begging for Diet coke all the time.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Does it have to be diet coke, or will any carbonized beverage work? (I'm thinking if I do this experiment w/ the scouts or my kids, I don't want to waste $1.25 per bottle. I'd rather get the $.79 cent sodas.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Fortunes Fool Said:

Oh Yeah! That is awesome!

Well, I'm headed to Dollywood for a couple of days. If anyone is up in a couple of hours, call me because I'll be driving for a couple of hours and will be free to talk. My sister and the kids will be in the car with me, but I expect them to sleep.

I'm off to take my shower and get ready and pack.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

tgif!!! what is dollywood?

trisha - we can let you slide this one time

I have my annual review this morning and while I'm confident about my actual performance, I'm a little nervous about some of the morale and office communication issues I need to discuss with my boss. She did not react well when my coworker/her friend talked to her recently, but seems to be processing the info a little better. but I refuse to be bullied, and she's turning into one more and more, so I HAVE to say something to her. good thing I have therapy tonight and I can go vent about it after, lol.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
If you are going to participate in my March challege post here on the new thread okay? So far I have entries from;

Deb Heaven Sent

Rosita Wilder Tower

Tina Fun with Brandon

Jackie I Am

Am I missing anyone??

You still have plenty of time to enter Nikilynn, deadline is March 31st!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

Trisha sorry to hear about the choice that Krysta made to return to her former dysfunctional surroundings. A nice getaway with Andy sounds like a perfect plan for the 2 of you.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

Rachel, thanks for your concern. I just double checked the medicine vial and the dose is 600mg 3 times a day for 10 days. Plus the low dose of valium at night. As a I learned last night I'd best take that as I am slipping into bed. Last night I took it and sat here to read the thread, next thing I know hubby is waking me up and I could barely climb the stairs. I don't take meds and that just knocked me out! I slept good though!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

Deb Heaven Sent

Rosita Wilder Tower

Tina Fun with Brandon

Jackie I Am

Am I missing anyone??

Yes I really want to have a go too!

You still have time Rachel, due date is March 31st!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

This sounds very serious! Please please please take good care of yourself

Thanks Rosita, I am going to make a point to take it easy and relax more. Seriously, I think my work stress is contributing so I am leaving early today and coming home to scrap and I am not working this weekend at all!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Have fun at CKC Traci!! Can't wait to hear about your classes and your shopping!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Welcome Victoria!! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

Morning everyone!

I am so happy it's FRIDAY!! I'm hoping to get out and have a little fun for the weekend. Go downhill skiing with my daughter tomorrow, head out to the camp for a sauna and some R&R! Hopefully I'll have a little time to do some scrapping and catch up on some missing sleep! At least that is the plan right now! Did I mention that I am SO HAPPY it is FRIDAY!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

OMG, I hope you are doing ok now. How do you feel?

Thanks for asking Kelly, I am feeling okay, I probably wouldn't have gone to Urgent Care except I was afraid if it was cardiac related and I ignored it I would be in real trouble! Hopefully the full round of drugs will cure it.

Are you feeling any better?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Fortunes Fool Said:

How awesome!! Reading this made me smile!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

That stinks because I eat them like candy for my leg.

I hope Rebecca is doing okay. she wasn't on today was she?

I am good Deb, thanks for thinking of me! Just worked a 12 hour day yesterday and then after taking my valuim sat down to catch-up here and fell asleep right on the keyboard!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
I am getting caught up, everyone added to the front page, and trying to remember all that I read.

REBECCA~ I can't believe you were in urgent care and you didn't call or text me! I am so very happy that you are okay! I would have been there in a quick minute if you needed me~!

Awww, thanks Sweet Pink! I actually thought of calling you earlier in the day to ask if you thought I should tough it out or go to Urgent Care. You know how I am about never wanting to go to a doctor of any kind in case they think a needle full of something could be helpful!!

When they said they were going to do an EKG I asked if it would hurt! She assured me it wouldn't and it didn't. No needles involved!!

Michael came along to hold my hand too!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

Page 4 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics