Page 5 of 64 
Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Traci how are doing on the cjs. I did one tonight, my first and I am so ready now to do more.

Suzi,I finished your cj page over the weekend and just took a pic, hope to post it later today.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
I got to Skype with my Hubby!!!!!! ALex got to as well. THey played peek-a boo and tickled each other. It was a wonderful way to spend the last hour!

Oh Yeah! That is awesome!

Well, I'm headed to Dollywood for a couple of days. If anyone is up in a couple of hours, call me because I'll be driving for a couple of hours and will be free to talk. My sister and the kids will be in the car with me, but I expect them to sleep.

I'm off to take my shower and get ready and pack.

Have fun in Dollywood!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
Morning everyone!

I am so happy it's FRIDAY!! I'm hoping to get out and have a little fun for the weekend. Go downhill skiing with my daughter tomorrow, head out to the camp for a sauna and some R&R! Hopefully I'll have a little time to do some scrapping and catch up on some missing sleep! At least that is the plan right now! Did I mention that I am SO HAPPY it is FRIDAY!!

Sounds like a perfect plan Joelle! Happy Friday!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Good luck with your review Tina! I admire your willingness to tackle tough issues with your boss for the betterment of your workplace! Hope it all goes well.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I'd better get off here and go get ready for work, I am going to be late as it is and i am planning to leave early too!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Wow this moves fast in the evenings. I'm going to have to try to get on then once in a while. I'm usually here in the am.

Funny about the Dollywood vaca, Dolly was just on Good Morning America a few minutes ago. She has a new ride:)

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to tinadn

Oh my gosh! I just typed a big ole post and lost it just as I finished! sheesh!

Oh well, it's FRIDAY! woohoo!!!

Hi Trish!
Rebecca, take good care of you girl! Im glad it turned outto be something not serious and happy Michael was there to hold your hand thru it!

Kimberly, hi!!!! Did you get any more snow?

Tina Im so proud of you for tackling the tough stuff at your workplace! good for you!

Hi Rachel!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to youvegotmel

Quote for Friday:

Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.

-George Eliot

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Does everyone know about Red Friday? Wear something red, preferably a shirt every Friday to show support for our troops overseas. I know it's late notice and you're probably already at work and not wearing red. I'm sorry. I totally forgot to tell you last night.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-25-11 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Good morning!!! T G I F... it's been a week.. and I'm glad it's nearly over. Looking forward to scrapping tomorrow with a friend. I've been missing being able to sit down and just create. I'm working on some charms that I think will be adorable!

My step mom has a bead shop here in the town that I live and she's got some FUN new beads. I need to get over there to get them. It's amazing what they can make with glass.

Looks like everyone is getting a good start on the CJ pages... I want to get back to those too!! May will be here before we know it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to lynnde

Melody...we got pounded with snow! Actually had about 2 feet last week and then it melted and looked like spring might be coming and we had another two days of snow...no school for kids. It's pretty though! What about you? How is weather where you are? And I did get you added...sorry. I thought I had done that but that was the end of my thinking

Rebecca~ I'm so glad you are okay! I was only teasing you about calling...I just am so happy that it turned out to be okay (with no needles...man, you would NEVER survive my life!) Maybe you'd be better with other people getting needles though, as long as it wasn't you!

Alda...girl, I missed your call! I don't want to call you back in case you are busy at work, so maybe I'll try tomorrow or you can call if you get a minute.

Gotta go get ready to go out! I am off tonight (I always am working on Friday nights) and my husband is taking me out to dinner.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Tina M.~good for you!

Kimberly

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

• Deb-doodle Said:

Does everyone know about Red Friday? Wear something red, preferably a shirt every Friday to show support for our troops overseas. I know it's late notice and you're probably already at work and not wearing red. I'm sorry. I totally forgot to tell you last night.

yes ma'am! I'm on it and I have my red shirt on loud and proud!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-25-11 10:26 AM

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

What are the big plans for everyone this weekend?

I'm hoping to paint my new scrapbook room. I'm so excited.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
tgif!!! what is dollywood

Tina Dollywood is Dolly Parton's theme park in Pigeon Forge, TN.
http://www.dollywood.com/

My step some did some commercials for them, here is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/jbenjamin123#p/u/4/JV LsTV52QQ8

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

hi girls

joelle sounds like a great time you have planned!

pink enjoy your night out

niki can't wait to see your room when it's finished

rebecca hope youre relaxing

danelle can't wait to see the charms you made

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Does it have to be diet coke, or will any carbonized beverage work? (I'm thinking if I do this experiment w/ the scouts or my kids, I don't want to waste $1.25 per bottle. I'd rather get the $.79 cent sodas.

It should work with any carbonized drink, cos the experiment uses the calcium carbonate in the mint.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:

Every one knows things have been in major chaos at my house since Krysta moved in. Making a very long story short I am heart broken to say Krysta is no longer living with us. She left Monday evening having chose to go back to her previous life style/living arrangement. There just isn't anything you can do for someone who doesn't want help. Now Andy and I are trying to put the sadness behind us and move on. Last night we talked about taking a trip.... I am thinking I want to go to Romania and do one of those vampire tours. lol

I'm sorry to hear about Krysta! But I'm glad to hear you and DH are trying to move past it, you're right you can't make anyone choose how they want to live their lives, but it is still sad!

And if DH wont go vampire hunting with you I'll go! The Balkans are one of my top choices for a future travel destination!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
Jackie that is horrible about your boss! But I guess if he is so laid back about it then you don't have to be as rigid? It just seems so unprofessional!

My other cube neighbor does that too! Makes very loud personal calls that get a little too personal-not phone sex-but everything in between! She also sleeps at her desk constantly, complete with snoring! She's been out on maternity leave recently and it has been so blessedly quiet! Don't you just love coworkers???

How in the world do people like this keep their job?

I wonder that daily!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
I got to Skype with my Hubby!!!!!! ALex got to as well. THey played peek-a boo and tickled each other. It was a wonderful way to spend the last hour!

How awesome!! Reading this made me smile!

Me too!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Rosita have so much fun at Dollywood! I bet you'll take some great photos!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Deb-doodle Said:

That is so cool, I'd never heard that before, will have to make a mental note for next Friday! I am wearing red undies-does that count??

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Almost time to go home! have a huge list to get through tonight, brush bugbutt, then vacuum about 9 times, get the house looking somewhat decent and finish some pages for this month's challenges, wont have much time this weekend since I'm going on a quilt retreat! Last Saturday was National Quilting Day but we weren't able to have a retreat until this weekend-so the Dachen Machen quilt guild will be meeting Tomorrow and Sunday for tons of food, fun and maybe even some quilting! Will definitely try to check in while I'm away though!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Joellio

• Joellio Said:
Morning everyone!

I am so happy it's FRIDAY!! I'm hoping to get out and have a little fun for the weekend. Go downhill skiing with my daughter tomorrow, head out to the camp for a sauna and some R&R! Hopefully I'll have a little time to do some scrapping and catch up on some missing sleep! At least that is the plan right now! Did I mention that I am SO HAPPY it is FRIDAY!!

Is it possible to go UPHILL skiing?!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

My week is over but I'm now on call for the hospital for the next week. Already had my first call (its 9.30pm). Problems, ER tragedies and not enough beds!

Edited by RachelUK on 03-25-11 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Rosita : have fun at Dollywood ... but I guess this is a little late unless you check in while you are there ...

Joelle : Have a Black Diamond run for me .. Its been 3years since I have gone to Killing-ton to ski ... ahh so jealous ... love it ... miss it ...Enjoy your time with your daughter .. thats awesome!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to MrsAnnieS

Deb : Never heard of Red Friday .. I will have to keep that in mind next week too ..

Pink : Its okay .. I was bored .. needed amusement ...so Google took your place instead ... there was no desire to work today

Trisha .. I do not know the story ... I am sorry ... you can only do so much .. and only when they reach a point may they come back and ask for help ... At this stage I think all you can do is let your daughter know that the door is always open.

No plans this weekend true R&R .. but then again I may hop a plane and go skiing with Joelle ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Fortunes Fool Said:

We do not need heartwarming reality tv .. we have it right here ... this is so dang sweet !

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Almost time to go home! have a huge list to get through tonight, brush bugbutt, then vacuum about 9 times, get the house looking somewhat decent and finish some pages for this month's challenges, wont have much time this weekend since I'm going on a quilt retreat! Last Saturday was National Quilting Day but we weren't able to have a retreat until this weekend-so the Dachen Machen quilt guild will be meeting Tomorrow and Sunday for tons of food, fun and maybe even some quilting! Will definitely try to check in while I'm away though!

It sounds like a wonderful time .. but girl time is always fun .... Enjoy your weekend!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Good morning!!! T G I F... it's been a week.. and I'm glad it's nearly over. Looking forward to scrapping tomorrow with a friend. I've been missing being able to sit down and just create. I'm working on some charms that I think will be adorable!

My step mom has a bead shop here in the town that I live and she's got some FUN new beads. I need to get over there to get them. It's amazing what they can make with glass.

Looks like everyone is getting a good start on the CJ pages... I want to get back to those too!! May will be here before we know it!

Have fun scrapping with your friend, Danelle! I am scrapping with a friend tomorrow too. I hope to work on Kimberly's cj page(s)!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Rebecca~ I'm so glad you are okay! I was only teasing you about calling...I just am so happy that it turned out to be okay (with no needles...man, you would NEVER survive my life!) Maybe you'd be better with other people getting needles though, as long as it wasn't you!

Gotta go get ready to go out! I am off tonight (I always am working on Friday nights) and my husband is taking me out to dinner.

I am not good with needles at all! Unless they are for stitching on sb pages!!

Hope you and Dan had a nice dinner out!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Here are Suzi's cj pages.

They would qualify for my challege this month too since I used the embossing folder for the first time! Also, I made the journal strip pulls w/ some sweet buttons that have been in my stash forever!

TFL!!

bff By Scrapbrarian

bff page 1 By Scrapbrarian

bff page 2 By Scrapbrarian

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Rebecca great pages!
How's everyon's Friday going? I've been in my studio for several hours...Im in the process of getting ready to do a pretty big piece (painting on huge canvas). I am a bit aggrevated right now though. I spent $20 bucks on some gesso and when I got ready to prepare my canvas I used it...it's SO thin it gives almost no tooth at all and no way am I going to be satisfied with that, so I'll have to go tomorrow and buy a more expensive, yet smaller amount, of gesso...should have gone with what I know in the first place! Grrrr!

Anyway, Hi there Miss Alda!
Joelle sounds like you're up for a fun treat ! Im so jealous!

Annie, a quilting meet! cool!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hey gals, checking in from Pigeon forge before falling asleep.

Today at Dollywood was so stressful because of my older sister, but tomorrow should be just fun with just me and the kids (oldest sister picked up the sister who spent the last couple of weeks with me. She thanked me a lot because the sister who lives with her causes A LOT of stress, and she didn't realize just how much until it was gone.) I told her that the crown she's getting in heaven will be so heavy she isn't going to be able to hold it up.

Good night.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Rosita

Rebecca I love the cj pgs. Awesome and so beautiful.

I have been thinking ever since I joined this swap that Kimberly reminds me so much of my gf in GA. They both are so pretty.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Good I get my Betsey back next week!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

That is so cool, I'd never heard that before, will have to make a mental note for next Friday! I am wearing red undies-does that count??

Only if you let them show!!!! LOL!! I dare ya!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Traci how are doing on the cjs. I did one tonight, my first and I am so ready now to do more.

I havent started on them yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get them done in a couple of weeks.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

It's 1 a.m. right now so I'm going to go ahead and give you your quote for the weekend.

Joelle, Have fun skiing , I've never been. I'm just glad you're not having to ski uphill. That sounds like a bummer!!

Alda, I bet you're loving your free weekends although I don't see you relaxing, but try to!!

Rosita, glad you're having a good time. I totally forgot your sister was staying with you. You haven't said much about it. Just grinning and bearing it I guess. It's always a comfort to know that it's only temporary. I feel sorry for your older sister though.

Beautiful pages Rebecca. I'll have to stop by and leave you some love.

Hi Suzi and Mel.

I'm off to go to bed. I've had a long busy day!! Tomorrow Dane and Bree plus the babies are coming, also my cousin and my goddaughter. Busy busy! Fun fun!!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Does it have to be diet coke, or will any carbonized beverage work? (I'm thinking if I do this experiment w/ the scouts or my kids, I don't want to waste $1.25 per bottle. I'd rather get the $.79 cent sodas.

we used generic diet coke, it worked just fine mint mentos work best.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the weekend

As long as you live, keep learning how to live.

-Seneca

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Morning all! Its Saturday, its nice spring weather outside, the hospital is running hunky-dory with no problems, and when I've been into town and done a little shopping, I'm gonna scrap - yay!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:
Good luck with your review Tina! I admire your willingness to tackle tough issues with your boss for the betterment of your workplace! Hope it all goes well.

it was more even for myself, then the overall work environment. she's been acting like a bully, which I'm pretty sure has been from increased, extended pressure both at work and personally. when I was a kid I couldn't do anything about bullies, but darned if I'm going to lie down and take it now! it may not change anything, but it was more about validating to myself that I had the right to say what I was thinking and feeling. The discussion about my performance was good, and it did get awkward when I brought up my 2 main concerns. she handled the first concern (needing more explicit communication) ok, but boy did she start getting angry and defensive when I started talking about how it made me uncomfortable with how she talked to people publicly sometimes!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:
It's 1 a.m. right now so I'm going to go ahead and give you your quote for the weekend.

Joelle, Have fun skiing , I've never been. I'm just glad you're not having to ski uphill. That sounds like a bummer!!

Alda, I bet you're loving your free weekends although I don't see you relaxing, but try to!!

Rosita, glad you're having a good time. I totally forgot your sister was staying with you. You haven't said much about it. Just grinning and bearing it I guess. It's always a comfort to know that it's only temporary. I feel sorry for your older sister though.

Beautiful pages Rebecca. I'll have to stop by and leave you some love.

Hi Suzi and Mel.

I'm off to go to bed. I've had a long busy day!! Tomorrow Dane and Bree plus the babies are coming, also my cousin and my goddaughter. Busy busy! Fun fun!!

Deb have a great time with family, especially those grandbabies!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Morning all! Its Saturday, its nice spring weather outside, the hospital is running hunky-dory with no problems, and when I've been into town and done a little shopping, I'm gonna scrap - yay!

Scrap away!! I'll be doing the same in a bit. My friend Sharon will be joining me today!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

What are your plans for today Tina?? Scrapping at all??

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

of course rebecca! actually, we're having a free crop at the house of the woman who organized our NJ trip - she wants to debrief about the weekend and get feeback, suggestions for the future, etc. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to work on! lol

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Drama, drama, drama! Have I said how much I hate drama?

Guess who showed up on my porch at 11:30 last night? Yep... None other than Krysta (with bags in tow). Seems the wonderful life she thought she was getting wasn't quite what she thought. She was very up set and not in a frame of mind for talking. So I fed her and put her to bed. Andy and I stayed up all night talking about what to do.
So wish me luck and say a prayer for me. No telling how things are going to go from here.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

oh Trisha, she's a teenager girl, drama is what they do best. sorry she was so upset, hopefully she'll tell you what happened this morning. if she's your niece, that means she's your brother or sister's daughter? what's the rest of the family think of the whole situation?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Trisha - I think this is your opportunity to lay down the rules. No more changing her mind. She stays with you, abides by your rules, and is loved and cared for. Of course there will be ups and downs but she must know what is the right thing for her - otherwise she wouldnt have come back!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Good morning girls

Annie sounds like some fun weekend plans

Rebecca love your new CJ pages

Deb have fun with the grands

Rachel, tina and Rebecca have fun scrapping today

Trisha good luck! Maybe she’ll want to stick it out now and try harder…

Well I better start getting ready. I’m going by Mark’s early today because we’re going to the aquarium with his mom so it should be a fun day but im not used to waking up this early lol so I may need a nap when I get back to his house lol.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Actually Tina she is my cousins daughter. I am not really her Aunt but her 3rd cousin. She has just always called me aunt. The whole family has washed their hands of her. It is very sad and NOT all her fault. Her Mom is just messed up and did her best to scr*w her up as well. If we can't work things out her next stop is foster care. It will be her choice. I think she needs so serious psychological help. It is way beyond my realm of knowledge and understanding. Ask me to design and build a building (that I can do in my sleep)... Ask me to build a child and I am clueless.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday at CKC was great! and today I'm going back! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought so much new stuff, and the classes were fun. I've more classes today and I'm so excited! I'll check back in with everyone later!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Only if you let them show!!!! LOL!! I dare ya!

Well call me chicken then!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies, jci, hoping to scrap some this weekend but can't find my table, buried...so that's my first goal.
Have a great weekend!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Trisha I'm so sorry for all that's going on right now! But I think Rachel is definitely right-she knew it was the safe, and right, place to be-I really hope everything works out for you guys!

Jackie the aquarium sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a wonderful time with Mark and his mom!

Traci you must post a photo of all the goodies you got yesterday, and today! All this talk of classes and expos is making me really itchy for our expo in September!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-26-11 07:26 AM
In response to tinadn

Good Morning everyone... Happy Saturday!

Gotta go and get ready for my nephews Birthday Party.

Well, we went shopping for paint last night and I think I found the perfect Pink for my scrapbook room... it's called Bubblegum Pink...Yay!!!!

I'll be babysitting my little nephew tonight.. should be fun.. he is 4

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

it was more even for myself, then the overall work environment. she's been acting like a bully, which I'm pretty sure has been from increased, extended pressure both at work and personally. when I was a kid I couldn't do anything about bullies, but darned if I'm going to lie down and take it now! it may not change anything, but it was more about validating to myself that I had the right to say what I was thinking and feeling. The discussion about my performance was good, and it did get awkward when I brought up my 2 main concerns. she handled the first concern (needing more explicit communication) ok, but boy did she start getting angry and defensive when I started talking about how it made me uncomfortable with how she talked to people publicly sometimes!

I would imagine that you are one of the only ones who she gets any communication from at all. You seem to be able to voice your concerns openly and efficiently, but I suppose that can be off putting if you're not used to it. I'm sure after she thinks about it for awhile, she'll do some adjusting.

I worked for my Dad right after High School. Since I was his daughter he expected me to be perfect. He jumped all over me one day in front of customer. Of course I was mad and humiliated. I left and went home. LOL!! He had to run the store. So finally after about 3 hours I called him and ask him if he wanted me to come back to work. He said Yes, and I went back and had a little discussion with him about how to treat me in front of the customers. He never did that to any of the other employees. Only me. I had to explain that I deserved that same respect. We were great after that. LOL!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Ok so much more I wanted to comment on but need to run and get packed for the retreat. We had a Jehovah's witness at the door this morning at 7:30, Jewel scared the pants off of them-she barks at anyone that comes up the stairs and we don't know in advance, and as part german shepherd she has a pretty big bark-so they weren't eager to stay long thankfully, but I ended up back in bed until close to 10! Lost at least an hour and a half I'd normally have on a Saturday! Plus I have to run to target before I leave! So I hope everyone has an absolute fabulous weekend!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-26-11 07:30 AM
In response to 888

Hello to both Tina's..... how are you girls doing?

Any big plans today Annie?

Hi Trisha.... praying that all goes well Krysta!!!

Hi Miss Doodles... how are you... be on the look out next week for the mail person... I finally got the goodies out in the mail to you!!! Sorry it took so long!!!

Hi Jackie... I keep meaning to tell you.. I LOVE your new Avi... how are you girlie?

Traci... I'm so glad you got to talk to you hubby!! That makes me smile!!!

Rebecca... I hope you have a lovely day!!!

Where is Miss Sweet Pink? I miss you girl

Hi Alda... I'm so glad to see you on here again!!! You're so sweet!!!

Rachel... I've been thinking about you... and your upcoming wedding... I'm so very happy for you!

Edited by Nikilynn on 03-26-11 07:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Wow, sounds like everyone has a fun day planned except for Trisha.

I don't envy that one. But I do think she need some serious therapy. She has probably seen more than any little girl should, not to mention what she's been though. How did she get to your house?

Did her Mom send her packing or did she decide that she hated it in the pits of hell?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I slept until 11 today. So I'm up, having coffee waiting on my grands. I have to go water my patio plants.. I had a little plumbing issue last night so I need to get that fixed. Actually I have one outside and another one inside. LOL!!! so I need to find a plumber this morning.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

Oh sweet Niki!! I love you girl!!!! Happy painting!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-26-11 07:44 AM

I've missed you lately Deb... I've been so sick, and now I am finally getting better.

We are still gonna go and look at one more place for paint before I make up my mind. We will paint this week or next weekend. I want it done RIGHT NOW!!!! I'm just getting so excited!!!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• Quote:

I am taking R&R this weekend guaranteed ... cooking cleaning laundry .. scrapping .. ( that is R&R to me lol ) ... we are moving our office this coming Thursday and over the weekend and I have three classes to teach next week too ... so I have lost all me time starting Monday ... I really like me time ...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Rebecca: Wonderful new pages ...

Trisha : You have done something right if she feels safe with you and came back ... saying a prayer for you all ...

Debbie : I want to see my extended family too ... I miss my little prince and princess

Niki : have fun painting ... I think Pink is a perfect girly color for you and the walls!

Time to give the doggies a bath ... enjoy your day everyone ...

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Trish my heart goes out to you girl. I know Krysta needs you but i know it's a big job you have getting her self esteem and confidence back up, dealing with her issues, plus the mere fact that she's a teenager! Prayin for you girl...

Hi Alda...your R&R sounds just like mine...and the upcoming week is going to be nuts times two for me! Im out of town tues and wednesday, then out of town to a different place on Thursday...trying to put out fires all over the Council. I will more than likely have to write up a girl who I just gave a verbal warning two weeks ago. She's got a big ole chip on her shoulders and doesn't take ANY kind of direction well, must less corrective actions. dreading that!

Here's what I've been working on today and lst night:
BLESSED By Youvegotmel

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Hi Debs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina sounds like you got your point across to the bully supervisor...good for yoiu!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
Rebecca: Wonderful new pages ...

Trisha : You have done something right if she feels safe with you and came back ... saying a prayer for you all ...

Debbie : I want to see my extended family too ... I miss my little prince and princess

Niki : have fun painting ... I think Pink is a perfect girly color for you and the walls!

Time to give the doggies a bath ... enjoy your day everyone ...

Well when you come to see me, we can manage to make a trip to Deltona if you like. OR, I can arrange to have them come to the house for a few hours. Plus we have the new little Prince, Drake.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Hi everyone - sounds like some fun Saturday plans. Mine consist of working, house work and if I am lucky a little bit of scrapping.

Trisha I am praying for you, please keep us updated. I think some counseling would be good for her to if you can get it for her. Bless you and your hubby for trying to help her.

Deb have fun with little ones.

Mel and Rebecca some terrific los.

Tina good for you for speaking your mind. I wish I was better at doing that. Luckily my current supervisor is very easy to work for and I am more comfortable speaking out to him than some of the other supervisors I have had.

Niki I am so glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to see pics after the paint job.

Jackie - I love acquariums, but don't have any to near me.

I am so excited to get my new sister. I am so ready to go shopping again.

Well break if over, must get back to work if I want to scrap.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to Sherrenae

Hi everyone, my Saturday plans are driving the kiddies around to a bowling party and track meet. Then later, and tomorrow, going throught the stack of paperwork I have accumulated since last week....ugh, we get too much mail!

Then making baskets for the Scout's Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser....you know, every 6 months I do this I am totally burnt out, but DH wants to continue! Dinner is next week, so I will be getting it done early if I complete it tomorrow.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:
  • Flying_Unicorn Said:
Deb : I will have to check it out the series.. it sounds heartwarming .. which channel is it on .. I will see if back episodes are on demand ..I usuallyhave some good old fashion rock and roll & my Meatloaf (okay always Meatloaf) playing in the background when I scrap .. I need noise and if I watch a movie on demand it takes me 10 hours since I have to always restart it ...

I was planning the last week of March - but we are moving our office ... so it may not be till May ... but I really would like to spend a weekend with you I miss ya !

Jackie that is one of the nicest pics of you and Mark that I have seen so far

I love Meatloaf...He has been my favorite since I was about 8. I was so excited about celebrity apprentice, but worried too, cuz I had this idea in my head about what he would be like in real life and was afraid he would not be all that I expected him to be....so far not too bad. I had built him up to be a softie with a heart of gold, with a rough exterior! Love his lyrics and voice, and background singers and music! LOVE HIM! stepping off my preaching pedistal.

You are my new BFF ... I was really concerned as well... but as long as he was not the first to go ... we are good... I have all of his Cd's x 2 (for the car and the house) ..but as much as we may LOVE him .. the true credit for Meatloaf has to go to Jim Steinman .. Pandora's box awesome CD...

I agree with you about Steinman!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Any diet soda works, but has to be mint menthos, and DIET soda.

vincesprincess
Veteran
vincesprincess
In response to kaykay1010

So ~ my dad was over last week with a stomache thing... which of course my kidos ended up getting... and naturally the cycle would be me next right? Well, it sure did happen that way - was down for the count a few days... Anyhow, I cant believe how much (conversation) I missed in just a few days!

Anyhow... feeling 90% better now! Yay... it sucked!

I did notice Jackie - your quilt was amazing... I am sooo jealous that I can't sew. I have a machine which I pulled out this morning to fix the seam on my fitted sheets - let's just say my attempt was amature at best! Oh well, at least I tried!

BTW, all the LOs looked great!!! Sorry, I wont be participating... I dont know why, but it seems to take me literally weeks to complete my LOs. I think that's why I mostly gave up on doing them and mostly do altered art, cards, tags and mini album projects instead now... I find it much easier for me! Does anyone else get "LO block" too??? Or are you all just naturally talented?!?

Anyhow, just wanted to stop in and say hi! I'm so excited to find out who my swap sister will be - I've got the shopping bug so I feel like I'm counting the days now so I have a reason to go to my FAV sb store - which recently moved waaaay across town! Dont you hate stuff like that happens? It's kinda like when your fav makeup gets discontinued or they stop making the same color of hair dye you've been using for years. If it aint broke... well you know?!?

Have a great weekend girls!!!!

~amy

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vincesprincess

trisha, given what you've said about krysta's mother, why haven't other family members stepped in and try to help krysta before? since clearly her parents are to blame for some of her behavior.

I didn't have any interest or concentration to work on layouts today, so I started working on some cards. they're not done yet, but I have the rest of the weekend to myself anywya since Jason is working, so I'm hoping to get some of them done.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I have had the BEST time today- I did the lo for Pink for the CJ! I thought I wouldn't be inspired and I totally was (I LIKE doing 12x12 size! Any smaller is much more of a challenge). I will post a picture of it tomorrow when its light again. Our clocks go forward tonight, so an hour less sleep but nice bright early mornings from now on!

This CJ lo will also fit Rebecca's challenge - I'll show you the details when I post. Is that 'green' challenge still going on SCC? This would even fit that too! Oh I am still pleased that I had such fun doing the lo - it might even be hard to part with it, but I will, so don't worry!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Things have been calm at work, but they did just ring me to ask if the nurses can claim as if the clocks don't go forward! Well in the autumn they don't get an extra hour when the clocks go back, so I figure they should get the same hours as normal tonight. It messes up all the fluid charts when you only count 23 hours instead of 24!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

LMAO! Deb love the picture of the plumber

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Howdy girls! I'm sitting here needed to pee! LOL my dh is installing a new toilet..and he had to stop and go to Lowes, and of course now I have to pee...could be the glass of blanc i just polished off! HA!

EWe're making pretty good progress on the house remodel. I'll take some pics soon and show ya'll. Bought a new beautiful 'hotel luxury' shower curtian and liner and a new hotel-style curtain rod...Now if I can just get the motivation to paint the bathroom we'll be well on our way.

Thanks for all the love on my lo girls!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

HELLO!!!

Whew.. the weekend is already half over! I worked Friday night.. it was alot of fun. A friend came over to sit with us after work and listen to the band. We danced and had a few drinks. Then tonight we went to our home town to join some other people and listened to another band and had a few more drinks. Now I'm just catching up with the thread.

Trisha.. I wish you lots of patience, love and luck with Krysta. I am sure she is very lost. Sounds like alot of time will need to be invested.. but our children are worth it.. I hope you are giving yourself some credit where credit is due.. it's so wonderful that you are there for her!

I have a friend that is from another swap that is thinking of joining us!! I'm really hoping she does. She's just a wonderful person and so much fun!!

Before we went out tonight, we went to a local church for a beef and noodle dinner. It was $8 a person and evferything was home made. Oh they had fresh cut corn, green beans, cole slaw, beef and noodles, mashed potatoes and deserts. YUMMY!

Beautiful LO's I will catch up on love very soon!!

I didn't get to scrap with my friend. Her brother came back from Afghanistan and they got together as a family... I was excited that she got to see her brother.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to lynnde

Morning girls!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. It's been a crazy week here. My dh's grandma has taken a turn for the worst so we've been squeezing in hospital/nursing home visits. My dh who works at a nursing home says her weeks are numbered at this point. So we had the difficult task last night of taking the kids up to say good bye. They weren't really too close to her, but she has been at every holiday and she was an amazing seamstress and made my dd some amazing dolls. I was crying watching them...so hard to be a Mom sometimes. I'm hoping at this point that she's goes quickly and peacefully so she doesn't suffer any longer. She has said for the past few months she's "ready" to go.

Then as if it's not stressful enough on dh, he calls his brother in FL to give him a heads up on her condition (so he can be prepared to make a trip home and such) and his brother was a total jerk to him. Saying things like he didn't need to know until she was gone and he has enough stress in his life and doesn't need to worry about this too etc...dh was pretty upset by his reaction.

So stressful...on a happier note I went scrappin on Friday night got another 2 pg LO almost finished. I did more talking than scrapping as I went with good friend whom I hadn't seen since before Christmas so it was good to catch up.

It's a big sports weekend here as the college hockey sweet 16 started Friday. My team won the first round with the 2nd round today. I was cheering so loud yesterday my ds said to me, "Mom, quit yelling you're scaring the dog" lol good times. I hope they can pull off a win tonight, it'll be a tough team to beat.

I'm also hoping to start on the CJs today and we're finally ordering the wood for our floor. Our remodel continues as well...

Trisha~ I think her coming back good sign of how well you've done with her. She knows a good environment and you should be commended for your great influence on her.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrappindmbfan

Morning Sweet Friends!

Would you believe I didn't get any scrapping done with my gf yesterday?? Not even a minute!! We had a great day none-the-less.

We shopped a bit at J's where every scrappy thing was 40% off because it's National Craft month! On top of that I had a 25% off your entire order coupon so that's 65% off!!! I couldn't resist getting a few new goodies!! When I got that coupon it also had one to share with a friend, she was a happy shopper too!!

When we got back to my place we did a bit of baking, some cranberry loaves that I eat for breakfast and are yummy!!

After lunch we went through drawers full of all family photos that I have inherited including some pretty awesome tin types! Then it was time to head to my mom's for family game night for even more fun!!

Right now I need to go get ready for church. MAybe I can fit in a bit of scrapping this afternoon. Hope you all have a great Sunday planned!!!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

Good Morning ladies.

It looks like all the snow they predicted for here is not going to materialize. There were a few flakes yesterday but I don't think they even made it to the ground.

I am afraid I have a sick puppy on my hands. She wouldn't eat her breakfast which is bad because she is a chow hound and she has had to go outside every few minutes. I wonder what she has got herself into. Hoping she is okay.

Rebecca glad you had a good time with your friend. I love looking at old pics.

Nancy sorry to hear about your grandma in law, so many emotions go through you at these times. Glad you have the games for a bit of fun - hope your team won.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Sherrenae

well I just caught up with 16 pages! Miss a few days and now I pay

I'm at my sister's place for a long weekend so the cousins can all play together. Can you say chaos? It's been crazy but 5 kids all running around and hearing them laugh is so worth it. I need to go back home just to get some quiet.

Traci sounds like you had a blast!

Trisha what a crazy situation. Atleast Krystal knows you and Andy will help her out. Romania sounds like a fabulous place.

Jackie your quilt is wonderful!

Rosita hope Dollywood was too much fun.

Amy glad to hear you are doing better.

Rebecca take care of yourself! Did you enjoy scrapping this weekend?

Annie and Pink....more snow? Wow now I feel so lucky all of ours has been gone for a while.

Hi everyone! The kids are starting to wake everyone up so I better get some breakfast going. Happy Sunday

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Sherrenae

Good Morning girls!!

Well I'm the first one awake here so I wanted to take some time to see my favorite ladies.. I thought my son, dil, and grands were spending the night, but they hadn't planned on that so that turned out better for the sleeping arrangements. although now I need to take my cousin out to their house so she can see the new baby.

Rebecca, your weekend sound fun. You're so lucky to have those tin types. We had a game night too. Michelle came down and my cousin, my goddaughter and I all played Rummicub until 2:30 am.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dh's grandma. It's so sad. That's so weird about his brother being a jerk to him. Now if he hadn't called to give his brother an update then he'd probably be mad about that too.

Sherri, sorry about your puppy. I hope she'll be okay. I can't believe you still have snow. It's so hot here already.

Amy, if you were talking about not participating in Rebecca's challenge, it may be okay to do a card. I really can't rememeber.

Kelly, don't you hate having to go through all that mail???? I tend to let it pile up too. then having to organize all of it into proper places. Blah!!!!

Danelle, you are turning into a regular party animal. LOL!!! Sounds like a fun time though!!!

Hi Trisha and Rachel.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
So guess where Michael and I spent the evening?? In Urgent Care!!

I have been having chest pressure all day and my arm felt really heavy and my gut told me it was nothing but I figured I'd better get it checked out. They diagnosed it as a muscular problem and prescribed 600 mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day and 5 mg valium at bedtime.

Best news? There was no out of pocket charge for the UC visit!

Guess I'd better go take my drugs and get some rest!

OMG, I hope you are doing ok now. How do you feel?

Thanks for asking Kelly, I am feeling okay, I probably wouldn't have gone to Urgent Care except I was afraid if it was cardiac related and I ignored it I would be in real trouble! Hopefully the full round of drugs will cure it.

Are you feeling any better?

Thanks for asking, I am feeling better. I got a little hitch in my giddyup today, but I feel pretty great, considering.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:

I hear that! I gotta get a move on!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• youvegotmel Said:
Rebecca great pages!
How's everyon's Friday going? I've been in my studio for several hours...Im in the process of getting ready to do a pretty big piece (painting on huge canvas). I am a bit aggrevated right now though. I spent $20 bucks on some gesso and when I got ready to prepare my canvas I used it...it's SO thin it gives almost no tooth at all and no way am I going to be satisfied with that, so I'll have to go tomorrow and buy a more expensive, yet smaller amount, of gesso...should have gone with what I know in the first place! Grrrr!

Anyway, Hi there Miss Alda!
Joelle sounds like you're up for a fun treat ! Im so jealous!

Annie, a quilting meet! cool!

What is gesso? I have no idea.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• TrishaLouise Said:
Drama, drama, drama! Have I said how much I hate drama?

Guess who showed up on my porch at 11:30 last night? Yep... None other than Krysta (with bags in tow). Seems the wonderful life she thought she was getting wasn't quite what she thought. She was very up set and not in a frame of mind for talking. So I fed her and put her to bed. Andy and I stayed up all night talking about what to do.
So wish me luck and say a prayer for me. No telling how things are going to go from here.

I told you that she might just need to know you were serious about loving her, and you just proved it to her! I know my sister moved out when living with me because she did not like the rules I imposed on her, and when she moved back home, she felt unloved about having too much freedom....it is a balancing act, so stick to your guns. She moved back in with me and stayed for almost a year before she started to think about moving out on her own which she eventually did , but she knew I was always heere for her....you can be a great role model for her and her future parenting style.....I am not saying it will not be work, but in my experience, totally worth it.

My sister just tried to say I was both her mother and sister on facebook (she has said I was more of a mother to her for years) and she is married and has 2 beautiful children by the same father and works a full time job at a nursing home. They are all going on vacation with us in June. We offered to pay for their hotel so we could all go to ssee the ocean with the kids. It was a long road, as our mother was not a great mother, drinking, partying, men, you know the routine, I am certain. I got out because my grandmother adopted me, but could not get the other 2 (they are 10 and 11 years younger than me) But I tried to be a good role model for her....so hang in there. SHE NEEDS YOU! You are doing a great job.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Fortunes Fool Said:
Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday at CKC was great! and today I'm going back! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought so much new stuff, and the classes were fun. I've more classes today and I'm so excited! I'll check back in with everyone later!

What classes did you take?

I took a sketchabilities class, a totally awesome layouts class and the abc's of scrapbooking class. I enjoyed the layouts class but the other 2 were just OK....fortunately in the fall, they will be close to me again, so I can take a few more!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-27-11 09:08 AM

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • vawm Said:
Okay, then I am in!

Victoria!! It's so great that you're joining in!!

Thanks Deb! I am excited to be joining!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:

What classes did you take?

I took a sketchabilities class, a totally awesome layouts class and the abc's of scrapbooking class. I enjoyed the layouts class but the other 2 were just OK....fortunately in the fall, they will be close to me again, so I can take a few more!

I took the Latest and Gretest class, Totally awesome layouts, 15 minute Pages, the CK sketches calss, and a lecture class. THe first 4 were fabulous, but the last one wasnt. Oh well. It is also safe to say that I spent way to much money. I'll have to take pictures of everyhting later today, but I'm pretty sure that it wont all fit into one photo.

Today I'm gonna have to do paperwork and fix my computor. The really sad part is that I wont be able to play with any of my new supplies until easter weekend. (sigh) Oh well.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to vincesprincess

• vincesprincess Said:
So ~ my dad was over last week with a stomache thing... which of course my kidos ended up getting... and naturally the cycle would be me next right? Well, it sure did happen that way - was down for the count a few days... Anyhow, I cant believe how much (conversation) I missed in just a few days!

Anyhow... feeling 90% better now! Yay... it sucked!
~amy

Sorry You've been sick. I hope you get back to 100% soon.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Dollywood on Saturday was ideal! The kids and I rode a few rides, met up with some friends who also have passes, saw several shows, and left after the park closed. I didn't get home until almost 11:30 last night, and was up at 5 again this morning so I think I'm going to take a nap now.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

How is everyone on this happy Sunday? Neil and I have been in the garden all afternoon, planting seeds, replanting small plants into the garden, and tidying up all round. Neil has been trying to flatten the lawn by filling up gaps, and digging up bits that stick up when he is mowing! All in all the plan is to have it looking good when July comes!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I have also finished the lo for Pink's CJ (apart from I have to add a 'yum' on top of the pie!) and I would also like to put it in your challenge, Rebecca. The bubble wrap printing is new to me, as is making my own flowers. I used LOADS of old stash, and it actually reminded me that I have lots of old things that I should use more often. This was the best fun!

Ooh la la... By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I am moving on to Katrina's - I'm not so good working with the tiny 6x6 size, so this is good discipline for me!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

nancy, I'm sorry about your DH's grandmother. that's rough. I'm baffled by your BILs response - is there something major going on in his life right now that would make him act like that, or is he always such a jerk?

Trisha, has Krysta told you more about what upset her so much to come back to you? how is she holding up?

hope everyone's having a good day. just got back from the grocery store and I'm going to kick back and finish the cards I started yesterday.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Nancy so sorry to hear about your dh grandma.

Rebecca.. are you feeling any better? Sounds like a wonderful friend filled weekend! So glad you got to enjoy a little shopping too.

Traci.. sounds like you had fun too. Once day I want to go to something like that...

It's so nice to see so many new faces!! Welcome to all of you. I have a friend that wants to join but her next few months will be busy so she may pop in just to get to know everyone then join next round.

Aww Sherri.. hope your puppy is better real quick!

I finished a set of my charms and have only one set to go. Then I have to hit it hard on the CJ pages and DS BFF book which is almost complete. ALl that needs to be done by May. Can't believe we are knockin on the door of APRIL already!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

LOL @ party animal Deb. If you only knew me a few years ago! I've actually calmed down quite a bit. I never really partied til I was in my 30's. Which is actually nice.. it didn't take so long to learn my limitations. Now I can go have a few drinks.. laugh and the next day still feel great!

Page 5 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics